@BackOfTheCAGE
BOTC is opening our Fall 2015 through Summer 2016 thread covering the Boys 2026-2nd Grade age group.
Any insight to teams? I see Legacy, Outlaws, and Blue Fish all have teams... Anyone have knowledge of coach's or practice locations?
Clinics clinics clinics..Save ur $$$$$$$$$ people. They are in 2nd grade. Can they tie their shoes yet??? ride a 2 wheeler? Swim in the ocean? Please do not put them on a club lax team yet
If you are near s shore check out Legacy. Great program for the young guys. All inclusive and 2nd grade coach is a very good one. Name not announced yet but I know he told the people in his clinics he has been running that is where he is going
Official announcement went out for Legacy. Danny Paccione from St Johns and former Mll player Jay Lavey
Wondering where Legacy will be training...
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wondering where Legacy will be training...
East Islip
Anyone have insight as to how the turnout was for 2026 Outlaws?
Don't see many people trying out for a team that won't announce the coach or how much they charge until after you paid $100 and tried out.or the additional $25 to walk up because they had to write your name down on the paper. They will most likely end up with a combined team with 3rd grade and the coach that was able to bring over the most kids from his town.Be prepared for them to tell you need to commit ASAP.Check around first. They will always be having tryouts later in the year. That was basically a recap of last year.
Thanks for the advice... I am new to this (as is my son). Any other insight to teams would be great...
Don't see many people trying out for a team that won't announce the coach or how much they charge until after you paid $100 and tried out.or the additional $25 to walk up because they had to write your name down on the paper. They will most likely end up with a combined team with 3rd grade and the coach that was able to bring over the most kids from his town.Be prepared for them to tell you need to commit ASAP.Check around first. They will always be having tryouts later in the year. That was basically a recap of last year.

Barone and Cromwell coaching Igloo's team. If I had a 2026 kid that is where I would go.

Barone and Cromwell coaching Igloo's team. If I had a 2026 kid that is where I would go.

Absolutely! I am a big Barone fan! And don't let the haters scare you away with the cost. Igloo's all in cost is not more than you would be paying for 91 when you include winter training.
How can they travel with there other teams and still coach these guys? A lot of commitments . Easier when both teams are going to be in same tournaments but I don't see that with a 2026 team.that being said they both are very respected coaches
Anyone know how many kids tried out for Legacy tonight?

80+
Very poor numbers at 2026 91 tryout. Anyone know how many kids tried out for Legacy tonight?

80+

Thanks for the update, must be because word on the street is that Keenan is involved, lol!!

80+

Thanks for the update, must be because word on the street is that Keenan is involved, lol!!

That's 80+ for 3 grades, just to be clear
Keenan not involved with 2026 or 2023 grade just 2024
Keenan not involved with 2026 or 2023 grade just 2024

Right..he is the head coach for the Taz...that is it. Tryouts last night were for 26, 25, & 24.

Assume 22 kids for Geese, Storm, Taz and new 26 team and everyone at tryouts will fine a home.
Just to clarify... any idea how many 2026's at Legacy on Monday?
15 or so
15 or so

Seems like 2026 is light across the board. Legacy reported 15 or so, Express sounded even less...Igloo coming up might give us the total picture. Maybe August tryouts turned some newcomers away or maybe the parents just decided 2nd grade is too young.
15 or so

Seems like 2026 is light across the board. Legacy reported 15 or so, Express sounded even less...Igloo coming up might give us the total picture. Maybe August tryouts turned some newcomers away or maybe the parents just decided 2nd grade is too young.

2nd grade travel should have tryouts in the spring. No need to push these kids, so who are still 6 to do tryouts so early.
15 or so

2nd grade travel should have tryouts in the spring. No need to push these kids, so who are still 6 to do tryouts so early.

or they should keep short training rosters and supplement in the spring.
Anyone know what the turnout looked like for igloo 2026 this morning?
Anyone know what the turnout looked like for igloo 2026 this morning?

15 to 20 kids. Similar to other 2026 reports. Nice staff of Barrone and Cromwell.
Anyone have any thoughts on the 2026 clubs post tryouts? I went to 2 of them with my son for the experience and to get a sense of if he is ready for this, but I am new to this process. Awaiting results then will make a decision if it is for him. Looking for fair opinions on coaching, clubs at this age... I have heard (and agree) that coaching is most important here... (please save nonsense comments....)
Anyone have any thoughts on the 2026 clubs post tryouts? I went to 2 of them with my son for the experience and to get a sense of if he is ready for this, but I am new to this process. Awaiting results then will make a decision if it is for him. Looking for fair opinions on coaching, clubs at this age... I have heard (and agree) that coaching is most important here... (please save nonsense comments....)

Coaching is key, Barrone is top notch, no doubt and with Cromwell, I'd say they are the best combo. Don't know too many of the others. 91 hasn't named coaches nor have some of the others, so you have to avoid them until you have names.
Dan Paccione and Jay Leavy are coaching Legacy

Coaching is key, Barrone is top notch, no doubt and with Cromwell, I'd say they are the best combo. Don't know too many of the others. 91 hasn't named coaches nor have some of the others, so you have to avoid them until you have names.

I would agree Igloo would be the place to go based on the coaching but it's going to run you $1800. That's a lot of cash for 7 year old lax

Paccione from St John's ?

A lot of daddy ball at igloo

Barrone has a kid on the team but he is a [lacrosse] of a coach

Barrone has a kid on the team but he is a [lacrosse] of a coach

They all have kids on the team. You'll be fine as long as your kid doesn't play attack.
Igloo did a great job with the 2026s in the camp format. I think most teams had about the same turnout give or take a few. Barone and Cromwell made it fun in very hot conditions and the kids learned a ton.

Igloo did a great job with the 2026s in the camp format. I think most teams had about the same turnout give or take a few. Barone and Cromwell made it fun in very hot conditions and the kids learned a ton.

Did you get a phone call yet?

Paccione from St John's ?

Yes

I would agree Igloo would be the place to go based on the coaching but it's going to run you $1800. That's a lot of cash for 7 year old lax

1750.... All in, it is the same as the others.
Legacy is $1250 and includes all winter, fall ,summer 4 tournaments and clinics as well as a helmet. Plus you have 2 legit coaches. That is a great value
Igloo is 1750, and it includes winter training, spring and summer practices, helmet, gloves, and all other gear... no comparison here.
Stop the non sense and finish potty training your sons. Does it rally matter where they play at this age. Come on.
Stop the non sense and finish potty training your sons. Does it rally matter where they play at this age. Come on.

of course it does. Now is when habits (good or bad) are formed. if you don't think so, you are nuts.
Ok then if you want to compare apples apples then clearly better coaching at legacy plus a savings
Ok then if you want to compare apples apples then clearly better coaching at legacy plus a savings

Better than Barron's and Cromwell? Don't think so. Savings? Yes, but for less stuff.

Better than Barron's and Cromwell? Don't think so. Savings? Yes, but for less stuff.

Hard to disagree with that
Are you talking about merchandise with your name on it? Lavey and Paccione are great with kids.
Are you talking about merchandise with your name on it? Lavey and Paccione are great with kids.

I will agree, and who knows what they will be like as they coach these little boys, but you know what kind of guys the other two are. Chalk it up to different strokes for different folks, I'd expect to be pretty happy with igloo
...turning out to be the most anticipated lax matchup of 2015/2016. Legacy 2026 vs. Igloo 2026... Game will be on immediately following Spongebob.
...turning out to be the most anticipated lax matchup of 2015/2016. Legacy 2026 vs. Igloo 2026... Game will be on immediately following Spongebob.

Don't you think you are a little too old for Sponge Bob?
i just got engaged and plan to marry next summer.. Can we open a 2033 thread for my future kid? What program is best suited for that age? We plan on getting a full ride to Syracuse. When do we begin?
You should likely check the 2027 thread. Probably closer to your kids age.
i just got engaged and plan to marry next summer.. Can we open a 2033 thread for my future kid? What program is best suited for that age? We plan on getting a full ride to Syracuse. When do we begin?

If you need advice on where to begin, you won't be having a 2033 or any other year kid.
Any idea how many 2026 teams there will be?
You will go to tournaments and play all 2025 teams, maybe even 2024s. Kids will get crushed. Good luck!
You will go to tournaments and play all 2025 teams, maybe even 2024s. Kids will get crushed. Good luck!

There are at least 5-6 2026 teams around in various stages, in the past there were always 2nd/3rd grade brackets that were very difficult for the little guys. BUT there are now more pure 2nd and 3rd grade brackets in tournaments so they get a chance to compete in most games. Next year they will be out of the woods.
Here is what I know.... Legacy, Igloo, all have true 2026 teams. I believe Outlaws did hold a tryout, but I am not certain of turnout/result. Express held a 2026 tryout, but kids will train with 2025 and "potentially" enter one or two tournaments in the spring/summer. Other than that, I am not sure.
Dan coached my older son a couple of years back, you can't do any better than Dan working with your boy. Nice guy, good coach, keeps the boys playing with a smile on their face...
Official announcement went out for Legacy. Danny Paccione from St Johns and former Mll player Jay Lavey
The LI Sharks will have a strong 2026 team as well

On what basis do you say "Strong"? come on daddy, get a hold of yourself. That is just silly.

You need to wait until at least Spring until you can call Inside Lacrosse to do a feature on them.

Haha...didn't even have tryouts yet and you are claiming they will have a strong team

Thanks Sharks Director
sharks
igloo
Outlaws
Legacy
Express

I have seen tryouts for all of these listed for 2026 anyone know if they will all have teams or were the turnouts low?
No actually my son will be trying out. They have hired two amazing coaches and have a talented group of kids trying out. My older son has played for this program and the directors are passionate and care about teaching the kids. They are a solid program. The fact that you are worried shows how warped your mind is. These are second graders we are talking about.
Strong coaches along with hard working kids from strong PAL teams will equal a strong and well coaches group of boys. BTW I wasn't even thinking or talking about wins or losses since that does not matter at this age. I am taking my son and his friends to this program because they hire good coaches and teach these kids lacrosse and values. If you don't like it so be be it. Have fun wherever you go.
Bengals are showing 2026 tryouts also, but have they or will they have enough little guys after their last tryout date for a team?
Who doesn't like it ? I thought the question was who has 2026 teams.

Sharks
Bengals
Igloo
Outlaws
Legacy
Express
Who doesn't like it ? I thought the question was who has 2026 teams.

Sharks
Bengals
Igloo
Outlaws
Legacy
Express

Don't waste your money on the Sharks and Bengles. Both are just an expensive form of PAL and your kid will actually get more out of the PAL season. If you kid is really looking to do more give Barone a call at Igloo as he is a proven youth coach. Other on here have recommended Legecy, they also have proven youth coaches. 91 is 91, you know what you are getting there. Look no further then last years 2025 Bengles team and understand that was a disaster. They actually had 3rd graders playing on the 2nd grade team and still couldn't win, let alone develope the kids. At this age go what is proven or stick to the rebounder.
As a 2025 parent wait til next year . Tournaments were a mess and you will end up getting crushed by 3rd graders . These good teams all offer winter training clinics that are open to any one . Do winter training with legacy , a 91 Dlt training clinic and find a good summer one . If coaches feel your kid should be playing they will offer you a spot .
91 or Legacy at this age? 91 is coached by O'Keefe, Legacy is coached by Lavey and Paccione. Honest question. Trying to decide better fit for my son.
We did clinic with Lavey last year and he was amazing. My son is older. We also know Dan parents from Wantagh that played with Dan and had good things to say. Legacy doesn't count practices and the coaches will be there . Okeefe was running hurricanes last year and had kids in college and playing all over . Not a knock but he won't be there
At this age I recommend legacy based on coaching. Okeefe great coach don't think he can relate to the younger guys as well as the older. My opinion.
91 or Legacy at this age? 91 is coached by O'Keefe, Legacy is coached by Lavey and Paccione. Honest question. Trying to decide better fit for my son.

Pledge is a box lax, indoor lax guy who has been doing the younger age youth lacrosse thing for a long time. Pretty successful with his own boy.

Legacy got two good guys too.

You could always decide based on location because it is only 2nd grade lacrosse.
At this age I recommend legacy based on coaching. Okeefe great coach don't think he can relate to the younger guys as well as the older. My opinion.

Really, he has coached my son since first grade and his PAL group that started in 3rd grade has three rising seniors in Ty Xanders top 100 from one town, his Young STX team (that became thr Raiders and tehn 91) that he coached as 2nd graders now has about 15 DI commits between 2015's and 2016's - can't imagine a better resume with more D1 commits. He is nit a babysitter he is a lacrosse coach. Kids learn the game and love the game that he coaches and he is one [lacrosse] of a dancer
Easy buddy calm down its just my opinion, but hey appreciate yours and all the stats. Next time I state an opinion I will be more prepared. Take a deep breath no one is attacking your man crush.

Really, he has coached my son since first grade and his PAL group that started in 3rd grade has three rising seniors in Ty Xanders top 100 from one town, his Young STX team (that became thr Raiders and tehn 91) that he coached as 2nd graders now has about 15 DI commits between 2015's and 2016's - can't imagine a better resume with more D1 commits. He is nit a babysitter he is a lacrosse coach. Kids learn the game and love the game that he coaches and he is one [lacrosse] of a dancer

Get a life buddy...all of your stats mean nothing to 7 year olds. If you have a 2026 and you are even thinking about D1 anything you are a world class zero. Have your kid hit the books. Juet read what you wrote and them go back into your shell.
Easy buddy calm down its just my opinion, but hey appreciate yours and all the stats. Next time I state an opinion I will be more prepared. Take a deep breath no one is attacking your man crush.

just pointing out that the man has a track record of relating to very young lacrosse players who stayed with him for years and have been very successful - Yale, Wesleyan, UPenn, Binghamton to name a few

Sincerely Buddy
More stats thanks again Buddy. Sincerely LMAO
Anyone know if there are any 2026 teams entering fall tournaments? Igloo, Legacy, 91? I see they have open divisions for true 2026.
Anyone know if there are any 2026 teams entering fall tournaments? Igloo, Legacy, 91? I see they have open divisions for true 2026.

Yeah, can't wait to see my FOGO in action. He's really coming along... his faceoff percentage is increasing, and ground ball stats are great. I'm thinking about making him a long pole Middie on man-down situations.

Tournament flyers will list 2026 divisions but won't be enough teams so will combine with 2025. Unfortunately this happens a lot. Biggest problem with 2nd grade travel. Went through it two years ago
Legacy igloo express and 91 will play in fall the rest will have more work to get teams ready . Looks like legacy has here own Halloween tournament. Legacy won't do the 91 tournament because everything changes when you get there. Will usually be a mixed bracket with some 2/3rd grade mix teams . Think of it as preseason and ignore the results
any 2026 teams practicing yet?
Does anyone know who else has a true 2026 team? I know 91, Legacy, and Igloo so far.... These teams practicing yet?
Does anyone know who else has a true 2026 team? I know 91, Legacy, and Igloo so far.... These teams practicing yet?

Heard igloo is still looking for players.
Bluefish site says - More information on the 2017, 2025 and 2026 teams will be posted shortly. I think they had some kids at the 2026 tryouts, reach out to them they are very responsive.
Express does but may still need a few more. Not sure but they are practicing. Same coach as the 2025. Great with developing the little ones.
Bluefish site says - More information on the 2017, 2025 and 2026 teams will be posted shortly. I think they had some kids at the 2026 tryouts, reach out to them they are very responsive.

They will not field and of those 3 grades this year per their latest e-mail.
Express does but may still need a few more. Not sure but they are practicing. Same coach as the 2025. Great with developing the little ones.

Says you, coaches wife.
Hub Gladiators 2026/27 team starts practice on 9/28.

Wow, surprised they were able to field a team based on how much they were asking and how little they were offering.

Wow, surprised they were able to field a team based on how much they were asking and how little they were offering.

I heard the coach is going to be the Pope.

I heard the coach is going to be the Pope.

You are an idiot!
anyone know if any of the true 2026 teams are playing fall tournaments? 91, Legacy, Igloo, Express, Sharks... or any others?
tournaments for that age group will be held at Chucky Cheese...
Originally Posted by anonomous
tournaments for that age group will be held at Chucky Cheese...

Any play tomorrow?
Speaking to the clubs .... I can't believe you money whores take that much $$$$$ for 2nd grade teams. What's more disturbing is idiot parents paying it. You people are crazy
Speaking to the clubs .... I can't believe you money whores take that much $$$$$ for 2nd grade teams. What's more disturbing is idiot parents paying it. You people are crazy

Kid loves it so far, worth every penny.

I agree... Our little guys were involved in a very organized scrimmage with another 2nd grade travel club recently. All coach's were teaching all players through the entire game. Win/Win for all and the kids can't wait to do it again!

I agree... Our little guys were involved in a very organized scrimmage with another 2nd grade travel club recently. All coach's were teaching all players through the entire game. Win/Win for all and the kids can't wait to do it again!

