Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Remaining for the Girls LI Showcase & the Boys/Girls UnD1sputed Showcases - Register Today @ www.CBLaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournaments Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 03/01/21 12:20 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 10:14 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/28/21 10:13 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,268
Posts283,092
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #321610 02/25/21 08:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #321720 02/26/21 07:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have spoken to a lot of other parents who plan to send their kids to 91 tryouts. Any parents on here who have kids on this team that can tell me our likelihood of making the team?

Not sure how you expect anybody to answer this about your anonymous daughter - unless you're looking for feedback on how loyal they are to returning girls or if they know of any girls who aren't returning and will therefore leave open spots.

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321721 02/26/21 07:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach is extremely loyal to the kids and the kids are equally as loyal to her. Many parents have spoken to one another and will play anywhere our coach is. She has made it clear that kids who try our get a fair shot because nothing in life in handed to us and she reiterates it to the kids that sports teams are another “life lesson” as she calls them. I don’t think there is a clear cut answering without knowing your daughters skill level, but again she is fair but also know that our kids don’t plan to take their foot off the gas pedal. We love the program and hope kids try out. If they are skilled they deserve a chance.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321753 02/26/21 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very fair. I guess I don’t know what exactly I’m asking but I’ll try and rephrase. I think I’m more so asking how picky the coach is with who they bring in? Like is he/she willing to see new players or are they completely closed off from giving other kids a chance? Do they have more than one team for the age group? Do the girls plan to all return?

Coach refuses to leave the kids under any circumstances and is respected by the program. My intel on this team is that these kids have no interest in leaving no matter how hard other teams push to poach their top kids. The program will add as many teams as they are able to based on what I see at younger grade levels.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321774 02/26/21 02:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one team at this age group. There are also no teams at all at either the 2023 or 2025 level so they can't combine grades to make combo teams or anything. Possible they would just expand the roster or maybe some girls will leave (although obviously from this thread the parents seem very committed).

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321829 02/27/21 01:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one team at this age group. There are also no teams at all at either the 2023 or 2025 level so they can't combine grades to make combo teams or anything. Possible they would just expand the roster or maybe some girls will leave (although obviously from this thread the parents seem very committed).

91 bought the bandits so they will have a 23 and 25 team as well as 3 2024 teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321836 02/27/21 03:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 bought the bandits so they will have a 23 and 25 team as well as 3 2024 teams.

Are any of the Brookhaven Bandit teams competitive that they bring over?? Who do you compare the 23 team to locally? My guess is they would be like a YJ C team, but I honestly don't know who they are and who they have played?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321839 02/27/21 03:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they really plan to merge them? That will be very difficult. I thought at least short term each was going to continue operating seperately with their own brands, tryouts, etc.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #321845 02/27/21 05:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had one of the best 25 teams locally and nationally a few years back, but a few of their best players got poached by yellow jackets and the team fell apart and no longer exists.

Tilts sound talented so I expect the same will happen because the organization doesn’t care about girls lacrosse and is a disservice to her players.

Also, let’s be clear and with all due respect to her efforts but her team would lose to theYJB team by 10.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321846 02/27/21 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #321852 02/27/21 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is “investing” on the girls side. The girls for last 2 years have same exact winter academy as the boys. They have a few competitive grades and if they keep at it will only get better. Not everyone wants to play for YJ

Thanks Brian!

And why did you do that , because of your daughter and her fiends? Daddy coaches are one thing, but a Daddy owner?

Run away, they don’t have a single team that could compete with a YJ B team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321854 02/27/21 07:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9D1 had one of the best 25 teams locally and nationally a few years back, but a few of their best players got poached by yellow jackets and the team fell apart and no longer exists.

Tilts sound talented so I expect the same will happen because the organization doesn’t care about girls lacrosse and is a disservice to her players.

Also, let’s be clear and with all due respect to her efforts but her team would lose to theYJB team by 10.

91 never had a competitive 2025 team. That was YJ Spallina and 91 2025 wasn’t in the same ballpark. Not even YJ B.

I also detest the whole poaching concept, if the league and the coach are offering an environment where the kids are growing and developing, no one leaves. Case and point, Tilts. All other examples are parents who have FOMO and jump ship. New coaches see that from a mile away, especially if you’ve done that more that once. It’s usually the parents who thinks Suzie is better than she is.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #321856 02/27/21 08:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 never had a competitive 2025 team. That was YJ Spallina and 91 2025 wasn’t in the same ballpark. Not even YJ B.

I also detest the whole poaching concept, if the league and the coach are offering an environment where the kids are growing and developing, no one leaves. Case and point, Tilts. All other examples are parents who have FOMO and jump ship. New coaches see that from a mile away, especially if you’ve done that more that once. It’s usually the parents who thinks Suzie is better than she is.

I don’t think any of these kids are leaving from what I’ve heard about this coach and changes to the program. contrary to popular belief, this team does have talent and the top players are clearly happy. Like the previous comment says, kids who jump ship at this point probably think the grass is greener and will surely be in for a rude awakening. Kudos to 91 for supporting this coach and her kids. While my kid isn’t on this team, as a parent whose kid is not part of yellow jackets it’s nice to see support for other programs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard