@BackOfTheCAGE
The Andy Forsberg revised schedules are available for download. Claick on the links below.

Attached File
Attached File
The 8th grade A has a weak b team in it!!!!!
why are outlaws black in the 2020 B bracket? Never seen them before but thought outlaws black are their better team. A bracket only has 4 teams we could use another.
Originally Posted by Anonymous

2020 Outlaws put both their A and B team in B bracket. Lame
The tournament has found some errors in the schedules...as soon as they get me the updated schedules I will post them and put the updated info on the scroll on top

2020 Outlaws put both their A and B team in B bracket. Lame

Mistake- They are in 7th B not 6th b

You people can not wait to jump on this. Really sad when you think about what this tournament is all about.

Revised Schedule out soon
why are outlaws black in the 2020 B bracket? Never seen them before but thought outlaws black are their better team. A bracket only has 4 teams we could use another.

No they don't need one more team in A. When a tournament is 3 games and a championship, you want either 4 or 6 teams in a bracket. If you have 5 teams in a bracket, one team would have to play 4 games in order for each team to get a minimum of 3 games each. Odd number brackets do not work.
Get a life. Why so worried about Outlaws
UJB, thanks for the updates. You should know "The First Days are the Hardest Days". There will always be knuckle heads jumping on everything they can here. makes them feel important. Good luck this weekend, looking forward to another great tournament.
UJB, thanks for the updates. You should know "The First Days are the Hardest Days". There will always be knuckle heads jumping on everything they can here. makes them feel important. Good luck this weekend, looking forward to another great tournament.

Cause when life looks like easy street 91 is at your door.
Re worked schedule- Was sent to directors, Will wait till wed morning to post here in case we have any more changes.

Please read
This is the 6th Annual Andy Forsberg Memorial Tournament. Andy passed away in 2008 after a long and courageous battle with cancer. He left behind his wife Donna and three sons Matt, Tommy & Chris.

A longtime Huntington resident in the Elwood School District, Andy was very involved in coaching Huntington area youth lacrosse and was involved in the formation of the LI Outlaws Lacrosse Club.

Andy was a very special person. As an example, in a sport where emotions sometimes get the better of coaches, parents and players, Andy was different. While very competitive, he was always a calming influence to his fellow coaches, the players he coached and taught and always put things in the proper perspective. He always took time with every player he coached no matter their skill or ability and made them feel special. It is also how he lived his life. One friend said “Andy is the man we should all be like”.

After Andy’s passing, his family, friends and neighbors organized this tournament for the benefit of his children’s college education fund, The Andrew G. Forsberg Memorial Trust Fund. The tournament and Forsberg Family also donate to other charitable causes and funds.

We organized this as a competitive tournament with championships in every division that players, coaches and parents could all enjoy. However if you don’t like a call that an official makes, a mistake by a player, or any of the other things that can get us all going, maybe think WWAD (What Would Andy Do) and put it in perspective.

We have many returning teams that have participated for many years and many new teams in this tournament. We thank you again for your support and look forward to a great weekend of lacrosse for all.

Forsberg Tournament Directors
June 2014
Well said
Please check 7A bracket. Two teams are scheduled to play each other twice.
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band
Re worked schedule- Was sent to directors, Will wait till wed morning to post here in case we have any more changes.

Please read
This is the 6th Annual Andy Forsberg Memorial Tournament. Andy passed away in 2008 after a long and courageous battle with cancer. He left behind his wife Donna and three sons Matt, Tommy & Chris.

A longtime Huntington resident in the Elwood School District, Andy was very involved in coaching Huntington area youth lacrosse and was involved in the formation of the LI Outlaws Lacrosse Club.

Andy was a very special person. As an example, in a sport where emotions sometimes get the better of coaches, parents and players, Andy was different. While very competitive, he was always a calming influence to his fellow coaches, the players he coached and taught and always put things in the proper perspective. He always took time with every player he coached no matter their skill or ability and made them feel special. It is also how he lived his life. One friend said “Andy is the man we should all be like”.

After Andy’s passing, his family, friends and neighbors organized this tournament for the benefit of his children’s college education fund, The Andrew G. Forsberg Memorial Trust Fund. The tournament and Forsberg Family also donate to other charitable causes and funds.

We organized this as a competitive tournament with championships in every division that players, coaches and parents could all enjoy. However if you don’t like a call that an official makes, a mistake by a player, or any of the other things that can get us all going, maybe think WWAD (What Would Andy Do) and put it in perspective.

