Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks have proven to be the best 2022 team and Express is the best U13 team. No need to debate holdbacks, it is within the guidelines. However, I love hearing Quint Kessenich's opinion. Simply said grade based encourages reclassing and nobody wants to a 6 foot kids vs a 4 foot kid. So let's go LI clubs, time to switch this grade based nonsense.

so what are you saying, there isnt any age grade appropriate 6 footers? Wrong, I saw at least one!

Way to get overly particular in defense of the indefensible. Why don't you, or anyone else for that matter, explain why grade based is actually a better way to organize this sport at the youth level? In the past, when the madness reached its peak, with recruiting going on at the earlier years - maybe it could have been explained or rationalized. But, now there is simply no recruiting happening in any meaningful way (and by that I mean even seriously watching players) prior to at least kids being in HS for a year. So if you make 9G the first year that you compete against your "graduating class" rather than your age group that would seemingly make sense. Let 13 year old kids play against 13 year old kids and once they become 9g they can be the class of 2022. Seems to make sense. Doesn't fix the hold back, re-class, pre-first type thing entirely, but once you reach HS you are playing kids older than you are anyway. Why should a kid have to endure it as a youth while they are just learning the game?

Holdbacks and Reclass has always been the cowards and made fun of. Nothing has changed. No respect for older kids playing down. Sorry.

Even if its your sons best friend and he misses the ever changing cut off by 1month, 1 week, even 1 day. Or if best friend is only a few days older and have been playing all sports together and in the same class together.
The no respect is guys like you that play in a system that is set and then complain about it on a site that caters to it.
Not all these kids are out to cheat or get an on field advantage. Their birthdays just happen to fall on a date that an entire sport can't get behind and support. Plenty of leagues and programs out there to play in .