Home
Posted By: The Hop Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/22/15 02:16 AM
This thread is for all thoughts concerning the Schoolgirls tryout and subsequent banter that's sure to follow.
Posted By: The Hop Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/22/15 02:19 AM
To answer the posters question about who runs the schoolgirls tryout the answer is the NY chapter of US Lacrosse, the LIMLF (Long Island Metro Lacrosse Foundation).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/22/15 03:12 AM
For those not familiar, can someone please provide some background info on this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/22/15 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by The Hop
To answer the posters question about who runs the schoolgirls tryout the answer is the NY chapter of US Lacrosse, the LIMLF (Long Island Metro Lacrosse Foundation).


What coaches will be there?
Posted By: The Hop Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/22/15 03:48 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those not familiar, can someone please provide some background info on this.


http://limetrolax.org/2015/03/17/long-island-national-tournament-tryout-information/
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 01:55 PM
lets push this topic back to the top, anyone else sneak around and watch a little.. I did.
I'm guessing about 25-30 spots up for grabs
(there were 23- 2015 players on last years roster, and a few girls on U-19 didnt tryout due to restrictions)
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 03:15 PM
2015 girls do not play schoolgirls for grades 9 - 11
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 03:41 PM
At least 12 freshmen there, but looked like a lot of juniors
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2015 girls do not play schoolgirls for grades 9 - 11


Right..sorry if i was'nt clear.. the 23 2015 players from last years roster are the open spots for this year assuming that the 2016's and 2107' who made it last year tried out and will make a team again.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2015 girls do not play schoolgirls for grades 9 - 11


I think he was pointing out that the 2015 from last year cannot play this year so the spots they occupied are now open.In the past all I heard was it was a rigged event for YJ blah blah, is that still the opinion.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2015 girls do not play schoolgirls for grades 9 - 11


I think he was pointing out that the 2015 from last year cannot play this year so the spots they occupied are now open.In the past all I heard was it was a rigged event for YJ blah blah, is that still the opinion.


As far as one club having an over representation the LIMLF has the following in place regarding the evaluators:

For every 4 selectors there can be 1 club coach selecting (club representation MUST be evenly distributed and only club coaches that are CURRENT high school coaches are eligible).


I think this should at least avoid some of the past "rigging"

I personally did not see Mrs C.R. - but that doesnt mean she wasnt there or involved
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 08:23 PM
seriously? She is just a text away. Anything on LI goes through her
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/27/15 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At least 12 freshmen there, but looked like a lot of juniors


Wow you know that many players that just by looking at them you can tell their grade.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/28/15 01:26 AM
C R is not for kids
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/28/15 02:19 AM
just another resume building political money grab for clubs and coaches and the 100th line on players bios. There is an all star team or invitational every weekend of the year. Brine, UA on and on and on. Even after girls commit, the parents keep dolling out tons of cash running all over the country.
Posted By: The Hop Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/28/15 04:25 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just another resume building political money grab for clubs and coaches and the 100th line on players bios. There is an all star team or invitational every weekend of the year. Brine, UA on and on and on. Even after girls commit, the parents keep dolling out tons of cash running all over the country.


Ridiculous words by this anonymous poster. Maybe sour grapes huh?

The US Lacrosse National Schoolgirls Tournament is one of the best competitive recruiting events in the country. It is attended by every chapter in the US and is an incredible weekend of lacrosse for players, families and recruiters.
Further, the Under Armour All American Senior game and Underclass games are great celebrations of the best talent in the country. If you have ever been you will agree it is a great experience for the players and their families.
Brine also has it's place and provides a special experience for those attending.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/28/15 01:04 PM
Most of the girls who will be on the Schoolgirls team are already committed, so I'm confused on how it is such a big recruiting event???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/28/15 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most of the girls who will be on the Schoolgirls team are already committed, so I'm confused on how it is such a big recruiting event???


I agree with you about the recruiting part, but because the games are played during the NCAA Womens championship weekend and sometimes at the same venue.. there are usually a good number of coaches in attendance. If your in the 10-20% of the roster that hasnt yet committed .. its a great place to play
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/29/15 08:46 PM
email's going are out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/29/15 10:47 PM
Who made it for the goalies?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 01:09 AM
My daughter made a team this year. She is on Team 2. Anyone know how many teams there are? Is Team 1 for the top players or are they evenly divided?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who made it for the goalies?


Six of Them
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 11:30 AM
Really? From what schools?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 12:58 PM
Three Teams? Really?

Everybody gets a Trophy.

Have they always had three teams?

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Three Teams? Really?

Everybody gets a Trophy.

Have they always had three teams?



Just an ignorant statement . It's all of Long Island combined , you have many very good players who do not make any of the teams , many D1 commits do not make a team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter made a team this year. She is on Team 2. Anyone know how many teams there are? Is Team 1 for the top players or are they evenly divided?

Congrats, thats a nice accomplishment. there are three teams in order of skill based evaluators input..team 1, team 2, team 3,
good job on your kid being one of the 60 best players from LI
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 02:45 PM
Are rosters up anywhere?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Three Teams? Really?

Everybody gets a Trophy.

Have they always had three teams?

Everybody gets a Trophy? Are you kidding me? Your obviously new to girls lax. Yes there has always been 3 teams. Yes every year good D1 committed girls get passed by even though they are very good (my daughter being one). Yes in past years there has been a heavy club influence in deciding the rosters (though it sounds like Long Island Metro has taken steps to rectify it this year). Please be somewhat informed before you post, it cuts down on the silly posts. As far as a Suffolk All Star team being able to beat a Nassau All Star team, are you nuts? The big 3 nassau teams are a combined 34-1 while playing against some of the best teams in the nation. I think your basing this off the success rate of the Y.J.( a mostly suffolk based club) if you are don't forget to factor some of there better players are from nassau. A year ago you would have been right, but not this year. Wait until next year after the 15's are gone, girls lax is really going to be bad on L.I. My prediction is that any L.I. metro team isn't able to compete well against the mid -Atlantic's.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 05:48 PM
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .


What are you talking about?
2015 TG always played Skywalker's to one goal games? N9k5s5
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 04/30/15 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 12:59 AM
last year team 1 and team 2 were in the finals !!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.


What changes has Liberty made that you reference?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.

Thanks for proving my point , at U15 tournament your Liberty team lost to YJ Defo , they called them YJ2 but it was YJ defo. Your youth manhasset teams are non competitive against most suffolk town teams . Keep talking about stuff you have no idea about , last year I believe suffolk won 4 out of 5 age groups in the Long Island all american games , as close to suffolk vs Nassau all star games as there are.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 02:09 AM
Confused....isn't this thread a "school girls" tryout thread?? I am actually interested in hearing input about THAT event. Pleas go vent about your 'set, etc... on another thread.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 02:13 AM
Back to School Girls. Must have been fair since no one complaining yet? Any feedback? Results posted?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 02:42 AM
Great to all the freshmen on the teams!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.

Thanks for proving my point , at U15 tournament your Liberty team lost to YJ Defo , they called them YJ2 but it was YJ defo. Your youth manhasset teams are non competitive against most suffolk town teams . Keep talking about stuff you have no idea about , last year I believe suffolk won 4 out of 5 age groups in the Long Island all american games , as close to suffolk vs Nassau all star games as there are.
It was Skak
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You go off about people being uninformed that state nonsense . First your argument about the all star match up makes no sense as you are talking about school teams . I think the best players on Long Island in the 2015, 2016, 2017 for the most part live in suffolk . Your comment about the drop off after this year just shows your ignorance , the YJ 2016 team has been the best team in the country for the last few years in their age group, the tg 2016 team has been very competitive more so than their 2015 TG team, the elevate 2016 team is also a very competitive group. Let me guess your daughter plays for Sett and Liberty . Got news for you your Liberty 2015 lost to YJ 2016 when they played , but you are correct both those teams your daughter plays on fall off a cliff next year .
Liberty 2015 black never played Y.J. 2016, so you're a lier. But why such hate?Why does it bother you so much that a 'set team is doing this well? You're the reason L.I. lacrosse will stop being as good as it has been. All you suffolk moms are so concerned with the Y.J. stigma that you have stopped letting your daughters play with the kids from town that aren't "as good" as your superstar, so the town girls get no better, and your middle and high school teams suffer. That is so selfish, but everyone knows you don't care. G.C. 'set, and Wantaugh all have strong youth teams that stay together in PAL and develop each other (same as the mid- Atlantic's) so i think 'set will be just fine. it also seems that Liberty has made a few changes, so lets see how things go.

Thanks for proving my point , at U15 tournament your Liberty team lost to YJ Defo , they called them YJ2 but it was YJ defo. Your youth manhasset teams are non competitive against most suffolk town teams . Keep talking about stuff you have no idea about , last year I believe suffolk won 4 out of 5 age groups in the Long Island all american games , as close to suffolk vs Nassau all star games as there are.


LI All American game is not even close to picking the best players. It's a YJ money maker and marketing program.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 01:27 PM
Yes...were there many?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/01/15 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Back to School Girls. Must have been fair since no one complaining yet? Any feedback? Results posted?


No rosters posted yet that is why there are no complaints
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/02/15 01:39 PM
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/02/15 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/02/15 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.


Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/04/15 06:03 PM
When can a player expect some follow-up? she received an email confirmation about making a team, and that the coach will be in contact, but nothing since. nothing on LIMLF website either. the tournament is 3 weeks away
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/04/15 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.


Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB

You guys are really very funny. Of the teams that you just mentioned I am only familiar with ESM and Mass. ESM consistently pulls up middle school kids for the past 4-5 years and I have seen Mass do it also. The other poster basing their opinion that lax talent on LI will drop off after this year on what some delusional Riverhead parent said is comical.I would tend to base that evaluation on success of the local summer travel teams compared to their cohorts in Maryland. If you are honest their is little to no drop off and most probably an improvement.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/04/15 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.


Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB


You are mainly right, except that CSH consistently has 8th graders on their rosters. Two this year even. Unfortunately, they barely play because CSH is a very old team, but both are definitely solid players who probably would have benefitted from playing maybe one more year with girls their age.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/04/15 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.


Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB

You guys are really very funny. Of the teams that you just mentioned I am only familiar with ESM and Mass. ESM consistently pulls up middle school kids for the past 4-5 years and I have seen Mass do it also. The other poster basing their opinion that lax talent on LI will drop off after this year on what some delusional Riverhead parent said is comical.I would tend to base that evaluation on success of the local summer travel teams compared to their cohorts in Maryland. If you are honest their is little to no drop off and most probably an improvement.
So Let me get this right, A mother that is unfamiliar with Garden City, Manhasset, Wantaugh, Cold Spring Harbor, and West Islip is going to tell me that the state of Long Island lacrosse is strong? That really is very funny
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/05/15 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.


Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB

You guys are really very funny. Of the teams that you just mentioned I am only familiar with ESM and Mass. ESM consistently pulls up middle school kids for the past 4-5 years and I have seen Mass do it also. The other poster basing their opinion that lax talent on LI will drop off after this year on what some delusional Riverhead parent said is comical.I would tend to base that evaluation on success of the local summer travel teams compared to their cohorts in Maryland. If you are honest their is little to no drop off and most probably an improvement.
So Let me get this right, A mother that is unfamiliar with Garden City, Manhasset, Wantaugh, Cold Spring Harbor, and West Islip is going to tell me that the state of Long Island lacrosse is strong? That really is very funny


School ball may be seeing some talent fluctuations, while some are growing weaker, other teams are growing stronger. To put a finger on the collective talent of LI lax you need to look to the elite travel clubs. I am familiar with many of the LI age groups for the last 8 or 9 years. Certainly a few weaker age a groups but also some very strong, but same thing in MD or anywhere else. Definitely do not agree with talent getting weaker on the whole, that's just someone's over inflated opinion of themselves.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/05/15 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]I do not see a drop off in talent after this year for long island girls lacrosse. Many varsity teams have starting freshmen, some have eighth graders and a handful have amazing seventh graders. Why anticipate a talent drop off when there are so many "young" teams? Never underestimate the filling of shoes when seniors graduate.
If your judging the quality of lacrosse by that than it's worse than I anticipated. Lets be honest, most girls that get pulled up are there more because of politics than talent. Earlier this year a Riverhead parent was boasting how competitive they would be because of the 7th and 8th grade additions, and there a very non competitive 4-7 with wins against Copiague, Whitman, Brentwood , and Lindi. There is no underclassman "lighting it up" anywhere. The fact that varsity teams are turning to 7th, 8th and 9th graders is a symptom of the problem. why aren't there enough 10th, 11th & 12th graders efficient to roster a full squad? With the rate of growth and popularity there should be hundreds of girls we should be talking about in those grades, not the pull ups. Look south, this isn't a problem in Md. only the best 9th and 10th graders get pulled up, forget about 7th and 8th. But you guys keep telling your little "superstar" that she is too good to play P.A.L. Soon she will need those P.A.L. superstars to fill her varsity roster because the girls without the resources or dedicated family's will fall between the cracks and never get any better, and your High School teams will always be bad.


