Schedule is out at USlacrosse.org

Could be a repeat or better for LI Teams

Could see 4 in final excluding outlaws they are
Not talented enough especially after losses to
Jesters who were missing 7 players and a loss
To Express, besides the fact they're the only
LI program that didn't qualify and received an at
Large which was not deserved!

You are clearly well-educated. How old were you when you dropped out of middle school?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: U15 Championship Disney -
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Laxparentmo
Schedule is out at USlacrosse.org

Could be a repeat or better for LI Teams

Could see 4 in final excluding outlaws they are
Not talented enough especially after losses to
Jesters who were missing 7 players and a loss
To Express, besides the fact they're the only
LI program that didn't qualify and received an at
Large which was not deserved!

You are clearly well-educated. How old were you when you dropped out of middle school?

Looks like they are still in Middle School. grin
You sir r a tool!
Don't discount the California teams - they are big, very strong, fast and extremely well conditioned. The heat will not be a problem for them, they are built for it. Anybody who takes them lightly will be going home early.
Early favorites - Dukes.
Hahahah u talk about us on this forum u should grow a set of balls and challenge us and play us face to face and ill wreck you
And fl$ belongs?? They lost to a town team syosset yesterday
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Brackets

July 24th through July 26th, 2012

Girls Pool Play, Tuesday, July 24th

Girls Championship Brackets
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Brackets

July 27th through July 29th, 2012

Boys Pool Play, Friday, July 27th

Boys Championship Brackets
And fl$ belongs?? They lost to a town team syosset yesterday

They are playing up in the varsity bracket. Give them credit, many of them have not played varsity for their HS yet and many probably won't next Spring either. If they were playing in the JV bracket and lost to Syosset, that would be news. Not the case though.
For your info most kids on the syosset varsity team is Mostly kids going into tenth and 6 upper classmen and some dont even get on the field
For your info most kids on the syosset varsity team is Mostly kids going into tenth and 6 upper classmen and some dont even get on the field

Sr. All american goalie signed with Hopkins, Sr. Middy signed with Cornell, Jr. pole signed with Ohio St. and best Attack player on fl$ and Syo and played with Syo. this was not a 2015 team by any way shape or form, good job by fl$ for stepping up in class
fl$ tourney in Maryland this weekend should be interesting with LI Express, fl$, Jesters, Green Turtle and Looney's. Should be a preview of Disney U 15. Looney's U15 could be team to beat.
fl$ tourney in Maryland this weekend should be interesting with LI Express, fl$, Jesters, Green Turtle and Looney's. Should be a preview of Disney U 15. Looney's U15 could be team to beat.

The Express team going to this tournament is not 2015 Orange - its a subset of the Express 2nd team. Basically any kid that was available since this was a late add. They have some good players going but will not be anywhere close to the same class as Express Orange or the other teams mentioned above. Express Orange will be healthy and ready to go in Florida to bring home the hardware.

The sad thing is you are referring to 2015 teams, who should NOT be considered U15. The US Lacrosse U15 tournament is a complete joke. In order to be competitive, you have to send your rising sophomore team because of the bogus age rule US Lacrosse has for this one tournament.
who do you think should be considered U15?

The sad thing is you are referring to 2015 teams, who should NOT be considered U15. The US Lacrosse U15 tournament is a complete joke. In order to be competitive, you have to send your rising sophomore team because of the bogus age rule US Lacrosse has for this one tournament.

Most LI 2015 teams are 75%+ 1997 birth year, a kid born 12/31/96 would not have been eligible based on last years rules but he would still be an age appropriate 2015 - this year with the date change to 8/31/96 I would guess 99.9% of long Island 2015 players are eligible - this is a true 2015 age appropriate tournament.

If you are in HS and have played for your HS team, you should not be playing U15. That's the way it's done in nearly every tournament, this one being the most prominent exception.

If you are in HS and have played for your HS team, you should not be playing U15. That's the way it's done in nearly every tournament, this one being the most prominent exception.

That rule seems ridiculous anyway just because some kid is exceptional at age 15 and played at the high school level or because some kid lives in a district that has a poor high school team so he was brought up should not prevent him from playing at his age in these tournaments.
As long as it's the same rules for everyone, who cares? I personally like it better the way it is than if they defined it to be younger.
It is ridiculous because these are long standing rules that US Lacrosse has waived for this tournament just to get more entries.

A kid who plays for his HS team has a huge advantage over a kid who just finished 8th grade (e.g. exposure to HS coaching, practice, games, competition, etc.) That's why the rule was established in the 1st place.

When you're in HS, you should be focused on playing HS teams and getting recruiting looks - not flying to FL to win a mythical U15 championship against other Rising Sophomores.
It is ridiculous because these are long standing rules that US Lacrosse has waived for this tournament just to get more entries.

A kid who plays for his HS team has a huge advantage over a kid who just finished 8th grade (e.g. exposure to HS coaching, practice, games, competition, etc.) That's why the rule was established in the 1st place.

When you're in HS, you should be focused on playing HS teams and getting recruiting looks - not flying to FL to win a mythical U15 championship against other Rising Sophomores.

I'm huge fan of trying to keep age requirements in place for lax tourns. However, as they get a little older and they play in the HS Divisions, the age issue only gets worse. In the more intense tournaments you have Prep School kids that are PG's. 19 yr olds playing against kids who may have just turned 16. Talk about men playing boys!!! On the flip side, your son will get better playing tougher bigger and stronger competition. Maybe tough for some teams that are used to winning all the time. Also, tough on kids who at their age are superstars. It can be humbling.
That is why kids who have played HS ball should be playing against HS kids in HS tournaments - not against 8th graders in U15 events. My son is entering HS now and I wouldn't want his team wasting time beating up on 8th graders. I want his team to be playing in recruiting events in front of college coaches.

The teams that send their 2015 teams to that Florida tournament are a joke.

why stop there? I think kids over 5' 11" should not be allowed, and maybe have speed and agility testing and kids that are just too fast should also not be allowed, I would definitely not allow kids that shoot too hard, and no kid that goes to Chaminade would be allowed because if they went to a public school they would be on varsity. We need to balance the playing field and make this for players of the lowest common denominators - let's call it the Harrison Bergeron tournament of champions......or, another ides might be to allow any kid that was born after 9/1/1996 - just a thought.
That is why kids who have played HS ball should be playing against HS kids in HS tournaments - not against 8th graders in U15 events. My son is entering HS now and I wouldn't want his team wasting time beating up on 8th graders. I want his team to be playing in recruiting events in front of college coaches.

If that is the case then they should change the age requirement. They just adjusted it to allow some 2014's to go!

So the tournament should be for kids that are U15 but either not good enough to play on there HS team or that go to a High School that is good enough that they don't need to bring up 9th and 10th graders? and by high school ball does that include JV? because it would not be much of a U15 tournament if you did not include kids that played any high school, I think that would have to be a U14 or even U13.

Notice how even though the age limit was relaxed, the 2015 Crabs still don't go.

You are a complete tool, why does it bother people so much that they try to put together a true U15 national championship, every college coach I have spoken with are barely looking at kids in this age group so why not have a true national championship tournament. Sounds like a lot of you guys are jealous of these kids, and no I do not have a kid attending

why stop there? I think kids over 5' 11" should not be allowed, and maybe have speed and agility testing and kids that are just too fast should also not be allowed, I would definitely not allow kids that shoot too hard, and no kid that goes to Chaminade would be allowed because if they went to a public school they would be on varsity. We need to balance the playing field and make this for players of the lowest common denominators - let's call it the Harrison Bergeron tournament of champions......or, another ides might be to allow any kid that was born after 9/1/1996 - just a thought.

Hyperbole much?

So the tournament should be for kids that are U15 but either not good enough to play on there HS team or that go to a High School that is good enough that they don't need to bring up 9th and 10th graders? and by high school ball does that include JV? because it would not be much of a U15 tournament if you did not include kids that played any high school, I think that would have to be a U14 or even U13.

All of the best U15 clubs are filled with kids who are Rising Freshman. They don't have Rising Sophomores playing U15 because those kids want to play HS competition, not MS kids. Sorry to break it to you, but most areas of the country don't allow MS kids to play for JV teams because of injury concerns. Apparently Long Island likes to do that, which is weird.

You are a complete tool, why does it bother people so much that they try to put together a true U15 national championship, every college coach I have spoken with are barely looking at kids in this age group so why not have a true national championship tournament. Sounds like a lot of you guys are jealous of these kids, and no I do not have a kid attending

It is nowhere near a true U15 national tournament. If there was one, they wouldn't have it in Florida, making it cost prohibitive for many families. Having one in the Mid-Atlantic of in the Tri-State area would make their claim a lot more legitimate.
let it go already - we can all find faults in anything they try to do, every U15 team in the country had a chance to either be invited or go to a regional and earn a berth, I am sure the U19 internationals are not to your liking because they are in Europe and some kids play in college and some just finished HS. it is what it is....move on
some interesting pool play games -
fl$ v. DH Lax (CA)
Outlaws v. Blue Devil Elite (fla)
Ballers v. Looneys
Express v. 3D (CO)
Exp V. No Cal

3 Norcal teams going, anybody know who the top one is?
I don't understand how the yellow jackets has 2 teams in the championship. How did they both get to be automatic qualifiers?
have you seen them play? hard to imagine 25 teams in the country better then the two best YJ teams -

It is nowhere near a true U15 national tournament. If there was one, they wouldn't have it in Florida, making it cost prohibitive for many families. Having one in the Mid-Atlantic of in the Tri-State area would make their claim a lot more legitimate.

What is the hottest 2 week stretch of weather in north america?
What is the hottest most humid state in the US?
Let's schedule the tournament then and there??????

The only thing that makes sense is they make many and all team miserable with the travel equally.
temperature and chance of rain this week

LarryMiller Baltimore
Today 88 50% 96 30%
Tuesday 93 30% 98 20%
Wednesday 92 20% 92 0%
Thursday 92 10% 99 20%
Friday 94 0% 94 30%
Saturday 93 30% 93 30%
Sunday 91 10% 93 30%

And LarryMiller is the happiest place on earth - Baltimore.....not so much

Here I sit in a LarryMiller with my daughter ready to play at the U-15 and let me put in my personal opinions of what I've seen on this thread.

1- To have this event in Disney is cost prohibitive but you must understand that for U.S. Lacrosse to grow the sport this is probably the correct venue because it will receive national attention while other sports like Baseball, Softball, Basketball and Field Hockey also hold major tournaments in the same venue at the same time.When the event was in it's infancy it was held in MD. and got no press.

2-as far as the Girls side of this event goes it provides a major opportunity for girls that are either rising Freshman, or rising sophomores to gain a lot of exposure for themselves to college coaches especially if there from the from non-traditional hot beds. Those parents complaining about there sons having to compete against high school kids confuse me, , a high school freshman should be 14 turning 15 this year so why are you complaining, they are the reason the U-15 group was chosen , It is very late in the season and most tourneys are over and now is the time that college coaches start looking at the younger years to see who is good. If your club is sending a middle school team to this event you need to talk to your director because they don't know what there doing. You should look at Long Island as the example and not complain, but copy there format. Your freshman boys are being robbed of a prime opportunity.

3- As far the Yellow Jackets goes, they don't send down whole teams, but select girls from many teams, so please stop misrepresenting the facts. I am sure the A team will be very strong , but the B team might be suspect. and none of them won anything or real importance this year so maybe we should relax and just enjoy the games.
The response above misses the mark on many points. The amount of national "pub" this tournament receives is nominal at best. ESPN doesn't talk about, let alone show, any of the tournament games. All you get is a 10 second montage of the winner as they have a promo that shows the various winners at this ESPN "event" from the various sports.

US Lacrosse moved the tournament down to Florida for one reason only - to make more money. Although it helps grow the game somewhat to make it easier/cheaper for SE teams to attend, it wasn't done for any altruistic purposes. Putting the tournament in MD and/or the Tri-State area would serve the lax community the most. Those teams from non hotbed areas would still pay the same to travel, and you would capture a better collection of top teams. The reason why USL changes the U15 age policy for this tournament is the same reason why it was moved to FL - more money.
Here I sit in a LarryMiller with my daughter ready to play at the U-15 and let me put in my personal opinions of what I've seen on this thread.

1- To have this event in Disney is cost prohibitive but you must understand that for U.S. Lacrosse to grow the sport this is probably the correct venue because it will receive national attention while other sports like Baseball, Softball, Basketball and Field Hockey also hold major tournaments in the same venue at the same time.When the event was in it's infancy it was held in MD. and got no press.

2-as far as the Girls side of this event goes it provides a major opportunity for girls that are either rising Freshman, or rising sophomores to gain a lot of exposure for themselves to college coaches especially if there from the from non-traditional hot beds. Those parents complaining about there sons having to compete against high school kids confuse me, , a high school freshman should be 14 turning 15 this year so why are you complaining, they are the reason the U-15 group was chosen , It is very late in the season and most tourneys are over and now is the time that college coaches start looking at the younger years to see who is good. If your club is sending a middle school team to this event you need to talk to your director because they don't know what there doing. You should look at Long Island as the example and not complain, but copy there format. Your freshman boys are being robbed of a prime opportunity.

3- As far the Yellow Jackets goes, they don't send down whole teams, but select girls from many teams, so please stop misrepresenting the facts. I am sure the A team will be very strong , but the B team might be suspect. and none of them won anything or real importance this year so maybe we should relax and just enjoy the games.

This is no place to vent your rational diatribe - please say something negative and without merit or you are just wasting all of our time here. joking aside, thank you for you perspective, enjoy the week and good luck to your daughter, we are coming down Thursday and really looking forward to it.
fl$ couldn't even make the final 4 of their own tournament. See the results of the tournament below. Anyone think they can make the final 4 of a national tournament? Not gonna happen. Kiss that title goodbye.

http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/k158523.htm

They actually did make the final four
Wrong division
at least post the link to the correct year.

http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/k158524.htm

The fl$ 2015 team is going to the U-15 tournament this year, not the 2016 team. The fl$ 2015 team did not make the final 4 of their own tournament this past weekend.
Dukes will go undefeated.

July 24th through July 26th, 2012

Girls Pool Play, Tuesday, July 24th

Girls Championship Brackets

Long Island Matchups for Tuesday, July 24th

9:00am : Long Island Liberty vs. Houston
10:00am: Long Island Top Guns vs. Sky Walkers 2015 Blue
10:00am: Long Island Yellow Jackets #1 vs. Be More Lax (MD)
10:00am: Long Island Yellow Jackets #2 vs. Eagle Stix Atlanta

11:00am: Long Island Liberty vs. Utah
12:00pm: Long Island Top Guns vs. Washington State
12:00pm: Long Island Yellow Jackets #1 vs. Triple Threat (CA)
12:00pm: Long Island Yellow Jackets #2 vs. North Carolina

1:00pm : Long Island Liberty vs. Nor Cal Elite Green (CA)
2:00pm : Long Island Top Guns vs. Coast2Coast NorCal
2:00pm : Long Island Yellow Jackets #1 vs. Lone Star (TX)
2:00pm : Long Island Yellow Jackets #2 vs. Nor Cal Elite Blue

Teams will be seeded this evening with Championship Bracket play starting on Wednesday, July 25th at 11:00am.
any rosters yet? Long island teams are doing great down in Florida!
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Results

Pool Play Results for Tuesday, July 24th

9:00 am Games

StickBenders (Fla.) 11, Pacific Falcons Blue 8 (Calif.)
Cardinal (Va.) 16, Connecticut Dodgers 1
Long Island Liberty (N.Y.) 14, Houston (Texas) 2
Norcal Elite Green 18, Utah 1
Lax Maniax (Fla.) 12, Desert Heat (Ariz.) 5
Top of the Bay (Md.) 14, Lightning (Ga.) 3

10:00 am Games

Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.) 8, Sky Walkers 2015 Blue (Md.) 7
Coast2Coast Norcal 6, Washington State 5
Triple Threat National (Calif.) 15, Lonestar (Texas) 1
Yellow Jackets Team 1 (N.Y.) 14, Be More Lax (Md.) 2
Norcal Elite Blue (Calif.) 8, North Carolina 7
Yellow Jackets Team 2 (N.Y.) 13, Eagle Stix Atlanta (Ga.) 3

11:00 am Halftime Results

Liberty 8, Utah 2. Kellen Dalleva and Sarah Phillips 2g each for Liberty.

Lightning 8, Desert Heat 4. Erin McBride with a hat trick already for the Georgians.

Coyotes Fusion 5, Lax Maniax 3. Rachel Cowan with 2 goals for the US Lacrosse Central Region Champion Coyotes Fusion.

Norcal Elite Green 7, Houston 2. Seven players have scored for the US Lacrosse West Regional Champions.

Pacific Falcons Blue 4, Connecticut Dodgers 2. Olivia Johnson with both for the Dodgers. Four Falcons have scored.

Live Lookback on the 10am Games

The Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 1) defeated Be More Lax, 14-4, to start their club title defense. Samantha Giacolone made five saves for the Long Island squad while Be More LAX's Taylor Goodman made six saves with "second half" Alyssa Danick made two. Ortega had four goals to pace the Yellow Jackets, who went on a 6-0 run early in the second half to break open a 4-2 game.

The fl$ 2015 team is going to the U-15 tournament this year, not the 2016 team. The fl$ 2015 team did not make the final 4 of their own tournament this past weekend.

first off I am not an fl$ parent or fan but I wanted to address this nonsense. there were four brackets and each bracket played a round robin poll, the winners of the four brackets played in the semi finals. fl$ lost in the first game to the eventual champions so they were basically eliminated on Friday night, they then won the rest of their games. it is very possible that they were the second best or even the best team in the tournament but never had a chance to win it once they lost the first game. If they swept the Pool Play people would have been saying that they set up an easy pool because it was their own tournament. fl$ is a very good team with a few great players and will do well in FLA until they face the Express, who is the best 2015 team on the island

11:00 am Results

Pacific Falcons Blue (Calif.) 11, Connecticut Dodgers 3
Cardinal (Va.) 9, StickBenders 9
Liberty (N.Y.) 12, Utah 3
Norcal Elite Green 15, Houston (Texas) 6
Lightning (Ga.) 12, Desert Heat (Ariz.) 11
Coyotes Fusion (Colo.) 8, Lax Maniax (Fla.) 7

12:00 pm Results

Sky Walkers 2015 Blue 19, Coast2Coast Norcal 0
LI Top Guns 15, Washington State 1
Yellow Jackets Team 1 13, Triple Threat 3
Be More Lax 13, Lonestar 4
Norcal Elite Blue 18, Eagle Stix Atlanta 5
Yellow Jackets Team 2 10, North Carolina 4

1:00 pm Results

StickBenders 14, Connecticut Dodgers 2
Cardinal 12, Pacific Falcons Blue 7
Liberty 9, Norcal Elite Green 4
Houston 12, Utah 5
Top of the Bay 11, Coyotes Fusion 3
Lax Maniax 10, Lightning 9

first off I am not an fl$ parent or fan but I wanted to address this nonsense. there were four brackets and each bracket played a round robin poll, the winners of the four brackets played in the semi finals. fl$ lost in the first game to the eventual champions so they were basically eliminated on Friday night, they then won the rest of their games. it is very possible that they were the second best or even the best team in the tournament but never had a chance to win it once they lost the first game. If they swept the Pool Play people would have been saying that they set up an easy pool because it was their own tournament. fl$ is a very good team with a few great players and will do well in FLA until they face the Express, who is the best 2015 team on the island

I heard that were it not for some last minute heroics they could have easily went 2-3 on the weekend. This is not a great team like it used to be or the competition has caught up. They will be on a flight home by the time they would have met the Express.
Originally Posted by CageSage

11:00 am Halftime Results

Liberty 8, Utah 2. Kellen Dalleva and Sarah Phillips 2g each for Liberty.

Lightning 8, Desert Heat 4. Erin McBride with a hat trick already for the Georgians.

Coyotes Fusion 5, Lax Maniax 3. Rachel Cowan with 2 goals for the US Lacrosse Central Region Champion Coyotes Fusion.

Norcal Elite Green 7, Houston 2. Seven players have scored for the US Lacrosse West Regional Champions.

Pacific Falcons Blue 4, Connecticut Dodgers 2. Olivia Johnson with both for the Dodgers. Four Falcons have scored.

The Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 1) defeated Be More Lax, 14-4, to start their club title defense. Samantha Giacolone made five saves for the Long Island squad while Be More LAX's Taylor Goodman made six saves with "second half" Alyssa Danick made two. Ortega had four goals to pace the Yellow Jackets, who went on a 6-0 run early in the second half to break open a 4-2 game.
nice work sage, how about the other L.I. teams? Or do you just do yellow jackets to get on Carols good side?

Looking forward to the entire fl$ 2015 (except the two or three that can make it) trying out for the Express again. LOL

nice work sage, how about the other L.I. teams? Or do you just do yellow jackets to get on Carols good side?
Covered this one game from press reports given that the team was the defending champion coming into the event. We will see where the seeding places them come the end of today's pool play action.

2:00 pm Results

LI Top Guns 14, Coast2Coast NorCal 3
Sky Walkers 2015 Blue 24, Washington State 1
Be More Lax 7, Triple Threat National 7
Yellow Jackets Team 1 16, Lonestar 0
North Carolina 18, Eagle Stix Atlanta 7
Yellow Jackets Team 2 9, NorCal Elite Blue 4
Please note that we received a phone call indicated that the fields have been cleared at Disney due to a passing storm. Weather has been hot all day (temperatures in the 90s) with mixed sun/clouds.

Only two 3:00pm games remain to be played from pool play action. Will update with scores should the games be played.

YJ have a good percentage of 2014 bc of the new age rule. Some of these girls have gone for three years straight which is ridiculous. CR figured she would add a second team this year bc she did this...it's funny how she could care less about anyone other then her top teams!!! After this it's evident!!!
From blogger report at the field : From our vantage point, the rain has lightened, but that doesn't mean much. Disney staff are monitoring radar and will give the all-clear when it's safe to play again.

Looking forward to the entire fl$ 2015 (except the two or three that can make it) trying out for the Express again. LOL

Since most of the fl$ 2015 tried out for Express Orange and didn't make it and went back to fl$, you could conclude that fl$ is trying to beat Express with kids that Express didn't think were better than what they already had. We'll see if the talent evaluation by Express was right or not. Needless to say the Express will be happy to take the tryout fees from the fl$ parents again in October for spots on the Express Blue (or White).
seems like the Long Island young lady's are doing well....keep it up!!!! - I only have a boys that play so I do not have a dog in the fight, just want a LI team to win and hopefully have 3 others in the final four

Since most of the fl$ 2015 tried out for Express Orange and didn't make it and went back to fl$, you could conclude that fl$ is trying to beat Express with kids that Express didn't think were better than what they already had. We'll see if the talent evaluation by Express was right or not. Needless to say the Express will be happy to take the tryout fees from the fl$ parents again in October for spots on the Express Blue (or White).

If fl$ had tryouts in early September a lot of Express (and others) would have gone to fl$ tryouts - this was a big crossover year with kids finally in High School and feeling pressure or no longer feeling pressure to play on certain teams - and you had many many kids going to multiple tryouts and some changing teams and many more not changing teams. I think kids just wanted to see where they stood. fl$ is a great organization and the 2015 team has plenty of kids that could make any team that they tried out for.

YJ have a good percentage of 2014 bc of the new age rule. Some of these girls have gone for three years straight which is ridiculous. CR figured she would add a second team this year bc she did this...it's funny how she could care less about anyone other then her top teams!!! After this it's evident!!!

For your info their are only 2 2014 kids on the roster

If fl$ had tryouts in early September a lot of Express (and others) would have gone to fl$ tryouts - this was a big crossover year with kids finally in High School and feeling pressure or no longer feeling pressure to play on certain teams - and you had many many kids going to multiple tryouts and some changing teams and many more not changing teams. I think kids just wanted to see where they stood. fl$ is a great organization and the 2015 team has plenty of kids that could make any team that they tried out for.

Except Express Orange. LoL

I guarantee that if the fl$ tryouts were before Express that they would draw no more than 1 or 2 bubble kids from the Express Orange for the tryout. Can't say the same for fl$.

3:00 pm Results

Coyotes Fusion 12, Desert Heat 8
Top of the Bay 15, Lax Maniax 6

Covered this one game from press reports given that the team was the defending champion coming into the event. We will see where the seeding places them come the end of today's pool play action.
ok, if you say so
Only two of the girls are 2014.

One from blue team Thorn and one from skakandi. The rest are 2015 two blues and some defo 16s.
Great job girls!

YJ have a good percentage of 2014 bc of the new age rule. Some of these girls have gone for three years straight which is ridiculous. CR figured she would add a second team this

year bc she did this...it's funny how she could
care less about anyone other then her top
teams!!! After this it's evident!!!

Your whole post is nonsense. Nothing could be further from the truth. By adding second team it gives even more girls a great experience! Go YJs!
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Rosters

Girls Team Rosters

Boys Team Rosters
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Championship Bracket Seedings

Championship Bracket Pairings and Schedules

1. Long Island Yellow Jackets Team #1
2. Long Island Liberty
3. Long Island Yellow Jackets Team #2
4. Long Island Top Guns
5. Top of the Bay
6. Cardinal
7. Stickbenders
8. SkyWalkers
9. NorCal Green
10. NorCal Blue
11. Coyotes Fusion
12. Triple Threat
13. Be More Lax
14. Lax Maniax
15. North Carolina
16. Pacific Falcons
17. Houston
18. Lightning
19. NorCal Coast2Coast
20. Desert Heat
21. Connecticut Dodgers
22. Utah
23. LoneStar
24. Washington
25. Eagle STX
Congratulations Yellow Jackets and coach Rose -- you deserve it.

One from blue team Thorn and one from skakandi. The rest are 2015 two blues and some defo 16s.
Great job girls!

There are several talented 2015s that could have gone, no need to take 2016s. POLITICS as always.

Great job girls!

There are several talented 2015s that could have gone, no need to take 2016s. POLITICS as always.

sorry to hear it may have been politics but from what I understand from today's games, the 2016s played great.
Taking Rising JUNIORS to a U15 tournament? LOL.
that's not the point

Great job girls!

sorry to hear it may have been politics but from what I understand from today's games, the 2016s played great.
Will you people please take your internal Yellow Jacket fighting to your own thread. It's pretty classless to air your dirty laundry on a thread dedicated to A tournament where other Long Island teams are attending and also doing well.

Great job girls!

Noone said the 2016 players were not good. Rather there were 2015s that could have filled the role
is cr coaching the team?
Review from Day One, US Lacrosse Link

Seven teams survived the first day of the US Lacrosse Girls' U15 National Championship, powered by Lacrosse Unlimited, unbeaten at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, setting the stage for the start of the 25-team single-elimination bracket tomorrow.

Two-time defending national champion Yellow Jackets Team 1 (N.Y.) earned the top seed, cruising past Be More Lax (Md.), Triple Threat National (Calif.) and Lonestar (Texas). The Long Island Liberty (N.Y.), Yellow Jackets Team 2, Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.) and Top of the Bay (Md.) round out the top five seeds, each with a 3-0 record. Cardinal (Va.) and the StickBenders (Fla.) each posted 2-0-1 marks on the day.
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Day Two Results

9:30am Play-In Opening Round Games

No. 13 Be More Lax (MD) 17, No. 20 Desert Heat (AZ) 7
No. 12 Triple Threat (CA) 8, No. 21 Connecticut Dodgers 7
No. 14 Lax Maniax (FL) 16, No. 19 Coast2Coast NorCal 4
No. 11 Coyotes Fusion (CO) 18, No. 22 Utah 3

8:00am Play-In Opening Round Games

No. 16 Pacific Falcons Blue (CA) 11, No. 17 Houston (TX) 8
No. 9 NorCal Elite Green 18, No. 24 Washington State 4
No. 8 Sky Walkers 2015 Blue (MD) 23, No. 25 Eagle Stix Atlanta (GA) 4
No. 15 North Carolina 18, No. 18 Lightning (GA) 14
No. 10 NorCal Elite Blue 17, No. 23 Lonestar (TX) 3

11:00am Second Round Matches

No. 1 Yellow Jackets Team 1 (NY) vs. No. 16 Pacific Falcons Blue
No. 8 Sky Walkers 2015 Blue vs. No. 9 NorCal Elite Green
No. 2 Long Island Liberty (NY) vs. No. 15 North Carolina
No. 7 StickBenders (FL) vs. No. 10 NorCal Elite Blue

12:30pm Second Round Matches

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns (NY) vs. No. 13 Be More Lax
No. 5 Top of the Bay (MD) vs. No. 12 Triple Threat
No. 3 Yellow Jackets Team 2 (NY) vs. No. 14 Lax Maniax
No. 6 Cardinal (VA) vs. No. 11 Coyotes Fusion

11:00am Second Round Matches, Mid-Second Half Scores

No. 1 Yellow Jackets (Team 1) 14, No. 16 Pacific Falcons Blue 2
No. 8 Sky Walkers 2015 Blue 20, No. 9 NorCal Elite Green 2
No. 2 Long Island Liberty (NY) 12, No. 15 North Carolina 6
No. 7 StickBenders (FL) 10, No. 10 NorCal Elite Blue 7
What about the no limit south shore Ballers no one seems to be talking about them
What about the no limit south shore Ballers no one seems to be talking about them
Wait until the boys action starts on Friday - all the Long Island teams will get plenty of chatter and updates!

everyone is talking about them, no one is posting about them, they are a very good looking bunch of fellas, excellent grades and very nice boys, according to one Outlaws parent they are terrible and Outlaws are going to beat them on the way to their championship.Seriously, this tournament is for second place, nobody is going to beat Express, they are just to good.

11:00am Results

No. 1 Yellow Jackets Team 1 (NY) 18, No. 16 Pacific Falcons Blue 3
No. 8 Sky Walkers 2015 Blue 24, No. 9 NorCal Elite Green 3
No. 2 Long Island Liberty (NY) 14, No. 15 North Carolina 9
No. 7 StickBenders (FL) 15, No. 10 NorCal Elite Blue 10

12:30pm Results

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns (NY) 17, No. 13 Be More Lax 3
No. 5 Top of the Bay (MD) 14, No. 12 Triple Threat 3
No. 3 Yellow Jackets Team 2 (NY) 11, No. 14 Lax Maniax 3
No. 6 Cardinal (VA) 12, No. 11 Coyotes Fusion 10

Top eight seeds make it through to the quarterfinal round. Two games will be played at 2:00pm and two games at 3:30pm. The four winners will be semifinalists for tomorrow's closing championship day.

2:00pm - Quarterfinals
No. 1 Yellow Jackets Team 1 vs. No. 8 Sky Walkers 2015 Blue
No. 2 Long Island Liberty vs. No. 7 StickBenders

3:30pm - Quarterfinals
No. 4 Long Island Top Guns vs. No. 5 Top of the Bay
No. 3 Yellow Jackets Team 2 vs. No. 6 Cardinal

In the 2:00pm games, Yellow Jackets (Team 1) lead Sky Walkers, 3-1, early in the action. Liberty have opened the scoring, 1-0, over Stickbenders.

2:00pm - Quarterfinals - Halftime Scores
No. 1 Yellow Jackets (Team 1) 8, No. 8 Sky Walkers 2015 Blue 5 (Halftime)
No. 2 Long Island Liberty 7, No. 7 StickBenders 5 (7:00 Remaining in Half)
Heard the yj have 6 cards already. Sounds right.
Hey what about the South Shore Ballers. I heard they maybe the Long Island Team to beat..

2:00pm - Quarterfinals - Second Half Updates
Yellow Jackets (Team 1) 11, Sky Walkers 2015 Blue 11 (11:00 Remaining)
Long Island Liberty 12, StickBenders 7 (15:00 Remaining)
YJ have been playing down 3 players from 16 minutes left due to cards. No denying now how they play. Ellen mins left Skywalkers 12, YJ 11.

Sky Walkers 13, Yellow Jackets (Team #1) 11 (8:00 Remaining)

Yellow Jackets have been playing three men down for several minutes now. Situation is looking very serious for the Long Island side according to field reports.

2:00pm - Quarterfinals - Final Score

Sky Walkers 14, Yellow Jackets (Team #1) 11
yJ laws to Skywalkers 14-11.

Yellow Jackets have been playing three men down for several minutes now. Situation is looking very serious for the Long Island side according to field reports.

Now I am starting to believe all the stuff i have heard about this organization, physical, dirty and they have MEN playing in a U15 girls tournament
Too Bad - I was hoping for an All Long Island final four, it would be pretty cool if YJ (2) wins the whole thing....Go Long Island

Sky Walkers 13, Yellow Jackets (Team #1) 11 (8:00 Remaining)

Finally an officiating crew who called the game properly. 6 yellows and a red card for
YJ. Sky walkers 14, YJ 11.

2:00pm - Quarterfinals - Final Scores

Sky Walkers 14, Yellow Jackets (Team #1) 11
Liberty 14, Stickbenders 10

Long Island Liberty are through to the Thursday, July 26th Semifinals along with the Skywalkers. The 3:30pm quarterfinal matches will be starting shortly.
6 Yellows and 1 Red?

Speaks volumes.

Disgraceful.

everyone is talking about them, no one is posting about them, they are a very good looking bunch of fellas, excellent grades and very nice boys, according to one Outlaws parent they are terrible and Outlaws are going to beat them on the way to their championship.Seriously, this tournament is for second place, nobody is going to beat Express, they are just to good.

Wrong. If Express got knocked out in the 2nd round of playoffs at tristate what makes anybody think they can go all the way in Florida just 2 or 3 weeks removed. Final 4 will be Dukes, NESLL, One of the Norcal teams and Express. Dukes over NESLL for Championship.
Wrong. If Express got knocked out in the 2nd round of playoffs at tristate what makes anybody think they can go all the way in Florida just 2 or 3 weeks removed. Final 4 will be Dukes, NESLL, One of the Norcal teams and Express. Dukes over NESLL for Championship.

WOW - not showing a lot of love for Long Island - 3 out of 4 of the semi's will be long island teams with Express running the table

Wrong. Looney's 2015 will be in the final four.

3:30pm - Quarterfinals - Final Scores

Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team #2) 10, Cardinal (VA) 9
Long Island Top Guns 20, Top of the Bay (MD) 8

Cardinals received five yellow cards in the game and played down two players in the second half. Three free-position shots by the Cardinal were stymied in the last five minutes of the game.

Samantha Apuzzo and Nicole Levy with four goals for Top Guns and Samantha Geiersbach had two goals and four assists. Savannah Buchannan and Grace Richards each had three for Top of the Bay.

Long Island Top Guns and Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) join the Long Island Liberty and Skywalkers in tomorrow's final four action.
6 Yellows and 1 Red?

Speaks volumes.

Disgraceful.

What's disgraceful is you will not let this issue go!! In the YJ team 2 game the Cardinals recieved 5 yellow cards as per the report on here!! Is that disgraceful or is it ok because you only have a hard one for PM team??

good catch SageCage, I am going to sit back, have a nice boarshead sandwich, cold beer and follow BOTC coverage of the Outlaws National Championship
Cardinals coaches thrown out of game too!!
yeah maybee next year CR, no way.

Way to go YJ2! Good luck tomorrow!

Way to go YJ2! Good luck tomorrow!

Would love to see yj2 v topguns for the finals!!!

Lets see if your team can do it twice like she did and don't count out team 2 made up of 2015/2016 kids they are doing great.
Great coaching by SkakandiYJ#2 .great team and good sportsmanship all around!
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Day Three Championship Round

SEMIFINALS : 8:00am
No. 2 Long Island Liberty vs. No. 3 Yellow Jackets Team 2
No. 4 Long Island Top Guns vs. No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue

THIRD-PLACE GAME : 11:00am
Semifinal losers

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME : 12:00pm
Semifinal winners
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Brackets (Pool Play)

Long Island Matchups for Friday, July 27th

9:00am : Long Island Outlaws vs. Blue Devil Elite (FL)
9:00am : No Limit Ballers vs. Jacksonville (FL)
10:00am: fl$ vs. Minnesota
10:00am: Long Island Jesters vs. NorCal Blue (CA)
10:00am: Long Island Express vs. NorCal Platinum (CA)

11:00am : Long Island Outlaws vs. Atlanta Coyotes (GA)
11:00am : No Limit Ballers vs. Illionois United/Team One
12:00pm : fl$ vs. DH LAX Elite (CA)
12:00pm : Long Island Jesters vs. Florida Swashbucklers
12:00pm : Long Island Express vs. Florida

1:00pm : Long Island Outlaws vs. NorCal Talon (CA)
1:00pm : No Limit Ballers vs. Looney's (MD)
2:00pm : fl$ vs. Bamalax (AL)
2:00pm : Long Island Jesters vs. Colorado
2:00pm : Long Island Express vs. #D Select (CO)
I just want to say I believe the South Shore Ballers will win it all they are that good and more importantly the best Coaching going down there. The team is well balanced and the best defense out there. Lets get the games on and see where this goes.
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Day Three Results

SEMIFINALS : 8:00am, First Half Scores, In Progress

No. 2 Long Island Liberty 2, No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 2
(7:00 Remaining, First Half)

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 4, No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 3
(9:00 Remaining, First Half)

SEMIFINALS : 8:00am, First Half Scores, In Progress

No. 2 Long Island Liberty 2, No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 2
(7:00 Remaining, First Half)

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 4, No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 3
(9:00 Remaining, First Half)

How much of an upset would it be if neither YJ team made it to the finals?
Who coaches them?

SEMIFINALS : 8:00am, Halftime Scores

No. 2 Long Island Liberty 3, No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 3
(Halftime)

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 4, No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 4
(Halftime)

SEMIFINALS : 8:00am, Second Half Scores, In Progress

No. 2 Long Island Liberty 3, No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 4
(Early Second Half)

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 4, No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 5
(Early Second Half)
How much of an upset would it be if neither YJ team made it to the finals?
With a bunch of 3-0 teams from pool play and everyone "winning" in the knock-out rounds, anyone can get on a roll. The Sky Walkers win yesterday was the one and only true "upset" in the tournament. As for Yellow Jackets Team 2, they are up against it with the Liberty. Complete toss-up game.

No. 2 Long Island Liberty 3, No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 4
(16:00 Remaining)

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 6, No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 5
(17:00 Remaining)

No. 2 Long Island Liberty 3, No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 5
(15:00 Remaining)

No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 6, No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 6
(15:00 Remaining)
I just want to say I believe the South Shore Ballers will win it all they are that good and more importantly the best Coaching going down there. The team is well balanced and the best defense out there. Lets get the games on and see where this goes.

They have an excellent F/O middie and some very solid players but not the 4 or 5 outstanding D1 type players they would need to get to the final 4. It ends for them in the final 8.

SEMIFINALS : 8:00am, Final Scores

No. 3 Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 6, No. 2 Long Island Liberty 5
No. 8 Skywalkers 2015 Blue 9, No. 4 Long Island Top Guns 8

Both are rankings "upsets". Yellow Jackets Team #2 carry Long Island hopes to the gold medal match at 12:00pm while the Liberty and Top Guns will face off for bronze at 11:00am.

CONSOLATION MATCHES : 9:30am, Final Scores

Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 1) 13, Stickbenders 6
Top of the Bay (MD) 11, Cardinal (VA) 8
looks like flight delays at the airports - safe travels to all those going to LarryMiller and those coming home from LarryMiller - Good Luck to all the Long Island teams
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Girls Day Three Championship Round

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am (Early First Half)
Long Island Liberty 5, Long Island Top Guns 2

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm
Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) vs. Skywalkers

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am (13:00 Remaining, First Half)
Long Island Liberty 6, Long Island Top Guns 4

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am (Halftime)
Long Island Liberty 10, Long Island Top Guns 5

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am (10:00 Remaining, Second Half)
Long Island Liberty 11, Long Island Top Guns 10

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (14:00 Remaining, First Half)
Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 2, Skywalkers 3

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am (9:00 Remaining, Second Half)
Long Island Liberty 11, Long Island Top Guns 11

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (12:00 Remaining, First Half)
Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 2, Skywalkers 4

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am (3:00 Remaining, Second Half)
Long Island Liberty 11, Long Island Top Guns 13

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (4:00 Remaining, First Half)
Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 4, Skywalkers 4

BRONZE MEDAL GAME : 11:00am - FINAL SCORE
Long Island Top Guns 13, Long Island Liberty 12

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (1:00 Remaining, First Half)
Skywalkers 6, Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 4

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (19:00 Remaining, Second Half)
Skywalkers 10, Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 4

Skywalkers have now won ten of the last eleven draws in the match which has explained the scoring surge.

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (7:00 Remaining, Second Half)
Skywalkers 13, Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 6

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm (2:00 Remaining, Second Half)
Skywalkers 14, Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 6

GOLD MEDAL GAME : 12:00pm - FINAL SCORE
Skywalkers 14, Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2) 6

FINAL RESULTS

Goal Medals - SkyWalkers
Silver Medals - Long Island Yellow Jackets (Team 2)
Bronze Medals - Long Island Top Guns

Skywalkers 2015 Blue take the first National Crown for the club. Along the way, they bested everything Long Island could bring to the party. Excellent job in claiming the title.
Skywalkers are a great team, kids and parents. Those girls played with a short bench the entire tournament and never let up.

Congrats to Skywalkers 2015 Blue and we look forward to seeing you again next summer!
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Skywalkers are a great team, kids and parents. Those girls played with a short bench the entire tournament and never let up.

Congrats to Skywalkers 2015 Blue and we look forward to seeing you again next summer!

Well said.
Congratulations to Goalie Lauren Daly and Midfielder Sam Appuzzo from Top Guns for being named Lacrosse Magazine All Tournament!
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Well said.
Congratulations to Goalie Lauren Daly and Midfielder Sam Appuzzo from Top Guns for being named Lacrosse Magazine All Tournament!

yes congrats to them all. And congrats to Taryn Ohlmiller 2016 YJ for being named all Tournament and Nikki Ortega as well!

Long Island Matchups for Friday, July 27th

Turning the page from a highly exciting girls event, five Long Island Boys programs will kickoff the U/15 National Championships start tomorrow. Stay tuned for results and updates!

9:00am : Long Island Outlaws vs. Blue Devil Elite (FL)
9:00am : No Limit Ballers vs. Jacksonville (FL)
10:00am: fl$ vs. Minnesota
10:00am: Long Island Jesters vs. NorCal Blue (CA)
10:00am: Long Island Express vs. NorCal Platinum (CA)

11:00am : Long Island Outlaws vs. Atlanta Coyotes (GA)
11:00am : No Limit Ballers vs. Illionois United/Team One
12:00pm : fl$ vs. DH LAX Elite (CA)
12:00pm : Long Island Jesters vs. Florida Swashbucklers
12:00pm : Long Island Express vs. Florida

1:00pm : Long Island Outlaws vs. NorCal Talon (CA)
1:00pm : No Limit Ballers vs. Looney's (MD)
2:00pm : fl$ vs. Bamalax (AL)
2:00pm : Long Island Jesters vs. Colorado
2:00pm : Long Island Express vs. #D Select (CO)
Congratulations Yellow Jackets and coach Rose -- you deserve it.

Why r we congratulating Coach Rose? We didn't win and she was certainly pissed (was anyone even there).
South shore ballers are a decent team but are outmached against the other long island entries. fl$ ,express,jesters are deeper and should go further.
Thanks! Really short bench - 3 subs, of which two were 2017 Blues (Andie Aldave and Catie May). Great tourney, great competition and awesome facilities.
Excellent article from Lacrosse Magazine covering the U/15 Girls National Championship.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Sky Walkers 2015 Blue (Md.) played the role of beekeepers at the 2012 US Lacrosse Girls' U15 National Championship, powered by Lacrosse Unlimited, and they will bring the national championship trophy back to Maryland after two years in New [lacrosse].
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Results (Pool Play)

9:00am Results

NorCal Talon (Calif.) 10, Atlanta Coyotes (Ga.) 3
Blue Devil Elite (Fla.) 4, Long Island Outlaws (N.Y.) 3
No Limit Ballers (N.Y.) 10, Jacksonville (Fla.) 4
Looney's (Md.) 13, Illinois United/Team One 0
FCA (Md.) 11, Utah 1
Dukes HHH (Pa.) 12, Palm Beach Storm (Fla.) 3

10:00am Results

For the Love of the Game (N.Y.) 12, Minnesota 2
DH Lax Elite (Calif.) 10, Bamalax (Ala.) 1
Long Island Jesters (N.Y.) 11, NorCal Blue (Calif.) 0
Colorado 9, Florida Swashbucklers 4
Long Island Express (N.Y.) 9, NorCal Platinum (Calif.) 0
Florida 9, 3d Select (Colo.) 3

Summary

Opening wins for the No Limit Ballers, fl$, Jesters, and Express. One goal loss for the Outlaws.

11:00am Results

Blue Devil Elite (Fla.) 6, Norcal Talon (Calif.) 2
Atlanta Coyotes (Ga.) 5, Long Island Outlaws (N.Y.) 5
Illinois United/Team One 5, No Limit Ballers (N.Y.) 5
Looney's (Md.) 15, Jacksonville (Fla.) 1
NESLL (Mass.) 10, LarryMiller (Fla.) 5
FCA (Md.) 11, Dukes HHH 4

Summary

Two ties for the Long Island sides. Outlaws stand at 0-1-1 while the Ballers are 1-0-1 after two pool matches.

12:00pm Results

DH Lax Elite (Calif.) 8, For the Love of the Game (N.Y.) 6
Bamalax (Ala.) 8, Minnesota 6
Long Island Jesters (N.Y.) 6, Florida Swashbucklers 0
Colorado 10, Norcal Blue 7
Long Island Express (N.Y.) 14, Florida 5
3d Select (Colo.) 6, Norcal Platinum 3

Summary

The Jesters and Express complete their second pool play matches undefeated while the fl$ drops their second match against a very tough DH Elite group from California. Remember that fl$ was a finalist in 2009 and 2010 and Champions in 2011 - pool play losses are not that frequent in this tournament for fl$ and we would look for them to rebound in the next match.

1:00pm Results

Norcal Talon (CA) 9, Long Island Outlaws (NY) 7
Blue Devil Elite (FL) 10, Atlanta Coyotes (GA) 3
No Limit Ballers (NY) 9, Looney's (MD) 8
Illinois United/Team One 9, Jacksonville (FL) 3
NESLL (MA) 7, Palm Beach Storm (FL) 5
Utah 7, LarryMiller 5

Summary

No Limit comes back from a 6-3 halftime deficit to get the one goal win over the Looney's and take a 2W-0L-1T record in pool play. No Limit scored the final four in their match including the game winner by Brendan Homire with about 20 seconds left.

The Outlaws dropped their second in pool play and finish the day at 0W-2L-1T. We expect a top eight seeding for the Ballers come later this evening.
South shore ballers are a decent team but are outmached against the other long island entries. fl$ ,express,jesters are deeper and should go further.

nice analysis Quint. Dont quit your day job........
Interesting quote from Paul Krome who is blogging about the tournament today including the Minnesota 6, DH Lax Elite 3 halftime score in their 2:00pm match : "Upset alert on field 19! Has DH Lax Elite read too many of its own press clippings following the 8-6 win over the defending champs earlier this morning?"
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which seemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a national title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which seemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a national title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.
no question that LI plays a more physical style of play, but the refs in MD call as tight a game as any around the country.
Interesting quote from Paul Krome who is blogging about the tournament today including the Minnesota 6, DH Lax Elite 3 halftime score in their 2:00pm match : "Upset alert on field 19! Has DH Lax Elite read too many of its own press clippings following the 8-6 win over the defending champs earlier this morning?"
Just ten minutes later, the DH Lax Elite have score the first four of the second half for a 7-6 lead. About nine minutes remaining in this third pool play match for both sides.

2:00pm Results

For the Love of the Game 14, Bamalax 3
DH Lax Elite 8, Minnesota 7
Long Island Jesters 5, Colorado 5
Florida Swashbucklers 7, Norcal Blue 3
Long Island Express 10, 3d Select 3
Florida 10, Norcal Platinum 4

Summary

fl$ rebounds as predicted to close a 2W-1L-0T pool play round. The Jesters after two shutouts landed in a 5-5 final match draw to close pool play at 2W-0L-1T and securing a top eight seeding. The Express have been convincing with not only a 3W-0L-0T pool play record but landing with a positive goal differential of +25.

Long Island Records for Friday, July 27th

3W-0L-0T : Long Island Express
2W-0L-1T : No Limit Ballers
2W-0L-1T : Long Island Jesters
2W-1L-0T : For the Love of the Game
0W-2L-1T : Long Island Outlaws
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Championship Seedings

The top six seeds have received opening round byes in the Championship Round. Long Island Express and Long Island Jesters have both claimed those spots. No Limit Ballers have claimed the eight seed with fl$ checking in at the tenth spot. The Long Island Outlaws will round out the New [lacrosse] grouping at number nineteen.

1. FCA (3-0)
2. Long Island Express (3-0)
3. Blue Devil Elite (3-0)
4. DH Lax Elite (3-0)
5. NESLL (3-0)
6. Long Island Jesters (2-0-1)
7. Colorado (2-0-1)
8. No Limit Ballers (2-0-1)
9. Looney's (2-1)
10. For the Love of the Game (2-1)
11. Norcal Talon (2-1)
12. Dukes HHH (2-1)
13. Florida (2-1)
14. Illinois United/Team One (1-1-1)
15. Florida Swashbucklers (1-2)
16. Utah (1-2)
17. 3d Select Lacrosse (1-2)
18. Bamalax (1-2)
19. Long Island Outlaws (0-2-1)
20. Atlanta Coyotes (0-2-1)
21. Nor Cal Platinum (0-3)
22. LarryMiller (0-3)
23. Minnesota (0-3)
24. Nor Cal Blue (0-3)
25. Palm Beach Storm (0-3)
26. Jacksonville (0-3)
no question that LI plays a more physical style of play, but the refs in MD call as tight a game as any around the country.

Every Yellow Card was called by one ref. A ref that was had picked by US Lacrosse to make sure a message was sent because of the incident at lax for a cure. The calls were phantom at best! There was not one YC that would be called if that ref wasn't being purposely oversensitive! It is what it is. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. US Lacrosse reacted! So be it. What was plainly obvious though was the better team did not win the game. I am sure the SKY Walker contingent know this deep down! They are a good team but needed a lot of help to win that game and they got it! Let's move on!

Every Yellow Card was called by one ref. A ref that was had picked by US Lacrosse to make sure a message was sent because of the incident at lax for a cure. The calls were phantom at best! There was not one YC that would be called if that ref wasn't being purposely oversensitive! It is what it is. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. US Lacrosse reacted! So be it. What was plainly obvious though was the better team did not win the game. I am sure the SKY Walker contingent know this deep down! They are a good team but needed a lot of help to win that game and they got it! Let's move on!

Typical YJ denial.

Watch this video and tell me, do you enjoy having your daughter isolated with her team while all other teams exhibit sportsmanship and make new friends. All the parents should ask themselves that question. I have and the answer is clear.

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K90zl6---iM
beekeepers, i have to get t shirts made with bee keepers on it. thats a great line.
dont be a bunch or cry babies... give me a break, you lost , finished not in the top 5 , your YJ left overs finished better than you, and so did li liberty and li topguns. you are the 3rd best team on LI. blame it on the coaching, after all that went on at lax for the cure, you should have known it was going to be a tight called game and you didnt adjust.

The top six seeds have received opening round byes in the Championship Round. Long Island Express and Long Island Jesters have both claimed those spots. No Limit Ballers have claimed the eight seed with fl$ checking in at the tenth spot. The Long Island Outlaws will round out the New [lacrosse] grouping at number nineteen.

1. FCA (3-0)
4. DH Lax Elite (3-0)
5. NESLL (3-0)
7. Colorado (2-0-1)
9. Looney's (2-1)
11. Norcal Talon (2-1)
12. Dukes HHH (2-1)
13. Florida (2-1)
16. Utah (1-2)
18. Bamalax (1-2)
22. LarryMiller (0-3)
23. Minnesota (0-3)
24. Nor Cal Blue (0-3)
26. Jacksonville (0-3)
Are South Shore Ballers and No Limit Ballers the same? I thought No Limit was a Westchester/Yorktown team.

1. FCA (3-0)
4. DH Lax Elite (3-0)
5. NESLL (3-0)
7. Colorado (2-0-1)
9. Looney's (2-1)
11. Norcal Talon (2-1)
12. Dukes HHH (2-1)
13. Florida (2-1)
16. Utah (1-2)
18. Bamalax (1-2)
22. LarryMiller (0-3)
23. Minnesota (0-3)
24. Nor Cal Blue (0-3)
26. Jacksonville (0-3)
That's ok YJ still finished ahead of other Long island teams!! That's why your so upset.
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which seemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a natioEnal title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.

Let's keep in mind that the YJ 2015 Blue LM cut 4 girls from the original 2015 team for tourney and replaced withe 2 14's and 2 16's, hand picked to strengthen team. SkyWalkers were down 2 ACL's ( one from lax for cure), a girl on vacation and one girl too old to qualify for U15. So, with only one sub, brought up 2 x 2017's who were little sisters of current rostered 2015's. Total of 3 subs. Extremely short bench, considering
the heat. The two hits after goals were scored were legit yellows as one girl was being monitored for a concussion by ESPN WWOS trainers and was not allowed to return.

Also, SW's were called for a Red card in the 1st half when a YJ spun into the defenders stick, bumping her head. One of our best players out. Played rest of game with the two 2017's as subs.
That's ok YJ still finished ahead of other Long island teams!! That's why your so upset.

It's not about finishing above or not. It's about the journey getting there. Listen, your kid is the one who missed out when all the other teams were getting to know each other and no YJs were included because of the attitude surrounding them. Think the Yankees in the Bad News Bears. I know several YJ parents who were there, saw it and are not in denial. They are not happy to say the least. You are all welcome if you just drop the attitude. Again, you don't have to quote standings and placement lists cause it's not about that. Now...give us a hug! Go ahead it's ok...just let it go. Lol
thats why you play the game
thats why you play the game

Why exactly?
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which seemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a natioEnal title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.

Let's keep in mind that the YJ 2015 Blue LM cut 4 girls from the original 2015 team for tourney and replaced withe 2 14's and 2 16's, hand picked to strengthen team. SkyWalkers were down 2 ACL's ( one from lax for cure), a girl on vacation and one girl too old to qualify for U15. So, with only one sub, brought up 2 x 2017's who were little sisters of current rostered 2015's. Total of 3 subs. Extremely short bench, considering
the heat. The two hits after goals were scored were legit yellows as one girl was being monitored for a concussion by ESPN WWOS trainers and was not allowed to return.

Also, SW's were called for a Red card in the 1st half when a YJ spun into the defenders stick, bumping her head. One of our best players out. Played rest of game with the two 2017's as subs.

Let's keep in mind that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You should keep in mind that you look like a fool when you state things as fact when you have no idea.When you put things in writing that are completely incorrect anything else you state should then be considered nonsense.

Sky Walkers didn't need help beating your "girls" in New Jersey after your thug took one of them out, They didn't need help taking out team 1 , and they didn't need help dismantling team 2. Not only does the Sky Walker contingent know that they are the best team of this summer, So does Top Guns, and Liberty. the only contingent that doesn't know this is the crybaby contingent at Yellow Jackets. Your complaining because the refs wouldn't let your team get away with the overly aggressive tactics that your girls have used to ruin another player. I talked with the Sky Walker girl that your thug took out, and according to her it wasn't a 50/50 ground ball as you claim, she told me she took a clear from her goalie and your "girl" jumped on her back. You speak of the squeaky wheel but the only people that went to the ref's tent to complain were Yellow Jackets. If your cheating reputation has gotten so wide spread it's not because people complain to U.S. Lax, it's because of your clubs inability to play within the rules, and to have a shred of sportsmanship. The other posters are right, all other teams made friends and cheered each other on. I watched Cardinal as a whole cheering on Liberty against you because no team in girls lacrosse has any respect for you. The only thing you club has is it win/loss record, no one likes or respects you. Everyone hates your club, not because your the best, because clearly this year your not, but because your dirty and arrogant. here is something to think about as you crow about you daughter going off to a D-1 school because of Carol, She might/will be playing with girls from Top Guns, Liberty, Cardinal , MD, M&D, and Sky Walkers. all these girls will except each other , and they might even except your daughter, but always in the back of there minds, every time your kid gets called for a foul it's because she's a dirty Yellow Jacket
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Championship Bracket Results

#17 3d Select 8, #16 Utah
#9 Looney's 21, #24 Norcal Blue 0
#8 No Limit Ballers 16, #25 Palm Beach Storm 1
#15 Florida Swashbucklers 9, #18 Bamalax 8 (Overtime)
#10 For the Love of the Game 12, #23 Minnesota 1
#7 Colorado 16, #26 Jacksonville 2

#13 Florida vs. #20 Atlanta Coyotes
#12 Dukes HHH vs. #21 Norcal Platinum
#14 Illinois United/Team One vs. #19 Long Island Outlaws
#11 Norcal Talon vs. #22 LarryMiller

Summary

No Limit and fl$ both survive their opening round championship matches easily as the game favorites.
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Championship Bracket Results

Scoring Update : Long Island Outlaws and Team One at tied at six with less than two minutes to play. Team One steals and scored to lead 7-6 with 0:55 left on the clock. Jaron Batts levels the game at seven with 0:11 remaining. Next goal will decide the match.

Final Score, Long Island Outlaws Survive Opener : Conner Crosson cuts and takes the feed from Christian Fiordelisi from behind the cage an the Long Island Outlaws beat Team One 8-7 in sudden death overtime.

#17 3d Select 8, #16 Utah
#9 Looney's 21, #24 Norcal Blue 0
#8 No Limit Ballers 16, #25 Palm Beach Storm 1
#15 Florida Swashbucklers 9, #18 Bamalax 8 (Overtime)
#10 For the Love of the Game 12, #23 Minnesota 1
#7 Colorado 16, #26 Jacksonville 2

#13 Florida 15, #20 Atlanta Coyotes 10
#12 Dukes HHH 8, #21 Norcal Platinum 3
#19 Long Island Outlaws 8, #14 Illinois United/Team One 7
#11 Norcal Talon 10, #22 LarryMiller 1

Summary

No Limit and fl$ both survive their opening round championship matches easily as the game favorites.

Meanwhile, the Outlaws survive the overtime scare and pull off the 8-7 upset against the #14 seeds.

11:00am Second Round Games

#1 FCA vs. #17 3d Select
#8 No Limit Ballers vs. #9 Looney's
#2 Long Island Express vs. #15 Florida Swashbucklers
#7 Colorado vs. #10 For the Love of the Game

12:30pm Second Round Games

#4 DH Lax Elite vs. #13 Florida
#5 NESLL vs. #12 Dukes HHH
#3 Blue Devil Elite vs. #19 Long Island Outlaws
#6 Long Island Jesters vs. #11 Norcal Talon
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which Tseemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a natioEnal title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.

Let's keep in mind that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You should keep in mind that you look like a fool when you state things as fact when you have no idea.When you put things in writing that are completely incorrect anything else you state should then be considered nonsense.

Kinda like what u just wrote? Just more words aimed at nothing. Try making a point like the previous posters. Then maybe there can be a discussion.
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which Tseemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a natioEnal title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.

Kinda like what u just wrote? Just more words aimed at nothing. Try making a point like the previous posters. Then maybe there can be a discussion.

Ok. Fact: NO one was cut! The girls that didn't come had other things to do. Fact: The 2 YC's after the goals were not given until well after the play was viewed by the ref with no call. She reacted to the player on the feild. Fact: YJ player got a deserved YC for delaying the game by throwing the ball after a call by the ref but the Sky Walkers didn't after doing the same exact thing. Fact YJ girls got knocked illegally on their butts after plays a number of times with no call. There are a lot more facts but none of it matters. The game is over and there was a winner. Life isn't fair all the time! You can't win the war of words on a message board. Everyone will have their own take and it is usually a bias one on both sides. It would have been nice to see a game between 2 full stregnth teams to determine the winner. In the end I am sure the Skywalkers would have liked to have it that way too. They are a good team and I am sure didn't want to win that way.

11:00am Second Round Games - Final Results

#1 FCA 17, #17 3d Select 7
#9 Looney's 15, #8 No Limit Ballers 2
#2 Long Island Express 10, #15 Florida Swashbucklers 1
#10 For the Love of the Game 10, #7 Colorado 3

12:30pm Second Round Games

#5 NESLL vs. #12 Dukes HHH

Summary

Both fl$ and Express win to move into the Elite Eight. Unforutnately, the #2 and #10 seeds will face off against each other in the next round with the winner moving into the Sunday semifinals. (These same two programs met in the semifinal round last year.)

No Limit was eliminated in a blowout 15-2 loss to the Looney's and will be part of additional consolation bracket games from here.

#1 FCA vs. #9 Looney's
#2 Long Island Express vs. #10 For the Love of the Game

Scoring Update : Long Island Jesters heading into a four minute overtime period knotted at 5-5 with NorCal Talon.

12:30pm Second Round Games - Partial Results

#5 NESLL 6, #12 Dukes HHH 2

Scoring Update : Tough angle shot from Brook Rideau from Trenton Shore and NorCal Talon beats the Long Island Jesters 6-5 in overtime.

12:30pm Second Round Games - Final Results

#13 Florida 10, #4 DH Lax Elite 9
#5 NESLL 6, #12 Dukes HHH 2
#3 Blue Devil Elite 10, #19 Long Island Outlaws 4
#11 Norcal Talon 6, #6 Long Island Jesters 5 (Overtime)

Summary

Both Long Island sides fall in the 12:30 matchups. Huge upset with Florida over DH Lax Elite from California.

#1 FCA vs. #9 Looney's
#2 Long Island Express vs. #10 For the Love of the Game

#3 Blue Devil Elite vs. #11 NorCal Talon (3:30 Faceoff)
#5 NESLL vs. #13 Florida (4:15pm Faceoff)

#1 FCA 17, #9 Looney's 3
#2 Long Island Express 9, #10 For the Love of the Game 6

Summary

Reported by Paul Krome regarding the all-Long Island quarterfinal match : "Good game by both teams. Very intense. Lot of postgame handshakes between players and coaches."
s you crow about you daughter going off to a D-1 school because of Carol, She might/will be playing with girls from Top Guns, Liberty, Cardinal , MD, M&D, and Sky Walkers. all these girls will except each other , and they might even except your daughter, but always in the back of there minds, every time your kid gets called for a foul it's because she's a dirty Yellow Jacket

Sounds like you have raised your child to be as big a [lacrosse] as yourself.Definitely teach her to judge all people in a group as if they are the same and not get to know people for who they are individually, that will serve her well.
Ok. All good points and you'll agree those type of officiating issues happen all too often. Your point is well taken BUT to say you are better when 1-they just beat you and 2-they beat you other times this summer may be where people hit you with the YJ attitude stuff. I am sure you have seen teams get shafted by officials (on all levels and all sports) and if the player blames the officiating they are labled sore losers. I am not saying it's not a real reason for a loss it's just not cool to continually blame the refs especially when they have been favorable to your team for a long time. Good discussion!!

3:30pm - Quarterfinals - In-Progress

#11 NorCal Talon 5, #3 Blue Devil Elite 2 (Late Fourth)
#13 Florida 9, #5 NESLL 1 (End Third)

Summary

Two upsets seem to be in the making in the late quarterfinal matches.

No kids cut from team and replaced with 2014 or 2016 , when you state things as fact that are divisive and are completely wrong then why even consider the other ignorant comments.I have no problem with your stating that the u15 sky walkers team should be considered best in the nation but if you are going to say that then YJ 2 should be considered 2 best, etc..

8:00am, July 29th - Semifinals

#1 FCA vs. #13 Florida
#2 Long Island Express vs. #11 NorCal Talon

11:00am, July 29th - Bronze Medal Match
Semifinal losers

12:00pm, July 29th - Gold/Silver Medal Match
Semifinal winners
s you crow about you daughter going off to a D-1 school because of Carol, She might/will be playing with girls from Top Guns, Liberty, Cardinal , MD, M&D, and Sky Walkers. all these girls will except each other , and they might even except your daughter, but always in the back of there minds, every time your kid gets called for a foul it's because she's a dirty Yellow Jacket

Sounds like you have raised your child to be as big a [lacrosse] as yourself.Definitely teach her to judge all people in a group as if they are the same and not get to know people for who they are individually, that will serve her well.

Really, you call someone a [lacrosse] bag and comment on how they raise their kids and judge people. Pretty clear you are the [lacrosse] bag and please say you are not a YJ parent...please...cause if you are you are the cancer we need removed.

Really, you call someone a [lacrosse] bag and comment on how they raise their kids and judge people. Pretty clear you are the [lacrosse] bag and please say you are not a YJ parent...please...cause if you are you are the cancer we need removed.

Yes let someone state that no matter what your YJ child will be considered a dirty Yellow Jacket.You strike me as the type of parent who will let people say and do anything to your child and just sit back and watch.

You will never remove them because Carol will never get rid of the bad element, and you and your daughter will always be seen the way you see this parent. Leave the Yellow Jackets, any other director is just as capable of helping your daughter, and if your a decent person the Top Guns , and Liberty parents will welcome you and your daughter. Carol has no magic wand to help your daughter, her commitment list is only that big because of the amount of players she fields. I promis you your daughter will thrive and reach there goal at either of the other 2 clubs

8:00am, July 29th - Semifinals

#1 FCA vs. #13 Florida
#2 Long Island Express vs. #11 NorCal Talon

Semifinal losers

Semifinal winners

Yes let someone state that no matter what your YJ child will be considered a dirty Yellow Jacket.You strike me as the type of parent who will let people say and do anything to your child and just sit back and watch.

Maybe your kid is a dirty player. You seem like the type that doesn't hear anything, no matter how true and constructive that your kid may be doing. Get you head out of the sand and grow up.

#1 FCA 17, #9 Looney's 3
#2 Long Island Express 9, #10 For the Love of the Game 6

Summary

Reported by Paul Krome regarding the all-Long Island quarterfinal match : "Good game by both teams. Very intense. Lot of postgame handshakes between players and coaches."

As predicted on this board. Defending champs fl$ don't even make final 4. Huge disappointment compared to past 3 years. Either this team wasn't as good as grades above or competition has caught up. Time for some changes.

8:00am, July 29th - Semifinals - In Progress

#1 FCA 11, #13 Florida 2 (Third Quarter)
#2 Long Island Express 4, #11 NorCal Talon 2 (End Third Quarter)

Semifinal losers

Semifinal winners

8:00am, July 29th - Semifinals - In Progress

#1 FCA 13, #13 Florida 4 (End Third Quarter)
#2 Long Island Express 7, #11 NorCal Talon 2 (4:30 Remaining)

8:00am, July 29th - Semifinals - Final Scores

#1 FCA 16, #13 Florida 6
#2 Long Island Express 8, #11 NorCal Talon 2

Summary

Long Island Express will play in the championship game for the first time in the four-year history of the event. This will also be the fourth consecutive final with at least one Long Island team in the final.

FCA also moves championship game for the third time in four years. bThe Maryland-based team, which includes players from other states, won the championship in 2009 in Bel Air, Md., and in 2010 here. Their only loss came against ... the Long Island Express in a 2011 quarter-final match.

#11 NorCal Talon vs. #13 Florida

#1 FCA vs #2 Long Island Express
How many girls from YJ 1 can come back next year.
Let's not forget. It's not a true national championship unless the WC Starz and the Crabs are involved.
Let's not forget. It's not a true national championship unless the WC Starz and the Crabs are involved.
There has always been this debate that somehow a title is diminished if a specific top-level team does not show.

Here is the truth : you play who shows and the title is still the same. Any team that does not show loses the chance to comment. It is a National Championship - every major club knows the dates a year in advance. Show up, don't show up - the choice is yours ... but it is still called the U/15 National Championship.

11:00am, July 29th - Bronze Medal Match - In Progress
#11 NorCal Talon 6, #13 Florida 4 (Early Third Quarter)

There has always been this debate that somehow a title is diminished if a specific top-level team does not show.

Here is the truth : you play who shows and the title is still the same. Any team that does not show loses the chance to comment. It is a National Championship - every major club knows the dates a year in advance. Show up, don't show up - the choice is yours ... but it is still called the U/15 National Championship.

It's called the U-15 Championship. That's why the crabs aren't there. They would have to send kids from their 2017 and 2016 teams. They know how that would turn out, so they don't go. Yeah I know, just few kids where held back, and just a few kids repeated 8th grade. Please.

11:00am, July 29th - Bronze Medal Match - In Progress
#11 NorCal Talon 6, #13 Florida 4 (Early Third Quarter)

Are these games airing on the web somewhere?
My 2 cents.....u15 disney tournament went pretty much as expected. Express dominating fl$ played great. Ballers did well. Big dissapointment was the jesters. Expected alot more from them. looks like express orange is the real deal. Know alot of kids from all the long island teams. The jesters coaching was a disgrace. They brought kids in from other teams and sat kids that played with them sll season. Alot of people upset that played with that organization.

A shame. Anybody want to comment why crabs and WC Starz don't go to this tournament?
You are absolutly correct the jesters are an embarrasment. They had great when coaching all year then they show ip with s clueless coach that runs the team entirely different. Dont try to fix what isnt broken. If their regular coach eas there they would have gone further. It is now a brokenorgaization. I dont think anyone will be back next year after what the coaches and director pulled this year. Anyone thinking about playing there next year just ask any parent that went to florida and their opinion will be unanimous. Stay away from the jesters .... I speak from experience
I cant begin to tell you how bad our experience was at florida u15 nationals.... the jesters coaching ruined a very good team.. time to move on....
crabs 2015 players are too old to play u15

11:00am, July 29th - Bronze Medal Match - Final Result
#13 Florida 4 9, #11 NorCal Talon 8

12:00pm, July 29th - Gold/Silver Medal Match - Final Result
#2 Long Island Express 7, #1 FCA 4

Summary
The Long Island Express win their first U/15 National Championship! FCA take the silver medals in an excellent final match. Florida executes a huge late rally to secure the Bronze Medals.
The jesters coaching was awful..way to go guys no one will be back next year. Lets take $1800 from 25the kids and we will only play the same 15 kids in 95 degree temps. Where was the regular coach the boys had all year. Lets borrow kids from other teams that never practiced together and play them while sitting kids that have been playing and winning togethee all season. The jesters organization is a total mess. I encourage any oneoone who is considering playing or trying one who is considering playing or trying out for them next year to reconsider or at least speak to anyone of the parents from this year on how they ruined a good team. The biggest waste of money on auseless coach and director. Where was lapenna. He knew the boys and like him or not he is a great coach. The circus clown coaches they brought to florida ... all i can say is stay away from the jesters organization.
who coached?
The jesters coaching was awful..way to go guys no one will be back next year. Lets take $1800 from 25the kids and we will only play the same 15 kids in 95 degree temps. Where was the regular coach the boys had all year. Lets borrow kids from other teams that never practiced together and play them while sitting kids that have been playing and winning togethee all season. The jesters organization is a total mess. I encourage any oneoone who is considering playing or trying one who is considering playing or trying out for them next year to reconsider or at least speak to anyone of the parents from this year on how they ruined a good team. The biggest waste of money on auseless coach and director. Where was lapenna. He knew the boys and like him or not he is a great coach. The circus clown coaches they brought to florida ... all i can say is stay away from the jesters organization.

Where was their regular coach? Why would they bring in different coaches now?

It's called the U-15 Championship. That's why the crabs aren't there. They would have to send kids from their 2017 and 2016 teams. They know how that would turn out, so they don't go. Yeah I know, just few kids where held back, and just a few kids repeated 8th grade. Please.

I have nothing to do with the Crabs, but that obsession Long Island parents have with kids who repeat is ridiculous. Yes, the Crabs have a lot of MIAA kids, and some of those kids repeat a grade. It's not a lot of kids, nor is it something unique to Baltimore. The Crabs could easily field a team with just U15 age-eligible kids, so get over yourself.

If you can going to condemn the Crabs (or any team) who has kid who has repeated 8th, how about a tournament where you have to have a 2015 team to be competitive in a U15 tournament? U15 teams are supposed to be filled almost exclusively with Rising Freshman. Sending a team filled with Rising Sophomores to a U15 team is an absolute joke.
shut up and send a team
LI Express u15 defeated FCA in championship today. Express is the National Champions u15, great job! FCA was beating the daylights out of everyone. So FCA lost 7-4 to Express in the end.
Rich or Jim who coached man up.
I've only heard great things about the Jesters organization. Losing 2 one goal games is not a disgrace from what I've learned from years of watching kids sports. Try and enjoy your kids. As always there are plenty of great teams at the U15 championship.
And Congratulations to the Express for winning and to the rest of the teams who played from the Island.
shut up and send a team

Great response. You represent Long Island well.
LI Express u15 defeated FCA in championship today. Express is the National Champions u15, great job! FCA was beating the daylights out of everyone. So FCA lost 7-4 to Express in the end.

Not anywhere near a National Championship. Several top 2015 teams were not there. Congrats to Express.
Just for the record Crabs and WC Starz both beat the "national champs" earlier this year. But to be balanced Express also beat the Crabs. Dukes and NESLL were just as disappointing as fl$ for not making it to Championship Sunday. fl$ will say they are ok with losing to champs but no doubt they went down to LarryMiller very confident they would beat Express and everybody else - disappointing no matter how you spin it to hand over the title to biggest rival.
Just for the record Crabs and WC Starz both beat the "national champs" earlier this year. But to be balanced Express also beat the Crabs. Dukes and NESLL were just as disappointing as fl$ for not making it to Championship Sunday. fl$ will say they are ok with losing to champs but no doubt they went down to LarryMiller very confident they would beat Express and everybody else - disappointing no matter how you spin it to hand over the title to biggest rival.
To be honest, the biggest problem for fl$ in this year's tournament was drawing into DH Lax Elite and losing that pool play match. That resulted in a #10 seed, followed by a championship bracket draw filled with potential potholes.
2012 US Lacrosse U/15 National Championships - Boys Championship Results

#13 Florida 4 9, #11 NorCal Talon 8

#2 Long Island Express 7, #1 FCA 4

Summary
The Long Island Express win their first U/15 National Championship! FCA take the silver medals in an excellent final match. Florida executes a huge late rally to secure the Bronze Medals.
You didnt play for the jesters in florida so you can not speak from experience. I second the previous poster. The coach was terrible and i wont be going back to the jesters next year. Real bad down there.
I sent my son down there nd although I was unable to attend he had nothing but great things to say about the entire experience. He too hated losing in a one goal game in overtime. Sounds to me like a sore loser. Coach rich has always been great to my two sons and I completely disagree with your opinion, coach Jim coaches my younger son and he loves it so much he doesn't want to play with anyone else.
If you can going to condemn the Crabs (or any team) who has kid who has repeated 8th, how about a tournament where you have to have a 2015 team to be competitive in a U15 tournament? U15 teams are supposed to be filled almost exclusively with Rising Freshman. Sending a team filled with Rising Sophomores to a U15 team is an absolute joke.

do you not see the irony in your own statement. Of course the kids from Baltimore are rising frosh because they are held back, but the same age. And how many of the Crabs play for FCA?
Ill agree rich is a great guy and im sure he meant well. You cant have the boys play with one coach and change to another coach that wants to changethe the lines and add different players hoping to win. Nothing personel but rich dropped the ball big time and lost because of his choice of coach and desperation trying to win. I too will not be back next year with my son.

do you not see the irony in your own statement. Of course the kids from Baltimore are rising frosh because they are held back, but the same age. And how many of the Crabs play for FCA?
I don't get the argument that all players should be rising freshman. In most states a 14 year old kid is in the 9th grade going into 10th.
I am a parent from one of the LI Teams. I know both of those coaches I would have my son play with them anytime. You should reach out to the coaches of the organization and get all the facts. I happened to be in the same hotel with the Jesters it looked to me like they the kids where enjoying themselves. As far as I can see they run a class act.
Its easy to blame the coach. How did your son play? I am part of the Jesters organization for the past 3 years the coaching has been outstanding.
You should call the director and the coach instead of hiding behind a blog. My son has had a great exprience with the Jesters I can speak from exprience
Rich man up scored about 75%
Wow thats some strong words if I felt so strongly I would call them direct.
Really? Really? Repeating 8th grade a common practice? If I were you, I wouldn't be bragging about this practice.

I have nothing to do with the Crabs, but that obsession Long Island parents have with kids who repeat is ridiculous. Yes, the Crabs have a lot of MIAA kids, and some of those kids repeat a grade. It's not a lot of kids, nor is it something unique to Baltimore. The Crabs could easily field a team with just U15 age-eligible kids, so get over yourself.

Is the tournamment call "U15" or is it called "Rising Freshman"? Clarify the rules. If it's "U15", have an age cut off date. If it's "Rising Freshman" then you can have any age as long as they are going into 9th grade. Right now it'called "U15" and most "U15's" are rising sophmores.

You are part of the problem. The fact that you assert that "the kids from Baltimore are ... held back" shows your ignorance. Kids are held back everywhere, not just in Baltimore. Furtthermore, we're talking about a handful of kids - it is not a prevalent practice in Baltimore. Get over yourself.
Really? Really? Repeating 8th grade a common practice? If I were you, I wouldn't be bragging about this practice.

Nobody said it is a common practice. In fact, it is not. We're talking about a handful of kids. The fact that Long Island dads keep repeating this mantra whenever their teams lose shows a lot about them.
There is a cutoff date. It is 8/31/96.
They do have an age cut off and u15 is much better then rising 9th grade, why reward the people who have held their kids back for an unfair advantage. Age based tournaments are the best way to go with states having different age cutlets for school.
Most U15's are rising sophmores??. Crabs u15 this past season will be the incoming 2016 team (those who make it). Great program, great coaching. Have been very fortunate the past two seasons to have had my son on the team (March 98 dob FYI).
They do have an age cut off and u15 is much better then rising 9th grade, why reward the people who have held their kids back for an unfair advantage. Age based tournaments are the best way to go with states having different age cutlets for school.

Because Rising Sophomores should be attending recruiting events where college coaches want to see them matched up with kids in the same GRADE. That's why HS teams are GRADE based, not age based.

LOL. Enjoy having your Rising Sophomore team beat up on teams in Middle School.
Most U15's are rising sophmores??. Crabs u15 this past season will be the incoming 2016 team (those who make it). Great program, great coaching. Have been very fortunate the past two seasons to have had my son on the team (March 98 dob FYI).

Stop crying about it. It's age based. If your players make the cut off, send a team. If not be quiet. Sure Crabs and West Coast Starz beat express, because the kids are older. That's why you won't go to the tourney.
Look, this happens all the time. One of my kids is on a 2018 team. Played at Tri-state. West Coast starz and Looneys both sent a U-13 team to play in the 2018 AA bracket. Do you think we don't know what these teams do???
My son plays for the Jesters and I can tell you that both Rich and Jim did an outstanding job with him. If either you of them did something that i didn't agree with i would pull them aside and speak with them. I wouldn't hid behind a blog. These guys have taken time to work with my son on THEIR time. One last thing... if the Jesters score in overtime do you write on this blog? I doubt it.

Stop crying about it. It's age based. If your players make the cut off, send a team. If not be quiet. Sure Crabs and West Coast Starz beat express, because the kids are older. That's why you won't go to the tourney.
Look, this happens all the time. One of my kids is on a 2018 team. Played at Tri-state. West Coast starz and Looneys both sent a U-13 team to play in the 2018 AA bracket. Do you think we don't know what these teams do???

The LI kids are soft ad can't compete head to head. They need an advantage. That's why half of the parents forge their kids birth certificates.
As a parent of a kid who is looking for a new program, we are seriously considering the Jesters as an option, I have met Rich Nessim a few times and always found him to be a straight up good guy. I don't know what happened down in Disney but it sounds like some parents are frustrated with the coaching, Can anyone intelligently answer the question about the Jesters as an organization? I would really like some solid feedback.......
You are clearly missing the point here. Most of the people who are upset are not taking issue with losing, but due to the fact that there were new coaches who didn't have one practice prior to the biggest tournament of the year and added new players under the premise that they were needed because of the oppressive Florida heat. That would have been acceptable had the coaches not shortened the bench, usually at the expense of the original team members and over played the same kids time and time again. To me this sounds like a legit gripe especially when you factor in the obscene amount of money this tournament cost. There is no doubt the boys had a good time and will cherish the memories forever but it would have been that much better had the right thing been done by the coaches on the field. And by the way the poster who stated that man up was 75% for the tournament, not sure what games you were watching unless you were talking about the other teams conversion rate. We scored 2 man up goals the entire tournament. The special teams play was terrible and was directly attributable to the lack of practice which contributed to the sub-par showing. Rich is a GREAT guy but anyone who says he didn't drop the ball on this one is lying to themselves and everyone else that is following this thread.
So a general statement/question. My son who is a September birthday, but it young for his grade will qualify as U15 as a rising sophomore. Why would I not have him play? May be the first time he would have an advantage because of all the discrepancies between grades and tournaments etc.

This year as a 12 year old he's play against U15 because he's on a 7th/8th grade team. The u15 rules at tristate basically allowed for existing 15 years olds to play and rising sophomores.

So now when my son is actually of the correct age, he shouldn't play because he will be a sophomore? Doesnt make sense to me.

The LI kids are soft ad can't compete head to head. They need an advantage. That's why half of the parents forge their kids birth certificates.
WOW thats sick
My son plays for the U15 team that seems to be generating a lot of bad press here. He saw steady minutes and really enjoyed his teammates so there is no sour grapes here or any reason to be anything but truthful. Objectively speaking here is the good,the bad & the ugly. First the good. Hard to argue with a trip to the U15 Nationals in sunny FL. Great experience. The team was legitimately and objectively picked based on tryout performance and not pre-determined like many other big name clubs. It didn't matter who you knew or thought you knew which is the way it is supposed to be. Rich is a gentleman whose intentions are good but he did NOT nor does he coach the U15 team and only did so for the Nationals. The cost of the program is "cheap"($1150) relatively speaking when compared to some of the other "big name" clubs while still being able to deliver just enough lax swag (bag, shooter etc..) to keep them competitive. Jesters are one of the bigger clubs on LI but still manages to employ a family type atmosphere, plus the kids really love the uniforms. The bad. Communication was poor to say the least. Practices when held were routinely canceled the day of. There were instances when practice was canceled within an hour of its intended start time which resulted in parents rushing to the field only to find out the hard way it was canceled late. Minimal practices with little teaching and rudimentary drills, not what you would expect for a U15 AA Nationals contender.
The ugly. Roster size of 25 sometimes 26 was way too many kids. As a result playing time was erratic for many which created some unnecessary drama. If you are going to take 25/26 you had better make sure everyone sees the field because in theory you are saying they were your best 25/26 at tryouts. Coaches were disinterested and approached it as a job and not a teaching experience. There was ZERO effort to connect with the kids let alone the parents. Coaches were not involved with the team in any capacity until a week before the first tournament. Outside of Maryland and FL tournaments(which were additional cost add-ons) tournaments were mostly 2nd tier(JDRF, Summer Slam & UMass-Neylat). The only real high level tournament that was included in original cost was Hofstra and even that had issues as the team played in JV division rather than varsity. Had the team attended the Mid Summer Classic Recruiting Showcase at Umass as originally communicated and posted rather than Umass-Neylat this would not have been an issue. Unfortunately this gave the appearance of the old "bait and switch" which I truly do NOT believe was the case to intentionally deceive but happened none the less. One of the previous posts was spot on regarding the Nationals where the roster was expanded even further to the ridiculous number of 27 players. Many players watched for long stretches from sideline while their teammates melted in the Fl sun. How could you possibly justify not having one practice prior to the Nationals especially given the influx of newly added players(5) and 2 new coaches? It was a recipe for disaster which wound up costing them in the end in FL.
While the Jesters are not perfect they could be considered the lesser of 2 evils when compared to some of the other big name programs because of cost and a director with good intentions. In the end you will find out they all have warts just to varying degrees. Hope this helps!
My son plays for the U15 team that seems to be generating a lot of bad press here. He saw steady minutes and really enjoyed his teammates so there is no sour grapes here or any reason to be anything but truthful. Objectively speaking here is the good,the bad & the ugly. First the good. Hard to argue with a trip to the U15 Nationals in sunny FL. Great experience. The team was legitimately and objectively picked based on tryout performance and not pre-determined like many other big name clubs. It didn't matter who you knew or thought you knew which is the way it is supposed to be. Rich is a gentleman whose intentions are good but he did NOT nor does he coach the U15 team and only did so for the Nationals. The cost of the program is "cheap"($1150) relatively speaking when compared to some of the other "big name" clubs while still being able to deliver just enough lax swag (bag, shooter etc..) to keep them competitive. Jesters are one of the bigger clubs on LI but still manages to employ a family type atmosphere, plus the kids really love the uniforms. The bad. Communication was poor to say the least. Practices when held were routinely canceled the day of. There were instances when practice was canceled within an hour of its intended start time which resulted in parents rushing to the field only to find out the hard way it was canceled late. Minimal practices with little teaching and rudimentary drills, not what you would expect for a U15 AA Nationals contender.
The ugly. Roster size of 25 sometimes 26 was way too many kids. As a result playing time was erratic for many which created some unnecessary drama. If you are going to take 25/26 you had better make sure everyone sees the field because in theory you are saying they were your best 25/26 at tryouts. Coaches were disinterested and approached it as a job and not a teaching experience. There was ZERO effort to connect with the kids let alone the parents. Coaches were not involved with the team in any capacity until a week before the first tournament. Outside of Maryland and FL tournaments(which were additional cost add-ons) tournaments were mostly 2nd tier(JDRF, Summer Slam & UMass-Neylat). The only real high level tournament that was included in original cost was Hofstra and even that had issues as the team played in JV division rather than varsity. Had the team attended the Mid Summer Classic Recruiting Showcase at Umass as originally communicated and posted rather than Umass-Neylat this would not have been an issue. Unfortunately this gave the appearance of the old "bait and switch" which I truly do NOT believe was the case to intentionally deceive but happened none the less. One of the previous posts was spot on regarding the Nationals where the roster was expanded even further to the ridiculous number of 27 players. Many players watched for long stretches from sideline while their teammates melted in the Fl sun. How could you possibly justify not having one practice prior to the Nationals especially given the influx of newly added players(5) and 2 new coaches? It was a recipe for disaster which wound up costing them in the end in FL.
While the Jesters are not perfect they could be considered the lesser of 2 evils when compared to some of the other big name programs because of cost and a director with good intentions. In the end you will find out they all have warts just to varying degrees. Hope this helps!

The 27 number seems far fetched given that the USL website specifically said the roster limit size is 24 for the U15 tourney. No matter what happened the outcome was a huge disappointment as the Jesters went down there confident that they would be able to take care of unfinished business and bring home the championship they came so close to last year. Didn't even really come close to being in the same class as Express, FCA, Florida etc. Huge drop-off in talent from last year's team.
the official rosters on the US lacrosse web site has the Jesters roster at 24 while the express roster was at 26, not sure if players were added after the official roster was posted - the post was a very good analysis of the good and bad - at the end of the day the Jesters, Ballers and fl$ were all very good teams and had had very good showings in Fla. the Express is a great team and beat everybody and deserved to be the Champions. It was a great tournament and a great experience for everybody involved and I think LI represented themselves very well.
Didn't even really come close to being in the same class as Express, FCA, Florida etc. Huge drop-off in talent from last year's team.

What do you attribute this to? Coaching? Did kids leave from last years team? Too many kids? Seems odd that there would be that big of a drop off
Last years team aged out besides a couple of players, the coaches were the same as last year. Every team goes down there wanting to win but only one can. Last years team beat the Talons on a game maybe they should of lost this years lost in ot what more could you ask for every game had excitement and a couple of bounces go the other way and nobody would be crying. Congrats to the express they had a great tourny.
Listen everyone just stop the BS Just call the guy. I am sure Jim and Rich did not stand on the sidelines look at each other and say lets lose this game. Just stop man up and call the guy.
I am sure they would love to talk to you. ENJOY YOUR SUMMER I will see everyone at the tryouts my son will continue to play for them.
Extra players were added to make 27 at last minute. No drop in talent, U-15 Jesters played the older Jesters team you mention a week before in a game scrimmage and tied them,went to overtime. Up until Hofstra tournament they were undefeated, 24 games,one tie to fl$. The boys were ready.
My son played on this team, the last few posts summed all best
My son played and didn't play but he had a lousy
Year and the sitting was justified, he ll suck it up
And hopefully be back. There were issues but
With no offense loss in OT to Talons could have
Been different under different conditions.
Load of talent on this team. Congrats to Express
Best team Expess has has in long time!!!
My son will try out again and I do recommend the
Program to others.

2015 Jesters were not in Express Orange class
No one on Island was this year, but they were
Right their with fl$ and Ballers this year. Everyone
Needs to have a cooler head let your boys make
The decision on where they want to play, great
Group of kids.
Overall it was a good year so i do not want to speak badly about the entire jesters organization. My son had a good time all sesson. He got his fair share of playing time. Great group of kids and terriffic parents. Rich is a good guy and im sure he had the kids best interest at heart. I just dont know why they needed to bring down extra kids that had not played together nor practiced together
. The coaches at disney changed everything and the kids were a little lost. My son also saw very little playing time . I am not so fast to condemn an entire program because of 1
tornament. Next year if they take their 2016 team down there they should bring their regular coaching staff to avoid all the confusion on and off the field. If their regular coach had gone this thread would not exist. I mean no disrespect to rich or jim but if they planned on coaching in florida they should have had more involvment with the team during the season.

T

The decision about which club to tryout for summer 2013 the most important factor for rising Juniors will be exposure at the best team tournaments where most of the college coaches go to. What tournaments would those be and which summer club teams usually go to those tournaments? King of the hill? Brine shoot out? Etc. in short, assuming Express orange is locked up for spots, what are the best alternatives for exposure at the best tournaments? If you have suggestions please list the club and the tournaments they wil be attending if you know their track record. Thanks.
This is true as long as the player had not played HS (JV or otherwise) this past 2012 school yr. Liklely any freshamn rising sophmore who did not play at their HS is sub-par
I have the same question regarding the Baltimore , Annapolis area. I know that Crabs are the top but what other programs in this area competes at the top tournaments and gets the "looks"?
Overall it was a good year so i do not want to speak badly about the entire jesters organization. My son had a good time all sesson. He got his fair share of playing time. Great group of kids and terriffic parents. Rich is a good guy and im sure he had the kids best interest at heart. I just dont know why they needed to bring down extra kids that had not played together nor practiced together
. The coaches at disney changed everything and the kids were a little lost. My son also saw very little playing time . I am not so fast to condemn an entire program because of 1
tornament. Next year if they take their 2016 team down there they should bring their regular coaching staff to avoid all the confusion on and off the field. If their regular coach had gone this thread would not exist. I mean no disrespect to rich or jim but if they planned on coaching in florida they should have had more involvment with the team during the season.

T

Jester's U15 played fl$ in 3D the week before LarryMiller with about 14 kids and I think the same coaches that went to LarryMiller coached at fl$ in 3D, seems like that should have been a good tune up for LarryMiller if all the new players went to Baltimore with the new coaches and regular players, so anybody complaining about new coaches and new players but didn't go to Balt. need to dial it back.

T

Jester's U15 played fl$ in 3D the week before LarryMiller with about 14 kids and I think the same coaches that went to LarryMiller coached at fl$ in 3D, seems like that should have been a good tune up for LarryMiller if all the new players went to Baltimore with the new coaches and regular players, so anybody complaining about new coaches and new players but didn't go to Balt. need to dial it back.

Jester team that was at fl$ 3d only had about 14 or 15 kids so only a subset of FL team. I heard a pretty bad express 2nd team took them to double OT at 3d which could have been a warning sign.
Sending kids going into their sophomore year in high school to a U15 tournament? LOL.
I have the same question regarding the Baltimore , Annapolis area. I know that Crabs are the top but what other programs in this area competes at the top tournaments and gets the "looks"?

The best 2015 teams in the Mid-Atlantic are Crabs, Looney's and VLC.
No need to dial it back as we are done with them. Future players should look elsewhere. fl$ 3d and disney were a complete waste of money and time. If the attack defense and coaching staff all changed for those last two tourneys you tell me where the ptoblem lies. If that is the planned coaching for the summer 2013aa rising juniors everyone save your money.
There are many good travel programs on long island to choose from. Next year my son will decide for himself who he would like to tryout for. While our experience this year with the jesters was probably more on the positive side the ball was certainly dropped as soon as the coaching change was made. But for the most part I think you would hear mostly positive things about their organization.
No need to dial it back as we are done with them. Future players should look elsewhere. fl$ 3d and disney were a complete waste of money and time. If the attack defense and coaching staff all changed for those last two tourneys you tell me where the ptoblem lies. If that is the planned coaching for the summer 2013aa rising juniors everyone save your money.

Blame fl$ then for their tournament - not the Jesters. fl$ hyped the [lacrosse] out of that tournament.
What about 2016 in the Mid Atlantic. Breakers or Rock Elite?
Congratulations to Express on winning the championship.

I also want to congratulate the rest of the LI clubs who played in the tournament.
Sending kids going into their sophomore year in high school to a U15 tournament? LOL.

U15 - U15 - U15
not 2015 or 2016
it was a U15 tournament and was open to any kid that was born after 9/1/96 - if it was a 2015 or a 2016 tournament everybody would be complaining that teams had older kids playing - most U15's are going into 10th grade. enough already
As with any tournament you go to there will be teams that can compete and teams that don't belong. With that being said the haters out there who did not go to the u 15 can say what they want about the crabs not being there or kids going into soph year shouldn't be playing in a u 15. For those who were there you know the competition was legit! There were teams there that would have beaten the crabs or West Coast Stars (who are without a doubt in the top 5 teams in the nation). I do believe that many WCS kids were their playing for the west teams. Congrats to Express as they beat a very good FCA team. Looneys, team Florida(who was very impressive) Nor Cal, DH Elite, Ballers, Jesters, Blue Devil, 3d select all competed at a high level. For those who say it was not a legit tournament, you are sadly mistaken! ps would have been nice to see laxachusetts there.
What does the U stand for in U15? Maybe this is the confusion for everone. U=Under? If Under then yes most are all to old for this bracket by defition.
I heard the date was November 1, not September.

The way I've always understood it, U15 means your kid turned 15 within the established calendar year. Not that they are under 15.

On the girls' side, which presumably has the same age criteria as the boys', the girls were for the most part rising sophomores with a few younger kids added on and also a scant few rising juniors with late birthdays.
So should be 15O - 15 or Over. look at Baseball - 15U is 15 and under - you can't be 15 before a certain date. So older 15 year olds need to move up. Not sure what is the best way but I think the issue is what people understand or the consistancey in tournement requirments. I've been at tournements like most have where the expectation is thar your kids will be playing their grade age to see them walking onto fields with kids just having shaved before the game.
Born after 9-01-96 as per the us lacrosse rules was u-15 for the national championship .
Powder you of all people should know the push is to move the respectable Nov date (which most NY can understand) to a Sept 1 date to accomidate the rest of the country which uses school year.

but remember, there will always be a younger or older child, had I would've know that I woulld have planned my kids to be born in Sept or Oct!!!
What does the U stand for in U15? Maybe this is the confusion for everone. U=Under? If Under then yes most are all to old for this bracket by defition.

USLacrosse U15 - a player may not have turned 15 on or before 8/31/2011 - the tournament was for any player born on or after 9/1/1996. most of those kids were 9th grader going into 10th grade and graduating high school June 2015. but grade was not an issue it was an aged base tournament - anybody know if Jester coaches son played? is he a rising 11th grader? was he still age eligible?
Two boys played for the Jesters from last years team. Both were age eligible one of them was a coaches son.
Hate to say it but nobody cares about this stuff. You are all talking in circles since NOBODY is going to check since there are no requirements for ID's/rosters. It is an important topic but since NOBODY is going to check for ID's/rosters etc there will be those teams that cheat and those that don't. Thats the biggest problem with Lax.
As with any tournament you go to there will be teams that can compete and teams that don't belong. With that being said the haters out there who did not go to the u 15 can say what they want about the crabs not being there or kids going into soph year shouldn't be playing in a u 15. For those who were there you know the competition was legit! There were teams there that would have beaten the crabs or West Coast Stars (who are without a doubt in the top 5 teams in the nation). I do believe that many WCS kids were their playing for the west teams. Congrats to Express as they beat a very good FCA team. Looneys, team Florida(who was very impressive) Nor Cal, DH Elite, Ballers, Jesters, Blue Devil, 3d select all competed at a high level. For those who say it was not a legit tournament, you are sadly mistaken! ps would have been nice to see laxachusetts there.

And also the Tri-State team.
Hate to say it but nobody cares about this stuff. You are all talking in circles since NOBODY is going to check since there are no requirements for ID's/rosters. It is an important topic but since NOBODY is going to check for ID's/rosters etc there will be those teams that cheat and those that don't. Thats the biggest problem with Lax.

There is an age verification for this tournament.
I"m asking this question because I truly don't know the answer. There is an age verification but is this at the time of registration or with ID cards and before each game? How to they manage the age limits once the tourn starts?
I"m asking this question because I truly don't know the answer. There is an age verification but is this at the time of registration or with ID cards and before each game? How to they manage the age limits once the tourn starts?

There is no way to prevent people from cheating, there was no verification at this tournament - it was like every other tourney. once we registered and sent in a copy of the birth certificate you were done, no photo ID or anything, the only thing preventing cheating was if other teams knew the kid. anybody could have shown up and played under another registered kids name.
That is simply not true, all kids are required to supply birth certificates and rosters and credentials are checked, yes, of course if someone really wants to cheat and use someone else's birth certificate, it can be done, but hat is the case with all youth sports. I really think for the most part kids were age appropriate. Date of Birth 9/1/96 or later...
Is it so hard for US lacrosse to require a photo to be saved of a child every year. and issue cards.

The only issue is getting hacked and having the kids info and picture out.

Please it isnt that hard..

football and soccer have this all figured out....

football and soccer have leagues that have administrations, rules and over-site - each tournament has its own rules, age based, grade based ect. and teams are constantly adding players - PAL is an example of a lacrosse league trying to do this, all kids register by grade and age, if a kid is too old for the grade by PAL definition they must prove grade with a report card or letter from the school but once the roster is set it is still up to the individual coach and PAL director to police themselves and most do but some still cheat, the only way to catch them is if you happen to know the illegal player and call the coach on it. Then the league can take the matter to a disciplinary level but by and large it is an impossible task. now try and take that to a 6 week summer team with no league to answer to and constantly changing rosters and I think it is an impossible task.

Those sports are better at reducing age issues but cheating still happens.If someone is determined enough they find a way.That being said the teams from long island have little secrets with regard to a child's grade and a coach,parent,playervwould be foolish to attempt to cheat in regard to age.I would think this is true of most teams entered.

Those sports are better at reducing age issues but cheating still happens.If someone is determined enough they find a way.That being said the teams from long island have little secrets with regard to a child's grade and a coach,parent,playervwould be foolish to attempt to cheat in regard to age.I would think this is true of most teams entered.

Then maybe the answer is league play vs tournement play. who is benefiting from these tournements? those who host the tournement and make the money - the kids aren't benefiting, playing 3 games in 4 or 5 hours. unless older and at a recruiting venue there is some value. Maybe we are exploiting our kids to much for the betterment of tournement hostes. On LI we wind up playing all LI teams for the most part when we travel. A local league for club play with controlled ages would be better, plus it would force more competition with these clubs to play agasint each other. 91 vs Express more often?
I hate the tournaments , even the local ones. Not because of those who run them, but they are too dam loooong. I would so much rather be in a league where you play 2 games in a row with a quick break in between once a week
© US Lacrosse Community Forum