We have many returning teams that have participated for many years and many new teams in this tournament. We thank you again for your support and look forward to a great weekend of lacrosse for all.

June 2014

Great stuff and well written. I wish we were participating.

Andy sounds like a great man and wish he was someone I could have had the pleasure of getting to know.

This piece should be posted on every one of the message boards where parents are saying how great their son's team is or how poor another team is.....

Thanks for bringing us all back to reality. Enjoy the ride not the destination. Keep calm and lax on.

They struggled in their bracket at JDRF.
Originally Posted by Uncle Johns band

Please read

June 2014

I had my children read this. Thank you.
Is the schedule out yet??? Please it's Wednesday already...thanks.
Is the schedule out yet??? Please it's Wednesday already...thanks.

Schedule is out ask your director or coach, They are waiting to post here in case any other changes, and on Outlaw web site I believe-very smart
i see Outlaws 2023 playing in the 4th grade bracket so is Outlaws 2022, is that correct?
No 2022's at all. Actually some 2024's.
that is a true statement.
a few 2024's playing in the 2022 bracket.
I am far from a Outlaws supporter, but Kudos to the 2023 team for moving up in their host tourney.
That's a lot of teams in 2020 B.
yes great turnout in age groups.
Schedules at the top of the thread
Nice 8th grade A bracket!!! 3 strong teams against a weak B team. Great job on setting that up!!!!!
Nice 8th grade A bracket!!! 3 strong teams against a weak B team. Great job on setting that up!!!!!
ok I'll bite. Which team is considered the weak B team by you- True Blue or Wantagh Tribe ?

What is wrong with you people? You whine if a team plays B, you whine if a team plays A, you whine when a mistake is made on a schedule. This site has been populated by children or adults who act like children.
The JDRF thread became a whining disater for an event to support a good cause.
Lets not repeat the same here for another good cause.

If true blue registered for the A bracket why are you complaining. Is there a possibility they might be better than you think.
True blue

You my friend are an a**. They had 4 teams sign up for the A bracket and you are complaining that one team is weak. That's the teams prerogative as to where to sign up their boys. Why are you complaining as if the tournament directors placed this team in the A bracket. There is an A and B and you sign up for what division you want.

You my friend are an a**. They had 4 teams sign up for the A bracket and you are complaining that one team is weak. That's the teams prerogative as to where to sign up their boys. Why are you complaining as if the tournament directors placed this team in the A bracket. There is an A and B and you sign up for what division you want.

As I agree that a team signs up for what they think they are BUT no one knows going into a tournament the competition. If the pool of play suggests you are not the level you think you are you should be able to move.

Now that said, I am quite sure the directors for both the Tourny and team are aware of this. If is it that the tourney needed a team for A great they stepped up or if the team wanted to challenge themselves and entered as an A even better.

Will they have the photographer going around taking pictures of the teams. One year that was the best thing my son got. I just didn't know ahead of time.
Any Results?????
Great tournament - although it would be a good idea to put a few balls at the end of the fields for games. Multiple times the kids had to run into playground or lost the ball in the surrounding bushes.
each coach got 3 balls checing in. thats 6 per game. where were those balls? In their bucket.
Any Results?????

Minutemen reign supreme!

Very "classy" move by 2020 Express B sneaking their A team face off kid onto their roster for the day...Totally lame and they still lost to True Blue.

Very "classy" move by 2020 Express B sneaking their A team face off kid onto their roster for the day...Totally lame and they still lost to True Blue.

The head coach of St. Anthony's acted like a complete idiot at the end of the game and got an unsportsmanlike. True Blue easily beat them in JDRF last week and he brought in some Terps players to beat them today. Way to show faith in your team tool bag.
Do the math knucklehead: 3 balls each team,
That's 1 ball for each team each game. That equals
2 balls per game. That's why there were none on the end lines
Who won 5th gradeA?
Sorry Einstien, did not realize they had a 40 minute life span. Total doucher!
Do the math knucklehead: 3 balls each team,
That's 1 ball for each team each game. That equals
2 balls per game. That's why there were none on the end lines

Guess you've never heard of re-using a ball?
You are a moron. It's still 3 balls for the entire tournament for each team.
My team played 5 games. Way to go Einstein......I mean moron
BIG WIN FOR BOTH 2019 EXPRESS TEAMS TODAY. THE LONG ISLAND TEAMS THAT IS…
What genius put Riptide in the JV "A"? Embarrassing.

Big win?? Its Forsberg, please get a grip!
Really? That Garden City team is really good. Keep in mind though, they are a town team. I wouldn't be bragging about winning a tournament with town teams in it!
Really? That Garden City team is really good. Keep in mind though, they are a town team. I wouldn't be bragging about winning a tournament with town teams in it!

Did the GC 2019 team make it to the final?

the same idot that put true blue B team in 8th grade A bracket

Did it dawn on you that perhaps the coach wanted his placed there? And as a point of reference...do not call people idiots from behind the curtain. C'mon out and let's see what your idiotic punim looks like smile
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Did it dawn on you that perhaps the coach wanted his placed there? And as a point of reference...do not call people idiots from behind the curtain. C'mon out and let's see what your idiotic punim looks like smile

Teams were put in Brackets that they Registered for,
I don't know if they did. Please understand I'm giving them much respect as a town team. Probably the best 2019 town team on the island; however, a top travel organization should not boast about winning a tournament with town teams in the bracket..

Teams were put in Brackets that they Registered for,

We ask true blue what bracket they registered for and they said the B bracket!!!!!

Who did Express beat in the 2019 A final?
I can't fix stupid. These guys could have given you a krugerrand at check in and you would find something to [lacrosse] about. Get a life you loser!
If you want to talk about tool bags and town teams. I would lime to bring up the Wantagh Tribe. Their bearded lady coach is a disgrace trying to fight another coach over which goal he wanted and continued to be an [lacrosse] throughout the game.....your a Joke
Do you have a list of teams that won?
what's an idot? It's not like a yute is it?
I don't know if they did. Please understand I'm giving them much respect as a town team. Probably the best 2019 town team on the island; however, a top travel organization should not boast about winning a tournament with town teams in the bracket..

I think it is a great tournament but to be considered the best you needed to be in Md this weekend. IMHO
each coach got 3 balls checing in. thats 6 per game. where were those balls? In their bucket.

What do you mean 6 per game? It's one per game, per team, and I didn't see one team, but mine, put any balls on the end lines. We went thru about a dozen, when most teams added 3 to their buckets! The officials should confirm that each team puts a few on their side of the field before every game next time.
Not sure where balls were being given out, since we did not get any, but we "donated" at least 6-8 since there were none provided by the tournament (and the refs made that clear during the game), no problem donating some balls to a great cause, just let us coaches know ahead of time so that so much time is not wasted chasing balls during a running time format. Only gripe. Otherwise very happy with officials, competition and opposing parents, great day of lacrosse.

Great job you beat some B teams today. Great job. Now you can move into a real tournament this year against the 2019 A teams.
Does anyone know how the 8th grade Wantagh player who was taking away in the ambulance is doing?
Express played team revolution for the championship. They beat them 5-3. Was their and saw the game. My sons team was playing next. Caught the game half way in and I think the express was loosing when I got their. Good game to watch

this entire site is set up to call people idiots from behind the curtain. that is why you go to laxpower for lacrosse conversation and you come here for entertainment.
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure where balls were being given out, since we did not get any, but we "donated" at least 6-8 since there were none provided by the tournament (and the refs made that clear during the game), no problem donating some balls to a great cause, just let us coaches know ahead of time so that so much time is not wasted chasing balls during a running time format. Only gripe. Otherwise very happy with officials, competition and opposing parents, great day of lacrosse.

All Coaches when they checked in(Which some probably did not)- Where given balls
The 2019 bracket A was Great Division All Tuff Teams, Express & Revolution making it threw to the Championship. Revolution was up 3-0 midway through, then Express came back and ended up winning 5-3. Great Game. Who is this Team Revoution ? Looks like we will see alot of them this summer.
I wouldn't consider the GC team and team revolution B teams. They may not be the best in the A bracket and they are A teams. They may not be in the top three but who cares. Just because you don't like express doesnt mean you have to go their. Anybody can be beat.
Oh really Dad! We will be seeing a lot of them? So what tournaments are u doing? Not the LILaxfest. Then we would see what your made of. But I'm sure your ducking the real tournaments. oh and how many different kids were playing this week on the team? Heard thats the teams reputation.
Did you know GC beat express last year. I guess they are not as bad as you may think. Team Revolution beat them I think 4-3. One of the best games I have seen in a while.

this entire site is set up to call people idiots from behind the curtain. that is why you go to laxpower for lacrosse conversation and you come here for entertainment.

Ix-nay on the axpower-Lay. wink We don't want to see the "My sons 3rd grade Team can beat yours " over there.
I can honestly say I saw Team Revolution play against the garden city team and they looked real good. Great game too watch. My buddy and I Wenatchee the game between games for our kids and I can tell that I was impressed with revolution. I didn't know that they are a first year team. Good job by the coaches and kids. That's what you like to see from an organization. Great job boys.
Your a tool Dad. So happened you watched team revolution and so impressed u had to come on here. Lol. And u didn't know they were first year team? Great job coaches! So obvious who u are
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure where balls were being given out, since we did not get any, but we "donated" at least 6-8 since there were none provided by the tournament (and the refs made that clear during the game), no problem donating some balls to a great cause, just let us coaches know ahead of time so that so much time is not wasted chasing balls during a running time format. Only gripe. Otherwise very happy with officials, competition and opposing parents, great day of lacrosse.

All Coaches when they checked in(Which some probably did not)- Where given balls

We got our 3 balls, and they were gone during the first game. I didn't see any of our opponents put balls on the end line...We love this tournament, and that's our only gripe too. I don't even mind donating a dozen balls throughout the day, but ALL teams should do the same.
Did you know GC beat express last year. I guess they are not as bad as you may think. Team Revolution beat them I think 4-3. One of the best games I have seen in a while.

That was the Express 2020 team last year. They beat the 2020 team yesterday 5-4. Scored a goal in the last minute to win.
What was the score of the first Express vs Revolution game ?
Anyone know records of the HS teams in JV A ? northport, Smithtown , West Islip ?
Your the real tool. I don't even have a kid in that age bracket. What I'm trying to say is that it was nice to see a good game from the older kids. Don't you like to see a team in its first year have a good day of lax. Dude grow up and get a real life. People you can't even say anything nice about a team even if you have no connection to it. Some people just get lost in the whole reason why we as parents are here to support our kids.
Your the TOOL for being such a HATER. why are you giving the revolution team so much grief. they don't pump their chests after a goal, they don't go around saying they are the best. They are a group of boys that are just enjoying playing lacrosse together.

Just to set the record straight, this team has a roster of only 20 boys, they carry a full time roster of less than 20 kids and have 3 boys which have played with most of the players for over 4 years and unfortunately cannot make all tournaments. Those boys are playing in at least 2 or 3 tourneys for the team this year.

Lets just be clear- express, dune dawgs, all greys, jesters, 91, legacy, crush, true blue and others all have boys who play on multiple teams. Why are you not bringing that point up.

THE 2019 Express B team beat G C last summer at St Pauls
What was the score of the first Express vs Revolution game ?

8 - 1 or 8 - 2 something like that. Revolution is a strong team and should continue to improve all summer.
I can honestly say I saw Team Revolution play against the garden city team and they looked real good. Great game too watch. My buddy and I Wenatchee the game between games for our kids and I can tell that I was impressed with revolution. I didn't know that they are a first year team. Good job by the coaches and kids. That's what you like to see from an organization. Great job boys.

Rev is the group of five or six daddies that bolted True Blue last year. They took their kids from Jesters to TB and now formed Rev. The team tried to add a players to their posse last fall, but everybody knows they also poach players from other teams for tourneys.
wow you really know a lot about revolution. yeah real bad to leave teams that continually raise their prices and don't offer more. What horrible parents to try and keep the team together and do it at a reasonable price.

poaching other players? that's great, how about keeping boys together that have played together for years.

What horrible parents they must be!

why are you bad mouthing the other teams that do the same thing and take kids or go to another program.

YOU REALLY HAVE IT OUT FOR THESE GUYS. I FEEL SORRY FOR A FATHER THAT HAS TO KEEP DWELLING ON NEGATIVE THINGS INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON HIS SONS LACROSSE.

Here are the facts and you can dispute them all you want..But this is it. They left the Jesters because that organization was going to raise the price from $600 to $1200 in one year and the coach nor the parents didn't like it and have every right to leave. SO they went to True Blue which had just one team at the time and was looking to expand to more teams and had the chance to get a good quality team. Once the head coach decided not to coach anymore which he has the right to do a majority of the parents decided it was best to find an org that will take on a very good team at a reasonable price to the parents. A good majority went to Revolution and some went to GC to play and some went to 91 and Express which is their right as well. Some of these kids play for other teams and join the Revolution teams for some tournaments. They enjoy playing with the friends they have had over the years and only play if it doesn't interfere with their other teams. anything said differently is a lie. I welcome any responses that would be different and would like to be enlightend. The games yesterday were good. All the teams have work to do. The GC team is not even the same team as last year..FYI
They should have split the ends halfway thru..One team was going uphill the whole game.
Must be a 91A team or Dune dog parent ..Otherwise not another top team out there
Did anyone here play the Hitmen team?
Ohh Really .The LAX FEST IS the end all and be all.The tournament is set up for 91 to win isn't it..Let me guess 91 only plays one game on Sunday before the playoffs and it's one of the early games. What else is new. They do the same thing to us every year. SO my guess is they will win again. It's always good to stack the cards. I would too if I was running the tournament. No Dune Dogs again so how good can the tournament be.
Wow - just checked the 4th grade bracket (2022). Smash and United both only have 1 game before the playoffs...
are you serious..They are doing it with the younger kids too. Only one game that day. How pathetic
I can't believe that a grown man or woman has time to sit down and bash this revolution team. Wow. I think I missed the part where kids can't play on two teams and they can't play with their friends. Who cares where they play as long as they have a good time. This tool is trying to stir things up. To revolution and the boys you continue to stay together for all the right reasons. Just goes to show parents that they may not win a tournament but that's not why they are their. How many more organizations and going to try to take money from parents and make it a money maker instead of just giving back to kids. It doesn't take much to get a kid on the best team.dude maybe you and others can learn from this revolution team and organization.
Ohh Really .The LAX FEST IS the end all and be all.The tournament is set up for 91 to win isn't it..Let me guess 91 only plays one game on Sunday before the playoffs and it's one of the early games. What else is new. They do the same thing to us every year. SO my guess is they will win again. It's always good to stack the cards. I would too if I was running the tournament. No Dune Dogs again so how good can the tournament be.

Hands down best tournament on LI. Teams from all over country. Dune Dogs participation is gage of tournament ? That's funny
LI Hitmen 2020 matched up against Millon, Checkmate & Barracuda's, then went to the semi's to face HDD and then to the championship to face Legacy Ravage. It was a big bracket for 2020-B. Congratulations to the Legacy Ravage team.
I can't believe that a grown man or woman has time to sit down and bash this revolution team. Wow. I think I missed the part where kids can't play on two teams and they can't play with their friends. Who cares where they play as long as they have a good time. This tool is trying to stir things up. To revolution and the boys you continue to stay together for all the right reasons. Just goes to show parents that they may not win a tournament but that's not why they are their. How many more organizations and going to try to take money from parents and make it a money maker instead of just giving back to kids. It doesn't take much to get a kid on the best team.dude maybe you and others can learn from this revolution team and organization.

I find this whole thing comical. What does it matter where your kid plays. It's not like the whole Express, Revolution , 91 or DD team are going to play at one college. Nor are they all going to be a Parnell. Let the kids play where they want.

I find this whole thing comical. What does it matter where your kid plays. It's not like the whole Express, Revolution , 91 or DD team are going to play at one college. Nor are they all going to be a Parnell. Let the kids play where they want.

Left out how many will be still playing when they get to High School
No, the joke is the top Outlaw 2018 team can't beat a good town team.
How much $ did you pay to be on that team?
The Outlaw coach was a raving maniac all day. Refs had problems with him all day. He obviously has a screw loose.

Left out how many will be still playing when they get to High School

Hands down best tournament on LI. Teams from all over country. Dune Dogs participation is gage of tournament ? That's funny

Well they are the best team I would say. WHo is flying in from Denver for this tournament?. That other guy had it right . It is always set up for 91 to win or at least make the final.Is it true that the 2019 team only plays one game on Sunday, if so what a joke, I know they have two teams so probably the lower one is playing twice on Sunday, Talk about second class citizens or step child .LOL
HDD (at least 2020) is nothing to write home about so you may want to dial it back a notch.
It doesn't sound like the Outlaws won any brackets in their own tournament. I guess the bracket winners won't be listed.
HDD (at least 2020) is nothing to write home about so you may want to dial it back a notch.

Is someone raving about HDD 2020, that needs to dial it back a notch? I don't think so....
It doesn't sound like the Outlaws won any brackets in their own tournament. I guess the bracket winners won't be listed.

never have been - And the JV a Winner was ?

never have been - And the JV a Winner was ?

No one has stated it, I guess by the answer it was the Outlaws. I would hope they would be beat the town teams that they played.
outlaws beat 2018 terps (8th grade team) in JV finals.
Wow - just checked the 4th grade bracket (2022). Smash and United both only have 1 game before the playoffs...

I guess the LaxFest organizers are trying to help Igloo too since they also have only one Sunday game before the playoffs. Brilliant deduction Sherlock.
It sounds as if these are most of the results:

3rd - ??
4th - Express
5th A - Express
5th B - True Blue
6th A - True Blue
6th B - Legacy
7th A - Express
7th B - Express
8th A - Wantagh
8th B - Checkmate
JV A - Outlaws
JV B - ??

I guess the LaxFest organizers are trying to help Igloo too since they also have only one Sunday game before the playoffs. Brilliant deduction Sherlock.

It's always 91 that only plays one game every year ..year after year after year. What a joke and farce it is, and I'm not even the Sherlock you are referring too. SOrry Mr. 91 parent
sounds like they started out at jester to true blue and a good core from that team went to a new organization. it seems that once an organization starts to have some success they raise the prices and then took away from the kids. I guess they are the true blue kids with the addition of some knew kids. not bad for a new team to beat GC and only lost 5-3 to express.
The 2019 bracket A was Great Division All Tuff Teams, Express & Revolution making it threw to the Championship. Revolution was up 3-0 midway through, then Express came back and ended up winning 5-3. Great Game. Who is this Team Revoution ? Looks like we will see alot of them this summer.

They are a good B team

Follow the thread you tool we are talking about 2019
Don't forget to mention Express beat them 10-1 the game before.
[quote=Anonymous]Don't forget to mention Express beat them 10-1 the game before. [/quot

I'm sure he forgot the goal they gave up at the end to the little guy who put his stick down and started to dance ...Must have been his first goal in a long time..refs were so bad in all the games, he saw him do it and didnt call a penalty..Just another chance to teach all our kids lessons that didn't happen..hopefully his parents said something to him
I would hope the express won ..weren't they suppose to win..if they played laxfest after a loss in this tournament they might as well go home because the big boys would eat them up like last year....I was surprised GC didn't get in ....Can't wait for laxfest ..wake up express you are getting weaker and weaker and weaker..Lol
It's tough to compete when man down for a quarter of the game, sometimes things just don't go right.

The comment was in response to a prior post implying that a tournament is not real unless a team from HDD attends. I dont't agree with that statement. Judging from the eloquence of your response you must be an HDD parent.
And who's fault is that ? I guess the refs cheated ? Right.
[quote=Anonymous]Don't forget to mention Express beat them 10-1 the game before. [/quot

I'm sure he forgot the goal they gave up at the end to the little guy who put his stick down and started to dance ...Must have been his first goal in a long time..refs were so bad in all the games, he saw him do it and didnt call a penalty..Just another chance to teach all our kids lessons that didn't happen..hopefully his parents said something to him

He learned it on TV from professional, millionaire athletes. Parents are probably tool bags as well….

The comment was in response to a prior post implying that a tournament is not real unless a team from HDD attends. I dont't agree with that statement. Judging from the eloquence of your response you must be an HDD parent.

No, they were talking about 2019 HDD, not any HDD team, but I see you took the chance to take a cheap shot at the 2020 team anyway

No, they were talking about 2019 HDD, not any HDD team, but I see you took the chance to take a cheap shot at the 2020 team anyway

Not exactly...but nice try.
Maybe its me but sure looked like there were a few 2018 Jesters Black players on the field in the 8th grade B bracket games
Maybe its me but sure looked like there were a few 2018 Jesters Black players on the field in the 8th grade B bracket games

Not a one. A few were on A team last year.
You're right it is just you. No Jesters Black players have played on Green team from September through the present.
I'm new to the area and fortunate that my son made a travel team. I knew to BOC so go easy on me. I noticed there are comments about kids playing for different travel teams. To me that doesn't seem to matter much as long as the parents have it like that. Just seems to me that the kid is getting more experience in lax. The one thing that I'm confused about is teams having kids that come from other states to play in teams. Could anyone share some light on that subject. I was always told that Long Island has the best overall players and coaches. Glad to be on board. Thanks
As far as kids coming from other states to play for LI teams, I think there are a lot of former Long Islanders that want their children exposed to the best lax opportunities. They are willing to make the commitment to come to LI for practices and tournaments because their area does not offer the same quality of play, coaches, etc.
Maybe the kids from other places want to play with the best competition. The more likely cause is that the programs want to win and will go to any length to do so. Like when 91 Orange first used the stud from down south. He never practiced with the team but was able to play. If I were a parent I would've been pissed for 2 reasons, one was that the program had plenty of kids on the roster so what they were saying was that they did not have enough faith in their own players to WIN. Yes, they'd rather win than instead of letting the other 24 players on the roster get the experience they needed. It would make sense if they had a very small roster but it was just the opposite, they have a large roster in order to make as much money as possible. Why parents put up with this stuff is crazy.
I could see kids playing with the better competition which would make them better players by playing with the kids from Long Island cause I've seen my sons play get much better. I just think we should be giving kids that are on the bubble a chance to better their skills that live hear on Long Island. Is this common for Long Island or is it just a select few teams that have kids from out of state. Also I would like to say to these kids from Long Island thanks for taking my son in. Talent is really the best I've ever seen.
Would they get better by playing with the best or against the best competition?
Would they get better by playing with the best or against the best competition?

Great point. I think playing with better players gets you better. Playing against the best competition is what you always want to do to be the best you can.

I suspect though you are under the impression that some players on the best teams are not the best players. Those players may or not get better. It all depends on how practices are run and if they truly see quality field time in tournaments.

Many times we all get wrapped up on the team rather than what's best for the player.
Looks like the teams that have out of state kids are only in it to try to win instead of trying to develop kids that are athletes. It's like trying to buy a championship as oppose to going out and start at the bottom and bring those kids to the top. How great can an organization really be if they have the best players around. I would think as a coach you would be more proud of your team if you taught them and watched them grow. Who wants to be on a team that only has the best kids. That wouldn't be fair to other kids that get left out. Is it really that important to win these tournaments or to teach these kids? What do they get if they win a tournament ?
Looks like the teams that have out of state kids are only in it to try to win instead of trying to develop kids that are athletes. It's like trying to buy a championship as oppose to going out and start at the bottom and bring those kids to the top. How great can an organization really be if they have the best players around. I would think as a coach you would be more proud of your team if you taught them and watched them grow. Who wants to be on a team that only has the best kids. That wouldn't be fair to other kids that get left out. Is it really that important to win these tournaments or to teach these kids? What do they get if they win a tournament ?

They get a tee shirt. Take the best 20 kids, end of story. Does not matter where they live. And the parents are more worried about winning then kids!
They get to say they play on the best team. Wow. The big question is can your son make a difference on a team that doesn't have the best players? That's a true lax player. How do you judge your kids talent , and what he can really do.
A tee-shirt...
travel lacrosse for the most part is a loose conglomerate of some businesses and some altruistic organizations, there are no rules, no set rosters and a variety of different goals. The tournaments do not check rosters and there is no eligibility criteria it is just a bunch of organized and expensive play dates. Kids are having fun, uniforms are nice and you get to spend some great quality time with your kids. But, if you are looking for logic and answers you are not going to find them, there is no logic to it. so play with whom you think your kid would benefit the most, play on as many teams your kid is comfortable with and hope that they enjoy the ride.

If a friend of mine has a team my kids age and is in another state, he gives me a call and says does Johnny want to fly out here for a weekend and play with Billy, we can make a great weekend of it, is his team bringing in a ringer? or is it just an opportunity for some 12 year old to have some fun with an old friend and some new friends?

I think everybody is over thinking this and worrying too much about who won this tournament and who's team is better and we all need to concentrate on what's important - The kids having fun. (except SWR)
travel lacrosse for the most part is a loose conglomerate of some businesses and some altruistic organizations, there are no rules, no set rosters and a variety of different goals. The tournaments do not check rosters and there is no eligibility criteria it is just a bunch of organized and expensive play dates. Kids are having fun, uniforms are nice and you get to spend some great quality time with your kids. But, if you are looking for logic and answers you are not going to find them, there is no logic to it. so play with whom you think your kid would benefit the most, play on as many teams your kid is comfortable with and hope that they enjoy the ride.

If a friend of mine has a team my kids age and is in another state, he gives me a call and says does Johnny want to fly out here for a weekend and play with Billy, we can make a great weekend of it, is his team bringing in a ringer? or is it just an opportunity for some 12 year old to have some fun with an old friend and some new friends?

I think everybody is over thinking this and worrying too much about who won this tournament and who's team is better and we all need to concentrate on what's important - The kids having fun. (except SWR)

This all sounds good unless the team has more then 20 kids. Then someone is losing playing time because a friend comes in for the weekend to play and make it a vacation. Sounds like an excuse for something that happened already.. If it did, shame on the coaches and for the parents not saying anything to not let it happen.

This all sounds good unless the team has more then 20 kids. Then someone is losing playing time because a friend comes in for the weekend to play and make it a vacation. Sounds like an excuse for something that happened already.. If it did, shame on the coaches and for the parents not saying anything to not let it happen.

didn't happen, it was a hypothetical but more to my point of everybody relax and if it doesn't bother the kids and they are having fun then it shouldn't bother us so much

didn't happen, it was a hypothetical but more to my point of everybody relax and if it doesn't bother the kids and they are having fun then it shouldn't bother us so much

It's always going to bother someone because they will lose playing time.
It happens also within the same organization. Witness Express bringing A players in to help their B team win the Forsberg tournament. I think when you boil all this down it is about being a top player on whatever team you are on. Because when you are not you get stepped on. Ego drives some to have their kid be the last player on a fancy A team when maybe he could be a powerhouse on some other team. This is all very expensive and I cannot imagine (and hope never to have to) flying out of state, getting a hotel for the weekend and then watching my kid not go on the field while other kids, not part of the regular team, play in his place.
It happens also within the same organization. Witness Express bringing A players in to help their B team win the Forsberg tournament. I think when you boil all this down it is about being a top player on whatever team you are on. Because when you are not you get stepped on. Ego drives some to have their kid be the last player on a fancy A team when maybe he could be a powerhouse on some other team. This is all very expensive and I cannot imagine (and hope never to have to) flying out of state, getting a hotel for the weekend and then watching my kid not go on the field while other kids, not part of the regular team, play in his place.

When did that happen?..Not at the Forsberg tournament did it?

Yes, Express 2020 did it but still lost the final.

That's just wrong. Was the A playing in the same tournament as well?

Not 2019

It's a Shame that all of the BS takes away from why this Tournament was started. It is not about tee shirts not about winning. But about remembering a Good Man, maybe that is what Parents should walk away with

Most would agree with you my friend. Too bad it's become such a BIG BUSINESS.

It's a Shame that all of the BS takes away from why this Tournament was started. It is not about tee shirts not about winning. But about remembering a Good Man, maybe that is what Parents should walk away with
Remember these directors are mostly HS coaches and the like and have now discovered a whole new business that generates hundreds of thousand of dollars each year for them with all of this. We now have self proclaimed CEOs of travel programs for crying out loud! See fl$. Too often it is just about winning because that makes your program a big deal and that lets you charge more. There is no other explanation for what Express 2020 pulled at Forsberg. It is despicable.

Agreed, it a shame one of the organizers own coaches didn't subscribe to this
So through all of this we come to terms with the fact that teams are still going to take the best kids they can in order to be the best team in their age bracket. When you hear parents say that I have to go to this team because they have ties to this high school or that high school gets me sick. These organization control our boys and girls future. This is what we as parents allow to happen to our kids. We loose that fact that our kids need to get as much coaching from as many people that they can in order for them to learn all different aspects of the game. Then they go onto high school and college to continue playing a game that they love. Let's just enjoy watching the kids play and not be so concerned about what team did this and what team did that. You guys that are on the best teams don't have to beat your chest and think that you are all that because their are many kids from many different teams that could be on a team like that and think they are all that. Let's teach our kids about sportsman ship and fair play. I tell all to tell their kids to play hard, be careful and most of all have fun. Let's not let these organizations run our lives and take our money and let's remember what we are hear for. Ask yourself is it really worth it. Good luck to all the boys and girls out their. Have slot of fun and make new friends because these years go by fast so make the best of them. Stay healthy.

Not 2019

2019 nyc express had at least 1 ringer.

Big business? What these guys have done is incredible. Made a college fund for 3 kids, and any excess money has gone to numerous other charities. All the workers there are volunteer. It is not a big business, and it's pretty ignorant for you to say otherwise because you obviously don't know what goes on.

Big business? What these guys have done is incredible. Made a college fund for 3 kids, and any excess money has gone to numerous other charities. All the workers there are volunteer. It is not a big business, and it's pretty ignorant for you to say otherwise because you obviously don't know what goes on.

Read between the lines. Wasn't referring to the tournament, which is for a wonderful cause. Youth lacrosse in general, especially with some individual organizations HAS become a big business.
For any of you to keep handing over checks to a club that doesn't have set rosters is beyond comprehension . They are playing you ! It's not a team if you need free agents from a higher team to compete.
It's a business.

Stop confusing charity with business
© US Lacrosse Community Forum