"One day, in the very near future, lacrosse will be an age based youth sport - and 5 minutes after that happens there will be parents on this site saying that youth lacrosse needs to have weight and height limits because it just isn't safe "my kid is XXXXX and they mature late and he can't compete with those 10 year old XXXXXXX kids already in puberty", and about a year later people will be saying it needs to be split by kids born in the first half of the year and kids born in the second half of the year because the January and February kids are just to big and strong to compete with. I know I am being snarky but the point is people will always complain no matter what."

The above might be the single most uninformed post on this board, which says a lot. And its clearly made by a person who has a kid who only plays lacrosse. Nearly every single other sport has age based play, and I have not heard a single comment from anyone as to the things you are saying. I have had multiple kids in travel hockey for many years. Its always been birth year. I have not heard a single complaint along the lines of what you are saying. Not one. Same with Little League Baseball. People need to involve themselves with something other than lacrosse every once and a while.