Home
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Girls from the class of 2024 in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/18/19 12:39 PM
Where did the girls go from M n D black 2024 they lost about 5?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/19/19 11:43 PM
Does it matter? Looks like they replaced those girls with better TEAM players!,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/21/19 06:45 PM
Guess thats your opinion
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/21/19 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does it matter? Looks like they replaced those girls with better TEAM players!,

Ouch..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/17/19 01:26 AM
I’d bet ur one of the 5 looking for more attention.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/24/19 04:55 PM
US Club Rankings. Someone needs to let them know that LBC is done
MC elite is awful
Rebels will not win a game.
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/25/19 03:55 PM
Wait, what happened to LBC? They were a very solid team!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/25/19 05:48 PM
their goalie pulled out to sw and the remainder of the team found a new home mu and m&d
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/02/19 01:35 AM
Mnd Black 24 - undefeated fall season
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/02/19 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
their goalie pulled out to sw and the remainder of the team found a new home mu and m&d


I feel bad for the girls that went to MD United. You go from a phenomenal coach at LBC to a less than mediocre one at MDU. The positive note is that MDU plays in better tournaments, however coaches will find you regardless.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/04/19 06:13 PM
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/05/19 02:05 AM
Not sure they played in better tournaments? Rivalry Challenge and LBC was at Mid Atlantic. Not sure most players are happier with less competition, worse team, less play time and more travel. Now they are playing all B teams and not winning.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/05/19 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.


Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 01/31/20 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.


Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.


Agree re MDU 24 coach at St Mary's . Had experience personally myself as a 2018 parent. I have a younger daughter too who was not on LBC but very aware of the circumstances due to a good friend. The LBC girls who left for MDU will understand their bad move eventually. This I promise. I have been through the process before and knowledgeable of the Annapolis area politics too. The LBC to MDU move was orchestrated by particular helicopter parents who wanted to control everything themselves for both of their daughters. Their 24 daughter was happy with her team so they decided to take the whole team with them so their younger daughter wasn't penalized because of what they thought was best for their 23 daughter. They thought that spending a lot of money with LBC over the years allowed them to have more control than the other parents. These same parents also organized private practices/workouts at their own home and excluded other girls on the team. Talk about creating drama, etc.. Not good role models for building a "Team" culture. MDU will just use them for their generosity I promise and don't be surprised if one or more of these girls are eventually moved to the West team. I have seen it happen too many times in the past with MDU. Don't know the LBC director or his wife but they have always had nice parents, coaches and talented girls when my younger daughter played against them. Sad to see what helicopter parents can do to a team! I felt the need to share this detailed info because I just couldn't believe a small group of parents (especially the 2 who organized it) would decimate an entire team for their own daughter's benefit. It was disgusting and a new low IMHO.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/08/20 01:52 AM
Why did the SW 24 blue coach quit? Have to do with the crazy team mom trying to run the show?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/20/20 10:48 PM
MnD black looked weak this weekend. All around and goal keeping really poor.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/21/20 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MnD black looked weak this weekend. All around and goal keeping really poor.

No way Jose, you be cray cray.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/21/20 03:36 PM
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 07/21/20 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.

Well M&D doesn't cut kids over parents' conduct. Parents have considerable influence on coaches at M&D. Add that on to the fact that almost every team at M&D has parent coaches as head/assistant/ and upaid assistant or quote "volunteer coaches" or some variation of all three --- that's a whole lot of parental influence going on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Club Rankings. Someone needs to let them know that LBC is done
MC elite is awful
Rebels will not win a game.
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?




Now that summer 2020 is over, any teams move in/out of the top ten for 2024?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
US Club Rankings. Someone needs to let them know that LBC is done
MC elite is awful
Rebels will not win a game.
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?




Now that summer 2020 is over, any teams move in/out of the top ten for 2024?

IMO you can not base new rankings over a summer season during a pandemic. Many teams were not allowed to participate in events, many players chose to opt-out of summer because of the pandemic.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.

Well M&D doesn't cut kids over parents' conduct. Parents have considerable influence on coaches at M&D. Add that on to the fact that almost every team at M&D has parent coaches as head/assistant/ and upaid assistant or quote "volunteer coaches" or some variation of all three --- that's a whole lot of parental influence going on.
Your first statement is a false one. M&D does indeed cut players over parent conduct, has happened multiple times. The rest of what you say is spot on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/10/20 04:53 PM
Agreed 100%. I will say regional events only for some didn’t allow teams to play the best out there. I was impressed with NEMS in Mid Atlantic. Only losses all summer were to M&D. Beat SW by 4 too. They were underrated going into season before pandemic and I don’t belong to NEMS!

Heros green struggled. SW was below .500 this summer and played a weak bracket at Summer Genesis. Pride got worse. Stars is now done at 24’s. Weird summer and hope we can play in fall for the kids and not rankings.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/12/20 04:12 PM
Heros green struggled. SW was below .500 this summer and played a weak bracket at Summer Genesis. Pride got worse. Stars is now done at 24’s. Weird summer and hope we can play in fall for the kids and not rankings.[/quote]

Hero's needs a coaching overhaul. The 24's are stagnating cause of the coaches.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/13/20 02:13 AM
MND just got stronger!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/13/20 04:33 PM
Thanks be! I was worried about them.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/09/20 09:16 PM
Good weekend of lacrosse in Baltimore. Some of the teams stayed away but enough good teams to make it a great weekend. Makes up a little for the lost summer. Hope the NY teams can make it down soon !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 03:43 AM
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MND just got stronger!!

Cough cough
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 11:44 AM
You know this as a fact? Why are you threatening his employer & school district? Confused...wouldn’t this be an issue w/ the actual club?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 12:59 PM
Stop the drama. Team found out at 6pm on Saturday and shut down immediately.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 06:58 PM
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 07:13 PM
Someone’s crazy mommy wrote that if she was really concerned wouldn’t have let her kid or family out at games at any time. People are doing trainings and playing games every weekend. It’s gonna happen so don’t be shocked. 99% will not even know they have it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/20 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for
☝🏻
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/14/20 01:25 PM
was the team pulled from the weekend after finding out Saturday night? Did the child play this weekend?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/14/20 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district
What the heck is wrong with you!? Please pull your kid out of lax and go live in a bubble far far away. Contacting an employer, you are a nut job.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/20 10:18 AM
Unfortunately a positive Covid test has the implication that that person has done something wrong. Until that attitude changes contact tracing and notifications will continue to be ineffective. We need to support each other and not make accusations. Everyone in contact eg refs players parents and facilities deserves to be notified quickly.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/20 01:59 AM
Says team was notified at 6 and games were then cancelled.

I agree with last post as well. Someone on your own team is gonna get it. Hope you all do the right thing and let all know immediately.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/20 12:39 PM
While I completely agree the coaches employer should not be contacted (and surely no legal recourse?!) but just curious why the player was at the tourney on Saturday

1) if they were tested before the tournament and were waiting for the results, they should have been quarantined

2) if the player had symptoms and got a rapid test after the games, they still shouldn’t have been at the tourney

Are there details I’m missing? By all means, no one should be shamed or scared to announce they tested positive for COVID, it’s not the first or last time this will happen but we need to be sure we’re being responsible so more incidents like this don’t get attention and shut down tourneys due to safety concerns
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/20 02:45 PM
A lot of details missing. First, there was no tournament this past weekend. There was only a game. The team played in a tourney the previous weekend and by all accounts, the girl did not have covid at that time. Her family became aware of her having it on this past Saturday, immediately notified the coach and the coach immediately canceled all activities and notified all families on the team. Many other girls were then tested and all are negative. It was handled as well as it possibly could have been handled. If you hear otherwise, it is lies.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/03/20 03:20 PM
Keep your eyes open when playing Skywalkers 24 blue. On FPS they hook and hold the players next to shooter. Ask the refs to watch from the beginning. It’s obvious they are taught this. Just like their obnoxious behavior on sidelines even when committing rough fouls or injuring a player. They get more yellows than any team out there and laugh the whole time. IMO the most classless team out there and their behaviors are encouraged by the coaches.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/03/20 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep your eyes open when playing Skywalkers 24 blue. On FPS they hook and hold the players next to shooter. Ask the refs to watch from the beginning. It’s obvious they are taught this. Just like their obnoxious behavior on sidelines even when committing rough fouls or injuring a player. They get more yellows than any team out there and laugh the whole time. IMO the most classless team out there and their behaviors are encouraged by the coaches.
Wow. Haven’t adjusted to daylight savings yet?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/03/20 11:19 PM
I think you misspelled M&D Black.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/05/20 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Keep your eyes open when playing Skywalkers 24 blue. On FPS they hook and hold the players next to shooter. Ask the refs to watch from the beginning. It’s obvious they are taught this. Just like their obnoxious behavior on sidelines even when committing rough fouls or injuring a player. They get more yellows than any team out there and laugh the whole time. IMO the most classless team out there and their behaviors are encouraged by the coaches.

Oh dear, we're all guessing your "Suzy go to goal" daughter lost to them (SW)? That's truly unfortunate and hopefully she, we mean you, are not scarred for life. Many players do this as "you take what the ref gives you." Pansy!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/05/20 02:30 PM
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/09/20 01:48 PM
We just returned to San Diego (Mad Dog West Elite girls 2024) from Prime Time and LAX Recruiting Challenge. Wanted to give the Mid-atlantic region cudos for putting together a great weekend of lacrosse. The competition our girls faced was significantly better overall than what they face in California and we are looking forward to more trips out here in the future.

As we are not very familiar with the Eastern teams, I was curious what the forum thought about the teams that our girls faced (MD United, LI Legacy, M&D Red, Mesa Elite, Phantastix Purple, and Carolina Fever)? Our girls had a good weekend (6-0; I realize that COVID rules/no draws change things a bit) and we are trying to gauge where the team is relative to the rest of the country. Obviously the vast majority of the talent is out East so it is fun to pick the brains of people who understand the lacrosse landscape at a national level.

By the way I am new to this forum and apologize if this type of question has been asked by other Western parents previously.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/10/20 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We just returned to San Diego (Mad Dog West Elite girls 2024) from Prime Time and LAX Recruiting Challenge. Wanted to give the Mid-atlantic region cudos for putting together a great weekend of lacrosse. The competition our girls faced was significantly better overall than what they face in California and we are looking forward to more trips out here in the future.

As we are not very familiar with the Eastern teams, I was curious what the forum thought about the teams that our girls faced (MD United, LI Legacy, M&D Red, Mesa Elite, Phantastix Purple, and Carolina Fever)? Our girls had a good weekend (6-0; I realize that COVID rules/no draws change things a bit) and we are trying to gauge where the team is relative to the rest of the country. Obviously the vast majority of the talent is out East so it is fun to pick the brains of people who understand the lacrosse landscape at a national level.

By the way I am new to this forum and apologize if this type of question has been asked by other Western parents previously.

Glad your teams from out west could make the trip. It was a great event and well attended. The best 2024 teams this weekend played on Saturday at the Chesapeake Invitational (Heros, SW, M & D, Monsters, Pride, Capital, LI Top Guns). You might have gotten more "bang for your buck" had you been able to register for both events, however 6 games in 2 days could be a bit much. The teams noted above are a mix of B+ (MD United and Legacy) and B- teams. This does not mean they are not competitive as they run a well organized offense, but just lack the overall athleticism and tenacity as the top A level programs. The way I look at it is that the girls are able to compete in athletics when most HS seasons have been postponed. Truly lucky.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/19/20 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.

You must not be from Baltimore or a Skywalker parent trying to hide.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/22/20 01:57 PM
Who’s the next big time player from the 24 age group in Maryland? Interested In hearing some opinions although I think most would make their own kid. I’ll start with 2 kids that impress me. Left handed attacker on Nems and #2 on heros green. Play unselfish and always working. Can hurt you in multiple ways. Really like their game!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/23/20 07:01 PM
Skywalkers imo is their best player. Does everything, will be a player at next level.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/23/20 11:30 PM
Clever M&D subterfuge. Ask other clubs to identify all of the strongest players so they can recruit them.

Bravo, well played!

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/24/20 02:31 AM
Careful. It could be Mike & Molly looking to send invites for their private top secret tryouts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/24/20 01:03 PM
This is gross to be talking about ninth grade girls. They’re all good and all trying their best.


smile[/quote]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/24/20 03:46 PM
Oh Please !!! I watched the 24 black coach use the 21 Black coach on two different occasions this summer to hold a "training" - ie... private tryout for two girls from other clubs. And little squat assistant coach was there watching too. My daughter was at the fields both days. So don't try to cast aspersions on skywalkers and private tryouts. M&D is just as guilty. I'm sure hero's does the same.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Careful. It could be Mike & Molly looking to send invites for their private top secret tryouts.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/24/20 04:39 PM
Little squat assistant seems redundant.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/24/20 05:31 PM
OK - then regular squat
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Little squat assistant seems redundant.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/26/20 03:24 PM
Sounds like AP in da house !
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/27/20 12:02 AM
Tr
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/08/20 08:39 PM
The squatty assistant coach as you write played lacrosse at UVA, is a strong and extremely fit individual and to be called a "little squatty assistance" is an insult. So I'm sure he would not care but I think you are big donkey!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/08/20 08:41 PM
The squatty assistant coach as you write played lacrosse at UVA, is a strong and extremely fit individual and to be called a "little squatty assistance" is an insult. So I'm sure he would not care but I think you are big donkey!!!
Posted By: The Hop Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/08/20 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is gross to be talking about ninth grade girls. They’re all good and all trying their best.


smile
[/quote]
<Warning> Anyone singling out a player by name, number or other identifying language will be barred from further comments and your IP address recorded in the event harassment charges are filed by parents.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/21/20 06:09 PM
Apex showcases..... Are these worth the money to check out?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 12/24/20 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Apex showcases..... Are these worth the money to check out?

For a 24 from Maryland, No.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/17/21 09:27 PM
My 24 did the fall showcase. It was a good experience. She played against a lot of girls from NJ/NY. She said it felt different than playing against MD girls. She had several great college coaches. She also gained confidence. They are expensive, but if you can afford the cost I'd say go for it.
© Back of THE CAGE