@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Girls from the class of 2024 in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Where did the girls go from M n D black 2024 they lost about 5?
Does it matter? Looks like they replaced those girls with better TEAM players!,
Guess thats your opinion
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does it matter? Looks like they replaced those girls with better TEAM players!,

Ouch..
I’d bet ur one of the 5 looking for more attention.
US Club Rankings. Someone needs to let them know that LBC is done
MC elite is awful
Rebels will not win a game.
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?
Wait, what happened to LBC? They were a very solid team!
their goalie pulled out to sw and the remainder of the team found a new home mu and m&d
Mnd Black 24 - undefeated fall season
their goalie pulled out to sw and the remainder of the team found a new home mu and m&d

I feel bad for the girls that went to MD United. You go from a phenomenal coach at LBC to a less than mediocre one at MDU. The positive note is that MDU plays in better tournaments, however coaches will find you regardless.
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.
Not sure they played in better tournaments? Rivalry Challenge and LBC was at Mid Atlantic. Not sure most players are happier with less competition, worse team, less play time and more travel. Now they are playing all B teams and not winning.
Better coach at lbc? That’s funny. The director is the reason all left. Bad tournies. Bad attitude. People are happier I’m sure.

Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.

Director or director’s wife? She can be a “pill” but the dude has his player’s best interest in mind. The MDU 2024 head coach is a “laughing stock” at St. Mary’s. Her 2018 East team was so talented and completely was out coached at every tournament. You need to do your homework. All will come out in the wash. Hey but those girls get to cross the bridge for practice now so that will be good quality time spent in the car.

Agree re MDU 24 coach at St Mary's . Had experience personally myself as a 2018 parent. I have a younger daughter too who was not on LBC but very aware of the circumstances due to a good friend. The LBC girls who left for MDU will understand their bad move eventually. This I promise. I have been through the process before and knowledgeable of the Annapolis area politics too. The LBC to MDU move was orchestrated by particular helicopter parents who wanted to control everything themselves for both of their daughters. Their 24 daughter was happy with her team so they decided to take the whole team with them so their younger daughter wasn't penalized because of what they thought was best for their 23 daughter. They thought that spending a lot of money with LBC over the years allowed them to have more control than the other parents. These same parents also organized private practices/workouts at their own home and excluded other girls on the team. Talk about creating drama, etc.. Not good role models for building a "Team" culture. MDU will just use them for their generosity I promise and don't be surprised if one or more of these girls are eventually moved to the West team. I have seen it happen too many times in the past with MDU. Don't know the LBC director or his wife but they have always had nice parents, coaches and talented girls when my younger daughter played against them. Sad to see what helicopter parents can do to a team! I felt the need to share this detailed info because I just couldn't believe a small group of parents (especially the 2 who organized it) would decimate an entire team for their own daughter's benefit. It was disgusting and a new low IMHO.
Why did the SW 24 blue coach quit? Have to do with the crazy team mom trying to run the show?
MnD black looked weak this weekend. All around and goal keeping really poor.
MnD black looked weak this weekend. All around and goal keeping really poor.

No way Jose, you be cray cray.
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.
It's really sad to see what the parents can do but it happens everywhere. We're deep into boys and girls lacrosse and the thing to remember is that in most cases the parents can't help their kids with the coach, they can only hurt. My daughter's coach will absolutely cut players based on the parents and I'm glad he does.

Well M&D doesn't cut kids over parents' conduct. Parents have considerable influence on coaches at M&D. Add that on to the fact that almost every team at M&D has parent coaches as head/assistant/ and upaid assistant or quote "volunteer coaches" or some variation of all three --- that's a whole lot of parental influence going on.
MC elite is awful
I think the rankings are funny. Everyone knows you have to go thru Heros , YJ , SW and M&D to win.

Does anyone watch these games and can comment on who plays a style that college coaches like? Do all kids play even or do they look better when they fill their role while team plays to win?

Now that summer 2020 is over, any teams move in/out of the top ten for 2024?
MC elite is awful

Now that summer 2020 is over, any teams move in/out of the top ten for 2024?

IMO you can not base new rankings over a summer season during a pandemic. Many teams were not allowed to participate in events, many players chose to opt-out of summer because of the pandemic.

Well M&D doesn't cut kids over parents' conduct. Parents have considerable influence on coaches at M&D. Add that on to the fact that almost every team at M&D has parent coaches as head/assistant/ and upaid assistant or quote "volunteer coaches" or some variation of all three --- that's a whole lot of parental influence going on.
Your first statement is a false one. M&D does indeed cut players over parent conduct, has happened multiple times. The rest of what you say is spot on.
Agreed 100%. I will say regional events only for some didn’t allow teams to play the best out there. I was impressed with NEMS in Mid Atlantic. Only losses all summer were to M&D. Beat SW by 4 too. They were underrated going into season before pandemic and I don’t belong to NEMS!

Heros green struggled. SW was below .500 this summer and played a weak bracket at Summer Genesis. Pride got worse. Stars is now done at 24’s. Weird summer and hope we can play in fall for the kids and not rankings.
Heros green struggled. SW was below .500 this summer and played a weak bracket at Summer Genesis. Pride got worse. Stars is now done at 24’s. Weird summer and hope we can play in fall for the kids and not rankings.[/quote]

Hero's needs a coaching overhaul. The 24's are stagnating cause of the coaches.
MND just got stronger!!
Thanks be! I was worried about them.
Good weekend of lacrosse in Baltimore. Some of the teams stayed away but enough good teams to make it a great weekend. Makes up a little for the lost summer. Hope the NY teams can make it down soon !
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district
MND just got stronger!!

Cough cough
You know this as a fact? Why are you threatening his employer & school district? Confused...wouldn’t this be an issue w/ the actual club?
Stop the drama. Team found out at 6pm on Saturday and shut down immediately.
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for
Someone’s crazy mommy wrote that if she was really concerned wouldn’t have let her kid or family out at games at any time. People are doing trainings and playing games every weekend. It’s gonna happen so don’t be shocked. 99% will not even know they have it.
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for
☝🏻
was the team pulled from the weekend after finding out Saturday night? Did the child play this weekend?
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district
What the heck is wrong with you!? Please pull your kid out of lax and go live in a bubble far far away. Contacting an employer, you are a nut job.
Unfortunately a positive Covid test has the implication that that person has done something wrong. Until that attitude changes contact tracing and notifications will continue to be ineffective. We need to support each other and not make accusations. Everyone in contact eg refs players parents and facilities deserves to be notified quickly.
Says team was notified at 6 and games were then cancelled.

I agree with last post as well. Someone on your own team is gonna get it. Hope you all do the right thing and let all know immediately.
While I completely agree the coaches employer should not be contacted (and surely no legal recourse?!) but just curious why the player was at the tourney on Saturday

1) if they were tested before the tournament and were waiting for the results, they should have been quarantined

2) if the player had symptoms and got a rapid test after the games, they still shouldn’t have been at the tourney

Are there details I’m missing? By all means, no one should be shamed or scared to announce they tested positive for COVID, it’s not the first or last time this will happen but we need to be sure we’re being responsible so more incidents like this don’t get attention and shut down tourneys due to safety concerns
A lot of details missing. First, there was no tournament this past weekend. There was only a game. The team played in a tourney the previous weekend and by all accounts, the girl did not have covid at that time. Her family became aware of her having it on this past Saturday, immediately notified the coach and the coach immediately canceled all activities and notified all families on the team. Many other girls were then tested and all are negative. It was handled as well as it possibly could have been handled. If you hear otherwise, it is lies.
Keep your eyes open when playing Skywalkers 24 blue. On FPS they hook and hold the players next to shooter. Ask the refs to watch from the beginning. It’s obvious they are taught this. Just like their obnoxious behavior on sidelines even when committing rough fouls or injuring a player. They get more yellows than any team out there and laugh the whole time. IMO the most classless team out there and their behaviors are encouraged by the coaches.
Keep your eyes open when playing Skywalkers 24 blue. On FPS they hook and hold the players next to shooter. Ask the refs to watch from the beginning. It’s obvious they are taught this. Just like their obnoxious behavior on sidelines even when committing rough fouls or injuring a player. They get more yellows than any team out there and laugh the whole time. IMO the most classless team out there and their behaviors are encouraged by the coaches.
Wow. Haven’t adjusted to daylight savings yet?
I think you misspelled M&D Black.

Oh dear, we're all guessing your "Suzy go to goal" daughter lost to them (SW)? That's truly unfortunate and hopefully she, we mean you, are not scarred for life. Many players do this as "you take what the ref gives you." Pansy!
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.
We just returned to San Diego (Mad Dog West Elite girls 2024) from Prime Time and LAX Recruiting Challenge. Wanted to give the Mid-atlantic region cudos for putting together a great weekend of lacrosse. The competition our girls faced was significantly better overall than what they face in California and we are looking forward to more trips out here in the future.

As we are not very familiar with the Eastern teams, I was curious what the forum thought about the teams that our girls faced (MD United, LI Legacy, M&D Red, Mesa Elite, Phantastix Purple, and Carolina Fever)? Our girls had a good weekend (6-0; I realize that COVID rules/no draws change things a bit) and we are trying to gauge where the team is relative to the rest of the country. Obviously the vast majority of the talent is out East so it is fun to pick the brains of people who understand the lacrosse landscape at a national level.

By the way I am new to this forum and apologize if this type of question has been asked by other Western parents previously.
We just returned to San Diego (Mad Dog West Elite girls 2024) from Prime Time and LAX Recruiting Challenge. Wanted to give the Mid-atlantic region cudos for putting together a great weekend of lacrosse. The competition our girls faced was significantly better overall than what they face in California and we are looking forward to more trips out here in the future.

As we are not very familiar with the Eastern teams, I was curious what the forum thought about the teams that our girls faced (MD United, LI Legacy, M&D Red, Mesa Elite, Phantastix Purple, and Carolina Fever)? Our girls had a good weekend (6-0; I realize that COVID rules/no draws change things a bit) and we are trying to gauge where the team is relative to the rest of the country. Obviously the vast majority of the talent is out East so it is fun to pick the brains of people who understand the lacrosse landscape at a national level.

By the way I am new to this forum and apologize if this type of question has been asked by other Western parents previously.

Glad your teams from out west could make the trip. It was a great event and well attended. The best 2024 teams this weekend played on Saturday at the Chesapeake Invitational (Heros, SW, M & D, Monsters, Pride, Capital, LI Top Guns). You might have gotten more "bang for your buck" had you been able to register for both events, however 6 games in 2 days could be a bit much. The teams noted above are a mix of B+ (MD United and Legacy) and B- teams. This does not mean they are not competitive as they run a well organized offense, but just lack the overall athleticism and tenacity as the top A level programs. The way I look at it is that the girls are able to compete in athletics when most HS seasons have been postponed. Truly lucky.
Guess Skywalkers beat you and you are sad. My daughter plays on an opposing team and they are our favorite team to play. Always great competition.

You must not be from Baltimore or a Skywalker parent trying to hide.
Who’s the next big time player from the 24 age group in Maryland? Interested In hearing some opinions although I think most would make their own kid. I’ll start with 2 kids that impress me. Left handed attacker on Nems and #2 on heros green. Play unselfish and always working. Can hurt you in multiple ways. Really like their game!
Skywalkers imo is their best player. Does everything, will be a player at next level.
Clever M&D subterfuge. Ask other clubs to identify all of the strongest players so they can recruit them.

Bravo, well played!

smile
Careful. It could be Mike & Molly looking to send invites for their private top secret tryouts.
This is gross to be talking about ninth grade girls. They’re all good and all trying their best.

smile[/quote]
Oh Please !!! I watched the 24 black coach use the 21 Black coach on two different occasions this summer to hold a "training" - ie... private tryout for two girls from other clubs. And little squat assistant coach was there watching too. My daughter was at the fields both days. So don't try to cast aspersions on skywalkers and private tryouts. M&D is just as guilty. I'm sure hero's does the same.

Careful. It could be Mike & Molly looking to send invites for their private top secret tryouts.
Little squat assistant seems redundant.
OK - then regular squat
Sounds like AP in da house !
Tr
The squatty assistant coach as you write played lacrosse at UVA, is a strong and extremely fit individual and to be called a "little squatty assistance" is an insult. So I'm sure he would not care but I think you are big donkey!!!
The squatty assistant coach as you write played lacrosse at UVA, is a strong and extremely fit individual and to be called a "little squatty assistance" is an insult. So I'm sure he would not care but I think you are big donkey!!!
This is gross to be talking about ninth grade girls. They’re all good and all trying their best.

smile
[/quote]
<Warning> Anyone singling out a player by name, number or other identifying language will be barred from further comments and your IP address recorded in the event harassment charges are filed by parents.
Apex showcases..... Are these worth the money to check out?
Apex showcases..... Are these worth the money to check out?

For a 24 from Maryland, No.
My 24 did the fall showcase. It was a good experience. She played against a lot of girls from NJ/NY. She said it felt different than playing against MD girls. She had several great college coaches. She also gained confidence. They are expensive, but if you can afford the cost I'd say go for it.
Who is the favorite to win MId Atlantic?

Monster, SWB, LIYJ are all playing well…

Does M&D get back on track?

Steps or NEMS as a dark horse?

M&D FTW
M&D won’t win until the coach lets the players play and stops micromanaging every decision and situation. Coach thinks he’s the one that colleg recruits are coming to see.

M&D FTW

Monsters will take it

LIYJ and Steps both just lost to Team 180 at US Lacrosse Nationals. My money is on Monster or SWB.
I agree completely the coach is doing such a disservice to some very talented players. By continually micromanaging every moment of every play, he is crippling their development as a field player. This is glaringly evident every time you watch the individual girls play outside the M&D environment. When required to think individually on the field the talented girls appear lost and confused about what to do.
M&D won’t win until the coach lets the players play and stops micromanaging every decision and situation. Coach thinks he’s the one that colleg recruits are coming to see.
Wow, coach is out there on the field with a stick in his hand?
This weekend any number of teams could win it, playoff games are 24 minutes (2/12 min halfs)

SW, Monsters, Nems, Team 180, M&D all will be in the mix, 24 minute games are tough. You get down a couple of goals and maybe get a yellow card and it tough to overcome. Looking forward to seeing all these good teams play and hope nobody gets injured.

Good luck to all the teams.

Short games and winning draw becomes even more important, hot goalie can also help all the teams mentioned above have good goalies.
This weekend any number of teams could win it, playoff games are 24 minutes (2/12 min halfs)

SW, Monsters, Nems, Team 180, M&D all will be in the mix, 24 minute games are tough. You get down a couple of goals and maybe get a yellow card and it tough to overcome. Looking forward to seeing all these good teams play and hope nobody gets injured.

Good luck to all the teams.

Short games and winning draw becomes even more important, hot goalie can also help all the teams mentioned above have good goalies.

Team 180 was not in top bracket but probably should be. Fast, move the ball down the field well, selfless teamwork, and fearless goalie in the game I saw the end of. Also, the girls seemed to have fun. Maybe it’s because unlike some other top teams the coaches weren’t screaming about mistakes.
JB is playing checkers while everyone else is playing chess

I couldn’t find any information about his playing career. Did he ever play

It is not accurate to call him squatty. He’s more jockey sized
JB too busy dealing with psycho red head dads!!’ SR.
Only one MD team in the final 4. Ouch.
Who won it?
SR and his custom made M&D clothes. Guy needs to get a life
SR and his custom made M&D clothes. Guy needs to get a life

No need for envy. Good for him.
Pretty sure whoever posted “little squatty coach” didn’t mean it as a compliment. It was meant to be insulting
Idc how strong and fit he is. He is still always going to be short. Classic Napoleon complex
Pretty sure whoever posted “little squatty coach” didn’t mean it as a compliment. It was meant to be insulting
Idc how strong and fit he is. He is still always going to be short. Classic Napoleon complex

Sure this isn’t a coach who went to school in Virginia ?
I’m 100% sure I’m referring to the previously mentioned squatty, jockey sized (but extremely fit) assistant coach that indeed went to school in Virginia. The head coach is also squatty, but definitely not jockey sized.
UVA or W&L?
Rosters were posted for M&D and girls were cut from both teams. Two hours later rosters repost and they're back on the teams. Now players and their parents are upset and heading to tryouts at three other clubs. This is what happens when a club let's moms and dads interfere with teams. It angers parents who do not have the luxury of calling up the club administrators/owners and having their kids put back on rosters or moved to the black team. What should be the best team around is a disaster right now.
Rosters were posted for M&D and girls were cut from both teams. Two hours later rosters repost and they're back on the teams. Now players and their parents are upset and heading to tryouts at three other clubs. This is what happens when a club let's moms and dads interfere with teams. It angers parents who do not have the luxury of calling up the club administrators/owners and having their kids put back on rosters or moved to the black team. What should be the best team around is a disaster right now.
If what you are saying is correct, why does anyone want their daughters to play there? Serious question. Is it really worth it?
Better question would be, why would anyone want their daughter playing for that coach? Serious issues with his style and micromanagement of the team
If what you are saying is correct, why does anyone want their daughters to play there? Serious question. Is it really worth it?

I heard that this is the same team, girls were told at a tournament behind the bleachers they were being cut from teams? Sent away crying? Is there truth to this? If so, don’t want my kid part of that club
I heard that this is the same team, girls were told at a tournament behind the bleachers they were being cut from teams? Sent away crying? Is there truth to this? If so, don’t want my kid part of that club[/quote]

Same club/ different team
I heard that this is the same team, girls were told at a tournament behind the bleachers they were being cut from teams? Sent away crying? Is there truth to this? If so, don’t want my kid part of that club

Same club/ different team[/quote]

Ok, thank you
Anyone else get sad when you realize the 24s are ending their club lax journey in the coming months? Wild to think a lot girls will be committed in early fall
Anyone else get sad when you realize the 24s are ending their club lax journey in the coming months? Wild to think a lot girls will be committed in early fall

They have a year left. Lots of really good players in the area that will be finding a really good opportunity. Excited to see where they all land and excited to see great competitive games this summer.
Is it just skywalkers 24 that is ridiculously violent or is it all ages for skywalkers as a program. I assume the coaches preach overly aggressive play as all I see from every game is yellow card after yellow card. Over the years I have seen the coaching staff congratulate girls for “earning” a penalty instead of coaching them away from potentially hurting girls.
Teams that play them this summer might want to consider helmets and pads
Is it just skywalkers 24 that is ridiculously violent or is it all ages for skywalkers as a program. I assume the coaches preach overly aggressive play as all I see from every game is yellow card after yellow card. Over the years I have seen the coaching staff congratulate girls for “earning” a penalty instead of coaching them away from potentially hurting girls.

Did they have an issue with this recently or from past history? They are a talented team but very inconsistent.

All teams

Did they have an issue with this recently or from past history? They are a talented team but very inconsistent.

I don’t question their talent, I question their coaching overly aggressive play. As for yesterday, all hearsay but I heard from 2 teams parents that it was more of the same and they got 4+ yellow cards in each of the games. As for history, saw it first hand for the last few years and it is over the top and girls have and will continue to get hurt

I don’t question their talent, I question their coaching overly aggressive play. As for yesterday, all hearsay but I heard from 2 teams parents that it was more of the same and they got 4+ yellow cards in each of the games. As for history, saw it first hand for the last few years and it is over the top and girls have and will continue to get hurt

1 or 2 players get all the cards for that team.
Considering that 19+ players on the final four teams were Skywalkers, I would say that the club is more than a successful and the playing style is conducive to being sought after by the nations top, elite teams.
Considering that 19+ players on the final four teams were Skywalkers, I would say that the club is more than a successful and the playing style is conducive to being sought after by the nations top, elite teams.

Or they used to have good players.

Ha, that is as funny.
But seriously, is the 24 team an anomaly to the program or are college coaches always looking for girls who aim for concussions and yellow cards and it just isn’t talked about.

Ha, that is as funny.
But seriously, is the 24 team an anomaly to the program or are college coaches always looking for girls who aim for concussions and yellow cards and it just isn’t talked about.

No college teams want kids that cant move and have no control of stick or body. Plus cards usually end up costing a goal 50%of the time.

Ha, that is as funny.

The 24 team has always played like that. They also hold their opponent's sticks down on draws and 8 meters until they get caught and called out by the refs. They put their sticks on tops of their opponent's sticks. Its super annoying

Lol, the teams are still stacked.

Every year girls are going to top 10 schools.

This is how they play on all of their teams. Just ask the girls who wake up with bruises the next day after playing them. One would have to assume this is how their organization is coached.

This is how they play on all of their teams. Just ask the girls who wake up with bruises the next day after playing them. One would have to assume this is how their organization is coached.

They've been playing that way for almost 20 years.

that wasnt the question. Coaching is gettting worse there. They allow and encourage these goon tactics. Tackling, slashing, kicking and look at the talent at 26-30 . Not much going on there.

that wasnt the question. Coaching is gettting worse there. They allow and encourage these goon tactics. Tackling, slashing, kicking and look at the talent at 26-30 . Not much going on there.

Skywalker teams don’t really excel until about 8th grade and always get influx of talent due to recruiting pipelines
Heard the SWB / Heroes Green game had 50+ coaches yesterday, very impressive showing
Heard the SWB / Heroes Green game had 50+ coaches yesterday, very impressive showing

It was a great game and zero yellow cards. All the comments about SW and coaching a“dirty style” of play is just BS. Are their teams aggressive, yes. So are all of the other top clubs. Quit your “shade”! Good luck during the recruiting process.

It was a great game and zero yellow cards. All the comments about SW and coaching a“dirty style” of play is just BS. Are their teams aggressive, yes. So are all of the other top clubs. Quit your “shade”! Good luck during the recruiting process.
That’s funny because there were 2 yellow cards on skywalkers in that game and they had 5 yellows and a green card the week before.
Anyone else concerned at the lack of commitments to top programs so far for the Maryland 24’s? The past couple years I’ve noticed that more players are being recruited from regions other than the usual MD/LI hot beds. The explosion in the amount of clubs/players in club lacrosse for the 2022’s and younger has seemed to make it a lot harder to get recruited at all. I’ve seen a lot of great MD players not find a home at all the past couple years and end up playing club in college or forgo playing in college at all.
Anyone else concerned at the lack of commitments to top programs so far for the Maryland 24’s? The past couple years I’ve noticed that more players are being recruited from regions other than the usual MD/LI hot beds. The explosion in the amount of clubs/players in club lacrosse for the 2022’s and younger has seemed to make it a lot harder to get recruited at all. I’ve seen a lot of great MD players not find a home at all the past couple years and end up playing club in college or forgo playing in college at all.
I was thinking the same thing-only seen 2(?) locals SW & Nems? MD is not the hotbed anymore….
I was thinking the same thing-only seen 2(?) locals SW & Nems? MD is not the hotbed anymore….

They’ll start to roll in next week after some of these girls
Get their visits done. The weekend after Sept 1st being a holiday may have slowed it down. But these girls are visiting multiple schools. I think you’ll start to hear more next week

Get their visits done. The weekend after Sept 1st being a holiday may have slowed it down. But these girls are visiting multiple schools. I think you’ll start to hear more next week

People-relax. These girls are getting their visits in. You can’t get the uniformed-up money shot when you accept over the phone!
Just look at your daughters snapmap to see where the girls are on the weekends and sometimes during the week.
Some schools fever-recruit in the beginning because they want to lock down on some girls. That’s it. That’s what you are seeing.

People-relax. These girls are getting their visits in. You can’t get the uniformed-up money shot when you accept over the phone!
Just look at your daughters snapmap to see where the girls are on the weekends and sometimes during the week.
Some schools fever-recruit in the beginning because they want to lock down on some girls. That’s it. That’s what you are seeing.

Why would the 2024’s who have already committed have a different need than the hot bed girls? Your point isn’t valid. And the original poster mentioned the 22’s and 23’s also and they aren’t waiting for college visits to make a decision. Today’s Inside Lacrosse Top 10 2024’s shows just how much the game has grown across the country. Sadly the Maryland girls no longer have an advantage. If anything, these programs are looking to grow their reach and relationships with other clubs throughout the country. It’s no longer possible for a club owner or recruiting director to just make a call to a college coach w their yearly favorites for immediate placement. The recruiting landscape has changed significantly the past couple of years. I know quite a few talented 2023’s that still have not found a college program to be a member of.
Why would the 2024’s who have already committed have a different need than the hot bed girls? Your point isn’t valid. And the original poster mentioned the 22’s and 23’s also and they aren’t waiting for college visits to make a decision. Today’s Inside Lacrosse Top 10 2024’s shows just how much the game has grown across the country. Sadly the Maryland girls no longer have an advantage. If anything, these programs are looking to grow their reach and relationships with other clubs throughout the country. It’s no longer possible for a club owner or recruiting director to just make a call to a college coach w their yearly favorites for immediate placement. The recruiting landscape has changed significantly the past couple of years. I know quite a few talented 2023’s that still have not found a college program to be a member of.[/quote]

