@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 3rd Grade Boys (2032 Grads) for the Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Season.
At this age group, is it better for player development to join B clubs or is it wiser at this young age to join the big programs line 91 or Express?
Go to the team with the best coaching. Most important by far.
If your son has fun playing then go to the place they’ll get the most reps. The elite clubs will help them improve the most but if the technical skill isn’t there yet (or they’re not an elite athlete) then playing for a B team to get those skills is great as long as the LaxDad ego can stomach it. The kids that continue to put in the work will make the elite clubs in time. It happens every year.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Go to the team with the best coaching. Most important by far.

This is the only answer in my opinion.
Early 2032 rankings
1. Rebels
2. Rebels
3. Rebels
Rebels will have five 32 teams. 2 central and east , then one north east Nassau. Yes 5 teams, tryouts this week for central.
Was some awesome 2032 competition at Hershey in July! Looking forward to seeing this group compete in the fall.
Igloo, Bethesda and Duke’s Elite looked a level above the rest; is that what you saw at Hershey as well?! Impressive talent level for 32s!
What is so great about the Rebels program? I’ve seen them at tournaments. don’t they own blatant and stack the tournaments for their teams? Seems like a business looking to grow with no real interest in player development. Also I’m pretty sure the igloo team this age didn’t lose a game in Long Island this year so wouldn’t that be the top team?
Like last year with 31, Igloo was top team in fall, the Rebels went 3-0 vs them in Summer. Same will happen with 32's. Rebels have the best structure, coaches, staff, and own indoor facility. Rebels are not for all, only those that want to practice/Train over 100 times throughout year, want to have 3-4 coaches, and be the top program in so many ways.
PS over 35 teams just on Island now
Like last year with 31, Igloo was top team in fall, the Rebels went 3-0 vs them in Summer. Same will happen with 32's. Rebels have the best structure, coaches, staff, and own indoor facility. Rebels are not for all, only those that want to practice/Train over 100 times throughout year, want to have 3-4 coaches, and be the top program in so many ways.

But what will happen is that a lot all best players will eventually leave these clubs for an NLF type club by about 8th grade.
Nlf has become a joke, they would be privileged to have Rebels as a member. Not sure they would even join, might have something else, which will be better in the works.
[quote=Anonymous]Like last year with 31, Igloo was top team in fall, the Rebels went 3-0 vs them in Summer. Same will happen with 32's. Rebels have the best structure, coaches, staff, and own indoor facility. Rebels are not for all, only those that want to practice/Train over 100 times throughout year, want to have 3-4 coaches, and be the top program in so many ways.

But what will happen is that a lot all best players will eventually leave these clubs for an NLF type club by about 8th grade.

Lots of training and good value for your money seems like a win to me, especially at this age!

I love that the Rebels directors alway comment on the forum . Or did they hire someone to ? Just because you practice 1000 times doesn’t mean you have a great club . It just means you get value for your money.

Lots of training and good value for your money seems like a win to me, especially at this age!

Your tune will change. To many teams to focus on . You will see
That’s why they naught a facility , in process of another. Hired 5-6 high school coaches to help Run east. Up to 20 full time employees, that’s how you expand and become the premier club on island.
That’s why they naught a facility , in process of another. Hired 5-6 high school coaches to help Run east. Up to 20 full time employees, that’s how you expand and become the premier club on island.

Biggest doesn’t mean the best in the talent pool.
And?
Daughter plays for jesters great program
Was at boys tryouts
Light numbers but 30s look good
Coach George Powers big addition
32 looks very good too
Still low numbers
Any thoughts on True Blue at this age?
Jesters started up a boys program
Lots of kids from TB a went there same town
Not sure how good they will be
True Blue a decent mid level B club, works if your on the south shore Nassau county and looking for local practices. If your son is serious about lacrosse, much better options even at the B team level. At the older ages, their best teams consistently lose to B teams.
How do the 91 teams look for this age group?
How do the 91 teams look for this age group?

Pose that question in 5 years.
Are these basically the clubs with viable 2032 teams?
Igloo x 2
Rebels x 5
91 x 2
Legacy
Shore2Shore x 2
Rebels East
Express East
Legacy East
Express
Empire (did the program fold?)
Tenacious Turtles
True Blue (did the program fold?)

If so, seems like a lot of options for boys that are interested in playing.
Why don’t you take this to the Long Island forum? Otherwise, list all the other 2032 teams that are better than these clubs…there are a lot
Will be Iglio rebels and 91 top 3. No one else close,
Riiiiiiiiight
Rebels won’t be in the top 5
Rebels won’t be in the top 5

Did something change from last year?

Igloo and rebels were clear top
There is no “top team” at this grade level. The cream always seems rise to the…Big clubs. People are this level seem to just follow what other PAL parents do. But they start going to tourneys and learn the landscape. Eventually all the top talent from these teams move on seemingly.
Some close games between Igloo, Rebels and Legacy this weekend. Don’t know much about Express and 91 at this age, assuming will be solid as usual. A handful of evenly matched teams will make for a lot of good competition for the boys. Good luck to all the 2032 teams.
Bunch of express kids left and went to Jesters.
They will be good team
Jesters? New program?
Yes jesters They have a huge girls program. Just started the boys program back up.
91 very solid team, rebels played them this weekend beat them 9-1 and then 6-5 in championship, fool how games can fluctuate at this age. Rebels good ball movement in game, 91 had 1 or 2 really big mids that could run through 4 or 5 at times. Should be fun with igloo, 91, Rebels, and Legacy solid out of gate. 2 way tied 91, but lost to rebels by a lot.
Who does it benefit having a reclassed 5th grader as your goalie on a 2032 team? Guess that’s how they do it in MD…
I assume you are referring to the Blue Claws? It was pretty obvious that boy was not of age…guess they were desperate to win a fall tourney?!
Who won fall brawl today. East Coast vs a Rebel team. Not posted
That's pretty funny.. And wrong.. 3rd grader he is
9yr old 3rd grader…FACT
Sounds like someone had a hard time scoring this fall.
Rebels are a big fish in a small pond. No competition.
Who are the rebelles?
They don’t sound too scary.
Sounds like someone had a hard time scoring this fall.

BotC Rule #2:
When your team loses, accuse the winning team of cheating.

BotC Rule #1:
When your team wins and is accused of cheating, tell the other team to "Hit the wall!"
Rebels are only the greatest club lacrosse team ever assembled.
I’d be careful what you post about them; their founder spends a vast amount of time on here.
Rebelles best not come south.
Annapolis Hawks would pound them.
Rebelles best not come south.
Annapolis Hawks would pound them.

As would a few others. Most hotbed areas begin lacrosse at age 5-7. MD kids start playing lacrosse at age 3. Big advantage when the kids are so young. There are some good squads down there.
MD clubs start young, they have strong teams and good stick skills. They’re also wimps, as I’ve watched teams from Philly and NJ and NY push them around like little siblings.
Northeast teams aren't afraid of your boys, sorry
MD clubs start young, they have strong teams and good stick skills. They’re also wimps, as I’ve watched teams from Philly and NJ and NY push them around like little siblings.

What teams teams did you see pushed around?
Any specifics? What teams? When? Or just made-up, boasting?

My guess is he's confusing ms and hs age groups with this one.

It's pretty fair to say the top 3, possibly 4, teams in the '32 group reside in MD right now. The rest of the NE is off to a slow(er) relative start.

It's pretty fair to say the top 3, possibly 4, teams in the '32 group reside in MD right now. The rest of the NE is off to a slow(er) relative start.

True. Who are the teams to watch in MD PA and NJ?
How does HoCo stack up this year?

That’s because those kids are older.
Third graders pushing teams around. I’m sure little Connor is an absolute beast at 8 years olf but try to get ahold of yourself. 😂
I’ll tell my boy to take it easy on your little Tyler…
32 chat heating up! Can't wait for Spring/Summer smile
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...cation-is-coming-to-youth-lacrosse/60381
HoCo alignments out. Crabs trying to enter the b league this year, after quitting the league last year due to blowout losses.
Watch out for the Rebels this summer, training hard all winter.
Nice try, Coach
It’s a great day to be a Outlaw!
Rebels toasted everyone today. Why did 91 avoid them?!
91 avoided them because half the 2032 Rebels team were 2031s. As they run the tourney, they know this.
Rebelles playing in “light” leagues.
Soft tourneys.
Come south. Every team in HoCo would send them packing.
Do the cars not work in Maryland?? On every thread we're considered "scared" because we don't come south often. I have an older son and I have never seen a Maryland team play on Long Island.
91 avoided them because half the 2032 Rebels team were 2031s. As they run the tourney, they know this.

Not true, my kid plays on 2031 and Rebels won't event let us practice with the Archers. They even cancelled a game last year when 31s were to play Archers at Lake George as Archers were playing up.

They are all 2032's. lol

I do know MD kids are at least 8-12 months older on average so it may be so the other way around pre rules adjustment.
It was a 91 tourney, rebels have no 31’s in Archers. They do have 3 very good 33’s. They practiced 2, 3 times a week since last fall. That’s why they are so good.
It was a 91 tourney, rebels have no 31’s in Archers. They do have 3 very good 33’s. They practiced 2, 3 times a week since last fall. That’s why they are so good.
MD teams do this year round. It’s why the Rebelles can’t compete.
Rebels this age a decent team, not sure about long run, will lose kids as the Rebels always do.
Those that keep saying Rebels lose kids are DIRECTORS from Programs on way down.
Rebels have added more great kids at all ages. 3 practice a week. Unbelievable staffs, own indoor facility. They are top program now on island. Keep your hopes up of rebel players leaving. Going to be opposite.
Lots of LI 2032 teams already, about 16, probably more? Will be a good age group to watch

Established teams
1-Igloo - top of the age group
2-Rebels - closing the gap with Igloo
3-S2S - solid small core, not deep, will need to add
4-Team 91 - don’t know much, but it’s 91?

Unknowns
1-BTB - building the team the right way - good trainers
2-Express East - have a strong foundation
3-91 Empire - developing stages
4-Express - one day will be upper echelon
5-Rebels B - developing - train often and hard
6--Rebels C - developing - train often and hard
7-Recon - have a core, developing
8-True Blue - building their team
9-Jesters - new to boys, practice a lot
10-Team 91 B - don’t know much
11-True - will be formidable at some point, merge?
12-Turtles - developing - good trainers
Lots of LI 2032 teams already, about 16, probably more? Will be a good age group to watch

Established teams

Unknowns

Igloo won’t last. Lame owner and coach is a fool.
Any perspective on the coaches of Rebels, 91 and S2S?

Established teams

Unknowns

Igloo won’t last. Lame owner and coach is a fool.

Igloo will break up same as rebels
91 B team isn’t very good
BTB is starting out
Jesters - group of kids who were at 91 plus some kids from Express joined together
S2S - very solid group
True blue - lost all good kids to other clubs
Turtles will be good
Igloo coach will drive all those players away. Inevitably what will happen, it always does, 91 and Express will push their chips into the age group, those at lesser clubs will have a decision to make. 91 and Express will take the best and then fill in with reclassed and out of town players. The question is, maybe not this summer, but next summer, which clubs does the best job of keeping their core for the long term, managing parent egos, team chemistry, etc. Who has the best team leadership to maintain longevity, definitely not Igloo. Rebels coaches are very good. All easier said than done as most parents are high maintenance.
True Blue is done after their 2024 class, unfortunate the way that went since they have some good coaches. True Blue dominated south short Nassau county for a while, which is now dominated by BTB, Jesters and now True.
Legacy not mentioned above is part of that first tier of established teams
Saw S2S having supplemental tryouts for 2032, does anyone have info on this team and their coaches?
In MD it's shaping up this way.
You've all been warned.

1 Hawks
2 Blue Claws
3 Sidewinders
4 Next Level
5 Bethesda
6 Green Hornets
7 LTLC
8 Madlax
Uh oh. Very scary, these year older Maryland families will be surprised by the quality of the 2032 LI teams
I’ve heard True coming to LI and merging with a top team?
Uh oh. Very scary, these year older Maryland families will be surprised by the quality of the 2032 LI teams

Surprised if there is any quality, yes.
True merging with B program, train weak.
Play Day on Saturday at Cantiague Park in Hicksville. Rebels 2032, Igloo 2032 playing. Should be interesting
Play Day on Saturday at Cantiague Park in Hicksville. Rebels 2032, Igloo 2032 playing. Should be interesting

detest to burst your bubble but the only thing interesting about 3rd grade lacrosse is watching the parents lose their mind.
91 coming out of hiding this weekend…… the results of their games sure to set parents into a tailspin.
What tourney is this wknd?
What tourney is this wknd?

Igloo's Penguin Invitational
Igloo, Rebels and S2S playing.
True merging with B program, train weak.
I’ve heard True coming to LI and merging with a top team?

You do not want to be anywhere near a true program. Believe there is also a child trying to run it.
So 91 pulled 4th grade faceoff guy and goalie and still lost in the 3rd grade tourney?
Yes, several 2031s from 91 playing down with 2032s, heard it was 5 or 6
Yes, several 2031s from 91 playing down with 2032s, heard it was 5 or 6

If you "heard" it was 5 or 6, that means a mom saw a kid who was big for his age and cried about it at the tailgate.
Yes 91 had 31’s playing and still not that good. The Empire is crumbling
What’s the story on the 91 Canes? Any good? Was looking at results from this weekend and hard to tell since don’t recognize any teams they played.
Yes 91 had 31’s playing and still not that good. The Empire is crumbling
What’s the story on the 91 Canes? Any good? Was looking at results from this weekend and hard to tell since don’t recognize any teams they played.

they aren’t good …it’s the B team they got beat by
weaker club teams and a Town travel team
Rebels Roll/Seahawks Win 32 Div and 32 Archers win 31 Div, also win 6 of 8 Divisions, Man the tide has turned. Rebels are taking over, might want to try to get on board.
Rebels Roll/Seahawks Win 32 Div and 32 Archers win 31 Div, also win 6 of 8 Divisions, Man the tide has turned. Rebels are taking over, might want to try to get on board.

rebels 30s team all the kids left
they are struggling bad
don’t geton board that one
Please stop with this Rebels Propaganda. 2027-2030 NO Champions for Rebels! Rebels taking over? Don’t think so.
All quality Rebels kids will leave, owners are money hungry, only a matter of time before parents realize. Number one Rebel goal is to pad their pockets at any cost.
Please stop with this Rebels Propaganda. 2027-2030 NO Champions for Rebels! Rebels taking over? Don’t think so.

rebels 2030 aces is barely a B team with all the kids leaving
Rebels kids didn’t leave. They were missing some this weekend still lost to Igloo by 1 and Express by 2.

Have found the rebels guys are opposite of money hungry. They don’t have fool prices and they post them + they give WAY more than any other club in terms of practices trainings, indoor time and tournaments.

Also did have champs in 26 29 and 30 divisions for the east…. Just saw on their Instagram
Rebel Haters are one of 2
1) Parents of kids that are not good enough to play for them
2) VERY Scared Directors from some programs That are on way down
Rebels Really in Trouble 10 Reasons why they are Top Program on LI
1) 20 Full Time Employees. They are all amazing.
2) Best coaching staffs around
3) Own Indoor Facility, centrally located
4) Ran by a 31-Year-old Michael Brennan(genius),
5) 100 Practices a Year
6) Training with Greg the Beast Gurenlian Every week'
7) National Team and co-Founder of the Circuit
8) The Best Recruiting Staff
9) 95% Retention rate of players
10) They Care about the Kids, and Families
Rebel Haters are one of 2
1) Parents of kids that are not good enough to play for them
2) VERY Scared Directors from some programs That are on way down
Rebels Really in Trouble 10 Reasons why they are Top Program on LI
1) 20 Full Time Employees. They are all amazing.
2) Best coaching staffs around
3) Own Indoor Facility, centrally located
4) Ran by a 31-Year-old Michael Brennan(genius),
5) 100 Practices a Year
6) Training with Greg the Beast Gurenlian Every week'
7) National Team and co-Founder of the Circuit
8) The Best Recruiting Staff
9) 95% Retention rate of players
10) They Care about the Kids, and Families

Rebels are mostly a collection of self absorbed hotheads. This post is a perfect example.

Do t get me wrong. Very happy for you guys, just stop the talking (propaganda), be respectful to all and let the results speak for themselves. Just be quiet.
Rebels are always selling their product. Go to the Rebels and be on one of their 30 subpar B teams so that they can keep the lights on in their facility. Unless you start on the top A team for only a few ages, it’s an absolute money grab. Most learn this as they get older. The owners have such a poor reputation they dont get invited to many tourneys and they had to create their own to compete.
Rebels are always selling their product. Go to the Rebels and be on one of their 30 subpar B teams so that they can keep the lights on in their facility. Unless you start on the top A team for only a few ages, it’s an absolute money grab. Most learn this as they get older. The owners have such a poor reputation they dont get invited to many tourneys and they had to create their own to compete.

They have been running their own tournaments since 2011. The rebels started in 2019. Fact check! Younger teams havent had the chance to age up and leave , its only their 4th year LOL.
Which 2032 town team is next to where the shiny red helmets and get booked in all Rebel tourneys! Create more teams at $3,500 a pop and make sure all tourneys are full.
Embarrassing for town teams to rely on clubs to help run their town team. Town administrators are fools or use as leverage to secure their kid preferential treatment with club. I bet town parent helpers get cost reduction and special treatment for their kids too. Town teams should give clubs the boot, especially for profit clubs.
Good business by Rebels, end of the day, it’s a business and families buying their product, even the watered down version.
Yep. PAL coach wants to keep his crew together. Boom, travel team at Rebels. When kids start to plateau while others continue to improve, the novelty will wear off.
Yep. PAL coach wants to keep his crew together. Boom, travel team at Rebels. When kids start to plateau while others continue to improve, the novelty will wear off.

You’re confusing the purpose of a town team with a club team. Each are important yet have a different purpose. When you combine the two, purpose is blurred. Comment above on kids plateauing is perfect example of club main purpose as opposed to town team.
Maybe you have no clue. CSH is a hot bed. Kids play together, only helps to keep that great tradition rolling. Rebels 32 team just won blatant. Every team they competed against cost more, and get a lot less. It’s actually a brilliant idea.
Maybe you have no clue. CSH is a hot bed. Kids play together, only helps to keep that great tradition rolling. Rebels 32 team just won blatant. Every team they competed against cost more, and get a lot less. It’s actually a brilliant idea.

“CSH 32 team just won blatant” (fixed it for you).

Rebels boosted their brand name because of CSH affiliation and that’s why the families got the discounted rate. Also, CSH lacrosse tradition has always been top tier and nothing was going to change that. So yes, it was a brilliant idea for Rebels to latch onto CSH. An unfortunate outcome will be that Rebels will try and take credit for CSH future success and that dilutes CSH tradition. Shame on anyone who had a hand in changing that tradition. It’s not too late to fix it CSH. Give Rebels the boot. You don’t need them.

“CSH 32 team just won blatant” (fixed it for you).

Rebels boosted their brand name because of CSH affiliation and that’s why the families got the discounted rate. Also, CSH lacrosse tradition has always been top tier and nothing was going to change that. So yes, it was a brilliant idea for Rebels to latch onto CSH. An unfortunate outcome will be that Rebels will try and take credit for CSH future success and that dilutes CSH tradition. Shame on anyone who had a hand in changing that tradition. It’s not too late to fix it CSH. Give Rebels the boot. You don’t need them.

Rebels have been awesome!! You can have the boot.
Why all the Rebels detest? They offer training basically every day only down fall is its in Deer Park - wish they had an indoor location in Nassau.
Spring Challenge light competition, looks like a Rebels vs Shore to Shore showdown.
Oh boy, Rebels in over their heads in the spring challenge. Nice to se another competitive team in the age group.
Who won Rebels or Shore 2 Shore?

Jesters beat Rebels back to back
pretty easily it looks
Neither. Jesters tied Shore2Shore and beat Rebels. Twice.
Spring Challenge light competition, looks like a Rebels vs Shore to Shore showdown.

jesters beat Rebels back to back to win
it
Looks like a new team
Early 2032 rankings
1. Rebels
2. Rebels
3. Rebels

1. Jesters
2. Jesters
3. Jesters
That’s great to have another team in the mix,
Interesting. Rebels beat them by soundly in the fall. Maybe the Jesters brought some of their 2031s down. Not sure the Jesters 31s will come out of hiding. Saw some familiar names on the 32 uniforms.

Jesters beat Rebels back to back
pretty easily it looks

Jesters are good team, rebels were missing 6-7 kids, but nonetheless jesters are very solid!
Jesters also missing 6-7 kids, plus run a 2nd grader.
Jesters is all 2032s (and some 2033). When they played in the fall the team had barely had a practice together.
Jesters, might not want to brag to much. Having 31’s play is not cool.
Rebels, S2S and now Jesters very well coached. Great competition all day among competitive teams, all you can ask for
Same complaining anytime a new team emerges…. Must be using older kids, the opposing team was missing kids, terrible. How about kids trained s a lot in the off-season and as a new team have a few months now of playing together. Rebels and S2S excellent well coached teams, as a spectator, good games to watch. Only positive things for 2032s.
Interesting. Rebels beat them by soundly in the fall. Maybe the Jesters brought some of their 2031s down. Not sure the Jesters 31s will come out of hiding. Saw some familiar names on the 32 uniforms.

fact that you remember 9 year old names on other teams
is definitely a little weird
Playing for a club that focuses on development not just winning games is what you should look for! My son played for the Outlaws for 6 years untail they folded! We should have gone with the Rebels but we wanted to try somthing different and went with Rush! My son was cut after a great first season(2022). Now he plays for Duke that should tell you somthing!
Jesters didn’t have 31, gotta love the Rebel groupies. The type of parents that yell at little Jonny to hit him hard all game, rather than play lacrosse. Here is some advice for Rebels, let your coach actually coach, they are very good coaches, rather than coaching your kids from the side lines.
Seriously the Jesters -Bring all 32's next time. Lacrosse community is a tight group. Cheating will not go well for you in long run.
Parents of Rebels with poor sideline behavior give a very quality club a bad rep, happens at multiple ages, wonder if messaging is sent out by directors to get rid of it
Archers are a B level club, S2S and Jesters significantly better at this point. Let’s not even put them in the same sentence as Igloo. I’m sure Rebels will be playing with 2031 kids next tourney like they usually do to get back on track.
2031 come on. PB knows all Jesters starters, he’s been calling their parents relentlessly for 12 months to come over., go ask him if they are 2032s. Great Rebel narrative, if you lose in a clean well played game by both sides 2x come up with an excuse. Has to be 2031s!!
Jesters 32 have never practiced, scrimmaged or played with 31s. Cab Rebels say the same?

Maybe instead of manufacturing excuses, you should be excited about another quality 32 club.

Rebels are good (if clearly a little insecure). Igloo is a top club. S2S looked great last weekend. 91 Valor is good. Jesters. Express will catch up eventually. That’s a lot of talent for this age group already. Can only make the kids better.
There was not one '31 on Jesters this weekend. Not one. It was a clean win, twice. Expect same results moving forward. Jesters looked two steps ahead this past weekend.
Parents of Rebels with poor sideline behavior give a very quality club a bad rep, happens at multiple ages, wonder if messaging is sent out by directors to get rid of it

It was a completely embarrassing
Head rebels coach on the field screaming , out of control
Jesters totally dominated the game , saying they were missing 6-7 kids ?????
They had a bench of at least 12 !!
Not a good look for that program
When coach is saying we are missing kids in front of his bench 12 deep

Interesting perspective, I saw a Jester’s dad try to pick a fight twice with a group of Rebels parents - really low-class behavior. Fortunately the Rebels parents didn’t take the bait. It’s probably the same Jesters dad that has been all over this board this weekend.

Jesters were the better team on Saturday and deserved to win, will be nice to see this age group develop.

Hopefully the Jesters dad can “act like he’s been there before” and stop trying to stir the pot and create drama. Lots of lacrosse left to play this summer.
How many of these “top” LI teams are gonna play the real talent from MD? My guess is the rebelles and festers want nothing to do with the Hawks, Bethesda or Next Level.
Hey Maryland guys! Don't be afraid to take a trip up north! Water ain't to cold.
So glad to see that Jester’s dad has calmed down and now we can get back to the important stuff - fighting with Maryland dad about 3rd grade lacrosse!
What are jesters tourney schedule
Great point, goal is for LI to dominate 3rd grade lacrosse, all these teams will make each other better, hopefully they play each other a lot this tourney season. Maryland won’t compete with LI 2032s.
When did Jesters create a boys program and where are their players from?
When did Jesters create a boys program and where are their players from?

Started last year

They have 30/31/32

Massapequa based but kids from all over
If the starters are in fact 2032s, Jesters will face the reality of retaining their players, it’s hard to retain top talent especially when more established clubs come calling, the recruiting has already begun
Igloo better players defecting?
Festers and rebelles like to be big fish in small ponds. Won’t play anyone good.

Another summer of challenge-less tournaments on the island and in CT!
NLF Was a Joke. S2S really stepped up in B Tourney
Look forward to watching Igloo crumble
Igloo Yetis, Legacy Black Wolves and Team 91 Valor playing in 2032 NALA tourney in DE this weekend.

I know all three programs have 2 2032 teams. I assume these are their "A" teams?
Last Time 91 Valor played 32, they had 31:s playing, Igloo best by FAR
Think a really excited Manhasset Dad had one too many spiked seltzers at the country club with the guys, Igloo not best by far, lol, no depth, heavy reliance on a few players, think most teams know this by now. Rebels beat them this season and will continue to expose them.
Think a really excited Manhasset Dad had one too many spiked seltzers at the country club with the guys, Igloo not best by far, lol, no depth, heavy reliance on a few players, think most teams know this by now. Rebels beat them this season and will continue to expose them.

Nothing says north shore LI lax like a CSH parent and Manhasset parent arguing about 3rd grade lax! Get these guys a new peter millar 3/4 zip and fresh glass of Chardonnay!
Don’t forget the pastel colored shorts with the sweater around the waste. Spot them a mile away.
Don’t forget the pastel colored shorts with the sweater around the waste. Spot them a mile away.

Let’s leave the locust valley guys out of this.
My son is on a 32 Rebels team now practice once a week. Team needs the work club would give us field space .
True Blue 32s dark horse this summer
True Blue 32s dark horse this summer

they went 1-1-1 in a B tournament
they are not a dark horse
True blue only plays B tourneys in B brackets. Not even in top 10.
True Blue still rolling out teams?
Igloo, 91 and Rebels forming the upper echelon with S2S coming up fast. Where is Express?
Igloo, 91 and Rebels forming the upper echelon with S2S coming up fast. Where is Express?

Is Express even going to try to build a competitive team in this age group? do they just hope to pick off kids from the better programs over the next few years or are they just conceding this age group to 91, Igloo, Rebels?

Is Express even going to try to build a competitive team in this age group? do they just hope to pick off kids from the better programs over the next few years or are they just conceding this age group to 91, Igloo, Rebels?

express lost top kids to Jesters …
Jesters just beat rebels archers twice last tournament
curios to see how they do this week
Express will get their kids, it’s coming in time

express lost top kids to Jesters …
Jesters just beat rebels archers twice last tournament
curios to see how they do this week

Don’t know who those “top kids” were, but they didn’t seem to make much of a difference on Express. I have never seen a competitive 2032 Express team - seems like the club isn’t even trying in this age group.
Express has had a combo 31/32 team, this is the first year of their 32 only team. So last year they were playing in 31 B tourneys. Express will rise above and be on the upper end of rankings, they always do. You think Express owners want to teach ground balls?
I’m hearing Express going to make some noise with coaching announcements, will draw players
If rumors are true, will surly draw players
I’m hearing Express going to make some noise with coaching announcements, will draw players

express announces these big name coaches who coach catholic school they show you 1-2 times and then once school starts you don’t see them till June when it’s over and so is club season

happens every age group
The big names get the talent over
Some talented teams visiting LI this weekend at the Tri-Star, S2S has been very good, can see them taking this tournament
Express has had a combo 31/32 team, this is the first year of their 32 only team. So last year they were playing in 31 B tourneys. Express will rise above and be on the upper end of rankings, they always do. You think Express owners want to teach ground balls?

I heard that the 2032 team is a 33/32 team because they didn’t have enough players for a true 2032, don’t know if that’s true or just an excuse for their poor 2032 showing. In any case, it’s surprising that a top level club like Express can’t field a competitive team. And to act like they could if they wanted to, but the coaches are “too good to teach ground balls” is silly.

Sounds like Express is banking on their reputation to attract talent from the better teams in the next couple of years. It may work, kids leave teams all the time, but Express has got a lot of work to do and is going to have to completely revamp their team to even be able to compete with 91, Igloo, Rebels in this age group.

I heard that the 2032 team is a 33/32 team because they didn’t have enough players for a true 2032, don’t know if that’s true or just an excuse for their poor 2032 showing. In any case, it’s surprising that a top level club like Express can’t field a competitive team. And to act like they could if they wanted to, but the coaches are “too good to teach ground balls” is silly.

Sounds like Express is banking on their reputation to attract talent from the better teams in the next couple of years. It may work, kids leave teams all the time, but Express has got a lot of work to do and is going to have to completely revamp their team to even be able to compete with 91, Igloo, Rebels in this age group.

This is what they always do. If you think Express is not going to have a very competitive team by 6th-7th grade you are only fooling yourself. Ask around to some of the folks that have been through this all before. They rarely have a powerhouse team at the elementary levels. Beat them by 10 while you can.

This is what they always do. If you think Express is not going to have a very competitive team by 6th-7th grade you are only fooling yourself. Ask around to some of the folks that have been through this all before. They rarely have a powerhouse team at the elementary levels. Beat them by 10 while you can.

I don’t know, I have older kids and Express used to consistently field powerhouse elementary teams. I remember them being untouchable at all age levels. It does seem like lately they aren’t putting much into their younger teams and are letting them slip.

That being said, I do think they will be a landing spot for top talent seeking opportunities as they get older. Their reputation is strong and there will be players looking to make changes - other teams will have core groups already established, so Express will a good option. The teams in this age group are going to change quite a bit over the next few years.
NOBODY Running to Express and 91 anymore, Your living in the past. Everything Including lacrosse clubs change.
In Delaware last weekend Team 91 Valor, Igloo Yetis and Legacy Black Wolves all went 4-0 in group play.

Igloo beat Team 91 6-5 for championship.

Legacy lost 7-4 in third place game.

This weekend at Tri-Star Legacy, Express, Jesters and S2S frogmen all playing.
Let’s see if Jesters are for real this weekend
Let’s see if Jesters are for real this weekend

How will we know? none of the top LI teams are at the tournament
Let's hope Jesters learned not to use 31 kids. Lacrosse community a tight bunch. Young club, learning its way. 91 did same at Igloo (They should know Better)
Jesters beat Rebels Archers back to back-that's a tough team and beat all the teams above - so imo must be pretty decent - not sure why folks are hating on 8-9 year old kids. Competition at any age is refreshing and should be welcome. Think all would love to see top LI 2032 teams play each other and not have to drive 4 hours to do it. Keep it home. Rooting for the new kids on the block, live the underdogs.
Jesters beat Rebels Archers back to back-that's a tough team and beat all the teams above - so imo must be pretty decent - not sure why folks are hating on 8-9 year old kids. Competition at any age is refreshing and should be welcome. Think all would love to see top LI 2032 teams play each other and not have to drive 4 hours to do it. Keep it home. Rooting for the new kids on the block, live the underdogs.

Jester has an easy schedule this weekend - they should definitely win. No one is hating on 8-9 year olds - people just get tired of Jester’s dad constantly hyping his team.
Just create a Long Island lacrosse league and call it a day. Like hockey and all will be decided in a regular season schedule plus playoffs. Get the money aspect of tourneys but would solve a lot the nonsense that gets posted here. Can even expand it to regional play. Still have tourneys showcases but there will be no hiding if forced to play each other.

Jester has an easy schedule this weekend - they should definitely win. No one is hating on 8-9 year olds - people just get tired of Jester’s dad constantly hyping his team.

They are hating when they accuse teams of bringing older kids down …
Jesters dad isn’t hyping , he defending against the fool rebels parents
Anytime Rebels lose, all ages, the excuses start coming. They are a good team, but there are other equally good teams. Rebels invented the shared player approach, I’ve watched them shift 2031s to 2032 fields in between games at tourneys, Rebels parents know this. Igloo and 91 have separated themselves, agree with person above, a league would be great and beneficial to all.

They are hating when they accuse teams of bringing older kids down …
Jesters dad isn’t hyping , he defending against the fool rebels parents

Wow, you sound a little cranky! Wish the lacrosse tournaments would implement age verification like other sports do, then all the nonsense of using over-age players or accusing teams of using over-age players could stop.
Every Tourney that's TOP Notch will be age next year. Ages will be Verified.
Anytime Rebels lose, all ages, the excuses start coming. They are a good team, but there are other equally good teams. Rebels invented the shared player approach, I’ve watched them shift 2031s to 2032 fields in between games at tourneys, Rebels parents know this. Igloo and 91 have separated themselves, agree with person above, a league would be great and beneficial to all.

This is completely untrue my son plays on the 2032 team and 2031s have never been shifted onto his team.

I know this board is full of trolls, but that’s ridiculous.

Jesters did not make the top four championship bracket on the weekend. The top 4 are (in order) S2S Frogmen, Legacy Black Wolves, Sweetlax Upstate (Albany), BBL Black (New Jersey)

Jesters did not make the top four championship bracket on the weekend. The top 4 are (in order) S2S Frogmen, Legacy Black Wolves, Sweetlax Upstate (Albany), BBL Black (New Jersey)

Too bad for Jesters, didn’t live up to the hype, S2S won it all.
Igloo never lost to rebels. If I’m wrong prove the game happened with a tourney machine screen shot. Even when they brought older kids to play against the yetis they still lost. Sorry. Just being honest.
Igloo never lost to rebels. If I’m wrong prove the game happened with a tourney machine screen shot. Even when they brought older kids to play against the yetis they still lost. Sorry. Just being honest.

When did they bring older kids to play Igloo?

Rebels never brought older kids to play Yeti. They did, however, win a 2031 tournament with their 2032 team.

Were hoping to get to play Yeti in that championship game, but had to settle for beating the team that knocked Yeti out in the semifinals. Sorry, Just being honest.
This is the most Long Island BadPerson argument I’ve ever witnessed…and I’ve witnessed quite a few
2032 IS SIMPLE ITS
1) Igloo
2) Rebels
3) S2S
91 Valor #2 behind Yeti, but seems close among the top 4 at this point, top tier and second tier are forming. I guess 91 Canes, Legacy, Jesters and True Blue in second tier, but things change quick and lots of kids will be moving after this year .
91 Valor #2 behind Yeti, but seems close among the top 4 at this point, top tier and second tier are forming. I guess 91 Canes, Legacy, Jesters and True Blue in second tier, but things change quick and lots of kids will be moving after this year .

legacy and jesters are better

canes is horrible they don’t beven have a full time coach who knows the kids
TB isn’t much better
S2S will get better next season, boys on the move
No one’s going to S2S- club will be on endangered list soon
For context-Jesters only lost to S2S-finished 4-1. 3 other teams in top 4 played 20mins games opposed to 44mins due to weather later in the day. Jesters knocked out on GA, 4 more than BBL. Is what it is but any level headed person would realize not exactly apples to apples.
Should have pulled top two in each pool imo. Would of been maybe a bit more fair. Why have two pools of taking top 4?
Guess if they did that 3/4 from Long Island and maybe out of town teams don t come back following year, need the $$$. Anyways like someone said earlier, create that league, woukd be awesome to see these teams play each other on a regular basis, would be so good for Long Island lacrosse.
Should have pulled top two in each pool imo. Would of been maybe a bit more fair. Why have two pools of taking top 4?
Guess if they did that 3/4 from Long Island and maybe out of town teams don t come back following year, need the $$$. Anyways like someone said earlier, create that league, woukd be awesome to see these teams play each other on a regular basis, would be so good for Long Island lacrosse.

Not sure why you keep coming back whining that a tournament you lost a week ago wasn’t “fair,” but you seem new to tournaments, so I’ll break it down for you.

Your team was in the smallest/easiest pool. The other pool was larger/had better teams. The only “fair” way to advance teams was through seeding. Congrats on beating the worst teams in the tournament and finishing middle of the pack. You can call yourselves winners of the looser bracket if that makes you feel better (though not sure you actually won the looser bracket because nobody cares!). Time to move on and better luck next tournament.
My son plays for the 91 Valor team, all of the same kids play each game, they don't grab up on the 31 kids. My son is one of the biggest kids on the team, I'll bring in his birth certificate and passport to the next tournament.

Not sure if most of these are troll posts or if some of you really are that bitter and pathetic. Projecting your lifelong athletic insecurities on your children isn't a good look.
So you're saying only loss to the team that handly won the tourney in whining? No one said wasn't fair said is what it is shame we didn't get rematch and knocked out by teams that played less than half the time we did. But all good enjoy ur lax journey-
Let’s stop including Rebels in the top team discussion for this age, they lose to everyone
Outside looking in-Jesters won War of Westchester. Lost 1 game in 3 tourneys. Clown above saying parents are whining wake up and take notice. Eod they are 8-9 years old and developing. None of this matters until they get hair on their nuts, enjoy the ride, goes quick.
Igloo #1 Rebels #2 NO ONE ELSE CLOSE. End of Story. If your kids on Jesters, and very good, Maybe check out Tryout. Sorry, but Jesters are a DEAD End.
Hair on Nuts, Total Class, Jack ___
Jesters beat Rebels twice this spring, Igloo smashed them yesterday. Rebels not looking good at all.
Dead end my [Censored]! Won 2 out of 4 spring tournaments, have gone 11-1-1 this spring. Igloo watch out. Jesters coming for you next.
True Blue 2032 has arrived, a team to watch
Where can I go to find out about all the 2032 tryouts.
S2S Frogmen just won 4 championships in a row. I don’t know if I would call that endangered just yet
True Blue(lost to Rebels Arrows 8-1) not close to top 32 teams that played in 31 bracket. On island it’s simply Iglioo and Rebels. Jesters Dad, please stop.
S2S won their last 4 tournaments. Definitely a team to watch.
Igloo, S2S, and 91 have separated themselves this summer so far. Jesters and Rebels in a second tier below. Looks like a strong age group. Kids will move around after the season.
Jesters beat Rebels Archers Back to Back. Ain't that simple fella. I'd also put S2S Frogmen up there as well. Solid team.
All these teams are good ... for first year teams.
But not compared to established 32 teams. Hawks, Sidewinders, Next Level, Bethesda, Blue Claws, LTLC, Hornets, and Madlax from down South would roast em.
Who are they???? Think your in the wrong chat.
Didn’t Long Island teams go down south already and beat all of these teams easily?
I'm a non-LI Dad but I spent the year at 2032 tournaments against all the LI teams.

Igloo, 91, and S2S are the clear first tier. I would have to put Igloo at the top of that group

Legacy is a level down from that first tier

Jesters is a level down from Legacy

Saw Rebels early in spring but not at any summer tournaments so I can't place them.

I will say the coach that most impressed me the most all summer was the Legacy coach. I don't know his name, but the way he related to and put his kids in a position to succeed made him stand out. He was also the classiest coach I saw on any team at any tournament. We had some of our parents seeking him out after the tournament this weekend to tell him just that.
Nice try, Coach…
Legacy, S2S, Jesters and Rebels can beat each on any given day, they are a tier behind Igloo and 91, they are the clear top tier at this point. Any of those teams would be good destinations for a strong player, but make no mistake all of these coaches are intense. Kids will move this year. Express and 91B who knows, would think would be competitive at some point. True Lacrosse new, time will tell if they pull in a niche of players. Rebels B and C teams very developmental. True Blue team is very new and inexperienced, more for the first time player looking for something a little more than a clinic. Long Island at this age seem way above the Westchester/CT and NJ teams, let’s keep it that way.
Which Legacy coach? Legacy has 9 dad coaches on the sidelines, all dads get a coaching spot with tuition payment. Saw them a few weeks ago, very strange scene.
Rebels Beat 91 only time they played this spring. Have not lost to S2S Legacy not in conversation
Rebels Beat 91 only time they played this spring. Have not lost to S2S Legacy not in conversation

Jesters beat rebels back to back ….. just saying
I promise you I am not a Legacy coach. I honestly do not know the name of the coach I am referring (Legacy Black Wolves). They always had two coaches on the sideline and I am referring to the head coach.

We played Legacy 6 times this summer. The beat us the first four times in competitive games. We tied the fifth. We then beat them pretty bad in the Prime Time championship this weekend, finally getting to them. We also beat Jesters in the tournament this weekend.

We have played all the teams discussed in the forum from March through this past weekend. We were able to close the gap as the team got more experience. LI teams are still certainly ahead of NY non-LI and NJ teams, but the gap (to the top non-LI teams at least) closed as the summer went on.
That BBL/Black Wolves game on Saturday at Prime Time was as fun as I have seen at this age. That ending, for a game ending in a tie (Legacy was three men down), was as enjoyable as I have seen.
BBL a good squad. Will be lots of 2/3 goal games among all these teams. Igloo figured out faceoff play sooner than the other teams, that gap will close and will bring them back to the pack. Other than faceoff play, they are same as others.
S2S will be vastly improved next season, they are recruiting hard.
There are a lot of good options out there for this age group, doesn’t even consider Express. Once Express decides their serious, will add another option. Only so much talent to go around. The top players will hang around until the best teams start to surface then jump a year or two before the World Series of lacrosse, always happens that way. I’d expect 91 and Express to be tops at this age group in time. 91 already on its way, Express will have some work to do in recruiting. The smaller clubs won’t stand a chance in keeping their players. True Lacrosse making a push for Rebels kids?
Agree with above, all these teams for now are closely matched. Their will be a consolidation of talent over next year or two, that’s just the way it goes. My money on S2S given their coaching staff.
I’ve seen all of these teams this spring/summer with the exception of 91. Playing Igloo to a OT finish at NAL speaks volumes though.

Igloo a notch above, but they have been together and practiced together the longest.

Shore, Legacy and Jesters all had strong seasons and closed the gap. Will be interesting to see if they can grab any new players in tryouts and build on their success.

Rebels have come back to the pack a bit, but are still a quality AA team.

We are all still waiting on Express to get serious. I assume that happens within the next year or two.
Massive tryouts at Rebels today. 80 Plus kids
Who cares
Rebels directors nice work, how many teams next season 4 or 5? Sell the training year around, the facility, and then come spring time put them all in C brackets, with sub par coaching, but who cares since you got your $4k per kid.
C Brackets? Seriously
Not true. The Rebels (Archers) played 91 (Valor) twice. The last time they tied but 91 was clearly in control throughout the game. The fact that the Rebel team was celebrating the tie and 91 was upset with it speaks volumes
When you send 9,000 emails recruiting, 80 plus kids = parents with FOMO. Means zilch.
Not true. The Rebels (Archers) played 91 (Valor) twice. The last time they tied but 91 was clearly in control throughout the game. The fact that the Rebel team was celebrating the tie and 91 was upset with it speaks volumes

91 was up 4-1 and rebels came back. Rebels advanced to champ and 91 was knocked out hence the celebration. Nice try tho.

Has 91 ever beaten rebels?
This whole thread is sad and disappointing. Are we really criticizing teams comprised of 7/8/9 yr olds? From what I've seen, there are a lot of solid teams out there and a lot of great talent and lax IQ at such a young age. The future will remain bright for LI Lax.
Very true, this whole thread is toxic. I'm actually disappointed in myself for feeding into it at all. Let's all enjoy watching the kids play lacrosse. At the end of the day we should all be happy they have solid local competition.
91 better and Igloo worse coming out of tryouts. Rebels losing kids to True Lacrosse and Express East, S2S making upgrades on an already strong team, Express still non-existent. Looking forward to the fall
True lacrosse NOT Fielding any Teams.
Rebels Archers looking gooodddd!
Fake News. Rebels blow
Yes, your right Rebels Blow you away this fall, S2S Dad
Rebels Archers were a B team in the spring, why are they being discussed? Rebels directors at it again…. Go get a hobby PB.
Looks like Jesters upgrading big time. Within 1 year, able to field two complete teams at 32. Black team will be very strong from the looks of it.
Thanks Jesters coach. Good luck. Impossible for the small club to compete with the larger clubs, eventually strong talent will move once parents realize the impact of not being part of the bigger lacrosse community. 91, Express, Shore, etc., in a year or two will pick up the phone and recruit any player they want for their top team, that’s a fact.
Are the Jesters the Epic Jokers? What happened to them?
Similar logos and sized club, maybe
Have to say after reading this some pathetic Dads trying to stir the pot. Classless LI lacrosse.
Annapolis Hawks would destroy any of these teams. But they prefer to beat up on the C bracket LI teams.
What will southern teams do now that age verification is here? No more cheating
Ha. A few teams like that out there
Are the Jesters the Epic Jokers? What happened to them?

Absorbed by the Rebels
I'm genuinely curious how you would even know that about each team. My son is on one of those teams and I'm 90% sure the roster hasn't been posted yet.
Seems like S2S and 91 made the biggest upgrades, expect them to take a step into the top 2 spots, they will continue to grab top talent, with Igloo close behind, then Legacy and Rebels. S2S and Legacy appear to have the strongest coaching. Most really talented kids will end up on one of these teams. Express will jump into the ring at some point and the deck will shuffle a little again. Given their national recognition, True Lacrosse will figure it out at some point and find a niche at this age, not this upcoming year though. All the rest, B2B, Moose, Express East, 91B, Rebels B, Jesters, True Blue, Turtles, are good destinations if the training is good; but talent seems to be tough to keep at this level as kids (and their parents) see the teams above getting high profile exposure, entering great tournaments, great social media, getting the better tourney invites, etc. good luck to all families; boys are young, more about developing love for the game for the long term and around positive people.
Seems like S2S and 91 made the biggest upgrades, expect them to take a step into the top 2 spots, they will continue to grab top talent, with Igloo close behind, then Legacy and Rebels. S2S and Legacy appear to have the strongest coaching. Most really talented kids will end up on one of these teams. Express will jump into the ring at some point and the deck will shuffle a little again. Given their national recognition, True Lacrosse will figure it out at some point and find a niche at this age, not this upcoming year though. All the rest, B2B, Moose, Express East, 91B, Rebels B, Jesters, True Blue, Turtles, are good destinations if the training is good; but talent seems to be tough to keep at this level as kids (and their parents) see the teams above getting high profile exposure, entering great tournaments, great social media, getting the better tourney invites, etc. good luck to all families; boys are young, more about developing love for the game for the long term and around positive people.

Again how do you even get this information? I haven't even seen an updated roster for my son's team.
I would have to say the most important thing is playing time above level. If your kid starts on a B team he has to be slightly above average. If he is second or third string on a AA team again he is slightly above average. The fall off comes after the starters on B teams.
As far as how people know information its simply because the kids are friends and they share the info. All top players: AA and B starters talk/ play PAL and either goto school or are friends of friends by now.
This is a fair argument. Playing time is important, but it’s also a good balance of practice vs games. Games are part of the experience, but practice is where you get better, and practice against better players is how you get better. Practice against below average players is only a boost to your sons confidence. It is a struggle for parents, but you have to weigh all these when choosing a team. 2032 is a little young, which is why having a good teacher/coach is most important. Playing for a top team should be the goal no later than 5th/6th grade. Bus has left the station by 7th.
Igloo handles all those teams in Hershey fairly easily
This is a fair argument. Playing time is important, but it’s also a good balance of practice vs games. Games are part of the experience, but practice is where you get better, and practice against better players is how you get better. Practice against below average players is only a boost to your sons confidence. It is a struggle for parents, but you have to weigh all these when choosing a team. 2032 is a little young, which is why having a good teacher/coach is most important. Playing for a top team should be the goal no later than 5th/6th grade. Bus has left the station by 7th.

Anybody who chooses less playing time to practice is making a a mistake. That’s my opinion and it’s based on years of club experience. I have heard 100 rationalizations over the years of why parents put their kids on teams where they don’t play. But it all boils down to…A team envy.
S2S not even top 5. Play in Columbus Day, Fall Jam, or Tristar. Stop your talking and step up.
S2S proved they are top 3 this year, go find a better coaching staff
Observation from a person

Igloo is far and above the best team due to talent. I think they only lost 1 game in their age brackets the last few years and it was to a Maryland team.

Rebels Archers- well-coached and play extremely hard. They do not have the talent Igloo has but always play them very tough with a few exceptions.

Shore to Shore Frogmen-up and coming squad with some top talent but lacks depth for now but their tryouts were successful. Great coach and culture. On the rise for sure

91 Valor- it's 91 so you are always getting top coaching and good talent. They added a few big players during tryouts and are getting better. Good Culture

Legacy Black Wolves- By far the best coaching staff in the business. Kids come first and culture is everything. They took their lumps as 2nd graders but made tremendous strides as 3rd graders.

Some may agree and Some may disagree. None of it really matters
What will southern teams do now that age verification is here? No more cheating!

What will the Northern teams do now that age verification is here? No more excuses for losing!
Thinking of calling Igloo for a supplemental tryout, can someone provide some info on that team?
Please don’t come on this site and speak negatively about Igloo or our 2027 Igloo coach. These are good men that put this kids first.
Thank you
it’s so funny watching people talk to themselves on here 😂
Looks like S2S and 91 clear top choices, Rebels close behind. Igloo has some coaching controversy, plus team dominated by a few players. Legacy on the rise too.
91 def top choice, the above statement must be a shore parent as they arent very good, don’t deserve to be in the discussion at all. Igloo has one player who scores 96% of their goals, he will make the jump to 91 or express after this season. Igloo lost best pole to 91, after that its very slim in terms of talent. Legacy and Rebels will always be decent but wont be able to compete long term. Express doesnt care about this age group until 6th grade but will poach all the best players from the teams above.
Agree 91 top choice and will gradually get better, a lot of the 91 kids will eventually be moved to the B team as they have a huge decline in skill once you get past the starters. These openings will get filled from the better players from S2S, Legacy and Igloo. Rebels will continue to be solid, but not at the level of these other clubs as time goes on. No other team outside this group will be able to compete. You may get some outlier kids from other clubs that are solid, but would expect them to move to one of the teams above. Agree with above, Express will show up at some point and will be a desirable landing spot especially for the family looking to send their kid to catholic school.
91 dad has been all over this board agreeing with himself that 91 is “def top choice” for the past few weeks, but who did 91 actually beat this season?

They didn’t beat Igloo or Rebels. Did they beat Legacy or S2S? Seems like there are several good teams in this age group, not seeing there’s a “def top choice,” though…..
91 was hiding all summer, assuming they come out of hiding this fall?
91 Lost to rebels using 31 players, that gets ZERO respect.
Fake News
I thought the Rebels were the team to beat at all ages???
Did Igloo keep their coach for this age group or go in a different direction?
Why would they change coaches. He's lost one game in age group in 2 seasons?
Fake news
Heard 91 got some good players from igloo
91 find out where Rebels, and Igloo are playing, show up.
91 always gets better as they get older, no surprise here.
If 91 took some of Igloos best players they should be the the favorite going in. 91 lost in OT last time they played. Igloo was lucky to win.
No reason to compare 91 and Igloo. 91 a national powerhouse, Igloo a local club who puts some nice teams together from time to time. All talent will go in one of two ways, 91 or Express in time.
Igloo stinks. 1 kid left. Game over. Haven’t seen that before.
Why is Igloo done? How many kids did Igloo lose?
Igloo isn’t done, just a 91 parent stirring the pot
Any views on True Blue vs Be the Best at this age?

I saw both teams play in June, TB was definitely better, Be the Best wasn’t very good - also saw some really rude behavior from their coaches, that would make me avoid that club.

I saw both teams play in June, TB was definitely better, Be the Best wasn’t very good - also saw some really rude behavior from their coaches, that would make me avoid that club.

Both are bottom. B brackets teams
In that area Jesters is a better team to go to
Is it true that the 91 Empire team folded?
Empire has been owned by 91 for a while now. Decided to advertise it. I believe they lost 3-4 younger teams. 80 plus kids left 91. How did that work out for them.

Be the Best, True Blue and Jesters compete for kids in that south shore Nassau area, Jesters and True Blue close and better than Be the Best. Many of the talented Nassau south shore kids play for 91 or Shore to Shore.

Be the Best, True Blue and Jesters compete for kids in that south shore Nassau area, Jesters and True Blue close and better than Be the Best. Many of the talented Nassau south shore kids play for 91 or Shore to Shore.

A bunch of Jesters kids beat a group of 91 AA kids this weekend at Point Lookout Beach tourney... I'm thinking many of the talented south shore kids are actually playing Jesters now.
Jesters will struggle to hold onto their talent
Jesters will struggle to hold onto their talent

Did not age like you said. Can you explain.
I know we are talking about LI….Sweetlax Upstate is as good or better than these teams. Orange Crush just loaded up with talent with 32’s also.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum