2019 BOYS BOTC MEDIA ALL LONG ISLAND TEAMS
Posted on 21st Nov 2019 04:16:15
THE 2019 BOYS BOTC MEDIA ALL LONG ISLAND TEAMS
Back Of The CAGE is proud to announce the first ever inagural BOTC Media All-Long Island Teams. The three teams are compiled by our staff and contributors along with weekly, monthly and year-end nominations made by fans of the game backed with supporting data and coaches that participated. The diverse group of opinions provides a strong consensus of the top players from all of Long Island including the players from the different conferences, divisions & leagues in Nassau County, Suffolk County, Catholic High Schools & Private Schools, although there is so much talent making this extremely difficult.
BOTC MEDIA ALL LONG ISLAND TEAMS
1ST TEAM ATTACK:
- Justin Tiernan, John Glenn, A, Sr. – 3-year starter with over 292 points who was the Co-Leader in Points on Long Island after putting up 78 goals & 33 assists as junior which earned him 2nd Team All Long Island by Newsday and 63 goals & 53 assists this year being #5 in Points on Long Island. Committed to Lehigh University.
- Christian Mule, Half Hollow Hills West, A, Sr. – A Duke commit who posted up 2 back-to-back seasons with over 100 points finishing this year with 102 points (53g, 46a). Earned 1st Team Newday All Long Island player as a junior.
- Xavier Arline, Shoreham-Wading River, A, Jr. - The UNC commit recorded 62 goals & 62 assists for #2 in points in Suffolk & #4 on Long Island and already has 140 goals & 150 assists in his career as a 3 year starter. Garnered 2nd Team Newsday All Long Island in 2018.
1ST TEAM MIDFIELD:
- Garrett Gibbons, Massapequa, M, Sr. – A three-sport athlete who had 36 points as a junior and recorded 6 hat-tricks this year finishing with 29 goals & 40 assists to help the Chiefs win the Nassau Class A Championship. He is committed to the University of Maryland.
- Cooper Trepeta, Locust Valley, M. Sr. – He scored 26 goals as a junior and recorded a point in every game this year finishing with 30 goals with 15 assists helping the Falcons to the Nassau Class C Finals. He is committed to Hofstra University.
- Reilly Gray, Chaminade, M, Sr. - A two way midfielder on one of the top nationally ranked teams in the Country. Committed to Notre Dame.
1ST TEAM DEFENSE:
- Colin Hart, Garden City, D, Sr. – Wih his size, athletic ability who won the Synder Award as the top QB in Nassau County, Colin is one of the best cover guys in the entire country and can go coast to coast with ease proven with his 5 points this year. The anchor of the defense who has helped the Trojans to third straight Nassau Class B Finals appearance. He committed to Brown University.
- Kenny Brower, Massapequa, D, Sr. – A tenacious lefty man-to-man defender with his athleticism, size & fudamentals. Helped Pequa to a 3-peat of the Nassau Class A Championship. Committed to Duke University
- Edward Arnold, Manhasset, D, Sr. – Plays sound man-to-man defense and an extremely tough cover guy. A 2x All-County selection and garnered 2nd Team Newsday All Long Island last year who is the backbone of the Manhasset defense. Committed to UPenn.
1ST TEAM LSM:
- Roy Meyer, Chaminade, LSM, Sr. - The longstick middie is a beast on the wings, in between the lines, on defense and also on offense putting up 3 goals and 1 assist. He is a huge reason why the Flyers were one of the top ranked teams in the country. Committed to Boston University
1ST TEAM FOGO:
- Angelo Petrakis, Massapequa, FO, Sr. – A multi-sport athlete who placed 2nd in NY State for wrestling after winning the Nassau County championship. Earned Newsday All-Long Island is a 2x All-County selection after winning 84 percent of his faceoffs as a junior and over 200 this year on top of 5 goals and 8 assists. He is Committed to Cornell.
1ST TEAM GOALIE:
- Liam Entenmann, Chaminade, G, Sr. - Not only the vocal leader anchoring the Flyers defense but Liam is arguably the top goalie in the class of 2019 with his quickness, precise outless passes and ability to cover the cage. Committed to Notre Dame.
2ND TEAM ATTACK:
- Joey Spallina, Mount Sinai, A, Fr. - Suffolk Countys assists (64) & points leader & #2 in goals (65) and the 3rd overall points leader on Long Island (129), helped the Mustangs to be Suffolk Championship. Already has 215 career points after putting up 86 points as an eighth-grader.
- Brennan ONeil, St. Anthonys, A, Jr. – Last years leading goal scorer (64) & assists leader (34) in the CHSAA averaged 4.5 points per game against with half of the teams ranked nationally with 56 goals & 16 assists. Committed to Duke in eigth grade- the 1st eigth-grader to commit to a college.
- Dylan Pallonetti, Ward Melville, A, Sr. - 3 year starter who is a prolific scorer & playmaker who had 191 points with 45 goals & added 11 assists this year leading the Patriorts to their 3rd straight Suffolk A Championship game and Suffolk Title. A Long Island Champion in 2018 who earned 2nd Team Newsday All Long Island. Committed to Maryland.
2ND TEAM MIDFIELD:
- James Ringer, Bayport–Blue Point, M, Sr. – A 3 year starter who amassed 100 career goals with 44 goals coming this season on top of 30 assists. He is committed to Rutgers.
- Ben Weinberg, Jericho, M, Sr. – He scored 90 goals and added 40 assists the past 2 seasons and recorded 7 hat-tricks this season. He is committed to Lehigh University.
- Blake Behlen, Commack, M, Sr. - A 2x All-County selection who led all all midfielders on Lons Island in assists with 51who also added 20 goals. Surpassed 100 career assists in 3 seasons and is committed to Towson.
2ND TEAM DEFENSE:
- Gerald Filardi Jr, Half Hollow Hills West, D, Sr. - Penn State commit who is a lockdown defender who had 59 ground balls and added 9 goals & 2 assists. Also a stud Quarterback who had offers to play in college.
- Frank Ciniglio, Ward Melville, D, Sr. - The Cornell commit is a lock down defender and the leader of a robust Patriots defense who helped the Pats make their 4 straight Class A Championship and Long Island Championship.
- Danny Boccafola, Garden City, D, Sr. - The Cornell commit is can play the wing and locksdown the top midfielder helping GC to their 3rd straight Class B final.
2ND TEAM LSM:
- Greg Campisi, St. Anthonys, LSM, Sr. - The extremely athletic Harvard commit is excellent between the boxes and on the wings who creates multiple plays in transition scoring 3 goals and dishing out 6 assists. One of the best Long Stick Midfielders in the country.
2ND TEAM FOGO:
- Conor Calderone, Smithtown West, FO, Sr. - The 2x All County selection and Maryland commit won over 90% of his faceoffs this season. Also had a great junior year garnering 2nd Team Newsday All Long Island.
2ND TEAM GOALIE:
- Collin Krieg, Ward Melville, G, Jr. – Regarded as one of the top goalies in the 2020 class in the country starting for the Patriots since his sophomore year helping them to back-to-back Class A finals appearances & to the NY State finals in 2018. He is committed to North Carolina.
3RD TEAM ATTACK:
- John Hoffman, Smithtown West, A, Sr. -- He scored 50 goals and added 30 assists with 4 goals in the Suffolk Class A Championship game. Committed to Providence.
- John Sidorski, East Islip, A, Sr. – The Lehigh commit compiled 289 points as a 3 year starter with over 90 points each season. Helped East islip to the Suffolk Class B Championship and earned Newsday All Long Island in 2018.
- Jack Rooney, St. Dominicks, A, Sr. - Surpassed 200 career points finishing ith 242 career points after racking up 69 goals & 50 assists this season leading the Hawks to a State Championship title. A 2x All-CHSAA selection who is committed to Furman University.
3RD TEAM MIDFIELD:
- Connor Kalmus, Riverhead, M, Sr. – He has excellent field vision with an uncanny ability to find open men through multiple lanes. HM All-County selection with 42 goals & 16 assists drawing the opponents top defenseman. Committed to St. Johns University.
- Dan Striano, Cold Spring Harbor, M, Sr. – The Providence bound midfielder is versatile and scored 46 goals and handed out 18 assists helping win the Nassau title.
- Tom Sangiovanni, Harborfields, M, Sr. – The Siena commit scored 29 goals and added 17 assists as a junior & 35 goals and 26 assists helping win the Suffolk Class B Championship.
3RD TEAM DEFENSE:
- Kevin Ehli, Smithtown West, D, Sr. - A strong one-on-one defender with the ability to shut down top goal-scorers helping the team to the Suffolk Class A Championship.. He is committed to Utah.
- Connor OReilly, St. Anthonys, D, Sr. – The anchor and captain of the defense. He is committed to Georgetown.
- Mike Alexander, West Islip, D, Sr. - He had over 50 takeaways over the past 2 seasons. Committed to play for the Division 1 finalists, Yale University.
3RD TEAM LSM:
- Nick LiCalzi, South Side, LSM, Jr. – He picked up 88 ground balls as a freshman and earned 2nd Team Newsday All Long Island as asophomore. He committed to Navy.
3RD TEAM FOGO:
- Brandon Aviles, Ward Melville, FO, Sr. - The Sryacuse commit is a dominant fogo but also added 22 goals & 4 assists helping the Patriots to win their 4th straight Suffolk titile.
3RD TEAM GOALIE:
- Colton Teitelbaum, Locust Valley, G, Sr. – A top goalie with 121 saves as a junior and 135 saves this year. He is committed to Loyola.
HONORABLE MENTION ATTACK:
- Jake Bonomi, St. Anthonys, A, Sr. – The Friars captain recorded 56 goals and 16 assists, top 5 in the CHSAA. He’s committed to Michigan.
- Vince DAlto, Kings Park, A, Sr. – Strong & fast 2x All County attackman who scored 42 goals and dished out 31 assists as No. 15 in points in Sufolk. Posted up 133 points in 2 seasons and is committed to Stony Brook.
- Sam Lufti, Massapequa, A, Sr. - The Hofstra commit helped lead the Chiefs to 2 straight Class A Finals appearances with 52 goals & 19 assists - Top 10 Nassau County Points leader.
- Louis Perfetto, Manhasset, A. Sr. – A 2x All-County selection who is the QB of the offense & leading point scorer with 37 goals & 23 assists helped the Indians win the Nassau Class B Championship. Committed to BU.
- Colin Gleason, Massapequa, A, Sr. – Committed to Siena who is No. 6 in points in Nassau with 46 goals & 31 asssists helping the Chiefs to a Nassau Class A 3-peat.
- Chris Giulliani, Islip, A, Sr. - A solid attackman who scored 90 & 42 assists over the past 2 season who helped Islip win their first ever County title in 2018.
- Morgan O Reilly Long Island Luthern, A, Jr. - The Junior led LuHi to its 5th straight PSAA title and is the leading point scorer on Long Island with 133 points. He is committed to Sacred Heart University.
- Russel Maher, A, Mt. Sinai, Jr. - The Syracuse commit ranked 15th in the country manufacturing 58 goals and 69 points total.
- Danny Caddigan, Smithtown West, A, So. The No. 1 leading goal scorer in Suffolk County (75) who helped lead West to the Suffolk Class A Championship title game.
HONORABLE MENTION MIDFIELD:
- Jack Monfort, Syosset, M, Sr. – A 4-year varsity starter & 2x All County selection who was the leader of the young Braves offense filled with up and coming stars who finished scoring 53 goals and had 18 assists over 2 the past two seasons being a leader for their young, talented stars. Registered a hattrick in the Nassau Class A Finals. Committed to Yale.
- Thomas Greenblatt, Massapequa, M, Sr. - The play making midfielder has 22 goals & 23 assists helping the Chiefs to their 3-straight Class A Finals. Committed to Binghamton.
- Trevor Yeboah-Kodie, Garden City, M, Sr. – A freak athlete who won Gatorade NY State FB player of the Year is a two way player who added 38g, 9a helping GC to 3 straight County Finals appearances.
- Kevin Leon, Bethpage, M, Sr. – A 4-year starter & 2x All County recepient led the Eagles with 26 goals & 7 assists on top ofwinning .575% of his faceoffs and scooping 95 ground balls. He is committed to Geneseo.
- Joe Juengerkes, Islip, M, Jr. – Registered 8 hatricks ending with 43 goals & 11 assists. 2 Back-to-back seasons with 40+ goals. Verbally committed to Hofstra University.
- Max Napoli, Northport, M, Sr. – An athletic midfielder who can play on both ends of the field for the Tigers
- Nick Turrini, Calhoun, M, Sr. - 2x All County selection who manufactured 43 goals & 23 assists with 8 games with 3 or more goals. Had 56g & 17a as a Junior. Committed to Army.
- Andrew McAdorey, St. Anthonys, M, So. The field general of one of the top nationally ranked teams who contributed 23 goals & 21 assists when sophomores very seldom play up on varsity. Regarded as one of the top midfielders in the the country.
- Stephen Grabher, North Shore, M, Sr. – A do it all middie who is a faciilator & goal scorer who finished with 40 goals & 39 assists with 142 points over the past 2 seasons and also took faceoffs scooping up over 200 ground balls earning All County 2 years in a row . Committed to Army.
- Rich Hickis, Farmingdale, SSDM, Sr. – A two-way midfielder who is utilized more as a ssdm but still had 17 points. He is committed to Hofstra.
HONORABLE MENTION FOGO:
- Tyler Sandoval, Chaminade, FO, Sr. - The Princeton commit has quick hands who can not only faceoff but a threat on offense.
- Michael Porcelli, Eastport-South Manor, FO, Sr. - The Providence commit recorded over 65% of his faceoffs and over 50 groundballs while adding 2 goals and an assist.
- Justin Coppola, Garden City, M, Sr. – A multi-sport athlete who earned All-County in FB and 2x in lacrosse won 78 percent of his faceoffs. He is committted to Villanova.
- Jake Naso, St. Anthonys, FO, Jr. – He is committed to Virginia.
- Dylan Pape, West Islip, FO, Sr. – A converted attackman who transformed himself into a superior faceoff man who had 5 goals and 24 assists. Committed to Siena.
HONORABLE MENTION DEFENSE:
- Caden Hawkinson, Cold Spring Harbor, D, Jr. – He can switch and play long-stick midfield. He is committed to Michigan.
- Karl Lacalandra, Comsewogue, D, Sr. - Four-year starter and All-County selection. Committed to LIU Post.
- Alex Keener, Bethpage, D, Sr. – A four-year starter & 2x All-County selection responsible for guarding the top offensive player with excellent skills in between the lines with a few assists. Committed to Saint Josephs.
- Nick Caccamo, Harborfields, D, Jr. - The anchor of the defense who collected over 100 ground balls helping Harborfields to the Suffolk Title.
- Anthony Carroll, East Islip, D, Jr. – The Hofstra commit is a fast, lockdown defender who can also go coast to coast and make plays on the offensive end of the field.
- Michael Sabella, Mt. Sinai, D, Sr. - The 3 sport athlete who was the leader on the defensive end. Committed to Stony Brook.
- Rich Cuite, North Shore, D, Sr. – The leader on a strong Vikings team who made it to the semi finals. Plays solid man-to-man defense and is great in the clearing game. He is committed to Sacred Heart.
- Ethan Larson, Ward Melville, D, Jr. - A key shutdown defender part of a stout defense who helped win 3 Suffolk Class A Championshiships. Committed to UNC.
- Lucas Salerno, Long Beach, D, Sr. -
HONORABLE MENTION LSM:
- Patrick ONeil, Ward Melville, LSM, Sr. - The Brown commit is excellent on ground balls and in between the lines adding 4 goals with 4 assists. Helped the Patriots to 3 out of 4 straight Suffolk Class A titles.
- Ryan Huff, Eastport-South Manor, LSM, Sr. - A 3x All County selection who colllected over 140 ground balls the past 2 seasons and an oustanding 37 goals & 23 assists showing how much of a threat he is with the ball. Committed to Penn State University.
- Jack Schirtzer, Shoreham-Wading River, LSM, Jr. – Averaged over 3 caused turnovers a game as a sophomore & junior. He is committed to the University of Maryland.
- Christian Lowd, Smithtown West, LSM, Sr. - Committed to Stony Brook.
- Sal Pascarella, Hills East, LSM, Sr. - Committed to Saint Josephs University.
HONORABLE MENTION GOALIE:
- AJ Galassi, Port Washington, G. Sr. – He is a four-year starter and 2x All County selection who made 150 saves this year. He is committed to Cornell.
- Thomas Heller, Comsewogue, G, Sr. - He finished with 156 saves as a junior & 163 this year. He is committed to Albany.
- Max May, Hewlett, G, Sr. – A 2x All County selection and three-year starter who recorded 503 career saves with 211 this year. He is committed to Muhlenberg.
- Ron Durante, Lindenhurst, G, Jr. – The backbone of the Bulldogs defense who made 187 saves as a sophomore and 165 this season.
- Matt Knote, Eastport-South Manor, G, Sr. - He made 162 saves as a junior & 193 this year. Committed to UMass.
- Jared Paquette, West Islip, G, Sr. – He made 132 saves as a junior and 168 as a senior.. He is committed to Yale.