SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 285 of 286 1 2 283 284 285 286
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
The Hop #302430 05/29/20 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is the least expensive private school on Long Island due to it a endowment and has 10+ seniors going D1

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #302433 05/29/20 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You keep going on and on about holdbacks when all I wanted to say was congratulations to the Class of 2020 at Chaminade. There are some VERY good players on the team and it is really too bad they lost their season. There was a lot of great stuff on the schedule for the boys and it would have been a lot of fun. Best of luck to everyone next year in college....I hope you crush it.

The majority will never be heard from again. This was their last chance for some meaningful playing time. Sad after spending all that money, but unfortunately those are the facts.

The parents spend the money for a great education, lax is secondary..... even as good as the program is. IMO, money well spent.

Like Reply Quote
The Hop #302648 06/05/20 11:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least you were spared being blown out by St. A's three times this season...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302661 06/05/20 05:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep going on and on about holdbacks when all I wanted to say was congratulations to the Class of 2020 at Chaminade. There are some VERY good players on the team and it is really too bad they lost their season. There was a lot of great stuff on the schedule for the boys and it would have been a lot of fun. Best of luck to everyone next year in college....I hope you crush it.

The majority will never be heard from again. This was their last chance for some meaningful playing time. Sad after spending all that money, but unfortunately those are the facts.

I was curious so I went to the inside lacrosse website to see what it said about the 2020 lacrosse class and those playing in college. For whats its worth Chaminade has 19 players mentioned graduating and at least 13 of them are playing in college. Clearly more than just the starting team. The colleges that these boys are going to are excellent for the most part. Yale (x2), Holy Cross, Michigan, Navy , DeSales, Tufts, Washington & Lee, Denver, High Point, Army and Furman (will invariably go somewhere). I am sure some of the other boys who don't have colleges next to their names are doing great things as well as some of the colleges they are going to are USMMA, Boston College, U Albany, Cal Berkley.

Whether or not "the majority will never be heard from again" on the field - WHO CARES. Chaminade appears to have done right by these boys via education and lacrosse. For the record I have no dog in this fight as my son doesn't go to Chaminade nor will he I was just bored and was curious. I just find the consistent negativity humorous. If the boys at Yale, Tufts, Navy, Army, etc . .are "never heard from again" on the lacrosse pitch I am sure they will do OK in life. Lets look for ways to prop up our youth and whether or not they go D1, D2 or D3 , start varsity, ride the bench and/or never play lax again it would appear that getting a good education and playing a game they hopefully loved in HS did well by them. Just my mini rant (although I would hardly classify the above as a rant) for the day. Lets let positivity rue the day. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays safe.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302678 06/06/20 07:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was curious so I went to the inside lacrosse website to see what it said about the 2020 lacrosse class and those playing in college. For whats its worth Chaminade has 19 players mentioned graduating and at least 13 of them are playing in college. Clearly more than just the starting team. The colleges that these boys are going to are excellent for the most part. Yale (x2), Holy Cross, Michigan, Navy , DeSales, Tufts, Washington & Lee, Denver, High Point, Army and Furman (will invariably go somewhere). I am sure some of the other boys who don't have colleges next to their names are doing great things as well as some of the colleges they are going to are USMMA, Boston College, U Albany, Cal Berkley.

Whether or not "the majority will never be heard from again" on the field - WHO CARES. Chaminade appears to have done right by these boys via education and lacrosse. For the record I have no dog in this fight as my son doesn't go to Chaminade nor will he I was just bored and was curious. I just find the consistent negativity humorous. If the boys at Yale, Tufts, Navy, Army, etc . .are "never heard from again" on the lacrosse pitch I am sure they will do OK in life. Lets look for ways to prop up our youth and whether or not they go D1, D2 or D3 , start varsity, ride the bench and/or never play lax again it would appear that getting a good education and playing a game they hopefully loved in HS did well by them. Just my mini rant (although I would hardly classify the above as a rant) for the day. Lets let positivity rue the day. I hope everyone has a nice weekend and stays safe.

You forgot the 2020 middies going to Notre Dame, Fairfield and Scranton.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302679 06/06/20 08:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Errrr, I don’t think so. Chaminade has superior defense, LSM and goalie. St. Anthony’s had big edge at attack. Face off is pretty even, but I’ll take the Chaminade Yale commit all day. Middies even. In the end, I think it would have been a battle with much turning in face offs. Number 34 needs the ball to dominate......

Like Reply Quote
The Hop #302690 06/07/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Errrr, I don’t think so. Chaminade has superior defense, LSM and goalie. St. Anthony’s had big edge at attack. Face off is pretty even, but I’ll take the Chaminade Yale commit all day. Middies even. In the end, I think it would have been a battle with much turning in face offs. Number 34 needs the ball to dominate......

My kid plays for Express. Granted the star players on Chaminade are Express kids... whoever wrote this is nuts. St. Anthonys has potentially best player in the country, w 3 of the top 10. This post was almost insulting.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302698 06/07/20 04:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would not be close. St Anthony’s would dominate. Yale commit would struggle against Duke. Agree that Chaminade defense/goalie may have an edge. Offensively St Anthony’s would run circles around them. St Anthonys’s Middies/Attack are solid. Chaminade losing the middle and Attack to Prep Schools hurt them. Next year will be different.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302700 06/07/20 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would not be close. St Anthony’s would dominate. Yale commit would struggle against Duke. Agree that Chaminade defense/goalie may have an edge. Offensively St Anthony’s would run circles around them. St Anthonys’s Middies/Attack are solid. Chaminade losing the middle and Attack to Prep Schools hurt them. Next year will be different.

Gotta garee with all of that!

Like Reply Quote
The Hop #302823 06/10/20 07:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disagree!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #303209 06/23/20 02:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is the Covid 19 came out of Chaminade new science labs so they wouldn't have to play St A's this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #303218 06/23/20 04:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is the Covid 19 came out of Chaminade new science labs so they wouldn't have to play St A's this year.

Good one, Fredo. Now go lie down and rest. You must be tired from making a funny.

Like Reply Quote
Page 285 of 286 1 2 283 284 285 286
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
CAMPS & CLINICS
BOTC SPONSORS