@BackOfTheCAGE
Press Release:

NOTRE DAME, Ind. - University of Notre Dame Baumer Family Head Men's Lacrosse Coach Kevin Corrigan has announced the addition of John Crawley as the program’s new volunteer assistant coach.

"We are fortunate to have somebody like John Crawley who not only is a young guy just out of school who can relate with our guys as a player so recently, but a guy that played at a really high level, worked at a very high level and had obvious respect within the program at Johns Hopkins," said Corrigan. "He was a two-time captain. We are really lucky to get a young, mature and knowledgeable guy."

Crawley, a Port Washington, New [lacrosse] native, most recently was drafted by the Charlotte Hounds with the 33rd selection in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse Draft. The rookie scored 13 goals and added three assists in his debut season with the Hounds.

Crawley is very excited to have the opportunity to join the Irish coaching staff.

"When I was younger, no one wanted to watch the movie Rudy with me because they would get annoyed listening to me quote the whole thing," said Crawley. "So as you can imagine it's easy to be excited to be a new part of the Notre Dame community. Coach Corrigan, [Gerry] Byrne, [Matt]Karweck and Director of Ops Rob Simpson have been nothing but helpful and welcoming in making my transition to South Bend an easy one.

"Specific to lacrosse, in only my first couple weeks I've already learned a ton from Coach Corrigan, Byrne and Karweck. It's an honor to be a part of their staff, this program and the University."

Prior to playing professionally in the MLL this summer, Crawley was a midfielder at Johns Hopkins from 2014-17. He was a two-time USILA All-American selection with the Blue Jays and was also named a USILA Academic All-American. He graduated from Johns Hopkins in 2017 and earned a Bachelor of Art degree in economics with a minor in business.

Throughout his collegiate career, he started 30 games and played in all 60 games. He scored 70 goals for the team and recorded 30 assists, for a total of 100 points over his four years at Johns Hopkins.

The John Crawley File

Two-time Team Captain (2016, 2017)

Two-time USILA All American (2016, 2017)

2017 USILA Academic All American

2017 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar Award

2016 All Big Ten Honorable Mention

2015 NCAA All Tournament Team

2014 Bob Scott Award (Most Valuable Freshman)

Finished career with 70 goals and 30 assists (100 points), first Johns Hopkins midfielder to have 100 career points since Michael Kimmel did in 2010
© US Lacrosse Community Forum