@BackOfTheCAGE
Wow...great job by Express North winning the Long Ireland tournament this year. Must have been a tough tournament playing kids a year younger. Enjoy the tee shirts coaches! Well deserved.
It was a 2025 team playing a 2026 team. Unreal.
the Irish tournaments are never easy
Really, wow. I was wondering why multiple kids had the same jersey numbers. Nuts.
Can't wait to see the headline on site: "Congrats to the 2025 North team for winning the Long Ireland 2026 Division championship"
Express wouldn't lie about the kids age or grade it must have been a mistake on the part of the tournament.....
What a joke, a select travel team with 2025 kids go into a 2026 division to win a T-shirt. Congrats LI Express North hope your proud that you're teaching kids to cheat. Great example coaches, enjoy the shirts
Express should be ashamed of themselves. They not only had 2025 playing in a 2026 div but they also had a few 2024 players. What the heck are they thinking, was it that much fun to beat up on little kids. The tournament just lost a ton of respect, but I wonder how often this is going on since its so important to win at any level it seems.
You are a bunch a cry baby parents. There were only 8 kids that weren't the proper age playing and only 2 of them were scoring all the goals. You are telling me you couldn't stop 2 players from scoring. It looks like you had some bad coaching and now you are some sour parents. Get a life!!!!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are a bunch a cry baby parents. There were only 8 kids that weren't the proper age playing and only 2 of them were scoring all the goals. You are telling me you couldn't stop 2 players from scoring. It looks like you had some bad coaching and now you are some sour parents. Get a life!!!!

So only 8 of the 10 starting kids were inappropriate ages? 80% of the starters... if only 2 kids could score against younger kids your coaching blows! Bring your true 2026s and take your [lacrosse] beating from Grip 'N Rip or Levittown like a man. Pathetic, cheating in a charity tournament. [lacrosse] Clown! Kudos to Levittown for calling their [lacrosse].

hahaha
Cheating is cheating, don't try and justify it. You pathetic loser
Bottom line your team didn't want to play in your own age bracket 2025 which had enough teams itself. You were AFRAID so you played down. Pathetic on your part. So you took the easy way out...we understand what you did. It's ok, really enjoy the tee shirts. I

E

lol either you take a hole to a new level or you are trying to be funny

8 kids....its called cheating. No matter how many points they score.you can't win without your 8 older players!? Get a life!!!!
What a joke, a director puts his undefeated town travel teams in lower PAL brackets so they can win. Too bad he doesn't run Hershey. Sure he will make it up in Greenport

Only 8 kids not proper age???? Please tell me you are being sarcastic? The Express were openly admitting that they 2024 kids playing and several 2025 kids playing against 2026. Disgusting. Then of course Express announces on their Twitter feed that they won to help promote tryouts. Zero morals. One year is a huge factor in athletics but two is overwhelming.
The coach could have given the other teams a heads up at least.
Levittown tomahawks parents and coaches should be ashamed of the behavior they displayed yesterday. Long Island express was asked last minute to play in this tournament. The cursing and screaming was poor sportsmanship. The drinking at this event is an embarrassment.

It is about the players and the parents ruined it. Enjoy your t-shirts and the pride you have for behaving that way. Best of luck.
No..it's true. There were 2026, 2025, and at least 1 2024 kid on that Express team. Spoke with a parent and the kids talked to each other on the field. So the coaches knew.
Levittown tomahawks parents and coaches should be ashamed of themselves for the behavior they displayed yesterday. Long Island express was asked to play at this tournament last minute. The cursing and screaming in front of kids was poor sportsmanship. The drinking at this event is an embarrassment.

It was about the players and they all played well. Enjoy your t-shirts and the pride you have for behaving that way. Best of luck.
No..not a crybaby..the fact that you openly admit to 8 players playing on a lower grade bracket and are ok with it shows that maybe you need a life and should stop living vicariously through your kid. Keep your shirt..I'm sure the adult size should fit you too..I'd rather teach my kid that cheating is not the way to go. it's okay that my 3rd grader can't cover your 6th grader...I'm ok with that....
You are an idiot, 1 kid at that age could take over a game. Only 8 omg

This is the most ignorant statement and pretty much sums up how this great game is being ruined by clubs & parents with a win at all cost mentality. You are teaching young kids that its ok to cheat!! for what a t-shirt to post it on a web page? You all need to take are hard look at how your raising your kids, keep teaching him this and they'll be cheaters for the rest of their lives. What a disgrace for LI Express to go from being crowned world series of lax champions to cheaters just pathetic!! Enjoy the shirts and make sure when you tell people you won the championship that you tell them you did paying down a division. Oh wait that won't happen cheaters=liars
Levittown tomahawks parents and coaches should be ashamed of the behavior they displayed yesterday. Long Island express was asked last minute to play in this tournament. The cursing and screaming was poor sportsmanship. The drinking at this event is an embarrassment.

It is about the players and the parents ruined it. Enjoy your t-shirts and the pride you have for behaving that way. Best of luck.

Did the Express coach know? He denied having older kids even after it was already known. wth is that? He could have easily diffused the situation by explaining it was a last minute thing,etc. And forget about Levittown, there was another team that was screwed over more because of this. The tournament organizer apologized. But both them and the Express coaches should have been up front about it. They weren't and it was a complete surprise. We had a similar situation last year and the opposing coach had his team work off-hand, multiple passing, etc. It's fine if you know what you are up against going in. That would be the classy thing to do.

That's great you were asked last minute to play but bring your 2026's not 2025 & 2024 payers. Levittown did nothing wrong they called out a bunch of cheaters. How you can even justify what you did is ridiculous. How is it fair to all of the true 2026 teams that entered that tournament. we all know why Express didn't bring their true 2026 team because they would have lost. For you to say Levittown parents & coaches should be ashamed of their behavior, those kids played hard all day earned the right to play for the championship against a true 2026 team not a team full of older kids, You really need to take a look at yourself Talk about poor sportsmanship cheating a fine example of sportsmanship, I sure you all made Channy proud. keep convincing yourselves that you won and what you did is right..

Superb trolling. lol
Originally Posted by meco24

Did the Express coach know? He denied having older kids even after it was already known. wth is that? He could have easily diffused the situation by explaining it was a last minute thing,etc. And forget about Levittown, there was another team that was screwed over more because of this. The tournament organizer apologized. But both them and the Express coaches should have been up front about it. They weren't and it was a complete surprise. We had a similar situation last year and the opposing coach had his team work off-hand, multiple passing, etc. It's fine if you know what you are up against going in. That would be the classy thing to do.

Couldn't agreee more Grip it & Rip it got screwed it should have been them in the championship against Levittown. It's all on Express and their coaches who could have been forthright but chose to be classless and that says a lot about that organization.
Ashamed? Actually quite the opposite. I will never back down for sticking up for kids who worked their butts off to get to a championship only for it to be stolen by classless jerks. Express you cheated you got called out enjoy that embarrassment
Classic!!! Because they can't compete with their own age group....pathetic coaching.

Hey. I'm new to the area. Have a 7th grader that is looking for a club team on LI. I really want him to shine. Can anyone recommend a program that will let him play against younger kids so he looks better. Want to pad his resume.
Express North is a bunch of cheating [lacrosse] bags. Bottom line.
Here is the problem with your argument, every Express team was in action yesterday at NLF and Hershey and god knows where else.Doubt they had all these extra studs to use in this tournaments.
Here is the problem with your argument, every Express team was in action yesterday at NLF and Hershey and god knows where else.Doubt they had all these extra studs to use in this tournaments.

They were wearing Express uniforms and called themselves Express. Are you saying they were impostors? A clever negative PR stunt perpetrated by one of the other elite clubs perhaps?
Express North is a bunch of cheating [lacrosse] bags. Bottom line.

my kid loves his t shirt. wearing it today. i forwarded the express twitter post to my extended family and friends. thanks to your son for being the doormat
Nice. You just proved all our points with that comment about playing with class and dignity. Excellent point. I'm sure you make you're children proud. Father of the year award goes to you.
Nice. You just proved all our points with that comment about playing with class and dignity. Excellent point. I'm sure you make you're children proud. Father of the year award goes to you.
Levittown should shut there mouth. That program is being run by a complete jerk. And it shows by the sidelines. Poor class of people
Levittown should shut there mouth. That program is being run by a complete jerk. And it shows by the sidelines. Poor class of people

Shut THEIR mouth, not shut there mouth. Dummy.
lol......stupid and classless.
The people from Express North are really showing their ignorance with every post. If Levittown is a "poor class" of people, then what would you consider yourself who are a group of cheaters. Since I doubt you understand the definition of the word, I will include it for you.

cheat·er - a person who acts dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

I will try to make this simple for all the Express North parents since reading through this it is apparent you aren't that smart. The Teams were entered into a 2026 Division. This means the kids in this Division are Graduating in 2026, not 2025 or 2024. This is why they label the teams this way in case you were wondering. The Cheating Express North Team doesn't understand basic math or understand what 2026 means. This is why Tournaments are set up this way so teams play their appropriate age group. I highly doubt your World Series U13 Team would have won if the Prime Time Team had 8 players in 9th and 10th Grade playing in the final game or on second thought did you cheat there too?

You can write all you want about Levittown parents, players or coaches you want but you have lost any credibility since you are CHEATERS. You can't get around that at all....you cheated and are now trying to justify it which is even more sad. Your program will be known as the program which has to cheat to win tournaments. Have you posted this "win" on your web page yet to try to get more kids to try out for your pathetic program?

So keep trying to justify your cheating to try to make yourself feel better but you know deep down you cheated. So when you are out with your friends talking about how you went to Long Island and won a tournament, please tell the truth and say you beat a bunch of 3rd graders with older kids. I bet you won't add that part because you will look dumber than you have already shown with all your previous posts.

Good Luck Cheaters.
We have competed against Levittown often. That couldn't be further from the truth. I think the common thread being expressed here is fair is fair. Be honest. With your team and the tournaments you enter. Win fairly. Not with 8 players on your team 1 to 2 years older than the age you enter.
I noticed you already posted the picture of your cheating team on your web page as the 2026 Champions. You failed to mention 8 of your players were "not the proper age" is the wording you used? You forgot to add that to your post. I am looking forward to the Newsday and Channel 12 report on Youth Lacrosse and the win at all cost [cheating] attitudes of coaches and parents. Since Express is looking to increase their publicity with posts on championships you are going to get all the press you want now. You guys are going to be the lead story and should be proud. It is great to be a Syracuse Alumni with a bunch of friends who went to The Newhouse School of Communications and work in the local media. Thank you Express Parents and Coaches for being so dumb. '......only 8 kids were not the proper age........' you really are an idiot.
NEWSFLASH.....This isn't unique to Express North, Levittown or the 2026 age group. It happens at every age. Get used to it.
Does it suck when it cheats a group of hard working kids out of a championship? Absolutely, but until the lacrosse world ENFORCES a uniform age cutoff and penalizes teams that do it, this practice will continue.

I noticed you already posted the picture of your cheating team on your web page as the 2026 Champions. You failed to mention 8 of your players were "not the proper age" is the wording you used? You forgot to add that to your post. I am looking forward to the Newsday and Channel 12 report on Youth Lacrosse and the win at all cost [cheating] attitudes of coaches and parents. Since Express is looking to increase their publicity with posts on championships you are going to get all the press you want now. You guys are going to be the lead story and should be proud. It is great to be a Syracuse Alumni with a bunch of friends who went to The Newhouse School of Communications and work in the local media. Thank you Express Parents and Coaches for being so dumb. '......only 8 kids were not the proper age........' you really are an idiot.

Ha Ha!!!! I'm sure you were very popular at syracuse putting that mouth to good use. I actually wish they would run a story, tryout numbers would probably go up.
Buyer beware express North. Schreiber is a win at all costs director, as slippery as it gets.
NEWSFLASH.....This isn't unique to Express North, Levittown or the 2026 age group. It happens at every age. Get used to it.
Does it suck when it cheats a group of hard working kids out of a championship? Absolutely, but until the lacrosse world ENFORCES a uniform age cutoff and penalizes teams that do it, this practice will continue.

This is why I'm so surprised anyone takes any of these tournaments seriously. Some teams are obviously better but a lot of the time the "championship" is not about who is better at lacrosse but instead who has the most parents willing to game the school system. It's not impressive and I can't believe it's treated seriously.
Schreiber is a total A-hole who is trying so bad to be like Channy. He is sitting in 5th and 6th graders living rooms trying to recruit them like he's from Alabama. Just Pathetic!
OMG you people need to get a life. There were 4 older kids on the team not 8. 2 2025 kids and 2 2024 kids. Maybe if your kids learned how to double the ball properly they could have been stopped. Stop posting and start coaching defense
Your own parents have admitted to 8 kids being older. Instead of putting down 9 year olds why don't you guys try playing teams your own age.
The point is while this happens at multiple age groups and at many tournaments, the issue is the Express parents are trying to justify this practice as acceptable. They are just upset they got caught cheating and doubt they will add this information when describing this weekend because they know it is wrong. If they aren't embarrassed by this or think it isn't wrong, then update your web page and say "Congratulations to the Combined 2026 / 2025 / 2024 Express North Players for playing down a couple years and winning the 2026 Division". Tell the truth but I doubt they will. You got caught cheating and can't deal with it or own up to it.
Test
OMG you people need to get a life. There were 4 older kids on the team not 8. 2 2025 kids and 2 2024 kids. Maybe if your kids learned how to double the ball properly they could have been stopped. Stop posting and start coaching defense

Another moron steps up only 4 kids. Once again idiot it was a 2026 division not 2025 or 2024. It bad enough that you used 2025s but to use 2024 player is just pathetic.

This is why I'm so surprised anyone takes any of these tournaments seriously. Some teams are obviously better but a lot of the time the "championship" is not about who is better at lacrosse but instead who has the most parents willing to game the school system. It's not impressive and I can't believe it's treated seriously.

As your kid gets older you stop taking them seriously because the size difference of the cheaters becomes blatantly ridiculous. Almost dangerous. The integrity of the sport is suffering and we can only hope the governing board steps in and starts implementing same birth year rules as soccer and hockey.
How do you know this?
So said that program is being run by a buch a [lacrosse] so. Said

As your kid gets older you stop taking them seriously because the size difference of the cheaters becomes blatantly ridiculous. Almost dangerous. The integrity of the sport is suffering and we can only hope the governing board steps in and starts implementing same birth year rules as soccer and hockey.

They did already US Lacrosse did their part. However, they can't legislate it. The clubs and PAL on Long Island ignored it. Team LI, which I have no ties to, tried to implement this and while the director was at PAL he brought to a vote and lost, kudos to them. We all complain, but it's not changing.
Stop! Regardless of year which it seems like none of you actually have proof or know these are kids and this was a charity tournament.

I like how you keep adding your own posts about how old they were to act like you are parent for LI but it's easy to see you are just trying to add fuel to the fire and have no clue who was actually playing the 2024 team was playing down the road in another tournament they were not playing Levittown not even 1 of them.

If you have an issue how the tournament was run email the founder of the tournament Charlie as it was his decision and he is faced with this every year as teams agree and back out, he doesn't view this as a tournament as much as he views it as a charity event raising money for a fallen solider and for that reason he may make decisions you don't agree with. Should he not invite travel teams that practice together all year to play town teams who don't maybe but he doesn't run this for parents who want trophies he runs it for donations to give to a charity and all teams going into this should know that.

At the end of the day your kids walked away with championship tshirts even though they didn't win which was demanded by parents and decided by Charlie to diffuse a volatile situation. It was a tshirt you got one move on.

As for respect let's talk about that from the players perspective they had a 4 pass rule once they hit 4 goals most goals scored after the first 4 had at least 8 passes before a shot was taken after 4 passes if a ball was dropped they had to restart to hit 4 again. They also decided to play weak hand which they all did and they played half defense which means they didn't defend your kids as hard as they could have why did they do this because they are good respectful kids who are playing to play better lacrosse. Every goal made was from a 2026 kid if a 2025 was on the field they didn't shoot. The score was actually 15-1 but the team didn't want that big of a number posted so they asked for it not to be.

As for respect let's talk about it from a parents perspective. The Express team tried to explain they were asked to fill a gap with 24 hrs notice they did have some 2025 but that was made well known to the teams directors if that message didn't make it to you that stinks but emails went out you should ask your league director for it because they agreed to that or not play. And that wasn't just for Express several other teams had a few 2025 players. The Express parents never yelled never accused you of anything when quite frankly your obnoxious tormenting yelling cursing drunken tirade was one for the movies but not for a child's lacrosse game. Your coach running across the field in the middle of the game screaming and pointing cheaters at 9 year old children was uncalled for the kids had no involvement in the decision of the tournament directors. Your continued behavior trying to start a fight after the game telling parents you are going to break their face as they were trying to walk away is cowardly. Your continued pressing of tournament directors to the point of making them cry to get a tshirt is out of line.

If you are only playing in these tournaments to win a tshirt you should rethink why you are in lacrosse, if you want your child ton be better playing better teams will do that instead you made up stories and took that away from your kids an in the end taught them to be bullies and that will make you win, such a wrong message.

Last point all of this is on video if you all think your behavior is meant for TV your bosses your union reps your superindents your future students in your classes your friends your kids to relive again your kids future coaches and college recruiters others in your town continue this but if I was you I would walk away and let this alone for what you don't realize is who was sitting on the sideline and who viewed all of this and what they could do with it if they really wanted and the situation you would all be in if all of that footage went public a big majority of you wouldn't have jobs and would be in serious trouble.
Finally a legit comment
Its youth lacrosse, its always about the money whether it be for.... Charity, Clubs, Directors, For Profit Tournaments. Roster age rules are always bent. This one sounds like it was legit but next week someone will be bending again charity or not

Been this way forever and will continue on.
Stop! Regardless of year which it seems like none of you actually have proof or know these are kids and this was a charity tournament.

I like how you keep adding your own posts about how old they were to act like you are parent for LI but it's easy to see you are just trying to add fuel to the fire and have no clue who was actually playing the 2024 team was playing down the road in another tournament they were not playing Levittown not even 1 of them.

If you have an issue how the tournament was run email the founder of the tournament Charlie as it was his decision and he is faced with this every year as teams agree and back out, he doesn't view this as a tournament as much as he views it as a charity event raising money for a fallen solider and for that reason he may make decisions you don't agree with. Should he not invite travel teams that practice together all year to play town teams who don't maybe but he doesn't run this for parents who want trophies he runs it for donations to give to a charity and all teams going into this should know that.

At the end of the day your kids walked away with championship tshirts even though they didn't win which was demanded by parents and decided by Charlie to diffuse a volatile situation. It was a tshirt you got one move on.

As for respect let's talk about that from the players perspective they had a 4 pass rule once they hit 4 goals most goals scored after the first 4 had at least 8 passes before a shot was taken after 4 passes if a ball was dropped they had to restart to hit 4 again. They also decided to play weak hand which they all did and they played half defense which means they didn't defend your kids as hard as they could have why did they do this because they are good respectful kids who are playing to play better lacrosse. Every goal made was from a 2026 kid if a 2025 was on the field they didn't shoot. The score was actually 15-1 but the team didn't want that big of a number posted so they asked for it not to be.

As for respect let's talk about it from a parents perspective. The Express team tried to explain they were asked to fill a gap with 24 hrs notice they did have some 2025 but that was made well known to the teams directors if that message didn't make it to you that stinks but emails went out you should ask your league director for it because they agreed to that or not play. And that wasn't just for Express several other teams had a few 2025 players. The Express parents never yelled never accused you of anything when quite frankly your obnoxious tormenting yelling cursing drunken tirade was one for the movies but not for a child's lacrosse game. Your coach running across the field in the middle of the game screaming and pointing cheaters at 9 year old children was uncalled for the kids had no involvement in the decision of the tournament directors. Your continued behavior trying to start a fight after the game telling parents you are going to break their face as they were trying to walk away is cowardly. Your continued pressing of tournament directors to the point of making them cry to get a tshirt is out of line.

If you are only playing in these tournaments to win a tshirt you should rethink why you are in lacrosse, if you want your child ton be better playing better teams will do that instead you made up stories and took that away from your kids an in the end taught them to be bullies and that will make you win, such a wrong message.

Last point all of this is on video if you all think your behavior is meant for TV your bosses your union reps your superindents your future students in your classes your friends your kids to relive again your kids future coaches and college recruiters others in your town continue this but if I was you I would walk away and let this alone for what you don't realize is who was sitting on the sideline and who viewed all of this and what they could do with it if they really wanted and the situation you would all be in if all of that footage went public a big majority of you wouldn't have jobs and would be in serious trouble.

Here is my take..... If we take this at face value and the director was notified of the 24/25 players on the roster, the blame for this then falls on the director. Need a team that bad and knew they were older....should have only been included for the 3 pool play games and ineligible for championship (especially since it was more about the donation).
There were 7 other teams in the 26 bracket, so I'm not too sure I'm buying the 24hr last minute invite -- especially to an out of town team when the tournament directors know many local teams.
Good attempt to diffuse express north
Another reason to ban solo cups from youth sports. Please people stop drinking at youth events you look like idiots.

Wait until after the event is over then you can drink all you want.

Charlie's heart is in the right place!!!

It's not easy running these events when people back out at the last minute and then the whole bracket is off. Directors from week to week need to keep balance but at times there is nothing that can be done.

That Express team was bigger, faster, and stronger!! That was the difference older or not and that is the way it is and always will be there are teams that are just bigger, faster, and stronger.

That is the whole reason for the hold back talk because 1 year at any level makes a difference in development.

Cheaters win and winner's cheat that is all
Legit comment? This is another idiot trying to justify what occurred and is trying to make veiled threats because he / she cannot handle getting caught.

Older Players: your own coach, team and parents admitted it and even did here. Try reading through the thread again. They already said there were only 8....

If people are serious about fixing the problem, then it should be on the news to get wider exposure. I guess it sucks for Express that you are going to be the poster child for CHEATERS. It isn't about the T-Shirt, it is about INTEGRITY which the Express Organization does not have.

My kids have had other teams 'fill in" for older players but said the outcome of the game will not count towards the playoffs as it is an unfair advantage so the two teams playing with the right age players can play. It is also about safety, a 5th grader is much different from a maturity level than a 3rd grader not to mention the 2024 players are going into Middle School in the fall.

So if the Express Organization had any integrity, they would have bowed out of the finals.

On a final note if it is just a charity tournament, you certainly through up the news you won on your web page pretty fast. why don't you add to your post it was with 8 older players too. Wait.. that would mean you had integrity which you do not.

So stop preaching to everyone here and just realize the Express Organization have no integrity and are a bunch of cheaters. Plus, you are now trying to bully people as well and in writing. You are not very smart. As far as Newsday and Channel 12, they are interested in the story which is the truth. You cheated, posted everything as it was legit, admitted everything in writing and even your bullying comments.

Still all boils down to you Cheated!!! I would like to see your answer on how you didn't.

This should even question the World Championship title too.
How do you know this?

The coach admitted it when called out....

There are a lot of great points in here explaining one point of view. Great job filling in last minute. Yes we should not forget what the tournament is raising money for. I think the big problem was a lack of communication. Look at it from Levittown point of view. We had 3 amazing very tough fought games against top town competition. Some of the other teams we've been back and forth on the W and L end over a few years. Great close games each time. Great lacrosse played by both teams in all 3 games. Very 2026ish level of play. Kids, parents, coaches looking to make it one more against a travel team, who will have an advantage over town teams no matter what. Then only well after the game starts it's found out that there are older kids on the other team. This news was new to us and you can't really fault us for thinking there is f#ckery going on at that point. Grip and Rip were screwed over too. Apparently they didn't get the memo either. Charlie explained the situation to us afterwards. Water under the bridge... Express coach shook hands with us before the game. Maybe that would have been a good time to let us know "hey we have older kids, they will play offhand, won't shoot, etc." After the "discovery" he denied it flat out. That part is really weird. And definitely made things worse. He seemed like a good guy. He could have said something like "we filled in last minute, didn't the tournament organizer let you know?" This part doesn't make sense at all. I don't want to harp on it, but did he not know either?
It's the fact if you want to know so bad and care ask Charlie the season for 2026/2025 North ended the week prior this was not a game they planned to be in but decided to do it for charity and it was well known by the director that some 2025 players would be needed to come to make a team north showed up with 14 kids when the 2026 team is comprised of 22... actually it was less than 24 hrs notice as an email went out to parents at 11 am Friday morning. Express had already played in enough tournaments for the season they didn't need to play in this one.

This was a charity event not a lacrosse tournament stop acting like it was to win the olympics if you want to play in a tournament get in one then you will see how ridiculous all of your comments really are
It's the fact if you want to know so bad and care ask Charlie the season for 2026/2025 North ended the week prior this was not a game they planned to be in but decided to do it for charity and it was well known by the director that some 2025 players would be needed to come to make a team north showed up with 14 kids when the 2026 team is comprised of 22... actually it was less than 24 hrs notice as an email went out to parents at 11 am Friday morning. Express had already played in enough tournaments for the season they didn't need to play in this one.

This was a charity event not a lacrosse tournament stop acting like it was to win the olympics if you want to play in a tournament get in one then you will see how ridiculous all of your comments really are

Listen I think I'm level headed over this thing. But regarding the olympic comment... Strange there are some kids absent from the picture.
https://twitter.com/ExpressLacrosse/status/886367231596277760

Why not a headline like "Congrats to Express North 2026/2025 on playing hard at Long Ireland Lacrosse!"

c'mon.. lmao

It's always the other teams who should not takes games seriously.
I love this comment....'This was a charity event not a lacrosse tournament stop acting like it was to win the olympics.....' because it is a lie to the Express North. Your Organization couldn't wait to put it up on their Web page. However, you left out the part when posting that you cheated.
The men on the sidelines were dads as we said last minute people stepped up to fill in and help Charlie the actual coaches were on family vacations as the season had already ended
14 kids played 14 in that pic... 2026 has 22 kids had this been a tournament on the schedule you would have seen 22 kids instead you saw a team comprised in less than 24 hours to help someone out
I love this comment....'This was a charity event not a lacrosse tournament stop acting like it was to win the olympics.....' because it is a lie to the Express North. Your Organization couldn't wait to put it up on their Web page. However, you left out the part when posting that you cheated.

Quite the contradiction. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that their intention going in wasn't to cheat. But the picture (and headline too) it is not a good look. It's not being honest, that's for sure. I'd bet all my money if they were somehow losing any of the games at any point their 2025s would be green lighted to shoot with dominant hands. That's how this $#it works. It's fun and dandy and whistle while you work unless you are on the other end.
14 kids played 14 in that pic... 2026 has 22 kids had this been a tournament on the schedule you would have seen 22 kids instead you saw a team comprised in less than 24 hours to help someone out

Got it. Personally I find this a big lesson in a lack of communication.
100% agree
I think lessons all around in this one for all!
The younger divisions played with less teams and did just fine. If you didn't have enough 2026 players then the invitation to play should have been turned down. The tournament director should never have allowed this.
There were no 2024 kids on team
Again, no 2024 players played
What about the kid with the mustache and beard who pulled up in his own car? ;-)

Really??? Wins and losses? Charity money? Filling a spot? A tshirt? This is what we are concerned about? Has anyone given a thought to saftey concerns of playing these older kids against these young children? All to make a few extra dollars for the cause? At what cost? You cant tell me this is not a huge saftey / legal issue. You are delusional if you think there is no problem with running kids 2 years older at this stage in their development. It is insane to me that organizations pull this crap and it will all come to an end when you are the parent of the younger child who is severly physically hurt.
Really??? Wins and losses? Charity money? Filling a spot? A tshirt? This is what we are concerned about? Has anyone given a thought to saftey concerns of playing these older kids against these young children? All to make a few extra dollars for the cause? At what cost? You cant tell me this is not a huge saftey / legal issue. You are delusional if you think there is no problem with running kids 2 years older at this stage in their development. It is insane to me that organizations pull this crap and it will all come to an end when you are the parent of the younger child who is severly physically hurt.

Well said, couldn't agree more it's just sad that organizations & parents have resorted to the win at any cost mentality and then try to justify using older players. It's really sad that this where this great sport is going.
Here's a hypothetical...

Express enters the John A. Smith charity tournament. In the bracket are the 2026 (not 2025) teams Schmigloo*, Team 92*, Leprosy*, Inlaws*, and a few others. Just making up some completely random names... Express comes out on top in all 3 of their games! Wait, no celebrating, this is a charity tournament. How dare you be happy. Is that a grin, you devil you? You should be ashamed of yourself!!! This isn't the olymipcs, stop acting like it. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fingers are wagging at you.

While getting over being ashamed of your happiness, you check the schedule on tourney machine, and next you are going up against a team named SadLax*.

Is it the Olympics? Of course not, you remind yourself. You tell the kids just have some fun against SadLax*. "Don't worry Johnny, this is a charity game, you should be whistling skippity doo dah, not worrying about ground balls. It's just a silly silly game."

At this point you also make sure your kids realize there are starving kids in Ethiopia and this game doesn't mean a single thing. Even the WSYL means nothing, zero, nada, in the grand scheme of things, you remind your son. They are 9 years old afterall. They need these reminders. We ALL need these reminders, let's be honest. Some of them are still 8, buy I digress. None of them are 10, but I digress even more.

Almost half way through the receiving end of an a$$ whipping it is revealed to you that SadLax* is playing with older kids. What in tarnation!... is not what you'd say or think. Rather you think hey, that's AOK!!! My boy is out there having a jolly time. Who cares that this is the 4th game my 10 (whoops I mean 9 or 8) year old has played hard in the July heat and humidity. So long as the boys remember they are playing for John A. Smith they'll be grinning from ear to ear even if the score is 9-1. In fact, I'm in such a charitable mood right now, that I hope the other team scores more and more and more so they have more fun fun fun! YEA!!!!

SadLax* will not, by any means, boast of this on Twitter under the headline that starts "SadLax* 2026..." It's not the Olympics to them. No, no, no sireee!!! SadLax* will remind you that it's not the Olympics.

End of hypothetical....

There is no one on earth who can say with a straight face that they wouldn't be bothered.

But SadLax* filled in last minute and told the organizers. No one told you (or other teams you played). You find this out a little too late, but all good. Carry on. Still not the Olympics though.

*Names are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual teams, active or defunct, is purely coincidental.

Well said, couldn't agree more it's just sad that organizations & parents have resorted to the win at any cost mentality and then try to justify using older players. It's really sad that this where this great sport is going.

While I generally don't disapprove of anything anyone has said about LIENorth, they are not the only one to blame here. Has anyone said anything to Long Ireland Lacrosse, the event organizer? That would be the surest way to stop future abuses. Sure LIENorth played in a game they shouldn't have, but it seems to have been done at the request, or at a minimum, the consent, of Long Ireland Lacrosse. How could they not know of the age disparities and the risks to the children?

Long Ireland Lacrosse is as much to blame as anyone else. In all of your hate speech have you said anything about Long Ireland Lacrosse or do you all just like harping on LIENorth because you lost? Why not ask for a boycott of this charity or event! Insist that Back of the Cage not accept their advertising dollars. Come on people, spread the blame accordingly! If Long Ireland Lacrosse allowed this to happen in this game, don't you think it happened elsewhere or in the future?
From what I've read - The LIE team filled in an empty spot with 24hrs notice - albeit in a division they were too skilled to be in (but THIS WAS APPROVED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR). They played weak hand, half defense and passed the ball instead of shooting. These are all very NORMAL approaches in a situation when a team is notably stronger - it evens out the game considerably. My sons have been on both sides of the advantage in the past and as a parent I respected the coaches tremendously - as no one likes a blatant blow out at a charity tournament like this.

No one complained the boys were overly aggressive/physical on the field. If that were the case - I would think the refs would have put a stop to it immediately and this post would be going in a different direction. But instead - this post is full of immaturity, whining, sour grapes. accusations & name calling.

IMO - Lack of communication from the Tournament Director (who was probably just trying to do the right thing) and mistakes by many were made throughout the 48 hours. I'm sure if it's covered by your news12 threat -- you and the parents on your team won't come out smelling like roses either.

Have a drink, blow off some steam outside of your keyboard courage -- go toss the ball around with your son. Life is too short to get twisted about one charity tournament that may have been mishandled from the top down. And if this age thing really pisses you off - don't have your son play club ball anywhere - it's not going away and no club is free of it. Middle school club ball is even more fun to watch: puberty vs. non puberty players that may or may not have been reclassed. 85lb attackman vs a 150+defenseman. I watch and cringe through it every weekend.
Well said! Safety should be number one! And this is why it is so outrageous that these people see nothing wrong with having older players vs younger ones.
From what I've read - The LIE team filled in an empty spot with 24hrs notice - albeit in a division they were too skilled to be in (but THIS WAS APPROVED BY THE TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR). They played weak hand, half defense and passed the ball instead of shooting. These are all very NORMAL approaches in a situation when a team is notably stronger - it evens out the game considerably. My sons have been on both sides of the advantage in the past and as a parent I respected the coaches tremendously - as no one likes a blatant blow out at a charity tournament like this.

No one complained the boys were overly aggressive/physical on the field. If that were the case - I would think the refs would have put a stop to it immediately and this post would be going in a different direction. But instead - this post is full of immaturity, whining, sour grapes. accusations & name calling.

IMO - Lack of communication from the Tournament Director (who was probably just trying to do the right thing) and mistakes by many were made throughout the 48 hours. I'm sure if it's covered by your news12 threat -- you and the parents on your team won't come out smelling like roses either.

Have a drink, blow off some steam outside of your keyboard courage -- go toss the ball around with your son. Life is too short to get twisted about one charity tournament that may have been mishandled from the top down. And if this age thing really pisses you off - don't have your son play club ball anywhere - it's not going away and no club is free of it. Middle school club ball is even more fun to watch: puberty vs. non puberty players that may or may not have been reclassed. 85lb attackman vs a 150+defenseman. I watch and cringe through it every weekend.

Just to clarify something that I have seen in this post and throughout this thread is that Express was asked to fill a spot with 24hours notice of the tournament. This is absolutely false as they where on the schedule which was out on Tuesday afternoon. Clearly not 24 hours notice. Stop trying to justify why older players used.

so if we want our team to be better we should play better teams, i get that....whats your excuse for your players playing down coach? to make your team feel better? speaking on both sides of your mouth is fun! kinda like not being upfront with all the teams you faced this weekend.
nailed it
Here's a hypothetical...

Express enters the John A. Smith charity tournament. In the bracket are the 2026 (not 2025) teams Schmigloo*, Team 92*, Leprosy*, Inlaws*, and a few others. Just making up some completely random names... Express comes out on top in all 3 of their games! Wait, no celebrating, this is a charity tournament. How dare you be happy. Is that a grin, you devil you? You should be ashamed of yourself!!! This isn't the olymipcs, stop acting like it. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fingers are wagging at you.

While getting over being ashamed of your happiness, you check the schedule on tourney machine, and next you are going up against a team named SadLax*.

Is it the Olympics? Of course not, you remind yourself. You tell the kids just have some fun against SadLax*. "Don't worry Johnny, this is a charity game, you should be whistling skippity doo dah, not worrying about ground balls. It's just a silly silly game."

At this point you also make sure your kids realize there are starving kids in Ethiopia and this game doesn't mean a single thing. Even the WSYL means nothing, zero, nada, in the grand scheme of things, you remind your son. They are 9 years old afterall. They need these reminders. We ALL need these reminders, let's be honest. Some of them are still 8, buy I digress. None of them are 10, but I digress even more.

Almost half way through the receiving end of an a$$ whipping it is revealed to you that SadLax* is playing with older kids. What in tarnation!... is not what you'd say or think. Rather you think hey, that's AOK!!! My boy is out there having a jolly time. Who cares that this is the 4th game my 10 (whoops I mean 9 or 8) year old has played hard in the July heat and humidity. So long as the boys remember they are playing for John A. Smith they'll be grinning from ear to ear even if the score is 9-1. In fact, I'm in such a charitable mood right now, that I hope the other team scores more and more and more so they have more fun fun fun! YEA!!!!

SadLax* will not, by any means, boast of this on Twitter under the headline that starts "SadLax* 2026..." It's not the Olympics to them. No, no, no sireee!!! SadLax* will remind you that it's not the Olympics.

End of hypothetical....

There is no one on earth who can say with a straight face that they wouldn't be bothered.

But SadLax* filled in last minute and told the organizers. No one told you (or other teams you played). You find this out a little too late, but all good. Carry on. Still not the Olympics though.

*Names are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual teams, active or defunct, is purely coincidental.

Now that was funny thanks for the laughs. I almost dropped my solo cup
Take the higher road and handle it maturely. I'd like to hear what the tournament director had to say when you voiced your displeasure.
There was no notice to my team and this is about safety, not winning.
If it was about safety, those of you most concerned would have sat your child and said NO WAY is my kid going out there. I for one would never sacrifice my sons health for a lacrosse game. So those of you spouting off about the dangers of this event, what did you do? If your son played you are a hypocrite, and quite frankly a lousy parent for letting him go out there with the knowledge that his health and wellbeing were in jeapordy. Be honest, It's all about the win, always has been and always will be. Just saying folks!!!
If it was about safety, those of you most concerned would have sat your child and said NO WAY is my kid going out there. I for one would never sacrifice my sons health for a lacrosse game. So those of you spouting off about the dangers of this event, what did you do? If your son played you are a hypocrite, and quite frankly a lousy parent for letting him go out there with the knowledge that his health and wellbeing were in jeapordy. Be honest, It's all about the win, always has been and always will be. Just saying folks!!!

Express coach admitted to having older players toward the end of the championship game. I sure if it was know prior to the start of the game the coaches would have never put them on the field. The Express coach went over to Levittown coaches before the start of the game and wished them luck. That would have been the appropriate time to divulge they were majority of older players. That didn't happen.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the problem was at least 2 of the teams were not notified. Chalk it up to miscommunication. Forgiven as far as I'm concerned at this point. It happened. Learn from it and move on. We've knowingly played older teams in the past. It's a different animal when everyone kids, coaches, parents know what they are up against going in. If the younger ones know they are going up against older kids, they can put the brakes on a little too.

Express coach admitted to having older players toward the end of the championship game. I sure if it was know prior to the start of the game the coaches would have never put them on the field. The Express coach went over to Levittown coaches before the start of the game and wished them luck. That would have been the appropriate time to divulge they were majority of older players. That didn't happen.

Dude, really? You want me to believe not one parent of an opponent knew they were older? Not a single parent complained? I've been around lacrosse for a long time, no one is that naive. It was for the win, I know and you know it. Safety and the well being of kids is secondary to the tshirt. Let's not play the naive game here.
Good point above about not letting your kids play if you were *truly* concerned about safety throughout the game (not just jilted by the fill in decision). I have watched parents pull their 4th grade son out of a very competitive football game (via talking to the coach mid game) because of a safety concern on size difference and aggressiveness of the kid he was being matched up with. The kid pulled out was mortified - but the parents felt they were justified. Further investigation on that particular larger kid -- he did belong in the league and he was just a phenomenal give it all player. Go figure -kids the same age aren't always the same size.

If this thread was really about safety - fine. But come on - it's not. Safety wasn't even discussed until PAGE 6 of this thread. I haven't seen a complaint about aggressive play or a dangerous hit one of the kids received.

Learning experience for all. Communication breakdown happened. Your kids played up against older, more skilled kids and probably learned a thing or two on the field by their experience. No one was hurt - the charity made money. Lessons learned. This thread has run it's course.
I highly doubt there were any 2024 kids playing in that game. The 2024s were in a 2day/4 game tournament in Sachem. Not exactly around the block by LI standards - especially with weekend traffic.

If you are getting your 2024 information from your kids that were talking on the field - let's not forget - the players sometimes talk smack out there on the field.
In lacrosse, if you are not playing down, you are playing up. Get used to it. It is the norm. My experience has been that it is most prevalent in the Balt-DC area and in CT/Westchester area but no region is innocent. Not by a long shot.

I hate it and frankly laugh at those pathetic snowflakes that just need to be good at something, even if that means playing younger kids in order to show well.

It will stop when the college coaches stop encouraging it (never happen) or the insurance company that provides coverage for basically all players and teams (via US Lacrosse membership) demands that it stop.

I'd bet on the lawyers before the coaches though I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Thank goodness some poor kid hasn't been severely injured yet, but sadly that is what it might take.
In lacrosse, if you are not playing down, you are playing up. Get used to it. It is the norm. My experience has been that it is most prevalent in the Balt-DC area and in CT/Westchester area but no region is innocent. Not by a long shot.

I hate it and frankly laugh at those pathetic snowflakes that just need to be good at something, even if that means playing younger kids in order to show well.

It will stop when the college coaches stop encouraging it (never happen) or the insurance company that provides coverage for basically all players and teams (via US Lacrosse membership) demands that it stop.

I'd bet on the lawyers before the coaches though I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Thank goodness some poor kid hasn't been severely injured yet, but sadly that is what it might take.

Man that stinks. Personally I can't stand when there are accusations against other players. I'm not naive, but I'm not the type to accuse someone of being older no matter how big/strong/fast/skilled they are. There was just one time in the 50+ games over the last 3+ years that I was convinced someone was too old. And that was back in 1st grade... No matter how much my radar is going off, I keep it to myself and make sure my son doesn't get jilted into believing anyone better than him or his teammates must be older. I won't let that attitude seep into his head. That's what kind of makes me angry. That it's so accepted and prevalent.
Ok fellas final thought for everyone here. Bottom line here there was no communication by Express North coaches and the tournament directors (who did know whole time) that's another issue itself. It seems this was hush hush from the start about the older kids. They needed another team for the bracket. This tournament was for a great cause so let's not forget about that 🇺🇸. The directors and EN coaches should have told the other team coaches from the start about the kids. If both parties were straightforward we wouldn't be having this conversation. I can speak for myself that I would rather have my kid play up but NEVER PLAY DOWN. I don't mind when he plays up it will only get him better. Bottom line Express North took the easy route. Hopefully everyone learns from this.
Ok fellas final thought for everyone here. Bottom line here there was no communication by Express North coaches and the tournament directors (who did know whole time) that's another issue itself. It seems this was hush hush from the start about the older kids. They needed another team for the bracket. This tournament was for a great cause so let's not forget about that 🇺🇸. The directors and EN coaches should have told the other team coaches from the start about the kids. If both parties were straightforward we wouldn't be having this conversation. I can speak for myself that I would rather have my kid play up but NEVER PLAY DOWN. I don't mind when he plays up it will only get him better. Bottom line Express North took the easy route. Hopefully everyone learns from this.

Playing down is big in MA and PA also. Also keep in mind that even if a kid is "on grade" from MA, PA, MA, ect, they are still older than NYers playing "on grade" because of the older calendar year these other states use for their kids. For instance, and "on grade" 2023 team in NY has 11 and 12 year olds. In these other states, it is more like 12-13. You can put NJ in this category as well. "on grade" kids are older.

Westchester is not big on holdbacks. CT much more so. Issue is that certain teams have a mix of CT and Westchester kids so it becomes like a holdback team. A team that has only NY kids is much more likely to be "on grade".

Playing down is big in MA and PA also. Also keep in mind that even if a kid is "on grade" from MA, PA, MA, ect, they are still older than NYers playing "on grade" because of the older calendar year these other states use for their kids. For instance, and "on grade" 2023 team in NY has 11 and 12 year olds. In these other states, it is more like 12-13. You can put NJ in this category as well. "on grade" kids are older.

Westchester is not big on holdbacks. CT much more so. Issue is that certain teams have a mix of CT and Westchester kids so it becomes like a holdback team. A team that has only NY kids is much more likely to be "on grade".

Every team our 2021 team plays has at least half the kids playing down (older kids). Why is this instance of Express (for once??) have older kids playing? Give me a break. Laxachussets, HHH, MADlax, Edge, Prime Time, ADVANC, etc etc .......you people can't be serious whining about one time the Express had older kids play down. Go to age based bracketing and enforce it like soccer and football or everyone needs to stop complaining.
Agree 3 days now of this nonsense

Not one player was hurt safety was never an issue LiE may have been bigger faster and better players but they were respectful stop the madness stop the commenting move on and enjoy your day life is too short
Unless your Express, 90+1 and Igloo
This absurd.. to me its impossible to,defend having players play down for any reason. I have no dog in the fight but playing down should never be allowed.
Man that stinks. Personally I can't stand when there are accusations against other players. I'm not naive, but I'm not the type to accuse someone of being older no matter how big/strong/fast/skilled they are. There was just one time in the 50+ games over the last 3+ years that I was convinced someone was too old. And that was back in 1st grade... No matter how much my radar is going off, I keep it to myself and make sure my son doesn't get jilted into believing anyone better than him or his teammates must be older. I won't let that attitude seep into his head. That's what kind of makes me angry. That it's so accepted and prevalent.

That's a very clever way of defending hold backs. Nice try.

I never said they are necessarily better. In fact, many are worse.
This absurd.. to me its impossible to,defend having players play down for any reason. I have no dog in the fight but playing down should never be allowed.

You never read that. No one is defending it. The argument was that the parents are more concerned with winning , not the safety of their kids. If they were the child would have been pulled from competition.
LOL.. Many are defending it. Ive see multiple comments saying how its ok cause its for charity and it was last minute. Also the old everyone is doing it!

That's a very clever way of defending hold backs. Nice try.

I never said they are necessarily better. In fact, many are worse.

huh? I'm not defending holdbacks by any means.
Valid lessons for this weekend for all the boys out there:

1. Some people don't play by the rules and sometimes that impacts you.
2. If they run faster, play harder, and shoot better they will win the game.
3. If you are mad that you lost improve for the next time.
4. Practice like you are playing don't play practice.
5. Beware of adults with Solo Cups they act different than adults without them.
6. It's not just a game to some people and that's ok.
7. Everyone will bend the rules because the rules apply to everyone else but them.
8. Play hard until the end even if the game is 8-1 because 10-3 is much better than 10-0 even though 10-3 still sucks.
9. Respect your opponent on and off the field shake hands when your done and say good game even if you know in your heart that they are cheating.
10. Respect the refs they really don't give a crap who wins or loses or if they get the calls right. ( See #5 ).
11. What you do on the field doesn't define who you are but how you act on the field and off the field does.

If you have any more you can add to this list lets keep this going so we can really make this a learning experience for the boys like everyone keeps saying

Keep it going BOTC community!!!

You never read that. No one is defending it. The argument was that the parents are more concerned with winning , not the safety of their kids. If they were the child would have been pulled from competition.

You must not be reading the posts over on the other two boards for recruiting and this topic specifically. The more recent comments there are all about defending, if not outright advocating for holdbacks/reclass/etc.

7. Everyone will bend the rules because the rules apply to everyone else but them.
8. Play hard until the end even if the game is 8-1 because 10-3 is much better than 10-0 even though 10-3 still sucks.
9. Respect your opponent on and off the field shake hands when your done and say good game even if you know in your heart that they are cheating.
10. Respect the refs they really don't give a crap who wins or loses or if they get the calls right. ( See #5 ).
11. What you do on the field doesn't define who you are but how you act on the field and off the field does.

If you have any more you can add to this list lets keep this going so we can really make this a learning experience for the boys like everyone keeps saying

Fantastic list!!! Here is one more:
12. Solo Cup accusations should only be used if and only if there were actually drunk parents.
Kids get better playing against better competition and sometimes playing up. Ltown should just consider that they played up in the championship and their kids improved from it. No one got hurt so get over the loss and move on..

Most boys don't read BOTC (THANK GOD!), so making lists for them here is kind of pointless . . .

The problem with some of this (the parts that concern rules and following them) is that when young kids see cheating be rewarded and condoned, they learn to cheat themselves. This is exactly NOT what I want my kids to learn. So I wholeheartedly disagreed that we should be teaching 10 year olds that "some people cheat - such is life, deal with it and move on." This is not too different than teaching them cheating is ok.

Instead, kids should be taught that when someone is cheating, good people should do something about it. They will have to learn the nuances of how to do this when they get older, but the core message should be that cheating is not acceptable and they should know that he adults around them (parents, coaches, teammate and friend parents) don't tolerate it.

The problem with some of this (the parts that concern rules and following them) is that when young kids see cheating be rewarded and condoned, they learn to cheat themselves. This is exactly NOT what I want my kids to learn. So I wholeheartedly disagreed that we should be teaching 10 year olds that "some people cheat - such is life, deal with it and move on." This is not too different than teaching them cheating is ok.

Instead, kids should be taught that when someone is cheating, good people should do something about it. They will have to learn the nuances of how to do this when they get older, but the core message should be that cheating is not acceptable and they should know that he adults around them (parents, coaches, teammate and friend parents) don't tolerate it.

Well unless you pulled your son from the game and left you did nothing to impart upon him the importance of playing ny the rules. The problem with the holdback argument is that everyone is waiting for someone else to fix it. Not happening, so be a revolutionary and do it yourself!
Add:
Kids should never give up. They need to hard for *every goal or every save* until the very end -even when you are losing by a large amount. It does count in real tournaments in terms of standings with goals against.

Kids should know that cheating isn't "cheating when the rules have been adjusted by the person/people in charge. And if you aren't happy with the situation of a serious disadvantage - handle it like a mature adult. Register a complaint with the Tournament director, contact the Program director of the offending team and contact your own program director. Running off to social media to air your grievances - questionable intent there.

Interesting that as responsible parents, we tell our kids not to take their personal gripes to social media because there is always more to the story and it causes divisiveness and bullying. I guess this was a Do as I say, not as I do situation?

Parents of younger players should know - college coaches are interested in the behavior of the kids on and off the field - and their parents/family play a part on that checklist as well. A black X on the sheet, no matter what column it's in isn't easy to shake. I know you are talking about 3rd graders here, but the time goes quick and it's a small group of lax folks that you run into all the time. The program directors you are slamming on this or any other site/anywhere else could help or hurt your son's chance. You need to be calculated & pick your battles. If your kid is from a whacky family & you get yourself a reputation for causing drama - the college coaches will undoubtedly hear about it. They don't need the drama or your kid at their school no matter how good he/she is.
Add:
Kids should never give up. They need to hard for *every goal or every save* until the very end -even when you are losing by a large amount. It does count in real tournaments in terms of standings with goals against.

Kids should know that cheating isn't "cheating when the rules have been adjusted by the person/people in charge. And if you aren't happy with the situation of a serious disadvantage - handle it like a mature adult. Register a complaint with the Tournament director, contact the Program director of the offending team and contact your own program director. Running off to social media to air your grievances - questionable intent there.

Interesting that as responsible parents, we tell our kids not to take their personal gripes to social media because there is always more to the story and it causes divisiveness and bullying. I guess this was a Do as I say, not as I do situation?

Parents of younger players should know - college coaches are interested in the behavior of the kids on and off the field - and their parents/family play a part on that checklist as well. A black X on the sheet, no matter what column it's in isn't easy to shake. I know you are talking about 3rd graders here, but the time goes quick and it's a small group of lax folks that you run into all the time. The program directors you are slamming on this or any other site/anywhere else could help or hurt your son's chance. You need to be calculated & pick your battles. If your kid is from a whacky family & you get yourself a reputation for causing drama - the college coaches will undoubtedly hear about it. They don't need the drama or your kid at their school no matter how good he/she is.

How do you know that the ONLY way some are addressing the age thing is via social media/BOTC?? You could be doing things elsewhere AND also posting here or elsewhere on social media.
you back up my point completely The problem with slamming on social media is that no one knows the full story.
t
don't get the two year age problem really don't see anyone getting pissed when a freshman is asked to play up on a high school team where the age gap could be 2-4 years
There is a big difference between playing up because your skill and maturity level exceeds your age group and can be competitive at a higher level and playing down.
don't get the two year age problem really don't see anyone getting pissed when a freshman is asked to play up on a high school team where the age gap could be 2-4 years

Isn't that the truth! As a 14-15 yr old HS freshman it's an honor to be playing against Jrs and Srs that have been committed to D1 school. It's recognized that your own skill set is elevated by the level of play you are facing on the field.
I am hearing there is video of Levittown vs Express situation. Youtube? Where is it.....
What about the kid with the mustache & beard who pulled up in his own car? ;-)

meco24: I can't help but think you may have posted on the wrong thread. This is a lacrosse page. You probably thought this was the place where you can complain to your wife about some kid with a mustache and beard pulling up to your house. Probably when she thought you weren't home. }:-)>
© US Lacrosse Community Forum