The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 07:08 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 01:08 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 11:29 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/21/19 09:14 AM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 07:02 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,766
Posts255,134
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 380 of 381 1 2 378 379 380 381
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292054
09/02/19 02:35 PM
09/02/19 02:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Will the combine results be publicized?
I took a look at the girls who made it to this last cut -many were from all over lots of Georgia, California, Illinois...
And the familiar names were sparse...
MidAtlanitc Dad

Yes. They haven't even let the girls know who made it yet. Agree not a lot of MD girls attended, it just wasn't well publicized. There were a lot of familiar names on the last list from LI and New England however.

Only YJ players made it from LI - Fear the Bee

Not at U15

Saw the list and sorry but the usual suspects ie UA/ School Girls/ All County multiple times or US Lax AA did not seem to tryout .

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292057
09/02/19 05:14 PM
09/02/19 05:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please post the list? Unable to locate anywhere and curious!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292071
09/03/19 10:00 AM
09/03/19 10:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292088
09/03/19 03:19 PM
09/03/19 03:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292089
09/03/19 03:28 PM
09/03/19 03:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I took a look at the girls who made it to this last cut -many were from all over lots of Georgia, California, Illinois...
MidAtlanitc Dad

Yes. They haven't even let the girls know who made it yet. Agree not a lot of MD girls attended, it just wasn't well publicized. There were a lot of familiar names on the last list from LI and New England however.

Not at U15

Saw the list and sorry but the usual suspects ie UA/ School Girls/ All County multiple times or US Lax AA did not seem to tryout .

Almost everyone that made the final team was on an UA Underclass team this summer.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292093
09/03/19 04:33 PM
09/03/19 04:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MidAtlanitc Dad

Not at U15

Almost everyone that made the final team was on an UA Underclass team this summer.

I am really only familiar with the LI players and of the 5 I think 2 made an UA team and only 1 has made an UA team multiple times. I dont believe any were US lacrosse AA but could be wrong as US lacrosse only recognizes the top team and thats the only list I know of.The LI players are all very good but I dont think any are the top players except for 1 .Not sour grapes just an opinion.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292094
09/03/19 04:34 PM
09/03/19 04:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MidAtlanitc Dad

Not at U15

Please....I saw maybe one or two girls on both of those teams that would be considered top players. The best girls in those age groups were not on those team lists. Pretty sure they did not even know it was "a thing". Anyone who follows girls lacrosse knows it. Congratulations to the girls who made this team, but keep it in perspective. My daughter was a standout player on UA, and knew nothing about it. Wondering why it was kept such a secret?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292098
09/03/19 07:19 PM
09/03/19 07:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't a secret. They stated in a press release nine months ago how they exactly were going to do this. The problem with it was they tied it to the WPLL Regional tryouts. They had those tryouts at horrible times when kids were in school, or had actual other practices we had to attend. There was also a cost that frankly a ton of people were like "yeah not gonna do that" for a WPLL Regional team. From those Regional teams then they chose this list. Many families from our area chose not to go. The main reasons why really great players in our area didn't do it was cost of tryouts and then cost to be a part of WPLL. Also several coaches said it didn't matter, and to focus instead on the season and at best UA.
Also , for another money grab , if you couldn't make the Regional Tryouts you could go To Yale and pay to "be seen" $400.00 and get selected that way. If you had been selected at regionals you didn't have to pay though for the clinic just travel and room/board.
We chose not to participate.
Someone asked a good question on line for the u15 team there are a lot of 2022 grads how is that possible? Bought most u15 was 2023?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292100
09/03/19 08:21 PM
09/03/19 08:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't a secret. They stated in a press release nine months ago how they exactly were going to do this. The problem with it was they tied it to the WPLL Regional tryouts. They had those tryouts at horrible times when kids were in school, or had actual other practices we had to attend. There was also a cost that frankly a ton of people were like "yeah not gonna do that" for a WPLL Regional team. From those Regional teams then they chose this list. Many families from our area chose not to go. The main reasons why really great players in our area didn't do it was cost of tryouts and then cost to be a part of WPLL. Also several coaches said it didn't matter, and to focus instead on the season and at best UA.
Also , for another money grab , if you couldn't make the Regional Tryouts you could go To Yale and pay to "be seen" $400.00 and get selected that way. If you had been selected at regionals you didn't have to pay though for the clinic just travel and room/board.
Someone asked a good question on line for the u15 team there are a lot of 2022 grads how is that possible? Bought most u15 was 2023?

Wow, very interesting. Way to grow the game US Lacrosse! Yet another example of how it’s a useless organization!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292104
09/03/19 09:02 PM
09/03/19 09:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's really 17&under and 15&under but they call it U15 and U17. A LI 2021 could conceivably be on the U15 team with a fall birthday (i.e. still not quite 16) because of the later school cutoff. My 2020 is still 17 and is age eligible for the dates they gave for U17, though she chose not to try out for a number of reasons. There are several 2020s on U17, though.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292106
09/03/19 09:53 PM
09/03/19 09:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One could be the devils advocate and say that they did grow the game. The excitement generated by the WPLL league was good! Many players probably did inspire a new generation of athletes. For me the issue was the rollout. I suppose they had to find a way to do it and so in their mind tying in the WPLL was they way to do to but at least in our area we had a flawed system. When you have high school coaches making the decisions and not an unbiased recorder you get the list that our region put out. Again though not sour grapes and honestly I don't know how one would even begin to do it! I know the process for baseball and soccer is very different, over a year period and takes in totality of play. This was essentially two tryouts.
Many people who attended the combine had very positive experiences for what it's worth. The u15 list does have a lot of great players so it's not taking away from them at all- but I think when they had that group of 70 and ran them through actual physical testing the field was immediately narrowed.
This is the same argument people have about the UA list every year in regions outside of the Midatlantic. When you have girls who are flying to California and West to make a team even though they live In other states I think that is a process that should be halted for example. In the end it all washes out it can be argued and looking at other sports "stars" at 15 don't always make it to being a star at 19. With the NCAA rules changed although it may give a girl some buzz to be on that list the real work comes over the next 2 years.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #292109
09/03/19 10:24 PM
09/03/19 10:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also heard one you made the list this season you automatically get invited to next year's combine but don't have proof of it. Seems ridiculously flawed in my estimation. Having regional tryouts in the middle of the first month of MidAtlantic play for example is setting everyone up for failure. So what's the best way to do it? I can only go off of what other sports do.
Training centers year round like other sports. No cost to try out. Girls that make it keep getting invited to regional training centers. With all other sports due to the US affiliation they are allowed to participate regardless of club or high school play. . The field is narrowed organically and scouts also go to major tournaments to identify players.
I found it funny that after pushing to roll back NCAA rules they named a u15 team though. That seemed disingenuous and made them no better than the other sports who fought against their rules and encourage early sports specializing.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #292120
09/04/19 09:50 AM
09/04/19 09:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also heard one you made the list this season you automatically get invited to next year's combine but don't have proof of it. Seems ridiculously flawed in my estimation. Having regional tryouts in the middle of the first month of MidAtlantic play for example is setting everyone up for failure. So what's the best way to do it? I can only go off of what other sports do.
Training centers year round like other sports. No cost to try out. Girls that make it keep getting invited to regional training centers. With all other sports due to the US affiliation they are allowed to participate regardless of club or high school play. . The field is narrowed organically and scouts also go to major tournaments to identify players.
I found it funny that after pushing to roll back NCAA rules they named a u15 team though. That seemed disingenuous and made them no better than the other sports who fought against their rules and encourage early sports specializing.

The kids that made the final team are automatically invited back to the national combine next year, not all the girls that were at the combine this year. Caveat of course is that you still have to be age eligible. The 2020s on the U17 can't play next year obviously and any 2021s that were born prior to 9/1/2002 can't play either.

Reply Quote
Page 380 of 381 1 2 378 379 380 381
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification