A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there tryouts for pick up teams? Don’t think my old post went through.

I’ve noticed that there are three 24 pick up teams and now a 2027 one according to the 27 thread.

I’d like to get my daughter onto one but not sure how. Do they play local only? Who runs them? What are the costs ?

I believe some of the pick up teams were started by parents and know of another started by a coach who trains girls from multiple teams. The coach’s (Tilts) team name is LI Power. I believe she has an instagram and you can maybe reach out to her for her future stuff. The fall league is almost over. Don’t know what other extra leagues/tournament they are doing? If you know of girls on a pick up team , ask them who is organizing it, and see if they need more players?

Tribe is another with mostly 2024s- Kilgus coaches it

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #353602 Yesterday at 11:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve noticed that there are three 24 pick up teams and now a 2027 one according to the 27 thread.

I’d like to get my daughter onto one but not sure how. Do they play local only? Who runs them? What are the costs ?

Not sure if people pay for tribe, but lightening and power have no tuition. They only pay for the events they participate in.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353605 Yesterday at 11:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was actually curious about this as well. I noticed my daughters teammates on a team, and am hoping she can find a way to pop in as well. I guess asking her friend would be the easiest, but curious how you would get on without a friend on the team

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353609 Yesterday at 11:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was actually curious about this as well. I noticed my daughters teammates on a team, and am hoping she can find a way to pop in as well. I guess asking her friend would be the easiest, but curious how you would get on without a friend on the team

One way on to some of them is to pay for private and group training with the coach of the team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353624 Yesterday at 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if people pay for tribe, but lightening and power have no tuition. They only pay for the events they participate in.

So these coaches are working for free ? What’s the point of that for them ?

Still doesn’t help me get my kid on. I guess the answer is email Tribe Lightning or power on Instagram and see if they have space ?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #353625 Yesterday at 01:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s important is have it a good team all the coaches will come to your games and see your
Player too

If you’re in a team attending top events like presidents cup you’re fine. It’s about who will allow the team into their tournaments and which clubs are able to access them. Some clubs put their teams back into their own tournaments to recycle the tuition money back to them over and over. Not going to mention a name, but anyone can figure it out

My lacrosse tournaments ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353646 Yesterday at 03:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still doesn’t help me get my kid on. I guess the answer is email Tribe Lightning or power on Instagram and see if they have space ?

Yes they do it for free. Some of them it’s to keep girls who have been friends together, some it’s because they care about the kids, and some do it because they love the sport: regardless, it’s awesome for kids to play with new people and to get more time on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353650 Yesterday at 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they do it for free. Some of them it’s to keep girls who have been friends together, some it’s because they care about the kids, and some do it because they love the sport: regardless, it’s awesome for kids to play with new people and to get more time on the field.

And…most of the time it’s a parent coaching, doing it for their kid as well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353659 Yesterday at 04:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Not many people will do it unless it’s for money. It’s why you see so many parent coaching coaching club as well. The money isn’t good enough for the amount of time unless your kid is playing for free

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #353667 Yesterday at 05:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Not many people will do it unless it’s for money. It’s why you see so many parent coaching coaching club as well. The money isn’t good enough for the amount of time unless your kid is playing for free

Going to reach out to some on social media and see if I can get her on a team

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Page 55 of 56 1 2 53 54 55 56
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard