12/18/19 08:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

100%
Very hard to make the top team at YJ. Looking at the past decade the top 15 girls on the A team (blue)go on to play at top 10 programs. The Gold or B team sends most kids to lower D1 schools like Holy Cross, Hofstra and Binghamton. The C team sends girls to low D1, D2 and D3 schools. If your daughter wants to play lacrosse in college there is a school for her. Playing on YJ it gets them exposed along with other programs, but the most beneficial part is the friends them make and the fun times and memories they create. Getting to Maryland or UNC isn’t everyone’s goal but that don’t mean you can’t have fun. And play club ball. YJ offers a ream for all levels of skill. Yea it’s a business but a good one.

Lower D1 school? Hofstra was 30. Holy Cross 92. Binghamton 107. Not the same tier.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #297741
12/19/19 08:27 AM
12/19/19 08:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Not sure I get the hostility towards YJ other than jealousy. I'm an M&D parent and YJ does the best job of any club getting their girls recruited by top schools. While I don't get the parents that are willing to pay the money for their girls to be on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc YJ team that's on the parents, not the club. Are you saying that YJ shouldn't field teams when there is a demand for it? That wouldn't make any sense.

100%
Very hard to make the top team at YJ. Looking at the past decade the top 15 girls on the A team (blue)go on to play at top 10 programs. The Gold or B team sends most kids to lower D1 schools like Holy Cross, Hofstra and Binghamton. The C team sends girls to low D1, D2 and D3 schools. If your daughter wants to play lacrosse in college there is a school for her. Playing on YJ it gets them exposed along with other programs, but the most beneficial part is the friends them make and the fun times and memories they create. Getting to Maryland or UNC isn’t everyone’s goal but that don’t mean you can’t have fun. And play club ball. YJ offers a ream for all levels of skill. Yea it’s a business but a good one.

It is very hard to make the top YJ because its not always based on skill level. Sometimes the girl has the right zip code, they pay for play with their coach or have other connections. Just because players are on the Blue team doesn't mean they are Blue players.

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: BoardLord] #297776
12/20/19 12:01 PM
12/20/19 12:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100% odds over the last 10+ years is that many of the best LI girls play for the YJ's. Many years and parent could dump out the ball bag and win coaching the blue team. But to the person above 100% accurate that some blue players don't belong but since they live in the right neighborhood or had siblings that have already paid CR 10's of thousands of dollars they make the tea, Its not tough to take some extra kids when you are rostering almost 30 girls. My problem has always been if you take a girl on a team, she must be good enough for that team, so PLAY THEM!

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #297863
12/28/19 04:50 PM
12/28/19 04:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So do you think that college coaches realize the BS politics? What are the chances then of a B player playing for a top program if they are buried on the B team because they don’t have the correct zip code or mom and dad paying extra money to have their kid on the A team.

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: BoardLord] #297869
12/29/19 09:32 AM
12/29/19 09:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

If your player is good enough and you put the time into looking at schools and going to their camp or clinic the coaches will see you.

Lots of second team players go to great schools AND PLAY.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #297877
12/29/19 05:27 PM
12/29/19 05:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

If your player is good enough and you put the time into looking at schools and going to their camp or clinic the coaches will see you.

AND if your a C team player you can get into a good school through politics as well! politics alive and well!

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #297895
12/30/19 11:52 AM
12/30/19 11:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree. Just look at the big fish in small ponds. Best girls that play on the Wave and other smaller programs still get to top schools not always but WHEN its deserved

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #302114
05/16/20 10:56 AM
05/16/20 10:56 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College kids don’t coach at yellow jackets. And I’ve never seen anyone hung over. My kid plays for the c team and she is going to a very good d2 school . Like most programs you will get out what you put in. She got to play before many d1 programs and had 5 calls/ emails on September 1st. It didn’t go that way but it all work out and she’s very happy with her school . More importantly she’s proud of her self and so am I.

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #302115
05/16/20 11:11 AM
05/16/20 11:11 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do some research . look at the rosters and at the Commitments . You will see players down to the c team going to good d2 schools. My daughters year has 4 teams and you’ll see a lot of girls going d3 on the 4th team and the still have a year to go.

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #302122
05/17/20 09:27 AM
05/17/20 09:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do some research . look at the rosters and at the Commitments . You will see players down to the c team going to good d2 schools. My daughters year has 4 teams and you’ll see a lot of girls going d3 on the 4th team and the still have a year to go.

The C team is alive and well with politics. The 1 going D1 is a political connection and if you are in the right crowd on that team they helped you out. I have no problem with playing D2 or D3 but I am not sure kids play for 5 years hoping for D2. Finally, 5 calls from D1 teams on Sept 1, doubt that, most of B girls got no calls. And many B girls got no help with recruiting.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #302129
05/17/20 05:49 PM
05/17/20 05:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn’t matter about money it matters about exposure if your daughter starts to look at schools and gets an idea for what she wants big, small, private public and major then u start doing the camps and sending the emails. If a coach knows u want them and the school they’re more inclined to take notice to your daughter.

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #302131
05/18/20 09:37 AM
05/18/20 09:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The C team is alive and well with politics. The 1 going D1 is a political connection and if you are in the right crowd on that team they helped you out. I have no problem with playing D2 or D3 but I am not sure kids play for 5 years hoping for D2. Finally, 5 calls from D1 teams on Sept 1, doubt that, most of B girls got no calls. And many B girls got no help with recruiting.

Which team is your girl on? What are you basing your statement on? Facts? Or your emotions? Pretty sure it’s the latter!

Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse [Re: Anonymous] #302147
05/18/20 08:37 PM
05/18/20 08:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team is your girl on? What are you basing your statement on? Facts? Or your emotions? Pretty sure it’s the latter!

Obviously you're daughter is on C. Truth hurts.

Reply Quote
Page 842 of 842 1 2 840 841 842
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification