@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss the Girls 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 Season
anyword on if HOCO is still having a team?
Why wouldn't HOCO have a team?
HoCo will definitely have a team and perhaps two at the 2025 level
not sure if they have enough signed up for tryouts for two teams.
Any updates on tryout numbers for Heros and MD United? Do we see any major roster shake ups?
Hoco will have 1 2025 team, they will have 2 2024 teams ... over 60 girls at that age group for tryouts.
HOCO parent - daughter attended M&D tryouts last night. The amount of talent on the field was unreal. Wouldn’t be surprised their Red team doesn’t try to play A.
Why play on a B team then
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HOCO parent - daughter attended M&D tryouts last night. The amount of talent on the field was unreal. Wouldn’t be surprised their Red team doesn’t try to play A.

You’d be crazy to go back to HoCo if thats the case
The 25 M&D team is terrific, although almost a third of them actually would be below average if they played at age.
The only almost a third on that team is kids that turn 11 this summer.
The 25 M&D team is terrific, although almost a third of them actually would be below average if they played at age.

Do you know all of the birthdays of all the players on the team to make that statement? Doubt it, so stfu. You sound like nothing more than a disgruntled postal worker.
Seems like it is Hoco and M&D's time to take some incoming. Questioning of enough player innuendo and backhanded compliments of holdbacks? Really? 6th grade lacrosse heating up the message boards. How about some shots on Heros? MDUnited?
Long Island parent here.....I hate the age excuse that LI parents use. If you don’t like it, don’t go down and play them. We’re the stunads who don’t organize leagues on Long Island umongst our own travel teams because of selfish club owners. MD parents / clubs are outsmarting LI clubs. No hotels, no traffic, significantly less money....,.they bring us down, kick our butts and are at the bch 20 minutes after their last game.
Long Island parent here.....I hate the age excuse that LI parents use. If you don’t like it, don’t go down and play them. We’re the stunads who don’t organize leagues on Long Island umongst our own travel teams because of selfish club owners. MD parents / clubs are outsmarting LI clubs. No hotels, no traffic, significantly less money....,.they bring us down, kick our butts and are at the bch 20 minutes after their last game.

And your vast experience through grade 5 is what your basing these comments on. Please stop.....You know not what you are talking about.
The holdbacks are a boy thing, although the coed schools have some pre-first programs, it’s just a way to get another year of tuition out of a family rather than them having to admit that they held their son back a year or started late.
It’s a weak argument.
There needs to be more competitve clubs. YJ and M&D winning every tourney does not bode well for club lacrosse. As for age group corruption-I have not seen much on the girls side. The boys side -no comment
M&D Parent here.. Hero's and LBC will both be challenging for tourney and the NGLL championships. Not sure why they aren't getting any love/hate on this board.
The holdbacks are a boy thing, although the coed schools have some pre-first programs, it’s just a way to get another year of tuition out of a family rather than them having to admit that they held their son back a year or started late.
It’s a weak argument.

You are delusional if you think it’s just a boy thing.

And your vast experience through grade 5 is what your basing these comments on. Please stop.....You know not what you are talking about.

i refuse to go down to maryland while kid is in elementary school. no value. Also, why not just stop going and break the cycle? why don’t teams come to LI? is Maryland more central for teams in the east? Out of state teams do come to LI. See that girls HS tournament at CSH High school
It’s a weak argument.

If you think girls are being held back and repeating grades in middle school for lacrosse purposes you are the delusional one.
If they do change it to age based. I hope they make it September 1st cutoff so kids can stay with there school year players. The soccer use of Jan 1 kind of stinks as you are usually have 2 grade levels per year.
It’s a weak argument.

If you think girls are being held back and repeating grades in middle school for lacrosse purposes you are the delusional one.

I know of a set of twins that repeated 8th grade this past year for lacrosse purposes.
My daughter plays on M&D 25 and is a summer 2007 birthday, and from what I see, there are a bunch of summer 2007 birthdays on this team
My daughter plays on M&D 25 and is a summer 2007 birthday, and from what I see, there are a bunch of summer 2007 birthdays on this team

As it should be. No kid born in 2006 should be playing on a 2025 team.
Can you do math. 2006 birthday is a 11-12 yo which is fine for 2025 about to be 6th grader
Can you do math. 2006 birthday is a 11-12 yo which is fine for 2025 about to be 6th grader

My 2006 daughter is in 7th grade
25's can be 11 or 12 if they make cutoff date. Not a conspiracy-move on.

As it should be. No kid born in 2006 should be playing on a 2025 team.

Lol you couldnt expose yourself as more of a clown if you wore a red nose and giant shoes .... 06's can be in 6th grade without being held back. Cut off date is September 1. My daughter is a Nov 06 and went to school on time. Nice try yucko.
I am so tired of this conversation .....

if you're child turned 12 before August 31st 2018 and is playing in the 25's ....... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 13 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 24's ..... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 14 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 23's .... they are playing "DOWN"

If your child turned 11 before August 31st, 2018 and the are playing in the 26's ..... they are playing "DOWN"

etc, etc, etc... this applies through every graduation year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only kids born in 2006 that should be playing 25's are kids with birthday from 9/1/06 to 12/31/06. Anyone born in 2005 or from 1/1/06 - 8/31/06 is playing "DOWN"

Your child who was 12 years old over the season was playing against some kids that were just turning 11. My nephew's team had a boy on it who turned 13 last September and some of his teammate had just turned 11 that summer (July & Aug birthdays). That made him 22 months older than some kids on his team. That's a huge difference. Not all kids playing down have that much of an age advantage - but it is still an advantage to be older than most of your teammates/opponents.

Apply that all the way up and down the graduation years/age groups. The difference isn't as evident when the kids are in 2nd,3rd,4th grades but it really shows in middle school - especially for the girls. Eventually all kids that continue to HS Lax need to play with kids other than their graduation year - that's undeniable. But - as long as club continues to play by graduation year only regardless of age this problem will persist. And I don't even know that I consider it a "problem". It's just how it is.

The are many reasons why kids are started late/held back/reclassified, etc.. And all of those reason are valid and ok if they work for your family. But no matter what the reason for your child not being in the same grade as everyone else their age ---- for lacrosse purposes your child is playing "DOWN" - don't deny the fact that kids playing "DOWN" gain an advantage.

I think thay's why people get so riled up about it. No one is blaming or picking on kids who are playing down. But - the parents of the kids who are playing "DOWN" won't admit it is an advantage.

Again - it all evens out heading to high school but for the younger kids/teams it is definitely an advantage. Maybe the discussion needs to be held about going to calendar year age groups like soccer but no one in lacrosse seems interested in that.
I am so tired of this conversation .....

if you're child turned 12 before August 31st 2018 and is playing in the 25's ....... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 13 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 24's ..... they are playing "DOWN".

If your child turned 14 before Aug 31st 2018 and they are playing in the 23's .... they are playing "DOWN"

If your child turned 11 before August 31st, 2018 and the are playing in the 26's ..... they are playing "DOWN"

etc, etc, etc... this applies through every graduation year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only kids born in 2006 that should be playing 25's are kids with birthday from 9/1/06 to 12/31/06. Anyone born in 2005 or from 1/1/06 - 8/31/06 is playing "DOWN"

Your child who was 12 years old over the season was playing against some kids that were just turning 11. My nephew's team had a boy on it who turned 13 last September and some of his teammate had just turned 11 that summer (July & Aug birthdays). That made him 22 months older than some kids on his team. That's a huge difference. Not all kids playing down have that much of an age advantage - but it is still an advantage to be older than most of your teammates/opponents.

Apply that all the way up and down the graduation years/age groups. The difference isn't as evident when the kids are in 2nd,3rd,4th grades but it really shows in middle school - especially for the girls. Eventually all kids that continue to HS Lax need to play with kids other than their graduation year - that's undeniable. But - as long as club continues to play by graduation year only regardless of age this problem will persist. And I don't even know that I consider it a "problem". It's just how it is.

The are many reasons why kids are started late/held back/reclassified, etc.. And all of those reason are valid and ok if they work for your family. But no matter what the reason for your child not being in the same grade as everyone else their age ---- for lacrosse purposes your child is playing "DOWN" - don't deny the fact that kids playing "DOWN" gain an advantage.

I think thay's why people get so riled up about it. No one is blaming or picking on kids who are playing down. But - the parents of the kids who are playing "DOWN" won't admit it is an advantage.

Again - it all evens out heading to high school but for the younger kids/teams it is definitely an advantage. Maybe the discussion needs to be held about going to calendar year age groups like soccer but no one in lacrosse seems interested in that.

Did you take a deep breath once you were done writing all of this? Do you feel better? 🙄
It's still true ... long winded or not
Originally Posted by cltlax
It’s a weak argument.

I know of a set of twins that repeated 8th grade this past year for lacrosse purposes.

No they were not. You are so dramatic because your team can't win. Girls are not held back for "lacrosse" purposes. You all really need to get over this excuse. It makes you look petty.
Well my kid's team wins - alot - like almost all the time. So I don't need or have an excuse. And I'm not dramatic. And I still agree with the above posters about playing down. While kids may not be held back specifically or only for lacrosse or other sports it sure does help them.
Well my kid's team wins - alot - like almost all the time. So I don't need or have an excuse. And I'm not dramatic. And I still agree with the above posters about playing down. While kids may not be held back specifically or only for lacrosse or other sports it sure does help them.

Well look at that. How grown up of you to admit that they were not held back for "lacrosse purpose". That's the first step in the world of, not spreading false information (and less dramatic). I am happy that your kids team wins a lot. Especially since they don't have any girls held back. At least for the purpose of lacrosse.

And I did not disagree with the statement above. BUT....

It is freaking girls lacrosse. No one holds them back for the sole purpose of lacrosse.

Slither back over to your LI site and join their chat about how Maryland cheats.

Well look at that. How grown up of you to admit that they were not held back for "lacrosse purpose". That's the first step in the world of, not spreading false information (and less dramatic). I am happy that your kids team wins a lot. Especially since they don't have any girls held back. At least for the purpose of lacrosse.

And I did not disagree with the statement above. BUT....

It is freaking girls lacrosse. No one holds them back for the sole purpose of lacrosse.

Slither back over to your LI site and join their chat about how Maryland cheats.

Please don't send her back. We don't want her.
It’s a weak argument.

No they were not. You are so dramatic because your team can't win. Girls are not held back for "lacrosse" purposes. You all really need to get over this excuse. It makes you look petty.

played M&D 2021 red and now play for M&D 2022 Black, not even from MD.
It’s a weak argument.

Nice try. Your information is incorrect. They played up the year they played 21

Not correct. They switched to a private school and repeated a grade.

Absolutely switched to private school and repeated a grade. M&D leadership encouraged and approved of the move 100%.

Absolutely switched to private school and repeated a grade. M&D leadership encouraged and approved of the move 100%.

Yes, they did switch from public to private. They did not repeat. Their birthdays are after Sept 1.

First of all, you are an absolute turd for calling out and highlighting teenage girls, on a public website, for the sole purpose of defending your very weak argument together.

Secondly, it does not seem like it was for a "lacrosse purpose". It sounds like it was an academic transition reason (or they played up a year!!!). So not only are you WRONG with your story again (which leads us back to you spreading false information and being dramatic), but you also pointed out teenage girls personal struggles on a public forum.

You should really stop and just go back to sorting through the pictures of your daughters team winning "a lot-like all the time" photos so you can get those uploaded onto Shutterfly.

You have no idea what you are talking about. They played up when they played on 2021. They are out of state players who contacted M&D for a supp tryout. At the time there was no room on the 2022 teams, but there were open roster spots on the 21 Red team, told they could play for 21 Red but would have to tryout for their correct grad year the following season, and they did. There was no “move” for M&D to encourage or approve. They did not reclass. Their birthdays are the end of Sept and they just turned 15. And they no longer play for M&D. Get a life.

You have no idea what you are talking about. They played up when they played on 2021. They are out of state players who contacted M&D for a supp tryout. At the time there was no room on the 2022 teams, but there were open roster spots on the 21 Red team, told they could play for 21 Red but would have to tryout for their correct grad year the following season, and they did. There was no “move” for M&D to encourage or approve. They did not reclass. Their birthdays are the end of Sept and they just turned 15. And they no longer play for M&D. Get a life.

First, not calling out teenage girls, this was the parents decision. Second, this is not confidential nor a secret. If you know folks in Charlotte it is well known that when they switched from public school to private school (for the second time) they repeated a grade. No secret, no drama, a decision the parents made and it was for lacrosse purposes. Now attend one of the best private schools in NC, no academic issues. Perhaps, you really believe what you wrote, perhaps this is the story the parents told folks on the sideline in MD and maybe even told M&D leadership that story. The simple already public truth for anyone that knows them from their home town is they repeated a grade.

First, not calling out teenage girls, this was the parents decision. Second, this is not confidential nor a secret. If you know folks in Charlotte it is well known that when they switched from public school to private school (for the second time) they repeated a grade. No secret, no drama, a decision the parents made and it was for lacrosse purposes. Now attend one of the best private schools in NC, no academic issues. Perhaps, you really believe what you wrote, perhaps this is the story the parents told folks on the sideline in MD and maybe even told M&D leadership that story. The simple already public truth for anyone that knows them from their home town is they repeated a grade.

You care way too much about these players, as well as being right it seems. They celebrated their 15th birthdays two weeks ago. They are on age for 9th grade. So they are not holdbacks. End of discussion.
Why is any of this on a 2025 forum?

You care way too much about these players, as well as being right it seems. They celebrated their 15th birthdays two weeks ago. They are on age for 9th grade. So they are not holdbacks. End of discussion.

Just prefer the truth. Never posted about this before and it was done a couple of years ago. But when you come on here and lie about it... In terms of being on age, maybe in MD but not their home town. Switched to 2022 to be the oldest in the grade and all the advantageous that go along with it on the lacrosse field. Again, parents decision not on the kids. I’ll stop with the truth that everyone in their home town already knows when you stop trying to defend it.
Any thoughts on the 2025's ? I am sure someone is cheating in 6th grade also.
why are you talking about 22s and 15 year olds in the 2025 forum? unless you plan on holding your daughter back a few more years, i'm sure she would dominate! wink
I know you were being funny when you asked if any 25's were cheating .... and no the 25's aren't cheating but yes there are 25's (for whatever reason - won't argue the reason cause that one parent will tell me to slither away) should really be in 24's. That's where this whole discussion started. How it got to the 22's and out of state girls who knows. But to answer your questions..... YES there's girls in the 25's not playing girls their own age
Maybe better to hold back in 5th grade before earning a reputation, see saga of NC twins above, then to double up 8th grade. For the other players, league integrity and fairness probably best to hold back at 8th grade. Physical difference between 9th and 8th less pronounced then between 7th and 6th I would bet. So if we are going to have grade based play, I would say best to holdback a player repeating 8th grade. Maybe younger then 8th grade you should play on the Sept 1st grade you would be normally assigned.
Aged based on Sept 1st cutoff would solve all problems with junior year high school being repeatable, for those who holdback. Most kids would play on age and grade except for their junior year in high school when there would be a few holdbacks coming onto teams.
Maybe better to hold back in 5th grade before earning a reputation, see saga of NC twins above, then to double up 8th grade. For the other players, league integrity and fairness probably best to hold back at 8th grade. Physical difference between 9th and 8th less pronounced then between 7th and 6th I would bet. So if we are going to have grade based play, I would say best to holdback a player repeating 8th grade. Maybe younger then 8th grade you should play on the Sept 1st grade you would be normally assigned.
Aged based on Sept 1st cutoff would solve all problems with junior year high school being repeatable, for those who holdback. Most kids would play on age and grade except for their junior year in high school when there would be a few holdbacks coming onto teams.

Just shut up about this crap. People are not holding kids back for the sole purpose of girls lacrosse. Period!!! Does that say that NO one has or would? Not at all. Does it mean that a kid that's older and bigger will not perform...sure. But this constant banter, making it sound as if it is prevalent, is baloney. If a kid is struggling in school or is transferring in from a different system, that does not constitute holding a kid back for "lacrosse purposes".

And honestly, what is your point? That someone is better than your kid or they beat your team with a "holdback"? Did someone steal playing time from your kid? This thread is getting pitiful with your refusing to be wrong with this sad saga.

It's girls lacrosse. Get over yourselves.
Snack time tomorrow
M&D Black smoked FCA, HOCO and Coppermine and beat Yellow Jackets

Great. Congratulations M&D Dad. You must be so proud. Nothing better than winning 6th grade lacrosse games. M&D should smoke FCA, HOCO and Coppermine. No surprise there.

Great. Congratulations M&D Dad. You must be so proud. Nothing better than winning 6th grade lacrosse games. M&D should smoke FCA, HOCO and Coppermine. No surprise there.

Got Salty.

Got Salty.

No, I'm not salty at all. In fact, my daughter plays for M&D. It's just pointless to make a post that M&D smoked 3 inferior teams. It would have been shocking if they hadn't.
Hero's Green upgraded their roster this summer, and looking to come after M&D!! should be a fun game.
Hero's Green upgraded their roster this summer, and looking to come after M&D!! should be a fun game.

Guess you aren't aware that M&D added talent as well?
Clash of the titans! When do they play?
It will still be snack time
Just go home M&D Dad. We get it, your team is great!!

Signed

2018 - NGLL Champs 2025 Division
6th graders-is this really what is happening
Just go home M&D Dad. We get it, your team is great!!

Signed

2018 - NGLL Champs 2025 Division

Just like a Heros dad. See you Sunday dude.
Snack time is done
The table is set
Time for the whole meal
That was tasty!!

Snack Time!!

Hero's Dad
Great weekend of lacrosse for this age group. Hero's and M&D gave us a preview of what to expect this season. Hopefully they both can take care of their brackets next week and do it again on Sunday.
Hi
Just posting on this board because it’s the busiest...
Daughter plays for a Maryland club team (don’t want to say age group). We have lots of athletic girls and we have been pretty subpar/stagnant the past few years.
There is a good coach in our club who has the 2019 team. She she will age out soon.
What chance do we have for her to take over our team? I don’t really want to say what year we are...
What grade is too late for a coach to come in and take it over? Is eighth grade too old/late to get a new coach? How about ninth grade/fall?
19's should be done anyway
Season is less than a month out. Have NEMS, HoCO and Skywalkers improved enough to contend? Can LBC pull off another upset? Is it just a 2 dog race between M&D and Hero's?
Mostly like a 2 dog race. Don't see many teams giving Heros and M&D a challenge. Seems like its an arms race, and the top players from other clubs are joining these clubs.
Agreed, my daughter plays one of the 2 teams mentioned. It would be nice to see a team from AA, Harford or another county/area close the gap. Otherwise its going to be a long season of lopsided games.
What do you chalk up the difference between the top 2 teams vs the rest assuming it is multifactorial? How would you weigh the inputs vs second rank teams(LBC, NEMS, HOCO, Skywalkers)? What makes them better?

1)Coaching
2)Players intangibles(talent not skill- Bigger, faster, stronger, or older?) hard to change these
3)Players skill
4)Player field awareness
5)Goalie skill

I guess
5%, 60%, 20%, 5%, 10%
What do you chalk up the difference between the top 2 teams vs the rest assuming it is multifactorial? How would you weigh the inputs vs second rank teams(LBC, NEMS, HOCO, Skywalkers)? What makes them better?

1)Coaching
2)Players intangibles(talent not skill- Bigger, faster, stronger, or older?) hard to change these
3)Players skill
4)Player field awareness
5)Goalie skill

I guess
5%, 60%, 20%, 5%, 10%

these are 6th graders...get over yourselves.
Coaching certainly is a factor but talent and depth is the difference. For top teams in general there is typically little drop off from 1st string to 2nd. In addition there are instances where players are willing to switch positions to play for better teams. This happens a lot for middies moving to d. All of the teams mentioned for the most part have really good individual players but typically have weaknesses across the 1st line. Then when you get to the 2nd line the talent takes a hit. This is the same for any sport, whether boys or girls.
Coaching is way more than that. There are analytics showing college basketball coaches have up to a 20% influence on wins vs losses. Coach K is worth 6 wins a year. It was estimated Joe Gibbs was worth 2 wins a year for the Redskins.
Coaching certainly is a factor but talent and depth is the difference. For top teams in general there is typically little drop off from 1st string to 2nd. In addition there are instances where players are willing to switch positions to play for better teams. This happens a lot for middies moving to d. All of the teams mentioned for the most part have really good individual players but typically have weaknesses across the 1st line. Then when you get to the 2nd line the talent takes a hit. This is the same for any sport, whether boys or girls.

Thanks you pretentious db.

Sound a little bitter... Maybe you should workout with your daughter so she can crack the 2nd line and you can fit in your yoga tights this spring.

Sound a little bitter... Maybe you should workout with your daughter so she can crack the 2nd line and you can fit in your yoga tights this spring.

good one dips**t
College lacrosse coaching is much more valuable than travel. A culture is created at each college-either positive or toxic. Travel is about throwing girls out there on middie lines to impress coaches by forcing to goal and showing off. Teams with the best middies usually win. I could replace all the M&D and YJ coaches with parents that coach at midlevel teams ansd the results would be similar.
I'll disagree unless you replace every team's coaches with parent coaches. Good coaches, parent or not, attract better players and then all the other things take place: line depth, player skills and so on.
Agree-we have an amazing parent/ coach and our team is improving dramatically each year. He has also produced a positive club culture for the parents and that is becoming very important.
Coaching is so important at this age. My daughter went from a dad Coach who never played, to a mom coach who just happened to play and coach at the D1 level. Practices are focused, drills are specific, and the growth is tremendous. Meanwhile the old team with dad coach still scrimmages for 90% of the practice because he doesn’t know any drills and the team struggles
We had the opposite experience . Our mom d1 coach was not very good-only in it to make $$$ . We are now with a dad coach who is fantastic with a tons of girls trying to get on the team each year. The point is that the coach is ciritical. I prefer the coach not be as entrepeneurial and into player development.
It helps if the highly qualified coach also has a daughter on the team
NEMS ties Hero's and loses by one to HoCO. Nice to see a team on the rise.
Hard to see NEMS being in top 4. LBC 2-0 start helps, M&D, HOCO, Hero's, Pride and Skywalkers favorites for the top 4? How would you rank out the top 4?
Hard to see NEMS being in top 4. LBC 2-0 start helps, M&D, HOCO, Hero's, Pride and Skywalkers favorites for the top 4? How would you rank out the top 4?

My guess is that M&D and NEMs will finish 1 &2 in their division and LBC and Hero's in the other. Skywalkers and HoCo would round out the top 6.
Were literally 1 week into the season. Do we really already need to start ranking 12 year old girls? Let's not forget the M & D upset last year. Goes to show it can truly be anyones game. Just enjoy the journey and support the girls talents
We're week 1 into the season, do we really already need to start ranking 12 year old girls? Let's not forget about the M & D playoff upset last season. Goes to show it can truly be anyone's game/season. Just enjoy the season and appreciate the girls talent.
Were literally 1 week into the season. Do we really already need to start ranking 12 year old girls? Let's not forget the M & D upset last year. Goes to show it can truly be anyones game. Just enjoy the journey and support the girls talents

Lighten up buttercup. If you and your daughter aren’t up for the competition discussion jump back to rec and save yourself a thousand bucks.

How can anyone forget that game? I think I still hear the LBC coach yelling just to hear herself.
Impulse Lax tourney schedule up for summer. Looks like LBC and MD United dropping down to sandbag and avoid the top teams.
Impulse Lax tourney schedule up for summer. Looks like LBC and MD United dropping down to sandbag and avoid the top teams.

Sandbagging at the 6th grade level. Beautiful.
Can NEMS win out? Only 4 teams make the playoffs at 2025? Will 5-2-1be enough to get in the top 4?
Can NEMS win out? Only 4 teams make the playoffs at 2025? Will 5-2-1be enough to get in the top 4?

Unfortunately for NEMS, Sky Walkers will finish 6-2 (unless Sky Walkers can beat NEMS, which would make it 7-1).
Probably not, Skywalkers got handed a cupcake schedule on their crossover games. they will probably end up 6-2, if they lose to MND and NEMS. They also don't have to leave the beltway. Seems like all of the skywalkers teams don't leave the beltway.
Sky walkers will also have to get past Pride 2025.
Sky walkers will also have to get past Pride 2025.

If NEMS beats SW the Pride game will be huge for both teams.
NEMS beat TLC 15 - 0

Sky Walkers got spanked all over field by M & D (lost 19 - 1) on Saturday, but then beat Coppermine 16 -4 on Sunday. We'll have to play more consistent to beat NEMS and Pride.
I predict 3 spots are taken M&D, LBC and Hero's. The last spot probably will take 6 wins. I am going to say Pride wins last 4 games to sneak into playoffs with tiebreaker head to head vs HOCO.
SW took at BEATDOWN from MND, looks like a 1 horse race again this year!
I predict 3 spots are taken M&D, LBC and Hero's. The last spot probably will take 6 wins. I am going to say Pride wins last 4 games to sneak into playoffs with tiebreaker head to head vs HOCO.

I believe 2 teams from both divisions make the playoffs. MnD is a lock for the north with NEMS and Skywalkers playing for the 2nd seed. I think NEMS is the better of the 2 teams but just got handed a tough schedule (both Hero's, HoCo and MnD). Assuming they win out they will need help to get in. In the south Hero's looks to be the favorite with 4 more teams battling it out for 2nd (Or possibly 1st).
SW took at BEATDOWN from MND, looks like a 1 horse race again this year!

That is what M&D thought last year.

I believe 2 teams from both divisions make the playoffs. MnD is a lock for the north with NEMS and Skywalkers playing for the 2nd seed. I think NEMS is the better of the 2 teams but just got handed a tough schedule (both Hero's, HoCo and MnD). Assuming they win out they will need help to get in. In the south Hero's looks to be the favorite with 4 more teams battling it out for 2nd (Or possibly 1st).

You could almost say that SW got the harder schedule. NEMS just barely lost to HOCO and SW has to play NEMS. Pride beat HOCO and SW has to play them. SW already played MND.
I think the rules say top four teams. Not top 2 from each division.
I think the rules say top four teams. Not top 2 from each division.

I just reread the rule and you are correct. Though that is odd especially since there are 2 divisions. This should make things very interesting for the teams battling out of the last 2-3 spots.
Redshirts vs Skywalkers, Stars vs Hoco and Pride vs MD united seems to be the close games this coming weekend. Predictions? Not many close games this coming weekend. I am going to predict- Skywalkers, Stars and Pride
Hero's 25 Green stronger then ever!! Looking for that repeat championship. We are going to be tough to beat!!
Hoco vs Hero's and NEMS vs Skywalkers almost must win for HOCO and NEMS for any chance at playoffs. What chance do you give them to win. I say Hoco 20% chance and NEMS 55% chance
Hoco vs Hero's and NEMS vs Skywalkers almost must win for HOCO and NEMS for any chance at playoffs. What chance do you give them to win. I say Hoco 20% chance and NEMS 55% chance

NEMS will need some help from pride to get. That is assuming they beat SW. they just got a tough draw with their division and having to also play mnd.
Hero's 25 Green stronger then ever!! Looking for that repeat championship. We are going to be tough to beat!!

guess we will see who has improved more since the fall in the last regular season game.

guess we will see who has improved more since the fall in the last regular season game.

☝🏻

☝🏻

Guess we have a lot of parents (and trolls) that haven't found anything better to do with themselves!

☝🏻

Guess we have a lot of parents (and trolls) that haven't found anything better to do with themselves!

Got salty? Guess you have nothing better to do that comment on troll comments by leaving a troll comment.

One game at a time there, daddy.

One game at a time there, daddy.

If either team M&D or Hero's lose before the season finale I will be very surprised. Almost impossible.

NEMS will need some help from pride to get. That is assuming they beat SW. they just got a tough draw with their division and having to also play mnd.

SW pulls off a tough win to pretty much guarantee a spot in the playoffs. Looks like:

1. M&D
2. Heros
3. SW
4 LBC
It is still pretty complicated. Winner of Hero's vs M&d top seed for sure. Skywalkers looks in anywhere from 2-4 seed. 4 seed scenario Skywalkers loss, M&D loss and Hoco beating of MC Mid and LBC and higher seed on GA which looks probable. Lots of possibilities left, better to say M&D, Hero's and Skywalkers in the playoffs with LBC and HOCO fighting for last spot. HOCO vs LBC tie would probably get HOCO in on GA. So games to watch for this weekend:
1. LBC vs Hoco- LBC needs win tie would go to HOCO
2. M&D vs Heros for top seed. Hero's loss no worse then 3 seed and M&D loss no worse then 2 seed.
LBC and HoCo will be a play-in game it looks like, thanks to Stars knocking off LBC this weekend...
LBC and HoCo will be a play-in game it looks like, thanks to Stars knocking off LBC this weekend...

Always good to see some meaningful games being played the last weekend of the season. They honestly should look at expanding the playoffs to 8. With a play-in game for each division. Nems/HoCo/LBC would all be teams that could give teams trouble in the 2nd season.
Looks like they changed up the rules where it is division dependent how many teams get in and not top 4 or top 6 in the older divisions. Now on the playoff brackets they have north1st place vs south 2nd place etc. I am pretty sure that was not there before and is still not clear in the rules. The real travesty will be in the 2024A division where a team with a losing record will make the playoffs at the expense of a team with a winning record in another division, NEMS.
Looks like they changed up the rules where it is division dependent how many teams get in and not top 4 or top 6 in the older divisions. Now on the playoff brackets they have north 1st place vs south 2nd place etc. I am pretty sure that was not there before and is still not clear in the rules. The real travesty will be in the 2024A division where a team with a losing record will make the playoffs at the expense of a team with a winning record in another division, NEMS.

That doesn't look to be the case this year with SW locking up 2nd place in the north and both LBC and HoCO have winning records in the south. Though I agree that they changed the format recently. Luckily this does not have an affect on any of the teams in contention. As it would have played out the same way with either format.
Looking for some advice. I live in the Towson area and my daughter's team is consistently in the bottom with regards to wins. We haven't been too fond of the coaching and are considering moving our daughter to a new club. Anyone considering Sky Walkers tryouts in July or Coppermine's tryouts in September? I've heard great things about both clubs.
It really depend on what position she will play-playing time and exposure . If she is not a top player and watches others showcased then find a club that she shows well. The college coaches don't care about team wins-that is for the silly parents.
It really depend on what position she will play-playing time and exposure . If she is not a top player and watches others showcased then find a club that she shows well. The college coaches don't care about team wins-that is for the silly parents.

Last time I checked college coaches aren't scouting 6th graders. AND everyone cares about wins and losses..
Constant losing is demoralizing. You can say you are playing for bigger picture, "showcasing for college", etc. My advice would be to move on. Winning helps with that midweek practice. Clubs seemed to be terrified of parents and kids leaving. Tryouts are being moved up to right after last tourney MACC July13. Year round lacrosse! Hard to figure out right fit with the pressure to tryout right after season ends. Not just tryout but accept quickly. Crazy to think this is what has become of middle school lacrosse. Season ends Sunday, tryouts next day, commit by Friday for the whole next year.
Can lightning strike twice for LBC?

hopefully it can strike you
Play at a club that the talent of your D matches the level of competition. Remember that she could be cut the next seasion also.
Play at a club that the talent of your D matches the level of competition. Remember that she could be cut the next seasion also.

Very true. Choose a team where she can be an impact or contributor. She will have more fun, build more confidence and enjoy the sport more.

hopefully it can strike you

Salty.... Your big butt is an easy target.
Just looked at Lax Impulse schedule-LBC and MDUnited dropped down a bracket . Wow that's embarassing
Predictions for this weekend? Hero's vs Skywalkers followed by MD vs LBC. I think its looks like Heros vs MD finals? MD has had Heros number.
Predictions for this weekend? Hero's vs Skywalkers followed by MD vs LBC. I think its looks like Heros vs MD finals? MD has had Heros number.

LBC beat M&D last year.

LBC beat M&D last year.

That would be history not a prediction.

LBC beat M&D last year.

I think Sky Walkers has a pretty good shot of upsetting Hero's. NEMS tied Hero's and Sky Walkers beat NEMS. Would be nice to shake things up a little and see LBC or Sky Walkers win the whole thing.

LBC beat M&D last year.

I think Sky Walkers has a pretty good shot of upsetting Hero's. NEMS tied Hero's and Sky Walkers beat NEMS. Would be nice to shake things up a little and see LBC or Sky Walkers win the whole thing.

Interesting that the 2nd seeded teams didn't have to play the 1st seed in the opposite division. With the improvement of Nems, Pride and Hoco the league should be pretty tough next season.
https://www.usclublax.com/2025-rankings.html
Fun list to kick off summer season. Wrong on many levels especially for MD teams.
2.Heros
3.LBC
7.M&D
8.MD united
9.Skywalkers
11.Diamonds
12. NEMS
16. HOCO
19. Integrity
20. Redshirts
24. TLC
25. Heros white

Not sure TLC/ Diamonds should be on list. M&D Red should be on the list. Coppermine beat TLC 17-1. MD united lower. Heros and M&D black should be next to each other, LBC not in between.
2.Heros
3.LBC
7.M&D
8.MD united
9.Skywalkers
11.Diamonds
12. NEMS
16. HOCO
19. Integrity
20. Redshirts
24. TLC
25. Heros white

Not sure TLC/ Diamonds should be on list. M&D Red should be on the list. Coppermine beat TLC 17-1. MD united lower. Heros and M&D black should be next to each other, LBC not in between.

looks like they got 1 and 2 right. They threw darts to figure out the rest.
M&D Black is the strongest 2025 team I've seen, followed by LBC, Hero's, YJ, STEPS Blue and White.
M&D Black is the strongest 2025 team I've seen, followed by LBC, Hero's, YJ, STEPS Blue and White.

You must not be watching very many 2025 Games! M&D and Hero's are 1 and 1A, both very strong and the games are awesome to watch. YJ is close behind at 2, STEPS, Skywalkers, Monster behind them and LBC behind the pack.
This list can't possibly be legit, it lost all credibility by ranking M&D Black #7. I don't have a daughter on that team but they beat every team on the list time after time while occasionally losing to Hero's.

M&D / Hero's / YJ are 1-2-3 & on any given day they can be ranked in any order. When talking about 6th graders, it depends on which side of the bed they get out of.
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
This list can't possibly be legit, it lost all credibility by ranking M&D Black #7. I don't have a daughter on that team but they beat every team on the list time after time while occasionally losing to Hero's.

M&D / Hero's / YJ are 1-2-3 & on any given day they can be ranked in any order. When talking about 6th graders, it depends on which side of the bed they get out of.

#7 is way off base especially when you have LBC at 3 (MnD beat them 14-5). Assuming YJ is undefeated they are 1 with hero's 2 and MnD at 3. from there you can pick them out of a hat or make an educated guess against teams played and record.
M&D Red beat MD United this weekend so maybe they should be ranked 7 and half just behind M&D black.
YJ playing M&D this weekend should decide who is number 1 with Heroes being right there. LBC and MD United are not top 10 teams
I guess CC Lax gets no love by not even being ranked, but beat LBC and handled rather easily MD United this past weekend
I guess CC Lax gets no love by not even being ranked, but beat LBC and handled rather easily MD United this past weekend

Who is cc lax?
Sandbaggers in the B bracket NGLL
top15 MD- my take.
1.Heros
2.M&D
3.Skywalkers
4. LBC
5. HOCO
6. NEMS
7. Coppermine Black
8. M&D Red
9. CCLax
10.Heros White
11. Redshirts
12. Maryland United
13. Integrity
14. 3D lacrosse
15. TLC
After the showcase tournament my Top 5 would be:

1. YJ
2. M&D
3. Hero's (Too much of a scoring discrepancy vs. like opponents compared with M&D).
4. Monster
5. Skywalkers

This weekend will be the true test as most if not all teams will be in NJ.
Originally Posted by Bigfoot

Agreed top 3 by a wide margin
I would love to see full checking on these tourneys-the refs are so inconsistent when the play gets aggressive. They play full checking all spring.
After the showcase tournament my Top 5 would be:

1. YJ
2. M&D
3. Hero's (Too much of a scoring discrepancy vs. like opponents compared with M&D).
4. Monster
5. Skywalkers

This weekend will be the true test as most if not all teams will be in NJ.

All hero's does is trip girls and hit them in the head. And parents yell like their lives depend on the game.
Live love lax screwed up. Should have had YJ, M&D, Heros, Monster and Skywalkers in 1 pool, So they could all play each other. It was a shame that Mc Elite and Big 4 had to play YJ, M&D and Heros. Just not fair to those girls, the discrepancy in play was obvious.

Its a shame that STEPS Elite Blue continues to dodge playing the big 3 at any tourney. They continue to play soft teams so they can advance to the playoffs. It’s about playing the best competition.
that's the heros way
Steps Blue vs M&D Red was actually 7-3 M&D at one point before falling a part in the second half with the back half of the substitution playing for M&D. Steps Blue played hard and won 9-8.

M&D Red is an A level team, but I doubt Steps Blue could compete with M&D black, Heros and Yellow jackets.
top15 MD- my take.
1.Heros
2.M&D
3.Skywalkers
4. LBC
5. HOCO
6. NEMS
7. Coppermine Black
8. M&D Red
9. CCLax
10.Heros White
11. Redshirts
12. Maryland United
13. Integrity
14. 3D lacrosse
15. TLC

M&D Red higher maybe 5th and TLC not even close to 15 may be close to last with East Coast and Uproar
top15 MD- my take.
1.Heros
2.M&D
3.Skywalkers
4. LBC
5. HOCO
6. NEMS
7. Coppermine Black
8. M&D Red
9. CCLax
10.Heros White
11. Redshirts
12. Maryland United
13. Integrity
14. 3D lacrosse
15. TLC

M&D Red higher maybe 5th and TLC not even close to 15 may be close to last with East Coast and Uproar

M&D Black can't win the big games. 2 NGLL misses and a beat down in NJ. The Robinson's can't be happy.
M&D Black still one of top 3 teams. Went 4&0 in pool play at Lax for the Cure and lost by 3 in finals. A three point game is hardly a beat down
M&D Black still one of top 3 teams. Went 4&0 in pool play at Lax for the Cure and lost by 3 in finals. A three point game is hardly a beat down

The girls version of the 90's Buffalo Bills. Can't win when it counts.
Feels like most of the M&D teams are falling a bit more each season. The coaching is not there for the money.
Feels like most of the M&D teams are falling a bit more each season. The coaching is not there for the money.

M&D is fine. The sport is growing with more girls playing each year. It's a good thing to see other teams improve and makes for a more competitive league.
Tryouts have started already for some teams -guess they are really trying to scoop up girls and get the $$. The better teams are not for a few weeks

Not sure about the other teams, but you can not find a better and more credentialed coach than the M&D 25 Black team. She would be an asset to any grad year team.

Not sure about the other teams, but you can not find a better and more credentialed coach than the M&D 25 Black team. She would be an asset to any grad year team.

Great coach yes. But she seems to make some questionable decisions in the big games.
I have seen a lot better coaching by coaches at other clubs. M&D gets the top talent-they should always win. I watch the coaches at these midlevel clubs who are developing the girls not just subbing the lines and that is where the work is being done.
I have seen a lot better coaching by coaches at other clubs. M&D gets the top talent-they should always win. I watch the coaches at these midlevel clubs who are developing the girls not just subbing the lines and that is where the work is being done.

As a coach of a "mid-level club" in another grad year, I agree with most of this statement. Talent can get you over the top in most situations. Try grinding it out with a less talented roster--balancing the development of girls and trying to be competitive while instilling confidence in these girls that they can be competitive. And of course, dealing with parents who question everything and simply see wins and losses (and daughter's goal/assist stats) as a measure of success.
then they leave those mid-level clubs and come to the M&Ds of the world.
then they leave those mid-level clubs and come to the M&Ds of the world.

some of them for sure--happens at a lot of those mid-level clubs. but a lot of those other parents think their daughter is the bomb and they really aren't.
How do you balance finding the right fit and tryouts all being on the same days and the pressure to commit soon after tryouts?
I am also midlevel club coach. This time of year always stressful. We develop a lot of players with lax IQ, Stickskills, technical shooting and footwork etc. Then the parents look for another club perceived to be a more winning or better club. No loyalty by parents anymore or pride to bring the team to the next level. Clubs are looking to have tryouts first and quickly pressure the girls into paying to commit. My D played at same midlevel team and really developed -played in college D1 -great academic school midlle of the pack lax . We had a lot of opportunities but chose academics first and D could have switched teams easily but had a bond with the core players on her team.
Find a club where your D develops each year ,gets playing time, and has some fun with the girls(low drama).
How do you balance finding the right fit and tryouts all being on the same days and the pressure to commit soon after tryouts?

Mid level coaches have to do more because most mid level players can’t consistently do the basics (throw and catch with both hands, shoot, dodge etc...). At clubs. Like mnd you are expected to be at a certain level and if you are not you need to practice on your own to get there. This allows the coaches to focus on plays, defense and movement. Have you seen a mnd 25 game? Very rarely does a girl go coast to coast and shoot. They move and pass the and have one of the most potent and quickest scoring offenses at this age. If that isn’t development then I don’t know what is.
If players decided that heroes was the place to be then M&D would be a midlevel team and all the parents would run over to tryout. It is just the nature of club lacrosse.
There are always a few parents who move their kids around thinking the grass is greener. Usually they are not as good as the parents think. They either dont make the new club or don't get playing time and move again. they should get on the wall and practice.
As tryout season approaches and so many club tryouts overlap, I'm interested to hear what club your daughter plays for, the pros/cons of your team and any other insight. M&D, Heros, HoCo and Skywalkers specific would be great based on where we live
As tryout season approaches and so many club tryouts overlap, I'm interested to hear what club your daughter plays for, the pros/cons of your team and any other insight. M&D, Heros, HoCo and Skywalkers specific would be great based on where we live

Be honest, what you really want to to know is which team needs X position players. Greatest coaching in the world at this level doesn't trump playing time.
Sky Walkers would be a great choice. At this age, Sky Walkers is more focused on fundamental skills then the number of wins/loses. My daughter has learned a lot since her move to Sky Walkers. The coaches can be tough, but they are just trying to get the kids to perform to the best of their ability. I really like how Sky Walkers focuses on the team concept with regards to ball movement. You won't find only one or two girls running to goal. I know they've allowed girls to come out for share days during practices, so you could probably have your daughter participate in a practice prior to tryouts. Regardless, all the teams you mentioned are talented and I'm sure have good coaching. Wish your daughter the best of luck.
What is the answer to that question do you know?
The talent, commitment level much match the club as well as if your D feels comfortable. The clubs mentioned have their share of mean girls , ball hogs and crazy parents who think their club is the best. Scholarships go to players not teams-this is the only reason to play club. Find the right fit for your D. My D was on one of those mentioned clubs and hated it-dreaded going because the girls were selfish and mean. We made a lateral move where her friends were and she was like a new player. Playing D1 now-her younger D is not making that mistake.
Sky Walkers would be a great choice. At this age, Sky Walkers is more focused on fundamental skills then the number of wins/loses. My daughter has learned a lot since her move to Sky Walkers. The coaches can be tough, but they are just trying to get the kids to perform to the best of their ability. I really like how Sky Walkers focuses on the team concept with regards to ball movement. You won't find only one or two girls running to goal. I know they've allowed girls to come out for share days during practices, so you could probably have your daughter participate in a practice prior to tryouts. Regardless, all the teams you mentioned are talented and I'm sure have good coaching. Wish your daughter the best of luck.

Thank you for the quality response and input. It be great if this forum was used more for resources than trash talking and smart replies...
For a club that is “more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses” just be careful what you ask for. This is a club that is actively recruiting players from other teams at “clinics” and making offers and forcing acceptance from girls before tryouts even happen. This isn’t fair to the girls like my D who are currently on the team and not really on the up and up as many of the other girls are still currently playing for their clubs. As you get older this continues with them bringing in girls from out of state at the expense of girls on the team... so imho... they are all about the win at the cost of the player.

But good luck!
For a club that is “more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses” just be careful what you ask for. This is a club that is actively recruiting players from other teams at “clinics” and making offers and forcing acceptance from girls before tryouts even happen. This isn’t fair to the girls like my D who are currently on the team and not really on the up and up as many of the other girls are still currently playing for their clubs. As you get older this continues with them bringing in girls from out of state at the expense of girls on the team... so imho... they are all about the win at the cost of the player.

But good luck!

Please take everything you read on this site with a grain of salt. Sky Walkers attempts to be competitive in every age group just like M&D and Hero's. When you tryout for these clubs, you have to know that:
1. There is no guarantee for playing time. Sky Walkers is looking to develop talent. No incentive to improve when equal playing time rules are instituted. You work hard and earn playing time. That is how it will be when you are in high school and college. This is also explained thoroughly at the try outs.
2. Your position on the team is not guaranteed. You may not start, you could be moved to the white team, or you may not even make the team during the next tryouts. That is a reality.

This is the method for developing talent and is not incompatible with what I stated earlier. You have to realize that you've probably put your daughter in the wrong situation--that's what is not fair. The winning formula for your daughter involves finding the club that matches her abilities/potential. Don't try to change a club's philosophy to meet your daughter's needs--it won't happen.

Sky Walkers is more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses. A constant infusion of the most talented players possible makes developing high level players much more attainable.

To those interested in Sky Walkers, we'll be at the Mid-Atlantic Showcase. Stop by our tent and talk to our parents and get their opinion first hand. We don't bite I promise. Feel free to come out to a practice and watch for yourselves. Just don't believe everything your read on this site.
I was at theses clinics. No one was recruiting. Skywalkers advertised a clinic and people came. Skywalkers didn't go out begging people to come to their clinic. With the exception of one 25 girl I heard them say - we'd love to see you at tryouts to multiple players. Including some very good players.

People who don't like skywalkers are spreading misinformation
Give me a break .... M&D is recruiting players too. There are coaches and even worse - parents (very visible parents )- who have "promised" players from other clubs spots on M&D teams. Trust me ... I've seen it with my own eyes. There's sideline talk of next year "when so and so is on defense we'll have a much stronger defense" , etc.. There are girls who live very far away from any M&D practice sites who have been told they have spots. So give me a break with the skywalkers clinic garbage.

I'm not saying the Robinson's have made these promises but coaches and parents have. So don't let anyone from M&D say that skywalkers is recruiting . That is the fat pot calling the kettle black
Seems M&D blk won easily in pool play vs Heros green and then lost in finals again to them. Was this questionable coaching calls? Seriously asking was it?
Seems M&D blk won easily in pool play vs Heros green and then lost in finals again to them. Was this questionable coaching calls? Seriously asking was it?

MnD out shot Hero's. Poor shots and playing catch with the goalie is a good recipe for losing.
SW, M&D, Heroes are not developing girls they are acquiring talent . If your daughter is not the all in just lax girl at 12 they don't want you. You will need to work on your game and have a midlevel club give you the attention and playing time needed. Then you can bail on them and play for one of those clubs until you get cut.

But good luck!

Please take everything you read on this site with a grain of salt. Sky Walkers attempts to be competitive in every age group just like M&D and Hero's. When you tryout for these clubs, you have to know that:
1. There is no guarantee for playing time. Sky Walkers is looking to develop talent. No incentive to improve when equal playing time rules are instituted. You work hard and earn playing time. That is how it will be when you are in high school and college. This is also explained thoroughly at the try outs.
2. Your position on the team is not guaranteed. You may not start, you could be moved to the white team, or you may not even make the team during the next tryouts. That is a reality.

This is the method for developing talent and is not incompatible with what I stated earlier. You have to realize that you've probably put your daughter in the wrong situation--that's what is not fair. The winning formula for your daughter involves finding the club that matches her abilities/potential. Don't try to change a club's philosophy to meet your daughter's needs--it won't happen.

Sky Walkers is more focused on the fundamentals than on wins and losses. A constant infusion of the most talented players possible makes developing high level players much more attainable.

To those interested in Sky Walkers, we'll be at the Mid-Atlantic Showcase. Stop by our tent and talk to our parents and get their opinion first hand. We don't bite I promise. Feel free to come out to a practice and watch for yourselves. Just don't believe everything your read on this site.

It's pretty tacky that SW is emailing invitations to other girls in the local community who play for other clubs and inviting them personally to tryout for SW and promising them a spot on the team. This seems like a desperate attempt to win at all costs to me. Choose wisely. It may seem flattering for you or your child if you are receiving this invitation but don't think for one minute that they will not hesitate to recruit to replace your child in future seasons.
Golly gee. Stop would you! The stirreth of the potter. I personally don’t feel that SW would ever need to do that. Mind you, they are a top club in the country. How about just focusing on your child and help “her” make her dreams come true?
SW, M&D, Heroes are not developing girls they are acquiring talent . If your daughter is not the all in just lax girl at 12 they don't want you. You will need to work on your game and have a midlevel club give you the attention and playing time needed. Then you can bail on them and play for one of those clubs until you get cut.

Finally some truth
Can someone please explain why Skywalkers forfeited at Lax for the Cure?
Can someone please explain why Skywalkers forfeited at Lax for the Cure?

OUCH.... Someone went there... My guess is that they had something more important to do after driving 3 hours to play in a lacrosse tournament, then play lacrosse.
Word is Integrity director taking HS teams and will retire -and leaving younger teams to TR . That will be a mess. No wonder the early tryout dates .
This time next week most team tryouts will be over! Base your predictions here, how many players will be scurrying to Hero's based on their phenomenal performance this season? How many players will be trying out Monday at one club, Tuesday at another? How quick will coaches be making offers to get players to commit. Let the madness begin
My predictions:

Hero's needs more speed
M&D needs better shooters
Skywalkers needs more depth

NEMS is the team to watch out for in the future.
My predictions:

Hero's needs more speed

The big programs like SW, Hero's, M&D always get better. Teams like NEMS is a team that is good at a young age and falls off quick. Show me one good older NEMS team. Ask around on the older NEMS teams. A lot of parents wish they would of left sooner or are now stuck there.
Word is Integrity director taking HS teams and will retire -and leaving younger teams to TR . That will be a mess. No wonder the early tryout dates .

Wow-she almost destroyed Bay Area. I give Integrity a year and they will be East Coast LOL
My predictions:

Hero's needs more speed

Might be the best prediction going into 2020.
The key is to be on a top team come 9th grade. Wins and losses don't matter. But when you go watch the M&D, SW, YJ, etc high school games the sidelines are packed with top D1 college coaches. The mid-level clubs have a few D3 or low end D1 coaches watching. This weekend at G8 there would be games on side by side fields of 2021 teams and there would be over 40 coaches watching the top teams and 2 or 3 sitting right behind them watching the mid-level teams. Exposure is the most important thing and those clubs offer it.
How do you put your daughter in a position to find the right team when they all tryout in the same two/three day period?
People were moving from that poor (3rd tier) program b/c what TR says will happen and what happens are two different things. Not a ton of communication or response or development of players.

Before we go down the Spalding recent 3rd place success discussion, is that based on coaching or just very good talent at the 2019, 2020 and 2021 level from Anne Arundel?
Here is a piece of unsolicited advice for the administration of M&D .... since you don't seem to believe your team parents that are complaining to you -you should come watch every M&D team that has a parent coach in this final tournament. Bring a clipboard and track how much playing time daughters of coaches and assistant coaches are getting. And then ask yourself: Should that player be starting ? And starting every game ? Should that player be in the ENTIRE game ? What are they accomplishing while they are in the game ? Are they scoring or turning the ball over or missing easy shots ? Are they getting consistently burned on defense ? And most importantly - Who is on the bench while they are in the entire game ? Are the girls on the bench players that could be contributing and changing the outcome of the game ? And are the girls sitting on the bench so that the coach's daughter can play either the entire game or 90% of it ? Please take an honest look at those questions.

If you don't - you while keep finding your players at clinics at Skywalkers and Coppermine and at early tryouts at Heros and Skywalkers.

And my unsolicited advice extends to parents from other clubs considering M&D (or any other club team with parent coaches). Go and watch and see what level the daughters of coaches are and where they fall on the roster and then compare that to the amount of playing time they get and what they do while they're playing. Most times you'll be concerned by what you see.
The key is to be on a top team come 9th grade. Wins and losses don't matter. But when you go watch the M&D, SW, YJ, etc high school games the sidelines are packed with top D1 college coaches. The mid-level clubs have a few D3 or low end D1 coaches watching. This weekend at G8 there would be games on side by side fields of 2021 teams and there would be over 40 coaches watching the top teams and 2 or 3 sitting right behind them watching the mid-level teams. Exposure is the most important thing and those clubs offer it.

You nailed it!!! I think so many parents can only judge by wins and loses. They say we are winning games so we must be good. Well it's pretty easy to have a good athlete run the ball coast to coast in 5 thru 7 grade. Defense don't know how to play. My advice to anyone who has a talented daughter that wants to work at a higher level get to a SW, M and D, Hero's team as early as possible. Winning games mean nothing. Heck college coaches usually only stay one half anyways. They could care less what the score is.

How do you put your daughter in a position to find the right team when they all tryout in the same two/three day period?

Have them contact the directors and practice with the team before tryouts. Sw's does this regularly.

You nailed it!!! I think so many parents can only judge by wins and loses. They say we are winning games so we must be good. Well it's pretty easy to have a good athlete run the ball coast to coast in 5 thru 7 grade. Defense don't know how to play. My advice to anyone who has a talented daughter that wants to work at a higher level get to a SW, M and D, Hero's team as early as possible. Winning games mean nothing. Heck college coaches usually only stay one half anyways. They could care less what the score is.

That is if lacrosse is the most important thing and academics is second. You will find out-the key is to get your D in great school and career. You don't need a top club -keep drinking the Koolaid.

That is if lacrosse is the most important thing and academics is second. You will find out-the key is to get your D in great school and career. You don't need a top club -keep drinking the Koolaid.

That is the dumbest statement ever. I don't think anyone on here is foolish enough to neglect academics. The reality is if your daughter is a good player and a decent student she will have opportunities available that wouldn't be there if she were just a decent student. If she is good at both, then the sky is only limited to what the family can afford in regards to college. From there being a student athlete opens more doors compared to someone not playing sports once they graduate. In addition if they graduate from a top tier d1 or ivy League school the opportunities are endless with the strong alumni ties.
I agree -you don't need to be on top team to get scholarship and play at great college. The top players at each team are selected first. The top coaches will shoot for the top players and go down the list. The attacker who stands at X does not score for YJ or M&D is not going over the best middie at midlevel club.
Golly gee. Stop would you! The stirreth of the potter. I personally don’t feel that SW would ever need to do that. Mind you, they are a top club in the country. How about just focusing on your child and help “her” make her dreams come true?

Golly gee SW did indeed email local girls still in season with their current clubs to invite them to “practice”. We received one for my daughter and other parents on other teams received them as well. If you are a SW parent, you should start worrying about it because their current objective doesn’t seem to be their current players but more about poaching better players to replace yours.
My predictions:

Hero's needs more speed

Oh NEMS dad, keep praying.
All of this college recruiting talk in a girls 2025 forum just goes to show you how bat s&%t crazy all of you are.
All of this college recruiting talk in a girls 2025 forum just goes to show you how bat s&%t crazy all of you are.

“Guana Loco”!!

Golly gee SW did indeed email local girls still in season with their current clubs to invite them to “practice”. We received one for my daughter and other parents on other teams received them as well. If you are a SW parent, you should start worrying about it because their current objective doesn’t seem to be their current players but more about poaching better players to replace yours.

How did SW get the emails? Those parents must have expressed interest at some point and gave SW their emails (or maybe SW used Russian hackers to infiltrate the computers of other clubs?). If you are a SW, M&D, Hero's parent, please be glad you are on a team that continually tries to get better. If you are on a team that is totally dedicated to keeping the current roster of kids, could you please list that team? The objective of some people on this forum is to spread misinformation or demonstrate their ignorance regarding club level or displace their anger over putting their kids in the wrong situation--regardless, that is pretty sad and I feel bad for you.
Should you feel "bad" about ditching a club post tryouts if offered a spot and accepted?
Should you feel "bad" about ditching a club post tryouts if offered a spot and accepted?

"No"

Post tryouts, no. In season with your current club, yes.
No lots of girls tryout at multiple clubs to get the right fit. Don't get pressured in.
The better clubs tryout this week and next. Make sure your D is developing into a better player at the club. Check out the philosophy of the club and coach toward playing time and winning.
M&D can’t win important games, and it’s not the players fault. Coaching is bad when games get tight, they haven’t won anything.
M&D struggled in finals, so what. I’m bet your daughter would take playing championship games every weekend. These girls should be proud! They have targets on their backs every weekend and every team circles M&D on the schedule and brings their best effort.
M&D can’t win important games, and it’s not the players fault. Coaching is bad when games get tight, they haven’t won anything.

OK? And? Let’s look at an organizational perspective. Obviously Capital, Heros, YJ, LI TG, M&D, Monster, SW (alphabetical order) and possibly 1 or 2 others should be applauded for putting top talent on the field at both the A &B division.

Parents and coaches you should be proud of your child’s hard work!
The Red team has better coaching than the black. Anyone can sub players with some talent -the Black team has not improved as a team at all.
The Red team has better coaching than the black. Anyone can sub players with some talent -the Black team has not improved as a team at all.

Another dumb statement. If your daughter is on the Red team, congrats on a great season and enjoy another year on the Red team. The Black HC is one of the best if the not the best at this age group. We may be 2 years removed from a NGLL championship but this is still one of the top 3 teams in the country. Up until the championship game with Hero's this team smoked every team they played. No one was saying any of this BS when they were "drubbing" teams like SW 19-1. This team beat Hero's 4 out of 6 times in the spring and summer. Unfortunately, those 2 losses came in championship games and those are the only games this team has lost in. That's right these girls played in every CHAMPIONSHIP game but i guess its easy for a coach just to sub players and make it to EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP game. Just like it is to jump on a team on a down year. For the record, there minus 2 teams every team in this age group would have loved to have a season like theirs...

Another dumb statement. If your daughter is on the Red team, congrats on a great season and enjoy another year on the Red team. The Black HC is one of the best if the not the best at this age group. We may be 2 years removed from a NGLL championship but this is still one of the top 3 teams in the country. Up until the championship game with Hero's this team smoked every team they played. No one was saying any of this BS when they were "drubbing" teams like SW 19-1. This team beat Hero's 4 out of 6 times in the spring and summer. Unfortunately, those 2 losses came in championship games and those are the only games this team has lost in. That's right these girls played in every CHAMPIONSHIP game but i guess its easy for a coach just to sub players and make it to EVERY CHAMPIONSHIP game. Just like it is to jump on a team on a down year. For the record, there minus 2 teams every team in this age group would have loved to have a season like theirs...

Wow touchy -everyone is allowed their opinion . That team is not winning as in the past fact.

Wow touchy -everyone is allowed their opinion . That team is not winning as in the past fact.

(2025 Red parent jumping in) Hey thanks for congratulations on the great season! Let's see if there are any new faces at tryouts tonight and if the blk team adds players to help improve. Cheers
Dear 25 Black parent.... Don't get defensive. I think we all agree that the 25 black coach is a good coach and one of the most credentialed around. And if she were at another club getting to each championship would be considered a success. But you're at M&D. They self proclaim to be the best - so expectations are high.

As a parent on a competing team .... I would be concerned that even though your team is making championships they're not finishing. And yes you beat skuwalkers by 16 but that was 2.5 months ago. They've improved - your team is stagnating. You only tied skywalkers last weekend, You've lost to YJ each time, your team keeps missing out on NGLL championships, etc.. I think some of your parents are worried. It's not a personal attack. And what should be most worrisome is the number of good girls from other clubs going to skywalkers (possibly already accepting spots) and heros in your age group. Your team will stay the same while they pick up players (maybe even your own)

Let's all agree ~ No one should be calling out a coach personally - especially not one with her experience. But your team needs some juice going in to next season
I think Black got some good juice. Picked up some real good players. Lets see what happens in the fall!!

Wow-she almost destroyed Bay Area. I give Integrity a year and they will be East Coast LOL

Integrity offered to anybody willing to pay$$$ they want 2 teams at all lower ages for moneygrab. TR should stick with Spalding
Must be the money!
How are tryouts for the teams looking so far?
I think Black got some good juice. Picked up some real good players. Lets see what happens in the fall!!

From what I heard, it is a little more juice and also a reluctance to move any of the existing friends and family of the girls on the team already. Time will tell if that puts them over the top in the championship games (which they play in almost all).
Friends and family lacrosse does not work in long run.

I guess the new families who showed up at tryouts disagreed.

I guess the new families who showed up at tryouts disagreed.

Pretty sure that players were kept due to friendships and familiarity instead of talent

But the sales do
Oh please. The 25 Black team is the 2nd best team in the country, they didn’t need to change much. And they got better in tryouts. This team has great coaches, great players, and yes, they all like each other.

Please do not take offense as there were some good girls that tried out and did not make the black team but is it possible they didn't standout? I mean these are tryouts and if you are a new face coming in you need to jump out and a few new kids did and were a offered the first day. If a kid didn't standout and it doesnt mean they were better or worse than any current player, its just hard for a coach to cut a kid that knows and is loyal to the program. Think that goes for Black, Blue, Green or any other color of the rainbow.

Tryouts are over and teams are set. Lets enjoy the break and start bashing each other in 4-6 weeks when the 2019-2020 season starts.
How’s the new Skywalkers/Coppermine team looking. Interested to see how the Coppermine rebounds from Skywalkers taking a bunch of their players.
How’s the new Skywalkers/Coppermine team looking. Interested to see how the Coppermine rebounds from Skywalkers taking a bunch of their players.

How many moved from Coppermine? Were many from the black team? Why did they leave?
Coppermine goalie tried out for M&D, not sure if she accepted Red . Parents from both teams are pretty awful
Coppermine goalie tried out for M&D, not sure if she accepted Red . Parents from both teams are pretty awful

A statement like that makes me think you are pretty awful. None M&D parent here........ the parents on both of those teams are really lovely and very supportive of their daughters. Take a moment to actually chat with them rather than making sideline assumptions.

She is not on the Red team. One of the Black team's goalies left and they picked up a new one. I don't know if she was from Coppermine.
The first ever yellow card that I’ve seen given to a parent was a Coppermine dad who yelled at the ref all game. 2025 Coppermine dad.
and that dad will be yelling from the sidelines while wearing another club team's fan gear.
Coppermine was garbage, who are they gonna make better
Coppermine was garbage, who are they gonna make better

Non biased as I have no affiliation with either age group or clubs mentioned, but some Coppermine age groups are getting better and girls are improving. Not all age groups but most. Will they ever be a caliber of M and D, Heros, SW? Probably not, but are improving since they started, which wasn’t very long ago. Give them a break.
Most of these smaller clubs will always be feeder programs to the M&D, Skywalkers and Heros.
Most of these smaller clubs will always be feeder programs to the M&D, Skywalkers and Heros.

The grass is always greener. This is the problem with club lacrosse .
Diamonds folding.
Diamonds folding.

Why do you say that? They had tryouts for next season?
Diamonds folding.

What are you talking about? The team of the club?
The club. Owner took the job at GW.
The entire program is folding. People were notified yesterday.
Did they have tryouts/teams ?
The entire program is folding. People were notified yesterday.

Something fishy going on here. Announced updated tryout dates and a few hours later announced they were folding, leaving many teams/players without a home. Why should the club director taking a (local) job force the entire club to fold? Couldn't she have found some additional coaches and kept the club together and not displaced a hundred players after many tryouts are already complete? There is more to this story.
Nothing is fishy. She doesn't give a hoot. This is what happens when you have a small club where the director coaches or is involved with every team.
She made sure her daughter was ok and then rolled out. Simple as that.

For all the complaints about M&D/Skwalkers/Heros at least they're stable and no one person leaving will devastate those clubs
Plenty of parents willing to spend $$$ to be on the it team. This seems like the director pulled a fast one .Don't worry Integrity and MDU have A and B teams and take everyone.
91 with big addition. Serious challenge to hawks and definitely supremacy in Baltimore area
Nothing is fishy. She doesn't give a hoot. This is what happens when you have a small club where the director coaches or is involved with every team.

For all the complaints about M&D/Skwalkers/Heros at least they're stable and no one person leaving will devastate those clubs

She was/is a selfish controlling owner. Not trusting others to coach and help with the program was the beginning of the end. Those that drank the “we don’t care about winning because we teach the fundamentals” kool aid paid the price. Now those kids are left to pick up the pieces and hope they can find a team. But what does she care? smh
Plenty of parents willing to spend $$$ to be on the it team. This seems like the director pulled a fast one .Don't worry Integrity and MDU have A and B teams and take everyone.

Wow very accurate

She was/is a selfish controlling owner. Not trusting others to coach and help with the program was the beginning of the end. Those that drank the “we don’t care about winning because we teach the fundamentals” kool aid paid the price. Now those kids are left to pick up the pieces and hope they can find a team. But what does she care? smh

It was not a last minute decision. She had her daughter at other club tryouts prior to folding Diamonds. She knew what she was doing.
You looking for the boys thread .... also, supremacy. That is hysterical. Middle school lacrosse .... supremacy. Thats rich.
Diamonds are forever
Shine Bright like a Diamond
It’s hard to be a Diamond in a Rhinestone world
everyone wants to be a diamond...but very few are willing to get cut

I am not sure why parents let their D play on a B team . There are a lot of clubs with only one team per age group. It is great $ for club but mistake -maybe M&D but no other B.
While kind of funny on an anonymous board, really not funny if you think about it. Those making fun of the fact a woman just blew up a lot of player’s plans must not have had a player involved in the entire fiasco. Be glad for that. Because the majority of those girls are now screwed, including the 2021 team going into their final season.
I am hoping the 21 and 22 teams can find a club to accept them as a team and give them an umbrella to play under. Coppermine or C2 possibly ??

I am not sure why parents let their D play on a B team . There are a lot of clubs with only one team per age group. It is great $ for club but mistake -maybe M&D but no other B.

SW White teams in the past 4 years have almost twice the amount of girls playing D1 ball than M & D Red so please do your homework next time. Just sayin’!
SW White is probably the only B team I would consider in Maryland.

SW White teams in the past 4 years have almost twice the amount of girls playing D1 ball than M & D Red so please do your homework next time. Just sayin’!

I would like to see the stats and which teams -calling BS
Actually Diamonds has the most. Lol

It’s all online, plus everybody else knows.....well except you.
SW White is the only B team I would consider for my daughter in Maryland.

I’m a SW White parent and agree, however Heros White can be pretty competitive as well. Other than that, agreed.

You must not be from Maryland then.
I am hoping the 21 and 22 teams can find a club to accept them as a team and give them an umbrella to play under. Coppermine or C2 possibly ??

Very sad for these girls to lose the team they supported for years in their final seasons. It has to be an emotional time for them. I hope someone picks them up and lets them play out together.

Very sad for these girls to lose the team they supported for years in their final seasons. It has to be an emotional time for them. I hope someone picks them up and lets them play out together.

Have they thought about all sticking together and approaching an organization that doesn’t have “b” teams just to allow them to fall under their umbrella? I’m certain there has to be some empathetic director out there that would consider that idea.
SW white is not sending players to top 10 programs. But, I do know they are sending girls to some solid D1, D2 and D3 programs such as West Point, Dartmouth, UMBC, Villanova, William and Mary, Dickinson, Gettysburg to name a few..

Fake news

Fake news

The only real news is former M&D Red players on the stat sheet for D2/D3 (Mostly D3) schools. Stop drinkin’ the (Red) Kool-Aid son!

Good luck to all former Diamond players moving forward, which is what this post should be about.

Thought this was the 2025 girls thread?
A quick look at last year shows M&D Red 2025 won the NGLL "B" league which had "B" teams and some mid-atlantic "A" teams (like Diamonds). Then faced the 2nd place "A" teams who lost in their regional finals. Then won their LFTC division and won one of the final tournaments against "A" teams (and Hero's white...again).

If we are talking 2025, I don't think SW even has a 2025 white team. Or least not one that has competed in the 2018/2019 season.
Coppermine took the entire Diamonds 2023 team under their umbrella. Not sure what happened at other age groups

Thought this was the 2025 girls thread?
A quick look at last year shows M&D Red 2025 won the NGLL "B" league which had "B" teams and some mid-atlantic "A" teams (like Diamonds). Then faced the 2nd place "A" teams who lost in their regional finals. Then won their LFTC division and won one of the final tournaments against "A" teams (and Hero's white...again).

If we are talking 2025, I don't think SW even has a 2025 white team. Or least not one that has competed in the 2018/2019 season.

A SW parent has a tough time being wrong about the "B" team SW
© US Lacrosse Community Forum