Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Remaining for the Girls LI Showcase & the Boys/Girls UnD1sputed Showcases - Register Today @ www.CBLaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournaments Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 03/01/21 12:20 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 10:14 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 10:13 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 09:51 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,267
Posts283,091
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 859 of 859 1 2 857 858 859
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
BoardLord #321652 02/25/21 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select Lacrosse is trying to pitch their tryout as an alternative to UA. YJ and STEPS are the leadership team. Any comments?

"All players within the graduation year and region are welcome to try out and compete for a spot. The tryout process will be unlike any other, with collegiate coaches evaluating and selecting players. Club coaches will not be selecting the teams.

PROFESSIONAL INDEPENDENT EVALUATORS
COLLEGIATE COACH EVALUATORS
NO CLUB COACHES WILL SELECT THE TEAMS
EACH REGION WILL HAVE 4 TEAMS - 1 PER GRAD YEAR
ALL COLLEGE COACHES INVITED TO TRYOUTS
IDENTIFYING THE BEST PLAYERS FROM EACH REGION REGARDLESS OF CLUB OR HIGH SCHOOL AFFILIATION"

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #321660 02/25/21 01:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Excellent math, excellent point and very well said.

Solid post. What are your thoughts on how attrition plays into that count. How many freshman/sophomores just stop playing in college.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321663 02/25/21 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select Lacrosse is trying to pitch their tryout as an alternative to UA. YJ and STEPS are the leadership team. Any comments?

"All players within the graduation year and region are welcome to try out and compete for a spot. The tryout process will be unlike any other, with collegiate coaches evaluating and selecting players. Club coaches will not be selecting the teams.

PROFESSIONAL INDEPENDENT EVALUATORS
COLLEGIATE COACH EVALUATORS
NO CLUB COACHES WILL SELECT THE TEAMS
EACH REGION WILL HAVE 4 TEAMS - 1 PER GRAD YEAR
ALL COLLEGE COACHES INVITED TO TRYOUTS
IDENTIFYING THE BEST PLAYERS FROM EACH REGION REGARDLESS OF CLUB OR HIGH SCHOOL AFFILIATION"

read the last 2 pages

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321696 02/25/21 05:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid post. What are your thoughts on how attrition plays into that count. How many freshman/sophomores just stop playing in college.

At the top programs most continue to play, very few stop.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321711 02/25/21 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bald Bear has done some research, I do not recall his exact findings but I believe he says a large number of players stop playing. In my experience looking at the top 20 or so programs it looks like a very high percentage of the players continue to play all four years. I just looked at the Rosters from the 2014 and 2015 LI UA Underclass Tems and it looks like 36 or 37 out of the 39 players either played all four years or are still playing. Two or three players had career ending injuries. One player who was injured continues to stay part of the team as a volunteer coach. I do not know the numbers for the rest of DI teams but logic tells me that the majority of players do not quit. Just look at roster size, if a large number of players stopped playing teams would not be able to maintain rosters in the mid 30’s.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321712 02/25/21 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bald Bear has done some research, I do not recall his exact findings but I believe he says a large number of players stop playing. In my experience looking at the top 20 or so programs it looks like a very high percentage of the players continue to play all four years. I just looked at the Rosters from the 2014 and 2015 LI UA Underclass Tems and it looks like 36 or 37 out of the 39 players either played all four years or are still playing. Two or three players had career ending injuries. One player who was injured continues to stay part of the team as a volunteer coach. I do not know the numbers for the rest of DI teams but logic tells me that the majority of players do not quit. Just look at roster size, if a large number of players stopped playing teams would not be able to maintain rosters in the mid 30’s.

I don’t dig too deep into this stuff. I just wanted to bring to light that you can do what you want to do but most of it doesn’t matter. If you’re good enough and have the grades you’ll find your way regardless of what club you play for, what lists you are on etc etc. if you look at club commits. 20 to 25% of the grade level go to solid d1 programs, the 75% that don’t go elsewhere or just go to college as students.

Like Reply Quote
Page 859 of 859 1 2 857 858 859
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard