@BackOfTheCAGE
Matrix Lacrosse of Nyack, NY has merged with NJ Riot Lacrosse. Matrix teams will be rebranded as NJ Riot Rockland. Jeff Ramos, a seasoned Goalie Coach, High School Coach and current Head Coach of Team Puerto Rico, will serve as New Jersey Riot Rockland Director and will continue at his Nyack, NY base.

See press release by Matrix Lacrosse below:

"I am pleased to announce that Matrix Lacrosse has agreed to a merger with NJ Riot Lacrosse. Effective January 1, 2019 Matrix Lacrosse will become NJ Riot Rockland. All operational and administrative functions will be run by the NJ Riot. To ensure a seamless transition, I will remain with the organization as Director of Lacrosse – Rockland.

My decision to merge Matrix with the NJ Riot was a driven by the amount of time required to support a travel lacrosse program. It became clear to me that I would not be able to effectively manage the program and deliver on my expectations and those of our players and parents. In September I was presented with a business opportunity that I could not pass up. All of my time needs to be devoted to this new venture and unfortunately a decision about the future of Matrix needed to be made. Instead of leaving a void in the Rockland market for a travel, I decided to look into viable options to replace Matrix. I identified a number of travel programs and vetted the best options available. The NJ Riot was clearly the best choice.

NJ Riot is recognized as one of the premier travel programs in the east and field competitive teams at the "AA" level and "A" level. Their "AA" teams regularly compete at top national recruiting events and they have seen a number of their players recruited to play at the collegiate level. I'm thrilled that our Rockland players will have an opportunity to continue playing competitive lacrosse under the NJ Riot program. The Riot bring to Rockland a committed ownership team that is player focused. They are also supported by a staff that will ensure a high level of communication with our parents and players, an easy to use registration and payment system, and a recruiting staff that is proactive in their support of our players. Most imortantly, the Riot brings a solid coaching staff, which will include many of the Matrix staff, to ensure great on-field training and player development." - Jeff Ramos
How was the Matrix Program in Rockland?
© US Lacrosse Community Forum