@BackOfTheCAGE
This thread will be used to cover the news and discussions associated with the Baltimore Breakers lacrosse program.

History

The Breakers were formed in 2003 by the past owners of the Baltimore Bayhawks to provide area youth players with advanced instruction and a fun experience. Since that time, the organization has grown into one the most respected and successful club organizations in the country. Breakers youth teams play in fall, spring, and summer. Usually playing a few fall events, then competing in the National Premiere Youth Lacrosse League during the spring, and wrap-up with several highly competitive summer tournaments. Our High School teams typically play in 2 fall events and then 4 to 5 summer tournaments that emphasize top level competition and exposure to college coaches. The program's coaches all have significant experience coaching at all levels of lacrossse, and the majority played at the Division I/III level as well as professionally. Our goal is to offer our youth players great instruction and an excellent experience in a fun environment. The goals for our high school players are to offer that same experience in addition to assisting in the college recruiting process.
Baltimore Breakers 2014 - King of the Hill Championship

The Breakers 2014 reached the King of the Hill Championship on Tuesday June 25... The 2014s played their typical run and gun style that lead them to wins in a talent rich division. In the semi-finals they were paired with the Connecticut Bulldogs, an incredibly talented team featuring many prominent future Division I players... The Breakers relied on a total team effort that got them out to a quick start and enabled them to close out a 9-5 win against the Bulldogs.

The Breakers fell short against a very good MLC in the championship 8-2 - congrats to MLC. They played an excellent precision oriented game in the finals to capture the Championship.

The 2014's finished the 2013 summer with a 12-4 record, and again developed and enhanced friendships amongst the families, players, and coaches. We hope these last for a lifetime along with all of the great memories that this group has experienced since U13/U15.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Baltimore Breakers Lacrosse -
Breakers 2017 lost a close one in the finals to Crabs...great game, rivalry continues...solid lacrosse all around from Crabs, Breakers, FCA and VLC...going to be a good summer of lacrosse in the Mid Atlantic
Anyone know who is going to coach the Breakers 2017 next year? One coach's staying down, one moving up..hearing conflicting stories?
FCA U-15 defeats Breakers 5-3 in Summer Sizzle Rising 9th Championships...good game, Breakers get a little chippy at the end
Final Rankings for Maryland 2013 Summer U15 Lacrosse:
1) Crabs
2) FCA Blue (big late season wins over Breakers and VLC)
3) VLC
4) Breakers
5) MadLax Capital
6) Club Blue
7) MadLax Rock
8) Greene Turtle
9) Fearless
10)Looneys
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1) Crabs
3) VLC
4) Breakers
5) MadLax Capital
6) Club Blue
7) MadLax Rock
8) Greene Turtle
9) Fearless
10)Looneys

VLC and Madlax are both from Virginia, not Maryland. VLC and Breakers went 1-1 against each other this summer. VLC went 1-1 against Crabs, and Madlax beat Crabs for the NPYLL championship. Crabs, FCA, VLC and Madlax are on a tier above the rest of that list, and the order is debatable.
1) Crabs
3) VLC
4) Breakers
5) MadLax Capital
6) Club Blue
7) MadLax Rock
8) Greene Turtle
9) Fearless
10)Looneys

VLC and Madlax are both from Virginia, not Maryland. VLC and Breakers went 1-1 against each other this summer. VLC went 1-1 against Crabs, and Madlax beat Crabs for the NPYLL championship. Crabs, FCA, VLC and Madlax are on a tier above the rest of that list, and the order is debatable.

I agree, top 4 quite strong...I assume Crabs roster changes, FCA has 7 -10 boys staying back on U15, we'll see who they pick up...Breakers prob loses a couple kids, though late tryouts signal team will stay intact...any truth to Breaker goalie leaving for a spot on Crabs? That will leave a big hole
Tryout Information

Sunday, September 22nd
8:30 - 10:00am : U11AA and U12AA (U13A) Teams
10:00 - 11:30am : U13AA and U15AA Teams
11:30 - 1:00pm : 2016 & 2017 Teams Selected

Mark Millon Joins the Baltimore Breakers

[Linked Image] The Breakers Lacrosse Club is proud to announce that Team USA, MLL, and NLL superstar Mark Millon is joining our coaching staff beginning this season with our fall tryouts. Mark will be the Head Coach of the Breakers U11AA team as well as help lead the Breakers new Pro Series Developmental Program this fall, winter, and spring (information available soon).

As most of the lacrosse world knows, Mark is a former first team DI All America at the University of Massachusetts, a 2 x MLL MVP - Offense, MVP of the World Games, 2 x Member of Team USA, 2 x World Champion, NLL All Pro… and the list goes on...

Also as impressive as Mark’s playing career is his professional career as a coach, expert lacrosse technician/instructor, and CEO of Millon Lacrosse Camps. Mark has successfully operated his instructional camps for 20 years serving well over 20,000 campers. Many of those campers have gone on to great high school and college careers, and some are now even playing professionally. Mark produced 2 instructional DVDs that are still widely popular and available today. Awesome foundation as a coach and instructor!

Mark is an incredible asset and resource to the Breakers and we welcome him as part of the family!!!
The Breakers 2014 has another player commit to play Division I lacrosse at Quinnipiac University; defenseman Connor Keenan. Connor is an honors student at St Paul's and has played with the Breakers since 8th grade. It was at that time when Connor made the switch to Defense where he found is true home as a physical and tenacious defender.

Breakers 2014 Defenseman Ryan Gilliss, Loyola-Blakefield, committed to play lacrosse at Denison University. Ryan has been a member of the Breakers since 8th grade and developed into one of the smoothest Defenseman in the 2014 Class.

Breakers 2014 Goalie, Alex Bradenburg from North Carroll High School, has committed to play college lacrosse for Bridgewater College. Alex has been a member of the Breakers 2014 team since 8th grade where he has excelled in the goal ever since. Alex is an Honor's Student that was an All County selection and member of the Brine All Maryland Public School team.
Great job this fall boys.
I agree. Future is looking bright for the breakers.
I agree. Future is looking bright for the breakers.

My son's team played the Breakers 2017 team last weekend in the Philly Invitational. The goalie on that Breakers team was phenomenal and I predict will go to a top D1 school.
Breakers are good, still can't beat the Crabs! Thet were the only team to practice in the fall and it showed. I want to see them in the Summer.
I would be interested to see how many Crabs, Breakers or any other team in Baltimore got direct invites to Jake Reed? There were 6 Breakers at Philly Freshman (all high caliber)...didn't see any other Baltimore kids in Philly.
A number of the Baltimore and other MD/DC area high flight teams were are the Baltimore Showcase the same day as the Philly event you noted, as were the Dukes from Philly area as well. Also, most MD/DC kids looked away from the Jake Reed Fall item.
I was more interested in the Summer Jake Reed event.
I had heard the Baltimore event was "fun" but no
college coaches. Philly seemed top notch. I am
interested to see if certain coaches work hard to
get their players into these events. Like I said, obviously
Breaker coached got players into Philly. Are other
coaches working to get players into premier
showcase events?
I really don't know that answer. It is great that the Breakers coach is this active. To be candid, you may be shocked to hear that Cabell Maddox is a coach that works very hard to place his kids at select events. And we all know that 3d has an armada of promoters getting their kids looked at around every corner. To be blunt, Crabs and a few other local clubs like VLC do shockingly close to nothing to get kids nominated or appointed. I have heard this from a number of families who were candid to state that they rely on their high school coaches to do this (BL, Gilman, Gonzaga, etc., etc.). I think it is great that the Breakers coach is an advocate for his players, and does not cast this off for the families to rely on their high schools. And after all, not every lacrosse family can afford these prep schools just to further showcase a youth lacrosse player.
To be blunt, Crabs and a few other local clubs like VLC do shockingly close to nothing to get kids nominated or appointed.

That is a complete lie. The Crabs and VLC do a great job getting their players recruited. In the 2015 class, Crabs and VLC have a combined 18 kids committed to college. The Crabs 2016 team has 8 kids committed to college. Hate on them all you want, but you look like fool spreading such lies.
Take a look at the high schools crab commits attend...taking credit when little
or no credit is due. The Coaches from the MIAA
doing they heavy lifting in the recruiting process.
Crabs sponsor some good tourneys, main reason for
those is to make $
couldnt agree more crabs is although a great club the highschool coaches play a major role in recruiting process. Crabs is a total money grab yet grab lots of attention from the MIAA
To be blunt, Crabs and a few other local clubs like VLC do shockingly close to nothing to get kids nominated or appointed.

That is a complete lie. The Crabs and VLC do a great job getting their players recruited. In the 2015 class, Crabs and VLC have a combined 18 kids committed to college. The Crabs 2016 team has 8 kids committed to college. Hate on them all you want, but you look like fool spreading such lies.

funny, I saw Crabs touting their sponsorship for LTRC Rec basketball...isn't this the same program that forbids their players to participate in LTRC (or any other ) Rec program...

Watch Google Hangout on Schoolsports.com, they have a panel consisting of HS, club and college coaches addressing the recruiting issue. Consensus is HS coaches drive recruiting in hotbed areas (LI, Baltimore, NJ) and clubs tend to benefit smaller schools and less popular lacrosse regions like the south and west. Seems the best bet is a club run or coached by a HS coach like LI Express, Greene Turtle, Leading Edge or FCA. Crabs supplement but don't drive the recruiting effort

Watch Google Hangout on Schoolsports.com, they have a panel consisting of HS, club and college coaches addressing the recruiting issue. Consensus is HS coaches drive recruiting in hotbed areas (LI, Baltimore, NJ) and clubs tend to benefit smaller schools and less popular lacrosse regions like the south and west. Seems the best bet is a club run or coached by a HS coach like LI Express, Greene Turtle, Leading Edge or FCA. Crabs supplement but don't drive the recruiting effort

Still sore that FCA doesn't play in Crabs tournaments, eh? LOL.

Still sore that FCA doesn't play in Crabs tournaments, eh? LOL.

Not FCA and my son's team does play at the Crab tournaments, just pointing out clubs that the coach or coordinator play a dual role as club and HS coach. While I see some argument against HS coaches on the LI forum, and some of them make sense, in the recruiting world it is beneficial.
FCA has a lot of kids from the HS that the coordinator coaches, is that an issue? I see some other progams that complain of preferential treatment for kids that play for the coaches in HS.
In Md it is moving towards the HS and not the club...First the BL coach ran a HS tourny, then came McDonough...now Calvert Hall is behind a new HS tournament geared towards 2016 & 2017 players. I would prefer my son playing for his HS rather than his club...3 tournaments in the summer doesnt leave much time for the club team. Another example of the lessening value of a club in the recruiting process (unless you play at a smaller school)...When does Loyola, Gilman or St Pauls start hosting a tournament?
FCA has a lot of kids from the HS that the coordinator coaches, is that an issue? I see some other progams that complain of preferential treatment for kids that play for the coaches in HS.

My son plays for FCA, doesn't attend Calvert Hall and
we couldn't be happier. Great coaching, great families
and great players...All In!!!
In Md it is moving towards the HS and not the club...First the BL coach ran a HS tourny, then came McDonough...now Calvert Hall is behind a new HS tournament geared towards 2016 & 2017 players. I would prefer my son playing for his HS rather than his club...3 tournaments in the summer doesnt leave much time for the club team. Another example of the lessening value of a club in the recruiting process (unless you play at a smaller school)...When does Loyola, Gilman or St Pauls start hosting a tournament?

My son goes to West Islip High School and we would be very interested in a 2016&2017 tournament for this coming summer. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
It is a tournament held at Gettysburg June 30 to July 2
Bryan Kelly, Dave Huntley and Gettysburg coach
are the coordinators
are the coordinators

These HS coaches shouldn't be allowed to run tournaments to line their pockets.
are the coordinators

I would hope my son's team plays in this tournament. The names associated here will attract a lot of college coaches. I would argue the HS coaches are more focused on the kids experience than "lining their pockets". The club directors are more apt to have a profit motive.
are the coordinators

Sounds like a bitter club coordinator...increased competition means lower profits
Sounds like a bitter club coordinator...increased competition means lower profits [/quote]

You are all forgetting the important thing. This is the Creator's game; The Showcase Events Creator's game. In the first game the families of the 11th graders went to the sacred lands with their kin and debit cards; and the older boys played. And the Creator was pleased.

The Creator asked the spirits for spiritual and economic guidance, and the Creator devined to open up the equities of the sacred Showcase racket to 8th graders.

Before each game, players are reminded of the reason for their participation. Lacrosse is played for the enjoyment of OUR CREATOR. Lacrosse should be played for a showcase fee; you should be humble, well financed and of a good mind when you take your lacrosse stick in hand.

We ask the creator, as the games conclude, to safely return all to their demographically prosperous homelands, located in each of the four directions of etinoha wenjhage (our mother earth) closest to all organic markets and yoga studios.
You are all forgetting the important thing. This is the Creator's game; The Showcase Events Creator's game. In the first game the families of the 11th graders went to the sacred lands with their kin and debit cards; and the older boys played. And the Creator was pleased.

The Creator asked the spirits for spiritual and economic guidance, and the Creator devined to open up the equities of the sacred Showcase racket to 8th graders.

Before each game, players are reminded of the reason for their participation. Lacrosse is played for the enjoyment of OUR CREATOR. Lacrosse should be played for a showcase fee; you should be humble, well financed and of a good mind when you take your lacrosse stick in hand.

We ask the creator, as the games conclude, to safely return all to their demographically prosperous homelands, located in each of the four directions of etinoha wenjhage (our mother earth) closest to all organic markets and yoga studios.
Definitely NOT a post of the year.
Must be a poster from Colorado taking advantage of the recently available marijuana outlets
1st commit out of Breakers 2017, attack out of St Pauls going to Furman. Just a matter of time before the goalie (also St Pauls) commits. Sounds like that St Pauls team is stacked, they should have their own 2017 club team
St. Paul's also has a '17 commit to Hopkins who
plays for Crabs. 3 already, do they have more?
Do all St. Paul's kids play for Breakers or Crabs?
3rd commit from 2017 St. Paul's. goalie going
to UVA. Breaker kid as well. What do they feed
them at that school?
They refocused on the program, and loaded up on talent, after going 4-15 in 2012.
They refocused on the program, and loaded up on talent, after going 4-15 in 2012.

My son plausible for a rival club in MD. I must say the "then versus now" with the Breakers is very, very impressive. Three years ago people would say a Breakers kid was basically someone cut from the Crabs, Hawks or Madlax. My have things changed and the Breakers are now a program I would not be shocked to see a Crabs family looking over the fence at and thinking grass is as green or greener. And that is not a negative aimed at Crabs, just a statement showing how impressive the Breakers are at this point in time.
Breakers '17s had a up and down summer, won big at marginal tournaments, got a bit beat up at more competitive tournaments. They have some solid players, seeing a few more commits from the program (though they look like a feeder program into Furman along with UVA and Duke). Rumors swirling the goalie is heading to Crabs...any color on this topic? Breakers lose him and they are in trouble, I believe he is the only goalie on the '17 team, thought they had 2
Breakers 2019 was horrible last year. Tried to play with the big boys in NPYLL and didnt go so well.
2017 team is good. All others are very mediocre and some flat out weak

2021 won the U11a NPYLL last year and with Millon coaching and recruiting for that team, you know that they will only get better.

2021 won the U11a NPYLL last year and with Millon coaching and recruiting for that team, you know that they will only get better.

Yeah!!!!! Breakers 5th grade team won the 4th grade NPYLL bracket. That's amazing. Now I understand why they are charging $2300 this year. I asked a 2019 parent what they get for the extra 700 this hear and his response was "Hopefully a couple wins". Great program.

they played down against 2022 teams. Why did they not play AA? Chasing trophies? They played down all summer to have did that work out?
Last year the U11 team was a true age based U11 team . Half the players were true first year aged U11 players. They were an A team. Maybe an OK AA team in years pass. NPYLL last year at U11 allowed 7 holdbacks on the AA teams. In other words you could have 7 U13 players on your U11AA team last year. No U13 players were allowed on A. Most of teams were age based U11 in A while AA had their U13 holdbacks, Breakers played in A and lost two games in season but won in the playoffs.

As far as tournaments they played in the only U11A bracket in two tournaments(no AA), Lost one won one , In Hogans played in A with a bunch of U11 age based teams (lost), AA was for grade base(holdbacks) and true AA teams.
Played against Greene Turtle (grade base) and lost in another tournament. Greene Turtle won in AA bracket.. Not sure what is wrong with where they played. ..You sound like someone bitter and hateful....or maybe dislike Breakers?? or maybe your mommy just didn't hug u enough?
All breakers teams choose aloha tournaments due to their close relationship with aloha. These tourneys are not always the toughest tourneys. Breakers clearly trophy chases. One good h.s. team, 2017, all others avg to weak.
Last year the U11 team was a true age based U11 team . Half the players were true first year aged U11 players. They were an A team. Maybe an OK AA team in years pass. NPYLL last year at U11 allowed 7 holdbacks on the AA teams. In other words you could have 7 U13 players on your U11AA team last year. No U13 players were allowed on A. Most of teams were age based U11 in A while AA had their U13 holdbacks, Breakers played in A and lost two games in season but won in the playoffs.

