@BackOfTheCAGE
Posted By: Anonymous Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 -
Sons organization should be thoroughly embarrassed. Age has nothing to do with anything in a Grade Based Event - period - end of story. 2021 Teams cannot have 7th grade players - not even 1. I hope this is a lesson for any Teams billing themselves as 2021 - that have a 7th grader who may meet some age definition.....It does not matter - and Parents should know this. If a Tournament has a Grade Based Division - and it is example 2021 - then 100% of the Roster must be in 6th Grade or below. This is Black and White issue - it is flat out Cheating.

Here is the email about the Sons from the League Director who just stoop up and did right thing. Tournament Directors will not allow this either - in Grade Based Events:

Dear Coaches and Club Directors,

The Advisory Board of the Mid-Atlantic Spring League recently determined that the Rising Sons 6th grade team had been playing this entire spring with two 7th graders on their roster. The rules of Mid-Atlantic Spring League strictly prohibit players from competing in divisions below their grade level The rule on this point was made clear to all clubs multiple times prior to the beginning of league play this Spring. First, the rule was set forth in the initial email welcoming teams into the league. Second, League Directors reviewed the rule on a conference call with all coaches, refs, and club directors participating in the Spring League. And, finally, the rule was reiterated in an email from the League Director in the week before the league initiated on March 15th.

Accordingly, we have determined that the conduct of the Rising Sons 6th grade team constitutes a flagrant violation of clearly communicated league rules. When directly asked about the situation, the Rising Sons club director confirmed the violation.

In response the league will take the following measures:

1. The Mid-Atlantic Spring League does not crown champions, and is more about player development than winning, but as a matter of principle the Rising Sons 6th grade team will forfeit all wins in the league in which ineligible players participated. Those games will be scored as 1-0 defeats per Federation rules.

2. The two 7th graders in question will not be allowed to play in the 6th grade division for the remainder of the league

3. The Rising Sons 2021 coach is barred from coaching in the league for the remainder of the season.

The Mid-Atlantic Spring League was founded to give like-minded programs that focus on year-round player development an opportunity to play fair and competitive games against each other. This principle fails if clubs are not willing to follow the agreed-upon rules. The league will adopt a zero-tolerance policy towards intentional violations of the age rules going forward, and reserves the right to permanently ban any future violators.

Let's play the remainder of the season honoring the game, your opponent and the officials.

Sincerely,

Jeff Baxter
League Director

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015 -
If that's the standard then the Crabs 2021 team should forfeit any/all wins as too!!
The Crabs team has only 2021 grad year kids on it despite what the Rising Sons Director keeps telling everyone.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If that's the standard then the Crabs 2021 team should forfeit any/all wins as too!!

If the Crabs have 2020 players on a 2021 team, shouldn't that be easy to prove.
It is very sad what has happened to club lacrosse in the Philadelphia area. There are a large number of clubs, which is fine, and there a small few who are high level and can play against top level teams. They all enjoyed a healthy level of competition with many of the kids knowing each other and the coaches all being friendly and in some cases actually very good friends. In that environment there was a philosophy of cooperation across clubs to help kids succeed, it was being done the right way.
That all changes when Rising Sons started 2 to 3 years ago. They decided that instead of taking the approach of growing organically they would recruit. They would recruit from teams WHILE playing in tournaments. Their concentration initially was non-lacrosse playing fathers who had sons who were good players and they went after them. Promising everything from exposure to "scholarships" to Malvern Prep their director pillaged multiple programs and leveraged John McEvoy's name, coach at Malvern Prep. He even told multiple parents that there are scholarships to be had in the Inter Ac league. Basically they have now burned every bridge in the southeastern PA area and will not be invited back next year to the NXT Conshohocken league they were caught cheating in recently. They claim that "every club allows kids who MAY stay back to move to that year now" and also that he "has done more for youth lacrosse than anyone else". Both are lies. This man is building a cult and has decided to take shots at major programs, saying HHH is "for guys who want to play division 3" and Dukes is "over". It's appalling that this man is being allowed to coach and work with kids. Parents need to understand that lacrosse is like a big fraternity, it is crucial that all the boys have options and when you play for a program that has made so many enemies you are limiting their options.
What is even more disgusting is the two high prestige coaches who have been sucked in. Kevin Donnelly, coach at Spring-Ford, is a coach and was involved in the cheating scandal as was John McEvoy, the coach at Malvern Prep. Both will say they did not know but EVERYONE knew and the feeling of everyone is that any adult who allowed this to happen is guilty.
If you also look at the sideline behavior of their director Tad Doyle, who never played lacrosse, and Head coach Kris Gucwa, who played one fall semester at UMBC you would be disgusted. Nothing will change until a parent decides that winning does not need to be done at all costs. These parents are blinded by chasing Igloo on Long Island when they should be concentrating on their kids being coached by responsible adults. Coach McEvoy and Coach Donnelly will have their great reputations ruined, it has already started.
What BS whoever wrote this. Such a classes person to write such lies. Go away, stop with the jealousy and envy. When you put facts with a bunch of lies people throw the whole thing out. You sound like a kid, probably are.
It is very sad what has happened to club lacrosse in the Philadelphia area. There are a large number of clubs, which is fine, and there a small few who are high level and can play against top level teams. They all enjoyed a healthy level of competition with many of the kids knowing each other and the coaches all being friendly and in some cases actually very good friends. In that environment there was a philosophy of cooperation across clubs to help kids succeed, it was being done the right way.
That all changes when Rising Sons started 2 to 3 years ago. They decided that instead of taking the approach of growing organically they would recruit. They would recruit from teams WHILE playing in tournaments. Their concentration initially was non-lacrosse playing fathers who had sons who were good players and they went after them. Promising everything from exposure to "scholarships" to Malvern Prep their director pillaged multiple programs and leveraged John McEvoy's name, coach at Malvern Prep. He even told multiple parents that there are scholarships to be had in the Inter Ac league. Basically they have now burned every bridge in the southeastern PA area and will not be invited back next year to the NXT Conshohocken league they were caught cheating in recently. They claim that "every club allows kids who MAY stay back to move to that year now" and also that he "has done more for youth lacrosse than anyone else". Both are lies. This man is building a cult and has decided to take shots at major programs, saying HHH is "for guys who want to play division 3" and Dukes is "over". It's appalling that this man is being allowed to coach and work with kids. Parents need to understand that lacrosse is like a big fraternity, it is crucial that all the boys have options and when you play for a program that has made so many enemies you are limiting their options.
What is even more disgusting is the two high prestige coaches who have been sucked in. Kevin Donnelly, coach at Spring-Ford, is a coach and was involved in the cheating scandal as was John McEvoy, the coach at Malvern Prep. Both will say they did not know but EVERYONE knew and the feeling of everyone is that any adult who allowed this to happen is guilty.
If you also look at the sideline behavior of their director Tad Doyle, who never played lacrosse, and Head coach Kris Gucwa, who played one fall semester at UMBC you would be disgusted. Nothing will change until a parent decides that winning does not need to be done at all costs. These parents are blinded by chasing Igloo on Long Island when they should be concentrating on their kids being coached by responsible adults. Coach McEvoy and Coach Donnelly will have their great reputations ruined, it has already started.
Sounds like an angry Uprising Coach, i'm sure the director never said any of this. So far in the extreme. Guy does a great job with the kids and the parents love him. And I think I overheard him say he played 3 box games before. Hey whats that guy at Tufts Universities name? How many titles does he have? How many innings of lacrosse did he play?
Sounds like Goon Lacrosse is on botc
No that's KS380
Sounds like Philadelphia should teach geography, I didn't realize they had moved the Maryland/Pennsylvania line.
The commentary on the Sons organization is spot on. Vast majority of people knew they were cheating and now it's confirmed. Trying to defend the director as a great guy, whom the parents love, just demonstrates how complicit coaches and parents were in the whole sharade. I guess teaching kids values like honesty, integrity, fair play, losing with grace, etc., is not really part of the Sons' mission statement. Poor kids, not a role model in sight!
What BS whoever wrote this. Such a classes person to write such lies. Go away, stop with the jealousy and envy. When you put facts with a bunch of lies people throw the whole thing out. You sound like a kid, probably are.

Truth is hard to swallow. Most always suspected that Rising Sons were cheaters. Now we know. It is all about winning to this club and doing whatever it takes to get that win. If I were a director of a rival club, I would pass on there invite for a play date.
Well aware that the first responder who called me "classes", I am thinking he meant classless, is the Rising Sons director Tad Doyle. Tad, I have watched you for years and I am not an Uprising, or any other, parent, I am a 20+ year lacrosse official so I have no bias except in favor of the kids. To put in bluntly we have known about you for years and your name as well as some of your parents, and other teams' parents, have been brought up in meetings and conference calls. The rumor of you playing with older kids has been drifting around for two years and now has been proven. I understand you truly believe that all programs do this however after speaking with Bethesda, Igloo, Team 91, 3D, Laxachusetts, Icon, Crabs, Annapolis Hawks, as well as the other Philadelphia teams it is simply not accurate. You stated that you have done more for Philadelphia youth lacrosse than anyone however in all of my years of playing, coaching, and officiating I have never met a more disliked team. And before you explain that everyone is mad because you are good let's remember that HHH/Dukes has been the cream of the crop for years and no one says near the volume of negative things about Billy McKinney, Eric Greg, Ebe Helm or any of those guys as they say about you and now your program. It is a shame that you are now damaging other coaches otherwise spotless reputations. There is a right way to do things and it is not the way you are doing it. You need to take a step away and understand that sometimes you are too close to a situation to truly see the damage you are doing.
Drops the mic
There have been a lot of posts going on here, with a lot of names being thrown around. By no means am I condoning the allowance of 7th graders in a 6th grade 2021 format league or tournament, but I think enough has been slandered on this site the the COWARDS on both sides put your name to your posts. If you are going to sling mud..... then have the guts to put your name to it!!!!! And for the one individual to announce themselves as a 20+ year lacrosse official, all your post does lends credence to the idea that all Refs have their own Bias and Agenda when it comes to officiating. Why would you make it your personal mission to try to be the Demise of Rising Sons Lacrosse. If they have burned as many bridges as you say, then let them be accountable for their past actions. I have to say if my son played for the Rising Sons, I would be concerned for their safety during play, since our team/players/parents have come up in meetings. You say it is for the greater good of the kids???? Do you really mean that or are you just trying to convince yourself that you are truly concerned? MAN UP PEOPLE!!!! Stop hiding behind your posts.
Man up people, and stop hiding behind your posts? You are posting anonymously!! I assume you are not familiar with the word irony? Truly priceless entertainment.
Man up people, and stop hiding behind your posts? You are posting anonymously!! I assume you are not familiar with the word irony? Truly priceless entertainment.

Ok big shot, why don't you Man-up. Your part of the entertainment. If anyone should man up it's Tad Doyle. Let's here what he has to say.
He has responded on here multiple times, each one more ridiculous than the last.
Coaches McEvoy and Donnelly have lost a lot of people's respect.
Good to hear about some of the chaos outside of the DMV for a change. The Madlax and VLC members must be relieved!
The envy is unreal. Teach your sons how to play lacrosse and there will be no issues! Of this was a loosing team no one would care.
Sounds like Philadelphia should teach geography, I didn't realize they had moved the Maryland/Pennsylvania line.

Thats Funny!
Good to hear about some of the chaos outside of the DMV for a change. The Madlax and VLC members must be relieved!
Well you are kinda of correct. There is issues between the Madlax Blue team and the top VLC team. The Madlax orange team thought VLC folded up there club.
I really don't get the animosity of VLC/madlax at the youth level...2 completely different models
How are they not the same. VLC acts like they are to good to have more then one team at each age level and then that team plays in the A not AA div. in tournaments and NPYLL
How are they not the same. VLC acts like they are to good to have more then one team at each age level and then that team plays in the A not AA div. in tournaments and NPYLL

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they think they are too good, I think it is the opposite.

If they carried two teams, one would have to be in the AA division, and they don't have enough talent for that
The obsession Madlax dads have over VLC is amazing. Maybe it's because VLC and Blackwolf are much more successful at getting their kids recruited by colleges?

Why not just focus on your own son? Weird.
Well by my count I see four 2018 Madlax kids on a commit list and I see one VLC 2018 on a commit list. I will guess that the Madlax 2019 team will end up with a ton more then VLC 2019. I agree VLC older teams kept up with Madlax in this race but I see them falling behind as the years move on.
Kept up? You might want to ask the Madlax parents with HS kids about that. Both Blackwolf and VLC have nearly 2x as many college commits as Madlax.

Madlax 2015 was always terrible. Madlax 2016 was average and has now fallen apart. 2017 is ok, but behind both BW and VLC.

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they think they are too good, I think it is the opposite.

If they carried two teams, one would have to be in the AA division, and they don't have enough talent for that

They are a joke, 2019 AA playing in A during Spring, winning every game by double digits. How about challenging your players, kids would benefit more from losing every game by a goal or two than winning every game by ten.
Kept up? You might want to ask the Madlax parents with HS kids about that. Both Blackwolf and VLC have nearly 2x as many college commits as Madlax.

Madlax 2015 was always terrible. Madlax 2016 was average and has now fallen apart. 2017 is ok, but behind both BW and VLC.

