@BackOfTheCAGE
UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS PROMOTE KEVIN GOULD TO ASSOCIATE HEAD COACH

Ed Stephenson, the Men' Lacrosse Head Coach at UMass Lowell announced on Friday that the program has elevated Kevin Gould from Assistant Coach/Offensive Cooridinaor to Associate Head Coach.

Gould has spent the last two seasons with the River Hawks as an Assistant Coach and Offensive Coordinator. He had previous stints at Dartmouth and at Bryant, prior to joining the UMass Lowell staff in October of 2015.

"Kevin is one of the best young coaches in our sport," said Stephenson. "I have been impressed with his ability to identify talented prospects, and develop our current student-athletes both on and off the field. Kevin is fully invested in the welfare and success of our young men."

"I would like to thank Coach Stephenson, Alan Zebrak, and Dana Skinner," stated Gould. "It has been great watching our student-athletes grow on and off the field over the past three seasons. The future is bright for the UMass Lowell lacrosse program and I am excited to be a part of it."

A 2010 graduate from Bentley University, Gould had an illustrious four-year career with the Falcons. A two-time captain and four-time All-New England selection, Gould ranks fifth in program history in assists and eighth in career points. Gould was named the New England and Northeast-10 Rookie of the Year as a freshman and a 2010 All-American as a senior.

After graduating with a degree in business management, Gould was selected 39th overall by the Boston Cannons in the 2010 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft. He played for three seasons in attack and was a part of the 2011 Major League Lacrosse Championship team.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum