Stay Home, Save Lives - #FlattenTheCurve

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous. 05/26/20 06:49 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 05/26/20 04:45 PM
Girls 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 05/26/20 03:20 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 05/26/20 01:01 PM
CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
by Anonymous. 05/26/20 11:29 AM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 05/26/20 11:27 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,022
Posts264,753
Members2,183
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300452
03/17/20 10:50 AM
03/17/20 10:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On a lighter note, at least the pause on the season means less posts about the Skywalkers and their coach. Be safe folks and remember to wash your hands and keep your distance.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #300885
04/01/20 02:34 PM
04/01/20 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we please just call the spring season?!? It's highly doubtful they'll be able to play at all this spring

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #300892
04/01/20 04:56 PM
04/01/20 04:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can we please just call the spring season?!? It's highly doubtful they'll be able to play at all this spring

That would mean they would have to refund. Tuition at McDonough ain't cheap when you are paying full price.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #301347
04/16/20 08:59 AM
04/16/20 08:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are any clubs besides M&D collecting money for the summer season ? I am curious how clubs are handling the wait and see pattern for the summer season. Are any clubs offering refunds or credits for the spring season that now seems to be completely canceled ? I am not advocating one way or another - I'm just curious what other clubs (heros/coppermine/Skywalkers/MD United/hoco) are doing. AS this virus lingers longer and longer it seems possible summer won't even be played. Even if the lacrosse clubs and tournament directors want to play - the facilities and schools may not be open or available. I'm hearing of colleges beginning to close/cancel summer activities. There may not be fields to play on. I don't know how prudent paying for summer lacrosse is at this point - maybe a month from now we will know more. I'm just curious to see how it is being handled in different clubs.

Any information is appreciated.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #301554
04/24/20 11:44 AM
04/24/20 11:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

anybody wondering how tryouts will go this year? do you think clubs will keep the same team from last season? this would be a big year for girls to make the switch to bigger and better clubs to get established on a team before the high school years start and the recruiting events?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #301988
05/12/20 11:04 AM
05/12/20 11:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly, the right thing to do would be to push this year's squad forward without tryouts and only invite to backfill girls that decide to leave the program. I've heard it being done with other programs but not with our daughter's team. What will be interesting to see is how they run the Spring 2020 season as a tournament on Labor Day Weekend after programs have potentially gone through tryouts and begun their Fall 2020 seasons.

Out of curiosity, what programs have stepped up and continued to be a part of their daughter's life and which programs do you feel like they've dropped the ball?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #302051
05/14/20 01:42 PM
05/14/20 01:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, most Baltimore clubs shut down after Mid Atlantic Club Championship, and some clubs start having tryouts for next season. Most go on vacation. We will let NY clubs play each other for some fake prize.

Seriously ?!? Just because M&D isn't in it or Chris Robinson doesn't make money off of it - does not mean it's a fake prize. Wow the arrogance of M&D people kills me

It's not just M&D people. Teams stopped attending nationals years ago. YJ wins every year because there is no competition. Not sure why Carol Rose continues to send teams there. There have been years that the championship has been between a YJ A and B team. Waste of time. Yes, it's the same weekend as Mid-Atlantic. Check the tournament websites for lists of teams attending the two tournaments and you tell me which makes more sense.

Also, no one wants to play Spalina's team.

Uh oh, with Nationals canceled guess who's coming to town?

If the MA actually happens it looks like M&D won't be winning their own tournament this year.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #302056
05/14/20 03:05 PM
05/14/20 03:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, most Baltimore clubs shut down after Mid Atlantic Club Championship, and some clubs start having tryouts for next season. Most go on vacation. We will let NY clubs play each other for some fake prize.

Seriously ?!? Just because M&D isn't in it or Chris Robinson doesn't make money off of it - does not mean it's a fake prize. Wow the arrogance of M&D people kills me

It's not just M&D people. Teams stopped attending nationals years ago. YJ wins every year because there is no competition. Not sure why Carol Rose continues to send teams there. There have been years that the championship has been between a YJ A and B team. Waste of time. Yes, it's the same weekend as Mid-Atlantic. Check the tournament websites for lists of teams attending the two tournaments and you tell me which makes more sense.

Also, no one wants to play Spalina's team.

Uh oh, with Nationals canceled guess who's coming to town?

If the MA actually happens it looks like M&D won't be winning their own tournament this year.

MA is not happening. All 4th of July celebrations are being shut down across the state because of crowds

Reply Quote
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification