@BackOfTheCAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Girls 2022-6th Grade age group.
I have a question, my daughter played on 2022 team last year but is a 2023 player. Do clubs usually make you tryout for 2023 or can do clubs usually have them tryout with the team that she played for all last summer. She was an above average player but not the best player on the field. The team was very competitive and successful and my daughter really enjoyed the girls she was playing with. Just not sure of the protocol at most clubs. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a question, my daughter played on 2022 team last year but is a 2023 player. Do clubs usually make you tryout for 2023 or can do clubs usually have them tryout with the team that she played for all last summer. She was an above average player but not the best player on the field. The team was very competitive and successful and my daughter really enjoyed the girls she was playing with. Just not sure of the protocol at most clubs. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

I would say that she would try out with the age that she wants to play on. Most clubs will have you attend those tryouts. But best bet is to ask the specific club.

Thanks in advance

I would say that she would try out with the age that she wants to play on. Most clubs will have you attend those tryouts. But best bet is to ask the specific club.

she trys out where she wants to play if she is young and not up to snuff (doubt it here) they will move her if necessary.

Always challenge your daughter but be a parent first and foremost. Enjoy the ride it could be both fun and frustrating.
[quote=Anonymous]I have a question, my daughter played on 2022 team last year but is a 2023 player. Do clubs usually make you tryout for 2023 or can do clubs usually have them tryout with the team that she played for all last summer. She was an above average player but not the best player on the field. The team was very competitive and successful and my daughter really enjoyed the girls she was playing with. Just not sure of the protocol at most clubs. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance

The club would probably have her play with her own age group especially since she didn't stand out playing up. You should talk to the club I'm sure her coach from the past season can give a recommendation either way. Good luck.
Any thoughts on an Indoor Winter league for this age group? Currently looking for a town team league (an extension of P.A.L)We have played at the Hub the last 2 years.. at $3K for 10 games it just seems like a bit too much money to ask parents to pay.
Checkout Globall Sports
It doesnt appear that Global has a girls indoor league
Now that try outs are over and thoughts on teams on rise or decline
What tourneys are everyone going to on Long Island and away
I havent seen a roster for our club yet.. (YJ)
Buddy of mine who's daughter wa on A team last year said Try out numbers were low only like 13 new girls didn't look everyone from B team returned and will only have two teams
They were hoping to have 3 for this age group
Anyone playing winter ball
TG are just training
Bandits just training- no winter league
Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change.
Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change.

Yes, true. Hard to swallow for many. Glad my daughter will be o e to emerge and excell. Looking forward to this. It's always better to be off the radar and excell when the time is right! The play won't lie!

I got to ask, are you really bitter about how things turned out for your own child or is this just a friendly public service announcement?

As a parent of three girls I would say 6-7 was the most dramatic change in attitude but not physically. 7-8 in our case but maybe we had late bloomers.

Sorry about the A team though

I got to ask, are you really bitter about how things turned out for your own child or is this just a friendly public service announcement?

As a parent of three girls I would say 6-7 was the most dramatic change in attitude but not physically. 7-8 in our case but maybe we had late bloomers.

I'm sorry about the A team too. I have had several go through the travel gauntlet and all well past this age group. On every A team there are 6-8 players who flat out belong there. I feel very lucky to be viewing from that perspective, but believe it or not, the politics and shuffle is frustrating to watch as it does effect the entire team. I'm sure it is even more frustrating being a player whose placement is directly effected by the politics. Regardless, this is the age where all those political placed players jump off the page and frustrate people, including those who flat out belong. Consider it a public service announcement.
Who are the top 3 teams on the island
YJ
Liberty
Top Guns
YJ A -they beat everybody
Top Gun Black - went 20-3 and never lost to a LI team
and third is either Legacy which almost beat TG or YJ B

Liberty has gotten handled and when played TG, TG missed two of their best players that day.

Liberty has gotten handled and when played TG, TG missed two of their best players that day.

There are a few local town teams that might be 3rd.

They might score some goals a keep it close but that is about the best they can hope for
Nn

They might score some goals a keep it close but that is about the best they can hope for

Last summer liberty beat a local team by 1. It was a very competitive game decided in the last minutes. Some towns have the talent to field very good teams,
It would be nice if these teams just played each other!
Nn

Last summer liberty beat a local team by 1. It was a very competitive game decided in the last minutes. Some towns have the talent to field very good teams,

Did you ever think Liberty is not very good team and either was the town team they beat by 1? TG ran over this team at Hofstra last summer. Liberty was physically out matched though they did have good stick skills
Liberty Black and TG Black played to a 12-12 tie at Hofstra last summer.
Didn't YJ B beat Liberty Black in Farmingdale last summer?
just the very idea that someone would remember a 5th/6th grade girls summer lax score result is pretty scary...wow....
just the very idea that someone would remember a 5th/6th grade girls summer lax score result is pretty scary...wow....

Don't be ridiculous ,so a parent remembers if her daughters team won a game ,so what. Could not tell you the scores but I remember many of my college age sons all star little league results as in who won. What is scary is that you do not remember any of your daughters games from last summer , maybe put down the solo cup and pat attention.

yes they did, YJ B went 4-0 that tournament although they lost to the A team in the final...
Correction TG was 20-3-1 tie vs Liberty last summer

yes they did, YJ B went 4-0 that tournament although they lost to the A team in the final...

Did they play the finals or was it forfiet to A team
I know that was done I one tourny -
Liberty tied Top Gun Black with TG missing two best offensive players, otherwise would not have even been close. In fact TG went on to win that tourney at Hofstra and Liberty did not even make it to the finals.

YJ A
TG Black
third is probably YJ B
Originally Posted by Gg1j18

Did they play the finals or was it forfiet to A team
I know that was done I one tourny -

YJ A,B coaches decided not to play the game. A is definitely the better team. A technically "won" the tourney.
Liberty tied Top Gun Black with TG missing two best offensive players, otherwise would not have even been close. In fact TG went on to win that tourney at Hofstra and Liberty did not even make it to the finals.

YJ A
TG Black
third is probably YJ B

Sorry but I've seen Legacy play and they are about the same as TG and a step better than YJ. Of course that was last year and things do change.
The YJ 2022's are scheduled to play at the Midatlantic tournament in May in MD.
How many teams does YJ have at this age group?
2 or 3 ?
How many teams does YJ have at this age group?
2 or 3 ?

looks like 3

So?

This tournaments is in June(6/4 & 6/5) but yes the YJ 2022 will be there.

The website lists many quality clubs

API Select 2022

C2C Dallas 2022

CCLax 22 CC Lax
CheckHers Elite 2022
Coppermine 2022
Hero's 2022 Green
Hero's 2022 White
M&D 22 Black
M&D 22 Red
MD United 2022
MD United 2022
Next Level 2022
Pure Lacrosse 2022
Redshirts 2022
Renegades 22/23
TLC 2022 Red

TLC 2022 White

YJ 22 Russell Long Island Yellow Jackets

..sounds like a good time
YJ A and B
Top Gun
Icon
Medusa

YJ destroyed TG Black last summer. I think they are from LI.

YJ destroyed TG Black last summer. I think they are from LI.

Where did YJ 2022 play TG?.. I'm not disputing the outcome just curious which tourn. they played each other.
[quote=Anonymous]YJ A -they beat everybody

YJ destroyed TG Black last summer. I think they are from LI.[/

Never happened they didn't even face each other last summer.
YJ and Topgun black would be a great game. They have never faced each other in 22 age group. Two best teams on li in age group by far.
They did play. It wasn't close. 8-2 I think.
[quote=Anonymous]They did play. It wasn't close. 8-2 I think.

Wrong again they did not play last summer. The National Draw was the only tournament both teams were at and did not face each other.
OK, so now that all teams have played a game or two, who are the teams and players to watch in this age group?
OK, so now that all teams have played a game or two, who are the teams and players to watch in this age group?

Seriously? Who are the players to watch? They're 12.

Actually most of them are 11. But, by sixth grade teams and players are definitely standing out.

thought it appropriate to repost this...

Actually most of them are 11. But, by sixth grade teams and players are definitely standing out.

There may be some who are standing out, but wanting to identify them is a little disturbing.

There may be some who are standing out, but wanting to identify them is a little disturbing.

OK, you're right. How 'bout that Leisure Village Bocci team. Amazing this year!!

Totally agree with this post. Looking forward to it.
[quote=Anonymous]Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change

One or two from the same team something is wrong? The 2016 TG team consists of a group of Wantagh girls. They won the u15 championship and have a powerhouse high school team. Is it possible a group of girls from the same town all happen to be very strong D1 commits now.

Unfortunately, there are kids who are still on the wrong teams for the obvious reasons. But the cream rises.

[quote=Anonymous]Big year for this age group as the girls enter middle school after the Summer season. It seems that this particular age is when girls physically develop in leaps and bounds, like no other year. Invisible kids from the year prior all of the sudden emerge as studs. Many of those ahead of the curve kids start to disappear. It is also funny, or sad, depends how you look at it, to watch all the politically placed kids start to really struggle. The coaches daughter and the group of friends that have all been on the top teams starts to corrode the teams that are politically put together. Sorry, if there is more than one or two kids from one town on an elite club's top team, something drastically wrong is going on. By far this is the most dramatic year for change

One or two from the same team something is wrong? The 2016 TG team consists of a group of Wantagh girls. They won the u15 championship and have a powerhouse high school team. Is it possible a group of girls from the same town all happen to be very strong D1 commits now.

The 2015 kid from WB won the U15 for them

API Select 2022

C2C Dallas 2022

CCLax 22 CC Lax
CheckHers Elite 2022
Coppermine 2022
Hero's 2022 Green
Hero's 2022 White
M&D 22 Black
M&D 22 Red
MD United 2022
MD United 2022
Next Level 2022
Pure Lacrosse 2022
Redshirts 2022
Renegades 22/23
TLC 2022 Red

TLC 2022 White

Dad of a Maryland 2022 here. Looking forward to the LI teams coming down for this and bringing some new competition. Of that list, Spring league here was dominated by M&D Black, Hero's Green and TLC Red. M&D and Hero's finished undefeated in regular season but TLC won the championship. See you in a few weeks.

API Select 2022

C2C Dallas 2022

CCLax 22 CC Lax
CheckHers Elite 2022
Coppermine 2022
Hero's 2022 Green
Hero's 2022 White
M&D 22 Black
M&D 22 Red
MD United 2022
MD United 2022
Next Level 2022
Pure Lacrosse 2022
Redshirts 2022
Renegades 22/23
TLC 2022 Red

TLC 2022 White

Dad of a Maryland 2022 here. Looking forward to the LI teams coming down for this and bringing some new competition. Of that list, Spring league here was dominated by M&D Black, Hero's Green and TLC Red. M&D and Hero's finished undefeated in regular season but TLC won the championship. See you in a few weeks.

As it is every year, the fact that the Md. teams have played together for a few months will give them the early advantage in most match-ups.
our LI team has not played a game together of any significance since last year. we'll see you guys in ..not weeks .. but 9 days..

API Select 2022

C2C Dallas 2022

CCLax 22 CC Lax
CheckHers Elite 2022
Coppermine 2022
Hero's 2022 Green
Hero's 2022 White
M&D 22 Black
M&D 22 Red
MD United 2022
MD United 2022
Next Level 2022
Pure Lacrosse 2022
Redshirts 2022
Renegades 22/23
TLC 2022 Red

TLC 2022 White

As it is every year, the fact that the Md. teams have played together for a few months will give them the early advantage in most match-ups.
our LI team has not played a game together of any significance since last year. we'll see you guys in ..not weeks .. but 9 days..

Didnt know that about your teams. So they are only Summer teams ? Are you with TG or YJ ? My daughter is on Hero's. We play YJ - Russell in opening round. Looks like we'll see you at others throughout the summer as well.
[quote=Anonymous]The YJ 2022's are scheduled to play at the Midatlantic tournament in May in MD.

API Select 2022

C2C Dallas 2022

CCLax 22 CC Lax
CheckHers Elite 2022
Coppermine 2022
Hero's 2022 Green
Hero's 2022 White
M&D 22 Black
M&D 22 Red
MD United 2022
MD United 2022
Next Level 2022
Pure Lacrosse 2022
Redshirts 2022
Renegades 22/23
TLC 2022 Red

TLC 2022 White

Didnt know that about your teams. So they are only Summer teams ? Are you with TG or YJ ? My daughter is on Hero's. We play YJ - Russell in opening round. Looks like we'll see you at others throughout the summer as well.

Which Hero's team is stronger 2022 or 2023
There are "green" and "white" teams at each age group with Hero's. Green being the more competitive team. I think 2022 and 2023 are both strong teams but would think the older girls ( especially the way they develop at this age ) would be "bigger/ faster /stronger"
I was there. Real simple, Dukes was the best team by far. They had a perceived tough game against outlaws. Tournament organizers saw bad weather coming and asked if Dukes would play after the outlaws game. They rightfully declined, then spanked outlaws well beyond what express could ever do and said let's play per the schedule. Express saw the whooping put on outlaws and said "we outta here". Games were played Monday in no rain and slightly wet fields, at no time was the tournament schedule changed. Express dodged some embarrassment was all. Dukes would spank express (and igloo and smash and United). As an express parent you can not feel good about faking that you can't play the scheduled championship game. But in typical MC fashion a non win ain't a loss.
I was there. Real simple, Dukes was the best team by far. They had a perceived tough game against outlaws. Tournament organizers saw bad weather coming and asked if Dukes would play after the outlaws game. They rightfully declined, then spanked outlaws well beyond what express could ever do and said let's play per the schedule. Express saw the whooping put on outlaws and said "we outta here". Games were played Monday in no rain and slightly wet fields, at no time was the tournament schedule changed. Express dodged some embarrassment was all. Dukes would spank express (and igloo and smash and United). As an express parent you can not feel good about faking that you can't play the scheduled championship game. But in typical MC fashion a non win ain't a loss.

Wrong threat jackass...

Wrong threat jackass...

Thread, not threat Jackass ...
[quote=Anonymous]The YJ 2022's are scheduled to play at the Midatlantic tournament in May in MD.

API Select 2022

C2C Dallas 2022

CCLax 22 CC Lax
CheckHers Elite 2022
Coppermine 2022
Hero's 2022 Green
Hero's 2022 White
M&D 22 Black
M&D 22 Red
MD United 2022
MD United 2022
Next Level 2022
Pure Lacrosse 2022
Redshirts 2022
Renegades 22/23
TLC 2022 Red

TLC 2022 White

Which Hero's team is stronger 2022 or 2023

YJ .. see you Sunday
yj 22 vs m&d 22 this sat at 9am. They were evenly matched last year with YJ winning the last game in the playoffs in NJ.
A rain out looks to be on the horizon for this Sunday down in Owings Mills Md.
we'll be making the shlepp from L.I. any way
Been dealing with it all spring down here. Unfortunately I dont think we are on the turf fields this weekend. I'll have the Bloody Mary's...
M&D edged out YJ this morning
YJ 1 - 3 this weekend.
Maybe daddy shouldn't be allowed to coach travel anymore. CM
Heros 2022 4-0 winning the tournament on goal differntial
who did YJ play this weekend and what were the scores?
who did YJ play this weekend and what were the scores?

Lost by 1 to M&D and TLC. Lost by 4 to heros. Beat redshirts by 2
Heros 2022 4-0 winning the tournament on goal differntial

They don't award championships based on tiebreakers. The playoffs were canceled.

Only 2017, 2018, 2021 and 2023/2024 finished

I'm sorry about the A team too. I have had several go through the travel gauntlet and all well past this age group. On every A team there are 6-8 players who flat out belong there. I feel very lucky to be viewing from that perspective, but believe it or not, the politics and shuffle is frustrating to watch as it does effect the entire team. I'm sure it is even more frustrating being a player whose placement is directly effected by the politics. Regardless, this is the age where all those political placed players jump off the page and frustrate people, including those who flat out belong. Consider it a public service announcement.

YJs 2022 top team's performance this weekend reminded me of this post/ series of posts. Last year this team lost three games all season, this year they have lost three in one weekend. This will be the most competitive tournament of the year, team will feel better about themselves after winning a couple weak, watered down tournaments, but now you got a good idea where this team stands. Time to put politics aside at tryouts.
Heros green,Mnd black and Tlc red are the tops in Maryland 2022
Heros green,Mnd black and Tlc red are the tops in Maryland 2022

As I mentioned above a few posts back.. that the Md teams got to play a spring schedule will give them an advantage in the early tournaments.. that clearly played out this weekend against the YJ . now its time for our coaches to earn their $ and figure out what needs to be improved, and where the holes are..

YJs 2022 top team's performance this weekend reminded me of this post/ series of posts. Last year this team lost three games all season, this year they have lost three in one weekend. This will be the most competitive tournament of the year, team will feel better about themselves after winning a couple weak, watered down tournaments, but now you got a good idea where this team stands. Time to put politics aside at tryouts.

What politics are you referring to? some players moved down and some moved up after this years tryouts..

What politics are you referring to? some players moved down and some moved up after this years tryouts..

Only one moved up. "Tryouts" is a bit of a stretch.

Only one moved up. "Tryouts" is a bit of a stretch.

They always move one up... Gotta dangle the carrot.
maybe you'll get the carrot this year...
Not looking for any sarcasm back, but this seems like a very "weak" thread compared to other age groups. Only 6 pages of comments and don't see much activity.

I also don't see many programs with a team at this age group. Besides YJ, TG, Legacy and Elevate.....what teams out there will be competitive, even at the next level down?
^^ most clubs should have at least one team at this age group, if they are to be considered legit.
Don't expect much activity after the YJ 2022 flopped in their first tournament.
Don't expect much activity after the YJ 2022 flopped in their first tournament.

It's not where you start, but where you finish..Right?

YJ will be just fine..
Isn't C2 at the top of those MD 2022 teams listed (i.e., M&D, TLC & Hero's)?
C2 is going to fold. Courtney Connor is trying to build ASU's program. Casey and the kids are moving to AZ this summer.
Not true. Casey will become the director and run administratively from AZ. They have coaches in place and will get a coach for the 2022 team. The Connors are spending summers in Bmore.

C2 isn't clearly at the top. They are one of the top 4. One isn't clearly and consistently better than the others.
Anyone have any experience with this Brine national tryouts or team ?

Brilliant money maker for the organizers. They accept way more players at first open tryout to come play in qualifiers, to the go to a camp to then play on a team. Complete waste of money as the players at the end of it all from all the different regions are not very high caliber. It is a ton of time and money to be on an unimpressive list in the end. Go to a college camp of interest instead, money much better spent.

Brilliant money maker for the organizers. They accept way more players at first open tryout to come play in qualifiers, to the go to a camp to then play on a team. Complete waste of money as the players at the end of it all from all the different regions are not very high caliber. It is a ton of time and money to be on an unimpressive list in the end. Go to a college camp of interest instead, money much better spent.

Me first parents love saying their kid was on team so they could charge whatever they want and still sell out
If your daughter has talent and wants to play lacrosse after HS, college coaches will find her. The previous poster was correct: don't waste your time and money on this. Attend a summer camp or clinic of schools your daughter might have some interest in.

Me first parents love saying their kid was on team so they could charge whatever they want and still sell out

Isn't it new to this age?

Stick to camps not this. The idea is to move forward getting better. This promotes just games as there isn't supposed to be practices before hand. That is counter to everything at this age practice is more important.

I saw the value for rising freshman, but nothing below, having a rising 7th or 8th grader on a team looks silly. Then I believe they just created the age bracket for that age... Be wary....and wise. I'd say skip it for 22/23. They added that group just to see a% increase over last years model.

As a business smart move but for the sport and players I don't see the benefit!
C2 may try to continue but it will be a clear violation of NCAA rules
". Local Sports Clubs
a. Coaches and institutional staff member in sports other than basketball may
be involved in any capacity (e.g. as a participant, administrator or in
instructional or coaching activities) in the same sport for a local sports
club or organization located in the institution’s home community,
provided all prospective student-athletes participating in said activities are
legal residents of the area (within a 50-mile radius of the institution)"
". Local Sports Clubs

YES, she is aware of the rule. They are taking steps to comply with the rule.
Thanks for your insight . Appreciate the feed back . As long as I can convince the other half .
Thanks for all your input ,
how did the teams do this weekend
Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.
Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams.
[quote=Anonymous]Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams

Those are the top teams
[quote=Anonymous]Heros 2022 Green won the Summer Classic. LI Top Guns and Monster were there. Top Guns came out strong going up 4-0 early on Heros but final was 13-7 Heros. Hadnt seen Monster before and didnt play them, but they played TLC Red close and were up at halftime.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams

Those are the top teams

Have any of those teams won a tournament that both M&D or YJ have participated in? Last year those two and Redshirts won everything. Redshirts broke up, but I still don't think anyone other than those 3 have won a tournament in the last two years unless they all weren't present.

Wow. Where were the rest of the good teams this weekend? Monster and TG are not on anyone's list of top teams.

Other than Yellow Jackets....who else is there from LI, or anywhere else for that matter ?
All the teams are together again this weekend. Will see who comes out on top this time.
All the teams are together again this weekend. Will see who comes out on top this time.

Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs.
Last Year Bitmore 2022 Blue beat M&D 22 Black in the finals of the Spring Club Championship. Bitmore had a change of leadership this year and most of the kids went to Heros 22 Green, which may explain why Hero's has improved this year.
ACTUALLY HEROS 22 green WAS PRETTY GOOD LAST YEAR. LOST MAYBE 2-3 GAMES ... BEFORE THE OPEN TRYOUT AND THE CHANGE OF PLAYERS. NOW THEY ALL ARE ON THE SAME TEAM (MEAN GREEN) is TOUGH TO BEAT!
Past/current college players I have talked to, as well as some high school coaches, have said the opposite. Felt it isn't a waste of time or money, rather a great experience any way you look at it. It is not designed for recruiting at the Youth level. It is designed for the experience and exposure. Those knocking it so hard, I question if their player was cut and there are hard feelings.
Past/current college players I have talked to, as well as some high school coaches, have said the opposite. Felt it isn't a waste of time or money, rather a great experience any way you look at it. It is not designed for recruiting at the Youth level. It is designed for the experience and exposure. Those knocking it so hard, I question if their player was cut and there are hard feelings.

What are we talking about?

Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs.

Elevate will be there too!

Are they any good ? LI ?
MD United will be there too. They won championship last weekend.
MD United will be there too. They won championship last weekend.

The B Division Championship ? I dont think we are talking about that level.

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going?

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going?

Laxin Out Loud in Maryland , formerly Rock the Fields
Yellow Jackets beat C2 Black last weekend ? 5-0 in championship, but tied 6-6 in opening round ?
not easy getting up and out of the car after a 3hr drive and a 5am wake up when your 12yrs old.

maybe the YJ are starting to get warmed up after a 10 month layoff
last Tourn was the first together since last year..
not easy getting up and out of the car after a 3hr drive and a 5am wake up when your 12yrs old.

Are you referring to C2 traveling to LI ? Thats why YJ beat them ?

Why such a big discrepancy from 6-6 to 5-0 ? Same team ?

that's funny cause my 13 year old is in 8th grade.

And will be 14 when this year. Most Li 22 are 12 or turning 12

14 next school year

14 next school year

So I hate the stay back culture as well. But as long as a 2022 turned 12 after 9/01/15, they are "on age". So I think your comment is misplaced in this case.

Are you referring to C2 traveling to LI ? Thats why YJ beat them ?

No.. the game were played in NJ..
Why such a big discrepancy from 6-6 to 5-0 ? Same team ?
four 40 minute pool play games for C2, semis then finals. i know, YJ did the same, but they had more middies.
wahhhhhhh!!!!
did they C2 play in the same weather and had sticks goggles and mouthpieces.
wahhhhhhh!!!!

Hey, LI Dad was just trying to make excuses for why YJ lost when they had to drive 3 hours to Md....cant have it both ways.
wahhhhhhh!!!!

Hey, LI Dad was just trying to make excuses for why YJ lost when they had to drive 3 hours to Md....cant have it both ways.

first.. it takes three hours to get out of NY.. then another 2 to get to Md. from L.I.

for YJ.. the Spring Championship Tourn was their first "live" games in 10 months..they're getting better
wahhhhhhh!!!!

first.. it takes three hours to get out of NY.. then another 2 to get to Md. from L.I.

for YJ.. the Spring Championship Tourn was their first "live" games in 10 months..they're getting better
please L.I. dad don't become "that Guy". It does not take 3 hours to get out of N.Y. from the Island unless you're not smart enough to leave early, and then that is on you. You can't use the excuse that a tourney was there first in 10 months, every one knows that all clubs play year round, the only difference is that in Md. they are better prepared because there doesn't seem to be the petty fighting between clubs and they are smart enough to run a in state club league in the winter. You win or lose because of the strength of your team. If your daughter can't drive for hours,sleep in hotels, or be prepared to play at any time then she will not be able to play in college. stop with excuses it makes you seem juvenal. If you parents in the club seen don't want your kids to fall way behind ( but you have all ready) the Md. clubs then you better get on your club directors, ALL OF THEM, to start an inter cub league in the winter.
hey, someone asked why the discrepancy. same team, two different results. c2 is not deep in the midfield. after the first three, there is a dropoff. was just providing a contributing factor. not making excuses.
[u]
wahhhhhhh!!!!

please L.I. dad don't become "that Guy". It does not take 3 hours to get out of N.Y. from the Island unless you're not smart enough to leave early, and then that is on you. You can't use the excuse that a tourney was there first in 10 months, every one knows that all clubs play year round, the only difference is that in Md. they are better prepared because there doesn't seem to be the petty fighting between clubs and they are smart enough to run a in state club league in the winter. You win or lose because of the strength of your team. If your daughter can't drive for hours,sleep in hotels, or be prepared to play at any time then she will not be able to play in college. stop with excuses it makes you seem juvenal. If you parents in the club seen don't want your kids to fall way behind ( but you have all ready) the Md. clubs then you better get on your club directors, ALL OF THEM, to start an inter cub league in the winter.

I'm glad you got my exaggeration, your right it doesn't always take 3 hours to get out of NY .. but it can..
It was that teams first game action since last July.. you can choose not to believe it if you want.. they did not play any fall tourn. as a team.. they all played rec league in the spring but for their respective town teams..
I agree with you about a local travel league.. it sounds like a great idea, and it definitely gives the Md. clubs/teams/players a nice advantage.. count me as jealous
as far as the distance traveled and the car rides & Hotels having an effect on the players.. it's Travel Lacrosse.. so the players need to play.. but that doesn't make it easier and it would be nice to be able to sleep in our own beds during these tournaments.
Oh.. and I'm leaving tomorrow at 11:00 am and will be sleeping in a hotel in Md. tomorrow night to play in Md. Saturday & Sunday..

So it looks like Elevate will get a free ride to the finals at National Draw with all the other teams going elsewhere. DK must be happy about that!
Yj 1-0-1 so far. I doubt they make the playoffs
STFU

Ouch
We're playing YJ Russell again this morning. Hopefully it will be a closer game. Neither side likes to watch a blowou
YJ 2022 Russell came to Maryland. And did well wish
After watching film from the last time they came to Maryland
They could explain all the different players and can we get
An age check 💪
ROSTER CHECK . 4 NEW PLAYERS FROM LAST WEEK . SAME RESULT. YJ

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME MND OVER HEROS BY 1.
Yes, Heros / M&D / YJ / TLC / C2 all there this week. Should be a good one. Top 4 make playoffs. [/quote]

Elevate will be there too! [/quote]

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going? [/quote]

So it looks like Elevate will get a free ride to the finals at National Draw with all the other teams going elsewhere. DK must be happy about that! [/quote]

Elevate didn't even make the playoffs at National Draw - what are you saying? TG Black won that division!
An age check 💪

That's a good one... You Md folk got a real conspiracy on yer hands...
Run the tape...we all saw the mom with the camcorder ..couldn't miss her or her shouting. Same kids, same #'s.. As stated several times, this is the third weekend of games that this YJ team has played together, and they're just getting better..

You're not quite right there Kreskin...YJ actually handled their business today playing their way into the final..which unfortunately had a few extended injury stoppages and they dropped the final 3-2 vs M&D.. Who if asked will tell you they had all the game they could handle

Elevate will be there too! [/quote]

Elevate is going to National Draw this weekend. Where are Heros, YJ, etc. going? [/quote]

So it looks like Elevate will get a free ride to the finals at National Draw with all the other teams going elsewhere. DK must be happy about that! [/quote]

Elevate didn't even make the playoffs at National Draw - what are you saying? TG Black won that division! [/quote]

Yeah.... my daughters friend plays on this 2022 team for Elevate. Seem very frustrated. Spent two weekends away, a lot of time in the car, hotels, etc. and after being half way through tournament season this summer they have had 2 competitive games. He asked why Elevate doesn't play more competitive teams like TG Black, M&D, YJ Blue, Skywalkers, etc. Said they breezed through their games this weekend and still didn't make the playoffs.
Who is the MC Elite Team that was at National Draw? They are very good. Beat Top Guns Black and a very good Legacy team pretty bad. Oh yeah to the Elevate parent you didn't even make it out of your pool so not such an easy path to the finals.

Legacy making noise in both tournaments this year so far.
Who is the MC Elite Team that was at National Draw? They are very good. Beat Top Guns Black and a very good Legacy team pretty bad. Oh yeah to the Elevate parent you didn't even make it out of your pool so not such an easy path to the finals.

Legacy making noise in both tournaments this year so far.

MC Elite is a mediocre MD team from down near DC. It's easy to look impressive at a tournament when all the top teams are somewhere else. Not sure what happened to national draw as it used to be great. The top MD teams other than Skywalkers have chosen to come to jersey for Lax for the Cure instead.
None of us liked how the finals ended regardless of the outcome. It was a tough game. The couple of YJ dad's Ive met have been great. We all want to see tough close games without injuries. It's going to be a long rivalry for the next few years. It doesn't need to be antagonistic.
Those 20 minute playoffs and finals just arent a great way to settle things. I wont say they arent "fair" because both teams share the same risk of a slow start. It would be nice to play a real game with a halftime.
TG Black and Elevate where in same bracket but did not play each other. Both went 4-0 .
Same records, beat all same teams. 3rd tiebreaker was goals against which went 6-9 in favor of TG.
TG Black and Elevate where in same bracket but did not play each other. Both went 4-0 .
Same records, beat all same teams. 3rd tiebreaker was goals against which went 6-9 in favor of TG.

Yes. Elevate and TG played in an easy division in an even easier tournament. I saw Elevate play and it is a PAL team with a PAL coach. This weekend they play M&D and Heros so we will know if they are any better than a PAL team in a few days. After watching them I would say no.

Yes. Elevate and TG played in an easy division in an even easier tournament. I saw Elevate play and it is a PAL team with a PAL coach. This weekend they play M&D and Heros so we will know if they are any better than a PAL team in a few days. After watching them I would say no.

Same thing happened in 2021 but Elevate won third tie-breaker 7-6. Shame they didn't play each other.
An age check 💪

That's a good one... You Md folk got a real conspiracy on yer hands...
Run the tape...we all saw the mom with the camcorder ..couldn't miss her or her shouting. Same kids, same #'s.. As stated several times, this is the third weekend of games that this YJ team has played together, and they're just getting better..

I think we're thinking of that same mom. Big shouter with the physique to match. She is the only parent I've encountered who cheers when opposing players get hurt. She is incredibly obnoxious. Her daughter played against YJ in the first full length game on Sunday.
My daughter is a 2017 playing her last year of club lacrosse . I can't tell you how quickly each summer season has gone by. She's a talented player who's committed to a top 40 program. We had some struggles along the way, but looking back I wish I had worried less about the nonsense and enjoyed the experience more. Please take a moment to think of this. She has a few tournaments this summer, and I am looking forward to each and every moment. Enjoy all of your daughters moments starting now.
no conspiracy. truth. happens all the time in YJ land, happened last year in the upper age brackets. do a roster check. show id's like they do in soccer. that will end all the conspiracy talk. there were 4 or 5 players that were not at the spring club championships at mc donogh then all of a sudden the following week they are on yj 2022. the 2021's that played our 2022 only won by 1. so if your going to stack your team find some other players. dont give me the crap that spring club championship was there first tournament in 10 months and they kids need to gel. maybe the 2021's will have to gel with the 2022's. id hate to be that parent of those kids paying all that money on the 2022 team not to get in because all of sudden we have new players that arrive and need to win a tournament. by the way you didnt win the tournament! a MD team with a legit roster. WON!
no conspiracy. truth. happens all the time in YJ land, happened last year in the upper age brackets. do a roster check. show id's like they do in soccer. that will end all the conspiracy talk. there were 4 or 5 players that were not at the spring club championships at mc donogh then all of a sudden the following week they are on yj 2022. the 2021's that played our 2022 only won by 1. so if your going to stack your team find some other players. dont give me the crap that spring club championship was there first tournament in 10 months and they kids need to gel. maybe the 2021's will have to gel with the 2022's. id hate to be that parent of those kids paying all that money on the 2022 team not to get in because all of sudden we have new players that arrive and need to win a tournament. by the way you didnt win the tournament! a MD team with a legit roster. WON!

I'm sorry you feel this way, but you are so far from the truth. The team you played Sunday is the same team you played 3 weeks ago.. Not one single player has been added. ( or left)

The 2022 Elevate team will surprise you all this weekend in their games against Heros and M&D. These teams will get more than they are expecting from Elevate. You will change your tune after the weekend!
Correct me if u am wrong but isn't the entire Idea of tourny play to put teams in appropriate div, to get quality games vs some what level completion.
Who wants to go a watch blow outs on either side of the ball
If they were in a easier div so be it - they win It and will move up
So many of you come on here and bag on teams who you don't feel meet your standards
Grow up
Different teams are at different levels - it doesn't make what they accomplished on the field any less rewarding
As pointed out above take a step back and enjoy watching a game
It goes by fast and the fact is some of them will not play in high school and even less will play in college
We are not all raising future all Americans despite what some feel because
Team won a few tournaments and maybe your kid had a hat trick

As far a roster switching it happens and will continue to happen until a card system is put in place - period
Wether a certain team did it - idk with any level of certainty only the coach can answer that question -

YJ (A team)is top team in our age group ( for now)
With many teams closing the gap (in no order)
TG
Elevate
Legacy who plays YJ this weekend
Sorry for the early morning rant

The 2022 Elevate team will surprise you all this weekend in their games against Heros and M&D. These teams will get more than they are expecting from Elevate. You will change your tune after the weekend!

Elevate 2022 team is going to beat M&D this weekend? For real?

Sounds like you know they are bringing in some 2021's....
roster switching doesn't happen at M & D or Heros/ play with who made the team. at least someone had the courage to admit that it happens in yj land. everyone already knew. feel bad for the kids and parents in YJ land paying and have another kid step in because they got shalacked in previous weeks.

CR doesn't hold kids back she just waits for a LI team that is better than her YJ team and then cuts deals with the parents of the players and recruits them to come take your daughters roster spot.

CR doesn't hold kids back she just waits for a LI team that is better than her YJ team and then cuts deals with the parents of the players and recruits them to come take your daughters roster spot.

Not sure exactly how she does it, but you are correct, many of the best players from LI end up there. And as far as taking roster spots, how do you expect teams to get better? It's nice to believe that a coach can train the same group of girls through their entire lacrosse career and stay competitive, it's also nice to believe in Santa and the Easter bunny. At YJ and all the other clubs, a few girls are replaced every year. That original roster your daughter played on when she first started in forth grade will look drastically different entering 7th grade and un-recognizable by 11th. It's competitive sports.
CORRECT IN MARYLAND WE HAVE OPEN TRYOUTS. NEW GIRLS JOIN EVERY YEAR DISPLACING OTHERS THRU THE PROCESS. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. THE BETTER MOVE ON AND REPLACE THE INFERIOR. PEOPLE ROSTER JUMP ALL THE TIME IN mARYLAND JUST ONCE A YEAR NOT DURING THE SAME MONTH. THE PROBLEM IS PLAYING ONE TEAM ONE WEEK AND THEN OUT OF THE CLEAR YJ BLUE AND A SHALACKING NEW GIRLS ARRIVE NOT JUST DURING THE SEASON THE SAME MONTH, AND YOU EXPECT NOBODY TO NOTICE THE NEW GIRLS. COMICAL!!
CORRECT IN MARYLAND WE HAVE OPEN TRYOUTS. NEW GIRLS JOIN EVERY YEAR DISPLACING OTHERS THRU THE PROCESS. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. THE BETTER MOVE ON AND REPLACE THE INFERIOR. PEOPLE ROSTER JUMP ALL THE TIME IN mARYLAND JUST ONCE A YEAR NOT DURING THE SAME MONTH. THE PROBLEM IS PLAYING ONE TEAM ONE WEEK AND THEN OUT OF THE CLEAR YJ BLUE AND A SHALACKING NEW GIRLS ARRIVE NOT JUST DURING THE SEASON THE SAME MONTH, AND YOU EXPECT NOBODY TO NOTICE THE NEW GIRLS. COMICAL!!

You don't get it... Your big conspiracy is false.. not a single player was added or left YJ 2022 since the spring championships tourn

You fail to mention that in Maryland the LI 2022 girls (6th graders) are playing against MD girls in 7th and occasionally an 8th grader. Holdbacks, a common occurrence in MD. So stop your bellyaching.

You fail to mention that in Maryland the LI 2022 girls (6th graders) are playing against MD girls in 7th and occasionally an 8th grader. Holdbacks, a common occurrence in MD. So stop your bellyaching.

You fail to realize that this is an excuse sold to LI parents. Holdbacks just are not common with the girls. Very, very few girls attend prefirst and girls don't repeat grades in middle school like the boys do. The girls schools just don't allow it.

This isnt the boys side. There are 0 7th graders or holdbacks of any kind on ANY Md team that Im aware of.

But since you want to argue that YJ didnt do it....girls MIGHT get better in 2 weeks, but they dont get bigger and faster.
OMG
get over it
Has this conversation at every age group and gender run its course yet
Yes teams play kids down
Yes some kids enter school late
Yes some kids get held back for athletics

Hello US lacrosse the writing is on the wall
Card all players and go by birth date and not grade level

Let's move on and catch up with the times
OMG
get over it
Has this conversation at every age group and gender run its course yet
Yes teams play kids down
Yes some kids enter school late
Yes some kids get held back for athletics

Hello US lacrosse the writing is on the wall
Card all players and go by birth date and not grade level

Let's move on and catch up with the times

Agreed , but this reference is about a specific YJ team that played in Md 2 weeks earlier and lost to a team by 4 then came back last weekend and beat that team by 1. I will not speak for any other team but this YJ team because I do not know anything about ANY other team. There are no 2021's, there were no additional girls brought down. You have the tapes ( tripod setup at mid field ) go check them and get back to us or go to YJ website and check it against the roster ( there's even a pic for you ). Truth is 17 of these girls were on the 4 th grade team
Can we all agree the teams are closely matched? The back and forth makes for good lacrosse where all girls benefit. Does any team get better beating the competition 15 to 2. Does any parent like watching those type of games?
[/quote]

The 2022 Elevate team will surprise you all this weekend in their games against Heros and M&D. These teams will get more than they are expecting from Elevate. You will change your tune after the weekend! [/quote]

0-2 day. I am surprised how bad they are

The 2022 Elevate team will surprise you all this weekend in their games against Heros and M&D. These teams will get more than they are expecting from Elevate. You will change your tune after the weekend! [/quote]

0-2 day. I am surprised how bad they are [/quote]

OUCH

0-2 day. I am surprised how bad they are [/quote]

OUCH [/quote]

Declinate.

You fail to realize that this is an excuse sold to LI parents. Holdbacks just are not common with the girls. Very, very few girls attend prefirst and girls don't repeat grades in middle school like the boys do. The girls schools just don't allow it.

Correct my fellow MD'er. Our LI brethren can't stand to lose, especially to a (God forbid) Maryland team, so when they do lose (which is often) they pull out these "holdback" excuses. It softens the blow to them and makes them feel better, because there is no way they could ever lose a game unless the other team cheated. I also can say with full confidence, that since 2009, when my daughter started play club ball, I have witnessed and heard of exactly 0 girls being held back here in MD. We don't have to do that here.
Team elevate blue should be in the b bracket

Full Schedule
Team Elevate:2022 Blue
TLC Lacrosse:TLC 2022 Red
Final

New Egypt High School - LFTC-08
Hero's Tournament Lacrosse Club:2022 green
Final

New Egypt High School - LFTC-13
Team elevate blue should be in the b bracket

Full Schedule
Final

Final

How did Elevate 22sdo in their other games?

Team

Follow
Full Schedule
Final

Final

M&D Lacrosse:M&D 22 Black
Final

New Egypt High School - LFTC-07
STARS Lacrosse:2022 Blue
Final

New Egypt High School - LFTC-03
Pool Standings
Salmon
Team W L T GD GA
Hero's Tournament Lacrosse Club:2022 green 4 0 0 21 17
M&D Lacrosse:M&D 22 Black 4 0 0 19 18
TLC Lacrosse:TLC 2022 Red 3 0 1 28 14
YELLOW JACKETS:YJ 2022 RUSSELL 2 1 1 12 24
SoundCrosse (CT):2022 1 3 0 -17 38
Team Elevate:2022 Blue 0 3 1 -22 35
STARS Lacrosse:2022 Blue 0 3 1 -16 41
Legacy Lacrosse LI, Inc.:Blue 2022 0 4 0 -25 39
POOL STANDINGS (ALL)
BRACKET

Heros 22 Green beat M N d black in the Lax for the Cure finals with Heros beating TLC Red in semis. (these are the top 3 teams in MD) All with 6th graders. thats how we roll in Maryland thats why u come down the turnpike. To play the best.
All the final four teams were from MD:
M&D Black
Heros Green
MD United East
TLC Red
M&D Black
Heros Green
MD United East
TLC Red

Almost the same at 2021:
M&D Champs
Heros Finalist
Skywalkers
Monster
M&D Black
Heros Green
MD United East
TLC Red

Heros .. Played easy pool schedule. Coasted into playoffs. Congrats for winning it all
Tlc .. Played 1 tough game pool game, credit to them for going toe to toe with YJ
M&D.. Played 1 tough pool game, credit to them for beating YJ
YJ .. Had a tough pool schedule.. No excuses lost to a good M&D team , tied a good Tlc team.
For YJ, It was a good trip, we got 2 great games, the kids will be better for it.
Saw some good teams, and a few special players.. TLC might have the most gifted kid at this age.

repost from a different thread, as I thought it applies here as well.
Nobody on YJ is crying that they lost, congrats to the winners.
CAN ONLY PLAY WHO IS ON THE SCHEDULE. HEROS GREEN BEAT A GOOD TLC RED 6-3 IN A 22 MIN GAME, THEN BEAT AN EQUALLY TALENTED
M & d TEAM 3-1 IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.
CAN ONLY PLAY WHO IS ON THE SCHEDULE. HEROS GREEN BEAT A GOOD TLC RED 6-3 IN A 22 MIN GAME, THEN BEAT AN EQUALLY TALENTED

you're right.. but to play devils advocate. flip YJ and Heros Pool schedule and maybe hero's goes home early instead, just like YJ did.
Heros has a great team, whom I look forward to playing again.

And you lost last week to both YJ and M&D.. congrats for winning this week. the future is bright for a bunch of teams and players
you are making no sense.this tournement we beat m & D ,we beat tlc ,we beat legacy blue.everyone in your bracket that you tied or lost to we beat. see you all next year as we have only a local Lax for love tournament left before tryouts. i do not think YJ is a a part of this tournament unless u want to drive down the turnpike and play us again. i think there is still some spots open for teams. if not see you next year it has been real! and yes the future looks bright for this 22 age group.
you are making no sense.this tournement we beat m & D ,we beat tlc ,we beat legacy blue.everyone in your bracket that you tied or lost to we beat. see you all next year as we have only a local Lax for love tournament left before tryouts. i do not think YJ is a a part of this tournament unless u want to drive down the turnpike and play us again. i think there is still some spots open for teams. if not see you next year it has been real! and yes the future looks bright for this 22 age group.

My point was that you didn't play a difficult game until the playoff rounds.. ya gotta get in it to win it..

And you lost last week to both YJ and M&D.. congrats for winning this week. the future is bright for a bunch of teams and players

Heroes has the most cantankerous parents.

Well, we know M&D parents wouldnt be able to spell cantakerous, so this must be a YJ parent...

Well, we know M&D parents wouldnt be able to spell cantakerous, so this must be a YJ parent...

Apparently you can't either, even when it's typed right above for you to copy.
HAHAHAHA
Picked this thread because it's mostly girls and looks like about the right age, but this is for all parents in all sports:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=u2LR4c3JsmU&platform=hootsuite
Stolen for the 2021 thread...

Lets have some healthy, friendly discussion about the state of the 2022 Girls Club Lacrosse.

* Most Improved Team This Year

* Best Sportsmanship by Team

* Best Sportsmanship by Parents

* Best Uniform

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10

Lets have some healthy, friendly discussion about the state of the 2022 Girls Club Lacrosse.

* Most Improved Team This Year-- legacy

* Best Sportsmanship by Team--

* Best Sportsmanship by Parents-- medusa

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

5-10 was difficult a drop off compared to top 5

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

Liberty A lost to a town team at a recent local tournament.
Liberty Black has yet to lose this summer.
They havent played M & D black, Heros Green or TLC Red thats why!
Liberty has some pretty sweet neon green and grey uniforms

They lost at jump into june. To Medusa lacrosee

They lost at jump into june. To Medusa lacrosee

You know you are hitting bottom when you lose to Medusa!
They did not lose to Medusa. Everyone except the Medusa coach knew Liberty won including the parents. Plus it was the worst game the team played this summer, it happens. Kudos to Medusa for a strong effort in the game!!
They did not lose to Medusa. Everyone except the Medusa coach knew Liberty won including the parents. Plus it was the worst game the team played this summer, it happens. Kudos to Medusa for a strong effort in the game!!

You have definitely hit bottom even if the game was to close to call. Sorry but I have seen this team play

Who the heck is Medusa?? Did Liberty play anywhere where the rest of the teams played or did they spend their summer playing teams no one has ever heard of.

Who the heck is Medusa?? Did Liberty play anywhere where the rest of the teams played or did they spend their summer playing teams no one has ever heard of.

It's an elite club team made up of the top girls from Garden City NY
Send them down to maryland, we have a way of making teams "not elite"

It's an elite club team made up of the top girls from Garden City NY

If they're so elite why don't they play in real tournaments. The LI "Elite" Yellowjackets had a rough time against MD teams this summer. If Medusa can't beat Libert I find it hard to believe that they are "Elite"
Liberty has some pretty sweet neon green and grey uniforms

That's Empire

the ref had Liberty losing! Just make up an excuse and move on.
Well said
It was one game every team has them

The LI "Elite" Yellowjackets had a rough time against MD teams this summer

While it would be nice to go undefeated at ever tournament and crow on the internet about, YJ 2022 had some very competitive games against the Md. Teams so far this summer, they won some, lost some and even tied one or two. The big picture is this, the competition, and close games are helping the girls get better. These players have a long way to go. I'm looking forward to more of what I saw this summer.
The college coaches will be on the sidelines soon enough when YJ, M&D, Heros, TLC play

While it would be nice to go undefeated at ever tournament and crow on the internet about, YJ 2022 had some very competitive games against the Md. Teams so far this summer, they won some, lost some and even tied one or two. The big picture is this, the competition, and close games are helping the girls get better. These players have a long way to go. I'm looking forward to more of what I saw this summer.
The college coaches will be on the sidelines soon enough when YJ, M&D, Heros, TLC play

Are the YJ 2022 the best team on LI like the 2021 Skak or will they be following the same downward spiral?
Considering what YJ Russell did to Legacy at LFTC, a number 4 ranking seems generous.
[quote=Anonymous]

Are the stop with the college coaches on sideline
Will so girls be recruited yes and will some be recruited early yes
Now I know this fact is going to crush some of the parents who think travel sports = scholarships
But some girls won't even play HS ball let alone college
Being a L.I. parent I feel the need to speak out here. The Md. teams beat our girls because they are taught from a young age to play a team minded brand of Lacrosse, we on L.I seem to play a me first brand and that is what is causing the our girls to seem like the talent is dropping. We seem to care more for the club than the development of all our girls, wether it's pounding our chest about points scored or how good a club team is, or how much better one club is than another, disparaging whole clubs because you don't belong to it, our girls not being taught to include the whole team in H.S. or rec league because we parents teach our kids to look down there noses at girls that might struggle instead of helping and trying to better them, or only passing to girls that play for the same club without the coaches fixing that problem, or we parents, coaches and players shunning girls and families that may chose to play for a club that isn't predominate in their district. This is why the Y.J. this year are far less dominate then just 2 years ago, and why at school girls we got beat by teams that we used to win against. those teams got better and we got worse because of petty bitter infighting. We are a very small region that used to dominate because we had pride being from Long Island, now we have pride only to club and thats why we're losing. You younger age groups better wake up or we will be a footnote in Lacrosse history
Being a L.I. parent I feel the need to speak out here. The Md. teams beat our girls because they are taught from a young age to play a team minded brand of Lacrosse, we on L.I seem to play a me first brand and that is what is causing the our girls to seem like the talent is dropping. We seem to care more for the club than the development of all our girls, wether it's pounding our chest about points scored or how good a club team is, or how much better one club is than another, disparaging whole clubs because you don't belong to it, our girls not being taught to include the whole team in H.S. or rec league because we parents teach our kids to look down there noses at girls that might struggle instead of helping and trying to better them, or only passing to girls that play for the same club without the coaches fixing that problem, or we parents, coaches and players shunning girls and families that may chose to play for a club that isn't predominate in their district. This is why the Y.J. this year are far less dominate then just 2 years ago, and why at school girls we got beat by teams that we used to win against. those teams got better and we got worse because of petty bitter infighting. We are a very small region that used to dominate because we had pride being from Long Island, now we have pride only to club and thats why we're losing. You younger age groups better wake up or we will be a footnote in Lacrosse history

