@BackOfTheCAGE
Havoc Dune Dawgs Summer 2013 Team Tryouts
can't wait for tryouts we had an AWESOME season with HDD!
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Which team was your son on? Thinking about trying out for 2019, but I think there are 3 teams at that age group...

Which team was your son on? Thinking about trying out for 2019, but I think there are 3 teams at that age group...

he was on 2019, great group of boys. teams are sorted by ability. GREAT coaches!

he was on 2019, great group of boys. teams are sorted by ability. GREAT coaches!

If you don't mind, which color? Green, Blue or Yellow?

which 2019 team was your son on?

Blue

Blue

my son wasn't on havoc/dd last year, but might try out this year. Was that Coach Skillman's team? I was wondering about that team, and what skill level they're at...I heard it's a pretty good, but still developing team, which I'm not saying is bad...just trying to get a feel...what's your opinion?
This note from the Directors of the Havoc Dune Dawgs:

We will be closing down the online registration on Wednesday, September 12th at 8:00pm. Please register before then to save the walk up fee! Visit our registration page NOW to register! Click here: http://www.shop.havocddlax.com/HDD-Summer-2013-Tryouts-2013-Tryout.htm

Blue

my son wasn't on havoc/dd last year, but might try out this year. Was that Coach Skillman's team? I was wondering about that team, and what skill level they're at...I heard it's a pretty good, but still developing team, which I'm not saying is bad...just trying to get a feel...what's your opinion?

Great organization and coaching! My son's 2019, and looking forward to tryouts Saturday night.
Who coaches their 2020 team?
dont know who the coach is

Not sure about 2020...

Havoc Dune Dawgs utilized coaches who are hired to coach. All head coaches have college level lacrosse experience. All assistant coaches have varied and rich lacrosse coaching experience. The coaches for each team will be determined as to who will be the best fit for the team that is put together. Last year one of the 2020 teams was coached by Taylor, Betcher and Erb. The other was coached by Amato & Iaconetti. This years coaching is to be determined.
From the Havoc Dune Dawgs Directors :

Tryouts are this weekend Friday Sept. 14th & Saturday Sept. 15th at Dowling College - Brookhaven Campus. Online registration closes at 8pm Wednesday, Sept. 12th.

Click here to register now and avoid the walk-up fee.

http://www.shop.havocddlax.com/HDD-Summer-2013-Tryouts-2013-Tryout.htm
The comment about your organization and coaches is a lie the 2021 was a glorified pal league team. There was no college coach. They had Don G coaching it was a waste of a year and money. You should be ashamed to call that a travel summer team the boys did not learn a thing not one offensive or defensive scheme or a single play. Get the ball to the coaches son or his friends and go to the net that was the play Also they promote no dads are head coaches thats a lie his son was on the team , he does not have any coaching experience besides pal, and there no way he played college lacrosse impossible. Taylor showed up 3 times if the kids were lucky. So you cant call him a head coach oh wait Antonio nice job good pick with him what he showed up 4 times. It looked good on paper as antonio and taylor as head coaches but be honest it was a ploy for the money. Maybe it was a mistake or because it was the first year you have to work out the kinks but at least be honest and practice what u preach. Say you messed up and that it will get better this year that's all. We are not stupid just be honest don't lie. Tell the truth it feels better. Good thing Don is Taylor's best friend i am sure he will be on the sideline again this year with his son i can tell u this at least three kids will not be there because of Don G. That team deserves a refund. Who is coaching the team this year would love to know before people waste their money for tryouts this year. Let us guess Don g again and Taylor who was split between his sons. Now he has more kids playing now what is he going to do? can't be split 4 ways. He already had to cover for a coach last year who got in trouble and was asked not to coach the rest of the year. I can imagine about the rest of the teams and their experiences. Hopefully your kids are on that 2019 green team if not run away.
i agree wasnt on that team but an older one.green team plays on all teams. coaching is at best pal level.shouuld be alot of new boys playing this year as many are not returning.
The comment about your organization and coaches is a lie the 2021 was a glorified pal league team. There was no college coach. They had Don G coaching it was a waste of a year and money. You should be ashamed to call that a travel summer team the boys did not learn a thing not one offensive or defensive scheme or a single play. Get the ball to the coaches son or his friends and go to the net that was the play Also they promote no dads are head coaches thats a lie his son was on the team , he does not have any coaching experience besides pal, and there no way he played college lacrosse impossible. Taylor showed up 3 times if the kids were lucky. So you cant call him a head coach oh wait Antonio nice job good pick with him what he showed up 4 times. It looked good on paper as antonio and taylor as head coaches but be honest it was a ploy for the money. Maybe it was a mistake or because it was the first year you have to work out the kinks but at least be honest and practice what u preach. Say you messed up and that it will get better this year that's all. We are not stupid just be honest don't lie. Tell the truth it feels better. Good thing Don is Taylor's best friend i am sure he will be on the sideline again this year with his son i can tell u this at least three kids will not be there because of Don G. That team deserves a refund. Who is coaching the team this year would love to know before people waste their money for tryouts this year. Let us guess Don g again and Taylor who was split between his sons. Now he has more kids playing now what is he going to do? can't be split 4 ways. He already had to cover for a coach last year who got in trouble and was asked not to coach the rest of the year. I can imagine about the rest of the teams and their experiences. Hopefully your kids are on that 2019 green team if not run away.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. We've been with havoc for years, and it's been awesome!! And, we're not on 2019 Green. Everywhere you guy, there's someone with a tough story. Luckily for you, there's plenty of other clubs to try. Good luck.
i agree wasnt on that team but an older one.green team plays on all teams. coaching is at best pal level.shouuld be alot of new boys playing this year as many are not returning.

College coaches are not PAL level...that's a ridiculous statement...I guess it depends on which team you're on. I know many people who have been happy with Havoc.

Here is the REALITY if someone is unhappy, and perceives there to be problems. Speak to SOMEONE. The anonymous back stabbing, complaining, and general BS is unproductive and smacks of undermining an organization. IF you played on that team you KNOW what went on AND the dedication of the coaches. The HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM WAS ANTONIO. Would you like to say HE has no college experience? When he was not there, we did our best to have Coach Taylor fill in. He certainly has college coaching experience! Before you anonymously shoot off your mouth GET the facts straight! That said, everyone got exactly what they paid for. AGAIN IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY SPEAK TO SOMEONE INSTEAD OF NOT SAYING ANYTHING UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER. and then complaining anonymously in this forum. How is that productive? We are about improving the experience for our players at every turn. If someone does NOT express to us an issue, there is NO way for us to address it.

PHIL POLO - Director of Operations - HDD

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME. Havocdunedawgs@gmail.com

We played for them and our coaches were BOTH college level. All the players from our team are returning, we were all happy. not only with coaching, but over-all.

I NEED TO SAY THIS, BECAUSE WHOEVER POSTED THE ABOVE THINKS THEY CAN SPEAK FOR OUR WHOLE TEAM. My son played on this team and we were VERY happy. we are not"friends" with Coach Gatz or Coach taylor. my son had a lot of playing time, and improved as a player. i would never dream of looking for a refund, i got what they told me i would and then some. ou sound like someone we don't want on our team or that we want to share the sidelines with. some people are never happy, no matter what.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. We've been with havoc for years, and it's been awesome!! And, we're not on 2019 Green. Everywhere you guy, there's someone with a tough story. Luckily for you, there's plenty of other clubs to try. Good luck.

There are plenty of people that have had the opposite experience with this club, unamazing. Do you know what that means? It means that this program is just like all the others, nothing special or different. Some love it, some hate it, others middle of the road. Like you say, there are plenty of programs to choose from, so good luck to all, hope everyone can find one that works for them and some peace of mind.

