@BackOfTheCAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
test post
Anyone have tryout numbers for this age group?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have tryout numbers for this age group?

It's the first year for this age group, and they are 4th graders. Numbers won't be outrageous.
2nd year for many.
Most tryouts at the earlier ages are town kids checking it out but it ready to make the financial commitment
FCA 2026 had a nice turnout with some pretty good talent showing up; however I have no idea who stayed or went elsewhere. This is a fun group to watch for sure!
Which teams will be at Halloween Havoc for this age group?
BLC 2026 Blue team won it last year but I don't think they are going to come back. Not sure if their Orange team will play in it.
Last season, it seemed like the Hawks and BLC were the cream of the crop. Anyone expecting any changes? Now that the kids are getting older, I assume more will join club teams. Will that change anything?
There will be a lot more teams for this grade starting this season. Some could be competitive out of the gate. Others might take a year or so, but the added competition is good. Roughriders, FCA, Team 91, Zingos are just a few that are just starting their 2026 teams.
91 had a 2026 team last year.
Way too soon to shell out thousands for 9yr old lacrosse...Wait until 6th grade

Completely disagree if the coaching being given in the rec world is lacking.
Coaching and playing with and against better players. World of difference.

This is funny you pretend DMV Lax parents care about money and how much things cost. Avg house price of a Lax parent in the DMV has to be 750K if not higher. Most of these parents have no shame in using there money to out spend to insure little Johnny gets a huge leg up on all those other kids. This sport is a race to spend the most so your son is better then the rest. Just look what high level private Face off training can do to a kid. There are tons of pure athletes that get owned by a kid whose dad spent 2k or more to have Johnny trained up. Lacrosse has a high level of skill aspect to it. Being a pure athlete helps big time but if no one train this Athlete to hold the stick correctly or when to dodge or pass it does not help like in a sport like football.

Club owner or Dad that just wrote a 1500 check trying to justify his actions... Go for it big money.... ... Club at this age group is glorified Rec with a heftier price tag....
That would be Dad. How is it different (if anything cheaper) than tennis, ice hockey, etc. or piano or karate lessons? And if u have seen AA teams play A teams, or see kids start club in 6th grade, you must see the difference in the teams that started earlier.

But I do appreciate your insights on how it has worked out for my son (who still plays three sports).

Club owner or Dad that just wrote a 1500 check trying to justify his actions... Go for it big money.... ... Club at this age group is glorified Rec with a heftier price tag....

Sorry your son didn’t make the team. Maybe next year.
Any scores from Looneys Roughriders Madlax today?
Any scores from Looneys Roughriders Madlax today?

Looney’s vs Rough Riders - Lonney’s 9-3, but Rough Riders will improve by spring, lots of talented players.

Rough Riders vs MadLax - Rough Riders 5-4, MadLax looked good but Rough Riders had stronger Midfield lines.

Looney’s vs MadLax - Looney’s 7-4

Madlax beat rough riders 5-4 per tourney app
Madlax beat rough riders 5-4 per tourney app

There are no scores posted on tourney machine for any of the games in any division. It's fall ball.
Cavalier 2022, 2024 and 2026 each won the championship at Colonial Challenge. Not aware of any other club that has successfully won 3 championships at the same tournament. Our boys work very hard and deserve every accolade they get. What an incredible accomplishment. Just saying.
Congrats to the Cavalier 2026 team. Who else was in the Colonial tournament?

Will the 2026 team be playing in HOCO this year like some of the older Cavalier teams?
here are the results from the tournament
http://www.capitallacrosse.com/2017%20Colonial%20Challenge%20Results.pdf
Anyone have results of the other fall tournaments for 2026 teams?

Looks like BLC won the Madlax fall tournament in the AA group and Next Level won the lower group.

What other tournament results have people seen?
Hawks won both of their fall tournaments. NXT Harvest Classic in Philadelphia and the Fall Brawl.

Zingos won one of their tournaments.
From what I saw the Cavs 2026 team played weak competition and played the EKLC "B" team and 2 rec teams. I believe the EKLC "A" team went to MD only this fall.
Hawks won both of their fall tournaments. NXT Harvest Classic in Philadelphia and the Fall Brawl.

Zingos won one of their tournaments.

Zingo's ...Get Real..
Any idea who will be in which Divisions for HoCo? I believe they will have AA, A and B this year for 2026.
I haven't seen anything yet for HoCo. I assume we'll see the divisions soon. Does anyone know when they usually announce the details?

I'm hoping we see some of the Virginia teams this year. It's a haul for them but would like to see how they look.

Any idea who will be in which Divisions for HoCo? I believe they will have AA, A and B this year for 2026.
HOCO AA
Hawks
Bethesda
Madlax
Diamondbacks
Team 91
Looneys
Has this list been validated?
Heard from 2 coaches this was the list, but may change with the possible addition of 1 or 2 teams to get to 8.
Has this list been validated?

No.
Interesting that there is no Next Level.

Hawks and Bethesda were a clear step ahead of the those other teams last year. History says that some of those teams will close the gap quickly over the next year+. Does anyone see a team making a big jump this year? Maybe the Diamondbacks?

HOCO AA
Hawks
Bethesda
Madlax
Diamondbacks
Team 91
Looneys
From a recent Hoco list:

2026 AA

Team 91
Bethesda Blue
API Diamondbacks
Hawks
Madlax Capital
LOONEYS
Cannons
FCA

2026 A

Zingos
Breakers
3D Select
Lax World
Roughriders
Peninsula
HOCO
Next Level
East Side Lacrosse

2026 B

SCYL
Bethesda Orange
Sidewinders
Fallston
Rockfish Green
CLC
Green Hornets
Madlax DMV
CAVALIER
KELLY POST
I don't know many of the teams in the B division.