Amen! This is the reality we live in on LI. If you go to any game or even a practice you will hear parents screaming .... GO, TAKE HER, from midfield. This is a beautiful game when played as a team. Please parents take note of how you are behaving on the sideline. Stop worrying about how many points your kid has and start worrying about how many good plays your kid is making. A well rounded player will hustle on every gb & try her hardest to disrupt an 8m shot even if she is on the other side of the 8. Will take a charge and redefend like her life depended on it. She will keep her head up while you are screaming to her to shot and realize she is tripled and dump a beautiful pass to her teammates and get that assist that none of you are looking for. This is just a couple of things that I speak with my daughter about before every game she plays in. Try it you will be supprised how your daughter will respond.
I know it is big business now but sorry travel sports are not for every one
Clubs need to start making cuts
Stop with the whining.
Stop with the whining.
Who's winning?
[quote=Anonymous]

Are the stop with the college coaches on sideline
Will so girls be recruited yes and will some be recruited early yes
Now I know this fact is going to crush some of the parents who think travel sports = scholarships
But some girls won't even play HS ball let alone college

Wrong! If I can interpret your apparently drunken post,
every girl from any of those 4 teams who wants too, will star in H.S and Play in college
Can we all agree that the 20 minute playoff games and championships are a terrible way to decide some great competition ? Shouldnt we have some say with the organizers to change that ?
Can we all agree that the 20 minute playoff games and championships are a terrible way to decide some great competition ? Shouldnt we have some say with the organizers to change that ?

Tough to fit a tournament into 2 days without short games - maybe play the short ones in pool play when there are more mismatches and outcomes are decided earlier, and then full games for playoffs? Or only play 2 "pool" games as a warm-up / seeding and then start a double elimination tournament with full games? But then people would complain that they don't have a set schedule. Will never be able to make everyone happy.

Tough to fit a tournament into 2 days without short games - maybe play the short ones in pool play when there are more mismatches and outcomes are decided earlier, and then full games for playoffs? Or only play 2 "pool" games as a warm-up / seeding and then start a double elimination tournament with full games? But then people would complain that they don't have a set schedule. Will never be able to make everyone happy.

I agree you wont please everyone. I'd be open to shorter pool play games. I also think you could make the playoffs / championships 15 min halves with a 5 min halftime. You would add 15 total minutes to a game / round. If a tournament has a semifinal and championship you are adding 30 minutes total.
Pool Standings
2022 (6th Grade)
Team W L T P GA
YJ 2022 RUSSELL 3 0 0 6 3
Legacy 2022 Blue 3 0 0 6 6
Brookhaven Bandits 2022 3 0 0 6 12
Medusa 2022 2 1 0 4 13
YJ 2022 HARNEY 2 1 0 4 17
LI Empire 2023/2022 2 1 0 4 21
Team 91 Tristate 2023/2022 2 1 0 4 29
Igloo 2022 1 2 0 2 20
Planedge 1 2 0 2 23
T9-2022 1 2 0 2 31
Team 91 Girls 2022 Orange 0 2 1 1 21
CT CHARGERS 0 2 1 1 33
YJ 2022 SAL 0 3 0 0 27
Legacy Lax 22/23 0 3 0 0 35
BRACKET
Bracket results

Semi finals

YJ 13 medusa 2

Legacy 8 bandits 6

Finals
YJ 11 legacy 2
From a very reliable source...the director of Md United is starting a new club in Florida to be named Florida United (duh), and possibly dumping the MD club and moving. This is further proof she is not a true lacrosse person, but a person more into it for then $$$. BA (the "director") makes promises she won't keep and basically black-balls players who don't want to play D1. I wonder what will happen to all of the greener pasture, club-jumping, star chasing parents when they see that the precious Md United is s S**t Show? From a former player, I was told that she quit helping with recruiting after Caroline Steele and Madison Carter from the 2015's went to MD and Penn St, respectively. By the way...neither one coaches at Md United. They are coaches for Integrity Lacrosse. What does that tell ya?
From a very reliable source...the director of Md United is starting a new club in Florida to be named Florida United (duh), and possibly dumping the MD club and moving. This is further proof she is not a true lacrosse person, but a person more into it for then $$$. BA (the "director") makes promises she won't keep and basically black-balls players who don't want to play D1. I wonder what will happen to all of the greener pasture, club-jumping, star chasing parents when they see that the precious Md United is s S**t Show? From a former player, I was told that she quit helping with recruiting after Caroline Steele and Madison Carter from the 2015's went to MD and Penn St, respectively. By the way...neither one coaches at Md United. They are coaches for Integrity Lacrosse. What does that tell ya?

It tells us the Florist is in panic mode and paying more that United. That club was started years ago. Crazy you are on here on every thread spreading old information, like it was new.
Which makes sense, her 22 team lost her best players to M&D last year. She doesn't want a repeat here or with the 21's..

It tells us the Florist is in panic mode and paying more that United. That club was started years ago. Crazy you are on here on every thread spreading old information, like it was new.

I assume you are calling Integrity the florist judging by your previous posts? If so, then I hate to inform you that I have no connection to Integrity, but I do live in MD. Why do you call them the florist? Second, I've never heard of Florida United. Third, the info was told me implying it was new.
No one gives a flying you know what about MD United. Never mattered, never will. Why are you posting all this crap on every thread? You just come off as a shiner that I'm sure is not missed by the club
Integrity is all about winning tournaments at the expense of developing a cohesive team environment. Watching them play is similar to watching reruns on TV. They have a handful of girls that you know are going to goal every time they touch the ball.

I assume you are calling Integrity the florist judging by your previous posts? If so, then I hate to inform you that I have no connection to Integrity, but I do live in MD. Why do you call them the florist? Second, I've never heard of Florida United. Third, the info was told me implying it was new.

Thank you Donald Trump.
[quote=Anonymous]Stolen for the 2021 thread...

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

Did Liberty play TG black today at the Grind? Did they meet in the playoffs?

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

TG WON 9-8 over liberty in the finals. Based on that I would move the Liberty 2022 Black team up on this list right behind TG.
". Local Sports Clubs

YES, she is aware of the rule. They are taking steps to comply with the rule.

I predict C2 will fold or be sold for a token amount

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

TG WON 9-8 over liberty in the finals. Based on that I would move the Liberty 2022 Black team up on this list right behind TG.

YJ Harney lost to Bandits at lax bash (8-6)

* Best Uniform-- 91

* Best Run Tournament

* Rank Teams 1-10
1 YJ - Russell
2 Top Guns - black
3 elevate
4 legacy
5 YJ- Harney
6 express
7 icon
8 igloo
9 liberty A
10 Bandits

YJ Harney lost to Bandits at lax bash (8-6)

And?
Any results from Hofstra tourney for this age group? How are the LI teams doing?
Any results from Hofstra tourney for this age group? How are the LI teams doing?

Most notably in the top division, TG black went 4-0 to win the division, with Sound Crosse coming in 2nd. Elevate didn't make the playoffs and looked like a B team against TG who beat Elevate 11-3. Igloo went 0-4 and didn't have one close game. Elevate Blue needs to step up their game quickly, they are way behind the curve in this age group.
with the summer coming to an end any results on which club has the best coaching and experience
with the summer coming to an end any results on which club has the best coaching and experience

Avoid YJ unless you come from the right town. Daddy coach and his puppet are the most political in the organization.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum