Rock Lacrosse Launches a National Team Platform for High School Teams - 07/26/21 09:22 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 26, 2021
Brooklandville, MD….Rock Lacrosse an 18-year-old advanced club lacrosse program, is taking a new approach to its high school team structure. Entering the fall 2021 season Rock Lacrosse will be utilizing a National Team platform for freshman, sophomore, and junior teams.
Rock Lacrosse will expand its coverage, historically focused on the Baltimore Washington Metropolitan area, to the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Over the past 5 years, the program has utilized a team camp structure which combines boarding and day camps providing players from areas outside of the metropolitan area a viable means to fully engage in all aspects of the Rock Lacrosse training program, while simplifying logistical and travel challenges. For this reason, Rock has the capability to effectively expand its reach, while still meeting and exceeding developmental objectives.
The Rock National Team platform from Rock Lacrosse, will include the following package of support and services:
- Rock Team Camps – weekend day and 4-day boarding camps focused on intensive fall/summer lacrosse development training
Speed, Strength and Agility Program – in-person and distance programs, directed by Rock Lacrosse Director of Speed, Strength and Agility, a current DI instructor.
- National Recruiting Events – 2 fall and 3 summer national recognized, top tier recruiting events.
- Recruiting Advisement – participation in the Rock Recruiting Advisement program, which provides players access to best practices for NCAA recruiting, aligned with an experience Rock Lacrosse recruiting advisor to assist in the management of the players recruiting plan. Recruiting advisement includes ongoing communication and connectivity with Rock teams, rosters, player profiles and film.
- NCAA Coaches Booklets – Rock Lacrosse will begin utilizing National Team Recruiting Booklets, specific to each team and distributed to all NCAA DI, DII, DIII coaches throughout the season. Each player will have a profile page, with all relevant information, and film.
- Tournament and Team Camp Film – Rock will provide film to all players from all of events, including team camp film.
- Webinar Instruction – series of annual webinars, designed to mimic classroom level work, directed by members of the Rock Lacrosse national team staff and our robust network of Rock alums, playing on Team USA and in the PLL.
“As demographics in the Baltimore Washington metropolitan area have evolved, and our team camp approach has taken hold, simplifying travel logistics, we see an opportunity to draw from a larger area” notes Kevin Mayer – Executive Director & Co-Founder, Rock Lacrosse, “something that has been trending over the past few years, as we have rostered players from all over the country”, continues Coach Mayer, “our training approach is intense, focused on key elements of fall and summer lacrosse development, and as such, casting a wider net provides us an opportunity to find a greater quantities of players that are good fits for our approach. The more players we can find that want to train hard and use club lacrosse as a key facet to their development and recruiting, the more value we can deliver to our players and the more we can send “play-ready” to NCAA programs. Our primary objective since our founding is to develop players to become not only recruitable NCAA student-athletes but players that produce when they get to their NCAA homes. The new National Team platforms will open up opportunities for more players to benefit from our program”, finishes Mayer.
To learn more about the Rock Lacrosse National Team platform, our schedule, package, staff, eligibility, visit the National Team website, RockLacrosse-Nationals.net or inquire directly with Rock Lacrosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rock will continue to field Rock 2023, 2024, and 2025 ELITE team for the fall and summer season. To learn more about our ELITE teams, visit the Rock Lacrosse website, RockLacrosse.net
About Rock Lacrosse
Beginning our 18th year in operation, headquartered just outside of Baltimore in Brooklandville, Maryland, with fields at St. Paul’s School, Rock Lacrosse offers an advanced club lacrosse platform focused on key fall and summer developmental pillars. Using a staff of current and former high school varsity and NCAA coaches, Rock’s developmental approach includes input from the best lacrosse instructors in the Mid-Atlantic Region, with a curriculum aligned to develop elite High School players, recruitable NCAA student-athletes, and players that are ready to contribute early at an early stage in their careers at an NCAA program.
Contact: Kevin Mayer, Rock Lacrosse
Phone: (443) 813-1084