Does anyone know how these divisions are set? Do teams slot themselves or does HoCo place them? Or both?
1st week schedule out.

no madlax capital anywhere.

AA
Roughriders
Diamondbacks
Bethesda Blue
Penninsula
Hawks
Team 91
Looneys
Cannons

A
Next Level
Bethesda Orange
Breakers
3D Select
Eastside Lacrosse
Green Hornets
Zingos
Laxworld
HoCo
FCA

B
Madlax DMV
Coppermine
South Carroll
Fallston
Sidewinders
Catonsville
Rockfish Green
Kelly Post
1st week schedule out.

no madlax capital anywhere.

AA
Roughriders
Diamondbacks
Bethesda Blue
Penninsula
Hawks
Team 91
Looneys
Cannons

A
Next Level
Bethesda Orange
Breakers
3D Select
Eastside Lacrosse
Green Hornets
Zingos
Laxworld
HoCo
FCA

B
Madlax DMV
Coppermine
South Carroll
Fallston
Sidewinders
Catonsville
Rockfish Green
Kelly Post

Madlax Capital has a week 1 Bye, odd number of teams in 2026 AA.
Can someone post a link to the HOCO league? Thank you for your help.
http://www.eteamz.com/hcrpsports/index.cfm?subsite=6171250
What about the Cav's 2026 team? Don't see team anywhere....2025 says they are HOCO League, but 2026 makes no mention.
Who?xRN9ps
cavs 2026 not playing HOCO
What are they playing?
What are they playing?

Not sure, I heard they didnt have the players to do HOCO
Does anyone put stock in the MPLL at this age group?

Absolutely

Absolutely

Is the 2026 a strict grade year play, or more a U11 B league?
The HoCo 2026 is set up just like the rest of the Grade Based levels. Kids can play up, but not many 4th graders are playing on in the 5th-grade teams. I don't think your comment about the leagues being a U11 B league makes much sense. In the HoCo 2026 AA, these are the strongest teams in 2026 (4th grade) from the area. Now the MPLL is a mix of AA, A and B teams and games tend to be a little more lopsided then you see in HoCo because all the teams play in one division, it's not broken out like it is in HoCo.
The HoCo 2026 is set up just like the rest of the Grade Based levels. Kids can play up, but not many 4th graders are playing on in the 5th-grade teams. I don't think your comment about the leagues being a U11 B league makes much sense. In the HoCo 2026 AA, these are the strongest teams in 2026 (4th grade) from the area. Now the MPLL is a mix of AA, A and B teams and games tend to be a little more lopsided then you see in HoCo because all the teams play in one division, it's not broken out like it is in HoCo.

At my son's practice this week we were informed that there is a combined 25/26 team in this (MPLL) league. It was (apparently) approved by the organizations collectively due to the weakness of the team even with the older players.

At my son's practice this week we were informed that there is a combined 25/26 team in this (MPLL) league. It was (apparently) approved by the organizations collectively due to the weakness of the team even with the older players.

Which team ?

Which team ?

Yeah, which team is combined? There are plenty of teams with a couple of 25 players on it, but not a mixed team.

Which team ?

Yeah, which team is combined? There are plenty of teams with a couple of 25 players on it, but not a mixed team.

There shouldnt be....they should be 26's with a few 27's.

Which team ?

Exactly. If there are 25 players on 26 teams, then they should be playing in the 25 division.

Which team ?

Exactly. If there are 25 players on 26 teams, then they should be playing in the 25 division.

Maybe someone misspoke the grad years. Hopefully it was just a slip up or a memory issue on my part.
Pardon my ignorance...new lax dad. What is MPLL

Maryland Premier Lacrosse League from April 7th-May 20th in Brooklandville,MD for Teams in the 2022-2026 Grad Years.
Originally Posted by TM@BOTC

Maryland Premier Lacrosse League from April 7th-May 20th in Brooklandville,MD for Teams in the 2022-2026 Grad Years.

Thanks - we come up from Bethesda for HOCO. I thought there wasn’t a league too far for our team to play in but north of Baltimore might be it!

Do some teams play in both? How does the competition compare to the HOCO AA division?
You will not play the Hawks in the MPLL.
You will not play the Hawks in the MPLL.

No one asked or cares. But thanks Hawks dad for letting us know.
Who is team to beat for 2026 young guns this weekend?
Laxachussetts or Hawks
As good of a 10 yr old lax game as you will see anywhere today. Hawks vs Laxachusetts, congrats to both teams
The 2026 championship game between the Hawks and Laxachusetts was one of the most exciting youth sports events I have ever seen. A great game, played so well, by two tough and tenacious teams. Congratulations to all the players. As a Laxachusetts parent, it was great to see the Boston parents lining up on both sides as the Hawks players walked by, clapping and cheering for each and every one of them. It was a game worthy of "Co-Champs".
Could not agree more. As the parent of the 2026 Hawks goalie he said those were the best shooters he has faced. Good, tough Laxachuttes team. Congrats to players and Coaches!
Anyone know if there is video footage of that game available?
Who was the best 2026 team out there this summer?
Who was the best 2026 team out there this summer?

In which division?
top division. best team or teams. locally and elsewhere
Whole Season
AA
Hawks
Looneys
Bethesda

A
PLC
Canons
Roughriders

B
Sidewinders
I would agree with the below. But I'd consider swapping Arden with Looneys in the AA division.

PLC is sneaky good. They need to play up next season.

Whole Season
AA
Hawks
Looneys
Bethesda

A
PLC
Canons
Roughriders

B
Sidewinders