Look at the programs that are at the top of their divisions every year....GC, Sett, CSH, ESM , WI, Wantagh, Massapequa.....
All have strong youth programs and rarely have a MS kid on their rosters . That is why they are always at the top in the standings. One or two players cant win it in the playoffs. Just ask EI & WB

You guys are really very funny. Of the teams that you just mentioned I am only familiar with ESM and Mass. ESM consistently pulls up middle school kids for the past 4-5 years and I have seen Mass do it also. The other poster basing their opinion that lax talent on LI will drop off after this year on what some delusional Riverhead parent said is comical.I would tend to base that evaluation on success of the local summer travel teams compared to their cohorts in Maryland. If you are honest their is little to no drop off and most probably an improvement.
So Let me get this right, A mother that is unfamiliar with Garden City, Manhasset, Wantaugh, Cold Spring Harbor, and West Islip is going to tell me that the state of Long Island lacrosse is strong? That really is very funny


School ball may be seeing some talent fluctuations, while some are growing weaker, other teams are growing stronger. To put a finger on the collective talent of LI lax you need to look to the elite travel clubs. I am familiar with many of the LI age groups for the last 8 or 9 years. Certainly a few weaker age a groups but also some very strong, but same thing in MD or anywhere else. Definitely do not agree with talent getting weaker on the whole, that's just someone's over inflated opinion of themselves. [/quote

Best post so far .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/05/15 07:23 PM
Does anyone know if the actual school girls rosters get posted anywhere ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/05/15 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know if the actual school girls rosters get posted anywhere ?


i'm waiting for the same thing...less than 3 weeks till this thing starts
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/08/15 01:44 PM
Has anyone received any additional info? last message was about making a team and that the coach will be in contac withyou shortly.. nothing since..anyone hear from LI team 3 coaches yet?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/08/15 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone received any additional info? last message was about making a team and that the coach will be in contac withyou shortly.. nothing since..anyone hear from LI team 3 coaches yet?


Daughter made team 2 and we have not heard anything past the original notification.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/08/15 06:44 PM
Team 3 hasn't heard anything either.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/11/15 12:29 AM
Does anyone know if they have any practices before they go in 2 weeks? Received notification who the coach is but no news from coaches.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 12:00 PM
Interesting scores from schoolgirls so far ...

Very tight games. Mass/RI 1 tying LI metro 1 is a surprise although Mass beat Philly and DC 1s so maybe a strong team this year.

Baltimore 1 tying 2 games and LI metro 2 being 1-1-1 all a bit surprising to me as well.

Looks like a lot of parity this year. Great tournament.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting scores from schoolgirls so far ...

Very tight games. Mass/RI 1 tying LI metro 1 is a surprise although Mass beat Philly and DC 1s so maybe a strong team this year.

Baltimore 1 tying 2 games and LI metro 2 being 1-1-1 all a bit surprising to me as well.

Looks like a lot of parity this year. Great tournament.
Looks like the above poster was right. Girls lax seems to be on the way down on L.I.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 04:30 PM
Mass 2 beats LI 2 to knock LI 2 out of championship bracket. The Mass teams are really looking strong.

Semis going on right now ...

Mass 1 vs Baltimore 1
LI 1 vs NJ North 1
Posted By: The Hop Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Mass 2 beats LI 2 to knock LI 2 out of championship bracket. The Mass teams are really looking strong.

Semis going on right now ...

Mass 1 vs Baltimore 1
LI 1 vs NJ North 1


Thanks for the updates. KEEP EM COMIN'
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 08:36 PM
LI 1 turned it on in the playoffs and ran away w the finals 17-4 over Balt 1

Mass 1 after a 1 goal loss to Balt in Semis beat NJ North 1 11-10 in OT for 3rd.

LI 1 looked to be clear best after a tight pool round and Balt/Mass/NJ all really closely bunched between 2-4.

Very competitive weekend and great to see teams from all over the country raising their level of play.

US U19 team last night was dominant against a Lasota-less Canadian team 19-4.

Looking forward to a great NCAA Championship game tonight at PPL Park.

Rooting for a UNC upset!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting scores from schoolgirls so far ...

Very tight games. Mass/RI 1 tying LI metro 1 is a surprise although Mass beat Philly and DC 1s so maybe a strong team this year.

Baltimore 1 tying 2 games and LI metro 2 being 1-1-1 all a bit surprising to me as well.

Looks like a lot of parity this year. Great tournament.
Looks like the above poster was right. Girls lax seems to be on the way down on L.I.


Don't think it's on the way down on LI as they dominated finals, but would say it's on the way up in many other parts of the country. And that's a great thing for the sport IMHO.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 09:24 PM
Were there many college coaches? Is this tournament considered a recruiting event?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting scores from schoolgirls so far ...

Very tight games. Mass/RI 1 tying LI metro 1 is a surprise although Mass beat Philly and DC 1s so maybe a strong team this year.

Baltimore 1 tying 2 games and LI metro 2 being 1-1-1 all a bit surprising to me as well.

Looks like a lot of parity this year. Great tournament.
Looks like the above poster was right. Girls lax seems to be on the way down on L.I.


That's because all the LI girls are playing for the U19 team and can't help out the regional schoolgirls team. Yet they still win.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Were there many college coaches? Is this tournament considered a recruiting event?


On Saturday yes, there were many, today I didn't see any.

About half the girls on LI 3 are uncommitted, they drew a good audience of coaches.

We went 4-1 for the weekend .. But did not get to play in the playoff bracket unfortunately.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/24/15 10:42 PM
Ask shannon smith and kelly amonte. They were both there.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/25/15 12:08 AM
Where can you find the rosters for the school girls teams?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/25/15 01:06 AM
In the program from the event. The way it should be
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/25/15 01:17 AM
1 girl from Long Island that is not a senior on US u19 team . yhere goes that theory genius.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/25/15 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1 girl from Long Island that is not a senior on US u19 team . yhere goes that theory genius.


I knew some long island yahoo was going to try the u19 thing. Thank you for calling them out w the facts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/25/15 03:09 AM
Yea Maryland!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/26/15 12:54 PM
Its amazing how ridiculous so many of you are. You could not wait to come on here and claim LI lacrosse is on the decline. If you look at the results from this past weekend it shows the exact opposite. Have been following school girls for many years now and would say LI Metro team one had the most dominating performance in bracket play that I can remember. If you want to use school girls as any sort of barometer I would say LI girls lacrosse is doing just fine and the current 10-11th graders have been able to show an even wider gap between themselves and the rest of the country.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/27/15 01:41 AM
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/27/15 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.


Easy mom
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/27/15 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.


Last years Team 1 was way better than this year. Remember last year was a U-19 year, which means more kids (top players) will come out and play. School girls has lost its steam as far as the quality of players coming out (besides last year). It has always been pegged as a recruiting tournament and many of the committed girls just try out for UA. In NY the playoffs are still going on and kids don't want to jeopardize their playoff season to participate. For the parent who is saying the LI Metro team this year is better than the U-19 team or even team 1 last yr, u are clueless!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/27/15 04:12 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.


Last years Team 1 was way better than this year. Remember last year was a U-19 year, which means more kids (top players) will come out and play. School girls has lost its steam as far as the quality of players coming out (besides last year). It has always been pegged as a recruiting tournament and many of the committed girls just try out for UA. In NY the playoffs are still going on and kids don't want to jeopardize their playoff season to participate. For the parent who is saying the LI Metro team this year is better than the U-19 team or even team 1 last yr, u are clueless!

Well here is my deduction, you are the clueless one! By what you stated your child did not participate this year; either cut, team 2 or 3 and "but to good" to play on T2 or T3, to old or didn't participate because your HS team is in the playoffs "LOL" Well let me fill you there were many of the 24 who were still in the playoffs that participated along with the ones that weren't were all D1 commits and very talented players. Bottom line is you weren't there to compare U19 or last years team to this years, what I can state for a fact no body who participated or the parents at this years event made any such comparisons. LI Metro 1 played whom ever was put in front of them and won the tournament, the team was comprised of many different HS and clubs alike they played as a team, enjoyed the experience and represented Long Island with pride. Congrats girls job well done!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/27/15 04:19 PM
First I would like to say comparing schoolgirls 1 to the U-19 team is crazy. With that said, with the exception of 1 or 2 girls team 1 was not really missing anybody that didn't tryout. The roster was what would have been expected. so to come on here and say that many girls skipped it is not really accurate
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Schoolgirls Tryouts Sunday - 05/27/15 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
that LI metro team 1 would give the usa u19 team a run for there money. they are as good.


Last years Team 1 was way better than this year. Remember last year was a U-19 year, which means more kids (top players) will come out and play. School girls has lost its steam as far as the quality of players coming out (besides last year). It has always been pegged as a recruiting tournament and many of the committed girls just try out for UA. In NY the playoffs are still going on and kids don't want to jeopardize their playoff season to participate. For the parent who is saying the LI Metro team this year is better than the U-19 team or even team 1 last yr, u are clueless!


You really are clueless. First off the person stating the U19 team thing was just stirring the pot and you took the bait. Second according to your logic the team from last year would be better than any other team from 2011-2017 which is possible but not probable. The best kids on LI still go and tryout , you had several kids who made teams last year and this year did not make a team or made a lower team. No one said this team was better than any other years team , they were just using the teams results show that the talent on LI is still very good if not the best in the country. We get it your little superstar is a senior and LI girls lacrosse will never be the same without her.
© Back of THE CAGE