Here is the REALITY if someone is unhappy, and perceives there to be problems. Speak to SOMEONE. The anonymous back stabbing, complaining, and general BS is unproductive and smacks of undermining an organization. IF you played on that team you KNOW what went on AND the dedication of the coaches. The HEAD COACH OF THE TEAM WAS ANTONIO. Would you like to say HE has no college experience? When he was not there, we did our best to have Coach Taylor fill in. He certainly has college coaching experience! Before you anonymously shoot off your mouth GET the facts straight! That said, everyone got exactly what they paid for. AGAIN IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY SPEAK TO SOMEONE INSTEAD OF NOT SAYING ANYTHING UNTIL THE SEASON IS OVER. and then complaining anonymously in this forum. How is that productive? We are about improving the experience for our players at every turn. If someone does NOT express to us an issue, there is NO way for us to address it.

Well done Phil! We love Havoc DD!!

We played for them and our coaches were BOTH college level. All the players from our team are returning, we were all happy. not only with coaching, but over-all.

That's great to hear. My son is trying out Saturday night. What team are you with?

WELL SAID PHIL!! This group is GREAT and we love them! The amount of dedication and communication from the directors to us as parents is unparalleled. There was never one practice that I did not see an owner at. If you had such a "problem" why didn't you say something? There was certainly ample opportunity! Can't wait for tryouts on Friday. I think we are lucky that our children get to play for HDD!!
Funny how all the post are in close proximity from Phil's response ..
Just sayin.. Not much talk on dd then all of a sudden a lot in 2 hours , some very closely posted
But well said phil

WELL SAID PHIL!! This group is GREAT and we love them! The amount of dedication and communication from the directors to us as parents is unparalleled. There was never one practice that I did not see an owner at. If you had such a "problem" why didn't you say something? There was certainly ample opportunity! Can't wait for tryouts on Friday. I think we are lucky that our children get to play for HDD!!
Maybe that's because we keep quiet until you attack HDD

Just sayin.. Not much talk on dd then all of a sudden a lot in 2 hours , some very closely posted
But well said phil

Well the only "WE" is the one guy who started to defend d/d and continued to make remarks before the 1st post was posted ..so that tell us it was????

But well said phil

What are you talking about? Are you trying to say the same person wrote all the supportive, positive posts? If so, that's silly, and not true. I'm one of them, and I know two others...what did you think, it was Phil? Like all organizations - some people are happy, some are not...time to move on, if you're not.

Well the only "WE" is the one guy who started to defend d/d and continued to make remarks before the 1st post was posted ..so that tell us it was????

But well said phil

Important Information Regarding Tryouts For The 2016 and 2017 Teams

8th & 9th Grade 2013 Summer Travel Lacrosse Team Tryouts HAVE BEEN POSTPONED

As previously stated, HDD will be holding the Varsity and JV team tryouts after the fall recruiting tournaments. Coach Mike Taylor felt it to be much more beneficial for both the players from the 2016 and 2017 age groups, as well as the organization, to tryout at the same time as the older groups. Information will be updated here on our Dune Dawgs website in the future regarding the dates.

For more information, please email us at: HavocDuneDawgs@gmail.com
Little guys still go tonight though right ?
Little guys still go tonight though right ?
No other scheduling changes have been passed along to BOTC at this time.
how was the HDD tryout last night? Heard it was very light any truth to this?
any info on the fall tournament for the 2011 summer team?
I suggest asking them..

any info on the fall tournament for the 2011 summer team?
r
is this not the right venue to ask for that info?
is this not the right venue to ask for that info?
Given that today is their tryouts, you should be able to get your answers at the field. If you were not able to attend, e-mail the Havoc Dune Dawgs at the address at the top of this thread.
There were not many kids at all for the 2nd or 3rd grade tryouts. They will be lucky to field one team again this year just like last years disaster. You will have Combined 2nd and 3rd grade team enntering tournaments and getting beat up. The only difference is that last years team had a good goalie. As predicted on this forum a lot of the good 2nd graders did not return to tryouts because of Don G. Good thing 3rd grade express tryouts are next week. Also only about 17 kids for 4th grade team went and tried out. No real team for that grade level either. But at least Gatz is there. Do you see the common thing that's occurring on the younger teams. As usual the 2019 team was crazy over 60 kids. Everyone seems to want to make that green team to be the best on long island and maybe the country. Rumor has it the tryout was insane and kids were very good and mean. They all want to be on that team.
What did the 2020 tryout look like?
What did the 2020 tryout look like?

About 40 or so kids, on that stadium field, they had so much room to put the through the drills
There were not many kids at all for the 2nd or 3rd grade tryouts. They will be lucky to field one team again this year just like last years disaster. You will have Combined 2nd and 3rd grade team enntering tournaments and getting beat up. The only difference is that last years team had a good goalie. As predicted on this forum a lot of the good 2nd graders did not return to tryouts because of Don G. Good thing 3rd grade express tryouts are next week. Also only about 17 kids for 4th grade team went and tried out. No real team for that grade level either. But at least Gatz is there. Do you see the common thing that's occurring on the younger teams. As usual the 2019 team was crazy over 60 kids. Everyone seems to want to make that green team to be the best on long island and maybe the country. Rumor has it the tryout was insane and kids were very good and mean. They all want to be on that team.

You really have a problem with Don Gatz. You also don't know what you're talking about. There were 40+ trying out for 2020. I like you was there. There were also 75+ trying out for 2019. You shouldn't't have gone to tryout if you had such a problem last year, if it was SOOOOO awful, why were you there?

Go play for someone else!

I really cant for the life of me understand why anyone would have an issue with Don G. Talk about an un assuming guy. Taylor did 85% of the coaching , Antonio did some and then about 10% of the time it was Don. The playing time was spread out very evenly. Not to mention the asst coach was a 4 year division 1 player. This team did have many 2nd graders but you know what, they beat other travel teams. In the beggining of the year they played Express and beat them, then Express combined its teams and later in the year DD lost to them by 1 or 2 goals. How many teams that we played had 4th graders on it ? There where around 20 kids at the try out for 2021 but a bunch of kids where at football. This team will end up drawing a roster of 20 from around 30 kids. Bottom line, my kid had fun , got better and the price was very reasonable. by the way, the 2nd and third grade tryout had to have like 40 kids there. This is also an organization that states if winning is your number 1 priority your in the wrong place. If the Dune Dawgs where to go out and get three awesome players and win a bunch of games next year would it make them a better organization ? Its all about developing the players you have and making sure each kid gets to play. My kid was not even close to being one of the better kids on this team, so you know what, when the coaching staff literally stops practice to make sure he understands what he is supposed to do and can develop when they could just take my money and ignore him , well I am all in and I am thankful. Im sure we could have won more games if Don kept his kid ( a great player by the way) in more, but he didnt, instead he made sure my son got to play. Ill take character over a fancy coaching resume anyday
Of course you would want your son to be on that team. You said yourself he is not very good. He probably can't make any other travel team. Your kid is probably one of the kids who will hurt the team. Let him practice in the backyard first to get better before he ruins the team or the experience for other kids who are trying to get better. The better kids are not there to help him get better. They practice on there own And want better kids next to them not your son. And to say Taylor was there 85% of the time was an outright LIE. He wasn't at the first two tournaments. Showing up for the last game is not being there for a tournament. Green port he was not there he was away in lake placid for himself to play. Where was he for the oyster bay one? Or the maverick one not on the sideline. Where was he for bay shore? Come get real. Enjoy the DD have. Great season and I hope your son gets better but you should be realist and maybe this is not the sport for him.
Of course you would want your son to be on that team. You said yourself he is not very good. He probably can't make any other travel team. Your kid is probably one of the kids who will hurt the team. Let him practice in the backyard first to get better before he ruins the team or the experience for other kids who are trying to get better. The better kids are not there to help him get better. They practice on there own And want better kids next to them not your son. And to say Taylor was there 85% of the time was an outright LIE. He wasn't at the first two tournaments. Showing up for the last game is not being there for a tournament. Green port he was not there he was away in lake placid for himself to play. Where was he for the oyster bay one? Or the maverick one not on the sideline. Where was he for bay shore? Come get real. Enjoy the DD have. Great season and I hope your son gets better but you should be realist and maybe this is not the sport for him.

I did not say he was not very good, I said he was not one of the DD better players. Its was his first year He is on his town teams A team and is one of their better kids. Sorry you think your kid is so great that others dont have a right to be on the field with him. Athletic ability and hard work can go a long way. Lets see what happens over the next few years , especially when body contact is allowed, its a whole new world. By the way. Practices is where players truly get better, did you forget to count those. By the way, allowing gifted players to help others succeed is a true gift. one that they will reap the benefits from their entire life, far more then winning a 9 year old lax tourney. By the way, he has already been offered to play on two other travel teams and when you pay my bills you can decide where he practices and who he plays for.
I guess the truth hurts oh well good luck to you and your son bringing down the DD team this year again oh and paying your bills. and I am 100% positive it wasnt the express or 91 who wants him either just saying
I guess the truth hurts oh well good luck to you and your son bringing down the DD team this year again oh and paying your bills. and I am 100% positive it wasnt the express or 91 who wants him either just saying

Go away, if you're so unhappy. You have nothing better to do? Your son's probably a B player too, which is fine. I don't know why you're being so nasty about this person's kid's abilities. As long as the kids are matched up well, having fun, and becoming better players, AND people, in the process, all's good. There are so many teams now, there should be a home for everyone, if they're interested and dedicated to getting better.
This discussion about an (or any) individual player is not the purpose of the Tryouts Forum and should not be included on this thread. Any further discussions along these lines will be deleted. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

This thread does remain open for the discussion of the tryouts held by the Havoc Dune Dawgs and for program updates related to the selection of their teams for 2012/2013.
Maybe Havoc Dune Dawgs is not the place for you! You have such venom for the coaches, owners and organization. Why are you trying out if it's so awful?

Originally Posted by CageSage
This discussion about an (or any) individual player is not the purpose of the Tryouts Forum and should not be included on this thread. Any further discussions along these lines will be deleted. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

This thread does remain open for the discussion of the tryouts held by the Havoc Dune Dawgs and for program updates related to the selection of their teams for 2012/2013.

Understood, and completely agree. Thanks CageSage!
Dear Cagesage. The purpose of these discussions boards , or at least one of them is for people to hear different opinions about clubs. I brought up my son not because he was relevant, but as an example of how this organization treats all its players. I have heard so many horror stories about parents paying money and their kids never playing even after traveling out of state and paying for hotels, all for two minutes on the field. I have a good friend whos kid plays on one of the big name so to speak travel teams, the kid is very good. When I spoke to his Dad about playing time his exact quote was " I am happy, he plays a lot but if I where some of the parents I would be livid " Lastly, this team had a coach who played Div1 lax and prior coaching experience at every game it played
Unbelievable!!! Really??? All these comments are probably from the one parent we all know to be one of those sideline parents who can't stop coaching and yelling at all the kids from the sideline. It actually was pretty appalling that Coach Taylor's wife had to yell at them at the field. No kid is too great for the team. If you were unhappy leave...same stories are told by the same kind of parents from the other big organizations as well. People complain of Express, 91, Stampede, Team Long Island...some of these parents have been asked not to return, so they move on to the next organization...have the same problems...but really the problem is not the kid, most coaches love the kids. It's the inappropriate behavior of the parent that ruins it for their son. Sooner or later they will run out of programs to bad mouth. People talk. The lacrosse world is a small place and even though these guys own different travel teams they have one common thread...they are ALL starting a NO tolerance policy for these undesirable parents despite the money made. Their poor sons.
Unbelievable!!! Really??? All these comments are probably from the one parent we all know to be one of those sideline parents who can't stop coaching and yelling at all the kids from the sideline. It actually was pretty appalling that Coach Taylor's wife had to yell at them at the field. No kid is too great for the team. If you were unhappy leave...same stories are told by the same kind of parents from the other big organizations as well. People complain of Express, 91, Stampede, Team Long Island...some of these parents have been asked not to return, so they move on to the next organization...have the same problems...but really the problem is not the kid, most coaches love the kids. It's the inappropriate behavior of the parent that ruins it for their son. Sooner or later they will run out of programs to bad mouth. People talk. The lacrosse world is a small place and even though these guys own different travel teams they have one common thread...they are ALL starting a NO tolerance policy for these undesirable parents despite the money made. Their poor sons.

Extremely well said and oh so true! Children don't get to pick their parents, and sadly sometimes they are saddled with one of those people the rest of us can't stand to share a sideline with.
My son played with the DD last year 2020. Had a horrible experience. Coaches were good, but found that the Directors were okay with kids just running down the field without attempting to pass. When confronted with this, a statement was mad, " I cashed your check, what do I care?" Not how I want my son to learn lacrosse. It is a passing game. Anybody with just a little skill and just run and shoot.
My son played with the DD last year 2020. Had a horrible experience. Coaches were good, but found that the Directors were okay with kids just running down the field without attempting to pass. When confronted with this, a statement was mad, " I cashed your check, what do I care?" Not how I want my son to learn lacrosse. It is a passing game. Anybody with just a little skill and just run and shoot.

Those are ridiculous comments. That's not at all what the program stands for, and those guys would never say that about the check cashing...good luck wherever you bring your son.
Last year was my first year with the Dune Dawgs. I believe Mike and Phil do an outstanding job and give an amazing effort on growing this origination. My son made 91, Express and Dune Dawgs. We chose Dune Dawgs because it was a more positive teaching environment. Not a business win at all cost club. My son improved immensely this summer. We were given extra practices and the kids were always prepared to step on the field regardless of who we were playing. All coaches were extremely informative and had endless patience with the kids. If a player or players did not understand the drills the coaches took the time to explain what they wanted. Our coaches never lost their cool. And to attack Donny G who took time away from his family to help better our kids is extremely shallow. To say this team was a glorified PAL team shows your ignores towards the game. I have been coaching for awhile and it is sad how kids inherit their parents' bad work ethics and reputation. Baseball is a much bigger community go try and hide there.
We were in same boat! you will have alot more kids comng over from Express due to their $2400 tuition!!!! Discuscting how they charge a kid that much! Alot of kids are leaving the Express! i heard they were losing really good players to other programs!
This is by far the most contradicting statement. How can the "Coaches be good" but the Directors be calling the shots on the field? Are you saying the directors were at every practice and every game at every tournament? Are you also attempting to say the directors can control the lack of passing by a player? I think you're better off going someplace else to tell you lies! And IF one of the Directors REALLY said that why aren't you saying who it was. After all you're "anonymous".

WHAT? This post make absolutely no sense what so ever...Just like drinking and driving doesn't work out well, neither does drinking and bloging

I have heard many good things about HDD. My son made the 2020 yellow team and both he and I are very happy. One thing I heard about this organization is that they are not a play to win at all cost. At the 2020 age I firmly believe they need to teach the rules and “Play as a team to win”. It’s all about team spirit and not the individual. I’m sure and hope some individual do stand out so that they can to develop their game skills. I only hope my son has the same experience as my daughter has had on her travel team which took 3rd at the US La Crosse Nationals down in the ESPN Zone in Florida this past year.
I have heard many good things about HDD. My son made the 2020 yellow team and both he and I are very happy. One thing I heard about this organization is that they are not a play to win at all cost. At the 2020 age I firmly believe they need to teach the rules and “Play as a team to win”. It’s all about team spirit and not the individual. I’m sure and hope some individual do stand out so that they can to develop their game skills. I only hope my son has the same experience as my daughter has had on her travel team which took 3rd at the US La Crosse Nationals down in the ESPN Zone in Florida this past year.

Awesome, we can all hope for this regardless of organization and team!
© US Lacrosse Community Forum