As far as tournaments they played in the only U11A bracket in two tournaments(no AA), Lost one won one , In Hogans played in A with a bunch of U11 age based teams (lost), AA was for grade base(holdbacks) and true AA teams.
Played against Greene Turtle (grade base) and lost in another tournament. Greene Turtle won in AA bracket.. Not sure what is wrong with where they played. ..You sound like someone bitter and hateful....or maybe dislike Breakers?? or maybe your mommy just didn't hug u enough?

This is not correct

U11 NPYLL still had to be U11 - no U13 players were allowed
U11A could "only" have 7 2nd year U11 players. In previous years there was no limit to the number of first/second year players in an age group
Breakers organization is questionable. 2019 trying to legitimize by associating with a HS Coach. Hope he can bring them some players or its another 3 -19 spring/summer for that crew. Pee U.
All breakers teams choose aloha tournaments due to their close relationship with aloha. These tourneys are not always the toughest tourneys. Breakers clearly trophy chases. One good h.s. team, 2017, all others avg to weak.

2021 not playing in Aloha's Fallfest - I guess they want to avoid Crabs and Bethesda
""""""""""""This is not correct
U11A could "only" have 7 2nd year U11 players. In previous years there was no limit to the number of first/second year players in an age group""""""""""""""""""

You have it half right. the U11AA was allowed 7 players that were heldback on their team..That means that they would have had to play U13 in years pass. The U11A teams were only allowed 7 players that were second year U11 players on their team.Got it now..You were allowed 7 players that could be in the next year age group at U11AA, and U11A... This was needed as some NPYLL last year were grade based and some werent. That was their way of solving it.

""""""""""""This is not correct
U11A could "only" have 7 2nd year U11 players. In previous years there was no limit to the number of first/second year players in an age group""""""""""""""""""

You have it half right. the U11AA was allowed 7 players that were heldback on their team..That means that they would have had to play U13 in years pass. The U11A teams were only allowed 7 players that were second year U11 players on their team.Got it now..You were allowed 7 players that could be in the next year age group at U11AA, and U11A... This was needed as some NPYLL last year were grade based and some werent. That was their way of solving it.

No
U13 players could NOT play U11 NPYLL - that is why the Crabs 2021 team played HoCo
This is wrong. There were no holdbacks allowed last year in the NPYLL, which I assume is one reason why the Crabs U11 team did not play in the NPYLL.

The grade-based change for this year obviously changes things.
No you are wrong..Dont know why they played in HOCO but there were holdbacks in NPYLL last year..Did you notice some teams, not many, called themselves 2022, 2021, etc.. It wasnt because they wanted to be U12, U11, U9 etc,,,They were grade based.
I talked to a parent who had a holdback that I knew....

"You talked to a parent that had a holdback" - sounds official

If you could name a team, it might be credible but the following did not have U13s playing at U11: Club Blue, Madlax, Bethesda, MDX, Hawks, Cannons, Storm, Next Level

If any of the others did, they were cheating

If you could name a team, it might be credible but the following did not have U13s playing at U11: Club Blue, Madlax, Bethesda, MDX, Hawks, Cannons, Storm, Next Level

The AA's could not have holdbacks. They had hard age cutoffs for every other year - U11, U13, U9 and basically were 3rd, 5th, 7th etc.

The A's however should have been 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc. but did not have the hard age cutoff so up to 7 kids of the 5ths played U11A which should have been 4ths, 7ths played U13A which should have been just 6ths etc.

The AA's could not have holdbacks. They had hard age cutoffs for every other year - U11, U13, U9 and basically were 3rd, 5th, 7th etc.

The A's however should have been 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc. but did not have the hard age cutoff so up to 7 kids of the 5ths played U11A which should have been 4ths, 7ths played U13A which should have been just 6ths etc.

Correct

But according to one poster - he talked to a parent that had a holdback kid playing U11AA instead of U13A

Sorry but AA teams had holdbacks...So Teams just called themselves 2021, 2022, 2023 for the heck of it.. Hawks or Arden, cant remember, had grade based tryouts and on their website was something like... we will deal with the issue of older kids later with leagues and tournaments...So only certain teams on the same club were age based and some werent.....Sure doesn't make a hill of beans now as all are grade based...
How will the 2019 team be this year? Try-outs are over so there should be a feel for the ability to compete?
Breakers are who you think they are not very good
Ok Denny, I can still hope right? I'm not going to go ahead and "crown dey [lacrosse]".
Who is Denny??
Breakers Looking Good!

U11 A (2022) – Breakers 2022 over Rising Sons 2022
U11 B (2023) – Breakers 2023 over FCA 2023
U13 A (2020) – Stars & Stripes over Maryland Wild
U13 B (2021) – Rising Son's 2021 over Chaos (South Central Lime Green) Breakers 2021 lost to RS 11-7
U15 A (2019) – Philadelphia Freedom over Breakers 2019
U15 B (2019) - Philadelphia Freedom (White) over API Select
This was a c tournament. Breakers is a joke.
Good for the little guys! 2019 a second place finish?....geez who else was in this bracket? East Cupcake and the Mary Dobkin All Stars fought it out for 3rd place..... Elton John won it all?
Only 4 teams!!!! Congrats on 2nd guys!!!!
Ouch! Someone must have had a bad experience with Breakers? If Breakers are a joke than every club in and around Baltimore besides Crabs is a joke. Breakers are like everyone else, some good teams , some not so good.
13A was won by the Rising Sons 2020, they beat Stars and Stripes 17-1. 16-0 over API and 19-1 over Chaos. Terrible tournament. Can't believe it was a [lacrosse]'s qualifier.
Sons going to Tampa? R u?
Tampa terrible too,
I think someone is jealous. You still have time, there are other qualifying tournaments.
Why go to Tampa when 90% of the best teams in the country are in the Northeast. Sounds like a moneygrab on the part of the promoters.
Or go to Tampa and enjoy some agreeable weather, see the kids bond and have some fun, take a bunch of pictures and have a good life memory stashed away. They're 13, right? When these kids are done playing you think they are going to remember most some stupid tournament in sizzling July weather in some god awful Poolesville or Bel Aire field is going to be the thing for them or YOU?!? I'd rather watch women's tennis on ESPN for a day than go to Bel Aire for any reason.
I can agree with the money grab part of this tournament. Madlax won the one in Denver and they said they had 1 and a half maybe 2 games over the 10 or so they played being any where close to good. When they have the champoinship in Maryland or close to it that will be the year worth going to.
Of course it's a business. $1,450 for a 3-day youth tournament isn't bad though. Like how they require proof of birth though and follow U.S. Lacrosse rules.

The very top teams from LI or Maryland (or national teams) will come and dominate. But, for a non-hotbed team, it is a good experience to play a top hotbed team (better if you can lose 10-2 versus 20-2, of course). And non-hotbed teams have gotten better. A Charlotte youth team lost in a championship this Summer to a Madlax-Capital AA team only 9-8. And non-hotbed teams versus non-hotbed teams should offer some good matchups.

That said, I thought the whole idea of going to Florida for [lacrosse]'s was pretty crazy until a couple parents encouraged our coach to email around to see if anyone was interested and, low and behold, everyone wanted to go. Despite the fact the coach was pretty clear where our team would stack up against the registered teams. As the above poster noted, I guess parents want to have a fun time in warm weather and create some good memories before their boys grow up.

Now, if my alma mater could get invited to a nearby bowl game right after the tournament, that would be a bonus.
Or go to Tampa and enjoy some agreeable weather, see the kids bond and have some fun, take a bunch of pictures and have a good life memory stashed away. They're 13, right? When these kids are done playing you think they are going to remember most some stupid tournament in sizzling July weather in some god awful Poolesville or Bel Aire field is going to be the thing for them or YOU?!? I'd rather watch women's tennis on ESPN for a day than go to Bel Aire for any reason.

Since it's all about the vacation aspect, why not host it in Hawaii?
When the Crabs take their Atlantic Stars team to the west coast tournament in January, the left coasters are very appreciative of them making the trek and helping validate the tournament.

We are very fortunate with the quality of lacrosse that is played within an hour of Baltimore. Take in the sun, make it a vacation and realize you are spreading the gospel of DMV lacrosse. Not going to find top notch competition throughout, but they are getting better and are closing the gap!
That would be nice except clubs would charge twice what it would cost to get there. They gotta make a living I heard
How did Breakers do at Greene Turtle??

As expected...Not well. Do people still believe Breakers is a top level club?
Scores are up on site.
Breakers 2020 wnet 3-0 at the harvest fest, beating Rising Sons 2020 and Freedom 2020 Red in the process. Just FYI.

Overall a solid club not at top but closer to top teams than to average level teams.

Still cant get over your son getting cut from Breakers?
The Breakers are an upper level program within the tier of mid level programs. The 2017 team is very competitive with the top tier teams.

Funny. That's why Mark was emailing around begging for kids to come to the 2022 team

Funny. That's why Mark was emailing around begging for kids to come to the 2022 team

Thats just what I thought. Your son got cut and you cant get over it. Listen 2022 is only 5th grade. Your son is a young fellow. Most children haven't even developed near to their potential at this age. Your son still has plenty of time to make Breakers, just not this year.

Begging, now you lost all credibility. Dont see Mark Million begging. You need to relax and have a beer, wine whatever your thing is, going thru life bitter and hateful is no life..Now start with some baby steps and proceed on..First step ..relax and go play catch with your son.
Just curious, about how many kids tried out for breakers and how many were cut. Everyone makes it sound like there was a big tryout. If as some have stated, Breakers is a top tier, mid level team, then there must be a ton of kids trying out for all of these club teams
Just curious, about how many kids tried out for breakers and how many were cut. Everyone makes it sound like there was a big tryout. If as some have stated, Breakers is a top tier, mid level team, then there must be a ton of kids trying out for all of these club teams

Lets just say they still haven't been able to fill out their younger teams.

Thats just what I thought. Your son got cut and you cant get over it. Listen 2022 is only 5th grade. Your son is a young fellow. Most children haven't even developed near to their potential at this age. Your son still has plenty of time to make Breakers, just not this year.

Sorry to disappoint your view of your club, but my son did not get cut from Breakers. He chose to play for a better team. Have fun with your $700 dollar extra in dues for the "Developmental Program" Mark forgot to find field space for, so it's being held at a baseball training facility.

Lets just say they still haven't been able to fill out their younger teams.

Didnt you already say this on the Crabs list??

Sorry to disappoint your view of your club, but my son did not get cut from Breakers. He chose to play for a better team. Have fun with your $700 dollar extra in dues for the "Developmental Program" Mark forgot to find field space for, so it's being held at a baseball training facility.

You haven't disappointed me. You are a liar and a vindictive jerk.
The only thing out of you is hatred for Breakers and Mark Millon.
I suspect you are either that jacka** who had his kid in three different clubs last year or one of the parents that left with him.
Breakers arent perfect like most clubs, but they provide a good product to many parents and their sons.

As expected...Not well. Do people still believe Breakers is a top level club? [/quote]

Still cant get over your son getting cut from Breakers?[/quote]

Funny. That's why Mark was emailing around begging for kids to come to the 2022 team [/quote]

Thats just what I thought. Your son got cut and you cant get over it. Listen 2022 is only 5th grade. Your son is a young fellow. Most children haven't even developed near to their potential at this age. Your son still has plenty of time to make Breakers, just not this year. [/quote]

Sorry to disappoint your view of your club, but my son did not get cut from Breakers. He chose to play for a better team. Have fun with your $700 dollar extra in dues for the "Developmental Program" Mark forgot to find field space for, so it's being held at a baseball training facility. [/quote]

I suspect you are either that jacka** who had his kid in three different clubs last year or one of the parents that left with him.
Breakers arent perfect like most clubs, but they provide a good product to many parents and their sons.

[/quote]
My sons have never and will never play for breakers because of things I have seen on field playing against them. I'm not vindictive. Just responding to someone saying I'm upset because my son got cut. You call me a liar but what that I've said is untrue? Did cost not go up this year significantly? Are they practicing at a baseball facility because the indoor facility fell through? Do their young teams have 12-15 kids on them? Which of those statements did I lie about?
How's the 2018 Breakers team?
How's the 2018 Breakers team?

They are competitive. Locally, the 2018 Crabs and FCA teams are very strong and the 2018 Hawks are very good as well. The 2020 Breakers teams will be very compeitive. Those teams added several good players this fall.
[/quote]. Listen 2022 is only 5th grade. Your son is a young fellow. Most children haven't even developed near to their potential at this age. Your son still has plenty of time to make Breakers, just not this year. [/quote]

Sorry to disappoint your view of your club, but my son did not get cut from Breakers. He chose to play for a better team. Have fun with your $700 dollar extra in dues for the "Developmental Program" Mark forgot to find field space for, so it's being held at a baseball training facility. [/quote]

[/quote]
My sons have never and will never play for breakers because of things I have seen on field playing against them. I'm not vindictive. Just responding to someone saying I'm upset because my son got cut. You call me a liar but what that I've said is untrue? Did cost not go up this year significantly? Are they practicing at a baseball facility because the indoor facility fell through? Do their young teams have 12-15 kids on them? Which of those statements did I lie about? [/quote]

For someone who doesn't like Breakers you sure are obsessed with them!
Who cares where they are practicing (while the other facility is being completed). Better to practice with Mark Millon anywhere than with some former D3 nobody. You bring this up like it's some big indictment against the organization, it's just logistics.
The
Anything exciting or worth noting on Breakers in up coming Spring sason.
Exciting? Hmmm. Very average club. One good team in hs. Rest are avg at best.
Exciting? Hmmm. Very average club. One good team in hs. Rest are avg at best.

So like most decent clubs in Maryland except Crabs..
Experience with Breakers is that they are one of the "catch all" clubs whose teams are made up mostly of the kids who don't make the top tier clubs. This is no indictment of them, just an observation. 2019 is my area of interest. They have had a lot of turnover in that age group year to year, coach to coach. Don't see it getting better this year.
Experience with Breakers is that they are one of the "catch all" clubs whose teams are made up mostly of the kids who don't make the top tier clubs. This is no indictment of them, just an observation. 2019 is my area of interest. They have had a lot of turnover in that age group year to year, coach to coach. Don't see it getting better this year.

And 2022 Breakers won The NPYLL last year.

[quote=Anonymous]Experience with Breakers is that they are one of the "catch all" clubs whose teams are made up mostly of the kids who don't make the top tier clubs. This is no indictment of them, just an observation. 2019 is my area of interest. They have had a lot of turnover in that age group year to year, coach to coach. Don't see it getting better this year.

And 2022 Breakers won The NPYLL last year.

Even a blind squirrel can occasionally find an acorn.
Not a 2022 team that won get your fax straight. 11u 2021 team that won a B championship
Not a 2022 team that won get your fax straight. 11u 2021 team that won a B championship

Might want to get your fax? straight. It was a young true U11 team that won the U11A division of NPYLL last year not U11AA. They had some first year U11 players along with some second year U11 players on team. This year it is grade based so no U11 teams in A or AA.

All NPYLL U11A teams last year were 2022s with a very limited # of 2021s. (Limit set byNpyll).

Breakers won while others whined.
Breakers 2022 are bad they got blown out in this past fall tournaments. Without their 2021 holdbacks they will not win much.
[quote=Anonymous]Not a 2022 team that won get your fax straight. 11u 2021 team that won a B championship

All NPYLL U11A teams last year were 2022s with a very limited # of 2021s. (Limit set byNpyll).

Breakers won while others whined.Very impressive

That's just not true and you know it. U11-AA was 2021 teams and U11-A was 2022 teams. Breakers U-11 was more than half 2021 kids and they played in the division with the 2022 teams. They actually violated the rules of the NPYLL by playing with too many second year U-11 kids in the A bracket. Congrats on that. This is why Diamondbacks left NPYLL this year.

That's just not true and you know it. U11-AA was 2021 teams and U11-A was 2022 teams. Breakers U-11 was more than half 2021 kids and they played in the division with the 2022 teams. They actually violated the rules of the NPYLL by playing with too many second year U-11 kids in the A bracket. Congrats on that. This is why Diamondbacks left NPYLL this year.

Are u back again along with your lies. The NPYLL last year was screwed up. The started as age based and then tryed to accommodate age and grade(holdbacks) teams. They allowed 7 players to old to play in proper age bracket. Nothing to do with grade. Got that Liar. Look at NYPLL standings..You see anywhere that it says 2021,2022,, No,, it only said U11, U13, etc. The Breakers were a true young U11 team. Half the team is still playing 2022 this year.None were holdbacks. You must be one of those crying Diamondback parents who lost to Breakers in Championship playoffs.Most of the Diamondback parents were decent you must have been an embarrassment to them with all you bellyaching and whining. Get over it. It is U11 Crybaby.

Are u back again along with your lies. The NPYLL last year was screwed up. The started as age based and then tryed to accommodate age and grade(holdbacks) teams. They allowed 7 players to old to play in proper age bracket. Nothing to do with grade. Got that Liar. Look at NYPLL standings..You see anywhere that it says 2021,2022,, No,, it only said U11, U13, etc. The Breakers were a true young U11 team. Half the team is still playing 2022 this year.None were holdbacks. You must be one of those crying Diamondback parents who lost to Breakers in Championship playoffs.Most of the Diamondback parents were decent you must have been an embarrassment to them with all you bellyaching and whining. Get over it. It is U11 Crybaby.

Actually, the standings do say 2021 and 2022. Just look next to the teams that are playing where they were supposed to(Hawks, Diamondbacks, Storm, etc) and you will see 2021 or 2022. I had thought that Breakers was similar to those clubs, but I guess they should be lumped in with the other U11 teams like Zingos and Maryland Extreme.
Lumping a team with Zingos and Maryland Extreme?

Low blow

Actually, the standings do say 2021 and 2022. Just look next to the teams that are playing where they were supposed to(Hawks, Diamondbacks, Storm, etc) and you will see 2021 or 2022. I had thought that Breakers was similar to those clubs, but I guess they should be lumped in with the other U11 teams like Zingos and Maryland Extreme.

Actually that is wrong. And you know that liar. The standings last year were U11A and U11AA . Look at NPYLL site now ( which is terrible site ). The Champions pictures from AA last year 2014 are all Age champions. Not once does it say grade base champions.
Some teams were grade ( you can thank these teams for helping get the holdbacks issue a boost ) but most teams were age last year. But the Divisions were ALL Age with A and AA.
Show me a link where it says that the divisions are grade in 2014. You can't liar.
Once again Liar..It was U11 , get over it.

Actually that is wrong. And you know that liar. The standings last year were U11A and U11AA . Look at NPYLL site now ( which is terrible site ). The Champions pictures from AA last year 2014 are all Age champions. Not once does it say grade base champions.
Some teams were grade ( you can thank these teams for helping get the holdbacks issue a boost ) but most teams were age last year. But the Divisions were ALL Age with A and AA.
Show me a link where it says that the divisions are grade in 2014. You can't liar.

I never said that the divisions were grade based did I? I said that the teams entered in AA were 2021 teams and the teams in A were 2022 teams. This was true for the elite clubs. For whatever reason, Breakers only fielded one U11 team last year. Most of the players were 2021 kids. It was the same in U13. Are you saying that the Breakers U13AA team wasn't their 2019 team and the A team wasn't their 2018 team? If so, you're the liar. Especially considering the U13A team could have run the U13AA team off the field last year. I don't really care other than you keep bragging that Breakers won U11 last year. We'll see what happens this year.
Oh shut up already. Gosh
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

That's just not true and you know it. U11-AA was 2021 teams and U11-A was 2022 teams. Breakers U-11 was more than half 2021 kids and they played in the division with the 2022 teams. They actually violated the rules of the NPYLL by playing with too many second year U-11 kids in the A bracket. Congrats on that. This is why Diamondbacks left NPYLL this year. [/quote]

Actually, the standings do say 2021 and 2022. Just look next to the teams that are playing where they were supposed to(Hawks, Diamondbacks, Storm, etc) and you will see 2021 or 2022. I had thought that Breakers was similar to those clubs, but I guess they should be lumped in with the other U11 teams like Zingos and Maryland Extreme. [/quote]

I never said that the divisions were grade based did I? I said that the teams entered in AA were 2021 teams and the teams in A were 2022 teams. This was true for the elite clubs. For whatever reason, Breakers only fielded one U11 team last year. Most of the players were 2021 kids. It was the same in U13. Are you saying that the Breakers U13AA team wasn't their 2019 team and the A team wasn't their 2018 team? If so, you're the liar. Especially considering the U13A team could have run the U13AA team off the field last year. I don't really care other than you keep bragging that Breakers won U11 last year. We'll see what happens this year.
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

You just keep on lying dont you. Here is what you wrote """Actually, the standings do say 2021 and 2022 """ Caught in another lie . Do you even read what you write??
Once again liar. This is a U11 team. You need to get over your U11 lost to Breakers U11. Maybe someone is bragging? but the only time I am here is responding to liars and jerks like you, not glorifying a U11 team or slamming a U11 team no matter who they are.
You realize you idiots are arguing about 11 year old boys, right? Get a life.

You realize you are commenting on idiots arguing about 11 year old boys.....
Nothing like only reading part of the quote jackass.

Actually, the standings do say 2021 and 2022. Just look next to the teams that are playing where they were supposed to(Hawks, Diamondbacks, Storm, etc) and you will see 2021 or 2022.

You realize you are commenting on idiots arguing about 11 year old boys.....

You realize you are commenting on an idiot commenting on idiots about 11 year old boys

Actually, the standings do say 2021 and 2022. Just look next to the teams that are playing where they were supposed to(Hawks, Diamondbacks, Storm, etc) and you will see 2021 or 2022.

I see you failed English and comprehension. First look up meaning of standings. The NPYLL was always age base until some teams decided prior to last years season to do grade base teams. That created a screwed up situation which you can thank all the grade based (Holdbacks) teams for, as it was to be an aged based league. Once again NYPLL last year was both grade based teams (holdbacks) but the majority were age based teams (no holdbacks). That means some teams had too old to play at proper age (2021,2022,etc)and some had the right age to play teams( Breakers,etc). Got that! There was no such thing as a Division/Standings with only 2022 teams in it. Got that LIAR.
Anyone that comes on here to talk bad about a U11 team on the Breakers forum is a vindictive jerk and Liar. I feel sorry for your children to have a parent that has a need to talk bad about a U11 team from last year.

I see you failed English and comprehension. First look up meaning of standings. The NPYLL was always age base until some teams decided prior to last years season to do grade base teams. That created a screwed up situation which you can thank all the grade based (Holdbacks) teams for, as it was to be an aged based league. Once again NYPLL last year was both grade based teams (holdbacks) but the majority were age based teams (no holdbacks). That means some teams had too old to play at proper age (2021,2022,etc)and some had the right age to play teams( Breakers,etc). Got that! There was no such thing as a Division/Standings with only 2022 teams in it. Got that LIAR.
Anyone that comes on here to talk bad about a U11 team on the Breakers forum is a vindictive jerk and Liar. I feel sorry for your children to have a parent that has a need to talk bad about a U11 team from last year.

Lets keep it civil and focused. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

What are you 5? Liar? Jerk? You forgot Meanie and poopy head. Nowhere did he criticize the team. He simply said they should have been playing in AA since they had a majority 2021 kids. Grow up.

What are you 5? Liar? Jerk? You forgot Meanie and poopy head. Nowhere did he criticize the team. He simply said they should have been playing in AA since they had a majority 2021 kids. Grow up.

Nowhere does he criticize the team.Really?? Here is one for you."""They actually violated the rules of the NPYLL by playing with too many second year U-11 kids in the A bracket. Congrats on that.""

I guess violating rules and cheating is not criticising to you and then sarcastically saying congrats to top it off. I guess you must be 5 . Maybe you need to quit defending someone who is intent on lying about a U11 team from last year. Time for you to grow up.

Nowhere does he criticize the team.Really?? Here is one for you."""They actually violated the rules of the NPYLL by playing with too many second year U-11 kids in the A bracket. Congrats on that.""

I guess violating rules and cheating is not criticising to you and then sarcastically saying congrats to top it off. I guess you must be 5 . Maybe you need to quit defending someone who is intent on lying about a U11 team from last year. Time for you to grow up.

Sounds to me he is criticizing the Club, not the kids on the team.
For last year in the NYPLL:

U11AA (National League) supposed to be all 2021

U11A (American League) supposed to be 2022 & and each team was allowed to have 5 (?, might have been 7) 2021 players that were within or close to the cut off birth date

That's all history in the books, all teams have changed in some degree since then....All the talk of hold backs is crazy, get over it. It is all grade based either way you look at it now, everyone starts the season off at 0-0-0. For the record my kid is on grade and age either way it is set up (on the smaller side), and by no means am I concerned about any hold backs. This will be his fourth season playing in the NYPLL. Man up or go back to rec or the weak Howard County league..

U11A (American League) supposed to be 2022 & and each team was allowed to have 5 (?, might have been 7) 2021 players that were within or close to the cut off birth date

That's all history in the books, all teams have changed in some degree since then....All the talk of hold backs is crazy, get over it. It is all grade based either way you look at it now, everyone starts the season off at 0-0-0. For the record my kid is on grade and age either way it is set up (on the smaller side), and by no means am I concerned about any hold backs. This will be his fourth season playing in the NYPLL. Man up or go back to rec or the weak Howard County league..

What team?

You have it wrong. There was never a AA supposed to be 2021 and A Supposed to be 2022 with 5 or 7 2021. They allowed 7 players to old to play at right age for U11,U13, U15 not grades.The leagues were never grade based. Did you notice that all leagues were age U11A and U11AA. The leagues were as in the past older teams AA and younger teams A. Pretty simple.
You are right this is in the past and I cant figure why you have a need to discredit a bunch of 10 and 11 year olds from last year. Pretty sorry .They played in right league and won. Get over it.
Maybe you can man up and stop your constant moaning.

Even with your logic of 5-7 to old players in grade..Then the Breakers were in right league. So why dont you have something to say about this constant moaning and groaning about the Breakers playing in wrong Division and cheating to other poster.
How about calling them out Mister man up.
When your kids get to HS, you'll realize how stupid all this arguing and chest thumping is. Just let the kids have fun. It doesn't matter at all who wins the game at this level.
It's does for other clubs in the bmore area
When your kids get to HS, you'll realize how stupid all this arguing and chest thumping is. Just let the kids have fun. It doesn't matter at all who wins the game at this level.

Exactly right . That is why it is incredible when people come into a forum on a Specific team and start accusing it of cheating, It sucks, etc.

When your son grows up (and hopefully you will as well), you'll realize that all the clubs want their kids to get better and have fun. The wins and losses at the youth level are irrelevant except to donkey dads and moms.

When your son grows up (and hopefully you will as well), you'll realize that all the clubs want their kids to get better and have fun. The wins and losses at the youth level are irrelevant except to donkey dads and moms.

Wins matter to every club!
Club politics and revenue are directly related to wins and losses. Judging by your choice of words we will all conclude that you don't really know much about club lax and that growing up is clearly on your to-do list.

Wins matter to every club!
Club politics and revenue are directly related to wins and losses. Judging by your choice of words we will all conclude that you don't really know much about club lax and that growing up is clearly on your to-do list.

Exactly. Why do you think the clubs put their championships on the website? How else can they rationalize charging the fees they do. Same reason they put the college commitments on the sites. Of course they want the kids to get better and have fun, but don't you think the kids have a better summer if they are winning?
Winning only matters if it gets you into the top events. Once you are there 4-0 or 2-2 does not matter. Your son will have the chance to be seen by the right people. If your club is winning every tournament but its not the correct tournments it does you no good. You have to confirm where the top 20 clubs are playing and make sure your club is playing there also. If not you are on the wrong team. Its better to play Crabs,91, Express and clubs like this and go 0-4 then play bums in Va Beach tournament and go 4-0.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum