@BackOfTheCAGE
Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League at LI Sports Hub
Six weeks for $2050..... Geez I thought you guys give at least eight games......
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Six weeks for $2050..... Geez I thought you guys give at least eight games......

Yeah it's expensive - but you are a Rockstar!
I have to agree, that is a very expensive for a winter league. Most winter teams are light on rosters, so to ask for out of pocket for 6 games is a lot. The expenses just keep piling up...
I have to agree, that is a very expensive for a winter league. Most winter teams are light on rosters, so to ask for out of pocket for 6 games is a lot. The expenses just keep piling up...

They'll keep charging if people keep paying

Have you seen the HUB? The overheads must be HUUUUUUUGE

Have you seen the HUB? The overheads must be HUUUUUUUGE

Does anyone know what Girls travel teams have comitted to playing in the winter league there at this point?
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.
Originally Posted by CageSage
Reminder : Registration for the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League is on-going at the Long Island Sports Hub and their web site.

Can anyone tell us what girls teams have committed to playing in this league?

While BOTC does not have a listing for this event (almost two months of sign-up time remains), you can contact the Sports Hub directly (at the number on the flyer) to get your details.

From the lack of response from anyone I am guessing very few. Wonder what people don't like about the place or the league.
For those interested in the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League, there will be two sessions this winter with starting dates om the weekends of December 7th and January 18th. The Boys Divisions are offering single grade leagues starting with second grade while the Girls Divisions will be two year pairings.

Important to note that when you sign up for this event, the Long Island Sports Hub is only one of two possible facilities where your games will be held with the other listed as the Sports Arena in St. James. Families and teams with travel concerns should be aware of this in their planning.

SESSION 1 – DEC 7TH – JAN 12TH
1.December 7th & 8th
2.December 14th & 15th
3.December 21st & 22nd
4.December 28th & 29th
5.January 4th & 5th
6.January 11th & 12th

SESSION 2 – JAN 18TH – MAR 2ND
1.January 18th & 19th
2.January 25th & 26th
3.February 1st & 2nd
4.February 8th & 9th
5.February 22nd & 23rd
6.March 1st & 2nd

BOYS DIVISIONS
•2nd Grade
•3rd Grade
•4th Grade
•5th Grade
•6th Grade
•7th Grade
•8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

GIRLS DIVISIONS
•3rd/4th Grade
•5th/6th Grade
•7th/8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

Important to note that when you sign up for this event, the Long Island Sports Hub is only one of two possible facilities where your games will be held with the other listed as the Sports Arena in St. James. Families and teams with travel concerns should be aware of this in their planning.

Are the JV and Varsity divisions going to play exclusively at the Hub? I don't think the field in the Sports Arena is full length like the Hub's.
Why don't you call the league and find out...

From the lack of response from anyone I am guessing very few. Wonder what people don't like about the place or the league.
For those interested in the Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League, there will be two sessions this winter with starting dates om the weekends of December 7th and January 18th. The Boys Divisions are offering single grade leagues starting with second grade while the Girls Divisions will be two year pairings.

SESSION 1 – DEC 7TH – JAN 12TH
1.December 7th & 8th
2.December 14th & 15th
3.December 21st & 22nd
4.December 28th & 29th
5.January 4th & 5th
6.January 11th & 12th

SESSION 2 – JAN 18TH – MAR 2ND
1.January 18th & 19th
2.January 25th & 26th
3.February 1st & 2nd
4.February 8th & 9th
5.February 22nd & 23rd
6.March 1st & 2nd

BOYS DIVISIONS
•2nd Grade
•3rd Grade
•4th Grade
•5th Grade
•6th Grade
•7th Grade
•8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

GIRLS DIVISIONS
•3rd/4th Grade
•5th/6th Grade
•7th/8th Grade
•Junior Varsity
•Varsity

I have a 2nd grader looking for a team if anyone is looking

Are the JV and Varsity divisions going to play exclusively at the Hub? I don't think the field in the Sports Arena is full length like the Hub's.

This is supposed to start in a few weeks - does anyone know what girls teams are registered to play? Some teams I would think would be there told me they are not playing. Any info on this?
Last Call : Winter League Session #1 Begins on the Weekend of December 7th/8th.
Is BOTC going to be providing a list of teams by age that are playing in session 1 of this league?
Is BOTC going to be providing a list of teams by age that are playing in session 1 of this league?

That would be nice - although it has been asked before with no response.

That would be nice - although it has been asked before with no response.

They will be listed when the schedule comes out in the sports hub website
91 Website has the info under winter league
Anything on this league? Heard the first 2 weeks schedule are out would like to see a team listing.
Most 91 team are NOT doing it

Anything on this league? Heard the first 2 weeks schedule are out would like to see a team listing.
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Weeks 1 and 2

[Linked Image]
http://boys.team91lacrosse.com/site...star_Lacrosse_2_Week_Master_Schedule.pdf

First 2 weeks and teams.
Decent showing of teams. Seems like it will be worth it.
I have a 7th grader looking to play.
2019 grad year long Pole. A player!
Does anyone have a clue why Legacy pulled all their teams out he night before the league started ?
Does anyone have a clue why Legacy pulled all their teams out he night before the league started ?

Probably realized that money spent on practice is better
It seems the 2 week schedule has changed. Does anyone have the most current schedule for week 2?
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Revised Team Index

[Linked Image]
This is a revised Team Listing, but the schedule listed previously has changed as well.
This is a revised Team Listing, but the schedule listed previously has changed as well.
We agree - even Week #1 changed in the 48 hours after our posting. Once we see something regarding Week #2, we will post the details.

Someday, someone is going to have to explain to BOTC how schedules - even teams - participating in a LEAGUE can change in the two days before the opening games. Either this is a LEAGUE - which implies STANDINGS - or it is a loosely coupled set of scrimmages. If it is the latter, BOTC sure would have liked to have known.

[Linked Image]

I'm glad our 6th grade team isn't doing this league. Much better off practicing/training than being in a 4 team division. I guess they will be playing the better 5th grade teams also.

[Linked Image]

I'm glad our 6th grade team isn't doing this league. Much better off practicing/training than being in a 4 team division. I guess they will be playing the better 5th grade teams also.

Our 6th grade team is doing session 2. There will probably be more 2020 teams for that session. with the combination of grades playing in session 1 it seems like a waste to pay 2K per team to scrimmage with refs.
we are all glad your 6th grade team is not participating either, because you sound annoying.
The rockstar leagues are terribly run. The schedule always changes and there are no standings which is what a league is all about. My son played in the winter league at the hub last year and it wasn't a rockstar league and it ran much better and had standings on the website.
Week 2 schedule was released last week and now is nowhere to be found. I assume there will be changes this week to week 2 as well.
They need to get their act together.
maybe we should get on rockstar to do these things. We are the paying customer.... If not, I say do not register for the 2nd session....

What say you Rockstar? Can you get it together?

The rockstar leagues are terribly run. The schedule always changes and there are no standings which is what a league is all about. My son played in the winter league at the hub last year and it wasn't a rockstar league and it ran much better and had standings on the website.
go to sportshub home page and scroll down. it is there.
we are all glad your 6th grade team is not participating either, because you sound annoying.

So do you. Who is we? You speak for everyone?
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Week 2 Schedule

[Linked Image]
maybe we should get on rockstar to do these things. We are the paying customer.... If not, I say do not register for the 2nd session....

It's winter lacrosse! Schedules change so they accommodate requests from coaches and they match up teams by ability as season goes on. It's what a winter league should be. Competitive games and flexibility so kids can play winter sports as well.

They are very accommodating in league and tournaments and always try and pair like teams up. Obviously, they can't make everyone happy!!

It's winter lacrosse! Schedules change so they accommodate requests from coaches and they match up teams by ability as season goes on. It's what a winter league should be. Competitive games and flexibility so kids can play winter sports as well.

They are very accommodating in league and tournaments and always try and pair like teams up. Obviously, they can't make everyone happy!!

I disagree! This is one of the most expensive lacrosse leagues for 6 games in the country. It isn't to much to ask to have a schedule for the season and standings on the website.
Guys its indoor lacrosse just treat it as scrimmages who cares about the standings !!!

I disagree! This is one of the most expensive lacrosse leagues for 6 games in the country. It isn't to much to ask to have a schedule for the season and standings on the website.
Guys its indoor lacrosse just treat it as scrimmages who cares about the standings !!!

Yea it's indoors but for JV it's a full length field 10 v 10 with 2 refs for a large amount of money. It is called a league not a set of scrimmages.

Yea it's indoors but for JV it's a full length field 10 v 10 with 2 refs for a large amount of money. It is called a league not a set of scrimmages.

Correct run it like a league or don't price it so high. Is it a lot to ask to have the standings and maybe a 1 vs 2 playoff for each division. Make it fun for the boys or it's just a practice for 20-24 kids. And some of those kids only see the field for 5 minutes. Why? because the coaches are not treating like a scrimmage and they want to win. How about it Rockstar? Start treating it like a Rockstar.
Correct run it like a league or don't price it so high. Is it a lot to ask to have the standings and maybe a 1 vs 2 playoff for each division. Make it fun for the boys or it's just a practice for 20-24 kids. And some of those kids only see the field for 5 minutes. Why? because the coaches are not treating like a scrimmage and they want to win. How about it Rockstar? Start treating it like a Rockstar.
BOTC spoke with the league director, Sean Chamberlain, yesterday afternoon.

We explained that Rockstar has the chance to provide a premium experience at the Sports Hub by publishing a full league schedule now along with weekly standings. Sean agreed with us and plans on sending us the full six week Session I schedules this week. The event is going to be treated like a league with standings being published - when we have that information we will share it with the community.

There are 70+ teams in Session I right now. The Rockstar League is at capacity (104 teams) for Session II. Anyone interested in the second season that starts in January will be placed on a waiting list and allocated a spot if a cancellation takes place.

Note that the league has tried to do scheduling weekly to accommodate requests however this has become an impossible situation with too many special requests and last minute changes. Expect that the schedule will be published and teams will be expected to make their commitments to the league.
BOTC spoke with the league director, Sean Chamberlain, yesterday afternoon.

We explained that Rockstar has the chance to provide a premium experience at the Sports Hub by publishing a full league schedule now along with weekly standings. Sean agreed with us and plans on sending us the full six week Session I schedules this week. The event is going to be treated like a league with standings being published - when we have that information we will share it with the community.

There are 70+ teams in Session I right now. The Rockstar League is at capacity (104 teams) for Session II. Anyone interested in the second season that starts in January will be placed on a waiting list and allocated a spot if a cancellation takes place.

Note that the league has tried to do scheduling weekly to accommodate requests however this has become an impossible situation with too many special requests and last minute changes. Expect that the schedule will be published and teams will be expected to make their commitments to the league.

Fantastic! Thank you.
hi. Can anyone explain why a full schedule can't be posted in advance - why is it week to week and just days before the game that we find out there is a game? confused Thanks!
hi. Can anyone explain why a full schedule can't be posted in advance - why is it week to week and just days before the game that we find out there is a game? confused Thanks!
Many coaches will pull their team if short on players or request a specific scheduling slot during the week of a specific game. This has created last minute changes on a constant basis.

Given the size of this year's league in Session I and the exploding attendance at Session II, this practice is going to be contained. BOTC expects to get a full schedule for the remainder of Session I in a few days.
same with Oyster Bay League in the spring. Accept it friends.
BOTC has never understood the weekly rebalancing of match-ups based on team performances. Since all of these rebalancing leagues are not keeping records, standings, and results, exactly what is being rebalanced? Or are standings being kept and not shared?

Our view is that for the money being spent - your money - a stronger set of organizational skills can and should be demonstrated. Youth Lacrosse does itself a disservice by NOT having any resources devoted to recording team results. Armed with that information, it would be much easier to slot teams in tournaments and leagues with competitive results on a more consistent basis.

Should BOTC become the bookkeeper for team results which can be consulted to slot teams? Is this a function that the community would use?

This annual rebalancing of the competition gets old as an excuse. Our belief is that too many of these leagues are loose around the edges since they actually do not know which teams are willing to play week to week.

Notice that you do not have these problems with the NPYLL (National Premier Youth Lacrosse League), NPYGLL (National Premier Girls Youth Lacrosse League), and many others. You get a schedule and play to that plan - period.
BOTC has never understood the weekly rebalancing of match-ups based on team performances. Since all of these rebalancing leagues are not keeping records, standings, and results, exactly what is being rebalanced? Or are standings being kept and not shared?

Our view is that for the money being spent - your money - a stronger set of organizational skills can and should be demonstrated. Youth Lacrosse does itself a disservice by NOT having any resources devoted to recording team results. Armed with that information, it would be much easier to slot teams in tournaments and leagues with competitive results on a more consistent basis.

Should BOTC become the bookkeeper for team results which can be consulted to slot teams? Is this a function that the community would use?

This annual rebalancing of the competition gets old as an excuse. Our belief is that too many of these leagues are loose around the edges since they actually do not know which teams are willing to play week to week.

Notice that you do not have these problems with the NPYLL (National Premier Youth Lacrosse League), NPYGLL (National Premier Girls Youth Lacrosse League), and many others. You get a schedule and play to that plan - period.

As it should be. On Thursday of last week we had two games scheduled and by the weekend no games. Because of stuff like kids missing because of birthday parties. Got news for you - you keep records and make it more than a glorified scrimmage and say no show equals forfeit - teams will show. I get conflicts but there is only 8 needed on the field - so if you carry 24 and 10 can't make it you are still good. But you're right Cage - this is a revenue stream for the owners (which is fine) but it could be a premiere league. Please Rockstar - a little effort and it will become the place to play in the winter.

As it should be. On Thursday of last week we had two games scheduled and by the weekend no games. Because of stuff like kids missing because of birthday parties. Got news for you - you keep records and make it more than a glorified scrimmage and say no show equals forfeit - teams will show. I get conflicts but there is only 8 needed on the field - so if you carry 24 and 10 can't make it you are still good. But you're right Cage - this is a revenue stream for the owners (which is fine) but it could be a premiere league. Please Rockstar - a little effort and it will become the place to play in the winter.

They had a score keeper , time keeper, two certified refs and balls on end line. That's more effort than I see in spring league or some tournaments in the summer. Any coaches complaining or just parents who need standings for winter lacrosse? I'm thinking just parents. Coaches would rather have players available and play competitive games.

They had a score keeper , time keeper, two certified refs and balls on end line. That's more effort than I see in spring league or some tournaments in the summer. Any coaches complaining or just parents who need standings for winter lacrosse? I'm thinking just parents. Coaches would rather have players available and play competitive games.

There were no end lines, you played it off the balls so this no balls on the end line. One ref. one score keeper who wouldn't keep time for penalties.

There were no end lines, you played it off the balls so this no balls on the end line. One ref. one score keeper who wouldn't keep time for penalties.

don't call it a league. call it a scrimmage for 2k a team? and the parents don't need it - the kids do. let them know they are in first place and won the division. somebody even suggested a playoff, why not? it is fun to watch, it elevates the game play and the kids would love it. only difference is the kids would forget about it an hour later and we'll spend days beating it to death re a bad call some ref made that gave team xxxx a man up winning goal. some coach acts like a jerk, etc, etc. it is not a bad idea and something that can done with little effort.

HS game had end lines, balls, two refs, and scorekeeper and clock person who kept penalties. Didnt play off walls???
Real Lacrosse is Outdoors and anything less is a scrimmage !!!
This ain't Racketball chief !

HS game had end lines, balls, two refs, and scorekeeper and clock person who kept penalties. Didnt play off walls???

don't call it a league. call it a scrimmage for 2k a team? and the parents don't need it - the kids do. let them know they are in first place and won the division. somebody even suggested a playoff, why not? it is fun to watch, it elevates the game play and the kids would love it. only difference is the kids would forget about it an hour later and we'll spend days beating it to death re a bad call some ref made that gave team xxxx a man up winning goal. some coach acts like a jerk, etc, etc. it is not a bad idea and something that can done with little effort.

What's the deal? Are you looking for a trophy or a medal? Maybe a tee shirt? It's winter lacrosse. School and summer are what matters. Everything is practice and trainjng.
You are missing the point. It is a high cost "league" so run it that way. Or to your point, just get 4 or 5 teams together to chip in and rent space and play organized scrimmages. Which is probably better for and play time, cost and development. Seriously why can't 4 to 5 coaches get together and do that. Give me a day and I'll get the space, tell you cost per head, and give you a schedule from now to March. It will be a lot less money, more playing time and probably a better use of time.
It is SOOOOO frustrating that ROCKSTAR can not put out a schedule that only has "6 GAMES" BEFORE the league starts!!!! We all are busy and need to manage a schedule. WHY CAN' ROCKSTAR??? The "Rockstar Office" said it would be posted yesterday afternoon....I see nothing. Also sent emails a couple of weeks ago,,, NO RESPONSE....This is a disgrace...is you want teams to play and pay this enormous amount for 6 games...then PUT OUT A SCHEDULE!!!!!!

Important Note : Week 2 schedules have again been radically changed. Please consult the main page of the Long Island Sports Hub web site for last minute updates and corrections.
You are missing the point. It is a high cost "league" so run it that way. Or to your point, just get 4 or 5 teams together to chip in and rent space and play organized scrimmages. Which is probably better for and play time, cost and development. Seriously why can't 4 to 5 coaches get together and do that. Give me a day and I'll get the space, tell you cost per head, and give you a schedule from now to March. It will be a lot less money, more playing time and probably a better use of time.

I got point. Your missing it. High priced league?? 2k for 6 games. Field costs 400 an hour for half and 800 for full. Go rent yourself, get refs and see how it works out!

I got point. Your missing it. High priced league?? 2k for 6 games. Field costs 400 an hour for half and 800 for full. Go rent yourself, get refs and see how it works out!

Yes it is high priced! Find other winter leagues where you pay this much or more for 6 games. This is one of the highest priced if not the highest.

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Team Index

Please note : Team 905 (Woodsticks) will now be playing as Team 713 moving from the Boys JV Bracket to the Boys 7th/8th Grade Bracket.

[Linked Image]

Yes it is high priced! Find other winter leagues where you pay this much or more for 6 games. This is one of the highest priced if not the highest.

So you have 2 choices complain or don't play!

I see which way you are leaning.....

Please note : Team 905 (Woodsticks) will now be playing as Team 713 moving from the Boys JV Bracket to the Boys 7th/8th Grade Bracket.

[Linked Image]

Cage team 905 still has a game scheduled for 6:00 tomorrow?
Our best guess is that the team will still play this match. Best to check with your coach if there are any questions.
Our best guess is that the team will still play this match. Best to check with your coach if there are any questions.
BOTC has escalated this issue to the Rockstar Lacrosse offices (631-423-4010) and they are checking into the details.
Hey I have an idea.
Being you knew it was 6 games and signed up anyway so you can validate your whining.
Don't play. ask coach for refund !

Hey I have an idea.
Being you knew it was 6 games and signed up anyway so you can validate your whining.

People just want a decent product. The coaches sign us up and we want the kids to get the run time, but as a consumer - the product could be a lot better. If some posters don't think so - that's fine, - others feel it could be improved. And I think (for most) it is not about spending the money - we all are in it and know the associated costs. I understand there is field rental, refs, ins, etc. But they got 70+ teams at 2k a team. What is so hard to organize? The field times are already blocked off... Right... They would have to be. But hey, this topic has been beat up enough, time to move on or sign up for session 2:)
Hey I have an idea.

People just want a decent product. The coaches sign us up and we want the kids to get the run time, but as a consumer - the product could be a lot better. If some posters don't think so - that's fine, - others feel it could be improved. And I think (for most) it is not about spending the money - we all are in it and know the associated costs. I understand there is field rental, refs, ins, etc. But they got 70+ teams at 2k a team. What is so hard to organize? The field times are already blocked off... Right... They would have to be. But hey, this topic has been beat up enough, time to move on or sign up for session 2:)

Saw two igloo 4th grade teams today both looked good. I thought they only had one team. The second one beat 5th grade outlaws by 10+ goals. It's 8v8, winter ball so all good, just fun but thought igloo looked really good. Do they have two teams, or did they do anA and B team or what. Both looked good
Hey I have an idea.

Saw two igloo 4th grade teams today both looked good. I thought they only had one team. The second one beat 5th grade outlaws by 10+ goals. It's 8v8, winter ball so all good, just fun but thought igloo looked really good. Do they have two teams, or did they do anA and B team or what. Both looked good

1 team. Team was split into 2 teams for indoor ball in order for the boys to have more playing time. Not an A and a B per se. Teams were split evenly by the coaches.
Can someone explain why Smash is listed as a 4th grade team but they do not have one game scheduled all 6 weeks?
Have they posted a schedule for week 3 and beyond?
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Weeks 3 to 6 Schedules

[Linked Image]
Can someone explain why Smash is listed as a 4th grade team but they do not have one game scheduled all 6 weeks?

Smash filled in for a team that dropped out last minute in week 1. Otherwise, they're not participating in Rockstar this season.

There are also 2 Team 91 teams listed in the JV division that have no games scheduled. Don't know why.
anyone know what teams KC 7 and KC 7 red are?
anyone know what teams KC 7 and KC 7 red are?

They are a bunch of 6th grade boys from various clubs that put a team together. Keith Cromwell is the coach and he trains many of the boys. That is what I was told.
Which Outlaw team (year color) did that Igloo beat by 10+?
5th grade Outlaws were beat up by 2021 Igloo, with some tiny 3rd grade goalie.
2022 Igloo I meant to type..4th grade wrecked us, Silver
2022 Igloo I meant to type..4th grade wrecked us, Silver

Hey I am an igloo parent no big deal outlaws played good ball, it's just indoor 8v8 off season. All good fun good group of kids and nice parents
Rockstar Indoor League - Session I, Weeks 3 to 6 Schedules

Revised : December 16th

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Where are the standings kept for this league?
There are no standings for this league .
Is there anyway to see the results of the games ?

For that price ya think they could put schedules and standings online.

For that price ya think they could put schedules and standings online.
BOTC must sincerely be missing the scheduling point. The schedules are online at the Sports Hub web site and are being carried here on this thread just a few short posts earlier - scheduling updates are posted as they are made available. As a matter of fact, BOTC contacted Rockstar Lacrosse to make the full six week schedule available which is why you see the content here on this thread.

As for standings, we have not received anything on age group records or game results to this point. Should that information be made available, we will carry it here on this thread.

Yes, go watch the games...this is indoor 8v8 off season winter lacrosse. Nobody really cares about the results or standings, it's not even real lacrosse. It's a great opportunity for the boys to work on dome stick skills and learn to play with their teammates.

Yes, go watch the games...this is indoor 8v8 off season winter lacrosse. Nobody really cares about the results or standings, it's not even real lacrosse. It's a great opportunity for the boys to work on dome stick skills and learn to play with their teammates.

JV is 10 v 10 full field lacrosse!

JV is 10 v 10 full field lacrosse!

Yes, but on a narrow field with short area behind the cage. Fine for winter indoor, but not real lacrosse. Field favors defense for sure. As poster said great for keeping the stick in the kids hands.
In my opinion indoor lacrosse always favors the offense! D can't hit, lighting is tough for goalies, high scoring games.
WHy cant the D hit ? My son plays attack and theres no space ay all, the D can really T off
In my opinion indoor lacrosse always favors the offense! D can't hit, lighting is tough for goalies, high scoring games.
As the father of a goalie i couldn't disagree more. It favors offense. Shots are coming basically right on top of the cage. Its basically a shooting gallery

In the JV they hit, trust me. For defense if you can stop the attacks first move you've got him. Attack also really can't get a run at defense, no room. This favors D for sure. Either way who cares, good stick time.
WHy cant the D hit ? My son plays attack and theres no space ay all, the D can really T off

Because the rules for indoor are the same as most of the tournaments limited contact. Most clean hits are flagged indoors. School ball is the only full contact lacrosse being played these days.
As the father of a goalie i couldn't disagree more. It favors offense. Shots are coming basically right on top of the cage. Its basically a shooting gallery

I agree indoors always has been an offensive game. Goalies face a ton of point blank shots indoors.
Thats becasue there are a crap load more of loose balls picked up by the net. The amount of players smashed into the boards at SPorts Arena is insane. There NO room behind the cage for the Attackman. Far fr far mor ehitting inside, thast why Box Lax where bigger equipment, to make up fpr the more physcal aspect.
Team Woodstick (Manhasset and Garden City kids) started out in the Jv division, but dropped down into the 7th/ 8th grade division. This past Saturday they were scheduled to play Express Piranah's (third team of express). Both teams were missing kids because of vacation. Piranah's went with the 13 kids from their team that showed up, Woodstick recruited 6 to 8 kids from 91 Extreme, 3-4 kids from Express A team, Kids from Smithtown and just about everywhere else on Long Island. Woodstick end ended up with 23-25 kids. 7th/8thgrade division is supposed to be 8vs8 on small sided field. This game mysteriously was played10 vs 10 full field. The Woodstick team was provided with Sports Hub pinnies instead of their usual Woodstick pinnies because of all of the ringers. You can imagine the results.

Way to go Manhasset and Garden city. You name your winter team after one of the most famous events in high school lacrosse. An event that has been the hallmark of sportsmanship for over 50 years. You then show no sportsmanship by recruiting a team of ringers to play in a meaningless winter lacrosse game!

Regardless of who the team consisted of, no team should be allowed to use the name Woodstick Classic.

As stated by the previous poster, the Woodstick Classic is a lacrosse event that is admired by the Long Island sports community for it's long history of mutual respect and sportsmanship by Manhasset/Garden City.

The use (abuse) of the name should be brought to the attention of the superintendent/athletic directors of Manhasset and Garden City.

A couple of father's who want to throw a team together should not be given the opportunity to taint the name of such a respected event.
Team Woodstick (Manhasset and Garden City kids) started out in the Jv division, but dropped down into the 7th/ 8th grade division. This past Saturday they were scheduled to play Express Piranah's (third team of express). Both teams were missing kids because of vacation. Piranah's went with the 13 kids from their team that showed up, Woodstick recruited 6 to 8 kids from 91 Extreme, 3-4 kids from Express A team, Kids from Smithtown and just about everywhere else on Long Island. Woodstick end ended up with 23-25 kids. 7th/8thgrade division is supposed to be 8vs8 on small sided field. This game mysteriously was played10 vs 10 full field. The Woodstick team was provided with Sports Hub pinnies instead of their usual Woodstick pinnies because of all of the ringers. You can imagine the results.

Way to go Manhasset and Garden city. You name your winter team after one of the most famous events in high school lacrosse. An event that has been the hallmark of sportsmanship for over 50 years. You then show no sportsmanship by recruiting a team of ringers to play in a meaningless winter lacrosse game!

I watched half of this game waiting for the next game and it was ugly! It was like a varsity team against a 7th grade team in terms of talent. Nobody benefits from games like that.

I watched half of this game waiting for the next game and it was ugly! It was like a varsity team against a 7th grade team in terms of talent. Nobody benefits from games like that.

Who were the coaches who allowed this to happen? Who recruited these kids?
any update on session 2 scheduling?
Originally Posted by Mike1magee
Not yet - we can confirm that the league was at capacity (104 teams) for session 2 when the session 1 schedules were being published. Once we have the details for session 2, they will be shared here on BOTC.

Starts in 2 weeks you'd think they have a schedule out. Geez
Not sure why anyone would be surprised that there is no session 2 schedule out. They could not get the full session 1 schedule out until 2 weeks after it started and there were far less teams to schedule. Which BTW this schedule changed many times also! Honestly, the 1st session has been a joke and we will not be doing the next session or any future ones at this point. For the cost I would expect so much more. oh well, live and learn.
Not yet - we can confirm that the league was at capacity (104 teams) for session 2 when the session 1 schedules were being published. Once we have the details for session 2, they will be shared here on BOTC.

Where does this league play? Do they take individual players?
I would have to agree that this league felll far below expectations. We had one game cancelled for no apparent reason even though our team was there(the majority which traveled an hour to get there), the other team was there and the ref was there. The game was cancelled for no apparent reason and no explanation or make-up game was ever given.
Speaking for the Varsity girls end of it , only a few teams entered and every other week you get to play the same team over. why have a bracket with a few teams? this is a real class act at its best! at least be up front and let the organizations know how many teams have entered prior to signing up ,complete Joke ! , waste of time and money!

I would have to agree that this league felll far below expectations. We had one game cancelled for no apparent reason even though our team was there(the majority which traveled an hour to get there), the other team was there and the ref was there. The game was cancelled for no apparent reason and no explanation or make-up game was ever given.
$2050 for 6 games??? Thats Nuts!!!!!
6 games and we play the same team 3 times!!!!!
Speaking for the Varsity girls end of it , only a few teams entered and every other week you get to play the same team over. why have a bracket with a few teams? this is a real class act at its best! at least be up front and let the organizations know how many teams have entered prior to signing up ,complete Joke ! , waste of time and money!

Session 2 is worse, they over booked and now they are asking teams to play in alternate venues. Some way out in Suffolk.
for all the Nassau based teams that were thinking they were playing only in Syosset this is going to not be good. They still need to make up games for teams from session one.
The flyer clearly stated that teams participating in this league would play games at both venues. Never did I think only my games would be in Suffolk. I even prepared my parents for this. People need to read and comprehend!!!

for all the Nassau based teams that were thinking they were playing only in Syosset this is going to not be good. They still need to make up games for teams from session one.
Schedules out first game, GC vs Igloo , 7am Location Calverton athletic complex

The flyer clearly stated that teams participating in this league would play games at both venues. Never did I think only my games would be in Suffolk. I even prepared my parents for this. People need to read and comprehend!!!

Not clear.

Where did you get the schedule?

Where are schedules posted
The only material to which BOTC is privy at this point is the dates on which the games will be hosted.

SESSION 2 – JAN 18TH – MAR 9TH

1. January 18th & 19th
2. January 24th, 25th & 26th
3. February 1st & 2nd
4. February 8th & 9th
5. February 15th & 16th, February 17th-19th JV and Varsity Games 5PM-7PM, February 20th JV and Varsity Games 6PM-9PM
6. February 21st, 22nd & 23rd
7. March 1st & 2nd
8. March 8th & 9th

Registration for Session 2 Boys and Girls is now closed. Please call the Long Island Sports Hub with any questions 516-364-4000.
6 games and we play the same team 3 times!!!!!

This league has been poorly run and managed. We played last year and it was a lot better - they need to better organize themselves or they will lose out very quicly!
The only material to which BOTC is privy at this point is the dates on which the games will be hosted.

SESSION 2 – JAN 18TH – MAR 9TH

1. January 18th & 19th
2. January 24th, 25th & 26th
3. February 1st & 2nd
4. February 8th & 9th
5. February 15th & 16th, February 17th-19th JV and Varsity Games 5PM-7PM, February 20th JV and Varsity Games 6PM-9PM
6. February 21st, 22nd & 23rd
7. March 1st & 2nd
8. March 8th & 9th

Registration for Session 2 Boys and Girls is now closed. Please call the Long Island Sports Hub with any questions 516-364-4000.

A week before the start of session 2 and still no schedule posted.
All I see are people complaining about this league.
Yet it is sold out with 100 plus team.
I know there are not that many options for indoor.
But if teams didn't sign up maybe they would make it better.
Rockstar and the hub are laughing all the way to the bank!

the sign-ups for both sessions were in sept/oct and last year the Hub league was run much much better - live and learn, will be passing next year if rockstar is still involved

the sign-ups for both sessions were in sept/oct and last year the Hub league was run much much better - live and learn, will be passing next year if rockstar is still involved

Last year the hub league was lighthouse not rock star.

Last year the hub league was lighthouse not rock star.

I'm not sure what it was called last year, but the schedules were out in advance and evry week there were scores and standings posted by the end of the weekend - not to mention all the games were at the Hub

I'm not sure what it was called last year, but the schedules were out in advance and evry week there were scores and standings posted by the end of the weekend - not to mention all the games were at the Hub

Yes it was run by lighthouse lacrosse last year instead of by rockstar lacrosse this year. The HUB just rents the facility they have nothing to do with the league.

Yes it was run by lighthouse lacrosse last year instead of by rockstar lacrosse this year. The HUB just rents the facility they have nothing to do with the league.

AeroLax ran the girls league last year. I don't think Lifhthouse had anything to do with the league.
The Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League or Rockstar LWL is a league that stretches across several indoor sports facilities on Long Island. The syndicated league will be played mostly at the Long Island Sports Hub which is conveniently located on the North Shore of Long Island by the LIE 495 and 135 Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway, and Smithtown Sports Arena conveniently located out East on the Island. You will play most games in the facility local to your area, but will be asked to expand your commute to incorporate the wider variety of teams available for play in the Nassau and Suffolk regions.

Not Clear????

Not clear.
The Rockstar Lacrosse Winter League or Rockstar LWL is a league that stretches across several indoor sports facilities on Long Island. The syndicated league will be played mostly at the Long Island Sports Hub which is conveniently located on the North Shore of Long Island by the LIE 495 and 135 Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway, and Smithtown Sports Arena conveniently located out East on the Island. You will play most games in the facility local to your area, but will be asked to expand your commute to incorporate the wider variety of teams available for play in the Nassau and Suffolk regions.

Not Clear????

Is Smithtown the same as St. James?

Not clear.

Not Clear????

Is Smithtown the same as St. James?

Not clear.

Yes, Smithtown is basically the same as St. James
Rockstar Winter League session 2 starts this weekend? With this being a holiday weekend, it would be nice to have a schedule.....
The schedule will be out soon from what I hear.
should be out latest by Saturday, LOL!
should be out latest by Saturday, LOL!

With these guys maybe not
Maybe they should have a bye this holiday weekend and buy themselves more time.
Maybe they should have a bye this holiday weekend and buy themselves more time.

Probably a good idea!
Rockstar Winter League session 2 starts this weekend? With this being a holiday weekend, it would be nice to have a schedule.....
BOTC has just received a full copy of the Session II schedule. The league will include 153 teams for this session over the course of eight weeks of game play at two facilities. Rockstar has been listening to the issues raised with Session I and is going to make every effort to record weekly wins and losses for this second session.

BOTC will be posting the teams and schedules shortly. Please stand by.
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Team Index

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 1 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 2 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 3 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 5 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 6 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 7 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 8 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Please note the following material that was part of the e-mailing to coaches :

Please be at facility 30 mins before your game
Please be sure to check what time and facility you will be playing at.
ANY TEAMS THAT FORFEITS OR CAN NOT MAKE A GAME YOU WILL NOT GET A MAKE UP GAME!!
FINAL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY 1-15-14 TO HOLD YOUR SPOT ON THE SCHEDULE.
TO MAKE A PAYMENT PLEASE CALL THE SPORTS HUB AT 516.364.4000.
Let the complaining begin!!!!!! LMAO
Good luck planning...

I wouldnt just yet, the revisions are coming!!!

Good luck planning...

Let me offer my personal thoughts on this idea of revisions.

There are more than 150 teams in this session's league and when you sign up, you agree to play the six games. Unless you were scheduled for a specific "black-out" time that your submitted with your application, each team should meet its commitment.

Dozens of posts have discussed the fact that Session II's schedule had not been published. Well, all of the planning has been done allowing two months to rejuggle individual plans as needed - or just miss a game.
I agree. But I can GUARANTEE the REVISED schedule is coming.
Wow SHow up at 630. The Jv and Varsity was told they would play early or late games , this would lead you to believe that everyone else wouldn't. Brutal
Please note the following material that was part of the e-mailing to coaches :

Please be at facility 30 mins before your game
Please be sure to check what time and facility you will be playing at.
ANY TEAMS THAT FORFEITS OR CAN NOT MAKE A GAME YOU WILL NOT GET A MAKE UP GAME!!
FINAL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BY 1-15-14 TO HOLD YOUR SPOT ON THE SCHEDULE.
TO MAKE A PAYMENT PLEASE CALL THE SPORTS HUB AT 516.364.4000.
I would expect some revisions based on the fact that I see one team playing 2 games the same day, on in St James and another in Syosset 2 hours later
I'm a team director and have not yet received anything from Rockstar regarding the Session 2 schedule. That, coupled with the fact that they still haven't even published it on the Sports Hub website, leads me to believe that this schedule is not the final one.

My first game is Saturday morning, so I sent my team what I found on this site.

What is the likelihood that the schedule will change, and how much notice will we have?

Since Back of the Cage seems to have some privileges that the rest of us don't, can you please find out for us?
Good luck planning...

There are more than 150 teams in this session's league and when you sign up, you agree to play the six games. Unless you were scheduled for a specific "black-out" time that your submitted with your application, each team should meet its commitment.

Dozens of posts have discussed the fact that Session II's schedule had not been published. Well, all of the planning has been done allowing two months to rejuggle individual plans as needed - or just miss a game.
I would expect some revisions based on the fact that I see one team playing 2 games the same day, on in St James and another in Syosset 2 hours later

I will be waking up my 11 year old at 5:45 Saturday morning for his game but we'll probably get a group of families to invade a local diner afterwards and make the best of it. With 150 teams there is only so much room to fit that many games.
I'm a team director and have not yet received anything from Rockstar regarding the Session 2 schedule. That, coupled with the fact that they still haven't even published it on the Sports Hub website, leads me to believe that this schedule is not the final one.
BOTC was expressly told that we were on the distribution list for coaches - and received this schedule at 11:44pm last night (Monday night). BOTC was requested to post this information as soon as possible which has been done. We strongly urge you to both check that your team appears on the Team Master Index and that the e-mails from the Rockstar Lacrosse group have not been blocked by a spam filter or placed into your junk folder.

Again, we have been told that this was the schedule to be followed.

What is the likelihood that the schedule will change, and how much notice will we have?
The schedule for this weekend is set. As for notice time on additional changes, you will need to consult with Rockstar at the Sports Hub this weekend. When BOTC receives e-mail notification of changes, we typically get the data posted within hours.

Since Back of the Cage seems to have some privileges that the rest of us don't, can you please find out for us?
This information is the official data as of this morning. Please note that your team will also need to fill out a team roster form which should have come in your e-mail.

I will be waking up my 11 year old at 5:45 Saturday morning for his game but we'll probably get a group of families to invade a local diner afterwards and make the best of it. With 150 teams there is only so much room to fit that many games.
Right attitude - a team breakfast after the early morning game is the right answer!
Everyone but YOU got the email last night. Perhaps you didnt write your email address properly or clearly. maybe a typo on Rockstar's part.
Before complaining, call The Hub, because you sound like 'abitch' right about now.
My team is on the master list, which is how I found out about the Saturday game. I checked my bulk/junk folder and nothing is in there.

I know they have my email address because I have received several messages from them in the past few weeks (mostly about when the money was due). I also got a phone call last week confirming that I was in Session 2

Have any other coaches/directors on this forum received their schedule or roster form via email?

BOTC was expressly told that we were on the distribution list for coaches - and received this schedule at 11:44pm last night (Monday night). BOTC was requested to post this information as soon as possible which has been done. We strongly urge you to both check that your team appears on the Team Master Index and that the e-mails from the Rockstar Lacrosse group have not been blocked by a spam filter or placed into your junk folder.

The schedule for this weekend is set. As for notice time on additional changes, you will need to consult with Rockstar at the Sports Hub this weekend. When BOTC receives e-mail notification of changes, we typically get the data posted within hours.

This information is the official data as of this morning. Please note that your team will also need to fill out a team roster form which should have come in your e-mail.
My team is on the master list, which is how I found out about the Saturday game. I checked my bulk/junk folder and nothing is in there.

I know they have my email address because I have received several messages from them in the past few weeks (mostly about when the money was due). I also got a phone call last week confirming that I was in Session 2

Have any other coaches/directors on this forum received their schedule or roster form via email?
Friend, just call the Sports Hub or write to Rockstar at info@lirockstarlax.com. Your address might have been missed for some reason.

[Linked Image]

On the girls 7/8 - who are team Fire and Ice - what club or town?
Stay classy

I just called and they said coaches have been calling all day because they never got their schedules

It is also up on the Sports Hub website (finally)

Everyone but YOU got the email last night. Perhaps you didnt write your email address properly or clearly. maybe a typo on Rockstar's part.
Before complaining, call The Hub, because you sound like 'abitch' right about now.
Yes I received it at 11:45PM last night.

Yellow Jackets 2020
Good luck planning...

Yes! I hope no more our team can't play because.....show up and play and if you don't you forfeit. The team that showed at least gets an hour practice.
So let's give them credit. Lotsa complaints (deservedly so) for the last go round. They got the full schedule out and now you and your coaches can adjust accordingly. Since the standings has been debated for and against let's not restart that. Just comment on the level play that you observe each week (hopefully all positive). And see who is going to be the most ready for the outdoor season, which starts as this ends. Yup already looking for winter to end.

Good Luck All!
Heard some of the Varsity teams are dropping due to schedule and Rockstar allowing 9th grade teams to play in the Varsity division
Your format says that elite travel teams will play UP one year! What happened to that??
both igloo teams are playing up a grade? They are the only elite teams I see in 4th or 5th grade.
both igloo teams are playing up a grade? They are the only elite teams I see in 4th or 5th grade.

My sons 6th grade team has 5th grade Igloo on it's schedule
11th and 12th grade varsity teams are wasting their time playing 9th graders signed up in the varsity bracket. However, it is beneficial for the 9th graders.

The girls have a GC team playing down
In girls league, there are two 8 th grade travel teams (2018) playing in the 7th and 8 th grade division. That's not playing up.

That 5th grade igloo team is unstoppable. Best team I have seen at this age in all my years.
In girls league, there are two 8 th grade travel teams (2018) playing in the 7th and 8 th grade division. That's not playing up.

True, they should be in JV
How does it benefit the 9th grade team. At some point the size speed and strength can be dangerous. Please let me know what that 9th grade goalies mom thinks. Let her know that 17 18 year old players will be firing the ball from 10 yards at her son. Until someone gets seriously hurt which is only a matter of time it will continue. It may be that they called in late and Rockstar is not turning away a check so they put them where they could wether it was dangerous or not
I will tell you what happended. Rockstar will never turn away a check so they will do what ever and say what ever to get you to join and then hope for the best that no one gets hurt. And if someone does get hurt oops you signed the waiver or your coach said you were good enough

Who really cares where the teams play? First of all, town teams spend WAY more time playing and practicing together and have played together for a long time and are more of a "Team" than most travel teams. And, even if (and it is not always true) the travel team girls have better skilled players, the fact that they do not play together a lot really evens that out. Also, on the travel teams, many girls do not play winter with their travel team and play with their town teams so the travel teams are somewhat pieced together. And, I will add, since tryouts were in September, some girls on the travel teams are seeing each other for the first time as teammates as they are really getting to know each other now before spring practices and summer. So are travel teams really better "teams" this early in the season when they are missing girls and many kids are meeting each other for the first time?

Who really cares where the teams play? First of all, town teams spend WAY more time playing and practicing together and have played together for a long time and are more of a "Team" than most travel teams. And, even if (and it is not always true) the travel team girls have better skilled players, the fact that they do not play together a lot really evens that out. Also, on the travel teams, many girls do not play winter with their travel team and play with their town teams so the travel teams are somewhat pieced together. And, I will add, since tryouts were in September, some girls on the travel teams are seeing each other for the first time as teammates as they are really getting to know each other now before spring practices and summer. So are travel teams really better "teams" this early in the season when they are missing girls and many kids are meeting each other for the first time?

That's a nice try, and decent argument, but with the exception of a few towns, YES, they usually are "better"!

That 5th grade igloo team is unstoppable. Best team I have seen at this age in all my years.

Yes they are by far the best but they do have a few 6th graders. (Don't argue they don't) If 91, Icon or some of the other top teams also had 3 to 5 6th graders they would be just as good.
Terrible argument! Anyway, I was just commenting because they did not hold true to the stated format of TRAVEL TEAMS will play UP one grade level! Most TOWN teams have not played together since last May or June! Whereas, the TRAVEL teams hold winter practices. Town teams were looking to play town teams, that's all.
Lets get all the rosters out with birth dates (and original birth certificates) of all kids in "5Th grade" you would be amazed at how many should be in 6th grade I am sure every "5th grade" team travel or town has 1 or 2 that could be in 6th grade ......That is why we should transition to the U brackets (u-9, U-11, etc.) So until then all will have some kids who "Could" be in 5th grade but the parents did not hold back .
<<Post Removed>>
You do realize that a player in 5th grade who was held back and could be in 6th is often also US lax eligible for the team his currently on. US lax cutoff is in either August or Sept , the schools are Dec 1
Lets get all the rosters out with birth dates (and original birth certificates) of all kids in "5Th grade" you would be amazed at how many should be in 6th grade I am sure every "5th grade" team travel or town has 1 or 2 that could be in 6th grade ......That is why we should transition to the U brackets (u-9, U-11, etc.) So until then all will have some kids who "Could" be in 5th grade but the parents did not hold back .
You do realize that a player in 5th grade who was held back and could be in 6th is often also US lax eligible for the team his currently on. US lax cutoff is in either August or Sept , the schools are Dec 1

You do realize if a boy was held back already before 5th grade , maybe he doesn't need to be in a winter lacrosse league ?
Terrible argument! Anyway, I was just commenting because they did not hold true to the stated format of TRAVEL TEAMS will play UP one grade level! Most TOWN teams have not played together since last May or June! Whereas, the TRAVEL teams hold winter practices. Town teams were looking to play town teams, that's all.

That's right. And, town teams often have less skilled, even beginner type players sometimes. Some them haven't practiced together at all
None of them "need" to be in a winter lax league. Point is my son likes lax. He was a late NOV baby and for the sake of less then 24 hours I was not going to have him be the youngest in his grade. That being said, according to US lax rules he was the appropriate age at their Aug cut off date. I have also been told by numerous people including Guidance Counselors that boys born in Oct Nov tend to make up the majority of their problems. I am sorry that you think I should have put my son in school so that your son could have more success in winter lax, but I really need to put him in the best position to achieve for the rest of his life.

You do realize if a boy was held back already before 5th grade , maybe he doesn't need to be in a winter lacrosse league ?
You cheated in the realm of academics to move your kid ahead. Yes I feel you should have had him in the current year. As the counselors stated their are those at the bottom and those at the top of each grade. You changed his stars to be at the top when he should have been at the bottom. You manipulated the natural order of things. Hence Cheated.

Whether we are talking 5th grade lax or when they are ready for college your child will be in a better spot than anothers because you intervened you cheated.

Just because you can, just because you wont go to jail, just because you did - doesn't mean you didn't cheat.

None of them "need" to be in a winter lax league. Point is my son likes lax. He was a late NOV baby and for the sake of less then 24 hours I was not going to have him be the youngest in his grade. That being said, according to US lax rules he was the appropriate age at their Aug cut off date. I have also been told by numerous people including Guidance Counselors that boys born in Oct Nov tend to make up the majority of their problems. I am sorry that you think I should have put my son in school so that your son could have more success in winter lax, but I really need to put him in the best position to achieve for the rest of his life.

First time at Sports Hb last night and thought it was great! Much better than Mt Siani. Only issue I find is club teams playing town teams, as a previous poster suggested club should play up. Clean place, refs were good, should have a "no standing" sign between bleachers as onlooker block the view from the bleachers.
let me guess you wouldn't do that for your child?
you are f-en crazy if you wouldn't.
You cheated in the realm of academics to move your kid ahead. Yes I feel you should have had him in the current year. As the counselors stated their are those at the bottom and those at the top of each grade. You changed his stars to be at the top when he should have been at the bottom. You manipulated the natural order of things. Hence Cheated.

Whether we are talking 5th grade lax or when they are ready for college your child will be in a better spot than anothers because you intervened you cheated.

Just because you can, just because you wont go to jail, just because you did - doesn't mean you didn't cheat.

You sound crazy. seriously crazy. We held our 10 yr old son out of starting a 2 yr old program until he was 3 and kept him on that track because he was the very end of the Nov. month- just days from the cut off. He does play lax and guess what- despite the fact that he is older, a few days then some and a few months by others, he is still a struggling learner and a less than avg athlete. The numbers of kids that actually rise to the top of their grade because they were held back is small. WHY? Because parents usually hold their kid back or start them later in school from the get go is because there is something keeping them from being with their peers, not because the majority of these parents want D1 scholarships. Ridiculousness... so if a few kids needed some extra time to learn how to talk, walk, get through a day without a nap- they should be pushed ahead so your avg to above avg son does not have to compete against them? Enjoy your kid with no issues- because obviously you have never been a parent of a child that needs some extra time to get by, fit in and be accepted by ones peers. The gift of a year gives these kids time to be a part of their "new" grade and not left behind and left completely out. You call those parents cheaters, I call them caring, smart, interested parents.
My Kid is a mid November baby and instead of holding her back we put her in so her mom could get back to work full time . She is a Principal list student and a A team lax player. Every kid is different and it all depends on the situation. I know boys lacrosse is a contact sport but if your kid is good then they will be playing on Varsity as a 9th grader and play against kids 3 years older. In college with all of the redshirts some will be 4 years older or more.
Cheating is doing something that violates the rules . I did no such thing. WHat I did was allowed. Like I said, as per US lax rules he would be on the same team. He didn't even pick up a lax stick till third grade, wasn't ilk fit was part of the plan. Just did what his teachers said would be best for him. Cheating would have been putting him in a year before where he would struggle because he was not born 10 hours later , we would have cheated him.

You sound crazy. seriously crazy. We held our 10 yr old son out of starting a 2 yr old program until he was 3 and kept him on that track because he was the very end of the Nov. month- just days from the cut off. He does play lax and guess what- despite the fact that he is older, a few days then some and a few months by others, he is still a struggling learner and a less than avg athlete. The numbers of kids that actually rise to the top of their grade because they were held back is small. WHY? Because parents usually hold their kid back or start them later in school from the get go is because there is something keeping them from being with their peers, not because the majority of these parents want D1 scholarships. Ridiculousness... so if a few kids needed some extra time to learn how to talk, walk, get through a day without a nap- they should be pushed ahead so your avg to above avg son does not have to compete against them? Enjoy your kid with no issues- because obviously you have never been a parent of a child that needs some extra time to get by, fit in and be accepted by ones peers. The gift of a year gives these kids time to be a part of their "new" grade and not left behind and left completely out. You call those parents cheaters, I call them caring, smart, interested parents.

I am not sure the total number of hold backs in my child's class grade but the top 15 students are 90% hold backs. So yes those students are taking academic opportunities away from others.

You said "the gift of a year..." You are Correct, a gift, something not earned!

But I guess your also fine with eating the grapes at shop rite before you pay for them, before they get weighed, before knowing the real value. It's just a few cents what difference does it make.
Rockstar sent out a revised schedule last night. They should change their name to Wedding Singer the way they run things.
I am not sure the total number of hold backs in my child's class grade but the top 15 students are 90% hold backs. So yes those students are taking academic opportunities away from others.
Name the school district. BOTC absolutely guarantees that there is not a district on Long Island where the Top 15 Academic students will see 90% holdbacks. Holdbacks for Academic or Athletic reasons never thrive in the classroom. As we have said before, top academic students who excel at their studies will often "play up" with younger students taking more advanced classes, not the other way around.
Rockstar sent out a revised schedule last night. They should change their name to Wedding Singer the way they run things.

CageSage - Are you aware of a new schedule, and if so, can you post it here? I don't see it on their website. Thanks!

CageSage - Are you aware of a new schedule, and if so, can you post it here? I don't see it on their website. Thanks!
One of our readers forwarded a revised master schedule at 6:00am this morning. We will take a look at the content and get information posted as soon as possible.
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 2 Schedule

Revised : January 21st, 2014, 6:00am

[Linked Image]

(No Changes from Initial Publication)

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 3 Schedule

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 7 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 8 Schedule

[Linked Image]
Some of the Teams on the schedule are also wrong. I know that team 612 is the LI Tomahawks and not the West Islip Paules. Not that that matters as long as the schedule holds up.

[Linked Image]
How many games does each team get 5 or 6?
Who is No name? I saw them play up and crush manhasset 32. Kids looked like good laxers.
who is team no name ? saw them playing a 5th grade manhasset team, no name was up by a few ,some of the kids on no name looked alot smaller then other team but moved the ball very well, were are these guys from???
whats the difference in 5th grad manhasset and 5 th grade manhasset 32?
So Igloo is also playing in 5th grade bracket under CSH .

What are you talking about????
Any 2018 scores for this weekend ?
How about 2019?
West Islip lost to Express 11-8
Any 2018 scores for this weekend ?

express over west islip
You're obviously a No Name parent. You people are pathetic.
You should know. Your son obviously plays for them. Pathetic
How many kids from Igloo reside and play town in CSH ? ?

What are you talking about????
You're obviously a No Name parent. You people are pathetic.

Whether or not my son plays for them, you are the one who is pathetic. Go do some drills with your kid.....
This league needs help. Watched a 5th grade girls travel team beat a town team this weekend with the trael team playing with their opposite hand.
i totally agree. many uneven match ups. club teams should not play town teams. period
GO Play in Oceanside alot cheaper and all TOWN TEAMS
really !!! its indoor lax relax will see what happens come spring time !!!
not sure wat u mean about csh team, I saw kids from port Washington, levitown,syosset,gc,roslyn,and monorville just to name of few on no name team
Oceanside? You cannot be serious..
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 1 Results

[Linked Image]
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 2 Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
They play real box lax. Keep wasting your time and money.
Oceanside is real box lacrosse?
Oceanside facility has wonderful lighting! NOT!
You need a Humvee to navigate the potholes to the wonderful parking spaces.
That place is why we all left, its as run down as it is unorganized.
The homeless wouldnt use the toilets there
But real box lax.
How did the harborfields 5th grade beat the smithtown 5th grade? Is that really correct? Did anyone see the game? I thought the smithtown A team was good team and the harborfields team not so much.
We would like to thank you for this free publicity. They have been around for 6 strong years so they must be doing something right. Enjoy that hour drive from RVC to play a 1 hour indoor lacrosse game. Make sure they keep posting those scores your a real winner.
This league needs help. Watched a 5th grade girls travel team beat a town team this weekend with the trael team playing with their opposite hand.

This is one of th worst run leagues on Long Island - period the end. They have teams listed that are not even playing, they have had games where teams have not shown up, the schedule is a disaster, etc.
turf island was worse. So, far both sessions for us have been just fine. Games start and finish on time. Refs show and other teams are there. 8 games now between the 2 sessions and no complaints, except the outrageous fee's. But hay, the Hub is as nice a field as LI has. Go to turf island and you will be amazed that it is still open. i think i also saw Jimmy Hoffa buried out back!
In the spring and summer, most of the travel teams spend the majority of their time playing 4 or 5 games in tournaments every weekend. They practice only once or twice a week.
Time is much better spent training and practicing in the winter, rather than entering these poorly run leagues. Regardless of what indoor facility you choose, well run practices that gives the kids a significant amount of reps and touches is much more beneficial.
sounds like the town team has some work to do. Ever hear of "hitting the wall". Not all town teams can't compete.
Does anybody know "who" is actually running the league? Is it Sports Hub or do they outsource to somebody else to run? Maybe BOTC can talk to them about the issues? Scheduling 10 year old games at 9 PM on a Sunday nigh? Having teams on a schedule that arent registered? Having teams that do not show up? OR maybe it is too late?
Does anybody know "who" is actually running the league?
The league coordinator became Sean Chamberlain at info [at] rockstarlax.com after some organizational changes. The league was originally being marketed directly by the Sports Hub when it was first brought to us.

Is it Sports Hub or do they outsource to somebody else to run?
The league is managed outside the Sports Hub itself as we have indicated.

Maybe BOTC can talk to them about the issues? Scheduling 10 year old games at 9 PM on a Sunday nigh?
If this is a scheduling issue in future weeks, bring it to the attention of the league. If this is a complaint about a past week, there is nothing that can be done.

Having teams on a schedule that arent registered?
Were these last minute fill-ins? Can you name the non-registered team? We have no examples of that on hand.

Having teams that do not show up? OR maybe it is too late?
BOTC has offered the league some very simple suggestions when we discussed with Sean the need to publish schedules and results starting with Week #3 in Session I - which was done and carried here on BOTC.

BOTC also recommended that every team pay up front with no refunds. In return, the league would set aside blocks of time for age groups (for example, ten year olds play between 10am and 4pm as an example). Your games would be placed somewhere in that time range on a weekly basis. Once you sign up and know your blocks of time, you show up for your games - no make-ups.

BOTC has also offered the idea of requiring a performance bond along with the application fee so that any team that forfeits a game loses the performance bond which is used to refund their opponent.

Then again, with 150+ teams, we would have a much harder hand with managing to the schedule.
Sorry Mr or Mrs Crazy. Posing as a stranger to pump up a 4th grade team IS pathetic. whether or not your son plays for them? Lol
Sorry Mr or Mrs Crazy. Posing as a stranger to pump up a 4th grade team IS pathetic. whether or not your son plays for them? Lol

I come on regularly to check the schedule so I am far from a stranger to this board. i think YOU are the pathetic stranger that likes bashing teams and trolling around with your negativity. find a reason to be happy about something

Turf Island is somebody's business that supports family's. Who ever you are bashing this place,why are you hiding behind ANONYMOUS. If you have something
to say thats negative put your name to it tough guy. They are good people that own Turf Island who do a lot for the local community and also the lacrosse community,most recently the special needs lacrosse clinic last month. So crawl out from under that ROCK and put you name to this.
Turf Island is somebody's business that supports family's. Who ever you are bashing this place,why are you hiding behind ANONYMOUS. If you have something
to say thats negative put your name to it tough guy. They are good people that own Turf Island who do a lot for the local community and also the lacrosse community,most recently the special needs lacrosse clinic last month. So crawl out from under that ROCK and put you name to this.

Really? So now people shouldnt be providing honest feedback? So when you go to a restaurant that is not very good, you tell everyone how much you liked it because "somebody" owns it? Hmmmm that makes sense. If the people that owned Turf Island really cared, they would clean it up and make the place better, Just because there is limited competition in that market, dont take advantage of your customers by running it like the dump it is! Maybe if they did something about it people would not have to complain.
Really? So now people shouldnt be providing honest feedback? So when you go to a restaurant that is not very good, you tell everyone how much you liked it because "somebody" owns it? Hmmmm that makes sense. If the people that owned Turf Island really cared, they would clean it up and make the place better, Just because there is limited competition in that market, dont take advantage of your customers by running it like the dump it is! Maybe if they did something about it people would not have to complain.
This thread is designed to discuss the Rockstar Lacrosse League. The discussion has gone off the rails looking at other facilities. Registered users can open a thread to discuss alternate topics such as Turf Island if needed, but they are now going to be stopped on this thread.
Yet another Schedule change after only week 3. So should we just go with a weekly schedule since the one they send out gets changed every week?
Did they send out another schedule this week?
Yet another Schedule change after only week 3. So should we just go with a weekly schedule since the one they send out gets changed every week?

Can someone post this if there has been another schedule change?
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 3 Schedule (Revised)

Revision Posted : January 30th, 10:00am

[Linked Image]
The latest edition for Week #3 (with revisions from the previously revised edition) has been posted.
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Schedule (Revised)

Revision Posted : January 30th, 10:00am

[Linked Image]
The latest edition for Week #3 (with revisions from the previously revised edition) has been posted.

This is absurd! I know that things change, but how is anybody supposed to plan a weekend when you don't know until Friday when your kid(s) will be playing. I wouldn't let Rockstar run a birthday party for my 3 year old - they would end up planning it for the wrong day!
Do not have a kid playing but team parents of Igloo playing today at around 10:30 should be embarrassed of themselves. Not sure of the age group , looked to be around 5 th grade. The guy banging on the glass w the bald head really needs to stop acting like a moron. Screaming and yelling and pounding on the glass every time a kid on his team catches the ball, calm down its a winter league game . People were laughing at how ridiculous you looked.

This is absurd! I know that things change, but how is anybody supposed to plan a weekend when you don't know until Friday when your kid(s) will be playing. I wouldn't let Rockstar run a birthday party for my 3 year old - they would end up planning it for the wrong day!

I'm only talking about girls. The league is a travesty. Refs don't know rules. Coaches don't know rules. Teams are grouped horribly. Last year their were two refs for every game. Now you have one ref for the younger games and it is unsafe. This year you get fewer games, one less ref, poor management, a schedule that changes weekly all for more money.
Do not have a kid playing but team parents of Igloo playing today at around 10:30 should be embarrassed of themselves. Not sure of the age group , looked to be around 5 th grade. The guy banging on the glass w the bald head really needs to stop acting like a moron. Screaming and yelling and pounding on the glass every time a kid on his team catches the ball, calm down its a winter league game . People were laughing at how ridiculous you looked.

Yeah that ball headed guy or the fat guy with tattoos can be really annoying when his sons team is thrashing your sons team deposite your son being a year older.

Yeah that ball headed guy or the fat guy with tattoos can be really annoying when his sons team is thrashing your sons team deposite your son being a year older.
Why is a parent's behavior being viewed through the prism of a son's team achievement?

Don't even go there. Every team has some crazy parents. I had to stare at some tattooed mans back the whole game at MLK tourney and lets not forget the crazy iPad dad. I won't mention team name though. I think you're the crazy ridiculous tough guy naming a team

Don't even go there. Every team has some crazy parents. I had to stare at some tattooed mans back the whole game at MLK tourney and lets not forget the crazy iPad dad. I won't mention team name though. I think you're the crazy ridiculous tough guy naming a team

The funniest thing I have seen is one of the college coaches that was following this one guys kid at a tournament last summer walked up to this one loadmouth parent and intoduced themselves to the parent and then told him they were no longer interested in his kid in front of everyone on the sideline. This guy was silent the rest of the summer!!
Who is this team NO NAME I saw them play Saturday they all have different helmet's

Igloo? Really, Igloo? Well if you were upset by that, spend a few moments watching the 91 parents; your head would explode.

The funniest thing I have seen is one of the college coaches that was following this one guys kid at a tournament last summer walked up to this one loadmouth parent and intoduced themselves to the parent and then told him they were no longer interested in his kid in front of everyone on the sideline. This guy was silent the rest of the summer!!

Fat, bald, tatooed, Igloo parent banging on the glass and screaming like a lunatic...... Which one - you need to be more specific?
Wow, seems like some parent from LIE NYC is a bit upset that they lost to some younger boys.
I was watching as our boys played next and thought the game was exciting. Yes, the bald guy was absolutely hysterical, enough so that he got you to wake up first this thing this am and cry about your loss and post about him.
Name calling, I would expect nothing less from most parents that post here and hide behind the "anonymous" poster name.
Regardless, they, igloo that is, they are a very good team who are coached extremely well and play extremely intelligent and tough on the field. I have watched them play before and they are quite impressive.
So instead of crying behind your loss and some parent who obviously got you that outraged to post as the next person, how about saying they, the "boys" played a good game. Simple enough I would think.
I don't know but they can play my sons game was after them and i watched they had some sharp shooters ripping shots top corners of the cage all game someone said they are a 4th graders too they ran up the score a little bit my son said they are from all the top travel teams

[/quote]Why is a parent's behavior being viewed through the prism of a son's team achievement? [/quote]

Why? Because sometimes parents need to be held for their actions. Just maybe if they see they are hurting their kids then "just maybe" they would calm down, cheer and stop acting like a bunch of morons. You never know who is watching
Why is a parent's behavior being viewed through the prism of a son's team achievement?
Why? Because sometimes parents need to be held for their actions. Just maybe if they see they are hurting their kids then "just maybe" they would calm down, cheer and stop acting like a bunch of morons. You never know who is watching
Why is it that parents who are administering their version of accountability cannot seem to keep the "quote" tags in order? Seriously, think twice before you start identifying the morons. Think about it.
Honestly, I hope I have seen it all. But more to the point why isn't somebody from the HUB walking over and telling him to stop at least banging on the glass. Or anybody that witnessed it. Just ask the guy to stop - not because he is acting like an arse, but because it was likely distracting the other kids in the game. I would have said something. If you would rather avoid a confrontation - just ask the desk there. Blogging about just makes for some fun reading about my favorite winter league. 7 weeks until we are outdoors and the Shamrock - hope that groundhog was right. Although the mayor did drop the poor little guy - so I hope that didn't throw off his predictive skills.
thought that guy was funny! who is team sargent?
You people are comical, I was there to watch my daughters team play and just happened to watch some of the igloo game which seemed to be very competitive, no more than a goal difference for the time I was watching. Honestly have no idea of age of kids or if 1 team was a year older but the bald guy banging on the glass was out of control.Trying to justify it as sour grapes on my part is just silly, point is this particular guy was pretty amusing yelling instructions thru the glass wall and pounding on the glass. He seemed desperate for his kids team to win which they obviously must have thankfully , would not want to be around when they lose.
LOL No Name Parent blogs again...Pathetic

Exactly like you are. If there was attribution you wouldn't get the honesty, comedy, entertainment and especially good info on the best sport on LI.
We all know that crazy I pad dad...does same
thing at his kids town games. Does not care
who he is offending. Pompous gym teacher.
That doesn't condone acting like an idiot on the
sideline. No one mentioned anything about the
boys play. They are excellent. Their parents act
like fools, not all of them mind you, but this one
in particular made a scene and a fool of himself.
That's all that was stated. Class needs to be
put back into this beautiful game and it starts
with the parents.

what the heck are you talking about? you have NO idea what you are saying
That's enough. This parent is a kind, responsible and respected adult. So he records his child's games? Why does that bother you? He does not yell, degrade or coach his kid from the sideline. All of you should remember that your children are always watching and listening. You are setting examples for your kids by what you say AND write. How do you behave on the sideline? Or do you just come on BOTC and talk smack about others? Hate to break the news to you but your children will learn how to behave on the sidelines from watching and listening to you. Good luck with that.
That's enough. This parent is a kind, responsible and respected adult. So he records his child's games? Why does that bother you? He does not yell, degrade or coach his kid from the sideline. All of you should remember that your children are always watching and listening. You are setting examples for your kids by what you say AND write. How do you behave on the sideline? Or do you just come on BOTC and talk smack about others? Hate to break the news to you but your children will learn how to behave on the sidelines from watching and listening to you. Good luck with that.

Totally agree. My kid plays with "iPad Dad's" kid. He is really good guy. No banging on the glass, no berating refs, no coaching from the sidelines, no complaining about playing time. Just comes to watch his kid play the game and interact with other parents. Ask yourself: what's more pathetic, recording your kid play lacrosse or coming to a youth lacrosse message board to mock other parents?
He treats other people with disrespect. He will
stand in front of you with his iPad . If you say
Excuse me he doesn't care. Rude!!
I wish I filmed my son playing more. too hard to film and watch the game. I bet some day 25 years from now watching your kid play will be great, watching your grandchild watch his Dad play even better .

Totally agree. My kid plays with "iPad Dad's" kid. He is really good guy. No banging on the glass, no berating refs, no coaching from the sidelines, no complaining about playing time. Just comes to watch his kid play the game and interact with other parents. Ask yourself: what's more pathetic, recording your kid play lacrosse or coming to a youth lacrosse message board to mock other parents?

So says the bald [lacrosse] who keeps banging on the glass while his kid keeps passing the ball and he cannot stand it .

He has banged on glass and shouted - I have seen him in action for almost 3 years now so don't tell me! And he also stands right in front of you with the ipad. VEry rude and inconsiderate as were many of the parents on the same team as his kid were very recently. Whatever..... all i am saying is it's not just ONE dad. Unfortunately, they are everywhere
Cage, any results from last weekends play?
I'm not bald

So move! At least he is actively watching and involed in his kids life, unlike most of the parents who just sit there and gossip about everyone. Don't you have anything legitimate to complain about?
Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 3 Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So move! At least he is actively watching and involed in his kids life, unlike most of the parents who just sit there and gossip about everyone. Don't you have anything legitimate to complain about?

Let's remember one thing here- the person who posted the original post started the gossip.......
That 9:30 am game on 2/2 @ the Hub has team 707 listed. They didn't play on Sunday I believe its team 702.
I'm not bald

Its not what is missing on top of your head that people have an issue with....... Its what is missing inside of it!
These are not accurate..
does anyone know when fat bald tatooed dad and ipad dad will be at the hub this weekend ?ive got to see them in action for myself !!!! although i have no horse in the race ,dog in the fight ,or i will be watching while waiting for my kids game to start , got nothing to do on a saturday afternoon need some entertainment please let me know thanks
This post MUST be the kid from the same parent who is posting behind anonymous. What is constructive about this post. This is what you are teaching your kids?
These are not accurate..
Everything you see here on BOTC is the very latest published information. Your post has zero - absolutely zero - value. If you see something that has been updated since our publication dates, by all means SHARE the information rather than just saying that something is inaccurate.
does anyone know when fat bald tatooed dad and ipad dad will be at the hub this weekend ?ive got to see them in action for myself !!!! although i have no horse in the race ,dog in the fight ,or i will be watching while waiting for my kids game to start , got nothing to do on a saturday afternoon need some entertainment please let me know thanks

If you can get Ipad guy to record bald fat guy and send you the video it will save you a trip. Maybe Ipad guy will post it on BOTC?
who is the 5th grade cudas Blue and 5th grade cudas Orange Express team?
Is this a full team split for winter or is this 2 teams? which team is better?

[Linked Image]

If you can get Ipad guy to record bald fat guy and send you the video it will save you a trip. Maybe Ipad guy will post it on BOTC?

What team is iPad dad ?
Probably United
Actually smash
How about this weekends results?

I must say from seeing how global sports post results they are better equipped on posting actual score not like how Rockstar gives a W or L .

[Linked Image]
Can someone post the latest schedule for next weekend and the games that are scheduled to be played during the February break week too.
Global league is PAL "B" talent, at best. 8-9yo's play at 9pm.

Global reports wins, losses, score, goals for, goals against and total (season) goal differential. 100% Unnecessary.

Posting all that crap just leads to idiots talking trash on BOTC. The 2013 Hub winter league used the same system as Global for their score postings and all the idiots on here ran their mouths.

If your team is any good people will know it, you don't need to tell them.
Can someone post the latest schedule for next weekend and the games that are scheduled to be played during the February break week too.
BOTC will post that information shortly - please note that earlier in this thread, we had a preliminary copy of the Week #5 Schedule, but will top it off with the latest information.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Global reports wins, losses, score, goals for, goals against and total (season) goal differential. 100% Unnecessary.

Posting all that crap just leads to idiots talking trash on BOTC. The 2013 Hub winter league used the same system as Global for their score postings and all the idiots on here ran their mouths.

Completely agree. While the kids get a kick out of seeing the results posted online, it leads to an overemphasis on results (if possible) and coaches/parents getting even more crazy than we already are (if possible). You know if you won or lost and what your record is. Why do you need to know about everyone else.

Completely agree. While the kids get a kick out of seeing the results posted online, it leads to an overemphasis on results (if possible) and coaches/parents getting even more crazy than we already are (if possible). You know if you won or lost and what your record is. Why do you need to know about everyone else.
This is a league. If you do not want scores, schedules, and standings, you should rent indoor time and stage your own scrimmages.

BOTC has never understood why some are against having results recorded and published - recording results is not "anti-developmental". Recorded head-to-head results allow for better seeding at tournaments, less lopsided competition, less "sand bagging" to win trophies, and will ultimately improve the level of competition. You could argue that recorded results lead to better and more equal development.
well said

It's not "B" level talent! It's coaches who understand the importance of having a schedule that is put out in advance and stuck to during the season. Kids these days should be playing other sports and this allows them to. I don't see anyone running their mouth on the Globall thread! Just the idiots that over pay to play in a poorly run league. My son's team played in Rockstar last year and we learned that it was poorly run. My son's team plays at Globall this year and they play early on Friday night or early Sunday morning, leaving plenty of time to play basketball or get school work done, or be a kid and go hang out with friends!

I see kids with all kinds of travel team helmets, 91, Express, Jeesters, Icon, Igloo, to name a few, on the players of these town teams playing in Globall. The coaches are going above and beyond to keep these kids playing. You have to remember, just cause you spend more doesn't mean you get more! Enjoy not knowing if your game will be played or won't be played until you show up and leave the other winter leagues out of it!
On a purely positive note, I am a northport parent and my sons team played A team called No Name last weekend, the kids played hard, the coaches were quiet, the parents were respectful, the game was close and all in all it was a hard played fun physical youth lacrosse game. There was a tiny little kid on no name that played with more heart and skill than just about any kid I have ever seen. No controversy just a great matchup and a lot of fun.
So says Revolution Director.

My orig post was to say additional 'stats' were unnecessary when posting results.

Cage... I'm with you, results should be posted, just not all the extras that Global reports. I'm proud of my Sons Rockstar record.

Rockstar is overpriced, but it's where all the top teams play. You've got to play the Big Dogs to be a Big Dog.

Global is a 'B' level league, except for the 2 Sand Bagging Daler Nation teams. There is nothing wrong with B level, it's a great way to develope players.
Many top "A" players play at global but I agree the teams are "B" level. Having said that it has been a great league and very fun. It is winter lacrosse so I don't mind playing against "B" teams on a field that is about four times the size of Syosset. Winter lacrosse is to have fun and get ready for spring. These "A" teams you talk about have player missing on any given day or may have had kids that are not even plaing on the winter team. Who cares which league is better just make sure the kids have fun !!!

Rockstar Indoor League - Session 2, Week 4 Results

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I saw agirls team play yesterday before my daughters game - I neversawthem before - are they new and where arethey based out of?
Somebody told me that "Rockstar" lacrosse - the ones that organize this disaster of a league is actually Team 91 - is that accurate?
I think the south shore - I remember during tryouts a lot of people talking about this team as the guy who started it stole a bunch of kids from Turf Island or something like that. I saw them there last night - their 6th grade girls team beat a 5th grade girls team. They looked ok but would have thought they would have blown out a team where most of the kids were a year (and in some cases more than a year) younger. It is their first year so who knows.
Somebody told me that "Rockstar" lacrosse - the ones that organize this disaster of a league is actually Team 91 - is that accurate?

Team 91, DLT, Proplayer, Rockstar, Lax Fest, Shamrock Shootout, Mylacrossetournaments.com, Wreckless Lacrosse etc...the list is endless....there are about 4 guys who run almost every aspect of Long Island Lacrosse (I wish I was the 5th...lol)
Saturday produced a lot of exciting games , nice to see close games rather than 20 goal blow outs
really ? close games ??? I guess you didn't watch my team lose by 15
Atleast you had games, showed up at The Sports Arena to be told Rockstar never booked the field for the 4 games that were on the schedule.
who is this team NO NAME saw them play Saturday the game was not close a team like that should play up a lot of talent on that team r they local that was a score that was not close
who is this team NO NAME saw them play Saturday the game was not close a team like that should play up a lot of talent on that team r they local that was a score that was not close

A bunch of igloo players
FYI team no name is all 4 th graders playing up in the 5 th grade division
d

This has been covered before NO NAME is just a group of kids from various towns. Some play for club teams and some don't. The game you are referring to No Name was playing up. No name is 4th graders playing against 5th graders. All kids play all different positions. It's just some extra lax for some kids who like to play.

A bunch of igloo players

Not true, some igloo, some 91, some other clubs some non-club, sometimes new kids, always a small group and always winning . Always some parent asking who they are and commenting how good they...it's a threatening fact that some of the best young laxers can get together and play great lax. And no pressure to win, no club like costs just great lax

A bunch of igloo players

Not true, some igloo, some 91, some other clubs some non-club, sometimes new kids, always a small group and always winning . Always some parent asking who they are and commenting how good they...it's a threatening fact that some of the best young laxers can get together and play great lax. And no pressure to win, no club like costs just great lax
i think its great to see a group of good lacrosse players play together its makes them better players to play with kids there level and they play up nice to see good lacrosse at the 4th grade level
list]
[*]
Sad CSH Dad strikes again

The same dad who no one in CSH wants coaching!

The same dad who no one in CSH wants coaching!

I thought his son is 2020
Younger one is 2022. Dad has no lax background but money to burn to buy his way into the lax scene. No Name is stacked with local CSH talent. Kids are very good at a young age but puberty and natural ability will be the great equalizer. They are not the innocent "just getting extra lax in" as they pretend.
Younger one is 2022. Dad has no lax background but money to burn to buy his way into the lax scene. No Name is stacked with local CSH talent. Kids are very good at a young age but puberty and natural ability will be the great equalizer. They are not the innocent "just getting extra lax in" as they pretend.

You really need to get a hobby and stop obsessing over kids that are not your concern. Focus on yourb own kid-seems like you need to

He went out and recruited kids to play - that is the bottom line.
I think anyone on here read through that one.

You really need to get a hobby and stop obsessing over kids that are not your concern. Focus on yourb own kid-seems like you need to
well said or maybe he's jealous these kids that play on that team work hard to be were they are that's way they are the best at there age they don't buy there way they earn it to play
i Have seen that team play a couple times this winter ,anyone of those players would be a star on any of the club teams, lax iq along with impressive skills blows me away to find out there only 4th graders!! way to go long island

well said or maybe he's jealous these kids that play on that team work hard to be were they are that's way they are the best at there age they don't buy there way they earn it to play

Enough about this team already. It's a bunch of kids who a dad assembled to play some games. Some are very good and some are pretty good. They play up and do well. Big deal.
i Have seen that team play a couple times this winter ,anyone of those players would be a star on any of the club teams, lax iq along with impressive skills blows me away to find out there only 4th graders!! way to go long island
Nice to here some positive comments for those kids keep playing hard boys
Nice to here some positive comments for those kids keep playing hard boys

Why have you been watching a random 4th grade team? Hmmm, maybe your son is one of these "stars". Funny!
actually im a northport dad watched them beat us by 1 then waiting fOR my sons game to start on saturday saw them playing before our game
LETS GO "NO NAME " 3&4 graders playing up against 5th grade teams I love it . The way it should be TRAVEL TEAMS SHOULD ALWAYS PLAY UP WHEN TOWN TEAMS ARE INVOLVED . BUT SOME LIKE TO SAND BAG and COUNT THE W'S INSTEAD OF GETTING BETTER
Just curious where is the week 5 and 6 rockstar results?

[Linked Image]
Any scores from last weekend ?
Who cares about indoor scores. Doesn't mean much. B travel teams playing up vs town teams.
Indoor scores...come on dude ???

Any scores from last weekend ?
© US Lacrosse Community Forum