My son came home last night glowing with a smile after that scrimmage. Priceless.
What organizations have 2026 teams? looking for my son any suggestions
91, Igloo, Legacy all have confirmed teams. Express is continuing to add for 2026. Not sure of anyone else...
What organizations have 2026 teams? looking for my son any suggestions

Currently from what I have seen Legacy, igloo, team 91, and LI Sharks.
Legacy is looking for a few kids having open tryout
Were the sharks able to fill the roster? I understood that they had trouble with #'s after tryouts.
Legacy is looking for a few kids having open tryout

tryouts may conflict with "Sesame Street or Barney" reruns, so make sure you don't have conflict
Were the sharks able to fill the roster? I understood that they had trouble with #'s after tryouts.

Saw them scrimmaging igloo's 2026 team on Sunday.
Any of these teams playing fall tournaments?
Legacy and Greenwich are signed up for mustang this weekend. Hopefully some more come along so they don't have to play up
given the limited number of 2026 teams i don't know why they don't just start an email chain with all the coaches and enter the same tourneys as much as possible
shut up before you get burned at the stake for using common sense on here.
Legacy, 91, and Igloo running 3 way scrimmage this weekend instead of playing in tourny.
Geese are 2026 champs! Hooray for them!
Geese are a 2025 team.... If you are referring to Mustang, note there was only 1 2026 team there. All others were 2025. Eels are the Legacy 2026 team.
Legacy did not play a 2026 team . They actually split the squad and had their kids play with Greenwich 2026 team because they were short kids
Legacy did not play a 2026 team . They actually split the squad and had their kids play with Greenwich 2026 team because they were short kids

If that works for you, great.
are there tryouts in the winter for the spring/summer season or are we closed out (luckily perhaps)?
Teams always can use players at this age. Contact the coaches if you want or better of holding out and doing training and clinics. Not too much fun playing up against 3rd graders at this age
You may be right, but they all want to play games, don't they?
Sachem program awesome beat both 91 teams last summer in Hersey and won it all for $125 lol who needs travel rip off money maker scams !!!
Sachem program awesome beat both 91 teams last summer in Hersey and won it all for $125 lol who needs travel rip off money maker scams !!!

Sachem? Really? Don't think so, I have all of my teeth.
Missing teeth Sachem or Benz Manhasset , 2nd grade club teams ??? You people should get a grip.
15 or so

Of course #s are light
Some kids haven't even picked up a stick yet
Crickets...

They're still young. Can't imagine that any of them are very tall.

They're still young. Can't imagine that any of them are very tall.

Lol
Any 2026 teams have tournaments lined up? Curious which tournys will have true 2026 division. Outside of Igloo, Legacy, and 91, are there any other 2026 teams?
Any 2026 teams have tournaments lined up? Curious which tournys will have true 2026 division. Outside of Igloo, Legacy, and 91, are there any other 2026 teams?

Probably Legacy. They had a 2nd grade team last year. Don't know their turnout was or whether they're fielding a team this year or not.

Probably Legacy. They had a 2nd grade team last year. Don't know their turnout was or whether they're fielding a team this year or not.

Think Igloo is putting one on in April
Let's not forget about the mommy and me league for all 2015/2016
Instead of day care the moms run off the post pregnancy weights while the babies get a early start on stick skills
sounds like a good idea...
Great showing this weekend by a couple of teams... Lot of fun and glad to see boys are getting out there!
Who took home the first career 2026 t shirt

Great showing this weekend by a couple of teams... Lot of fun and glad to see boys are getting out there!
Igloo. All 27 of them.
Who took home the first career 2026 t shirt

Where was this?????
Where was this?????

Igloo's place...they hosted and had a 4 team round robin, which is perfect for this grade.
Igloo ran a small day on Saturday. It was cool
Where was this?????

Igloo's place...they hosted and had a 4 team round robin, which is perfect for this grade.

RVC was up by 5 goals in the 3rd, and then Igloo came back to win. Great day for the boys!! Great competition by all teams.
Loved the skills competitions also. Brought all the kids together routing for each other, regardless of what jersey they had on. ...the way it should be!
Where was this?????

RVC was up by 5 goals in the 3rd, and then Igloo came back to win. Great day for the boys!! Great competition by all teams.
Goalie War game was a lot of fun! Kids were cheering and rooting like crazy.
Agreed. Some talented 2nd graders out there.
LMAO...Please get a life,you are talking abt 8 year olds playing lax. Some still cant tie their shoes and still pee in their beds...OMG
LMAO...Please get a life,you are talking abt 8 year olds playing lax. Some still cant tie their shoes and still pee in their beds...OMG

are you JEALOUS mommy?????
NO Im a father and been through the nonsense. You parents are CRAZY!!!Some talented 2nd graders? You mean some are more athletic and are told by their crazy parents to go to the goal and dont pass? Yea thats lacrosse..Dont forget to give your kid $5 for every goal he scores..LOL
Clearly as a parent who has and continues to live vicariously through his son(s) you have taken a rather complimentary statement to an entire new level. More importantly, why are you trolling 2nd grade threads if you don't have a young guy playing... That is creepy in itself. The comment was alluding to the fact that as a first time parent in travel lacrosse, I was impressed at how developed in the game some of these young guys are. I know growing up, passing around the cage, setting picks, and even throwing with both hands was years away from what I witnessed with a few kids from EVERY team that was out there on Sat. Kudos to the coaches, as it was clear that almost every kid I saw across all teams was having a blast. My son, some of his teammates and a couple of kids from the other teams were actually playing together in between games and hanging during the skills competitions. It was a great fun event with some lacrosse games going on. Save the drama and your short comings for whatever thread you have a kid on and stop trolling.
This is nothing but a MONEY GRAB for Igloo. I guess the guy who runs igloo really needs the money.
ill do what i want...You do what u want..I have a son who is a 2nd grader and plays lax,soccer and baseball. You keep paying the coaches and owners the big bucks for babysitting your little Rabil. You will open your eyes one day and realize they dont care abt you or your kid..Just your money. You are very naive. Have fun traveling to MD this summer with ur 8 yr old...Spend your money on a Family vacation..Not with other crazy dads like urself with red cups on the sidelines at lax events watching 8 yr olds...Truth hurts
ill do what i want...You do what u want..I have a son who is a 2nd grader and plays lax,soccer and baseball. You keep paying the coaches and owners the big bucks for babysitting your little Rabil. You will open your eyes one day and realize they dont care abt you or your kid..Just your money. You are very naive. Have fun traveling to MD this summer with ur 8 yr old...Spend your money on a Family vacation..Not with other crazy dads like urself with red cups on the sidelines at lax events watching 8 yr olds...Truth hurts

What a mean spirited, angry [lacrosse] you are. I'm sure your kids love you. Unfortunately not as much as you love you. D%#k!
This is nothing but a MONEY GRAB for Igloo. I guess the guy who runs igloo really needs the money.

Yeah, huge money grab.....I'm sure he was rolling in after 3 teams paid 850.
NO Im a father and been through the nonsense. You parents are CRAZY!!!Some talented 2nd graders? You mean some are more athletic and are told by their crazy parents to go to the goal and dont pass? Yea thats lacrosse..Dont forget to give your kid $5 for every goal he scores..LOL

You're not a father. You're a pansy. Why are you on a 2nd grade forum? I hope the moderator tracks you. You psycho.
truth hurts huh? looks like ur that dad who gives his son money when he scores a goal. Now thats funny.
Wow, jeez. I tend to agree that 2nd grade is a little young for these elite teams, but to each his own. Admittedly though if I didn't like my son's town coach and/or teammates I'd be looking into them. We lucked out on both fronts. We played the igloo in a charity event and they looked very well coached. Kids looked like they were having fun. My son is passionate about lax and I'd do what's best for him. I swear I'm not one of "those parents." I'm new to lacrosse and would be happy whatever my son decided to play. Not grooming a college scholarship. Just want to put him in positions to succeed. Like I said we like his town coach and love his teammates, so it's not necessary for us now. He'll stick with that and some clinics here and there so long as he wants to.
You must set you sights really high!
Huge MONEY GRAB. MORON

I like spending time drinking beer on the sidelines with other dads (that I'm friends with) and watching our kids play smile Especially in Maryland in June when the weather is perfect! After the games we go to the beach or ride go-karts and play mini golf. It's awesome!
Kids had a blast, bottom line. Tournament did not cost much, saw coaches helping other teams. There were some psychos out there, but I see them at soccer and baseball and wherever else. I'd rather get involved, have my kid have fun and identify those nuts early to stay far far away
Kids had a blast, bottom line. Tournament did not cost much, saw coaches helping other teams. There were some psychos out there, but I see them at soccer and baseball and wherever else. I'd rather get involved, have my kid have fun and identify those nuts early to stay far far away

What makes you so sure you aren't one of "those nuts"?
Any second grade teams playing this weekend?
...playing in tournaments in or around the Dix Hills area?

It was cancelled.

It was cancelled.
Really? Is that confirmed? Who bailed???

It was cancelled.

Come on dude. There is no drama. This is 2nd grade. You know what happened. Stop being stupid.

It was cancelled.

Come on dude. There is no drama. This is 2nd grade. You know what happened. Stop being stupid.
No drama... My boy was excited.. was going to offer to make calls to other clubs to try and fill in to keep it alive. Not everything is about generating drama... Especially at 2nd grade. You are obviously tainted from hanging on BOTC too much...

It was cancelled.

No drama... My boy was excited.. was going to offer to make calls to other clubs to try and fill in to keep it alive. Not everything is about generating drama... Especially at 2nd grade. You are obviously tainted from hanging on BOTC too much...

What happened?

It was cancelled.

What happened?
two teams bailed. Likely holiday or other commitments. All good.
That's it. I'm tired of 2026 teams not interested interested in playing. I'm going to bring my 2nd grader down to Maryland and play some real competition.
That's it. I'm tired of 2026 teams not interested interested in playing. I'm going to bring my 2nd grader down to Maryland and play some real competition.

But those 2nd graders are 9....
I just found this forum. I would have mentioned it earlier if I knew about this message board
I just found this forum. I would have mentioned it earlier if I knew about this message board

Old news. No one cares.
I do. Sorry Igloo dad.
I do. Sorry Igloo dad.

So call the cops and present them with your "evidence". They will not care either and you can go to "back of the precinct" and complain there.
That guy is out of control... Same personality on the field. Tourney was great. Goalie wars was fun to watch, face-off challenge was destroyed by that nonsense mentioned above. Kids loved speed shot challenge and watching the accuracy challenge tie breaker was great. All kids were cheering!
Can't wait! Lol
Anything new going on in this age group?

NOT trying to start trouble.
Originally Posted by meco24

tooth fairy came last night & got $5!

tooth fairy came last night & got $5!

There was a scrimmage tonight at Seamans Neck Park for two of the bigger clubs. Good time... Both teams played hard, but the bugs won. Orange and blue team vs. blue and white.
kids had fun, good game
nice
Agreed
Got to love Express... 2025/2026 Express North playing in 2026 division...
who won lax clash?
The 2025 Outlaws team or the 2025 Express North team. Loved this tourney.... Two 2025 teams in true 2026 bracket and 2025 Express North using long poles against 2026 teams.
2026 LI Sharks coaches are really nuts. Walking by after my sons game at McGrath and I could not help to watch the yelling and screaming. Parents on that team must be really psyched their 9 year olds get to be coached by lunatic dads.
2026 LI Sharks coaches are really nuts. Walking by after my sons game at McGrath and I could not help to watch the yelling and screaming. Parents on that team must be really psyched their 9 year olds get to be coached by lunatic dads.
Same goes for their 2024 coach...the NYP guy. Totally insane.

if your 9 year old is in 2nd grade, he's a holdback.
There looked like there could have been some holdbacks.
There looked like there could have been some holdbacks.

RVC 2nd grade is a good group.
The 2025 Outlaws team or the 2025 Express North team. Loved this tourney.... Two 2025 teams in true 2026 bracket and 2025 Express North using long poles against 2026 teams.

Stop whining. Those teams are mostly 2026 with a few 2025s. No different than igloo with holdbacks.
If your kid is 9, there is a chance he is held back 2 years....
You are correct. Outlaws 2025 and Express N 2025 are in fact the best 2026 teams out there...
Do they start checking birth certificates anytime soon?

This is my son's 2nd year playing. He plays football too. And goes to school like every other normal kid. And has lot of friends. None of his friends/classmates are that big/tall, fast, talented all at once. Neither was there such a disparity in the 20+ other games he's played in (including teams that beat us badly). I never suspected this once in any other game before Saturday. Football either... 2nd grade field day at school.... Birthday parties... Summer camps... Pickup games with neighborhood kids... etc... etc... Some of the kids' combination of size, speed, talent, coordination, aggression, had me scratching my head for sure. He also does PAL track and is unlucky enough to be at the age cutoff that puts him against kids a year older than him. I see first hand there what a difference one year makes. I really don't want to be like this. But some of the kids stuck out like a sore thumb. Or maybe the kids have great genes. Who knows.

All that complaining aside, my son still had fun playing and competing and I don't poison his attitude by letting him know about my suspicions.
Go check out the 2026 Igloo coach. Completely insane, lots of unhappy parents
If your kid is 9, there is a chance he is held back 2 years....
my kid is 9 and he's on a 2024 team

Great guy. Knows the kids by name at tryouts, speaks loudly so he can be heard and get the tykes attention. Always teaching. If that is not your style, there are other programs that will have 3rd grade teams for next year, so you can move on.

Not Tony. He is the best coach I have ever seen for kids. They all love him.
Our team played against a few of Tony's teams (Igloo, Seaford). Top notch guy. Great reputation. Even took time to give my son (opposing player) a few pointers.
I believe the problem and why parents are unhappy are due to AW and the fact that they have 26 kids on the roster. TB is a great coach, just has a maniac assistant...
26 kids on a second grade team and an 1800 price tag. At this age level everyone should play to learn the game. Having a 2nd grader sit on the bench for half the game is not what 2nd grade team should be about. As they get older, the better kids play more and the not so good kids sit more.
26 kids on a second grade team and an 1800 price tag. At this age level everyone should play to learn the game. Having a 2nd grader sit on the bench for half the game is not what 2nd grade team should be about. As they get older, the better kids play more and the not so good kids sit more.

You're kid is not on the team, and therefore you should not be concerned with Igloo. My son is on the team and I have been around with multiple teams with my older son, and I can say that this club and coaching as well as caring for the kids is the best I have seen. I have gotten a lot for my money!! There is no owner involvement, but who cares when my son loves Tony and Tony cares about my son, and everyone gets equal playing time.
AW is waxed out

You're kid is not on the team, and therefore you should not be concerned with Igloo. My son is on the team and I have been around with multiple teams with my older son, and I can say that this club and coaching as well as caring for the kids is the best I have seen. I have gotten a lot for my money!! There is no owner involvement, but who cares when my son loves Tony and Tony cares about my son, and everyone gets equal playing time.

get back to us in a couple of years and let us know if they still care ...its all a business and everyone is replaceable! and if you have an older son you should know this already.
Just a thought, but what if having more kids in this grade would allow more kids to develop, maybe because they are so young, it would benefit both the players and the club to see more kids develop and then shorten the roster. I mean how can you tell in 2nd grade if a player is going to be good or not, and maybe allowing more kids the opportunity to train more often allows kids to see if this is a sport they like or love. Also what about practices, having more kids allows for full field drills to teach the kids about the game. There is all these good reasons to have a larger roster at this age, but yes the only down side is playing time during the games.

get back to us in a couple of years and let us know if they still care ...its all a business and everyone is replaceable! and if you have an older son you should know this already.

I bet your kid got cut from the 2nd grade team.
Oh cut the crap
$46,800 for a 2 grade lax team
No matter how you slice or dice it
That is a ton of $
And if your kid isn't on the team you are right who cares
But that being said $1800 per player at that age is high price tag
Oh cut the crap
That is a ton of $

Is it your money or my money who is paying for great coaches, equipment, tons of extras?
The answer is.... Take a hike jealous Igloo wanna be.
Oh cut the crap
That is a ton of $

Is it your money or my money who is paying for great coaches, equipment, tons of extras?

Says the guy whose kid will be cut next year when they reshuffle and only take the best 18. All others will become a B team. It is a business...
Oh cut the crap
That is a ton of $

Grow up pal
Nobody is jealous of any 7 yr old team
All though the igloo wanna be coment was a nice laugh to start my day

Oh cut the crap
That is a ton of $

Grow up pal
Nobody is jealous of any 7 yr old team
All though the igloo wanna be coment was a nice laugh to start my day

Figure out the expenses

Helmets -2600
gloves -2600
uniforms -1300
tourn fees -3000
indoor/field fees -8000
3 coaches kids free -5400
bags -1000
coaches get paid? -3000 guess
Clearly not making 46k

Even if making 20k divide by 10 months. not getting rich there
Your over inflating the expenses. If travel lax isn't that profitable then why are teams popping up all over the island. The bigger clubs are making a fortune and everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie. And yes my son is on the igloo 2026 team and we're not happy. To think that every single parent on the team is estatic about the coach and club is just ignorant. If your happy, good for you. Get ready for a 3000 bill next year. We'll be moving on. Best of luck
Your over inflating the expenses. If travel lax isn't that profitable then why are teams popping up all over the island. The bigger clubs are making a fortune and everyone is trying to get a piece of the pie. And yes my son is on the igloo 2026 team and we're not happy. To think that every single parent on the team is estatic about the coach and club is just ignorant. If your happy, good for you. Get ready for a 3000 bill next year. We'll be moving on. Best of luck

Can't wait to see you leave this post. You sound like a total loser. Also, we know you're son is not on the team.
no club has 100% happiness
live and learn
you got out cheap
sounds as if your little igloo is ready for primetime yet
good luck
Will there be whispering among the parents on the sidelines during the next practice or game trying to find out who this mole is?
You guys are arguing about 2nd grade boys? Sad.
I know. It is sad. Better hope these igloo parents don't find out who you are. Sounds like they may beat you up for speaking out against the "authority". Haha
It's 2nd grade people relax. I bet most kids still wearing a pull up to bed and can't tie there shoes tight enough to hold the knot.
You guys are arguing about 2nd grade boys? Sad.

If it is sad to comment about 2nd grade lacrosse, it must be pathetic to comment about people commenting about 2nd grade lacrosse.

If it doesn't pertain to you, don't comment.
It's 2nd grade people relax. I bet most kids still wearing a pull up to bed and can't tie there shoes tight enough to hold the knot.

If your kid is wetting his bed at 7 years old you should talk to your doctor about that

If your kid is wetting his bed at 7 years old you should talk to your doctor about that

Not true.
Anyone know if Empire is a true 2026 or is this a 2025/2026 team playing down this weekend?
empire is 2025/26 for this tournament . 2025 team was not very competitive last year
empire is 2025/26 for this tournament . 2025 team was not very competitive last year[/quote]

So why play in 2026 bracket and not 2025...
A team should not be able to play down at any age
Even if it is one kid then the team needs to play in the older div
Tourny organizers should not of let them reg for the younger div

Maybe the tournament needed them to fill the bracket. Maybe it wasn't their decision.

Maybe the tournament needed them to fill the bracket. Maybe it wasn't their decision.

Not the case... This put 5 teams in the bracket and kept 4 teams in 2025...

Not the case... This put 5 teams in the bracket and kept 4 teams in 2025...

Obviously the decision of the Tourney. They aren't hiding the grade...
If this is the same Empire 2025/2026 team that played at Lax Fest in the 2025 B division, than it is a team that appears to be almost exclusively 2026 (or even younger), and had absolutely no one that appeared to be a good 2025 player. I get the argument about playing down, but this team can't compete at 2025 B, based on my first hand observations, so use that as a guide. Any 2025 on this team were low-end/low skilled players. Not a knock on the kids, just an observation.
Where is the best place to go tryout in this age group?
[quote=Anonymous]Where is the best place to go tryout in this age group?

Igloo
good luck with that, 30 kids on the roster and $3k for the year

Igloo

Make sure you know roster size going in. Its that important.
Eels!
Just wondering how was legacy experience for parents of 2026 kids?
Just wondering how was legacy experience for parents of 2026 kids?

[****]. As a parent, I will say this... The club stayed true to the core and the team. Unlike two other bigger clubs, they did not add 7-9 players throughout the year (or for last tournament) to bring the rosters to 25+. Won more than lost, but did not dominate. Lot of talent on this team and parents all got along. Kids developed individually. Looking forward to future...
Just wondering what were some 2026 experiences for the following clubs

Express
Igloo
Outlaws

Not looking for any bashing. Just honest opinions of your experience with these clubs at the 2026 level
Isn't a majority of the kids on this team from one town?

Igloo

barone and cromwell spread too thin
What's the experiences parents have had with O Keefe?

Igloo

LOL. The owner needs the money for tryouts. The more turnout the better.

Igloo

They still going to be coaching next season?

I hear he is not coaching the team next year...

Igloo

yup, Tony is a lifer!!

Igloo

yup, Tony is a lifer!!

Is he going to be coaching the 2024 team next year is the questions.

Igloo

yup, Tony is a lifer!!

Is he going to be coaching the 2024 team next year is the questions.

If he does something will suffer. Likely both teams

I hear he is not coaching the team next year...

says the anonymous poster that has no clue - he is in for the next 10 years with this group
I see alot of companies don't have a 2027 team is it even worth the money or is he still too young , he played up this past year with 2026 and fit in really well . One of the bigger kids on his team this year. Any suggestions ?? Thank you
Stay up for another year. 2027 will be playing mostly 2026 teams anyway
I see alot of companies don't have a 2027 team is it even worth the money or is he still too young , he played up this past year with 2026 and fit in really well . One of the bigger kids on his team this year. Any suggestions ?? Thank you

Igloo has a great 2027 team.
lol great they are in 2nd grade get a LIFE you loser

Igloo has a great 2027 team.

If the little guy is still big enough, keep him at 26. While the 27 teams will be fun to watch, there will be some who are athletic but beginners. So if you want the better lacrosse experience, stay with the older group for another year.
lol great they are in 2nd grade get a LIFE you loser

Then why are you on this post? If you don't have a child in this age group then you are a predator.
i do have a kid in this grade jerkoff...i was commenting on Igloo has a great 2027 team...are you freakin serious....GREAT..and predator..wth are you talking abt...Someone saying some team is great in any sport for 2nd graders are F'n losers in my book....
i do have a kid in this grade jerkoff...i was commenting on Igloo has a great 2027 team...are you freakin serious....GREAT..and predator..wth are you talking abt...Someone saying some team is great in any sport for 2nd graders are F'n losers in my book....

You sound like a total chump and D-Bag.

You sound like a total chump and D-Bag.

You all do.
Wow I'm the one that was asking , just look at the post now , holy crap what's wrong with some of you. That's how you talk to people ? They really allowed that post to be posted ? This website should have user names like every other forum I been on . I'm Looking for Suffolk county team I live around Holbrook area igloo is to far. Looking for good coaching and fundamental development. Not looking to win every game , kids have fun but good coaching a must thank you again. Will they allow 2027 try out for 2026 team and if he don't make it can fall back on 2027 ?? How does it work ?
Wow I'm the one that was asking , just look at the post now , holy crap what's wrong with some of you. That's how you talk to people ? They really allowed that post to be posted ? This website should have user names like every other forum I been on . I'm Looking for Suffolk county team I live around Holbrook area igloo is to far. Looking for good coaching and fundamental development. Not looking to win every game , kids have fun but good coaching a must thank you again. Will they allow 2027 try out for 2026 team and if he don't make it can fall back on 2027 ?? How does it work ?

depends on the organization I'd call around and see what their policy is first.
Thanks for the info
Can anyone give me a rundown of coaches at this age?
These are all assuming that coaches are coming back (big assumption)

Igloo- barone
Express -oreilly
91 - okeefe
Legacy - Paccione.

Not sure about other teams

Igloo- barone
Express -oreilly
91 - okeefe
Legacy - Paccione.

Would send my kid to any of these guys but the Express guy. He is too rough around the edges for 3rd graders.

Igloo- barone
Express -oreilly
91 - okeefe
Legacy - Paccione.

Would send my kid to any of these guys but the Express guy. He is too rough around the edges for 3rd graders.

Paccione and Lavey are joining Tim Byrnes on his team. No idea where that leaves Eels team. Zummo must be scrambling... Any idea who is coaching these other teams? Outlaws, 24, Revolution.... all others listed?
Respectfully disagree about O'Reilly. I thought he was a great coach.
What team is Byrnes coaching? Whole list in qualified to coach any age.

Dirt bag
In my opinion there are great 2026 programs out there. My son played for Tony at Igloo and he is great and to be honest my nephew played for two amazing coaches from the Long Island Sharks who haven't been mentioned in this thread. They beat us in a scrimmage in a very close game. I also know they finished the year by beating Legacy and then 91 in there last tournament. Coaches are Koester from North Carolina and Sullivan who used to play for the Saints. Bottom line is these kids are in second grade and if they are happy and learning the game and improving that is all that matters. theses teams were all good and their coaches are teaching the boys the right way.

IGLOO: BARONE

EXPRESS: O'REILLY

LI SHARKS: KOESTER

LEGACY: PACCIONE

91: O'KEEFE

long island sharks have a 2027
Long Island Sharks
1/2 the price and includes equipment and winter clinics as well as fall tournament.
To the jealous idiot who posted this. You obviously know nothing about Lacrosse and the lacrosse community. In lacrosse we don't bash other people who have played the game and coach the game. Which obviously you have not done either. James Koester and Coach Sullivan are two of the most gentle and kind hearted people you could know. my son absolutely loved them. how many kids can be coached by two all americans. Sullivan played for the saints as well. They treat the kids with respect and coach the kids the right way. Let me guess you must be one of the upset parents from one of those two big programs we beat that didn't see us coming. We don't even care about are record it's second grade. You should be proud of yourself that you just complained about a team that your son doesn't even play for. enjoy your club and paying twice as much for half the coaching.
O'Reilly had been coaching my older son since he was 6 in clinics and he gave him such a passion for the sport, you would be so lucky. He may say something a little off but says it in a fun, joking way that a kid would laugh. Not rough around the edges. He is great with the little ones. It's exactly what you want fot your son at a young age. He learns that with hard work, it pays off. In so many ways in life. Not just lacrosse. You are the parent! You should be teaching your son right from wrong but you want a coach at a young age that give a kid passion and goals and that's what O'Reilly does.
Sounds like you and your kid might be a little to soft around the edges, go find a nice baseball coach.
Those kids who play because their parents push them to play will be burnt. Those boys that play because they have a passion for the sport play D1. And they are happy. Your choice.

Dirt bag

And you're such a tough guy that I'm sure you have told him that to his face. Your kids must be embarrassed by you.
Some of the prices for tuition has increased big time from 2026 that is $1775 to 2025 $2475 and includes just 1 more tourney. Same amount of practices and helmet / jersey what a money maker this really turning into thought ice hockey was expensive because of ice team. Crazy !!
The cost for these teams is crazy but they will keep raising until we stop paying it.
Some of the prices for tuition has increased big time from 2026 that is $1775 to 2025 $2475 and includes just 1 more tourney. Same amount of practices and helmet / jersey what a money maker this really turning into thought ice hockey was expensive because of ice team. Crazy !!

There are a couple of teams that are about half those prices for the year and get just as much if not more. I don't think I can mention the team my son was on but I came from West Islip to play on it and was very happy. Lots of movement at this age due to pricing and experiences. The team I was on was based in Nassau and no it was not one of the larger organizations.
Make sure you look at the fine print. Many clubs charge EXTRA for fall tournaments and practice and indoor practices. Legacy and igloo the few that are all inclusive.

Dirt bag

And you're such a tough guy that I'm sure you have told him that to his face. Your kids must be embarrassed by you.

Have more than once. Dirtbag!
Igloo will run the table this year. Write that down.
Anyone anything about mama boyz ?? Where are they out of ??

Haha...3rd grade lacrosse early predictions. You are either a rookie or a pot stirrer

Haha...3rd grade lacrosse early predictions. You are either a rookie or a pot stirrer

Or just really needs a life
Anyone anything about mama boyz ?? Where are they out of ??

Suffolk County
I'm looking for a club that can teach my 2026 how to run an offense, man/up, man/down, clearing, 1-4-1 offense, etc.
Does anyone know what club I can have my son tryout for which will teach this to him? Also, he's new to the game and hasn't played for more than 2 years.
I guess everyone has their own expectations/requirements. I'd want quality experienced coaches who are good at this age level and a talent level where every kid can throw/shoot, pass, cradle, scoop, dodge, catch, switch hands, have field awareness/some game iq. That way they all make each other better and get things clicking.

That said, I don't think we're ready to commit that kind of money yet, especially since I'm happy with our town coaches and teammates. We're going to one tryout just to see what to expect, etc.

daddy ball!!!
it will be all over espn, right after the story of wrestling kid with no legs.. very inspirational is a team like this.
Looks like Paccione and OKeefe have joined forces
© US Lacrosse Community Forum