@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse topics pertaining to the Girls 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020 season.
What top teams for this age group have try outs left? Anyone in Suffolk County? Daughter has never played club ball before but has played on home league. Am I starting her too late? Someone told me it’s too late and most top teams are formed?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What top teams for this age group have try outs left? Anyone in Suffolk County? Daughter has never played club ball before but has played on home league. Am I starting her too late? Someone told me it’s too late and most top teams are formed?

Most teams haven't had tryouts yet. But many are soon. Really soon. Like this weekend.

You aren't starting her too late. There will always be a place for her to play, but you have to be realistic about her abilities and find the right fit.

Yes, teams are "formed" if by formed you mean they exist and have been playing for 2-3 years. But all teams have spots every year. I would venture to say teams generally turn over between a quarter and a third of the roster each year at this age, some more and some a little less. Even the "top" teams.
Thank you. How often do you “travel” in club ball. What is the average price? And what team would you suggest? (Ones that still have try-outs). Are there any specific ones I should avoid? Or really go for?

Most teams haven't had tryouts yet. But many are soon. Really soon. Like this weekend.

You aren't starting her too late. There will always be a place for her to play, but you have to be realistic about her abilities and find the right fit.

Yes, teams are "formed" if by formed you mean they exist and have been playing for 2-3 years. But all teams have spots every year. I would venture to say teams generally turn over between a quarter and a third of the roster each year at this age, some more and some a little less. Even the "top" teams.
Thank you. How often do you “travel” in club ball. What is the average price? And what team would you suggest? (Ones that still have try-outs). Are there any specific ones I should avoid? Or really go for? [quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What top teams for this age group have try outs left? Anyone in Suffolk County? Daughter has never played club ball before but has played on home league. Am I starting her too late? Someone told me it’s too late and most top teams are formed?

Most teams have roughly 4-5 tournaments over the summer. Travel usually includes a trip to MD and a perhaps NJ at that age, the other tournaments are usually on LI. Cost depends on league, some leagues include the cost of fall ball in their price, most don't. On average its going to cost around $1500 to register and sign up for tournaments, then you have your travel expenses of hotel and tolls and food etc. Some teams are less, like Blue Devils (suffolk) and some are more (9-1). YJ LEG and TG all fall somewhat in that range. As far as making a team is concerned, most kids will make a team, could be A B or C in some leagues. With travel you have to be realistic with your kids abilities. This is not pay to play on most teams, its play to win in most cases. I hope you find the right fit for your child.
My grade schooler is interested in playing travel lacrosse in the Farmingdale area. We’ve never played before but she’s always been a top athlete in soccer and basketball. I heard the LI Yellow Jackets are the best club, but also that the owner Carol Rose is racist and perhaps even transgender too. Appears very possible based on internet pics of her (sorry but she looks like a dude) and the club (everyone looks alike). Also found Rose’s Twitter profile and saw that deplorably she’s an active supporter of the orange traitor in the White House. Not a character role model I want for my adopted immigrant daughter, but then it’s also clear that the Yellow Jackets are tremendously successful. I don’t think it’s right to fault the character of the entire club or the many other coaches without at least asking for honest feedback first. What’s been everyone’s experience?
Stick with Soccer...
How do the moderators let the same guy post the same message on 5 different threads?

you guys wanna clean this up..

( I can copy and paste too)
© US Lacrosse Community Forum