@BackOfTheCAGE
fl$ Lacrosse launches Committed Team

Long Island, NY, November 22nd, 2013 – fl$ Lacrosse, Inc. announced today the launch of its newest team, the fl$ Committed Team. This team is made up of High School players who have verbally committed to play collegiate lacrosse.

Inspiration behind the fl$ Committed Team

As college lacrosse grows in popularity so does the level of competition; as a result, coaches from top-level programs are seeking commitments from young high school-athletes. Early recruitment of high school students poses new risks to the game. Sometimes, players who commit too early become complacent and no longer feel the need for further skill development. It is important for young players, who have already agreed to play college lacrosse, to stay sharp and keep their competitive edge.

In striving to solve this problem, the fl$ Committed Team is designed to teach players the true meaning of commitment to both themselves and their future coaches; the very people who handselected specific players with the expectation that they continue to improve their game throughout the duration of their high school years. fl$ Committed Team players are challenged to advance their abilities at every practice and tournament and, as a result, are able to maintain their skills at the highest level - just one of the many benefits of becoming a member. The overall goal is to ensure success in our athletes as they embark on this new and exciting time of playing at the collegiate level.

fl$ Committed Team and Player Eligibility

The fl$ Committed Team allows players who have committed to a collegiate lacrosse program to maintain their skills and keep focused in the years leading up to their freshman year in college. All past, present and non-fl$ high school players, who are committed to a college program, are eligible to play. Invitations to join the fl$ Committed Team are sent out from November through January.

fl$ Committed Team Coaches

Mike Hungerford
Assistant Lacrosse Coach at Cold Spring Harbor High School
fl$ Select 2015 Coach
Ithaca College Graduate, Class of 1990
Farmingdale High School Graduate, Class of 1986

John Nessler
Assistant Lacrosse Coach at MacArthur High School
fl$ Select 2015 Coach
SUNY Cortland Graduate, Class of 1999
MacArthur High School Graduate, Class of 1994

Robert Coscia
C.W. Post Graduate, Class of 2002
Bethpage High School Graduate, Class of 1996

fl$ Committed Team Tournaments

The fl$ Committed Team competes in fl$ training events, elite Long Island tournaments as well as one travel tournament at the end of the summer.

Box Lacrosse Training
fl$ Mini Camp
All Summer Tournaments

Gear Up for fl$ Committed Team

The fl$ Committed Team is provided with the best lacrosse gear on the market. Players will receive Under Armour soft goods. The exact items include:

UA Sublimated Reversible
UA Recruit Shorts
UA Tech Tee
UA Shooting Shirt
Custom fl$ Helmet with fl$ Decals
Custom fl$ Gloves

About fl$ Lacrosse

Based out of Long Island, fl$ Lacrosse, is a nationally recognized company providing elite training, events, and select teams. fl$ is committed to building well rounded, student athletes who excel on and off the field. fl$ also provides a platform for hundreds of select players in their program; assisting them in being recruited to some of the most highly competitive academic and athletic Institutions in America. On a national level, fl$ Lacrosse has joined forces with 3d Lacrosse to present fl$ in 3D; Fall and Summer recruiting showcases that feature the best lacrosse
prospects in North America. fl$ has impacted thousands of competitive lacrosse players from all over the country. For more information on fl$ Lacrosse, please visit [lacrosse].

Building More Than Just Athletes

Committed Team Contacts
Mike Winkoff
CEO, fl$ Lacrosse
516-750-6500
mwinkoff@pmninc.com
I don't get it. If I am a high school Junior who has played for Express, or some other program and I have committed to a college early, why would I join this team instead of staying with the Express. If I've been recruited as a soph or jr, odds are I'm happy with the program that got me there
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't get it. If I am a high school Junior who has played for Express, or some other program and I have committed to a college early, why would I join this team instead of staying with the Express. If I've been recruited as a soph or jr, odds are I'm happy with the program that got me there
Fine. So you might not be a target player for this team. Occasionally, you will see upper-High School aged teams with many committed players start to unwind, particularly during the Senior season. Some players may be seeking an option to play for a half season or more and this program presents one option to the market.
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fine. So you might not be a target player for this team. Occasionally, you will see upper-High School aged teams with many committed players start to unwind, particularly during the Senior season. Some players may be seeking an option to play for a half season or more and this program presents one option to the market.

This also opens up opportunities on the team for new uncommitted kids to get into the program. College coaches don't want to see committed kids playing. Express does committed teams too. I would think the current 2015 fl$ team will be broken up now with half those kids playing for the committted team and the remainder uncommitted kids playing with new kids who are also uncommitted and taking the spots of the committed 2015s who are now with the new team. Makes sense.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum