@BackOfTheCAGE
Discussion thread for community members interested in the Long Island Liberty including club information, coaching, teams, tournaments, and game play.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Long Island Liberty Lacrosse -
Results for the Long Island Liberty at the Lax Inception in Maryland. The 2012 Black finished over the 2012 Yellow Jackets Gold. The 2013 Black was outgunned in top flight. The 2013 Red finished over the 2013 Yellow Jacket Black.

2012 Black : 2W-1L-1T, 34GF, 30GA, Third
2012 Red : 2W-2L-0T, 32GF, 31GA, Third

2013 Black : 0W-4L-0T, 25GF, 55GA, Sixth
2013 Red : 3W-1L-0T, 28GF, 27GA, Second

2014 Black : 2W-2L-0T, 37GF, 32GA, Third
2014 Red : 1W-1L-2T, 35GF, 28GA, Fourth
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Results for the Long Island Liberty at the Lax Inception in Maryland. The 2012 Black finished over the 2012 Yellow Jackets Gold. The 2013 Black was outgunned in top flight. The 2013 Red finished over the 2013 Yellow Jacket Black.

2012 Black : 2W-1L-1T, 34GF, 30GA, Third
2012 Red : 2W-2L-0T, 32GF, 31GA, Third

2013 Black : 0W-4L-0T, 25GF, 55GA, Sixth
2013 Red : 3W-1L-0T, 28GF, 27GA, Second

2014 Black : 2W-2L-0T, 37GF, 32GA, Third
2014 Red : 1W-1L-2T, 35GF, 28GA, Fourth

2015?
The Liberty 2015 teams did not play at the Lax Inception but attended Lax by the Sea in New Jersey based on what we have been told. Liberty 2015 Black was in the 2015 Rip Curl division and the Liberty 2015 Blue played in the 2015 Billabong division. We do not have individual game results but can confirm that neither team placed in the playoff finals.
Does anybody know about the Liberty developmental program?
Why did the Liberty 2014 Team (rising 9th graders) play "down" in the 8th grade division at LI Laxfest. They beat up on everyone.
Why did the Liberty 2014 Team (rising 9th graders) play "down" in the 8th grade division at LI Laxfest. They beat up on everyone.

Too bad they are not playing at the yJ tourney this weekend. WOuld be a fun game between Liberty 2014 and YJ 2014.

If by "rising 9th graders" you mean the girls entering HS/9th grade in September, those would be 2015, not 2014.

Too bad they are not playing at the yJ tourney this weekend. WOuld be a fun game between Liberty 2014 and YJ 2014.

YJ 2014 beat them already this year! It wasn't much of a game.
Which team is the better of the Liberty teams Black or Red
Which team is the better of the Liberty teams Black or Red

Black is Liberty's best team in every age group. Liberty Black teams match up well with the best teams in the country.
no way, in the country, not even in top 3 in county
no way, in the country, not even in top 3 in county

They often come in top four in the major national recruiting events. And they beat all Long Island teams easily, with the exception of the Jackets. Sorry, it's the truth.

Now go back to Top Guns or Express board and keep dreaming.
it goes
Black
red
blue

good coaches go to the black.
why did 2015 black play in these tournaments ... thats bad

Congratulations to the 2015 Black Team — LI Lax Fest Champions and LI Beach Bums Champions

Congratulations to the 2015 Black Team — LI Lax Fest Champions and LI Beach Bums Champions
Since BOTC was at the Beach Bums Babylon LAX Blast tournament, we can specifically discuss this item. We spoke with Pam (Liberty Coach) at the event and she told us that the club was looking to do something local that weekend given other travels and the weekends simply aligned for the club. There was nothing "bad" about the Beach Bums event and we can tell you that Greg Antolini and team put on a terrific show on many different levels. Your opinion is ill-informed. Why not attend one of these events before offering the "bad" label?

At Lax Fest the Liberty 2015's who were all rising 9th graders played in the 8th grade division. Every other team were rising 8th graders.
If you are going to claim that you can compete with the best teams in the nation perhaps playing in these local type tournaments while avoiding the yj local tourney is a concern
it goes
Black
red
blue

good coaches go to the black.

Are the rumors true..only black and red teams for 2015 next year?
If you are going to claim that you can compete with the best teams in the nation perhaps playing in these local type tournaments while avoiding the yj local tourney is a concern
Understand your view, but we are reacting to different points. You are reacting to the competition level in general while BOTC was reacting to the "bad" label with Babylon LAX Blast event.

Back on point, BOTC has been very vocal (both at the Yellow Jackets showcase and at the Babylon LAX Blast) that Long Island girls lacrosse in general could do a MUCH (did we underscore "much") better job in terms of co-support.

Further, it is our educated view is that if some of the contenders reached out to support the Yellow Jackets events as a starting point, the whole environment locally would improve. In particular, BOTC thinks that ignoring the Showcase simply because of club differences does nothing but hurt the players.
yes - only 2 teams for 2015 for next year. Honestly think this is a good idea
I was not saying the tournament was bad I think its good for towns teams to have local tournaments .I was trying to say the 2015 black which is a very good team should be playing in bigger tournaments than that . The 2015 black team should not be playing town teams.
I was not saying the tournament was bad I think its good for towns teams to have local tournaments .I was trying to say the 2015 black which is a very good team should be playing in bigger tournaments than that . The 2015 black team should not be playing town teams.

They should NOT be playing teams a full year younger than them either like they did at Lax Fest.

They should NOT be playing teams a full year younger than them either like they did at Lax Fest.

My daughter does not play for either YJ blue or Liberty black but she does have friends who play for both. Everytime Liberty black loses to yj blue they say the coach cheated or had extra players. They are not that good the liberty black. They are about equal to yj gold

I agree. 2015 Black is very strong. This must have been a scheduling mess up (them playing down in one tournament) or they are just supporting local tournaments. They played correct age at all Lax for Cure tournaments throughout the years, which is a big one.

Liberty goes to very competitive tournamnets, and I am sure they go to more as the girls hit high school. My goodness, they support one local tournament, get placed in a younger bracket, and suddenly people start saying they don't play competitively. Unbelievable.

Their 2012 Black came in second in a huge tournament this year.

I agree. 2015 Black is very strong. This must have been a scheduling mess up (them playing down in one tournament) or they are just supporting local tournaments. They played correct age at all Lax for Cure tournaments throughout the years, which is a big one.

Liberty goes to very competitive tournamnets, and I am sure they go to more as the girls hit high school. My goodness, they support one local tournament, get placed in a younger bracket, and suddenly people start saying they don't play competitively. Unbelievable.

which one? who did they lose to?

Lax for the Cure this year. Not sure who they lost to, but Liberty Black came in second place.

My daughter does not play for either YJ blue or Liberty black but she does have friends who play for both. Everytime Liberty black loses to yj blue they say the coach cheated or had extra players. They are not that good the liberty black. They are about equal to yj gold

2015 Yellow Jackets Blue, 2015 Yellow Jackets Gold, and 2015 Liberty Black are all very strong teams.

So your daughter plays for neither the Yellow Jackets or Liberty, yet you know the details of of the talent level of Yellow Jackets Blue, Yellow Jackets Gold, and Liberty Black? And you are posting on the Liberty forum?

So what team does your daughter play on?

Lax for the Cure this year. Not sure who they lost to, but Liberty Black came in second place.

From a previous "CageSage" post:

"LAX FOR THE CURE LIST OF TEAM WINNERS"

2012: STEPS Elite 2012 Blue
Runner Up: Liberty 2012

"In the 2012 group, the Yellow Jackets 2012 Blue ran second in group play." which means they did not advance to the quarterfinals.

Before YJ promoters go crazy, this was just ONE tournament. YJs won many tournaments. It just shows you that there are other high quality programs out there, and not just from the Liberty or YJs either.

From a previous "CageSage" post:

"LAX FOR THE CURE LIST OF TEAM WINNERS"

2012: STEPS Elite 2012 Blue
Runner Up: Liberty 2012

"In the 2012 group, the Yellow Jackets 2012 Blue ran second in group play." which means they did not advance to the quarterfinals.

Before YJ promoters go crazy, this was just ONE tournament. YJs won many tournaments. It just shows you that there are other high quality programs out there, and not just from the Liberty or YJs either.

I am sure there is more to it, like did YJ blue play in a higher bracket? Give all details please, not just what suits your team. We wont be having this discussion next year as I hear Liberty has lost a lot of players.
It looks like it was Cagesage (the moderator) who wrote the results, not anyone associated with any team, so I am not sure what your issue is? You think Cagesage is biased? Come on already.

Word is the Jackets are losing players left and right, not the other way around.

Please go beat your drum on the Yellow Jackets Board.

It looks like it was Cagesage (the moderator) who wrote the results, not anyone associated with any team, so I am not sure what your issue is? You think Cagesage is biased? Come on already.

Word is the Jackets are losing players left and right, not the other way around.

So Liberty is eliminating teams. Why? Oh because they had such a good turnout. OK, keep fooling yourself. See you at lax for a cure, but that's about it cause all the other tourns you attend are for, well, liberty

So Liberty is eliminating teams. Why? Oh because they had such a good turnout. OK, keep fooling yourself. See you at lax for a cure, but that's about it cause all the other tourns you attend are for, well, liberty

Huh? Older grades go to all major events.

Why are you yellow jacket parents on the Liberty forum? Are you that threatened? Both programs are great, and let's not get so nasty.

Huh? Older grades go to all major events.

Why are you yellow jacket parents on the Liberty forum? Are you that threatened? Both programs are great, and let's not get so nasty.

YJ parents on here because that is who they are. It starts at the top and permeates down though the coaches and then into the players.
you haven't learned yet ,,,,, that is just the way they are. the YJ parents I mean,,,, yes they are threatened, with much more clubs around now, they aint what they use to be. every year the gap between YJ and other LI clubs gets less and less. and they are scared. just wait another 3, 4 years when these 2019, 2018 are HS age. you will see the changing of the guard.
The Coaches at YJ are awesome!! Know need to bash them becasue of some parents that are board all day on this site
you haven't learned yet ,,,,, that is just the way they are. the YJ parents I mean,,,, yes they are threatened, with much more clubs around now, they aint what they use to be. every year the gap between YJ and other LI clubs gets less and less. and they are scared. just wait another 3, 4 years when these 2019, 2018 are HS age. you will see the changing of the guard.
Friends, this thread is to be focused on the Long Island Liberty program - this is not about the Yellow Jackets program. If you want to compare games and results head-to-head, fine, but please let's avoid hijacking this thread. Suggesting that any one program is "scared" is just silly. As for more competition emerging, yes, we think you will see other programs begin to emerge over time to take a crack at the Long Island Girls Lacrosse market. However, that does not mean that the entrenched leaders will lose their dominant position.
The Coaches at YJ are awesome!! Know need to bash them becasue of some parents that are board all day on this site
The capitalization (Coaches) and incorrect spellings/usage (Know as opposed to "No", becasue as opposed to "because", board as opposed to "bored") leave a finger print of who the poster was. Who would post with these errors? Who would be posting as a pro-YJ supporter at the coaching level? Who has been upset that this site (which is good for Long Island LAX) even exists? Who has something to lose?
The capitalization (Coaches) and incorrect spellings/usage (Know as opposed to "No", becasue as opposed to "because", board as opposed to "bored") leave a finger print of who the poster was. Who would post with these errors? Who would be posting as a pro-YJ supporter at the coaching level? Who has been upset that this site (which is good for Long Island LAX) even exists? Who has something to lose?
Either I do not get your attempt at humor or you must really be grasping at straws to try and knock some yj supporter. More likely the post was from some kid on the yj that really likes her coach. Feel free to correct all the spelling and grammer you like.

Don't exactly know if what you predict here will happen, but it does appear the landscape is rapidly changing. As far as the stigma of yellowjacket parents....I now concede, many certainly are over the top. This over the top yellowjacket parent sentiment is something I heard whispers of when my daughter first started in girl's lacrosse. Never thought much about it early on for the first few years. Then you start playing the yellowjacket teams, and I will give the girls/club credit here, they are good. But... You notice the parent behavior on the sidelines and it's comical. Now yes many teams have parents like this, but yellowjackets undoubtedly has a very high percentage of the parents compared. Then comes the casual girl's lacrosse discussions you get into with people, and again there is a certain distain for all other clubs that is wide spread with so many of these parents and players too. Then lastly, with the one year anniversary of Back of the Cage, I've spent time on the threads for the last year. Here it is in black and white on display for all to see. Go on the yellow jacket thread or any other clubs thread and there will be yellowjacket parents bashing everybody and telling you how much better their club is than yours. Good for them, I guess. So, as I said, I now concede to the whispers. The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.
Not sure where to put this but it would be interesting to see a listing of what the girl's clubs' affiliations are (where directers and coaches are from or significant amounts of players). I'll start (and feel free to correct me if you think or know that I'm wrong):

Liberty: Manhasset, North Shore

Express: Ward Melville, Kings Park

YJ: Northport, Farmingdale, Cold Spring Harbor, ESM, Mt. Sinai, Lindenhurst, Garden City, I'm sure I'm missing some

Top Guns: North Babylon, Northwestern

fl$: Stoneybrook, CWPost

Premier Lacrosse: Commack, HHH
The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.

Just like on the fields, I think we're talking about only a few psycho's posting most of the crazy messages...

2014 Team did not play in the LI Lax Fest. The 2015 team played. Get your facts straight!!!!!!
I could be wrong as well but I am not aware of any HILLS on Premier Lacrosse.
Have you ever thought about why very few teams participate in the YJS tourney's????? Poorly run
Not sure where to put this but it would be interesting to see a listing of what the girl's clubs' affiliations are (where directers and coaches are from or significant amounts of players). I'll start (and feel free to correct me if you think or know that I'm wrong):

Liberty: Manhasset, North Shore

Express: Ward Melville, Kings Park

YJ: Northport, Farmingdale, Cold Spring Harbor, ESM, Mt. Sinai, Lindenhurst, Garden City, I'm sure I'm missing some

Top Guns: North Babylon, Northwestern

fl$: Stoneybrook, CWPost

Premier Lacrosse: Commack, HHH

I know top guns draws players from one end of the island to the other, north and south shore.

Don't exactly know if what you predict here will happen, but it does appear the landscape is rapidly changing. As far as the stigma of yellowjacket parents....I now concede, many certainly are over the top. This over the top yellowjacket parent sentiment is something I heard whispers of when my daughter first started in girl's lacrosse. Never thought much about it early on for the first few years. Then you start playing the yellowjacket teams, and I will give the girls/club credit here, they are good. But... You notice the parent behavior on the sidelines and it's comical. Now yes many teams have parents like this, but yellowjackets undoubtedly has a very high percentage of the parents compared. Then comes the casual girl's lacrosse discussions you get into with people, and again there is a certain distain for all other clubs that is wide spread with so many of these parents and players too. Then lastly, with the one year anniversary of Back of the Cage, I've spent time on the threads for the last year. Here it is in black and white on display for all to see. Go on the yellow jacket thread or any other clubs thread and there will be yellowjacket parents bashing everybody and telling you how much better their club is than yours. Good for them, I guess. So, as I said, I now concede to the whispers. The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.

First, with all anonymous posts how do you know who is really making the post.
Second, many of the YJ posts on other boards are in response to those club parents. All of these other clubs compare themselves to the best, YJ. YJ simply respond.
Finally, the factt that everyone is talking about YJ speaks for itself.
The parent’s behavior, for better or for worse, on these message boards is killing the clubs reputation.
Just curious what on this thread was said that you feel it is killing the clubs reputation. My guess is you will cite nothing . As is normal human behavior people seem to go after the so called people at the top. The yankees and dallas cowboys are some of the most hated teams around because of their past success, and the haters cite the same things about their fans you guys say about yj parents.Seems silly to say the parents take on your perceived yj attitude when they come from such varied backrounds. Just ignorant.

The yankees and dallas cowboys are some of the most hated teams around because of their past success, and the haters cite the same things about their fans you guys say about yj parents.

Just curious what on this thread was said that you feel it is killing the clubs reputation. My guess is you will cite nothing

Keep guessing then, because your guess is wrong.

Look at post 4852 on this board, where the results of a big tournament were posted (originally by the moderator), and Liberty Black did very well (lost in the final), while YJ Blue did not make it to the quarterfinals. The person even went on to COMPLIMENT the YJs, saying this was only one tournament and the YJs win many tournaments.

This did not prevent a YJ parent to immediately attack, where he said that there must be an excuse why YJ Blue lost (there was no excuse, I was there), then he accuses the poster of distorting the facts (there was no distortion), and then he attacks a competing program (by making up stuff).

And you don't think this reflects badly on the YJs?

Just curious what on this thread was said that you feel it is killing the clubs reputation. My guess is you will cite nothing . As is normal human behavior people seem to go after the so called people at the top. The yankees and dallas cowboys are some of the most hated teams around because of their past success, and the haters cite the same things about their fans you guys say about yj parents.Seems silly to say the parents take on your perceived yj attitude when they come from such varied backrounds. Just ignorant.

These few parents are not killing YJ reputation. All the clubs have these same crazy parents
... And you don't think this reflects badly on the YJs?
Several very important points about this entire topic. First, the Yellow Jackets are the "big dogs" in town and as a result, their teams always have a target on their backs. Therefore, should the team take their foot off the accelerator in game play for the sake of development, questions are asked about the status of the entire program. You have seen these comments here on BOTC. As a result, the response is to actually press harder.

Second, the Yellow Jackets attract some of the best players from Long Island and beyond. With that caliber of player comes a certain competitive level, seen as edgey by some, dirty by others. The top level players just play the game harder for want of a better word which is a second area where their teams are challenged.

Third, with competitive players come parents who are usually quite dedicated to helping their child compete at the top levels. Therefore, you will see on occasion, more competitive parents on the sidelines. Now, one team might be more extreme than the next, but you could see that with any Long Island elite team. The point is that seriously invested parents will tend to be more competitive and that will be seen in both the sideline personality and the image the team projects.

Finally, when you add up these three key parameters, you come to the tone and style set at the Director level. The Yellow Jackets do maintain an attitude that when you come to play them, particularly at a tournament with a championship format, bring your "A" game. Certainly, you know that their club teams will.

So, coming back to the question - does it reflect badly on the Yellow Jackets? Honestly, no. BOTC believes that some of the attitude comes from within and some comes from the background chatter that has existed long before BOTC came on the air. Much of this is the result of being the hunted dogs for a decade. If another franchise overtook the Jackets in the next two years, these headlines would all be yesterday's news.
Best post thus far in regards to attitudes by and against yj parents and players,could not agree more cage sage.Now this thread should deal with Liberty, that being said where can i find some of the college comitments of the older liberty girls.
I know top guns draws players from one end of the island to the other, north and south shore.

Maybe so, but that's not the point. Tthe bulk of the players for TG are, as I understand, centered on the south shore around the Babylons. Furthermore, kids from those areas are much less likely to go to other clubs because of the high school coach affiliations. It's pretty safe to assume that there isn't a single Manhasset, Northport, or Ward Melville kid on TG.
I could be wrong as well but I am not aware of any HILLS on Premier Lacrosse.

i thought that there was a coach connection.
"I am sure there is more to it, like did YJ blue play in a higher bracket? Give all details please, not just what suits your team. We wont be having this discussion next year as I hear Liberty has lost a lot of players."
"This did not prevent a YJ parent to immediately attack, where he said that there must be an excuse why YJ Blue lost (there was no excuse, I was there), then he accuses the poster of distorting the facts (there was no distortion), and then he attacks a competing program (by making up stuff)."
You must be a little dramatic, first how do you know this was a yj parent, you don't you just assumed it to be. Second,he asks for more info and you feel this is distorting the facts.If you feel this post was an attack then I know why you probably feel the yj players are too agressive because you are very dramatic in your descriptions.And what exactly are you accusing him of making up? Try not to be so dramatic.

Best post thus far in regards to attitudes by and against yj parents and players,could not agree more cage sage.Now this thread should deal with Liberty, that being said where can i find some of the college comitments of the older liberty girls.
Agreed that we will focus this thread once again on Liberty activity.

libertylax.com, click "alumni", very strong list
I am the father of a 2015 black player . First both 91 lacrosse and L.I. beach bums asked liberty to attend those tournament with the understanding that they would play in a 2015 age group . It was done as a favor and the team went in with only 13 girls because on such short notice , not all the girls could attend. Second , the obnoxious Yellow jacket parent that says that black is as good as YJ gold , Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine . Both teams are top notch , and very good. Lastly I was at liberty tryout this year and they could easily have fielded 3 teams, the reason for 2 is that Liberty will not just field a team simply for the sake of fielding a team,
sorry sage black made semifinals and
lost a tough 1 goal game
When did you play Yj blue
2 years ago lax for a cure

Maybe so, but that's not the point. Tthe bulk of the players for TG are, as I understand, centered on the south shore around the Babylons. Furthermore, kids from those areas are much less likely to go to other clubs because of the high school coach affiliations. It's pretty safe to assume that there isn't a single Manhasset, Northport, or Ward Melville kid on TG.

Yeah, I don't think a kid on the Northport school team would get much playing time if she were a TopGun player. Conflict of intrests.
"Second , the obnoxious Yellow jacket parent that says that black is as good as YJ gold , Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine "
You obviously feel you are much better than the yj gold at your age in that you feel the need to knock them. Have you played them and if so what was the score.The list of your teams accomplishments is what exactly? If you actually believe you are on the same level as 2015 blue , you are clearly dillusional. Have you played tg or yj blue , yj gold in this age gruop in the last year , just curious and no I do not have a child in this age group but have played against all the above teams.
"Second , the obnoxious Yellow jacket parent that says that black is as good as YJ gold , Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine "
You obviously feel you are much better than the yj gold at your age in that you feel the need to knock them. Have you played them and if so what was the score.The list of your teams accomplishments is what exactly? If you actually believe you are on the same level as 2015 blue , you are clearly dillusional. Have you played tg or yj blue , yj gold in this age gruop in the last year , just curious and no I do not have a child in this age group but have played against all the above teams.

you have played against these teams in different years, so that means EVERY year must be the same? Not sure that is a valid argument.

That would mean if Wantagh Varsity beats Hicksville Varsity in football, then the Wantagh JV football team is better that Hicksville JV.

Doesn't work like that I am afraid.

you have played against these teams in different years, so that means EVERY year must be the same? Not sure that is a valid argument.

That would mean if Wantagh Varsity beats Hicksville Varsity in football, then the Wantagh JV football team is better that Hicksville JV.

Doesn't work like that I am afraid.

Any tryout results? nothing posted? id like yo know who is on my kids team.
who did your daughter try out for , Liberty? they don't post names , you get an e-mail with color and number
now we are talking about football, guy do you know which way is up?
now we are talking about football, guy do you know which way is up?

your attempt to insult actually backfired, my YJ friend

it was an analogy, which is the comparison of two pairs which have the same relationship. Was it too confusing for you?

spend less time on the Liberty board and try University of Phoenix, they have a great English program

"you have played against these teams in different years, so that means EVERY year must be the same? Not sure that is a valid argument."
Actually have played against each of those teams within the past year.
"That would mean if Wantagh Varsity beats Hicksville Varsity in football, then the Wantagh JV football team is better that Hicksville JV"
Terrible analogy , the original was just to say that I have seen them all play in person and it seemed to me yj blue was head and sholders above the rest.
"Doesn't work like that I am afraid." Don't be afraid it is only an opinion. One day one of these teams will beat yj blue and then that team will declare themselves the best.

thank you for understanding, but the yj parents will find an excuse for the loss , bad refs , bad weather etc...
thank you for understanding, but the yj parents will find an excuse for the loss , bad refs , bad weather etc...

Let's see when liberty meets YJ at T3 this Sunday what happens.

Liberty will not be playing the true YJ Blue 2015, in the fall the Yellow Jackets mix some of the players.

Not sure if it is a complete 2015 Liberty "A" team.

And let's all be grown ups about this and hope for an exciting game and good sportsmanship.
they always do. there best one is, we were missing our 5 players. they are pathetic

Liberty will not be playing the true YJ Blue 2015, in the fall the Yellow Jackets mix some of the players.

Not sure if it is a complete 2015 Liberty "A" team.

And let's all be grown ups about this and hope for an exciting game and good sportsmanship.

Usually the excuses come after the game, not going into it.
they always do. there best one is, we were missing our 5 players. they are pathetic

Where did you read "they were missing their 5 best players?

Where did you read "they were missing their 5 best players?

Post # 3768 on the Girls 2016 Fall category.

"Post # 3768 on the Girls 2016 Fall category. "
Are you that pathetic that you have to make up stuff from past statements to try to make a point. It never refers to missing 5 players.Further the person is talking about a game they won so the making excuses thing is a pathetic attempt.If you feel the need to make up lies by refering to old posts at least get your facts straight or do what you usually do and make up lies that no ome can simply go back and check.Just a sad pathetic jealous parent who again feels the need to bad mouth some other team to make him feel better about his own.
Originally Posted by sectionxi
Are you that pathetic that you have to make up stuff from past statements to try to make a point. It never refers to missing 5 players.Further the person is talking about a game they won so the making excuses thing is a pathetic attempt.If you feel the need to make up lies by refering to old posts at least get your facts straight or do what you usually do and make up lies that no ome can simply go back and check.Just a sad pathetic jealous parent who again feels the need to bad mouth some other team to make him feel better about his own.

go away please, back to the YJ board, so annoying

go away please, back to the YJ board, so annoying
Why is that annoying to you? Because it is 100% accurate?

"go away please, back to the YJ board, so annoying "
At least this time you did not make up lies about prior posts and just stated your opinion ,so cudos to you ,this may have been your best post yet.
Once again another person making nonsense statements without having a clue,show me one time anyone used those so called excuses. I have no problem when someone points out facts surrounding a particular game such as saying the team was a so called mixed team be it in age or kids from different level teams.Or if someone points out a team playing up in age etc.
At least this time you did not make up lies about prior posts and just stated your opinion ,so cudos to you ,this may have been your best post yet.

These yj parents can't help themselves but to go on the threads stir it up, its what they do. They even fight among themselves on their own thread, throwing their own teams, players and coaches under the bus. Its one thing to be on a good lacrosse team, but is it worth all the nonsense that goes along with it? I'll pass.

These yj parents can't help themselves but to go on the threads stir it up, its what they do. They even fight among themselves on their own thread, throwing their own teams, players and coaches under the bus. Its one thing to be on a good lacrosse team, but is it worth all the nonsense that goes along with it? I'll pass.

yes it it worth it!

yes it it worth it!

and that is the essence of a yellow jacket parent. some but not all thrive on drama and crave conflict

yes it it worth it!

To you it is, and I respect that. For my daughters and others -no thanks. Way too much drama over there, there are other clubs with competetive teams that don't have nearly as much bs.

yes it it worth it!

To you it is, and I respect that. For my daughters and others -no thanks. Way too much drama over there, there are other clubs with competetive teams that don't have nearly as much bs.

I have 2 daughters playing YJ and there is no BS. They are on great teams with great coaching and loving being there. i am sure the Liberty girls are having a good experience too. Everyone relax and enjoy the competition and the kids.

yes it it worth it!

I was surprised to see the YJ's lose in the semi finals of T3 yesterday to Steps Elite. Wait for the excuses!
"I was surprised to see the YJ's lose in the semi finals of T3 yesterday to Steps Elite. Wait for the excuses! "
I do not see a yj team listed as being at t3 yesterday if they were what age and which team(blue yellow red).Also this being a liberty site , how did the liberty team make out.Yes I have a yj child who plays and did not see this tournament on the yj website ,could it have been a town team with a large yj influence ?I do not see rosters posted anywhere for this tournament on the yj website which they are for every tournament the yj actually do as a team.
because there on the green team, blue and gold a little different

What does this even refer to?

What does this even refer to?
. By the way today's liberty vs YJ. Final score YJ 15, Liberty 1
"Don't forget that blue only beat black by a goal the last time they met, and also don't forget that gold , red , green ...etc only exist to drive the big blue machine . Both teams are top notch , and very good. "
They are not in same class, maybe next time you will not offend the girls you will be playing against
"I was surprised to see the YJ's lose in the semi finals of T3 yesterday to Steps Elite. Wait for the excuses! "
I do not see a yj team listed as being at t3 yesterday if they were what age and which team(blue yellow red).Also this being a liberty site , how did the liberty team make out.Yes I have a yj child who plays and did not see this tournament on the yj website ,could it have been a town team with a large yj influence ?I do not see rosters posted anywhere for this tournament on the yj website which they are for every tournament the yj actually do as a team.

Hilarious. Here are the excuses. It was the YJ 2016 team not a "town" team. They were listed on the schedule as YJ.
With tryouts coming for 2014 and 2015 teams -- are new players added - or does every player from last season make it - how many players on a team? Just trying to GET some insight as to what the chances are for a new player to make a team - is it worth the $50 tryout fee --
liberty tryoputs for the age you mention are over
Here are the facts, I was not at t3 ,yj website does not list a team attending other than 2015 blue,t3 website lists no other yj team attending,your statement that some team on the schedule was listed as yj is false according to t3 tournament schedule listed on line, looking at t3 handout on line shows a team with girls from yj but not all and from multiple teams.At this point it does not show them playing steps so not sure if this is team you are talking about.It does s how them playing your liberty team and beating them fairly easily.I am not saying a yj team was not there but you who were at the tournament should be able to say which 2016 team it was.All that was asked for was some info but you provided none.By the way who won the tournament and what were the scores if you know any in the playoffs if you were actually there.
I had the same questions last year , and I can tell you that no player has a safe spot, and as far as i know at least 3 girls were transfered from black to red, and new girls were added. My daughter was added last year on her first tryout. and was afraid to lose her spot this year.
Here are the facts, I was not at t3 ,yj website does not list a team attending other than 2015 blue,t3 website lists no other yj team attending,your statement that some team on the schedule was listed as yj is false according to t3 tournament schedule listed on line, looking at t3 handout on line shows a team with girls from yj but not all and from multiple teams.At this point it does not show them playing steps so not sure if this is team you are talking about.It does s how them playing your liberty team and beating them fairly easily.I am not saying a yj team was not there but you who were at the tournament should be able to say which 2016 team it was.All that was asked for was some info but you provided none.By the way who won the tournament and what were the scores if you know any in the playoffs if you were actually there.

Semi-Finals was:
Steps Elite vs. Yellow Jackets
Tri State vs. Team Elevate

I left before the finals but I know Steps was playing Elevate.
It was a team made up of players from Commack and Garden City who some play on the 2016 YJs together. There were a few who are not YJs and dont play club at all. They lost to Steps 2-1. So while they were wearing their YJ pinnies, in fact they were registered as GGC.
"They were listed on the schedule as YJ"
Once again you just make nonsense up, cannot help yourself.Spoke with other parents who attended the tournament who said no yj team was listed on the schedule anywhere that day.That being said if a yj team did attend and lost to a steps team that would not be surprising the steps teams are very good and did tie them in delaware.Next time state the facts and not some made up version.
Our next two posts will provide the results table from the T3 Lacrosse event for both the High School B (2014/2015) and Middle School 7th/8th (2016/2017) divisions.
T3 High School B (2014/2015) Group Play Results

Team Pool GoalsFor GoalsVs Games Wins Losses Ties Points
Yellow Jackets:2015 Blue 1 41 6 3 3 0 0 9
Adirondack Attack:Adirondack Attack 1 22 28 3 2 1 0 6
Steps Elite :2015 1 28 20 3 1 1 1 4
Team Elevate:Team Elevate 2014/15 1 20 22 3 1 1 1 4
Liberty Lax:Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1 22 27 3 1 2 0 3
Jersey Thunder:Jersey Thunder Orange 2013/2014 1 10 40 3 0 3 0 0

Bbl Elite:Bbl 2015 2 36 12 3 3 0 0 9
T3 Lacrosse:T3 North 2015 Black 2 20 6 2 2 0 0 6
Minnesota Lakers:Minnesota Lakers Select 2014/15 2 11 28 3 1 2 0 3
Westchester Elite Lacrosse:Westchester Elite 2 2 21 28 3 1 2 0 3
Liberty Lax:Lib Lax 2015 Red/Blue Combo 2 15 29 3 0 3 0 0

Ultimate :Ultimate Pa 2015 3 26 15 3 2 0 1 7
West Jersey:Blue 3 29 18 3 2 0 1 7
T3 Lacrosse:T3 North 2015 Blue 3 30 20 3 2 1 0 6
Revolution Lacrosse:Rev 2015 3 11 29 3 0 3 0 0
Westrock Lady Wolfpack:2015 3 7 21 2 0 2 0 0

Westchester Elite Lacrosse:Westchester Elite Combo 4 35 14 3 3 0 0 9
Morris Storm:Storm Hs 4 24 20 3 1 0 2 5
Lehigh Valley:Lizards 4 18 17 3 1 1 1 4
Premier Lacrosse-Long Island:Premier Lacrosse-Li 4 18 21 3 1 1 1 4
Garden State Elite:2014-2015 4 18 24 3 1 2 0 3
Knights:Knights 4 16 33 3 0 3 0 0
T3 Middle School 7th/8th Grade (2016/2017) Group Play Results

Bbl Elite:Bbl Elite 2016 1 32 19 3 3 0 0 9
Steps Elite :2016 1 32 20 3 2 1 0 6
Long Island Anchors:Long Island Anchors 1 26 21 3 1 2 0 3
Ultimate :Ultimate Pa 2016/17 1 7 37 3 0 3 0 0

Ggc:Ggc 2 38 5 3 3 0 0 9
Liberty Lax:Lib Lax 2016 2 27 18 3 2 1 0 6
Hudson Valley Hurricanes:H.V. Hurricanes 7/8 2 25 22 3 1 2 0 3
Landsharks Lacrosse Club:7Th/8Th 2 2 47 3 0 3 0 0

Team Elevate:Team Elevate 2016 3 41 6 3 3 0 0 9
Ultimate :Ultimate Nj 2016/17 3 21 15 3 2 1 0 6
Westchester Elite Lacrosse:Westchester Elite Juniors 3 13 23 3 1 2 0 3
West Jersey:Blue 3 7 38 3 0 3 0 0

Steps Elite :2017/18 4 40 21 4 3 1 0 9
Bbl Elite:Bbl Elite 2016/17 4 30 18 3 2 1 0 6
Adirondack Attack:Adirondack Attack 4 18 32 3 1 2 0 3
Rfh Lax:Dawgs 4 14 32 3 0 3 0 0

T3 Lacrosse:T3 2016 5 24 15 4 3 0 1 10
Garden State Elite:2016-2017 5 30 14 3 2 0 1 7
Revolution Lacrosse:Rev 16 Clear 5 24 17 3 1 2 0 3
Bronxville:Bronxville 5 6 37 3 0 3 0 0

Tri-State Lacrosse:Tristate Ms 6 37 13 3 3 0 0 9
Kittatinny Lady Cougars:Lady Cougars 6 10 27 3 1 2 0 3
Monroe Falcons:Monroe Falcons 6 20 23 3 1 2 0 3
Morris Storm:Storm Ms 6 14 18 3 1 2 0 3

Hudson Valley Hurricanes:H.V. Hurricanes 5/6 7 30 22 3 2 1 0 6
Liberty Lax:Lib Lax 2017 7 24 22 3 2 1 0 6
Revolution Lacrosse:Rev 2017/18 7 27 24 3 2 1 0 6
T3 Lacrosse:T3 2017 7 16 29 3 0 3 0 0

Pa Express:Orange 8 36 11 3 3 0 0 9
Gbh 2017:Gbh 2017 8 24 20 3 2 1 0 6
Team Elevate:Team Elevate 2017 8 30 15 3 2 1 0 6
Northstar:Northstar Girls 8 16 27 3 1 2 0 3
Revolution Lacrosse:Rev 16 Transparent 8 16 25 3 1 2 0 3
Randolph:7/8 8 12 36 3 0 3 0 0
There were no YJ teams there representing 2016-2017 Division. I have enclosed all the teams entered.

The only YJ team was 2015 Blue In HS Division

Ggc:Ggc 2 38 5 3 3 0 0 9 Liberty Lax:Lib Lax 2016 2 27 18 3 2 1 0 6

Randolph:7/8
"They were listed on the schedule as YJ"
Once again you just make nonsense up, cannot help yourself.Spoke with other parents who attended the tournament who said no yj team was listed on the schedule anywhere that day.That being said if a yj team did attend and lost to a steps team that would not be surprising the steps teams are very good and did tie them in delaware.Next time state the facts and not some made up version.

NO THEY WERE NOT ONLY 2015 BLUE WAS ENTERED AS A YJ TEAM
Originally Posted by CageSage
T3 Middle School 7th/8th Grade (2016/2017) Group Play Results

Ggc:Ggc 2 38 5 3 3 0 0 9
Liberty Lax:Lib Lax 2016 2 27 18 3 2 1 0 6

Randolph:7/8 8 12 36 3 0 3 0 0

No YJ team Listed whats the beef??

Hilarious. Here are the excuses. It was the YJ 2016 team not a "town" team. They were listed on the schedule as YJ.

You must have read schedule wrong I dont see a YJ team listed

You must have read schedule wrong I dont see a YJ team listed
BOTC has gone to the schedules, the results, and the tournament program to confirm that the 2016 team in question was a Garden City town team according to the programs and not an attributed Yellow Jackets 2016 program. The poster was clearly uninformed.
Now, BOTC has dealt with the issue by producing the schedules, team listings, and tournament program. We have produced the hard reporting as always to show you definitively what teams were represented in the 2016 bracket at T3.

Hilarious? Let's just say that you are unable to successfully read a program rather than thinking this to be something more malicious.
The 2016 GC team was made up of mostly YJ players including the YJ goalie. It also included some GC kids who do not play YJ.
The 2016 GC team was made up of mostly YJ players including the YJ goalie. It also included some GC kids who do not play YJ.
Honestly, we do not know how this discussion became the centerpiece on the Liberty thread, but to close the discussion, we offer the following. Words like "mostly" and "some" just cloud the issue. Without concrete numbers, it is safe to say that this team was not under the direction of the Yellow Jackets at this tournament and was instead a collection of young ladies from the Garden City area who wanted to play together at the event. Nothing more, nothing less.
This might be the most inteligent post I have read on this site all week
very classy
Congrats to Liberty, you knocked off that other Long Island team in the playoffs. go 2014 liberty, Long Islands real elite
Congrats to Liberty, you knocked off that other Long Island team in the playoffs. go 2014 liberty, Long Islands real elite

Yeah but that wasn't the "real" team. All the good players were at soccer and feild hockey games. In order for any win to be cosidered a "real win" there is a very ridgid formula to be met. If any player is absent, all bets are off. If any player has a boo boo, all bets are off, if the planets aren't lined up all bets are off. For every loss there will be an excuse. And I know not all the parents feel this way, but it is the reaction you see on the discussion boards. I just wish for once you would see someone take the high road, and pay respect to a team that beats them. I know there are rational parents out there from this organization, but they are not the ones posting and making the teams look like sore losers. Anyway, saw that you beat YJ blue in playoffs, great job.

Yeah but that wasn't the "real" team. All the good players were at soccer and feild hockey games. In order for any win to be cosidered a "real win" there is a very ridgid formula to be met. If any player is absent, all bets are off. If any player has a boo boo, all bets are off, if the planets aren't lined up all bets are off. For every loss there will be an excuse. And I know not all the parents feel this way, but it is the reaction you see on the discussion boards. I just wish for once you would see someone take the high road, and pay respect to a team that beats them. I know there are rational parents out there from this organization, but they are not the ones posting and making the teams look like sore losers. Anyway, saw that you beat YJ blue in playoffs, great job.

Funny I don't see any excuses about anything! You write abrasive posts and then you blast people for responding!You want people to take the high road, yet you childishly try to provoke a reaction! It is comical. Congrats to your kids. i am sure they work hard. As for you idiots gloating, very pathetic!
I was surprised to see the YJ's lose in the semi finals of T3 yesterday to Steps Elite. Wait for the excuses!

statements like this are the reason why you may feel yj parents make alot of excuses. I have yet to see anyone state a liberty team entered a tourny and lost when no liberty team was entered.What you call an excuse may be someone pointing out a fact such as yj did not enter a team. Congrats to all girls who entered a tournament out of season, hopefully all the off-season work pays off during the season.

Funny I don't see any excuses about anything! You write abrasive posts and then you blast people for responding!You want people to take the high road, yet you childishly try to provoke a reaction! It is comical. Congrats to your kids. i am sure they work hard. As for you idiots gloating, very pathetic!

You don't see excuses? Then keep reading.

How about this one:

"I bet most of the kids who committed in YJ 2013 class did not attend. That clearly leaves them at a disadvantage."

That's not an excuse?

And please look at posts throughout all categories where we see many, many more ridiculous reasons why the YJs lost.

How about this one:

"I bet most of the kids who committed in YJ 2013 class did not attend. That clearly leaves them at a disadvantage."

That's not an excuse?

And please look at posts throughout all categories where we see many, many more ridiculous reasons why the YJs lost.

There is a difference between excuses and facts! People react to the statements like "the 2014 liberty Black Team is the "Real" eilte team on LI" . If you make the statements you have to expect a reaction. Just like the Liberty girls, the YJ girls work their asses off to get where they are. Then they lose a game or two and you have "ADULTS" rejoicing about them losing a game. It is soooo rediculous! This is really what makes you feel happy? Again pathetic!

How about this one:

That's not an excuse?

There is a difference between excuses and facts! People react to the statements like "the 2014 liberty Black Team is the "Real" eilte team on LI" . If you make the statements you have to expect a reaction. Just like the Liberty girls, the YJ girls work their asses off to get where they are. Then they lose a game or two and you have "ADULTS" rejoicing about them losing a game. It is soooo rediculous! This is really what makes you feel happy? Again pathetic!

Where are adults rejoicing? Where do you see that? If they are, then I agree, they are fools.

Thanks for the distinction between "excuses" and "facts".

It seems like the YJs sure have a ton of exc....pardon me...."facts" every time they lose. Now that's a fact!!

How about this one:

That's not an excuse?

Where are adults rejoicing? Where do you see that? If they are, then I agree, they are fools.

Thanks for the distinction between "excuses" and "facts".

It seems like the YJs sure have a ton of exc....pardon me...."facts" every time they lose. Now that's a fact!!
Calling the Liberty the "Real Elite" team and referring to the YJ blue as the other team, is a coy way of rejoicing. BTW, I agreed that a win is a win,but when you pound your chest about it and make statements like that, people will react (with facts not speculation)to it. The bottom line is all the kids are good players and I hope the college coaches recognize Long Island as a dominant region for Girls lax. It benefits all the girls.
Calling the Liberty the "Real Elite" team and referring to the YJ blue as the other team, is a coy way of rejoicing. BTW, I agreed that a win is a win,but when you pound your chest about it and make statements like that, people will react (with facts not speculation)to it. The bottom line is all the kids are good players and I hope the college coaches recognize Long Island as a dominant region for Girls lax. It benefits all the girls.
Long Island and Maryland remain the two hot spots for recruiting on the East Coast. Making sure that Long Island presents a unified front for recruiting by supporting local recruiting tournaments will be a CRITICAL factor in making sure that Long Island's strength does not erode. Think of it this way : if the only place to see multiple Long Island teams is an off-Long Island tournament (like Mid-Atlantic in Maryland), exactly what clubs and regions are benefitting?
Did the Liberty parents miss this one

Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:20 AM
Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?
Now tell me how this YJ parent isn't obnoxious, quoting a score,yes you won yes it was a blow out, no excuses, you were better that day, but maybe not tomorrow. so if the score should reverse , and a liberty parent gloats this is the reason why , you have no class, not every YJ parent just you your kid might be a elite player , but your a loser
Originally Posted by libertydad

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?
Now tell me how this YJ parent isn't obnoxious, quoting a score,yes you won yes it was a blow out, no excuses, you were better that day, but maybe not tomorrow. so if the score should reverse , and a liberty parent gloats this is the reason why , you have no class, not every YJ parent just you your kid might be a elite player , but your a loser

I don't disagree with you. It is rediculous to gloat. The parents are not even playing. The thing is there are idiot parents in every organization, but you shouldn't get dragged into the mud slinging if you care about the kids!

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

Not all YJ parents glote, I agree this guy is way off base and I am embarassed by him. He probably wasn't even there, I was and I know that was definitely not the top Liberty team that played us in the years past. But I do believe it really would not have mattered becayse the YJ 2015 Blue is very strong. I am not saying Liberty 2015 A is not strong, I am just stating my opinion.

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

Not all YJ parents glote, I agree this guy is way off base and I am embarassed by him. He probably wasn't even there, I was and I know that was definitely not the top Liberty team that played us in the years past. But I do believe it really would not have mattered becayse the YJ 2015 Blue is very strong. I am not saying Liberty 2015 A is not strong, I am just stating my opinion.

you missed the point. When the YJ lost this weekend everyone was talking about it like it was a big deal. No one mentions when they win, that is the point.

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

you missed the point. When the YJ lost this weekend everyone was talking about it like it was a big deal. No one mentions when they win, that is the point.

no you missed the point you sounded like an [lacrosse] not one liberty parent quoted a score you truly have no class and your an embarrassment to a good team

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

no you missed the point you sounded like an [lacrosse] not one liberty parent quoted a score you truly have no
class and your an embarrassment to a good team

So running your mouth off as long as you don't mention the score is ok. Thanks, now we all know the rules.

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

no you missed the point you sounded like an [lacrosse] not one liberty parent quoted a score you truly have no

So running your mouth off as long as you don't mention the score is ok. Thanks, now we all know the rules.
in every major sport from pee wee to pro pointing to a scord board to taunt is a major personal foul your just and [lacrosse] and embarrassment to the Yellow Jackets , classless

Yellow Jackets
2015 Blue 15

Liberty Lax
Lib Lax 2014/15 Combo 1

15-1?

pal, you are embarrassing the majority of YJ dads who have some class and are not living through the sports accomplishments of their daughters. If you keep this up, you will be giving everyone a bad name and it is already trickling down to college coaches who I don't want thinking we act this way. I know for a fact this is happening.

Yellow Jackets beats Liberty, Liberty beats Yellow Jackets, full squads play full squads, full squads play mixed talent teams. It is all meaningless. Commend their efforts and good sportsmanship, and simply look forward to the next time they play.

Enough talk about yj let's get to discussing our upcoming teams and how we think they will do this summer , Libertydad thanks for defending our girls over on the yj site ,shows how out of control the yj parents all are when they know we are the top program on long island
Enough talk about yj let's get to discussing our upcoming teams and how we think they will do this summer , Libertydad thanks for defending our girls over on the yj site ,shows how out of control the yj parents all are when they know we are the top program on long island

hahahahahaha yeah top program in Manhasset maybe

So you know I've been responding to these people fro a while, and the one thug that seems to stick out is that they seem to hate Manhasset , anyway , I hope all the girls are having a good xmas , and I wish you all luck for the upcoming lacrosse season.see you all soon.
Libertydad , who hates Manhasset ? Who are they?
from what I can gather some parents from the yellow jackets mostly, but can you blame they cant get the girls from manhasset ,and who wouldn't want to pull from that talent pool. and a couple from top guns. But thats not really our problem let them talk, we just need to keep our girls happy.

I Feel like I need to apologize for the post i submitted after seeing this post, I have seen a few of them on a couple of these threads, and I guess after seeing this one on the liberty thread i kind of got p- offed and posted without thinking. please allow it to die here o.k. again , my apologies I didn't intend to offend anyone
from what I can gather some parents from the yellow jackets mostly, but can you blame they cant get the girls from manhasset ,and who wouldn't want to pull from that talent pool. and a couple from top guns. But thats not really our problem let them talk, we just need to keep our girls happy.

Looks like several 2020 girls from manhasset are starting a new trend and have jumped ship leaving liberty and going to YJ.

Looks like several 2020 girls from manhasset are starting a new trend and have jumped ship leaving liberty and going to YJ.

I am guessing that is a joke.....funny.

Actually it is not, look at the rosters.

Actually it is not, look at the rosters.

The joke is your talking about 2020 girls jumping ship. What is that 3rd grade? It really did sound like someone making a sarcastic joke. But since your serious, good luck.
people, they are 4th graders.

4th graders whose parents are obviously serious about lax and have chosen YJ over liberty even though the y cme from Manhasset. The real joke is in the guy who says YJ parents don't like Manhasset because they can't draw from the talent pool. Any other theories?

4th graders whose parents are obviously serious about lax and have chosen YJ over liberty even though the y cme from Manhasset. The real joke is in the guy who says YJ parents don't like Manhasset because they can't draw from the talent pool. Any other theories?
2020 really ? let see if they come back home.
my point was that in fourth grade the child is not the one jumping ship. If the child was asked I believe they would much rather play with their friends and classmates at this age. I too am serious about the game, because my children are. The older daughter plays for her town team and a competetive club while the fifth grader still plays town. I just hope those serious parents ask their kids what they would like to do.

by the way this is one of those y.j parents i was talking about. there not all like this.
Why is it that when a parent has a younger child on a travel lacrosse program someone always thinks that the kid is too young and being forced to play? Why can't a fifth or fourth grader really like to play? Everyone thinks they are the best parent in the world and knows exactly what is best for every child and their families. Worry about your own kids, not mine.
my point was that in fourth grade the child is not the one jumping ship. If the child was asked I believe they would much rather play with their friends and classmates at this age. I too am serious about the game, because my children are. The older daughter plays for her town team and a competetive club while the fifth grader still plays town. I just hope those serious parents ask their kids what they would like to do.

by the way this is one of those y.j parents i was talking about. there not all like this.

Dont make this what it is not Not a yj parent. from Manhasset actually. A friend told me a bunch of girls were leaving Manhasset to go play for yj. There is a lot of unhappiness in Manhasset with liberty but most parents are afraid to play elsewhere because danielle coaches HS. Why play for YJ if liberty is in your backyard?
I apologize, I was not trying to tell you what is right for your child. just know of many kids, mine included that have left sports because they may have been placed somewhere they did not truly want to be.
some YJs parents are so threatened by Liberty, that they have to point to a few FOURTH GRADERS (yes, 4th graders) who for whatever reason are supposedly on the YJS. Then they say "I heard alot of manhasste people don't like Liberty". Newsflash - you can't please everyone, YJs!

Vast majority of manhasset (and many other Nassau towns) love the Liberty experience. great training, great teams, great recruiting. And less baggage than dealing with the Yjs parents!!

Dont make this what it is not Not a yj parent. from Manhasset actually. A friend told me a bunch of girls were leaving Manhasset to go play for yj. There is a lot of unhappiness in Manhasset with liberty but most parents are afraid to play elsewhere because danielle coaches HS. Why play for YJ if liberty is in your backyard?

This is actually a problem with several clubs where the travel coaches are also school coaches and there is much added pressure to sway to one club or another. School districts should ban their coaches from at least for profit coaching of whatever sport they coach for school. It is a big conflict of intrest, and unfortunately the kids suffer from it. How well treated would a kid from northport get treated playing for someone other than yj's? And it doesn't stop there because many coaches within a club coach at school level too and try to direct kids to their club, I see it in my district, its a horrible position for the kids. Part of the bs politics.
Northport already has kids on different clubs and there is NO issue for them!! They also have a NO cut policy too. The coaches are happy they have a stick in their hand.
YJ threatened by Liberty? And how do you come to this conclusion? Please elaborate
A lot, a bunch. How many girls are there, lets give the over under at 4. Personally, I don't live in Manhasset, so I don't know the dynamic of what goes on there in lacrosse, but I cant understand how a 4th grader has any interaction with Danielle at all, unless she had an older sister. What I can't understand is how anyone could say anything bad about the woman, she is the nicest, most fare person I have ever met. especially in lacrosse.
Why is it that when a parent has a younger child on a travel lacrosse program someone always thinks that the kid is too young and being forced to play? Why can't a fifth or fourth grader really like to play? Everyone thinks they are the best parent in the world and knows exactly what is best for every child and their families. Worry about your own kids, not mine.
No one said that anyones daughter was forced to play, what they said was a 4th grader is not deciding what team to play on , thats the parents decision , so the real question is what problem does the parent have with Danielle. And i really don't think Danielle will cut a girl/ not play a girl on her school team because she plays for the Y.J. . I do think she will cut a girl because she Does not have what it takes to play at a high level. So anyone that says Danielle will cut a good player , and risk beating G.C. and not making playoffs, does not know Danielle, and knows less about lacrosse.
YJ threatened by Liberty? And how do you come to this conclusion? Please elaborate

Mention Liberty in front of the Yellow Jackets and see the smoke come out of their ears. Mention Top Guns and watch smoke come from their eyes.

Mention Liberty in front of the Yellow Jackets and see the smoke come out of their ears. Mention Top Guns and watch smoke come from their eyes.

This is very true on both accounts. Now I can see this reaction from the directors point of view, as they are taking away a piece of the pie. What I don't get is the nasty reaction from players parents, its weird. And its not just a competitive thing, they have this double crossed hatred attitude that must come down from the top or something. Its sad because I know many, many yj parents and I pretty much avoid lacrosse conversations with them because they get all amped up against the mention of any other club.
Seriously neither one of those clubs has done well consistently against the YJ. They are no threat whatsoever. Yea they will win a game once in a while. Great for them!! But as for consistency for the past 10 years with performance YJ wins hands down. Keep working hard it will take some time before you build the same reputation. Best of luck to all.
Northport already has kids on different clubs and there is NO issue for them!! They also have a NO cut policy too. The coaches are happy they have a stick in their hand.

Please name one starter on Northport who plays for another club team.
Seriously neither one of those clubs has done well consistently against the YJ. They are no threat whatsoever. Yea they will win a game once in a while. Great for them!! But as for consistency for the past 10 years with performance YJ wins hands down. Keep working hard it will take some time before you build the same reputation. Best of luck to all.

Top guns have done really poor against the yj's for the last ten years. The first 8 years of the ten, they never won a game, only in the last two years have they won a game against yj.
I don't believe the perceived threat that people are talking about is a competitive one, at least not yet. These other clubs are now giving options to players and their parents that may not have existed in the past.( cheaper ?,closer ?,ability to play with classmates and friends ). These options will eventually cause a competitive balance to exist.
you are a idiot
there aren't any. this guy is a jerk
they haven't won consistantly against YJ, and Yj haven't won consistantly against them. what is consistantcy you mooron.
Yj may be the biggest, but far from the best...
"Mention Liberty in front of the Yellow Jackets and see the smoke come out of their ears. Mention Top Guns and watch smoke come from their eyes."
Another Liberty fan dealing in the facts , I thought this was supposed to be liberty discussions and yet you cannot stop talking about Yj , of course i would not take your obsession with the yj to be a sign of jealousy
The options have been there for the past three years!! Still not much has changed
some YJs parents are so threatened by Liberty, that they have to point to a few FOURTH GRADERS (yes, 4th graders) who for whatever reason are supposedly on the YJS. Then they say "I heard alot of manhasste people don't like Liberty". Newsflash - you can't please everyone, YJs!

Vast majority of manhasset (and many other Nassau towns) love the Liberty experience. great training, great teams, great recruiting. And less baggage than dealing with the Yjs parents!!

If your going to quote. Quote correctly.

Please name one starter on Northport who plays for another club team.

There is a Npt kid on express

If your going to quote. Quote correctly.

If you are going to be an English teacher, then please use full sentences and commas.
Dont make this what it is not Not a yj parent. from Manhasset actually. A friend told me a bunch of girls were leaving Manhasset to go play for yj. There is a lot of unhappiness in Manhasset with liberty but most parents are afraid to play elsewhere because danielle coaches HS. Why play for YJ if liberty is in your backyard? [/quote]O.K. this one really got my dander up, so I did some research. Let me start by saying that the Y.J. are no doubt a bigger, very successful club. and have been around longer. I also don't really know how long either club has been in existence. According to both clubs alumni lists , the best I can tell is the Y.J. from 2001, liberty from 2004. Y.J. So starting from 2004 , going to 2011, the Y.J. list among there alumni 15 girls from Manhasset . In the same time frame 0 girls from Northport have played for Liberty. No other club lists both college and high school I looked at Express, fl$, Suffolk All Stars, 91, Elevate' Top Guns, Turf Island, and Wave. So if girls from Northport play for any other club, I can't find them. So to me it looks like Danielle will play girls that play for Y.J. , and it's the girls from Northport that seem afraid to play for other clubs. They might not get cut , but they might be afraid to sit on the bench. So now we're going to here from the anonymous , supposed non Y.J. parent, saying I know this parent, that knows a cousin of a friend, of a girl from Northport, yadda yadda yadda . but these are the facts I could find.
Lets think about this. I bet , that the same parents writing these comments ,wouldn't even have daughters playing for the jackets if Liberty didn't exist. If liberty didn't exist than all the Manhasset girls would, more than likely, play for the jackets. So 5 girls from Manhasset make blue or gold , 5 girls from blue and gold get demoted, and 5 girls get cut. the 5 demoted girls maybe don't get looked at by colleges. and that is just girls from Manhasset, not to mention all the girls from all over the island that play for liberty. So instead of being obnoxious asses, say thanks , and shut up.
"Mention Liberty in front of the Yellow Jackets and see the smoke come out of their ears. Mention Top Guns and watch smoke come from their eyes."
Another Liberty fan dealing in the facts , I thought this was supposed to be liberty discussions and yet you cannot stop talking about Yj , of course i would not take your obsession with the yj to be a sign of jealousy

It's the yj parents that can't help themselves, they are on every thread stirring it up. It is the parents that give the organization the black eye reputation for bad behavior, on the feilds and now on the web. I would be fine with my daughter playing for yj's, they are a good club, but there are other good clubs and other options. Selfish reasons here, I would just rather her play elsewhere to get away from the parents and not be lumped into that group.b

Right, and that's why you are on the Liberty thread. Seems like you are the one who is obsessed.
"It's the yj parents that can't help themselves"
Thanks for proving the guys post this is supposed to be our thread yet all that goes on is talk about yj. I do not even believe we are in competition with the yj at least at the 2016 age,very different clubs, Yj want to be the biggest and the best we just want to play and get better
I have heard that from many people. Libertydad, how was the "vibe" at Team91 when your daughter played there and how long have you been with Liberty?

It's the yj parents that can't help themselves, they are on every thread stirring it up. It is the parents that give the organization the black eye reputation for bad behavior, on the feilds and now on the web. I would be fine with my daughter playing for yj's, they are a good club, but there are other good clubs and other options. Selfish reasons here, I would just rather her play elsewhere to get away from the parents and not be lumped into that group.b

I have heard that from many people. Libertydad, how was the "vibe" at Team91 when your daughter played there and how long have you been with Liberty?

whoever wrote this is the lowest form of creature to ever slither across the earths surface.

whoever wrote this is the lowest form of creature to ever slither across the earths surface.
why didn't you just post her name you duche bag
Libertydad, YOU are the one who wrote that she was on Team91!! Go back and look at your rambling posts. You need to calm down because honestly, your posts, insults and cursing are embarassing to the club. Please go anonymous.

you are a bit strange, libertydad. I suggest you go to YOUR OWN POST #6677 - 12/21/11 06:23 under the thread of Long Island Team 91 Lacrosse.

You LITERALLY give your entire bio, and now you are annoyed that you are asked a question about it?

hilarious that the one person who was constantly calling others out for being anonymous now gets bit in the butt because of it. Next time take into consideration that people will wronging associate your daughter with your statements.I do not think calling others nasty names is going to help your cause.
you are a bit strange, libertydad. I suggest you go to YOUR OWN POST #6677 - 12/21/11 06:23 under the thread of Long Island Team 91 Lacrosse.

You LITERALLY give your entire bio, and now you are annoyed that you are asked a question about it?

If the entire bio is there why ask questions. so you can tell people you know who I am if you want to ask me a question register a name and send mew a private message, but then i guess you can no longer hide under you anonymous blanket, your a cowarard
hilarious that the one person who was constantly calling others out for being anonymous now gets bit in the butt because of it. Next time take into consideration that people will wronging associate your daughter with your statements.I do not think calling others nasty names is going to help your cause.
who is this ? you can associate my daughter with my comments if you like you know who she is , and she sees them along with yours, and she will stand by them, so now that you all know who she is , come beat her if you can
Libertydad, Try not to take this the wrong way but challenging people who are probably adults to beat your daughter cannot be a good idea and yes I am sure you meant beat her team on the field. Making her a target seems to me to have no positive benefit to anyone .Seems to me that post should possibly be removed. Once again do not take this as a personal attack but sometimes staying anonymous is a good thing.
Libertydad,

Nice job challenging people to beat your daughter. Did you offer the same challenge when you were at Team 91?

Just so you know, you have used the following personal insults in your posts over the last week:

"duche" (sic), "moroon" (sic), "cowarard" (sic), "knucklead" (spelled this one right), "idiot" (this one too), "stupid" (three our of six, not bad).

This is not a reflection of what the Liberty stands for (and I am sure the head of the program will agree), so, please, with all the respect that is due, knock it off and stop being a tough guy.

Libertydad, Try not to take this the wrong way but challenging people who are probably adults to beat your daughter cannot be a good idea and yes I am sure you meant beat her team on the field. Making her a target seems to me to have no positive benefit to anyone .Seems to me that post should possibly be removed. Once again do not take this as a personal attack but sometimes staying anonymous is a good thing.
your a duche
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
To reply to CageSage's comment that the 91 boys program is stronger then the girls program, Yeah just like all the other programs. The Express, much stronger boys, Outlaws,Team LI,Braves, Tomahawks do they even have girls teams? Don't hate the player hate the game.

O.k. ready
1-liberty dad , guess who my daughter plays for
2-yes my daughter played for 91 , for 1 year on what was a very good team , that we were told was going to be coached in part by Joe Spallena , who showed up 1 day for 10 min. and we never saw him again. They gave us a, in my opinion, a week coach, and a very good college player. we later found out that the coach stacked the team with girls from her town team including her daughter that was 2 years younger They played very well considering the lack of coaching. but most of the girls went to other clubs the next year, mostly top guns ,
3- My daughter is very good and I'm sure if Coach spalinna Doesn't want her , plenty of others will
4- I'll say it again for the really stupid people , most colleges don't give full rides , call and ask Coach Spalinna himself , your in fantasy land if you think your daughter is going to get a "full ride"
5- I didn't make a boo boo you knuckle head , my daughter played against Liberty the firs game, of the first tourney she played with 91, and they got crushed, my daughter left the field and said to me" that is the best team I ever saw I have to make that team" and she did the next year. BUT I DID NOT MAKE THAT CHOICE, SHE DID
6-I never said the tourney at manhasset was a secret. if you were there did your daughter play , because if she did liberty beat them and you must be really pissed to write that last post, bring your daughter to try outs and see if she can play with them , the parents are real nice and the directors are fantastic
7- I talked to Carol Rose 1 time ever , and I really only talk to Danielle when she asks me something, and I try to be as invisible as possible, so please don't make up cheesy lies about someone you don't know , idiots like the one that responded to this pst think you know something
8 I own a Nissan
9- my daughter proudly wares a liberty jersey, even after the yellow jackets beat them 15-1
Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Voted best post comeback .....in your face!!! Lmfao

quote=Anonymous]Sounds to me liberty dad was an unhappy EX-91 member who still cant get over the fact that someone in the 91 organization has a career in which can decide his daughters fate on a "full ride" at stony brook and he dismissed the program and went to YJ and feared he might of made a boo boo... Not to worry if your daughter is good and i mean good ! not STUD in your mind..like most parents from YJ beleive there kid is GODS Gift , because she owns a uniform of YJ and plays on the red team coached by a non talented parent...Be realistic with yourselve and for your record we and many other Lax parents were also at Manhasset HS at that tourny it wasnt a secret... were you one of those parents who when you see carol or danielle you stand near them and listen to the gossip??? sounds like it !!! No kidding what are you trying to say???its a bizzness they are there to promote what they produce in each program..Its also no secret that YJ has talented players on there bluee and yellow ..along with a handful from various girls clubs and town teams !! Get off the High Horse and keep paying your tuition and your Range Rover lease and leave the facts to educated lacrosse Alumni !
Libertydad,

Nice job challenging people to beat your daughter. Did you offer the same challenge when you were at Team 91?

Just so you know, you have used the following personal insults in your posts over the last week:

"duche" (sic), "moroon" (sic), "cowarard" (sic), "knucklead" (spelled this one right), "idiot" (this one too), "stupid" (three our of six, not bad).

This is not a reflection of what the Liberty stands for (and I am sure the head of the program will agree), so, please, with all the respect that is due, knock it off and stop being a tough guy.

Is this dad's kid a goalie by chance? if so she is a nice kid
At this point, we are going to "call the thread". Enough on the "libertydad" family discussions. Back to the lacrosse discussions about teams, competitions, and clubs.
At this point, we are going to "call the thread". Enough on the "libertydad" family discussions. Back to the lacrosse discussions about teams, competitions, and clubs.
let them say what they like. Whoever posted the back dated posts thank you. Just posting single phrases out of context to suit you is pretty bad. If you want to know who my daughter is , register and ask I'll tell you myself , stop asking people to guess .
let them say what they like. Whoever posted the back dated posts thank you. Just posting single phrases out of context to suit you is pretty bad. If you want to know who my daughter is , register and ask I'll tell you myself , stop asking people to guess .

Nah, I don't care that much thanks anyway
2 losers

Nah, I don't care that much thanks anyway
then why ask
Just when you thought YJ parents were over the top!
Just when you thought YJ parents were over the top!

Believe me there are crazy parents on EVERY club team
Congratulations to Tara, Liberty Lacrosse, and Virginia Tech

Wednesday, 4th January 2012

North Shore junior midfielder Tara Feehan has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at Virginia Tech University.

High School: North Shore High School

Graduation Year: 2013

Position: Midfield

College Choice: Virginia Tech

Club Affiliation: Liberty Lacrosse

Major lacrosse honors: Nassau County Class C Champions (2011), Nassau County Scholar Athlete (2011)

Other comments: “I would like to thank my high school coaches Sarah Hogan and Meghan McCormack, for helping me developing my game sense. Also, I would like to thank Danielle Gallagher and Danielle Etrasco for helping me through the recruiting process. I especially have to thank my father and mother for taking me to a crazy amount lacrosse tournaments, and traveling the country to find the right college for me. They have always supported me in everything I have pursued.”
Congratulations to Tara, Liberty Lacrosse, and Virginia Tech

Wednesday, 4th January 2012

North Shore junior midfielder Tara Feehan has made a verbal commitment to play Division I lacrosse at Virginia Tech University.

High School: North Shore High School

Graduation Year: 2013

Position: Midfield

College Choice: Virginia Tech

Club Affiliation: Liberty Lacrosse

Major lacrosse honors: Nassau County Class C Champions (2011), Nassau County Scholar Athlete (2011)

Other comments: “I would like to thank my high school coaches Sarah Hogan and Meghan McCormack, for helping me developing my game sense. Also, I would like to thank Danielle Gallagher and Danielle Etrasco for helping me through the recruiting process. I especially have to thank my father and mother for taking me to a crazy amount lacrosse tournaments, and traveling the country to find the right college for me. They have always supported me in everything I have pursued.”

Congrats Tara!!!
Have any of you guys been on Yj forum, check it out , they are trashing themselves (players,coaches,parents). what a classless group, thankyou Liberty for having a club, thankyou Liberty parents for behaving with class. thankyou for not being on the same side of town as YJ
"Have any of you guys been on Yj forum, check it out , they are trashing themselves (players,coaches,parents). what a classless group, thankyou Liberty for having a club, thankyou Liberty parents for behaving with class. thankyou for not being on the same side of town as YJ "
Seriously I hope this is some kid or parent from another organization playing a joke.If not way to show how classy your parents are.Half the negative posts on the YJ forum are from parents from other organizations,as much as I think many of the negative statements on this forum are from other groups.
Have any of you guys been on Yj forum, check it out , they are trashing themselves (players,coaches,parents). what a classless group, thankyou Liberty for having a club, thankyou Liberty parents for behaving with class. thankyou for not being on the same side of town as YJ

What's the problem, can't live without a little drama...troublemaker! As happy as you are to be on Liberty, Liberty wishes you weren't!

please,,,,,,,, I doubt a Liberty parent wrote this, go back to the YJ board and stop trying to instigate
Congratulations to the following Class of 2012 players from the Long Island Liberty on their college placements. Enjoy your final summer before heading to your collegiate locations! Good luck!

Charlotte Avallone- Manhasset HS – Lafayette
Kaitlin Brown- Port Washington Schreiber HS – Marist
Aileen Carey- Sacred Heart- Quinnipiac
Chrissy Commons- Port Washington Schreiber HS – Hofstra
Becky Conto- Sacred Heart- Hofstra
Nina Corcoran – Sacred Heart- University of Pennsylvania
Sarah Coutier- Kellenberg – Siena
Cara Dellavecchia- North Shore HS – George Washington
Amanda Johansen- North Shore HS – USC
Hayley Kerr- Port Washington Schreiber HS – USC
Kristen Lynch – Wesleyan University
Halle Majorana- Manhasset HS – University of Maryland
Catherine McTiernan- Garden City HS – University of Richmond
Rory Sadoff – University of Massachussets-Amherst
Emma Salter- Sacred Heart- Marquette
Congratulations to the following Class of 2012 players from the Long Island Liberty on their college placements. Enjoy your final summer before heading to your collegiate locations! Good luck!

Is that it?

Is that it?

What is your point? Because the way I'm reading it seems pretty condescending and I don't understand why.

Is that it?

Nice response. What a tool.

Is that it?

Good list. But I also thought there was a kid from Liberty going to Virginia Tech?

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-....1605573/extras-halle-majorana-1.3636599
No offense to the children but when I was a kid growing up in the City, we often played pick up games of "street baseball" or stickball as some of you may know it. The biggest difference between this game and the real game of baseball was that you had to make up all these special rules to account for cars, trees, phone wires, etc. That is exactly what girls lacrosse is like. There are so many stupid made-up rules that there is absoulutley no flow to the game. Most of the goals are scored after a "timeout for bad behavoir" in front of the goal. You could not devise a more ridiculous sport from scratch if you tried. Obviously lots of passion here with all these vicious comments back and forth and the real tragedy is that most parents never heard of the sport even just a few years ago but all too many see it as a quick way to get the kids into the right college and so they brainwash their kids that this is such a great game and that keeping up with the joneses is acceptable behavoir. What a boring game! What a shame!

No offense to the children but when I was a kid growing up in the City, we often played pick up games of "street baseball" or stickball as some of you may know it. The biggest difference between this game and the real game of baseball was that you had to make up all these special rules to account for cars, trees, phone wires, etc. That is exactly what girls lacrosse is like. There are so many stupid made-up rules that there is absoulutley no flow to the game. Most of the goals are scored after a "timeout for bad behavoir" in front of the goal. You could not devise a more ridiculous sport from scratch if you tried. Obviously lots of passion here with all these vicious comments back and forth and the real tragedy is that most parents never heard of the sport even just a few years ago but all too many see it as a quick way to get the kids into the right college and so they brainwash their kids that this is such a great game and that keeping up with the joneses is acceptable behavoir. What a boring game! What a shame!

Thanks for chiming in. The game is obviously not for you, so why would you even be on a thread dedicated to it? BTW you come across as a complete jacka$$. Go worry about your own kids since you have it figured out.
I find it funny that this person comes on this thread to complain about all the "vicious comments", I think other threads would have been a better choice. As far as girls lax being boring in comparison to BASEBALL, really ? He wants to say Baseball is more exciting, a sport where on the defensive side a position player could go multiple games and never touch the ball, and waiting for a pitcher to finally throw the ball is like watching paint dry. And on offense , to be considered successful you have to get a hit 3 out of 10 ? The weatherman is more accurate than that. As far as made up rules, how about the strike zone ? thats about as subjective as a cheerleading competition . In my humble opinion the only thing more boring than Baseball is waiting in my doctors waiting room.
Not sure but I think the point is that the girl's game has way too many arbitrary (and dumb) rules. I might have to agree. Let'em put some pads on and play the real game. As it stands right now, it looks more like fake Quidditch. Now maybe that's an idea..... if they can't make the college lax team maybe they can be a star on the Quidditch team..... OR, if they could only find some flying lax sticks, the girl's game would be more fun to play and watch.... have a sense of humor will ya!
Not sure but I think the point is that the girl's game has way too many arbitrary (and dumb) rules. I might have to agree. Let'em put some pads on and play the real game. As it stands right now, it looks more like fake Quidditch. Now maybe that's an idea..... if they can't make the college lax team maybe they can be a star on the Quidditch team..... OR, if they could only find some flying lax sticks, the girl's game would be more fun to play and watch.... have a sense of humor will ya!
Actually the girls game is closer to the original game, making the girls game the real game
I have sons and daughters that all play lax, I actually find the girls game much more pure than the boys. I don't like whistle happy refs and the rules could use some tweaking, but the girls game is much more fluid than the boys free for all check fest. Please don't argue, its an opinion!
Actually the girls game is closer to the original game, making the girls game the real game

The girls game is actually better in some respects than the boys game because it showcases their athleticism more. Just like basketball. The big difference is the "dumb rules"! Imagine a basketbal player driving to the basket and getting fouled while putting up a great shot that goes in and it doesn't count? Then you put the player on the 3 point line for a shot while everyone can collapse on you as you are shooting. You actually get it in again, but you are fouled again,. You line up for another chance and you miss and the other team gets possession!! It is comical. How do grown adults let this rule stay in the game?? It takes away the credibility of the game. To say that this somehow protects the girls more is an even dumber thought process. The girls have nothing to lose by fouling when a girl has an open shot! Let the goal stand with possession and you will see less fouls for sure.
Agree with above statement. In fact, it is smart to coach girls to foul. You can erase a goal and then re-position and prevent shot. Let the goal stand!!! Would also love to see just one ref. reward a girl for defense. Refs are clueless on good defense and just blow whistle and set up on the eight. you see some girls lower their shoulder and go to goal. Worse case scenario is a direct. Call three seconds and work on understanding a charge.
Agree with above statement. In fact, it is smart to coach girls to foul. You can erase a goal and then re-position and prevent shot. Let the goal stand!!! Would also love to see just one ref. reward a girl for defense. Refs are clueless on good defense and just blow whistle and set up on the eight. you see some girls lower their shoulder and go to goal. Worse case scenario is a direct. Call three seconds and work on understanding a charge.

Amen to that! If I had a dollar for every shooting space violation that was iffy at best...

Sometimes I still get confused about what is being called and why in girls lacrosse. Mystery calls.
Totally agree with this one . I am a woman's game official ,if their game goes to helmets ,and is played like the men's game I along with most of my fellow officials are walking away.
congratulations on your strong showing at the u15 Florida tournament ,you guys played great and came out on fire for 3 rd place and never gave up.From what I could tell a bunch of nice kids.
Sorry we beat you TG.
Sorry we beat you TG.

Hey now, that was a good game and it looked like Liberty was taking it at first half.
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Sorry we beat you TG.

Hey now, that was a good game and it looked like Liberty was taking it at first half.
thank you, good game and good team you have
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Sorry we beat you TG.

thank you, good game and good team you have

Too bad none of ya can run with the YJs. And you know it!
That was written by a TG parent

TG parents respect the liberty and are the first to say what a good game the bronze game was. The girls were all sports and very respectful and if you were there you would agree.
how can we run with YJ, most of them are out of the game by halftime.
Looks like enough of them stayed in the game to defeat your team.
Looks like enough of them stayed in the game to defeat your team.

Pretty funny because when we played skywalkers in Virginia they has 3 players out on cards while all of ours were on the field.

TG parents respect the liberty and are the first to say what a good game the bronze game was. The girls were all sports and very respectful and if you were there you would agree.

the original post about how well liberty played in Florida was a YJ parent but funny no one would think so. The semi final game was a fun game to watch very close from beginning to end,

the original post about how well liberty played in Florida was a YJ parent but funny no one would think so. The semi final game was a fun game to watch very close from beginning to end,
Thanks to the Top Guns parents and players for showing how classy and respectful your club is. First half was ours, second was yours. A one goal game is about all either side could have asked for , and I think both clubs are proud of there girls. If a Yellow Jacket parent has something nice to say about our club,thank you. Good luck to both clubs and I truly hope your clubs can overcome any issues either real or perceived. I truly believe all 3 clubs have very talented players and all the chest pounding and pointing to commitment lists does nothing but scar the image of Long Island girls Lacrosse. To any Sky Walkers parents that might be reading these posts, your girls are truly awesome, and even though we only got to play you once the game was also exciting and close, and your girls were friendly and very classy. I am looking forward to our girls playing all three teams in the future.
As a parent who has a daughter who just completed her freshman year at a top D1 school let me tell you that all the crazy bickering tossed around by parents is left at the curb by all of your fabulous daughters. Club affiliation means nothing to them so hats off to your complimenting of other clubs it seems our daughters are right there with you.Enjoy the rest of the summer ! This will most likely upset some but I am a YJ parent who appreciates good lacrosse and good people. Don't let the actions and postings of a few drag all of us into the mud. Thank you to you and all of your daughters for another great summer of lacrosse.

Thanks to the Top Guns parents and players for showing how classy and respectful your club is. First half was ours, second was yours. A one goal game is about all either side could have asked for , and I think both clubs are proud of there girls. If a Yellow Jacket parent has something nice to say about our club,thank you. Good luck to both clubs and I truly hope your clubs can overcome any issues either real or perceived. I truly believe all 3 clubs have very talented players and all the chest pounding and pointing to commitment lists does nothing but scar the image of Long Island girls Lacrosse. To any Sky Walkers parents that might be reading these posts, your girls are truly awesome, and even though we only got to play you once the game was also exciting and close, and your girls were friendly and very classy. I am looking forward to our girls playing all three teams in the future.
Per BOTC Tryouts Forum policy, Commercial Tryout postings require the club to contact BOTC prior to posting material.

Online application and paper application will be posted soon.
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the 2016 Black team vs. other club teams in the same age group.... ie. Yellow Jackets and Top Guns.. Thanks.
Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on the 2016 Black team vs. other club teams in the same age group.... ie. Yellow Jackets and Top Guns.. Thanks.

In the past the Liberty has been competitive with those teams but still a level below the top teams in that age group.
Does Liberty allow walk ups at tryouts. I cannot seem to find this on their website.
Does Liberty allow walk ups at tryouts. I cannot seem to find this on their website.

I believe they do for an extra fee
Did it ever occur to you or anyone else on these forums.....that not all club programs are all about the money.!!!!!! Liberty Carries 20-22 players per team while YJ and TG carry 24 players. GREED!!!!!!!!!! Some of these kids barely play.
that post was three months ago. was your computer locked up?
Did I miss something?

Is Liberty Free? Is this program operated and coached by volunteers?

20, 22, or 24 players not a big difference...

Did I miss something?

Is Liberty Free? Is this program operated and coached by volunteers?

20, 22, or 24 players not a big difference...
Let me ask you this : if you have a 10% discount coupon in your hand, do you use it? If you have a 20% discount coupon in your hand, do you use it?

22 over 20 is 10% .... 24 over 20 is 20% .... someone is scooping those funds and it surely is not coming back as a discount. As Sage likes to say, think about it.
Is Liberty Free?

Who are we to tell other people how to run their business?

If you do not like the way an organization is run, you can choose to go to another club.

I am amazed by people who want to tell business owners how much money they can earn.

Why don't you start a club, charge no money and only have 18 on the roster?

© US Lacrosse Community Forum