You really think Md , UnC , BC , Cuse, want no girls from Md ? Look at the club rankings for 24. M&D , Sw, Heros , Nems. They all must have some talent. Girls on those teams will show up soon going to top schools! We aren’t even 1 week into it and girls want to check out schools. The last 2 classes took early offers from schools and couldn’t attend camps so didn’t want to risk not getting into a top choice.
Why would the 2024’s who have already committed have a different need than the hot bed girls? Your point isn’t valid. And the original poster mentioned the 22’s and 23’s also and they aren’t waiting for college visits to make a decision. Today’s Inside Lacrosse Top 10 2024’s shows just how much the game has grown across the country. Sadly the Maryland girls no longer have an advantage. If anything, these programs are looking to grow their reach and relationships with other clubs throughout the country. It’s no longer possible for a club owner or recruiting director to just make a call to a college coach w their yearly favorites for immediate placement. The recruiting landscape has changed significantly the past couple of years. I know quite a few talented 2023’s that still have not found a college program to be a member of.

You really think Md , UnC , BC , Cuse, want no girls from Md ? Look at the club rankings for 24. M&D , Sw, Heros , Nems. They all must have some talent. Girls on those teams will show up soon going to top schools! We aren’t even 1 week into it and girls want to check out schools. The last 2 classes took early offers from schools and couldn’t attend camps so didn’t want to risk not getting into a top choice.[/quote]

The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.

You really think Md , UnC , BC , Cuse, want no girls from Md ? Look at the club rankings for 24. M&D , Sw, Heros , Nems. They all must have some talent. Girls on those teams will show up soon going to top schools! We aren’t even 1 week into it and girls want to check out schools. The last 2 classes took early offers from schools and couldn’t attend camps so didn’t want to risk not getting into a top choice.

The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.[/quote]

Whether you agree or not on the particular players selected as an IL Top 10, one thing is very clear…..the recruiting landscape has changed and the hotbed areas no longer rule the recruiting landscape. Club owners/recruiting directors in the hotbed areas no longer have the political pull with college coaches they once had. The commitments in the 2024 class proves this. Even more than the 2023 and 2022 classes. I have a 2018 daughter who played at a top college lacrosse program and now I have a 2023 daughter who will be playing at a top D2 program (her choice, she did have D1 interest but not the right schools). My 2018 daughter and most of her college lacrosse playing friends didn’t start club until 7th grade. My 2023 daughter started club in 3rd grade. The recruiting classes now have been playing club level lacrosse for many more years than any class before them. And there were so many more club teams from all over the country in my younger daughter’s tournaments. Her team always played A bracket level and the team makeups in the A bracket was significantly different! Great for the game of lacrosse but hard to swallow by a parent who has lived their entire life in a hot bed area.
I am amazed at how quickly everyone is using a small data set of early commits as a baseline of where talent is coming from. It simply isn’t enough data. My daughter is toward the top of the recruiting class and she hasn’t committed yet because she is still visiting her top schools. She had the good fortune to have 3 of the top programs in the country have interest but she wants to make a good decision for her. In addition, there are simply a lot more choices than there was even 5 years ago, So let’s all slow down on using partial data to tell a narrative
I am amazed at how quickly everyone is using a small data set of early commits as a baseline of where talent is coming from. It simply isn’t enough data. My daughter is toward the top of the recruiting class and she hasn’t committed yet because she is still visiting her top schools. She had the good fortune to have 3 of the top programs in the country have interest but she wants to make a good decision for her. In addition, there are simply a lot more choices than there was even 5 years ago, So let’s all slow down on using partial data to tell a narrative

Congrats to your daughter - that’s great! I think you are misunderstanding the posts. They are purely focused on the parents that are in such disbelief and incredulous that non hot bed girls are being committed to good schools or are wanted enough where coaches are giving them early offers. That’s all. That’s ignorance. We all know there will be great commits from the hot bed areas. I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise. The point is you are not alone anymore.
The college coaches think the players from outside the hotbed have more growth ahead of them. I've heard it expressed multiple times by coaches. It's been shown on both the boys and girls side that west coast players especially can compete and be top players (Charlotte North, Rachel Hall, Lauren Gilbert, Sam Handley, Tucker Dordevick, Asher Nolting) Lars Tiffany gave a great interview once talking about this. He said he always wants a non-hotbed player in his recruiting class because they have not reached their potential. They are as good as their east coast peers without the benefit of high level youth/HS coaching and they a hungrier and have more to prove, instead of being assuming and coming in peaked out and over coached. These girls are not going to make up the bulk of the recruits, but every school is looking to find a gem outside of the hotbed.[/quote]

These are outliers!!! The hotbeds still have the most college ready and you will see them commit to big schools with nice packages to get an education as well. I see #2 and #3 on the list travel to the hotbeds to play on those club teams. They really could be considered hotbed players after their trainings and game experience. I feel as though early commits worked with the school to get a fair offer and a chance to play at a top school. Most of the top names had multiple high offers to weigh and took more time since they didnt have to worry about losing money or a spot!
Why get defensive? It's a good thing that MD is no longer the "go to" in regard to top recruits - it means that the game is growing. I personally think that it's awesome that the top recruits are NOT from MD, and my daughter is from MD. It really is OK. Therre are tons of top D1 players that are not local, and it's great to see>

Congrats to your daughter - that’s great! I think you are misunderstanding the posts. They are purely focused on the parents that are in such disbelief and incredulous that non hot bed girls are being committed to good schools or are wanted enough where coaches are giving them early offers. That’s all. That’s ignorance. We all know there will be great commits from the hot bed areas. I don’t think anyone is suggesting otherwise. The point is you are not alone anymore.

Appreciate the clarification. I can just speak anecdotally but the vast majority of the girls on the visits so far have been from md/my/ct. yes there are a few from other areas but it is certainly a majority from within the hotbed.
I see it as the girls outside the area really had the opportunity to be looked at by a few coaches so their pools of options were limited and hence the early commitments(not suggesting they aren’t also great athletes). The girls from the hotbed simply have more options and hence the delayed decision making as they go through their process.
Two NEMS players committed to USF.

Follow IG. It allows you to hear news faster.

Follow IG. It allows you to hear news faster.

One more going there as well and is about to announce
Why get defensive? It's a good thing that MD is no longer the "go to" in regard to top recruits - it means that the game is growing. I personally think that it's awesome that the top recruits are NOT from MD, and my daughter is from MD. It really is OK. Therre are tons of top D1 players that are not local, and it's great to see>

LOL! The majority of the top recruits are still from the hotbeds. You see the commitments starting to roll in now. They just had multiple great offers to consider. More will be hotbed girls, Than not.

LOL! The majority of the top recruits are still from the hotbeds. You see the commitments starting to roll in now. They just had multiple great offers to consider. More will be hotbed girls, Than not.

For top 25 schools, coaches don't care is a girl is from Maryland, Long Island, Ohio or Alaska. If they can play, the coaches recruit them. And for most good coaches, they can tell who has the talent to pay on their team in about 5 minutes.

Anyone who has been through this process can tell you that at the high-level, club team means nothing. its about can they play in prospect days, showcases, etc.

To be fair, once you get to middle and bottom tier of teams, club affiliation means more. Since most of these recruits have some type of "flaw", the input of club coaches means more as coaches are trying to find more diamonds in the rough.

Again, why get so defensive. There is a place for every girl that wants to play D1 - whether it's a top 20 or so on. It's great that the local girls had multiple offers, but i'm sure the other girls NOT local had multiple offers as well.
How do you add the green next to your commit on inside lacrosse
How do you add the green next to your commit on inside lacrosse

I think Inside Lacrosse does that after they verify your daughter’s commitment.
Thanks
Have all the M&D black, SW blue, Heros green, and Nems players committed? Getting worried for my daughter since she plays defense and is on a middle of the road team.
I think Sw , Heros and Nems all have a handful of girls to go. I think M&D is all done. Heros white , sw white and M&D red all have players left. There are lots of D2 and D3 looking.
This board has been quiet for so long (which is probably a good thing ). But I want to wish good luck and hopefully a great summer season to any 24's still looking to commit. Don't give up !!!!!!!! Coaches are still recruiting.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum