@BackOfTheCAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
County Champions 2018

Nassau A - Syosset beats Farmingdale
Nassau B - GC beats Manhasset - Who Cares
Nassau C - LV Beats CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM beats SE
Suffolk B - EI beats RP
Suffolk C - MP beats SWR
Suffolk D - Babylon beats Port Jeff

Nassau wins LIC in A-B-C
Pequa will be good this year.
Guessing a Syosset daddy on this one. Leaves out Pequa and gives GC The Who cares. Oh well might as well get it over with, you'll finish 4th., Pequa, Dalers and PW will all smack you around.
I like Islip and Smithtown West in Suffolk. Not to necessarily win, but be in it.

Will CSH be in it next year?

Think GC and Manhasset will be a good rivalry, cant wait to see their out of conference schedules. So some do care.

I am also not sure how you can count out Pequa. Do Syo kids go to St Doms? Did this hurt the program, will they be back?
CSH will be fine in C and top 5 in Nassau overall, but not top team on the National level next year.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
County Champions 2018

Nassau C - LV Beats CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM beats SE
Suffolk B - EI beats RP
Suffolk C - MP beats SWR

Nassau wins LIC in A-B-C

I agree with all except Suffolk C MP had their best team last year. It will be Islip,SWR or Mt Sinai. I would Pick Islip over Mt Sinai.
County Champions 2018

Nassau C - LV Beats CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM beats SE
Suffolk B - EI beats RP
Suffolk C - MP beats SWR

Nassau wins LIC in A-B-C

I agree with all except Suffolk C MP had their best team last year. It will be Islip,SWR or Mt Sinai. I would Pick Islip over Mt Sinai.

You believe Syosset will win Nassau A? They were the 3rd place team and got spanked by both Massapequa and Farmingdale. They will struggle with both of those teams and PW will most likely beat them as well, much improved team up North.
County Champions 2018

Nassau C - LV Beats CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM beats SE
Suffolk B - EI beats RP
Suffolk C - MP beats SWR

Nassau wins LIC in A-B-C

You believe Syosset will win Nassau A? They were the 3rd place team and got spanked by both Massapequa and Farmingdale. They will struggle with both of those teams and PW will most likely beat them as well, much improved team up North.

Actually I was just commenting on Suffolk, but I did see Syosset get spanked at the Hofstra tournament this summer. I wasn't impressed.
County Champions 2018

Nassau C - LV Beats CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM beats SE
Suffolk B - EI beats RP
Suffolk C - MP beats SWR

Nassau wins LIC in A-B-C

Actually I was just commenting on Suffolk, but I did see Syosset get spanked at the Hofstra tournament this summer. I wasn't impressed.

I totally get the hating on Syosset but you lose all credibility when you put PW in the same conversation with Syosset. to say they will "most likely beat them" is silly when you know full well if they did beat them it would be considered a huge upset,
County Champions 2018

Nassau C - LV Beats CSH
Nassau D - Oyster Bay

Suffolk A - WM beats SE
Suffolk B - EI beats RP
Suffolk C - MP beats SWR

Nassau wins LIC in A-B-C

I totally get the hating on Syosset but you lose all credibility when you put PW in the same conversation with Syosset. to say they will "most likely beat them" is silly when you know full well if they did beat them it would be considered a huge upset,

The post had zero credibility from the beginning. Syosset graduated their exceptional players. They are a mediocre or less team, PW is older and stronger. SE graduated most of their team. SW is the team to beat in Smithtown. WM will be strong. GC & Set always strong and a real lacrosse fan cares. Therefore, the original Syosset dad moron is a waste of time.
Well syosset only graduated 2 players and only one of them did anything!!! So to say farmingdale blew them out 1 goal win is a blow out!!! I forgot!!! PW won't be within 6 goals of syosset. Farmingdale graduated there 2 tops players. It will be a typical syo / Pequa final.
Well syosset only graduated 2 players and only one of them did anything!!! So to say farmingdale blew them out 1 goal win is a blow out!!! I forgot!!! PW won't be within 6 goals of syosset. Farmingdale graduated there 2 tops players. It will be a typical syo / Pequa final.

Okay, just remember I told you so! PW will be the dark horse of A, maybe not the champs but 3rd place behind Farmingdale or Pequa
Ok port dad!!! You have a dream and that all it is. No crawley anymore!!!! It's not going to be port year!!!! Pequot/ syo final
Ok port dad!!! You have a dream and that all it is. No crawley anymore!!!! It's not going to be port year!!!! Pequot/ syo final

I thought Crawley graduated 4 years ago.
He did that was ports only hope!!!
He did that was ports only hope!!!

No really did Port have another Crawley. Thought there was one who went to Hopkins a few years back.
Yes one went to Hopkins and other is still at port not even close to his brother!

Says the Syo dad
Yes one went to Hopkins and other is still at port not even close to his brother!

The graduated in June.
PW will contend AND beat Syosset in the playoffs, mark my words! The will have a season similar to Farmingdale last year. Syosset will be closer to a Plainview JFK.
Port dad what are you smoking? Syosset only lost 2 starters and that team beat port by 6 goals and took out the starters in middle of the 3rd quarter. So relax that port will be like farmingdale gale you are drunk!! Port has nothing!!!
PW will contend AND beat Syosset in the playoffs, mark my words! The will have a season similar to Farmingdale last year. Syosset will be closer to a Plainview JFK.

Son, isn't it 'bout time to change your coach, 4 coaches in 9 years and a whopping 2-10 record against Syosset in that time - maybe worry about North Shore and South Side and not Syosset.

editors note - this is not meant at a knock against the kids on PW 0 just the sad little person that needs to build himself up by knocking others down
I find it interesting that a daddy from Port is writing checks his kid can't cash.

Son, isn't it 'bout time to change your coach, 4 coaches in 9 years and a whopping 2-10 record against Syosset in that time - maybe worry about North Shore and South Side and not Syosset.

editors note - this is not meant at a knock against the kids on PW 0 just the sad little person that needs to build himself up by knocking others down

So you just knocked the program, meaning the kids. Way to go brain surgeon. What a tool, typical Syosset

So you just knocked the program, meaning the kids. Way to go brain surgeon. What a tool, typical Syosset

Knock on the program has nothing to do with the kids - nothing - program is in a downward spiral because of all the coaching changes and Dads (or Moms) making bold predictions that the kids are going to have to deal with on the field. Listen, there ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree

Knock on the program has nothing to do with the kids - nothing - program is in a downward spiral because of all the coaching changes and Dads (or Moms) making bold predictions that the kids are going to have to deal with on the field. Listen, there ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree

Bring back Kenny Case! ;-)

Wait a sec. Isnt syosset the program that has had multiple issues with their coach and students over the past few years. You know underwear gate, the smoking of illegal substances before a playoff game, etc. Come on guy, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
Touché

Dude, please stop writing like you're Dirty Harry. Makes you seem kind of sad and really geeky.
Guess the Syosset dads don't like the truth.
We know the truth!!!!
We know the truth!!!!

You can't handle the truth!!!!
Ok we can't handle the truth!! You can handle port can't beat syosset
Ok we can't handle the truth!! You can handle port can't beat syosset

Is that even English? You write like a moron, Port will beat Syo, that is all!
Ok tool bag I think not!!!!!

4th place sucks, you'll learn to live with it! Hahahaha notice you didn't comment on the other poster who exposed your program for what it is, hypocrite.
Our program is winning unlike your program!
Our program is winning unlike your program!

And the issues with your program? Pant less d-bags
That's all you got wow!! Grow up you [lacrosse]!
That's all you got wow!! Grow up you [lacrosse]!

As posted earlier, the truth hurts!

4th place sucks, you'll learn to live with it! Hahahaha notice you didn't comment on the other poster who exposed your program for what it is, hypocrite.

no such thing as fourth place - the two losers of the semi finals do not play each other in a consolation game so there is no third and fourth place standings. If you take the regular season into account then technically Syosset would be third and Port Washington would be fourth but nobody does that so lets agree that they were both losers.

IMHO the best way to sum up both teams is expectations.....
Syosset was 14 - 3 and had a disastrous year not making into the county championship game
Port Washington had a very successful year going 11-6 and making to the County Semi-Finals

no such thing as fourth place - the two losers of the semi finals do not play each other in a consolation game so there is no third and fourth place standings. If you take the regular season into account then technically Syosset would be third and Port Washington would be fourth but nobody does that so lets agree that they were both losers.

IMHO the best way to sum up both teams is expectations.....
Syosset was 14 - 3 and had a disastrous year not making into the county championship game
Port Washington had a very successful year going 11-6 and making to the County Semi-Finals

= PW overrated!
If the expectations for Port were not high how were they overrated? Syosset on the other hand was supposed to contend for the LIC, they lost to the Dalers and got dismantled by Massapequa. That is the epitome of overrated. Sorry if this stings a bit, but PW,Dalers, Massapequa and Port all got better. Syosset is going to be substantially worse. I would be surprised if they don't finish .500 or worse. Certainly not a contender, it will be a stretch for them to make the playoffs.
If the expectations for Port were not high how were they overrated? Syosset on the other hand was supposed to contend for the LIC, they lost to the Dalers and got dismantled by Massapequa. That is the epitome of overrated. Sorry if this stings a bit, but PW,Dalers, Massapequa and Port all got better. Syosset is going to be substantially worse. I would be surprised if they don't finish .500 or worse. Certainly not a contender, it will be a stretch for them to make the playoffs.

Towards the end of the spring season, people were talking about them going into the playoffs like they were headed to states - that equals overrated.
What are you smoking!!! Syo will be contenders they only graduated 2 middies and only 1 was only a loss. They whole team will
Be back from past season. If I recall they beat port by 6 goals and pulled the starters out in 3rd quarter. But syo won't contend ok we will see. Your got it port dreamer dad!! Will be pequa and syosset final. Dealers lost there 3 top point leaders. Pequa has just about everyone returning, they will be tough team.
(a) If the expectations for Port were not high how were they overrated? Syosset on the other hand was supposed to contend for the LIC, (b) they lost to the Dalers and got dismantled by Massapequa. That is the epitome of overrated. (c) Sorry if this stings a bit, but PW,Dalers, Massapequa and Port all got better. (d) Syosset is going to be substantially worse. (e) I would be surprised if they don't finish .500 or worse. Certainly not a contender, (f) it will be a stretch for them to make the playoffs.

You get an A for effort but a C- for execution.

(a) Correct PW was not over rated they were rated accuratly
(b) they actually got dismantled by Massapequa and then lost to Farmingdale, not the other way around
(c) you state that PW, Dalers, Massapequa and Port all got better, assuming PW is Port Washington ......who then is Port?
(d) this is an opinion not a fact, so while common sense and pretty much anybody that follows HS lacrosse would disagree, you are entitled to your opinion, ...everybody has one.
(e) / (f) now your just being a silly little boy, typing with one hand
(a) If the expectations for Port were not high how were they overrated? Syosset on the other hand was supposed to contend for the LIC, (b) they lost to the Dalers and got dismantled by Massapequa. That is the epitome of overrated. (c) Sorry if this stings a bit, but PW,Dalers, Massapequa and Port all got better. (d) Syosset is going to be substantially worse. (e) I would be surprised if they don't finish .500 or worse. Certainly not a contender, (f) it will be a stretch for them to make the playoffs.

(b) they actually got dismantled by Massapequa and then lost to Farmingdale, not the other way around
(c) you state that PW, Dalers, Massapequa and Port all got better, assuming PW is Port Washington ......who then is Port?
(d) this is an opinion not a fact, so while common sense and pretty much anybody that follows HS lacrosse would disagree, you are entitled to your opinion, ...everybody has one.

You get an A for BOTC typing, and an F for parenting, go buy your kid some pants witty guy!! Hahahaha

As is your opinion that you are a good parent, it's misguided, now go away and hug your son!

As is your opinion that you are a good parent, it's misguided, now go away and hug your son!

nowhere was it stated that anybody posting on BOTC is a good parent, simply by posting on BOTC we are all admitting to some parental shortcomings. My poor parenting has little to do with BOTC or lacrosse. I would have been a crappy parent with or without the internet.

nowhere was it stated that anybody posting on BOTC is a good parent, simply by posting on BOTC we are all admitting to some parental shortcomings. My poor parenting has little to do with BOTC or lacrosse. I would have been a crappy parent with or without the internet.

You know what, for a Syosset parent you're pretty damn funny. You win! Game over
Ty Xanders top 100 2018's

College
Yale 7
Harvard 7
Maryland 6
Hopkins 6
Virginia 6
Duke 5
Denver 4
Mich 4
Navy 4
Princeton 4
Syracuse 4

State
NY 27 (9 LI)
MD 15
Conn 14
PA 10
Cali 6
Ohio 5

Position
Attack 22
A/M 12
Middy 29
F/O 6
D/LSM 24
G 7
Any box lacrosse out there for HS guys looking to work on their game over the winter?
© US Lacrosse Community Forum