The best part is you guys think VLC,BW or Madlax get your kids the spot on a college team. Your kid and his body type are what get him a D1 spot. All three do a great job of getting these kids in front of the correct people. These kids play 70 or more games a year from U11 on. All three programs are Cars you and our kid are the driver of that car. You guys give all three to much credit. These recruiters find kids off crappy programs all the time. You need any of the three to be the car but you as a parent need to drive and your kid will get a spot if he deserves it.
Any decent LOng Island Team match-ups this weekend?
Only bizarro Madlax dads would take a 2021 thread and use it to make disparaging comments about other clubs. Just support your kid and stop acting like children.

Express beat Legacy and 91.

Express beat Legacy and 91.
WHich Express , Legacy and 91 club ?
Bethesda 2021 Team has (16) 6th Graders and (3) 5th Graders. If Teams other than Sons 2021 have 7th graders - lets hope they get caught too.
Could not agree more to this post, Bethesda is a team we have played multiple times (we're from PA). Played them close once and got blown out twice BUT each time walked off the field respecting their players and coaches, all good guys and kids. Completely unlike the poor culture created at Rising Sons.
Do you really think the LI teams are going to be held to that standard? I am sure if you looked very hard, there are many 2021 teams on LI that have 7th graders. The kids know each other and it's not that hard to figure it out. (Report Card) The real question is do people really care enough to call them out or how do we think the lax community would respond if it were proven true? Also, there are age based and grade based tournaments so a team may not be in violation if the kids fall within the dates.

I guess it is either not that important around here or teams have been in compliance and no need to beat a dead horse.
Could not agree more to this post, Bethesda is a team we have played multiple times (we're from PA). Played them close once and got blown out twice BUT each time walked off the field respecting their players and coaches, all good guys and kids. Completely unlike the poor culture created at Rising Sons.
And the Sons blew you out too, bad. The only people who care are the dads from these various clubs. The kids don't care, their all friends. This team will continue on its course.
And the Sons blew you out too, bad. The only people who care are the dads from these various clubs. The kids don't care, their all friends. This team will continue on its course.

and what will that course be?

The funny thing is.....The "Sons" as you call them, have been exposed for what they are, (obviously playing with older kids). With that said, if you look back, they still have not even beat a top tier Long Island team with the older kids. It shows the dominance of the LI teams. Its proven in the results. The "Sons" organization will be on a downslide from here on.

and what will that course be?

Obviously the cheating course! Adding older kids that have reclassed is one thing- adding older kids that say they will reclass- that is just cheating. Completely exposed and everyone is happy for that. Play with honor!
parents of 7th graders or "potential 7th graders" that play their kid down in 6th grade divisions are a joke. If your kid is that good then maybe you should try to play him in the 8th grade division!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!
It is UGLY down here in Philadelphia! Rising Sons got caught cheating and now are telling their kids not to wear their helmets to tryouts for recreation league all star teams. Last weekend a bunch of their boys tried out for the local all star team and they all wore different helmets or removed the stickers. If I were a parent that would be a red flag for me if my child was told not to wear a helmet because people didn't like the team and it could hurt them in a tryout.
All we have done at the Sons is what all of the Maryland and Long Island teams have always done. Bethesda Icon Igloo 91 Crabs all have kids who may reclassify and they play them down now.
This is complete nonsense and its obviously posted by someone trying to stir the pot. Rising Sons kids didn't tryout for the all-star team because 13 of their kids were selected to tryout for the Great State Shootout which is the same day as the Chester Country Tryout.
It is UGLY down here in Philadelphia! Rising Sons got caught cheating and now are telling their kids not to wear their helmets to tryouts for recreation league all star teams. Last weekend a bunch of their boys tried out for the local all star team and they all wore different helmets or removed the stickers. If I were a parent that would be a red flag for me if my child was told not to wear a helmet because people didn't like the team and it could hurt them in a tryout.
My gosh you guys down there really fear those Sons. We will see how they make out on May 16th vs Igloo and Express. Give it a rest already, we get it, they had 2 young 7th graders playing down, ok its done move on. I doubt their on the team anymore.
A friend of mine told me Philly Freedom how a 7th grader playing down on the 6th grade team and his dad was the coach. He said Freedom is on the board of the league as well and nothing was done about it. Big Rug and Big Broom. I checked the scores and the Sons beat both undefeated teams 11-1 and 12-3 without the "holdbacks"
My gosh you guys down there really fear those Sons. We will see how they make out on May 16th vs Igloo and Express. Give it a rest already, we get it, they had 2 young 7th graders playing down, ok its done move on. I doubt their on the team anymore.
I wonder why 91 orange wasn't invited. I know they had a conflict with the Son's tournament in April. Another conflict? Lol
They were invited...to both.
I remember hearing that they were going to beat everyone this year. Any ideas why they are not playing?
I wonder why 91 orange wasn't invited. I know they had a conflict with the Son's tournament in April. Another conflict? Lol
I remember hearing that they were going to beat everyone this year. Any ideas why they are not playing?

More than likely no interest in playing cheaters. All clubs should boycott Rising Sons. Sons will be be to re-stacking their rosters with hold backs. Just wait.
LOSER Jealous PA Dad, grow the f up. Get over it, move on, find another reason to dislike the Sons. Their a great club with great kids, parents and coaches. Maybe the Sons should just boycott playing you local yocals. I've never heard so much crying from grown men. Honestly, you are disgusting. Part of the problem. Punish the kids, punish the kids. D Bag.
91 was invited more than once, they just keep dodging...
WHen your a champion everybody wants to fight you . You think 91 plans on not playing in any major Tourneys this year ? THIER SCHEDULE IS POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE. If you want to play them you know where to find them. Sorry if the Igloos and 91s of the lax world cant be bothered to give you the time of day. EVen Danialson knew to go to the big tournemant
10000000% incorrect. The Rising Fathers, I mean Rising Sons sorry, had 6 boys at the U13 CCLA tryouts. Won't name names unless you'd like initials but the email has now made the rounds, "probably best not to wear your RS gear at the tryouts....." Ouch, The Sons are now alienating the local leagues. Still unsure why as a parent you'd want your kid on a team where you can't be proud to wear the gear?
Nice try Tad Doyle! Can't wait for that big broom to sweep you off the map. By the way, Malvern is not happy about all this.
Agreed it's easy to claim to be the best.
91 was invited more than once, they just keep dodging...
I don't speak for Malvern and I don't speak for the Sons but last time a checked, Rising Sons practices at Malvern and have a few coaches from Malvern. But i believe the roughriders practice there and Fusion. Rising Sons is not a Malvern Program. Seems like a local club guy trying to take cheap shots at the Rising Sons. I'm sure they will be fine. All the top clubs on this site get bashed buy you heartless men. Crabs gets bashed, madlax bashed, 91 bashed, express bashed, etc.
Any shots been taken at the Rising Sons organization is a direct result of them cheating. They should be taken to task for their behavior, particularly in light of how vocal they were in preaching their philosophy of youth lacrosse (even quoting "The Big Book"). They lied, they cheated and they were caught. Kids should not be learning that this is acceptable, that this is the way to accomplish their goals. Parents should expect and demand more. Just another blight on youth sports.
All we have done at the Sons is what all of the Maryland and Long Island teams have always done. Bethesda Icon Igloo 91 Crabs all have kids who may reclassify and they play them down now.

Keep believing that and find out where that gets you. You want your kid to play with the younger, less mature kids, leave them back in June. Otherwise play grade appropriate or... Get this- play up and challenge your kid if they are good.

All this reclassing is ridiculous- makes the kids soft and pampered. Then to not reclass but to play kids down- makes them soft, pampered and cheaters. Great way families are raising our future leaders. Big problems down the road...
To the long island community. Reclassification is here! We can choose to get made it it if you'd like but its like wasting your time and more importantly your effort. I don't support it, but this happens and will continue to happen even if you hate it. So the only thing to do as a sport is to ensure a safe and fair environment for kids to play. This is my suggestion to entire lacrosse community. The grade thing doesn't work, as there are plenty of kids who are a full year older then their counter parts. The age thing is the only way to make it work at the younger levels. This is the only way to ensure kids are playing on the same mental and physical level. Now this is all well and good, but as you may all know college coaches don't care how old a player is, they care what grade their in. So my suggestion is that everyone plays by age until they reach 9th grade. 9th grade and up is where players should play on grade despite their age. By that time most kids have gone through adult changes and the playing field evens out a bit. So no use for bashing clubs or coaches, because they are just doing what the community and the parents want for their kids. No way a coach or a club puts a kid onto a younger grade voluntarily, if they do then that is one thing, but most will put the child where the parents see fit. So if your going to yell at anyone yell at the parents because ultimately its their choice.
The sad truth is we will never see Crabs, Bethesda, Igloo, 91, Express, Icon, and the Sons at the same tournament for 2021.

Get with the program coaches!!!! You need to make this happen so we can go back to talking about developing the kids and not who is dodging who.

PATHETIC!!

To the long island community. Reclassification is here! We can choose to get made it it if you'd like but its like wasting your time and more importantly your effort. I don't support it, but this happens and will continue to happen even if you hate it. So the only thing to do as a sport is to ensure a safe and fair environment for kids to play. This is my suggestion to entire lacrosse community. The grade thing doesn't work, as there are plenty of kids who are a full year older then their counter parts. The age thing is the only way to make it work at the younger levels. This is the only way to ensure kids are playing on the same mental and physical level. Now this is all well and good, but as you may all know college coaches don't care how old a player is, they care what grade their in. So my suggestion is that everyone plays by age until they reach 9th grade. 9th grade and up is where players should play on grade despite their age. By that time most kids have gone through adult changes and the playing field evens out a bit. So no use for bashing clubs or coaches, because they are just doing what the community and the parents want for their kids. No way a coach or a club puts a kid onto a younger grade voluntarily, if they do then that is one thing, but most will put the child where the parents see fit. So if your going to yell at anyone yell at the parents because ultimately its their choice.

Well said and as a parent that has never let his kid play down, I would love to see it. Realistically it will never happen.
The sad truth is we will never see Crabs, Bethesda, Igloo, 91, Express, Icon, and the Sons at the same tournament for 2021.

Get with the program coaches!!!! You need to make this happen so we can go back to talking about developing the kids and not who is dodging who.

PATHETIC!!

Many of them will be at Young Gunz over the 4th of july weekend

PATHETIC!!

I believe all if not 6 out 7 will be at Crabbiest

PATHETIC!!

The "sad truth"? Easy, guy, it's 6th grade lacrosse.

The sad thing is the majority of this thread is made up of posts by the one and only King Rising Father

Well said and as a parent that has never let his kid play down, I would love to see it. Realistically it will never happen.

This is way it should be..Youth to play age.... school to play grade.... 9th and above has always been grade ... To easy..

But how would all the holbacks get a advantage then. How would Crabs survive?? Where is USL?? So not going to happen.
Saturday Igloo(Black Ice and Avalanche)Express and Rising Sons are playing on Long Island. Should be great
That is so funny KING RISING FATHER! the best is when he responds to himself on here acting like a different person

This is way it should be..Youth to play age.... school to play grade.... 9th and above has always been grade ... To easy..

But how would all the holbacks get a advantage then. How would Crabs survive?? Where is USL?? So not going to happen.

Lets think this through. If everyone follows US lacrosse age guidelines prior to high school then all 2018's will play by grade and 2019's will play u15.

Given that most 2018's are age eligible for u15 that doesn't solve the holdback issue. Almost all 2019 holdbacks are eligible for u15. What it does do is force all of the seventh grade summer birthdays to play u15 with 8th grade holdbacks. So we have gone from some older 8th graders playing with other 8th graders to those older 8th graders also playing with 7th grade summer birthdays. That system doesn't seem fairer or safer to me.

What makes the most sense is to stay grade based with a limitation that recognizes that many parents start their boys late in school or hold them back for legitimate reasons. Many boys with late spring or summer birthdays start late where I live. The Warrior World Series limitation of 5/1 is only four months different than US lacrosse and picks up the vast majority of the late starters. Given the Crabs are going to that event it seems like a limitation even they can live with.

The reason that the grade based system is popular is that the boys enjoy playing with their classmates. Throwing the system out because a few kids on a few teams game the system doesn't make sense. Putting a limit on how much they can game it limits the age differentials and also limits the collateral damage an age system inflicts.
This is the "King" himself. And I haven't posted one thing on this thread despite what you may think. I've sat back and watched guys like you attack me as I sit here at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia for the last 96 days as my two year old daughter has fought for her life. I feel really sorry for guys like you. That you have nothing better to do than take shots at me as me and my family go through the most trying time of our lives. Honestly i'm not mad at you I just really feel sorry for you. You should be embarrassed.
This is the "King" himself. And I haven't posted one thing on this thread despite what you may think. I've sat back and watched guys like you attack me as I sit here at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia for the last 96 days as my two year old daughter has fought for her life. I feel really sorry for guys like you. That you have nothing better to do than take shots at me as me and my family go through the most trying time of our lives. Honestly i'm not mad at you I just really feel sorry for you. You should be embarrassed.

Idk who this KING is, and I read this garbage when I'm bored just to see which travel team is being bashed by parents who must think they're playing themselves, but I feel the need to respond bc being a mother and just finished bandaging my sons hand bc he burnt it, I just wanna reach out and send some prayers to you and your family. Whatever you may be going through I hope it passes soon and with good health as the end result.

My prayers for a full recovery.
From a parent of 2 boys

Lets think this through. If everyone follows US lacrosse age guidelines prior to high school then all 2018's will play by grade and 2019's will play u15.

Given that most 2018's are age eligible for u15 that doesn't solve the holdback issue. Almost all 2019 holdbacks are eligible for u15. What it does do is force all of the seventh grade summer birthdays to play u15 with 8th grade holdbacks. So we have gone from some older 8th graders playing with other 8th graders to those older 8th graders also playing with 7th grade summer birthdays. That system doesn't seem fairer or safer to me.

What makes the most sense is to stay grade based with a limitation that recognizes that many parents start their boys late in school or hold them back for legitimate reasons. Many boys with late spring or summer birthdays start late where I live. The Warrior World Series limitation of 5/1 is only four months different than US lacrosse and picks up the vast majority of the late starters. Given the Crabs are going to that event it seems like a limitation even they can live with.

The reason that the grade based system is popular is that the boys enjoy playing with their classmates. Throwing the system out because a few kids on a few teams game the system doesn't make sense. Putting a limit on how much they can game it limits the age differentials and also limits the collateral damage an age system inflicts.

Not sure where you are from or what you know about holdbacks in Baltimore area. As more and more parents at Private schools see that their child is at a disadvantage the birthdays will get farther and farther from summer. If you dont think this is happening now you are sadly mistaken. I am very familiar with MIAA schools and the children that attend. Many arent summer birthdays. What to do with them ??
Why do only these select kids get to play down. Why not let anyone play down who wants to??? Maybe they will redo 8th grade if they are good. When did youth sports become giving select kids a advantage????
Age for youth is what it should be. A very easy clear system . When you get to your school teams and HS teams you get the advantage of being older. It is utter BS that they want to play with their classmates. Most club teams have less than a few kids that are in same class. Plus that is what school teams are for.
These are fair points, however the reason why at some point you have to go by grade is COLLEGE COACHES Don't care about the age of the students at all. They care when they are graduating. So unfortunately it will always be this way regardless of what US lacrosse or any other national governing body does. So the suggestion is that age based should not be broken up into 2 years like u9 then u11. It should be u9,u10,u11,u12,u13,u14; after u14 then players who don't meet the u14 rules will have to play on 9th grade teams for that year, and then will be allowed to repeat the 9th grade year if they so choose. Again this is not because I agree with the reclassification of kids, but because there is no way to stop it if you tried. The way you can monitor the trend is by looking how college basketball, football, and other sports who have had growth like this before and see how it was treated. And based on those sports there are plenty of kids who play in college who are much older then their counter parts because of reclassification. So fighting it is a loosing battle. But on the youth side if we go by age in single increments then we can solve the safe and fair issue up until they reach u15/9th grade. Thanks to everyone on this post as I read this stuff all the time and this is truly a discussion; which is what this site should be.
There is one major issue in going with single age increments. There aren't enough players. In the hot beds there are and this would work. However, in the non hot bed areas they need two year increments due to the lack of numbers.
I'm sure AA teams would be fine filling a roster
There is one major issue in going with single age increments. There aren't enough players. In the hot beds there are and this would work. However, in the non hot bed areas they need two year increments due to the lack of numbers.
It takes work in a non-hotbed, smaller city, but you can do single-year teams. You can't have a bunch of competing clubs in the area and you have to be committed to trying to develop B players into A players.

I won't complain about holdbacks, because it's pointless. My 2021 team is all born after 9/1/02 and I don't mind playing the best 2021 teams, but no matter how hard the kids work to improve and catch up to the hotbeds, it's hard make up for the age difference. I know it is only going to get worse. It's not a big deal really, but I wish that in a few years they could be able to play and compete with the best rising 9th graders, without re-classing - which none plan to do. Anyway, definitely a first world problem and 2021's are still at an age where they should just be improving fundamentals and having fun.
Curious to hear chatter about this play day tomorrow with Igloo, Sons and Express #1 up at Igloo Island ....keep us updated
Igloo will smash Sons
Curious to hear chatter about this play day tomorrow with Igloo, Sons and Express #1 up at Igloo Island ....keep us updated

Where is it happening?
I believe on Igloo Island (there fields across from SUNY Old Westbury) just north of Jericho HS on cedar swap rd(rt107)
I believe on Igloo Island (there fields across from SUNY Old Westbury) just north of Jericho HS on cedar swap rd(rt107)

St. Paul the apostle. Results?
Igloo killed everyone
Igloo beat everyone
Great BBQ
Express up 4-1 against Igloo in 1st Q.

Express Mom "these are the world champs! - What does that makes us!" - Classless.

Igloo beats Express 14-4. Look on Express mom's face at the end of the game - "priceless"
7-3 Igloo over Sons
8-6 Sons over Express
8-2 Sons over Igloo Avalanche
Igloo by two over Express
Igloo Organization was first class all the way around. So glad our director has built these strong relationships with great programs. Win or lose it allows our kids to compete at the highest level.
It was a great time by all and to say igloo killed everyone is an insult to the teams that came for a great day.
The sportsmanship was amazing, parents were great and the BBQ was outstanding.
Thank you again for a great day and a new perspective on Lax tourneys
Express up 4-1 against Igloo in 1st Q.

Express Mom "these are the world champs! - What does that makes us!" - Classless.

Igloo beats Express 14-4. Look on Express mom's face at the end of the game - "priceless"

Really seems like she was clueless, you are classless.
Igloo Black Ice vs. Sons (8-3 Igloo)
Igloo vs. Express (14-4 Igloo)
Express vs. Igloo Avalanche (7-4 Express)
Sons Vs. Igloo Avalanche (8-2 Sons)
Sons Vs. Express (8-6 Sons)

My son, who proudly plays for the Sons 2021 team, tried out (and made ) the Chester County All-Star team. He was told to not wear any clothing from his travel team OR his trownship team. From my understanding, all the kids trying out were told the same thing. He wore his RSL helmet proudly. Not to mention, every one evaluating these kids knew exactly who they play for. 3 of the 4 2021's who tried out made the team. Because they are GOOD players who work hard, and deserve to be on that team.
I'm tired of all the Riding Sons bashing on this site. Our boys practice hard, play hard, and are great kids.
We are proud to be part of the Rising Sons family and are grateful to Tad Doyle for starting this organization and giving our son the opportunity to play for the best.
Shouldn't all of this be on a New [lacrosse]-Philly thread somewhere
You earn respect. If Tad Doyle chooses to cheat, then people have every right to bash him for it. You are just another parent who condones cheating because it benefits your son's team. Way to set the example!
My son, who proudly plays for the Sons 2021 team, tried out (and made ) the Chester County All-Star team. He was told to not wear any clothing from his travel team OR his trownship team. From my understanding, all the kids trying out were told the same thing. He wore his RSL helmet proudly. Not to mention, every one evaluating these kids knew exactly who they play for. 3 of the 4 2021's who tried out made the team. Because they are GOOD players who work hard, and deserve to be on that team.
I'm tired of all the Riding Sons bashing on this site. Our boys practice hard, play hard, and are great kids.
We are proud to be part of the Rising Sons family and are grateful to Tad Doyle for starting this organization and giving our son the opportunity to play for the best.

Please address the issue of kids playing DOWN in the Rising Sons Organization. Not sure if that's something to be proud of.
Originally Posted by The Hop

Please address the issue of kids playing DOWN in the Rising Sons Organization. Not sure if that's something to be proud of.

Well said... not something I would be happy to be a part you.
Where was 91?
Why is all this LI crap on the MD board? Take this to the Main Forum Boys 2021 board.

Glad to hear your son practices hard and plays hard. Unfortunately he plays on a team/organization that cheats. Are you OK with that?
Must be a newbie to the site. Don't you know that you can't write a positive comment on this site without our haters attacking you. The truth is the Sons were going 27 mph in a 25 mph. Move on.
Must be a newbie to the site. Don't you know that you can't write a positive comment on this site without our haters attacking you. The truth is the Sons were going 27 mph in a 25 mph. Move on.

27 mph in a 25 mph ? Please. Everyone always suspected them of cheating and they got caught. Aside from the 2021 incident, they always brought down ringers for their 2020 team as well. Winning is the end game for Tad. These tactics are evidence of that. Let's see what he brings to tournaments this upcoming summer.

Everyone does go 27 in a 25 mph zone! However, everyone does not cheat at youth sports! Most importantly what are they teaching the kids at a very impressionable age. What is the sense of accomplishment to win a t-shirt at a tournament by cheating!
Igloo Black Ice vs. Sons (8-3 Igloo)
Igloo vs. Express (14-4 Igloo)
Express vs. Igloo Avalanche (7-4 Express)
Sons Vs. Igloo Avalanche (8-2 Sons)
Sons Vs. Express (8-6 Sons)

NO 91 "HEAT" I guess if you don't play the best you can THINK you are the best!!!

Speeding in a school zone is a little more serious, don't you think?
You'll have to go to Denver to see them because their in the world series. Winning
Um they didn't play down, they were of equal age and actually younger than kids from the other teams. Both kids removed and they beat both undefeated teams by double digits. When is it about the kids and not you jealous parents. When? You can't see past your envy smeared eyes. They didn't stack the deck, they were doing something right by the kids, something lost in translation between nutty parents and coaches. Bunch of goofballs.
Its whatever you want it to be. Seems like only the club can move on and move on they have.
Rising Sons have been tagged lets move on, this has been beaten to death. World Series is a joke at best since most very competitive Clubs won't travel the distance when they can stay in their own backyards for the best competition to come to them.

2021 Championships in MD for MYLA, Howard County Club League, NYPLL; since we are MD Forum. Are there any coming up?

What tournaments will your club be attending in the coming months in Maryland. There are several coming up in the next couple weeks.
Brine Beach Lax in OCMD June 6&7 looks to have some decent competition....

2021 AA Teams:

Koopers LC
Crabs 2012
MD Rough Riders
LI Express 2021
Team 91 20121 Orange
Green Turtle Towson
Annapolis Hawks 2021
Breakers 2021
Bethesda looks like they are in the single A bracket. is that the same Bethesda team that is real good? If so why not AA bracket?
Looks like they are and Looneys 2021.... Breakers 2021 should really play in the A bracket instead, they did not fair too well in the NYPLL this season. Not sure how good the MD Rough Riders are to be in the AA... But there is no way Bethesda should be in the A bracket with this group.
Bethesda has two 2021 teams. The team going to Beach Lax is the one that played in the Howard County league, not the AA team that played in NPYLL.
There are two Bethesda 2021 team - the A team is not playing at Beach Lax
anybody know who igloo avalanche is? do they have two 2021 teams? my first time hearing of them
anybody know who igloo avalanche is? do they have two 2021 teams? my first time hearing of them

I think they are the second team. The first team black ice is far better. I would put them in the step below the Sons Bethesda Team 91 category
ok thanks
Step below Bethesda? The team that DIDNT make the NYPLL P.O.s this season....really
Decent? My money is on the Crabs. Where are the rest of the LI Teams?
This will be a good weekend of lacrosse for this group. It will be good to see some of the former Hawks kids who play for Crabs. It will be some great games against some very good LI teams as well. The weather should be beautiful. Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend
Who else did the Crabs draw from? 2021 Hawks last year were very strong. Did GT lose anyone?

Not sure but we get to see some of my sons buddies and their families at the beach
Originally Posted by Shi Thead
Not sure but we get to see some of my sons buddies and their families at the beach

Cape football families?
This tournament is a toss up from past history depending how the teams have changed and the continuity has come together through the spring season. Crabs and LI Express will be a toss up in Red Division, anyone's day. Don't know much about the Turtle in the Blue Division but really think it is toss up between the Team 91 and Hawks. This might be one of the better competitive tournaments for the 2021 AA Bracket... Too bad there is no Igloo or top Philly teams (are there any at this grade). All games should be low scoring tight matches, ball control will be key right off of the X. Good luck to all..
This tournament is a toss up from past history depending how the teams have changed and the continuity has come together through the spring season. Crabs and LI Express will be a toss up in Red Division, anyone's day. Don't know much about the Turtle in the Blue Division but really think it is toss up between the Team 91 and Hawks. This might be one of the better competitive tournaments for the 2021 AA Bracket... Too bad there is no Igloo or top Philly teams (are there any at this grade). All games should be low scoring tight matches, ball control will be key right off of the X. Good luck to all..

Every game in a 2021 tournament should be high scoring, fast breaking shootouts, not micromanaged by the sidelines. We are killing the game for the kids. 6th graders shouldn't be worried about low scoring ball control matches
Originally Posted by Shi Thead

Cape football families?

Hawks families

Every game in a 2021 tournament should be high scoring, fast breaking shootouts, not micromanaged by the sidelines. We are killing the game for the kids. 6th graders shouldn't be worried about low scoring ball control matches

NYPLL Championship between Crabs and Hawks was 8-7. They went up and down the field. Lots of breaks but good defense by both teams kept the score down. Great game to watch
Add Igloo, BLC, and possible Philly team (do they have a 2021 contender) and you have a National Championship Tourney. Right? Does West Coast Stars or a Texas team have a contender at 2021?

Hawks v 91 should be a dogfight. Same for Crabs v LI Exp.

BTW. Disagree about high score/fast break. Teach the team structure for the future....just my thoughts.
Yeah, Igloo is coming down the next weekend to Summer Exposure. S. Charlotte Cyclones and Palm Beach Revolution are also coming to Summer Exposure, who may be two of the best non-hotbed 2021 teams in the country. Cyclones in Igloo "Black Ice" bracket and PBR is GT's bracket, so should be some fun games for the kids to play.

Still, a 2021AA division sounds a lot better to me than potentially playing U13A teams like the Md and NC Cannons teams. Maybe there is a wider gulf when some kids hit adult size at age 14 or 15, but there is a world of difference between a small 12-year old and a big 13 year old.
I wont mention our club but we have a very very good 2021 team and our 2020's are twice the size of our 2021's. The differences between 6th/7th and 7th/8th are enormous. We've had kids that we thought were physically mature 2021's until this year when you compare them to our 2020's
This is just crazy to me to be talking about hotbed sixth grade areas and instead of teaching our kids how to play the game, we are deciding at age 11-12-13 what there role will be in high school. I just don't think it is healthy for the kid or the game to tell a young kid, you are a fogo or you are a short stick middie. I just don't think we should specialize our young kids, it should still be fun and the fastest game on two feet.
Agreed on above. My current 9th grader was given a long stick as a 4th grader and no coach ever practiced or played him at a different position.

I run my 2021 defensemen through most of my attack drills and they participate both ways in all uneven/transition drills (their choice whether short or long sticks). When we get a big lead, I run my D's through attack or let them stay on offense as LSM's. My goalies both played attack all rec league and one of my starting D's played M all rec season. I also refuse to play the substitution game - it's so dull slowing things down for subs unless kids are dying on their feet. I think I have 6-7 M's that faceoff regularly. Finally, if the other team has a total stud at M, it's nice being able to put a longstick on him that can stay on offense, so he can white him out in the clearing/transition game - not to mention everyone loves it when a defenseman scores.
Who takes beach lax this weekend?
Crabs
Who takes beach lax this weekend?
Some interesting scores coming in this morning from the 2021AA division. Hope kids having fun
Long Island not doing to well.
If you posted u know both LI teams lost, which makes
You happy, u could give a sh?t about kids having fun
You loser
Yep. Both L.I. teams must have lost. Now the premadonas will start the name calling. Oh wait. They already have.....talk about losers
Touchy, touchy. Not from Maryland and don't really care about how LI teams do. Interesting that NPYLL folks like to say HoCo is 2nd class but they started the day with three big wins, including the 2nd place in HoCo team beating the NPYLL champions.

And was serious about kids having fun. They get to go to the beach, boardwalk and do Thrashers and maybe the Zipper and play fantastic well-matched lacrosse. They'd better be having fun. Now if the parents don't, because their egos are tied up in their son's team's W-L record, well, they should have a drink and have fun too.
This is a tournament nobody cares about. Used to be ok. Now a 3rd tier tournament. Seriously, it's a really bad one.
What's going on with 91 Heat ? Thought that team would wrap Maryland up today?
Guess a slow start , to early in season to see how well this dream team pans out. So how many kids stood on sideline to cheer on the team?
Team 91 is here, can't be too insignificant
So.....
How many unhappy parents are there after their first taste of away tournament play where their kid doesn't play??, always the same story from fall to spring things are great amongst all the players getting thier equal playtime , the oh so great great training , just plain ol great everything, boisting on how great the team will be in summer as they sport their travel team apparel , and car magnet lol , only to get screwed during the first tournament when NO PLAYTIME kicks into full effect . The parents start getting irate , and thus welcome to a waste of time ! High hopes down the drain... have a great summer !!

Team 91 is here, can't be too insignificant
Hawks
Crabs
LI Exp
Koop
GT

Other than igloo who could make the tourney "significant"?
how did 2021 91 Orange do?
Disfunctional to say the least!

how did 2021 91 Orange do?
Yep. Both L.I. teams must have lost. Now the premadonas will start the name calling. Oh wait. They already have.....talk about losers

Not from LI but they better come up with a new game plan on how to compete against grade based teams from MD. LI teams were always slightly younger than MD teams due to Dec/Jan school birthday, but now with Maryland's holdbacks on better teams...different ballgame at the younger ages. LI days of dominating at younger ages is over for now.
So, Roughriders (2-4 in HoCo) just beat Crabs (NPYLL champion). Hey, it's just kids in 6th grade and not giving anyone grief, but good game/bad game, kids still asleep at 8am (happened my kid's team before) or missing kids or new kids added from Spring?

I don't know about tournament organization, but some great competition at OC.

Not from LI but they better come up with a new game plan on how to compete against grade based teams from MD. LI teams were always slightly younger than MD teams due to Dec/Jan school birthday, but now with Maryland's holdbacks on better teams...different ballgame at the younger ages. LI days of dominating at younger ages is over for now.
I dont understand why this tourneys cant do grade based with an age limit cut off as well.
how'd 2021 91 Orange do?
91 missed playoffs.

One quick note. To my knowledge ONLY MD club team that promotes hold backs happens to be the Crabs.
Hawks 2021 has ZERO holdbacks . Fact.
Bet not zero kids born after 9/1 cutoff.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

No accusation - just seems like most top 2021 teams have a handful of older kids. Doesn't make them holdbacks of course, as I think the 9/1 cutoff should probably be moved to 8/1 and now [lacrosse]'s tournaments have moved to 6/1. But an average team age a few months older makes a difference.

Wow.. Dicks tournaments changed their date to June 1...The Maryland holdback influence continues
Hawks 2021 has ZERO holdbacks . Fact.

Fact.Last year Hawks promoted grade base teams. Dont know how many holdbacks they had or if they lost them to Crabs this year but they were one of the teams going grade base LAST year.

So if they dont have any holdbacks this year or last..they must be one stupid orginazation to promote grade based teams when the lacrosse age base teams aligns perfectly with school age in MD. Why dont they just call themselves U11,U12,U13 etc..
I thought this was a 2021 discussion? You have a problem with how organizations are handled feel free to let the owners of the programs know. I get it. You're the guy who doesn't like Chix-fil-A policy so you film yourself berating a drive thru worker at the take out window.
This is a tournament nobody cares about. Used to be ok. Now a 3rd tier tournament. Seriously, it's a really bad one.

1st tier club participation. 3rd tier fields and organization. Questionable refs at some games.
Really think if we are going to talk "holdbacks" it should be defined for this age level. I really doubt a parent at this age level was thinking six years ago I am going to have my kid do a Pre-K or 1ST for lacrosse potential in the future. If this is the thinking process they must have had some palm reading based on the direction lacrosse was heading. Hold Backs should really be referred to as kids repeating a 8th grade year prior to their true freshman year or we should be looking 8-12 years down the road when you can see how many kids have actually done a pre-1st grade year based of the direction lax has headed. When was the first 8th grade verbal commit confirmed?
Team 91 Missed Playoffs?? As in, had wrong game time and didn't show or did not make playoffs?
Team 91 lost to the GT in first game and needed the Hawks to beat the GT to get in ship; Hawks tied GT 5-5. All games were tight except for the 91/Breakers game was a blow out.

Win=5Pts Lose=0Pts Tie=2Pts

Red Division Blue Division
Koopers LC Team 91 2021 Orange
Crabs 2021 Greene Turtle Towson
MD Roughriders Annapolis Hawks 2021 Green
LI Express 2021 Breakers 2021

Schedule

DIVISION ROUND TEAM 1 SCORE TEAM 2 SCORE DAY TIME FIELD
2021 AA 1 Koopers LC 7 Crabs 2021 4
2021 AA 1 MD Roughriders 8 LI Express 2021 6
2021 AA 1 Team 91 2021 Orange 8 Greene Turtle 9
2021 AA 1 Hawks 2021 Green 6 Breakers 5
2021 AA 2 Koopers LC 7 MD Roughriders 4
2021 AA 2 Crabs 2021 8 LI Express 2021 2
2021 AA 2 Team 91 2021 Orang 5 Hawks 2021 Green 3
2021 AA 2 Greene Turtle Towson 6 Breakers 2021 3
2021 AA 3 Koopers LC 5 LI Express 2021 6
2021 AA 3 Crabs 2021 5 MD Roughriders 6
2021 AA 3 Team 91 2021 Orange 14 Breakers 2021 1
2021 AA 3 Greene Turtle Towson 5 Hawks 2021 Green 5
2021 AA Finals
Red Division Winner -

Koopers LC

Blue Division Winner -

Greene Turtle Towson

They shouldn't have entered AA I guess
40 - 2021 Teams playing in Summer Exposure this coming weekend. Schedule is out. Should be a great weekend.
Really think if we are going to talk "holdbacks" it should be defined for this age level. I really doubt a parent at this age level was thinking six years ago I am going to have my kid do a Pre-K or 1ST for lacrosse potential in the future. If this is the thinking process they must have had some palm reading based on the direction lacrosse was heading. Hold Backs should really be referred to as kids repeating a 8th grade year prior to their true freshman year or we should be looking 8-12 years down the road when you can see how many kids have actually done a pre-1st grade year based of the direction lax has headed. When was the first 8th grade verbal commit confirmed?

You obviously are not a MIAA school parent. Kids are held back in Pre first overwhelmingly for sports in the MIAA schools. There are of course a few that arent. Most are fully able to go on to FIRST grade.Unless your child is born in Sept-Dec range and you are a sports Dad or Mom..You know the drill..Hold him back or its lights out as he will constantly be competing against older children in the MIAA schools. And before you run your text..I have two children in there and both play multiple sports....Little tidbit clueless..One of my sons entire class had over 50% of the boys heldback...Most played sports...
Here's what I bet will be some good games, particularly for measuring how the non-hotbeds are developing kids and seeing how top 2021 teams handle some U13 "A": teams:

8:35am: GT 2021 vs PBR 2021
11:05am: GT 2021 vs Cannons Select U13 Gold
11:55am: Igloo Black Ice 2021 vs Cyclones 2021
2:25pm: (NC) Cannons U13 vs Koopers 2021

There's little doubt the Cyclones and PBR are the two best 2021 teams South of DC (after Cyclones crushed GA Thunder 2021 yesterday).

Cyclones and two other older teams will be a challenge, but I see Black Ice playing either GT or Cannons Select U13 Gold in the quarters for a great game, either younger vs older or LI's top 2021 team and Md's (at least arguably after yesterday) top 2021 team. Winner likely to have a great game against Hawks 2021 Green in Semi's.

In the U12 division, don't recognize most of the teams, but Looney's 2021 Green should have a fun game to track at 7:55pm vs the Evolve Elite team from Canada

Good luck to all.
did they look bad or something...please explain the disfunction?
Holdbacks for sport purposes is rampant throughout the MIAA and the DC private schools.
Privates yes. Public no.
Holdbacks for sport purposes is rampant throughout the MIAA and the DC private schools.

Of course it is. Most MIAA lacrosse starters who are seniors could be Freshman on any college team. Been like that for years , but now it is at an epidemic stage now...
did they look bad or something...please explain the disfunction?

Classic....As dysfunctional as your spelling! Good Luck....
Great times at Beach Lax - great competiton, the weather was ok and the kids all had fun

Had a great time with parents from the Breakers, GT and Team 91.

Bring on Summer Exposure

If there were no holdbacks on the team, regardless of their ages now, they were all the same age on the first day of school, what more can you do. I have devised a few strategies to avoid the disaster of a kid having to play against a kid that is a whole six months older. Split the year in halves, 8/1 through 1/31 would be 2021-A, 2/1 through 7/31 would be 2021-B. The calendar could also be split into quarters, that way you would only have to play against kids in your three month window. The third option is for parent's to forget about Valentine's Day, and think about National Letter of Intent Conception Day, the second Saturday in November, this will ensure that mid August baby that everyone seems to desire. We have blamed leagues, club coaches, school coaches, club directors, school systems and states for the Aug 1st cutoff and the whole time the problem was as simple as not being able to count to nine and a total blatant,disregard for N.L.I.C. Day.

If there were no holdbacks on the team, regardless of their ages now, they were all the same age on the first day of school, what more can you do. I have devised a few strategies to avoid the disaster of a kid having to play against a kid that is a whole six months older. Split the year in halves, 8/1 through 1/31 would be 2021-A, 2/1 through 7/31 would be 2021-B. The calendar could also be split into quarters, that way you would only have to play against kids in your three month window. The third option is for parent's to forget about Valentine's Day, and think about National Letter of Intent Conception Day, the second Saturday in November, this will ensure that mid August baby that everyone seems to desire. We have blamed leagues, club coaches, school coaches, club directors, school systems and states for the Aug 1st cutoff and the whole time the problem was as simple as not being able to count to nine and a total blatant,disregard for N.L.I.C. Day.

You are a holdback apologist. Nice strawman argument about ages and playing. Pretty easy to have a Sept 1 birthday or something close to school start. Then just enforce it at youth levels.You get your holdback advantage at school. .Not that hard to do or enforce for most normal people except the chosen ones and apologists like you.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum