@BackOfTheCAGE
US Lacrosse announced Wednesday that three-time Tewaraaton Award winner Taylor Cummings has joined the lineup of presenters at the 2017 US Lacrosse Convention (LaxCon).

Cummings, the only person — male or female — to win college lacrosse's most prestigious individual award three times, earned Oct. 8-9 a spot on the 25-member U.S. women's national team as it prepares for the 2017 Federation of International Lacrosse World Cup. She was a four-time first-team All-American as a midfielder at Maryland.

A 2016 graduate with a degree in finance, Cummings recently has founded her own lacrosse instructional company and signed a sponsorship agreement with Under Armour. LaxCon speaker schedules will be finalized in the coming weeks, but Cummings will meet fans at the Under Armour booth immediately following her presentation.

"I'm extremely excited to have the opportunity to be a presenter alongside Under Armour this year at the US Lacrosse Convention," Cummings said. "I look forward to not only sharing my experiences and techniques, but to having the opportunity to learn from different people and ultimately continue to grow the game of lacrosse."

LaxCon represents lacrosse's largest educational event and is set for Jan. 20-22, 2017, at the Baltimore Convention Center. The event is open to the public, and members of US Lacrosse can save up to $60 on registration. Special hotel rates are available for all attendees.

Cummings, a native of Ellicott City, Md., led Maryland to the NCAA championship game in each of her four seasons. The Terrapins won two titles; in each Cummings was named Most Valuable Player of the NCAA championship. The Intercollegiate Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association three times named her its National Midfielder of the Year. She set records at Maryland for career draw controls (509), draw controls in a season (114 in 2016) and caused turnovers in a season (52 in 2016).

Cummings will attempt to earn a spot on the final 18-player U.S. roster at the Team USA Spring Premiere Jan. 13-14, 2017, in Bradenton, Fla. The FIL World Cup is July 12-22, 2017, in Guildford, England.

© US Lacrosse Community Forum