BOTC
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Girls 2029 (5th Graders) pertaining to the Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.
Anyone know how many '29 Yellow Jacket teams will there be?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know how many '29 Yellow Jacket teams will there be?

3 According to Yellow Jacket website - Friedman, Howley, Duswalt
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know how many '29 Yellow Jacket teams will there be?

3 According to Yellow Jacket website - Friedman, Howley, Duswalt
Are all 3 teams just for Suffolk? Are there A, B and C teams and if so, who is coaching what?
How are everyones teams looking??
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are everyones teams looking??
Too early to tell yet.
At this age group, curios to see how many times a week everyone practices? currently going once a week at a mid tier club.
You're right, hope teams were able upgrade some
Whose been to tournaments so far and how we doing??
I was at the Columbus Day 7v7 tournament and YJ Duswalt & Jesters Black looked very good. What surprises me the most is why the coaches aren't promoted making the extra pass when they are up big in a game.
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Interesting that I saw multiple posts across age groups promoting 91 yesterday. Just too obvious. Overall the teams on this tournament do not look very impressive so brag all you want.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Interesting that I saw multiple posts across age groups promoting 91 yesterday. Just too obvious. Overall the teams on this tournament do not look very impressive so brag all you want.

Perhaps trying to balance out all the bad publicity team 91 is getting over on the 24 thread.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Interesting that I saw multiple posts across age groups promoting 91 yesterday. Just too obvious. Overall the teams on this tournament do not look very impressive so brag all you want.

From the 2024 group: For the last four years 2024 threads have complained about the same program. Either leave the program or stop complaining about it. I'm tired of hearing the woas of being a part of 91 when you're doing it to yourself. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.

As they do with all of their teams, boys and girls ....91 enters their own horrible mylacrosse tournaments and says they "play up" . They play up against horrible teams and don't go to the big tournaments. They blow out bad teams . Same with the girls I'm sure . They will never play the beat girls teams from Maryland as they do not leave their own weak tournaments so settle down with the " we play up "nonsense. Get a grip
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.


A year ago they beat my daughter's yellow jackets team Friedman by 1 goal lol....now all of a sudden they're playing up ? Lol what a joke you 91 parents are for beleiving you're playing good teams and that you're really just that good . You're not that special . Go to the big tournaments before you start talking smack ....then do some talking .
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.


A year ago they beat my daughter's yellow jackets team Friedman by 1 goal lol....now all of a sudden they're playing up ? Lol what a joke you 91 parents are for beleiving you're playing good teams and that you're really just that good . You're not that special . Go to the big tournaments before you start talking smack ....then do some talking .

91s younger teams are way better than the older. The older ones are no good at all. Parents bying into the spallina gme at this young age.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.


A year ago they beat my daughter's yellow jackets team Friedman by 1 goal lol....now all of a sudden they're playing up ? Lol what a joke you 91 parents are for beleiving you're playing good teams and that you're really just that good . You're not that special . Go to the big tournaments before you start talking smack ....then do some talking .

91s younger teams are way better than the older. The older ones are no good at all. Parents bying into the spallina gme at this young age.

Didn’t they also beat your YJ team 10-0 next time they played? 91 has completely revamped the girls program- that’s why the younger teams are improving. They are right there w the boys on same type of training schedule. You can detest on 91 all you want but it is a great spot to get your daughter great training in a great environment.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.


A year ago they beat my daughter's yellow jackets team Friedman by 1 goal lol....now all of a sudden they're playing up ? Lol what a joke you 91 parents are for beleiving you're playing good teams and that you're really just that good . You're not that special . Go to the big tournaments before you start talking smack ....then do some talking .

91s younger teams are way better than the older. The older ones are no good at all. Parents bying into the spallina gme at this young age.

Didn’t they also beat your YJ team 10-0 next time they played? 91 has completely revamped the girls program- that’s why the younger teams are improving. They are right there w the boys on same type of training schedule. You can detest on 91 all you want but it is a great spot to get your daughter great training in a great environment.[/quotek

Not sure where.yot for that fake 10-0 score from lol.....typical 91 fantasies and propoganda. 91 is not a good girls program and they aren't invited to the big tournaments out of state because they're not taken seriously. Keep playing in your weak " mylacrosse tournaments" and blowing people out . Youre amazing . If 91 is so great with the girls why does the spallina who coaches Stony Brook university girls lacrosse have his daughter on yellow jackets .....case closed
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]91 Roar team playing up in Fall Classic this weekend. Going to be interesting to see how bad they beat those 2028 teams
..

Cmon.... the only thing you will see is 4 grown, over-caffeinated (i hope) men, running up and down the sidelines yelling nonsense at the girls playing. Embarrassing.


A year ago they beat my daughter's yellow jackets team Friedman by 1 goal lol....now all of a sudden they're playing up ? Lol what a joke you 91 parents are for beleiving you're playing good teams and that you're really just that good . You're not that special . Go to the big tournaments before you start talking smack ....then do some talking .

91s younger teams are way better than the older. The older ones are no good at all. Parents bying into the spallina gme at this young age.

Didn’t they also beat your YJ team 10-0 next time they played? 91 has completely revamped the girls program- that’s why the younger teams are improving. They are right there w the boys on same type of training schedule. You can detest on 91 all you want but it is a great spot to get your daughter great training in a great environment.[/quotek

Not sure where.yot for that fake 10-0 score from lol.....typical 91 fantasies and propoganda. 91 is not a good girls program and they aren't invited to the big tournaments out of state because they're not taken seriously. Keep playing in your weak " mylacrosse tournaments" and blowing people out . Youre amazing . If 91 is so great with the girls why does the spallina who coaches Stony Brook university girls lacrosse have his daughter on yellow jackets .....case closed

Not to mentioned they've had like six different girls directors who have quit over the past 6 years.
91 doesn’t have some great secret for success. Every team works hard. They targets the best players on other teams and they actively re riot them including offering some of them free tuition. As far as the girls go they don’t have a great program now but maybe one day as all the boys 91 parents that want a second child discount will sign their daughters up.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 doesn’t have some great secret for success. Every team works hard. They targets the best players on other teams and they actively re riot them including offering some of them free tuition. As far as the girls go they don’t have a great program now but maybe one day as all the boys 91 parents that want a second child discount will sign their daughters up.

Let’s see in a few years.
For one, the 91 training is second to none...
Its funny how everyone is wrapped up in tournament attendance and where they play. You dont get better by attending a certain tournament, its all at practice.
As for Stonybrook Spallina not involved in 91, the guy lives on the east end, he coaches and gets paid by YJ, he has his own business.
The younger teams are working their butt off...YJ teams are probably working on their " barrel through to the 8 meter and flop on the ground"
We'll revisit the thread come late July
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For one, the 91 training is second to none...
Its funny how everyone is wrapped up in tournament attendance and where they play. You dont get better by attending a certain tournament, its all at practice.
As for Stonybrook Spallina not involved in 91, the guy lives on the east end, he coaches and gets paid by YJ, he has his own business.
The younger teams are working their butt off...YJ teams are probably working on their " barrel through to the 8 meter and flop on the ground"
We'll revisit the thread come late July

give me a break. talk to me when your daughter is in her recruiting years that tournaments and playing the right level competition don't matter....ridiculous
Never said that...But we are talking 5th grade, right?
Tournaments right now, especially fall, mean nothing...Everyone is worried about what other teams are doing, its great.
Oh by the way, see you in Maryland this summer, then again when your kid is at tryouts in August!!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Never said that...But we are talking 5th grade, right?
Tournaments right now, especially fall, mean nothing...Everyone is worried about what other teams are doing, its great.
Oh by the way, see you in Maryland this summer, then again when your kid is at tryouts in August!!

Spallina has his daughters with YJ. Enough said.
Oh god! The 91 office needs to lay off BOTC. 91 isn’t good! The younger teams had a moment of success last year but are now equal to other 2029 teams on the island. The training is second to none?!? The training ran by 95% men in the tiny indoor space where kids can barely move yet they will cramp in 50-75 kids at a time so make their $. Give us a break and stay off the thread. 91 girls will never compete with legacy, top guns, YJ, or jesters in the long run.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Never said that...But we are talking 5th grade, right?
Tournaments right now, especially fall, mean nothing...Everyone is worried about what other teams are doing, its great.
Oh by the way, see you in Maryland this summer, then again when your kid is at tryouts in August!!

Spallina has his daughters with YJ. Enough said.

To be fair though, isn't that a different Spallina though?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For one, the 91 training is second to none...
Its funny how everyone is wrapped up in tournament attendance and where they play. You dont get better by attending a certain tournament, its all at practice.
As for Stonybrook Spallina not involved in 91, the guy lives on the east end, he coaches and gets paid by YJ, he has his own business.
The younger teams are working their butt off...YJ teams are probably working on their " barrel through to the 8 meter and flop on the ground"
We'll revisit the thread come late July

Let just say you (91) has one good team (29) and you are here promoting your team on and off and said your training is second to none. It's a bit much. Agreed with the other poster that your team (29) could be on par with other teams on the island, but that's it. Haven't seen much of anything from the other 91 teams....
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For one, the 91 training is second to none...
Its funny how everyone is wrapped up in tournament attendance and where they play. You dont get better by attending a certain tournament, its all at practice.
As for Stonybrook Spallina not involved in 91, the guy lives on the east end, he coaches and gets paid by YJ, he has his own business.
The younger teams are working their butt off...YJ teams are probably working on their " barrel through to the 8 meter and flop on the ground"
We'll revisit the thread come late July

Let just say you (91) has one good team (29) and you are here promoting your team on and off and said your training is second to none. It's a bit much. Agreed with the other poster that your team (29) could be on par with other teams on the island, but that's it. Haven't seen much of anything from the other 91 teams....

That’s fair. The 30’s and 31’s will also be very competitive. They are very young but they are building solid teams in the younger ages.
The poster talking about male coaches and a small facility are clueless. There are female directors and coaches running or contributing heavily at every session. the “tight” indoor space isn’t hurting the boys now is it? Nobody is saying 91 is the “best” girls program today. What they are doing and have been for the last 2 years coaching, practicing, training has been great. Hope your teams are doing the same for your kids
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$


91 is one of the most expensive clubs on the island, goes to no strong tournaments, and puts themselves in their own companies tournaments to recycle the tuition money back to them.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$


Have fun playing at playing at "my lollipop tournaments" I heard that's what they call them for the boys . Works like this ....91 teams are only entered in weak tournaments that they own ....called " mylacrosse tournaments" where they blow out horrible teams then get a t shirt and go home and say " we blow everyone out 18-0"....combined scores of 85-6....lol....talk about drinking the Kool aid . You're a joke along with your leader . But keep putting yourself on the back and say you're #1 as you blow out B teams
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For one, the 91 training is second to none...
Its funny how everyone is wrapped up in tournament attendance and where they play. You dont get better by attending a certain tournament, its all at practice.
As for Stonybrook Spallina not involved in 91, the guy lives on the east end, he coaches and gets paid by YJ, he has his own business.
The younger teams are working their butt off...YJ teams are probably working on their " barrel through to the 8 meter and flop on the ground"
We'll revisit the thread come late July



Let me reiterate , Joe spallina (coach of women's stonybrook university lacrosse ) has his daughter on yellow jackets ....you say he lives in the east end ? Well, his son plays for 91. So while 91 is a good boys program, the girls program is not good and will never be good . That's why he has his daughter with yellow jackets and son with 91. Have a nice day
Haha...No clue...We'll see you in Maryland on July 16th, if not sooner, and reconvene this conversation on the Following Monday. In the meantime keep the girls working on their "8 meter flop"!!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$


Have fun playing at playing at "my lollipop tournaments" I heard that's what they call them for the boys . Works like this ....91 teams are only entered in weak tournaments that they own ....called " mylacrosse tournaments" where they blow out horrible teams then get a t shirt and go home and say " we blow everyone out 18-0"....combined scores of 85-6....lol....talk about drinking the Kool aid . You're a joke along with your leader . But keep putting yourself on the back and say you're #1 as you blow out B teams

It sounds like your daughter is not and never will be good enough to play on the 29 91 team!! Maybe you get lucky and get the chance to face them 7/16!!!
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$


Have fun playing at playing at "my lollipop tournaments" I heard that's what they call them for the boys . Works like this ....91 teams are only entered in weak tournaments that they own ....called " mylacrosse tournaments" where they blow out horrible teams then get a t shirt and go home and say " we blow everyone out 18-0"....combined scores of 85-6....lol....talk about drinking the Kool aid . You're a joke along with your leader . But keep putting yourself on the back and say you're #1 as you blow out B teams

It sounds like your daughter is not and never will be good enough to play on the 29 91 team!! Maybe you get lucky and get the chance to face them 7/16!!!


And watch the 4 male coaches running up and down the sidelines playing Daddy coach and yelling at their daughters. Run from this team as fast as you can.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

this is everything...well said and 100% true and has always been true. If I had a $ for every time 91 on the girls side was supposedly turning the corner.....
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

this is everything...well said and 100% true and has always been true. If I had a $ for every time 91 on the girls side was supposedly turning the corner.....
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

this is everything...well said and 100% true and has always been true. If I had a $ for every time 91 on the girls side was supposedly turning the corner.....

This was true in the past. Unfortunately folks 91 is now paying just as much attention on the girls side. Yes YJ is a better program today, no arguments. But the tournament argument is a joke- the competitive 91 girls teams will play in whatever tourneys they want- just like the boys do. These younger teams won’t have girls jumping ship because the coaching, training etc is superior to any other girls program (or at least equal). Let’s see but I would bet u have girls moving to 91 not the other way around. But no need to be hostile- if you’re happy at YJ or wherever else great. Competition is good
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I see here is that the YJ koolaid is tasting a little watered down and in turn just want to detest on 91. Dont worry YJ, shes building a complex to make it taste better and raise those tuition fee$$$$


91 is one of the most expensive clubs on the island, goes to no strong tournaments, and puts themselves in their own companies tournaments to recycle the tuition money back to them.

Although I don’t disagree with this assessment of 91, YJ also recycles their tuition money in their own tourneys, CR had her hands in basically every tourney they go to, YJ jjst has more clout in the lax world and these tourneys aren’t on LI, but when all said I’m done for all clubs, it’s a business first.

Being around club lax for the past 10 years, it’s a shame there isn’t a big LI tourney where all the LI teams go and teams from out of state like MD and NJ come. The oysters side don’t have to travel for top tourneys, but the girls are stuck
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

Totally agree, find a club that is having fun early on and not just about lacrosse (less stress) . Then train on the side and see how seriously your daughter wants to take it, and her commitment level to training. If she’s serious and you feel the club is not, get your daughter on a more serious club. Don’t wait too long after 6th grade. Going to be much harder after that. Spots will get harder to find on those teams.
You unfortunately have no clue....Good luck.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

We all agree about 91’s past. Anyone there now will tell you they feel it has changed on the girls side. And there are female coaches on every team FYI. If in 2 years it all falls apart then so be it- you YJ lovers were right and we were wrong.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

We all agree about 91’s past. Anyone there now will tell you they feel it has changed on the girls side. And there are female coaches on every team FYI. If in 2 years it all falls apart then so be it- you YJ lovers were right and we were wrong.

Not just "YJ lovers" saying it...this is pretty universally felt by everyone who has been through this rodeo before
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

We all agree about 91’s past. Anyone there now will tell you they feel it has changed on the girls side. And there are female coaches on every team FYI. If in 2 years it all falls apart then so be it- you YJ lovers were right and we were wrong.

Not just "YJ lovers" saying it...this is pretty universally felt by everyone who has been through this rodeo before

Talk to anyone in the older girls circuit and they will tell you they have heard this talk and seen this walk many times from this program. Sadly it doesn’t land even with best efforts from the club. I applaud them on trying, it just has never stuck despite rebranding so many times.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent with an older child who was in the program avoid at all costs. Despite having the best possible coaches we could the club lacks resources and doesn’t invest in the girls despite whatever graphics they cook up to say otherwise.

Not sure how I ended up on a thread for this age group but hoping to shed some light. My daughter was also at one of the clubs mentioned above as being more of a boys club with new things to come for the girls. We left in 8th grade and it was the best decision we could have made. We didnt realize the grass really was greener until the jump. At this age, keep your kid where theyre happy. As they get older and they decide if this is a long term goal for them, then kids will jump. It's been this way for many many years.

We all agree about 91’s past. Anyone there now will tell you they feel it has changed on the girls side. And there are female coaches on every team FYI. If in 2 years it all falls apart then so be it- you YJ lovers were right and we were wrong.

Not just "YJ lovers" saying it...this is pretty universally felt by everyone who has been through this rodeo before

Talk to anyone in the older girls circuit and they will tell you they have heard this talk and seen this walk many times from this program. Sadly it doesn’t land even with best efforts from the club. I applaud them on trying, it just has never stuck despite rebranding so many times.

Playing should always stay fun IMO but I hear what you are saying about needing to make moves when the time comes if we have to.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

Guaranteed he will not stick around
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?

Yup. And the girls tuition is very reasonable. So not sure what u mean that we are paying for it. It’s not just that team that has access to the facility. You all sound like a bunch of babies- we get it you detest 91. Let’s see how the younger teams do over the next few years. Anyone who thinks that a competitive 91 team won’t have access to any tournament they want is a joke
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?

Yup. And the girls tuition is very reasonable. So not sure what u mean that we are paying for it. It’s not just that team that has access to the facility. You all sound like a bunch of babies- we get it you detest 91. Let’s see how the younger teams do over the next few years. Anyone who thinks that a competitive 91 team won’t have access to any tournament they want is a joke

OK if you say so....good luck
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?

Yup. And the girls tuition is very reasonable. So not sure what u mean that we are paying for it. It’s not just that team that has access to the facility. You all sound like a bunch of babies- we get it you detest 91. Let’s see how the younger teams do over the next few years. Anyone who thinks that a competitive 91 team won’t have access to any tournament they want is a joke

OK if you say so....good luck

They are the most expensive Long Island club…
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?

Yup. And the girls tuition is very reasonable. So not sure what u mean that we are paying for it. It’s not just that team that has access to the facility. You all sound like a bunch of babies- we get it you detest 91. Let’s see how the younger teams do over the next few years. Anyone who thinks that a competitive 91 team won’t have access to any tournament they want is a joke

You are a Joke. Stop talking because this obviously your first rodeo!
Heard "lax like a girl" 7v7 was last weekend...What was the talent like? who won it?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?


Another perspective here. My youngest daughter is a 29 and plays on YJ. Her best friend played one year of rec and then joined Team 91 this year. After seeing her play a few days ago, I was shocked by the progress. While I can't comment on whether this club will break through, the coaching is clearly quite good.

Personally, I'd like to see them succeed. But for this to happen, they need to upgrade their schedule asap. the best girls need game experience and want to play against better teams. This even more than club reputation will lead girls to leave.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?


Another perspective here. My youngest daughter is a 29 and plays on YJ. Her best friend played one year of rec and then joined Team 91 this year. After seeing her play a few days ago, I was shocked by the progress. While I can't comment on whether this club will break through, the coaching is clearly quite good.

Personally, I'd like to see them succeed. But for this to happen, they need to upgrade their schedule asap. the best girls need game experience and want to play against better teams. This even more than club reputation will lead girls to leave.

I think that the first year going from town to club you also see major growth Because you’re playing more frequently. More playing time means more improvement
Question : Has anyone gone to the games at BC lately?. How is the parking situation and how early do you need to get there? The information online seem to relate to football games. Looking to go during spring break. Any tips are appreciated.
91 tying YJ Friedman
I
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 tying YJ Friedman


I guess that 91 "superteam"is just not that super ....that's what happens when you don't play bad teams ,you really find out what you are
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 tying YJ Friedman


91 overrated . Nothing special
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 tying YJ Friedman


91 overrated . Nothing special
Didn’t they win the tournament? Hmm
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 tying YJ Friedman


91 overrated . Nothing special
Didn’t they win the tournament? Hmm

They beat bad teams including a town team and tied a good team, if thats what you’re happy about and “winning the tournament “ then congratulations. 91 will get smoked if they step foot off of Long Island and play top teams from Maryland and New Jersey. Until then keep beating bad teams and patting yourself on the back.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 tying YJ Friedman


91 overrated . Nothing special
Didn’t they win the tournament? Hmm

B Spal get off botc
The Turf kids just Championed Lax by the Sea.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Turf kids just Championed Lax by the Sea.

the who?
Friedman got pumped in MD.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Friedman got pumped in MD.

Friedman lost all 4 past weekend.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Friedman got pumped in MD.

Friedman lost all 4 past weekend.

How were teams they played?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Friedman got pumped in MD.

Friedman lost all 4 past weekend.

How were teams they played?

Maryland teams looked strong. M&D and Coppermine were very good. Heros was exceptional.
Maryland teams are on a different level compared to LI teams. Hero’s is head and shoulders above everyone else. Their “B” team is better than most A team.
How did LI teams fair at Lax for the Cure this weekend?
Spallina going nuts on sidelines was something to behold
91 played great. Made it to finals and ran into Heros Green. Definetly hold backs and refs very bad. All in all a positive day for 91 considering first tourney w all the powerhouses.
Blaming loss to Hero’s Green on refs and alleged hold backs with nothing to support that claim? Score was 6-3 with a 22 minute running clock. Weak sauce. YJ should have had them earlier anyway.
I thought 91 looked good too. The YJ game wasn’t very competitive. They won easily. Heroes looked very strong. Two girls were excellent.
Placing blame on refs and “holdbacks” takes away from the work and skill level girls from Maryland clubs have. It is ok we are more skilled and better coached at this point, no excuses.

With this being your first tourney with all the “powerhouses” your style of play is now on the refs radars. I can see more yellow cards being issued against you guys at mid-Atlantic. Our refs allow you to play defense but you have to play within the rules.
I agree that for fifth graders, 91 looked aggressive and the penalties really hurt them in that tournament. How does that change as girls get older? Will they have a leg up as they age and more checking is allowed? As someone who is considering 91 for my just starting out kid, wondering if it is an advantage in later years?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that for fifth graders, 91 looked aggressive and the penalties really hurt them in that tournament. How does that change as girls get older? Will they have a leg up as they age and more checking is allowed? As someone who is considering 91 for my just starting out kid, wondering if it is an advantage in later years?


Move on from 91...not a good girls club . They will play in their own weak tournaments and blow people out then they will go out of state and lose against good teams . Happens all the time with the boys . They don't develop. And of course when they lose there is always an excuse " it's the refs " ...." The other girls were older" etc....etc....not a good girls club
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that for fifth graders, 91 looked aggressive and the penalties really hurt them in that tournament. How does that change as girls get older? Will they have a leg up as they age and more checking is allowed? As someone who is considering 91 for my just starting out kid, wondering if it is an advantage in later years?


Move on from 91...not a good girls club . They will play in their own weak tournaments and blow people out then they will go out of state and lose against good teams . Happens all the time with the boys . They don't develop. And of course when they lose there is always an excuse " it's the refs " ...." The other girls were older" etc....etc....not a good girls club

If you want to knock the 91 girls program that’s fair. But you lose all credibility bringing the boys side into it. They are top 2 boys program on LI and arguably in the country. And if your argument is development take a look at their college commits.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that for fifth graders, 91 looked aggressive and the penalties really hurt them in that tournament. How does that change as girls get older? Will they have a leg up as they age and more checking is allowed? As someone who is considering 91 for my just starting out kid, wondering if it is an advantage in later years?


Move on from 91...not a good girls club . They will play in their own weak tournaments and blow people out then they will go out of state and lose against good teams . Happens all the time with the boys . They don't develop. And of course when they lose there is always an excuse " it's the refs " ...." The other girls were older" etc....etc....not a good girls club

If you want to knock the 91 girls program that’s fair. But you lose all credibility bringing the boys side into it. They are top 2 boys program on LI and arguably in the country. And if your argument is development take a look at their college commits.


Top 2 lol......until about 7th grade then they tank because as you get older you can't run through 3 people anymore . Same will happen with the girls . Girls are not even in the top 25 in the country and never will be
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree that for fifth graders, 91 looked aggressive and the penalties really hurt them in that tournament. How does that change as girls get older? Will they have a leg up as they age and more checking is allowed? As someone who is considering 91 for my just starting out kid, wondering if it is an advantage in later years?


Move on from 91...not a good girls club . They will play in their own weak tournaments and blow people out then they will go out of state and lose against good teams . Happens all the time with the boys . They don't develop. And of course when they lose there is always an excuse " it's the refs " ...." The other girls were older" etc....etc....not a good girls club
If your on this thread im assuming u have a 2029 girl that plays lax. Im also going to assume that she has either lost to 91 A team or not good enough to play the A team. Either way sounds like sour grapes!
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws
Is it true the FLG team folded?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws

To be completely honest 91 girls don’t have any strong teams except 2029. The only reason why that team is any good is because Spallina coaches it.
B Spallina is just waiting for the call from CR to join YJ just like J Spallina. BS will take a few of the better girls and the rest will need to fend for themselves. BS is an embarrassment on the sidelines as a coach.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws

To be completely honest 91 girls don’t have any strong teams except 2029. The only reason why that team is any good is because Spallina coaches it.

91 2030’s just beat legacy who are solid team
What are your thoughts on the three YJ teams?? Heard the C team coach lost his mind in the LI tourney. How about the A and B teams??
Number 20 on the A team is very good.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Number 20 on the A team is very good.
Im sure your daughter is great
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws

To be completely honest 91 girls don’t have any strong teams except 2029. The only reason why that team is any good is because Spallina coaches it.

91 2030’s just beat legacy who are solid team


Congratulations....keep staying there and waiting until the place implodes just like every other 91 girls year . Keep thinking about "winning" while watching your girls not develop and not get playing time in close games . Get a clue
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are your thoughts on the three YJ teams?? Heard the C team coach lost his mind in the LI tourney. How about the A and B teams??

There is one A team (Friedman) and two B teams. The Suffolk B team (Duswalt) has a 'win at all costs' mentality which is why he (Duswalt) "lost his mind". The Nassau B team (Howley) likely has better coaching and plays everyone somewhat more equally. Both B teams have too many players (24+), so the parents are hoping for a 4th team.
Interesting....the almighty 91 team played another weak tournament and then had to go to the last second of a game to beat a town team in the end ? Oh yeah, I would say that the 91 girls team is dominant lol...if that's what you say hahaha
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws

To be completely honest 91 girls don’t have any strong teams except 2029. The only reason why that team is any good is because Spallina coaches it.

91 2030’s just beat legacy who are solid team


Congratulations....keep staying there and waiting until the place implodes just like every other 91 girls year . Keep thinking about "winning" while watching your girls not develop and not get playing time in close games . Get a clue

I think the argument should be the opposite- the teams may not be better than the YJ or 1 or 2 others but the time/training is as good as anywhere. *right now. You’re right has imploded in the past but seems to be different now. Time will tell
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LFTC tourney was my first time seeing the 91 team. Pretty good team. But the coaches are an absolute embarrassment to youth sports. Coaching from 10 yards on the field, arguing with the refs and other coaches. Saw them play two games and their coaches got a card in both games.

As many have noted 91 girls sometimes have stronger youth teams but as soon as they hit Highschool all the good ones run. They will soon fall behind again. Having spallina freaking out will make 91 look worse as they get older and parents are going to get tired of the directors and owners of the club getting carded in elementary school gamws

To be completely honest 91 girls don’t have any strong teams except 2029. The only reason why that team is any good is because Spallina coaches it.

91 2030’s just beat legacy who are solid team


Congratulations....keep staying there and waiting until the place implodes just like every other 91 girls year . Keep thinking about "winning" while watching your girls not develop and not get playing time in close games . Get a clue


91 sent only 1 team to girls youth nationals in DE the 13U team. They went 0-3 and were non competitive. This is not a well developed girls lacrosse organization. The 2029 team will fold when BS goes to YJ same as brother did. Go to tryouts for the other respected girls lacrosse organizations.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are your thoughts on the three YJ teams?? Heard the C team coach lost his mind in the LI tourney. How about the A and B teams??

There is one A team (Friedman) and two B teams. The Suffolk B team (Duswalt) has a 'win at all costs' mentality which is why he (Duswalt) "lost his mind". The Nassau B team (Howley) likely has better coaching and plays everyone somewhat more equally. Both B teams have too many players (24+), so the parents are hoping for a 4th team.


Actually Incorrect.....YJ has 2 Suffolk (Friedman & duswolt) and 1 Nassau (Howley ) they aren't A and B. Yes , Friedman is the stronger of the 3 and that's why it may be thought of as the A but it technically is not . YJ has chosen to split their teams up with Suffolk and Nassau . Which is unfortunate because they could have one dominant team but instead they have girls split up that are A team players into 2 teams instead . Also unfortunate for YJ is that whole the Friedman team seems to have more of the YJ backing in terms of practice space etc....they will eventually lose girls to other programs if they feel like there are better local options rather than go out east to practice. While their intention was good it has watered down the teams .
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are your thoughts on the three YJ teams?? Heard the C team coach lost his mind in the LI tourney. How about the A and B teams??

There is one A team (Friedman) and two B teams. The Suffolk B team (Duswalt) has a 'win at all costs' mentality which is why he (Duswalt) "lost his mind". The Nassau B team (Howley) likely has better coaching and plays everyone somewhat more equally. Both B teams have too many players (24+), so the parents are hoping for a 4th team.


Actually Incorrect.....YJ has 2 Suffolk (Friedman & duswolt) and 1 Nassau (Howley ) they aren't A and B. Yes , Friedman is the stronger of the 3 and that's why it may be thought of as the A but it technically is not . YJ has chosen to split their teams up with Suffolk and Nassau . Which is unfortunate because they could have one dominant team but instead they have girls split up that are A team players into 2 teams instead . Also unfortunate for YJ is that whole the Friedman team seems to have more of the YJ backing in terms of practice space etc....they will eventually lose girls to other programs if they feel like there are better local options rather than go out east to practice. While their intention was good it has watered down the teams .
then why did friedmans team play in the 'A' bracket at queen of island while the other two teams were in the 'B' bracket? (Probably bc they are b teams)
Rooaarrr.......and that's what happens when you don't play in your own weak tournaments,you go 0-3....boom
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.


Actually the real lame ones are the sideline coaches/parents of your team . If it weren't for that spectacle on the sideline of your games nobody would really care but you reap what you sow. Can't have it both ways
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.


Actually the real lame ones are the sideline coaches/parents of your team . If it weren't for that spectacle on the sideline of your games nobody would really care but you reap what you sow. Can't have it both ways

Coaches are a disgrace. These are YOUNG kids who need role models not coaches who scream, get kicked off, and treat these kids like they’re on an Olympic team. Totally killing the sport for them.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.


Actually the real lame ones are the sideline coaches/parents of your team . If it weren't for that spectacle on the sideline of your games nobody would really care but you reap what you sow. Can't have it both ways

Coaches are a disgrace. These are YOUNG kids who need role models not coaches who scream, get kicked off, and treat these kids like they’re on an Olympic team. Totally killing the sport for them.

Run very far if that’s your daughters coach. Too young to be subjected to that. At this age it should be about training, learning, getting better . ALL the girls should be playing and developing. That can wait for a couple of more years. Get your daughter in a positive situation. “Winning isn’t everything if you are losing”!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.


Actually the real lame ones are the sideline coaches/parents of your team . If it weren't for that spectacle on the sideline of your games nobody would really care but you reap what you sow. Can't have it both ways

Coaches are a disgrace. These are YOUNG kids who need role models not coaches who scream, get kicked off, and treat these kids like they’re on an Olympic team. Totally killing the sport for them.

Run very far if that’s your daughters coach. Too young to be subjected to that. At this age it should be about training, learning, getting better . ALL the girls should be playing and developing. That can wait for a couple of more years. Get your daughter in a positive situation. “Winning isn’t everything if you are losing”!

2029s getting benched and screamed at by 91 roar coaches? Kids coming off the sidelines crying in parking lots. Really top notch program
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.


Actually the real lame ones are the sideline coaches/parents of your team . If it weren't for that spectacle on the sideline of your games nobody would really care but you reap what you sow. Can't have it both ways

Coaches are a disgrace. These are YOUNG kids who need role models not coaches who scream, get kicked off, and treat these kids like they’re on an Olympic team. Totally killing the sport for them.

Run very far if that’s your daughters coach. Too young to be subjected to that. At this age it should be about training, learning, getting better . ALL the girls should be playing and developing. That can wait for a couple of more years. Get your daughter in a positive situation. “Winning isn’t everything if you are losing”!

2029s getting benched and screamed at by 91 roar coaches? Kids coming off the sidelines crying in parking lots. Really top notch program
Nah, thats the coach from the suffolk YJ C team.
Too bad this is all anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are such a lost. To sit and revel over 11 year olds losing is so freaking lame.


Actually the real lame ones are the sideline coaches/parents of your team . If it weren't for that spectacle on the sideline of your games nobody would really care but you reap what you sow. Can't have it both ways

Coaches are a disgrace. These are YOUNG kids who need role models not coaches who scream, get kicked off, and treat these kids like they’re on an Olympic team. Totally killing the sport for them.

Run very far if that’s your daughters coach. Too young to be subjected to that. At this age it should be about training, learning, getting better . ALL the girls should be playing and developing. That can wait for a couple of more years. Get your daughter in a positive situation. “Winning isn’t everything if you are losing”!

2029s getting benched and screamed at by 91 roar coaches? Kids coming off the sidelines crying in parking lots. Really top notch program
Nah, thats the coach from the suffolk YJ C team.


And team 91 roar...thats a FACT
How many LI YJ teams are there for girls 2029? Are they all parent run teams or paid coaches?
© BackOfTheCage