@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season
Congratulations to both YJ teams this weekend! Both represented LI well, nice job girls.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to both YJ teams this weekend! Both represented LI well, nice job girls.

Really? Only 5 teams in the bracket and 2 were YJ, both went 2-2 in pool play. No HoCo, M&D, Hero, Nem's, Integrity
Wouldn’t have mattered, those teams are all very beatable in on age tourneys. But we see you stalked us anyway, checking out the scores while your 13 and 14 year olds “took a break”!!!
Was there never a large thread for the 2024’s or is it that the parents are that much more mature and respectful of each other?
Was there never a large thread for the 2024’s or is it that the parents are that much more mature and respectful of each other?

There is a large thread, but they just don't want you to know about it.
What happened to the Igloo girls teams??
igloo was bought out by YJ
[quote=Anonymous]igloo was bought out by YJ

Look on the YJ web site Igloo is one of the 24 teams listed
the Bel Air MD tourney was run really well 2-3 weeks ago. Great experience for our team!
What is the most competitive program for girls in this age group?

In no particular order - M&D, HoCo, Heroes, NEMS, Integrity

what about on Long Island?
[quote=Anonymous]What is the most competitive program for girls in this age group?

M&D is da best
they split their squad at IL Indoor Lax Championship, added some talented 2025s and both teams made the finals. That is what you call depth.
they split their squad at IL Indoor Lax Championship, added some talented 2025s and both teams made the finals. That is what you call depth.

Spanked YJs
[quote=Anonymous]they split their squad at IL Indoor Lax Championship, added some talented 2025s and both teams made the finals. That is what you call depth.

Spanked YJs

And YJ used a player listed on their 2023 roster and that wasn't enough to slow down M&D
[quote=Anonymous]they split their squad at IL Indoor Lax Championship, added some talented 2025s and both teams made the finals. That is what you call depth.

Spanked YJs

And YJ used a player listed on their 2023 roster and that wasn't enough to slow down M&D

I remember when my current 2021 was coming up through this process, I read the crazy posts and even participated from time to time. What a mistake. Look at the 2021 board for the last 6 months, no one cares about what club team is the best anymore, it is irrelevant. Enjoy your daughter, her teammates and your fellow parents. Those are the things that might mean something in a few years, maybe a relationship or two that will last down the road, no one will care about the rest of it. Good luck and enjoy the ride....
Spanked YJs

[/quote]

I remember when my current 2021 was coming up through this process, I read the crazy posts and even participated from time to time. What a mistake. Look at the 2021 board for the last 6 months, no one cares about what club team is the best anymore, it is irrelevant. Enjoy your daughter, her teammates and your fellow parents. Those are the things that might mean something in a few years, maybe a relationship or two that will last down the road, no one will care about the rest of it. Good luck and enjoy the ride....[/quote]

Best post ever on BOTC. It’s about the big picture folks. Noone cares what team your daughter was on in 7th grade - it means nada.

Spanked YJs

Thugs!!
Spanked YJs

I remember when my current 2021 was coming up through this process, I read the crazy posts and even participated from time to time. What a mistake. Look at the 2021 board for the last 6 months, no one cares about what club team is the best anymore, it is irrelevant. Enjoy your daughter, her teammates and your fellow parents. Those are the things that might mean something in a few years, maybe a relationship or two that will last down the road, no one will care about the rest of it. Good luck and enjoy the ride....[/quote]

Best post ever on BOTC. It’s about the big picture folks. Noone cares what team your daughter was on in 7th grade - it means nada.

It must mean something to YJ if they are using players that are not on their 2024 roster to try and win an indoor lacrosse tournament.
Spanked YJs

Best post ever on BOTC. It’s about the big picture folks. Noone cares what team your daughter was on in 7th grade - it means nada.[/quote]
Agree 100% from another 2021 parent.
Looking for a good Nassau program for my 2024 daughter. She has good skills, not perfect but average at least. Cannot stand the program we are with. Run by a bunch of kids who don't even play HS
Wondering if anyone might be able to pass along some info on girls lacrosse coaches near Old Westbury, We live out of state and will be traveling to LI 3 to 4 days a week for my son to practice with his squad. I was hoping to have my 8 year old daughter get in some one on one sessions while we are there. Any ideas would be much appreciated. I figured the 2024 forum would be a good place to post since most parents will have had quite a bit of experience. I can be reached at njboxla@gmail.com . Thanks in advance for sharing.
Who's the top team in this group this summer?
Originally Posted by lax_lax
Who's the top team in this group this summer?

M&D, and I'm not sure it's all that close.
Really...Didn't see them at nationals last year....
Sunday , YJ will play the overrated M&D.
Sunday , YJ will play the overrated M&D.

M&D plays YJB Sunday
what happened YJ I came to see a great game
YJA went 3-1 against much tougher competition than M&D.
YJA went 3-1 against much tougher competition than M&D.

Why do they put themselves in b brackets. Are they afraid of real competition?. That will all change this weekend. They won’t be able to hide
You do know that M&D 2024 Black has won lax for the cure the past two years. How are they hiding from anyone? They play 4 tourny in fall, the indoor champ at spookynook in January and then 5 tourny in summer. The only request ever made is to play best teams possible. Love playing the really good LIYJ team. LOve playing the good Monster team. You get better playing best teams you can play. THese girls are well coached and work hard and are looking forward to this weekend.
How did that work out for you all? M&D never ever is in a B bracket.
24 top 10. Us club lax rankings blow.

.mnd black.
Skywalkers Blue
Ct grizzlies
Yj weiner
Hoco

Big gap

Heros
Monster
Nems
Stars
??? Changes weekly

Steps has to beat a good team to deserve any consideration.
Md United is awful.
Does legacy play anyone?
Tlc red should never be on a top 50 list.
Lbc only plays B tournaments

Debate away!
Based on Summer2019 results to date

M&D
SWB

Nems/YJW/Hoco/Grizzlies

Heros/Stars/ LBC/ Monster
LOL does Legacy play anyone? do you watch the tourney results and matchups? they're a top 2 team on LI in 2024 for sure. That HOCO and M&D Blk are def the top two teams from what I've seen at tourneys. that Monster team is really good as well. Great passing team. Well coached. They'll be top 5 soon I think.
Gotta win off the island too. The rankings are best teams all over.

This summer every team is really playing for #2 anyway.
MidAtlantic championship last weekend was interesting
© US Lacrosse Community Forum