Home
Posted By: CageSage Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/03/12 03:19 PM
LAX Tots




Posted By: Anonymous Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/03/12 08:11 PM
i would be thrilled if you could teach my 4 yr old to tie his shoe, wipe his nose, put the toilet seat down, and bring his dish to the sink when done eating, etc. if you can get him to play lax you would be a miracle worker.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/04/12 01:36 PM
before long someone will start Lax Embryos
Posted By: CageSage Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/04/12 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i would be thrilled if you could teach my 4 yr old to tie his shoe, wipe his nose, put the toilet seat down, and bring his dish to the sink when done eating, etc. if you can get him to play lax you would be a miracle worker.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
before long someone will start Lax Embryos

Admittedly, both of these comments make the BOTC office chuckle.

In all seriousness, kindergarden soccer has been part of the soccer town/club scene for many years in part due to the popularity of soccer as a youth sport. With lacrosse moving onto the national scene in a major way over the last decade, kindergarden lacrosse is not a surprising development.

Just a word to the wise here : BOTC does not think any parent should sign-up their youngster expecting training as a long pole.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/07/12 03:12 AM
An arts and craft project, really! Will they be learning to string their own heads?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/07/12 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i would be thrilled if you could teach my 4 yr old to tie his shoe, wipe his nose, put the toilet seat down, and bring his dish to the sink when done eating, etc. if you can get him to play lax you would be a miracle worker.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
before long someone will start Lax Embryos

Admittedly, both of these comments make the BOTC office chuckle.

In all seriousness, kindergarden soccer has been part of the soccer town/club scene for many years in part due to the popularity of soccer as a youth sport. With lacrosse moving onto the national scene in a major way over the last decade, kindergarden lacrosse is not

Just a word to the wise here : BOTC does not think any parent should sign-up their youngster expecting training as a long pole

.


Soccer and lax are two very different sports. In the natural development of a young child that age- soccer uses body movement that is more natural than trying to run and catch a small ball in the net of a stick. Young kids find more success in learning soccer than lacrosse due to this.
Posted By: CageSage Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/07/12 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soccer and lax are two very different sports. In the natural development of a young child that age- soccer uses body movement that is more natural than trying to run and catch a small ball in the net of a stick. Young kids find more success in learning soccer than lacrosse due to this.
Extremely valid observation in that one does not "drop" a soccer ball at a young age. That said, to a soccer purist, a missed pass is as "offensive" as a dropped lacrosse ball.

The Lax Tots program has some innovative exercises to introduce that pass and catch concept for young ones. Again, different strokes for different folks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/08/12 11:34 AM
Exercise is exercise and if a kid is interested at 4 or 5 so be it. We have soccer tots and t ball at 4- why not lax as well? I agree that the skills are more advanced, but have we all not seen those kids that can throw a lax ball at 4? Let them enjoy the movements and learn from it. I am sure it is age appropriate.

My youngest son started in kindergarten with community clinics and it did back fire because he hated the helmet and gloves and found it hard. It could back fire, but that is like anything else as well.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Introducing Lax Tots Long Island - 05/09/12 02:05 AM
LaxTots is a great program that was created not too long ago. It truly is a good program for kids wanting to learn the basic skills of the game. I understand people's apprehension, but children do feel successful at the sport. When they first nail how to scoop a ball, they get this look in their eye of accomplishment. True it is a struggle for them at first (especially for children whose physical development hasn't developed yet)

Beauty part about our program is that we don't use bulky equipment, it's non-contact and children just use LAX sticks (mini ones). Definitely a good building block program!
© Back of THE CAGE