@BackOfTheCAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
heros moved tryouts to a week earlier than all other clubs. Now they are also holding a pre tryout prior to next week? What gives? We live in MoCo and my daughter is signed up for tryouts But she can't be there tomorrow.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
heros moved tryouts to a week earlier than all other clubs. Now they are also holding a pre tryout prior to next week? What gives? We live in MoCo and my daughter is signed up for tryouts But she can't be there tomorrow.
do your self a favor and send your kid to MC Elite
Tomorrow is optional, does not matter. Plus 98% of that team is set. Very little if any are expected to leave, and few leave other teams to join Heros.
Trying to beat M&D and Skywalkers!! Lock up the talent before they go elsewhere.

Pre Tryout is just a one day camp, run by Finish Line Lacrosse, for anyone who wants to sharpen up prior to tryouts. It is not required and/or not needed.
They are holding a pre tryout clinic for every youth team except their strongest ( 2023 ). What does that tell you ? They are trying to scout / pluck talent . And must feel like they need help at 2022.
Tomorrow is optional, does not matter. Plus 98% of that team is set. Very little if any are expected to leave, and few leave other teams to join Heros.

LOL

LOL

Or Rebels. Never mind - Rebels had their tryouts a few weeks back.
MC Elite's tryouts are the week after Hero's.

Rebels? That's funny.

If they're good at faking injuries to waste time on a running clock when they're up by less than 2 goals, try out for m&d

Rebels? That's funny.

If they're good at faking injuries to waste time on a running clock when they're up by less than 2 goals, try out for m&d

Do you need more straws?
what was the record MnD vs Heros head to head this season?

4-1-1 edge to M&D
Hero's did win the NGLL league!! I feel like that means a lot more since its a full 45 minute championship game
Hero's did win the NGLL league!! I feel like that means a lot more since its a full 45 minute championship game

It counts as 1 in the 4-1-1. All but 1 of the 4 wins for M&D were full games. And Hero's backed into the Championship in that one after a full game loss to M&D in pool play. Need more straws ? Or more Pre Tryout clinics ?
Merger between API and MD United announced today. While neither are relevant, it still provides an indoor facility for MD United, perhaps even additional teams. All new teams will be called "south", as that is where their talent pool is going.
Merger between API and MD United announced today. While neither are relevant, it still provides an indoor facility for MD United, perhaps even additional teams. All new teams will be called "south", as that is where their talent pool is going.

What happened to the API and Hero's merge?

This is a great thing for both programs. It will be interesting to see how competitive they become.

What happened to the API and Hero's merge?
there was never a merger with heros

It counts as 1 in the 4-1-1. All but 1 of the 4 wins for M&D were full games. And Hero's backed into the Championship in that one after a full game loss to M&D in pool play. Need more straws ? Or more Pre Tryout clinics ?

M and D are nothin' but a bunch of floppers! The coaches daughter is good, but is full of drama. Almost as much drama as the coaches have towards the officials during a call they think should go their way. Good team, GREAT DRAMA, and have 2-3 threats rather than play team ball. That will be exposed during their HS stint.

M and D are nothin' but a bunch of floppers! The coaches daughter is good, but is full of drama. Almost as much drama as the coaches have towards the officials during a call they think should go their way. Good team, GREAT DRAMA, and have 2-3 threats rather than play team ball. That will be exposed during their HS stint.

My daughter's team has played M&D too many times to count. Her team likes to play them because it's always competitive and hard fought. They are a good team with bench depth, not just 2-3 threats, and play great team ball. The coach's daughter is good, but is no more full of drama than 80% of the girls playing this sport. Have you never watched a college game? Drama is part of the game. Their coaches have never been out of line during games I've witnessed. My daughter's coach is a bump on a log, and the asst coach is a mute. I would much rather have a passionate coach who is into the game and paying attention to what is going on than what my daughter has now. I hate to rain on your sour parade, but you must have an axe to grind.

My daughter's team has played M&D too many times to count. Her team likes to play them because it's always competitive and hard fought. They are a good team with bench depth, not just 2-3 threats, and play great team ball. The coach's daughter is good, but is no more full of drama than 80% of the girls playing this sport. Have you never watched a college game? Drama is part of the game. Their coaches have never been out of line during games I've witnessed. My daughter's coach is a bump on a log, and the asst coach is a mute. I would much rather have a passionate coach who is into the game and paying attention to what is going on than what my daughter has now. I hate to rain on your sour parade, but you must have an axe to grind.

Whatever you say, M&D dad.

See, you really do know nothing. I'm actually a Redshirts dad.

Then you really can't say anything. Lmao

Be more specific please. Are you talking about the daughter of the assistant coach or main coach?

Then you really can't say anything. Lmao

Don't go bragging about that.

Well, you must be a joy to deal with

Yes my daughter's team has played m&d several times. The parents dont stop complaining the entire time. I guess they feel they must constanly attack other team's players and refs. The coaches need to have a talk with them,but with the coaches doing the same thing, that wont happen. Daddy ball at it's finest or shall i say worst

Yes my daughter's team has played m&d several times. The parents dont stop complaining the entire time. I guess they feel they must constanly attack other team's players and refs. The coaches need to have a talk with them,but with the coaches doing the same thing, that wont happen. Daddy ball at it's finest or shall i say worst

Let's break down this daddy ball. Heroes- two dad coaches and a sister coach. Both players dont come off the field. MnD- two parent coaches, one whose player doesn't play much, and the other player who plays when not faking injuries. TLC- can't even keep up with their coaches because they change so frequently. Red shirts- club director coaches the team and his daughter never leaves the field. Skywalkers is the only competitive team with no parent coaching.

Let's break down this daddy ball. Heroes- two dad coaches and a sister coach. Both players dont come off the field. MnD- two parent coaches, one whose player doesn't play much, and the other player who plays when not faking injuries. TLC- can't even keep up with their coaches because they change so frequently. Red shirts- club director coaches the team and his daughter never leaves the field. Skywalkers is the only competitive team with no parent coaching.

In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.
BAH HAAAA!

In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.

BAHAAAAA!

Yes my daughter's team has played m&d several times. The parents dont stop complaining the entire time. I guess they feel they must constanly attack other team's players and refs. The coaches need to have a talk with them,but with the coaches doing the same thing, that wont happen. Daddy ball at it's finest or shall i say worst [/quote]

[/quote]
In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.[/quote]

BAHAAAAA![/quote]

That's hilarious!!
Part of the reason I left our local rec and parks and switched to club was to get away from the "daddy ball" and "friends of the age group coordinators make the teams" bullsh&t. Now I am seeing the same things at clubs that are charging a ton of money. Parent coaches and/or assistant coaches are coaching these so called "elite" club teams. Part of me thinks we should all go back to rec and pay way less money to watch little Suzie make a team and/or get playing time when there's other better/stronger players.

M&D is supposed to be the top (or one of the top 3) clubs around and their teams are full of parent coaches
This issue seems to be heard all across these threads, it's either Daddy Coaches who favor their own kid or College Player Coaches staring at their phones...
Im not sure what the answer is but I keep shelling out the dough for her to be part of an elite team

[/quote]
In all fairness to the one heros coach his daughter is the goalie and the only goalie, so it would be kind of stupid to take her off the field.[/quote]

BAHAAAAA![/quote]

That's hilarious!! [/quote]

What a tool!
This issue seems to be heard all across these threads, it's either Daddy Coaches who favor their own kid or College Player Coaches staring at their phones...
Im not sure what the answer is but I keep shelling out the dough for her to be part of an elite team

It's not always a bad thing to have a parent coach.
I don't always think parent coaches are bad either as long as they are fair and honest about the players on the teams. And if a parent coach has a daughter that is strong then by all means have her play alot. I'm just wondering if parents can be completely objective when their own child is involved. And can they be objective when their daughter's friends are involved. And can they be objective when recruiting starts and there's alot at stake. Maybe they can ?? Who knows ??
I don't always think parent coaches are bad either as long as they are fair and honest about the players on the teams. And if a parent coach has a daughter that is strong then by all means have her play alot. I'm just wondering if parents can be completely objective when their own child is involved. And can they be objective when their daughter's friends are involved. And can they be objective when recruiting starts and there's alot at stake. Maybe they can ?? Who knows ??

Everyone's experience will be different. My daughter has parent coaches and she is happy.
Are there any decent programs for 22s that don't travel off if Long Island. Thanks

That's because parents are not allowed to coach. It is a great organization.
Part of the reason I left our local rec and parks and switched to club was to get away from the "daddy ball" and "friends of the age group coordinators make the teams" bullsh&t. Now I am seeing the same things at clubs that are charging a ton of money. Parent coaches and/or assistant coaches are coaching these so called "elite" club teams. Part of me thinks we should all go back to rec and pay way less money to watch little Suzie make a team and/or get playing time when there's other better/stronger players.

M&D is supposed to be the top (or one of the top 3) clubs around and their teams are full of parent coaches

Learn to flop. M&d.

It's not always a bad thing to have a parent coach.

Especially if your the daughter of the parent/coach

Learn to flop. M&d.

Do you prefer straight or bendable, Heros dad? Your supply has got to be running low.
Don't you have something better to do then troll teenage girls lacrosse blogs between 1:50 am and 1:55 am. Loser says WHAT?
Don't you have something better to do then troll teenage girls lacrosse blogs between 1:50 am and 1:55 am. Loser says WHAT?

Clown?
Are there any decent programs for 22s that don't travel off if Long Island. Thanks

Wrong forum

Do you honestly think there's teenage daughters on here. There's only disgruntled dads on here who should really get lives of their own

Do you honestly think there's teenage daughters on here. There's only disgruntled dads on here who should really get lives of their own

Pathetic disgruntled dads who say "Loser says WHAT?!" explains so much.

Pathetic disgruntled dads who say "Loser says WHAT?!" explains so much.

Exactly
Reporting live from heros tryouts. 65 girls. Mish mash of talent. Green team won't change.
Reporting live from heros tryouts. 65 girls. Mish mash of talent. Green team won't change.

šŸ˜“

Way to stay classy, heros dad.

Ended up with 95 girls. possibly an add from Stars(Attack), MD United(Attack) and a defender from somewhere. Green will be ADDING players, up to 4 or 5 (confirmed).
Originally Posted by Wooga10

Ended up with 95 girls. possibly an add from Stars(Attack), MD United(Attack) and a defender from somewhere. Green will be ADDING players, up to 4 or 5 (confirmed).

Somebody will be losing playing time.

There was no way there were 95 girls there. You don't know how to count. It was around 65.

There was no way there were 95 girls there. You don't know how to count. It was around 65.

I counted 64 . Nowhere near 95 girls.

šŸ‚šŸ’©
funny thing your daughter was one of the 64 or 65. I thought Heros was a bad program, winning only 4 of 7 tournaments and spring league. Hmmm.

Thats cool, the official count that checked in at the tent was 95. But, I guess the facilitators cannot count either. To each their own.

šŸ‚šŸ’©

Great. More idiot hero's dads to deal with.
funny thing your daughter was one of the 64 or 65. I thought Heros was a bad program, winning only 4 of 7 tournaments and spring league. Hmmm.

No one said heros was a bad program. Everyone said it's the Green parents that are the problem. There is no doubt you will keep proving everyone right. Have at it.

Thats cool, the official count that checked in at the tent was 95. But, I guess the facilitators cannot count either. To each their own.

Who cares how many were there. a large number would be expected for a free tryout.

Who cares how many were there. a large number would be expected for a free tryout.

is that 95 for all age groups or just the 22's?

[/quote]
is that 95 for all age groups or just the 22's?[/quote]

Only 2022 tried out last night. And don't believe the Heros dad, there were not 95 players there.
just 2022's.. Interesting saw a few M & D, skywalkers players there, taking advantage of the FREE tryout before they pay for their own tryout i guess?
just 2022's.. Interesting saw a few M & D, skywalkers players there, taking advantage of the FREE tryout before they pay for their own tryout i guess?

Yes.
Not unusual for players to explore multiple options...in case they lose their spot, trying options to move up from B to A team, other reasons.
Not unusual for players to explore multiple options...in case they lose their spot, trying options to move up from B to A team, other reasons.

I agree. Players should always have back up plans. Registration numbers mean nothing.

Did you get that info from the coaches husband ?

Yes.

red and white girls

No one said heros was a bad program. Everyone said it's the Green parents that are the problem. There is no doubt you will keep proving everyone right. Have at it.

Exactly. Idiot fits the stereotype. What an idiot

Exactly. Idiot fits the stereotype. What an idiot

Did you get that info from the coaches husband ?

He has a wife, not a husband. Or maybe he does have a husband too.
I am a hoco parent who was at tryouts last night. There were a lot of girls there, but not 95. Besides the green players, there was a small handful of other A players, but it was mostly B players trying out. The tryout was run well. I do question having older sisters of current green players as evaluators. That makes for very biased evaluations.

Guessing a certain Hero's dad doesnt realize he's posting while signed in on a registered acct.....lol, who could that be.
No they were skywalkers Blue and M & D Black players, not their white or red teams. must not be happy in paradise.
No they were skywalkers Blue and M & D Black players, not their white or red teams. must not be happy in paradise.

More like wishful thinking on your part.

Guessing a certain Hero's dad doesnt realize he's posting while signed in on a registered acct.....lol, who could that be.

Who could Wooga10 be?
I am a hoco parent who was at tryouts last night. There were a lot of girls there, but not 95. Besides the green players, there was a small handful of other A players, but it was mostly B players trying out. The tryout was run well. I do question having older sisters of current green players as evaluators. That makes for very biased evaluations.

its not just daddy ball now its family ball
Here we go, typical BOTC thread heading down the {insert club name} parents are idiots rabbit hole. As parents, we need to cherish those moments standing on the lacrosse field quietly making fun of the dufus schlepping the family gear in his little red wagon while his wife is yelling at him for forgetting the cheese sticks. Or the dad that still has no idea how to take down a pop up tent, even though he has done it a hundred times. Enjoy those moments as they won't last. As the great taxi cab driver Rodney King so eloquently stated, "can't we all just get along"

Who cares....just another Hero's dad. Any parent that wants to join that $hit$how must be in a really bad situation.
Does anyone know anything about East Coast Select lacrosse club being run out of Finish Line Lacrosse? Is this brand new this year?
Here we go, typical BOTC thread heading down the {insert club name} parents are idiots rabbit hole. As parents, we need to cherish those moments standing on the lacrosse field quietly making fun of the dufus schlepping the family gear in his little red wagon while his wife is yelling at him for forgetting the cheese sticks. Or the dad that still has no idea how to take down a pop up tent, even though he has done it a hundred times. Enjoy those moments as they won't last. As the great taxi cab driver Rodney King so eloquently stated, "can't we all just get along"

This is really funny.
Does anyone know anything about East Coast Select lacrosse club being run out of Finish Line Lacrosse? Is this brand new this year?

Finishline directors are now with API. East Coast Elite might be their new name.

Maybe he was also counting the coaches and helpers on the field. It must have been very crowded on that field.
We are really not impressed. 95 girls is just about the number of girls that make it to the Yellow Jackets teams in each age group after the final cuts.

What is awesome about this statement is.. I am not a Heros dad.

More like wishful thinking on your part.

There was 1 Skywalkers Blue girl and 0 Mnd Black. ALL Mnd players were red.
thanks Bob Mueller now you can go back to your real job finding those pesky Russians!!!
i guess you need to choose from another 95 girls because YJ 2022 still loses to the top teams in MD
Originally Posted by Shonuff
[quote=Anonymous]Reporting live from heros tryouts. 65 girls. Mish mash of talent. Green team won't change.

What is awesome about this statement is.. I am not a Heros dad.

Yet you changed your screen name. Nice try, WOOGA.
i guess you need to choose from another 95 girls because YJ 2022 still loses to the top teams in MD

Please excuse the Heros dad, YJ dad. He doesn't know how to act like an adult.

Yup remember. Free tryouts.

Please excuse the Heros dad, YJ dad. He doesn't know how to act like an adult.

Zeros dads are the worst. Is anyone surprised. How many dads were at the zeros parents tryouts. I think they have a pool on who can be the most obnoxious. Get lives. It's only lacrosse. My god.
Live from the end of Heros tryouts. 75 girls at the most, but Heros dad will tell you 235 checked in.
Live from the end of Heros tryouts. 75 girls at the most, but Heros dad will tell you 235 checked in.

What am I missing? 75 is a good number, no? That's two teams with cuts.
We are really not impressed. 95 girls is just about the number of girls that make it to the Yellow Jackets teams in each age group after the final cuts.

"Cuts" - that's funny. More like placements - fill one team and make another.
Will there be live check-ins from all the other clubs next week...let's hope not
Will there be [quote=Anonymous]Will there be live check-ins from all the other clubs next week...let's hope not

I think it was CNN. Fake news. 95 girls lmao.

What am I missing? 75 is a good number, no? That's two teams with cuts.

75 sounds like what Rebels has, but on two teams.
Will there be live check-ins from all the other clubs next week...let's hope not

Heros dad's tryouts are over. Thankfully.
Heros dads need to watch the Heros moms from drinking too much and hitting on Long Island dads.
Heros dads need to watch the Heros moms from drinking too much and hitting on Long Island dads.

why?? the LI dads don't mind..

No thanks - the M&D moms were hotter.
Heros dads need to watch the Heros moms from drinking too much and hitting each other

Fixed it for you

Heros dads need to watch the Heros moms from drinking too much and hitting each other

Fixed it for you

LOL!
The players wear jerseys that say "heros". Their moms sit on the 50 and are known as"here hoes".
ahhhh haa haa I get jokes
The players wear jerseys that say "heros". Their moms sit on the 50 and are known as"here hoes".

no matter how you feel about Heros this is totally uncalled for. How would like your daughter to read something like this about her mother?

no matter how you feel about Heros this is totally uncalled for. How would like your daughter to read something like this about her mother?

What do you expect from a sausage and meatball smelling, dude with a wife beater t shirt and fake gold chains. Yoos is classless!
Probably the dope who goes around yelling fear the bee,acting tough not realizing that he looks like a d-ck.
Probably the dope who goes around yelling fear the bee,acting tough not realizing that he looks like a d-ck.

You make no sense. Go away.

LOL. An uneducated D_CK! Maybe one of the YJ coaches or managers should do a quick intro and info session at the first team meeting and tell the parents that a yellow jacket is a wasp not a bee.

Lol
I was hoping to see an update from the MD United tryouts yesterday. What's going on? Nobody wants to talk about their numbers?
I was hoping to see an update from the MD United tryouts yesterday. What's going on? Nobody wants to talk about their numbers?

Who cares. You can't get any better than heros. We are very happy there

What do you expect from a sausage and meatball smelling, dude with a wife beater t shirt and fake gold chains. Yoos is classless!

I guess everyone from LI is an Italian Guido. Enjoy your crab dog ma'am

If that's what you think, then you are right where you belong. Good luck.

You do realize you are being trolled. Welcome to the internet fool.

C2 is the best hands down

what's the difference?

"what's the difference?"

Here you go - figure it out:
https://www.lifewire.com/types-of-internet-trolls-3485894

"what's the difference?"

I was right. No difference. Troll, Heros dad, same thing.
"what's the difference?"

That should have been #10.
"what's the difference?"

Heros for life
"what's the difference?"

Heros for life

Anyone know when m&d parent tryouts are. I've really upped my drinking this year. I just love when we leave a garbage can full of empty beer cans at all the kids tournaments we go to. It's so classy.
"what's the difference?"

Heros for life

Anyone know when m&d parent tryouts are. I've really upped my drinking this year. I just love when we leave a garbage can full of empty beer cans at all the kids tournaments we go to. It's so classy.

This would be funny, if you knew what you were talking about. You don't, so the humor is lost. Go grab another straw.

"what's the difference?"

Heros for life

This would be funny, if you knew what you were talking about. You don't, so the humor is lost. Go grab another straw.

Too funny. Not sure if it's beer that they drink or mixed drinks at their cars at a certain tournament in new jersey wink wink. Lol.
"what's the difference?"

Heros for life

Hey M&D dad whats does all this 'grab another straw' stuff mean?
It means... In the words of MC Hammer "U Can'T Touch This" "Wa wa [lacrosse] woo"

That should have been #10.[/quote]
Heros for life[/quote]
Anyone know when m&d parent tryouts are. I've really upped my drinking this year. I just love when we leave a garbage can full of empty beer cans at all the kids tournaments we go to. It's so classy. [/quote]

[/quote]
Hey M&D dad whats does all this 'grab another straw' stuff mean?[/quote]

Really, you need to ask that question? You should be banned from posted on this forum for being really stupid.

Heros for life[/quote]
Anyone know when m&d parent tryouts are. I've really upped my drinking this year. I just love when we leave a garbage can full of empty beer cans at all the kids tournaments we go to. It's so classy. [/quote]

[/quote]

Really, you need to ask that question? You should be banned from posted on this forum for being really stupid. [/quote]
and you should be banned from POSTING in this forum for being a grammatically incompetent idiot.
I love when parents are more immature than their 13yr old daughters. This is funny stuff.

[/quote]

Really, you need to ask that question? You should be banned from posted on this forum for being really stupid. [/quote]
and you should be banned from POSTING in this forum for being a grammatically incompetent idiot.[/quote]

Um, excuse me but shouldn't you start a sentence with a capital letter. Go grab another straw!

[/quote]

and you should be banned from POSTING in this forum for being a grammatically incompetent idiot.[/quote]

Um, excuse me but shouldn't you start a sentence with a capital letter. Go grab another straw![/quote]
You started a sentence with Um. Thank you for proving that you are a true proletariat.
There are changes to the 2022 Heros Green Team.

Added 5 players (2 attack, 2 mid, 1 def), lost 2. 1 add if from M&D Red.

Who cares really?

Who cares really?

I heard they they took no one. Others have heard they took 2, and even others have heard they took 7. Everyone will know when rosters are posted.

WRONG
Skywalkers tryouts went well.

WRONG

Numbers may be right, but positions will be in question. do not need any more midfielders (on midfield) put them on defense/attack maybe?

Bet they didn't have 75 tryout!

WRONG

Numbers may be right, but positions will be in question. do not need any more midfielders (on midfield) put them on defense/attack maybe?

I'm sure less playing time for the players last year will go over well with the parents.

No, not 75 or 92 or 235. It wasn't a free tryout. 69 players. Great turnout. Lots of talent. Future is bright.

WRONG

I'm sure less playing time for the players last year will go over well with the parents.

LMAO. This is club lacrosse - does anything ever go over well with the parents. It's bright and sunny out: "It's too hot the girls are getting burnt." It's rainy: "The girls are going to catch a cold."
"Why does my little suzy only get out there for half the game."
"Why are they keeping her out there for so long - she's totally gassed - she's looking really bad and (name of school here) is watching."

WRONG

That team probably has the strongest/deepest line of midfielders in the country. The addition of 5 players is incorrect.

WRONG

That team probably has the strongest/deepest line of midfielders in the country. The addition of 5 players is incorrect.

keep drinking that green kool aid

WRONG

keep drinking that green kool aid

Lol that's not true. There are a few weak ones, and if you don't know which ones they are you don't know the Heros team.

No, not 75 or 92 or 235. It wasn't a free tryout. 69 players. Great turnout. Lots of talent. Future is bright.

I'm glad the future is bright for Skywalkers, maybe they can actually win a tournament this fall, spring league, summer. Or will we have to hear how they paid for tryouts and still did not win anything.

That team probably has the strongest/deepest line of midfielders in the country.

This is the funniest thing I have read today.

I'm glad the future is bright for Skywalkers, maybe they can actually win a tournament this fall, spring league, summer. Or will we have to hear how they paid for tryouts and still did not win anything.

They may not win a fall tournament or summer tournament but if you bothered to research Skywalkers you would know that winning at the middle school level is not the top priority. Their primary goal is to get the girls ready for the next level, high school and college. If you are interested in only winning then Skywalkers is not for you, but if your daughter is serious about playing in college then check them out. They may be the right club for your daughter. Check this past springs All Metro list. Almost half the 1st team played thier club ball at Skywalkers.

Now in the words of M&D Dad go grab another straw.

They may not win a fall tournament or summer tournament but if you bothered to research Skywalkers you would know that winning at the middle school level is not the top priority. Their primary goal is to get the girls ready for the next level, high school and college. If you are interested in only winning then Skywalkers is not for you, but if your daughter is serious about playing in college then check them out. They may be the right club for your daughter. Check this past springs All Metro list. Almost half the 1st team played thier club ball at Skywalkers.

More like grab another drink. There's some tournaments coming up. You'll find them by their cars getting hammered. It does explain why they're do obnoxious. Grab another straw. Duh

More like grab another drink. There's some tournaments coming up. You'll find them by their cars getting hammered. It does explain why they're do obnoxious. Grab another straw. Duh

You really are a bigger idiot than you get credit for. One day you will understand.

Past results do not guarantee future returns! And the all metro team is biased towards private schools over public schools!

You really are a bigger idiot than you get credit for. One day you will understand.

Sorry I'll never understand drinking at a children's lacrosse tournament. Grab another straw
Are there any decent clubs still having tryouts? It looks like all of them have already either started or are done.
Are there any decent clubs still having tryouts? It looks like all of them have already either started or are done.

Skywalkers, M&D and TLC tryouts this weekend. Only Hero's tryouts are complete.

Not sure. But grab a straw.

Not sure. But grab a straw.

He doesn't need one. Heros tryouts are over.

So many jokes here so little time. Why is Skywalkers included. They said decent!.

So many jokes here so little time. Why is Skywalkers included. They said decent!.

All of you Skywalkers haters will see soon enough. All of you care so much about how wonderful your youth teams are. Skywalkers is focused on what matters, fundamentals and instruction at this stage. High School is what matters in the long run and the club has proved time and time again they are producing some of the top players in the nation. Good luck to all teams this coming season.

How's everyone's straw grabbing going today?

All of you Skywalkers haters will see soon enough. All of you care so much about how wonderful your youth teams are. Skywalkers is focused on what matters, fundamentals and instruction at this stage. High School is what matters in the long run and the club has proved time and time again they are producing some of the top players in the nation. Good luck to all teams this coming season.

One of the fundamental elements of lacrosse is learning/being taught how to properly guard an offensive player without pushing her, tripping her, checking her on the head, etc. It seems that this fundamental skill is being left out at skywalkers practices. Hmmmmm........
skywalkers is a joke. angry director. come on if you can't run then don't yell at girls to run, this includes the assistant director. such a poor environment for learning.
All of you doubting SW, take a look at their 21, 20, 19... teams. They keep improving and getting girls committed to fine schools. Their system of emphasizing stick work and conditioning pays off in the long run. The founder's daughter is doing an amazing job with the program and the younger teams. The tryouts have been overrun with girls from other programs. My daughter played for another good Baltimore program and took a step back with regard to playing time when she moved to SW. We have never looked back.

One of the fundamental elements of lacrosse is learning/being taught how to properly guard an offensive player without pushing her, tripping her, checking her on the head, etc. It seems that this fundamental skill is being left out at skywalkers practices. Hmmmmm........
oh god C2 dad is still whining about about this. Get over it and move on
skywalkers is a joke. angry director. come on if you can't run then don't yell at girls to run, this includes the assistant director. such a poor environment for learning.

Quessing your girl didn't make an SW team

oh god C2 dad is still whining about about this. Get over it and move on

Seems C2 girls are moving on. Lots of them at other club's tryouts, including Skywalkers.
All of you doubting SW, take a look at their 21, 20, 19... teams. They keep improving and getting girls committed to fine schools. Their system of emphasizing stick work and conditioning pays off in the long run. The founder's daughter is doing an amazing job with the program and the younger teams. The tryouts have been overrun with girls from other programs. My daughter played for another good Baltimore program and took a step back with regard to playing time when she moved to SW. We have never looked back.

I couldn't agree with you more. While some of the younger teams might struggle, it is because the organization focuses on team concept tactical offense rather than rely on a "Susie Go To Goal" style offense. Once that is established in the younger years, it pays major dividends once they mature. Too many of the people that post on here are fixated on scores/championships/records, while the college/hs coaches are focused on tactical awareness and mental toughness, which is what SW is all about. Name one other organization at the 2018/2019 level that has the percentage of rosters already committed to D1 schools, and solid ones at that. That will definitely be true for 2020/2021's once their Junior year rolls around.
here's two... M & D and Heros.
Are all tryouts over? Are there any clubs holding supplemental tryouts?
here's two... M & D and Heros.

OK, M & D and Heros have great "A" teams, but how about Heros 2018 White? Oh that's right, they don't have 2 teams at that age group. M & D Red 2018/2019? Garbage!
Are all tryouts over? Are there any clubs holding supplemental tryouts?

Redshirts and c2 has open slots. For exceptional players Most places you can get a private tryout
Does anyone know whats happening with C2 ? Will they field teams this year?

Yes
They will be fielding two 2022 teams.

Is C2 affiliated with C2C?

Is C2 affiliated with C2C?

Hi newb. No, no affiliation.
Tryouts are over for the most part. It will be interesting to see if there has been much change.

Be very cautious about C2

Don't come on here and say that unless you are going to elaborate.

Don't come on here and say that unless you are going to elaborate.

Please elaborate, oh cryptic one.
where did a lot of diamonds go to? C2?
C2
1. No leadership
2. Directors are poor communicators
3. No regular facilities
4. Great girls though, good players and people
where did a lot of diamonds go to? C2?

Who cares. It's Diamonds. Anywhere is better than Diamonds, except for maybe Redshirts.
Bad mojo at TLC right now with daddy ball happening again - 21 red went through a huge coaching debacle last year and now the 22s are feeling the parent coaching wrath.
Bad mojo at TLC right now with daddy ball happening again - 21 red went through a huge coaching debacle last year and now the 22s are feeling the parent coaching wrath.

Well this is a developing story...
Looks like some top C2 girls made moves.

what is happening???
tryouts are over...and the hero's smack talk has finally gone radio silent. thank god!
Looks like some top C2 girls made moves.

To Arizona?
tryouts are over...and the hero's smack talk has finally gone radio silent. thank god!

Don't wake the bear, please.

Please elaborate more

Please elaborate more

22s have more than just a parent coaching issue.

I am completely baffle as to why some people insist on kicking the sleeping troll.

I am completely baffle as to why some people insist on kicking the sleeping troll.

Hypocrite
I'm surprised about all the movement this year now that tryouts are over. Teams were not set as a poster had mentioned about a month ago. Good luck to everyone!
C2 lost their draw mid to M&D. That will be a big hole to fill.
I'm surprised about all the movement this year now that tryouts are over. Teams were not set as a poster had mentioned about a month ago. Good luck to everyone!

Only the delusional or clueless would expect a rising 7th grade team to be set. In fact very few clubs actually "set" or lock their rosters. At least very few clubs advertise that they have closed off their roster. Why would you want to advertise that little fact? You would literally eliminate a revenue stream. How many people do you think would be showing up at the mnd 2022 tryouts if they heard that the mnd black team was set? It's $50 and a dream for these parents.

You are correct Danielson! it is all a money grab.... EVERY CLUB!! We are the sheep going to slaughter for the coveted 20- 25% you get for a scholarship or to wear the clubs swag on the sidelines. I too am guilty, but thee is no other option for competitive lacrosse.
You are correct Danielson! it is all a money grab.... EVERY CLUB!! We are the sheep going to slaughter for the coveted 20- 25% you get for a scholarship or to wear the clubs swag on the sidelines. I too am guilty, but thee is no other option for competitive lacrosse.

So then stfu and enjoy the ride.
Does anyone know of a club looking for 2022 goalie?

M&D has open spots for 2022 goalies. Email both black and red coaches.

Pretty sure TLC still wants a goalie for the red team

Heros White was looking also
I am sure all teams would prefer to carry two goalies per team. Most websites have coaches emails. Shoot them one. My guess would be a supplemental tryout would be granted.

TLC red already has two goalies

They took 2 but looking for upgrade I hear

They took 2 but looking for upgrade I hear

This is a total example of what a moron with internet access is capable of. I guess TLC red only has one goalie now and nobody who has any sense will even think about talking to them since they seem to have such a cavalier attitude about getting rid of players. Listen, you hear that? That's one of your goalies hitting the road.
Great. Thanks for the info.

This is a total example of what a moron with internet access is capable of. I guess TLC red only has one goalie now and nobody who has any sense will even think about talking to them since they seem to have such a cavalier attitude about getting rid of players. Listen, you hear that? That's one of your goalies hitting the road.

With that attitude, I bet TLC is glad you are hitting the road too. You must be the dad who pulled his goalie mid season from another club and landed her at TLC? You should be thanking them for taking you, not bashing them. Good luck fining yet another home. Hope you don't up and leave another team mid season when things aren't going your way. I feel sorry for your daughter great rep you are giving her

With that attitude, I bet TLC is glad you are hitting the road too. You must be the dad who pulled his goalie mid season from another club and landed her at TLC? You should be thanking them for taking you, not bashing them. Good luck fining yet another home. Hope you don't up and leave another team mid season when things aren't going your way. I feel sorry for your daughter great rep you are giving her

Well said!
Skywalkers roster shows they picked up players from CA, MI, and PA. I guess the club's reputation isn't as bad as this forum likes to think.
Skywalkers roster shows they picked up players from CA, MI, and PA. I guess the club's reputation isn't as bad as this forum likes to think.

not uncommon for MD clubs to pick up girls from out of state for the high school years. They will get seen by more college coaches in the tournaments that MD teams play in than if they stayed with the current teams.

I'm sure the girls that live in MD and have now been bumped from the team are thrilled about that.
How does that work - they can't practice with their team ?
i guess Skywalkers is tired of waiting until high school to be good and wanted to compete now. Can't blame them. Tired of not getting to the dance floor!
Parents are going to be thrilled about that, girls not attending practice during the week but getting playing time during the weekend. That's going to be a disaster.
probably play in the summer tourneys only?
That makes it OK then playing only in the summer. In a year or two the summer games are the ones that the college coaches will be attending.
Parents are going to be thrilled about that, girls not attending practice during the week but getting playing time during the weekend. That's going to be a disaster.

they are only playing during the summer when they can stay in md and attend all practices
i guess Skywalkers is tired of waiting until high school to be good and wanted to compete now. Can't blame them. Tired of not getting to the dance floor!

thanks for your input coach

they are only playing during the summer when they can stay in md and attend all practices

That's still taking playing time away from girls who worked hard and attended all practices every week throughout the fall and spring.

That's still taking playing time away from girls who worked hard and attended all practices every week throughout the fall and spring.

This is the Mark Millon Team 91 model on the boys side. He flies in kids from Texas for big games on the weekends during the spring and for summer tournaments. The MD parents hated it. They lost a third of their team when tryouts came around.

Skywalkers is not the only MD club with out of state players. It's common across the board. If its taking playing time from your daughter, tell her to work harder to keep her spot. Embrace the competitive factor it brings.

This is the Mark Millon Team 91 model on the boys side. He flies in kids from Texas for big games on the weekends during the spring and for summer tournaments. The MD parents hated it. They lost a third of their team when tryouts came around.

this is in no way the Mark Millon model. These girls are not flown in for fall or spring games, they will reside in md once they are out of school in the spring and then be able to practice with the team.

IMO, this is not fair to the Maryland players who are/were committed to the team (year round) and attend all practices. Just shows what money can buy you. IMO, there is a lot to be said for team chemistry. Value the players who are committed and have been for years. Some coaches only play to win, while others actually invest in players who are dedicated and value a team player mentality and building chemistry/team bonding. At some point swapping out players every season is to the team's detriment. All things to think about when choosing a club.

IMO, this is not fair to the Maryland players who are/were committed to the team (year round) and attend all practices. Just shows what money can buy you. IMO, there is a lot to be said for team chemistry. Value the players who are committed and have been for years. Some coaches only play to win, while others actually invest in players who are dedicated and value a team player mentality and building chemistry/team bonding. At some point swapping out players every season is to the team's detriment. All things to think about when choosing a club.

Name one team in the 2022 "A" level that has the exact same roster now as it ended with in July. Every year rosters get changed by players leaving and new players making the team. This may force other players to have to go to the club's B team. The out of state girls that were invited to join the club will not be playing until summer. They will need to earn their playing time just like every other player.

BTW every coach plays to win. that doesn't mean they forsake team chemistry or team bonding to do so. If you want fairness go back to rec ball.
We are Family all my out of state players and me. New Skywalkers jingle. They still wont win any tournaments. Oh i forgot they are great in high school they lose on purpose when they are younger.
We are Family all my out of state players and me. New Skywalkers jingle. They still wont win any tournaments. Oh i forgot they are great in high school they lose on purpose when they are younger.

I would explain the Skywalker club philosophy to you but i don't think your Hero's mentality would be able to comprehend it.

I would explain the Skywalker club philosophy to you but i don't think your Hero's mentality would be able to comprehend it.

Ding Ding....Insecure Hero's dad wants to make sure little snowflake doesnt havent to compete with anyone outside of Howard county.
I guess the 2017 fall club bashing season is beginning. Welcome back Heros dad. Thanks for taking the conversation about out of state players to your level.
If Heros dad paid attention and looked beyond his little snowflake - he would notice that there are out of state girls on older heros teams.
If you don't like your club being open to girls from outside your neighborhood - there are plenty of other clubs out there. I bet the flamingos and Bitmore are all local girls - enjoy.

That's too bad that those out of state girls won't have to run the hill at St Paul's in practice after they lose over the weekend!

That's too bad that those out of state girls won't have to run the hill at St Paul's in practice after they lose over the weekend!

They are lucky. Now they have run the hill while carrying sand bags and one of the coaches is chasing them with a cattle prod.
If Heros dad paid attention and looked beyond his little snowflake - he would notice that there are out of state girls on older heros teams.
If you don't like your club being open to girls from outside your neighborhood - there are plenty of other clubs out there. I bet the flamingos and Bitmore are all local girls - enjoy.

Why is this guy so interested in precipitation??
That didnt last long .
That didnt last long .

clicks = money
Cowards all of you.

Cowards all of you.

I'll start..... Hero's will beat M&D Black, TLC Red, M&D Red, & LBC this weekend.

Cowards all of you.

I'll start..... Hero's will beat M&D Black, TLC Red, M&D Red, & LBC this weekend.

I'm glad you're acknowledging that MD United East will beat Heros when they meet on Sunday. Good call.

Cowards all of you.

Since fall season means that much to you, we will let you roll with this statement, win a Playday that means nothing except to your own parents egos. Rah rah!

Welcome back Heros dad/troll.

Cowards all of you.

#cringey

Cowards all of you.

#cringey

Did they go 4-0? I would have expected a ā€œno one can beat usā€ post by now.
What is the point of playing M&D Red? They cannot compete...why are they playing against us?
What is the point of playing M&D Red? They cannot compete...why are they playing against us?

Hereā€™s a thought, maybe itā€™s because their coach wants his players playing better teams so his team can get better. Get off your high horse TLC dad. Where is your anger when you pounce on teams like Coppermine and Bay Area? Are you complaining just because the Red team is a ā€œBā€ team? Can your ego not handle your daughterā€™s team playing a B team? Try to take your wins with grace. Itā€™s fall ball.

Hereā€™s a thought, maybe itā€™s because their coach wants his players playing better teams so his team can get better. Get off your high horse TLC dad. Where is your anger when you pounce on teams like Coppermine and Bay Area? Are you complaining just because the Red team is a ā€œBā€ team? Can your ego not handle your daughterā€™s team playing a B team? Try to take your wins with grace. Itā€™s fall ball.

Ummm, TLC never played M&D Red this entire weekend....
I think that it is interesting. The coach may want his girls to play better competition, but to what detriment? They do not have the stick skills, speed, or IQ to compete. Sure if everything goes perfect for them and a team has a really off day, they may only lose by 2 or 3. They still should be a team playing in the lower bracket.

The girls teams should do what the boys teams do. AA bracket that has M&D Black, Heros Green, Skywalkers, Stars, and TLC Red.

An A bracket that has mid tier to lower tier A teams, and a B bracket that has lesser competition.
So in your world no other team can be at that level other than those mentioned. I hope they enjoyed just playing against each other all year.Sad.
So in your world no other team can be at that level other than those mentioned. I hope they enjoyed just playing against each other all year.Sad.

I'm pretty sure the poster also meant other outside teams at that level than the usual suspects for tournaments. But the Spring league (which we only have 1 more year of) can and should be that way. There are no benefits for the top teams to play low level teams in preparation for summer tournaments, for either team. The lesser teams need to build confidence while better teams need to be challenged to be ready for the Summer.

I'm pretty sure the poster also meant other outside teams at that level than the usual suspects for tournaments. But the Spring league (which we only have 1 more year of) can and should be that way. There are no benefits for the top teams to play low level teams in preparation for summer tournaments, for either team. The lesser teams need to build confidence while better teams need to be challenged to be ready for the Summer.
I think that it is interesting. The coach may want his girls to play better competition, but to what detriment? They do not have the stick skills, speed, or IQ to compete. Sure if everything goes perfect for them and a team has a really off day, they may only lose by 2 or 3. They still should be a team playing in the lower bracket.

The girls teams should do what the boys teams do. AA bracket that has M&D Black, Heros Green, Skywalkers, Stars, and TLC Red.

An A bracket that has mid tier to lower tier A teams, and a B bracket that has lesser competition.

Throw Steps, SJS and Yellow Jackets in there an it's a nice set of games. That's what makes the G8 tournament really nice.

It doesnā€™t matter, MC Elite beat them both, M&D twice this fall. Thereā€™s a new kid on the playground a new team to beat. I personally welcome the competition. Less 20-4 games and more one, two goal games. This class has a ton of talent and will be fun to watch.

It doesnā€™t matter, MC Elite beat them both, M&D twice this fall. Thereā€™s a new kid on the playground a new team to beat. I personally welcome the competition. Less 20-4 games and more one, two goal games. This class has a ton of talent and will be fun to watch.

Isn't it funny that every class think they have a ton of talent? News flash....there are good players and teams at every age. Your age is no better or worse than the rest.

Isn't it funny that every class think they have a ton of talent? News flash....there are good players and teams at every age. Your age is no better or worse than the rest.

Never said there wasnā€™t a ton of talent at other age groups, never said 2022 was better than the rest. This is a 2022 forum. Tool.
Name a few things that you expected and did not expect when your girl (or boy) signed up with a club lacrosse team.
I will start-

I thought that the individual girls would have all of their kinks worked out: there are still girls who struggle to catch and throw etc, including my own girl.

Every team with every club has their own thing. Just because Heroā€™s 2022 are awesome doesnā€™t mean that Heros 2023 will be- but they arešŸ˜‚. Iā€™m not a Heros person! Just an example.

I didnā€™t know that there were still ā€œfriendsā€œ teams at this level. After a few years the amount of ā€œfriendsā€ gets less and less but there still are too many cliques being catered to by the club.

It is obvious that there are too many kids on my daughters team. $$$

This sport being out the worst in parents. Some of these parents are the most pretentious, socially awkward types to hover in kids sports (donā€™t know about squash yet).

Every parent is for himself in this sport. My kid is better than everyone elseā€™s. Iā€™ve had ā€œclose acquaintancesā€ not inform me of open houses, camps, tryouts just because they wanted to keep the pool smaller.

Iā€™m just learning these as I go... I wonder what other curious surprises are out there.
Name a few things that you expected and did not expect when your girl (or boy) signed up with a club lacrosse team.
I will start-

I thought that the individual girls would have all of their kinks worked out: there are still girls who struggle to catch and throw etc, including my own girl.

Every team with every club has their own thing. Just because Heroā€™s 2022 are awesome doesnā€™t mean that Heros 2023 will be- but they arešŸ˜‚. Iā€™m not a Heros person! Just an example.

I didnā€™t know that there were still ā€œfriendsā€œ teams at this level. After a few years the amount of ā€œfriendsā€ gets less and less but there still are too many cliques being catered to by the club.

This sport being out the worst in parents. Some of these parents are the most pretentious, socially awkward types to hover in kids sports (donā€™t know about squash yet).

Every parent is for himself in this sport. My kid is better than everyone elseā€™s. Iā€™ve had ā€œclose acquaintancesā€ not inform me of open houses, camps, tryouts just because they wanted to keep the pool smaller.

Iā€™m just learning these as I go... I wonder what other curious surprises are out there.

Why are you still in club lacrosse?
Think you nailed most/all of the realities of $ravel $ax
Iā€™m not a Heros person! Just an example.....yeah right

If itā€™s that miserable for you and your daughter, why are you involved in club lacrosse?

If itā€™s that miserable for you and your daughter, why are you involved in club lacrosse?

hmmm..to get you fired-up???
Did I sound that miserable?šŸ˜€. Just some observations you donā€™t see until you get there.
We are having a great time playing in a great league and having the opportunity to play great teams. Sound better?
Are you aware of the amount of teams that play in our division? Eight. We played 8 games last spring in NGLL help no Iā€™m not going to fess up with what team we are with. This is Smalltimore for a reason! Have a blessed day!
I will start-

hope your kid is enjoying playing on the club team. You sound miserable.

If you think it's bad now with the underhanded stuff and the selfishness, wait until recruiting starts.
https://www.flosoftball.com/article...o-florida-second-7th-grade-commit...this is where lax was heading.

Good for her. I'm so happy for the girl and her parents.
I don't really see anything wrong with the early commitments.
Just because your daughter is not getting any looks - you should not put others down or begrudge them for their decisions. What's is good for yours may not be good for others. Is this your first kid in this?
[quote=Anonymous]https://www.flosoftball.com/article...o-florida-second-7th-grade-commit...this is where lax was heading.

How about the 12 year old girl soccer player from California that committed to UNC

Just because your daughter is not getting any looks - you should not put others down or begrudge them for their decisions. What's is good for yours may not be good for others. Is this your first kid in this?

i would rather my 8th grade daughter get recruited by several of the top high schools in our area...which she is, than be recruited by a college she may not want to end up attending. its better for 13 and 14 year olds to be able to take the time to visit and learn about the colleges they may like to attend. But that is just my opinion and the IWLCA and NCAA agree with it

i would rather my 8th grade daughter get recruited by several of the top high schools in our area...which she is, than be recruited by a college she may not want to end up attending. its better for 13 and 14 year olds to be able to take the time to visit and learn about the colleges they may like to attend. But that is just my opinion and the IWLCA and NCAA agree with it

No one is recruiting your 8th grader. Get over yourself. Colleges are barely even watching the top 2021 club teams. No one is watching 2022s. There was not a single coach watching 2022 games at the top tournaments this fall. None at Primetime. None at Mid Atlantic.

No one is recruiting your 8th grader. Get over yourself. Colleges are barely even watching the top 2021 club teams. No one is watching 2022s. There was not a single coach watching 2022 games at the top tournaments this fall. None at Primetime. None at Mid Atlantic.

Your reading comprehension is not to good...they said high schools not colleges were recruiting the 8th grader
It's softball, who cares

Your reading comprehension is not to good...they said high schools not colleges were recruiting the 8th grader

It's too, not to. Maybe you clowns went to the same school for your edumacation.
The Loyola tournament begins this weekend. It looks like it will be a great preseason event. Good luck to all of the teams.
But to hold a preseason tournament and tell parents they can not watch?
The Loyola tournament begins this weekend. It looks like it will be a great preseason event. Good luck to all of the teams.

Ahhh..If only every tournament was set up this way. Parents cause all the problems. Let the kids play, let the coaches coach and let the refs ref.

Ahhh..If only every tournament was set up this way. Parents cause all the problems. Let the kids play, let the coaches coach and let the refs ref.

Believe it or not, there are parents who can enjoy their kids playing a game without acting like a horse's a55.

Believe it or not, there are parents who can enjoy their kids playing a game without acting like a horse's a55.

yes there are, but they are becoming fewer and fewer.
Does anyone have any or care to share any experiences with getting money to play
high school ball?
Im talking about just get 25-33% of the price of tuitions and how common it is. For private schools.
Not sure about Lacrosse on LI, but in BB it is done all a lot of privates . City schools do it also
Does anyone have any or care to share any experiences with getting money to play
high school ball?
Im talking about just get 25-33% of the price of tuitions and how common it is. For private schools.

check back on Feb 16th
high school ball?

Our daughter went to a school that was close to $27,000 a year. She received $2,000 per year merit for various reasons. For financial aid, which in our case was a combined parent income of $130,000 (Blue collar-ish), she received $14,000, thus leaving us with $11,000 in actual tuition.
It is primarily need based. I donā€™t know of any independent schools with girls lacrosse boosters.
When are the Spring 2018 NGLL schedules coming out?
When are the Spring 2018 NGLL schedules coming out?

probably around 3/17. games start 3/24
Thanks... but really, so late?
Games on Saturdays and Sundays or just Saturdays? Just asking for all of the other sports/ kids we have to juggle in spring.
Also does Chris Robinson leaving McD have any bearing on the use of McD? Iā€™m sure itā€™s too late to change anything. McD works great for us so donā€™t want to change but we are not fans of traveling to Ellicott City for games because of
The Westside of BeltwayšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ
Games on Saturdays and Sundays or just Saturdays? Just asking for all of the other sports/ kids we have to juggle in spring.
Also does Chris Robinson leaving McD have any bearing on the use of McD? Iā€™m sure itā€™s too late to change anything. McD works great for us so donā€™t want to change but we are not fans of traveling to Ellicott City for games because of

go to Tourney Machine to get the schedule and fields

go to Tourney Machine to get the schedule and fields

M&Dā€™s spring practice schedule has teams at McDonogh. He is still has use of the fields for his club and RS tournaments.
Scores from yesterday?
Heros hurrah
Heros hurrah

The bear has been poked.
Heros hurrah

The bear has been poked.

oh dear god, not another spring/summer of heros mom/dad telling us how great their little suzy sunshine and her teammates are
Hero's got taken behind the woodshed on Sunday. is Tourney Machine correct? Mighty Hero's losing 14-2.
Hero's got taken behind the woodshed on Sunday. is Tourney Machine correct? Mighty Hero's losing 14-2.

Heroes missing players? Was there goalie there?

thier

Here come the excuses..........

What happened to MD East this year? They seemed to be more competitive last year against the big dogs.

thier

Or their...

What happened to MD East this year? They seemed to be more competitive last year against the big dogs.

MDU is still very talented, but girls need to learn how to play as a team. Too many individual performers, but they'll get it.
Can those whose daughters participated in the Under Armour tryouts the past two days provide any feedback pos or neg?
all about name recognition, which club you play for, which high school you go too, and who you know in the lax world.
all about name recognition, which club you play for, which high school you go too, and who you know in the lax world.

try reading the tryout portion on the website...it will prove you wrong

Agreed, 100%

Interesting take considering the teams aren't chosen yet. What are you basing this on? The fact that your daughter wasn't one of the 45 chosen for the callback game tomorrow?

It's going to be tough for 22's to make the team this year. There are a lot of very talented 2021 players in the area that spent the spring playing varsity lacrosse in the IAAM and for other good public schools. They will always keep 2-3 8th graders. Otherwise 8th grade parents would stop paying the $140 tryout fee that subsidizes the 22 girls that make the team and enable them to play for free.
How many girls do you think will be from the top 3 clubs: Heros, Skywalkers and M&D5eR7PE
How many girls do you think will be from the top 3 clubs: Heros, Skywalkers and M&D5eR7PE

Well considering SW and M&D 2021 teams are the top two 2021 teams in the country I would assume a lot of them. The coaches are from Bryn Mawr, NDP and Glenelg Country. So they will keep their girls and fill in with others. The Baltimore girls limit it to 3 girls per school which is bad news for 8th graders from those 3 schools.

Interesting take considering the teams aren't chosen yet. What are you basing this on? The fact that your daughter wasn't one of the 45 chosen for the callback game tomorrow?

It's going to be tough for 22's to make the team this year. There are a lot of very talented 2021 players in the area that spent the spring playing varsity lacrosse in the IAAM and for other good public schools. They will always keep 2-3 8th graders. Otherwise 8th grade parents would stop paying the $140 tryout fee that subsidizes the 22 girls that make the team and enable them to play for free.

A lot of those 21ā€™s didnā€™t get called back last night. A lot of ā€˜22ā€™s did.

A lot of those 21ā€™s didnā€™t get called back last night. A lot of ā€˜22ā€™s did.

I was talking about the Baltimore tryout. You're right. Terry Edmondson went down to DC and got some 22's called back that had been cut in Baltimore. Pretty laughable in that some of the 21's that weren't called back start on top Varsity programs. Not expecting good things from the DC team at the games.

I was talking about the Baltimore tryout. You're right. Terry went down to DC and got some 22's called back that had been cut in Baltimore. Pretty laughable in that some of the 21's that weren't called back start on top Varsity programs. Not expecting good things from the DC team at the games.

if he was involved in the process then it is laughable... it was probably all M&D girls that got call backs
https://events.r2it.com/lacrosse/UnderArmour/Roster/Division/Underclass
Terry is a complete _ that always weasels his way on to the sidelines at events to place his daughter in key rolls.... laughable is right donā€™t know how he keep getting away with it. Heard heā€™s already working the angles to get a assistant job at Mcdonogh next year.
Terry is a complete _ that always weasels his way on to the sidelines at events to place his daughter in key rolls.... laughable is right donā€™t know how he keep getting away with it. Heard heā€™s already working the angles to get a assistant job at Mcdonogh next year.

Could you be any more of an _? The girlā€™s talent speaks for itself. He doesnā€™t need to weasel or work angles. Which is it, did your daughter get cut from M&D, did she not make a callback list, did your Suzy not get accepted to McDonogh? Good Lord, go away.

Could you be any more of an _ ? The girlā€™s talent speaks for itself. He doesnā€™t need to weasel or work angles. Which is it, did your daughter get cut from M&D, did she not make a callback list, did your Suzy not get accepted to McDonogh? Good Lord, go away.

poster may be an _...but he/she is right
Is absolutely right... There are many more talented that didn't get called back and no it wasn't my daughter.
Terry Edmondson is a complete hammerhead bag that always weasels his way on to the sidelines at events to place his daughter in key rolls.... laughable is right donā€™t know how he keep getting away with it. Heard heā€™s already working the angles to get a assistant job at Mcdonogh next year.

why is he part the Girls Highlight coaching staff?
Very close games for m&D 22 black this weekend against YJ, Top guns and C2. Were they missing kids. Cory playing attack instead of Mid, something new?
Very close games for m&D 22 black this weekend against YJ, Top guns and C2. Were they missing kids. Cory playing attack instead of Mid, something new?

Injuries and players missing. Case closed. Go try to start your drama elsewhere.

Injuries and players missing. Case closed. Go try to start your drama elsewhere.

And Kori wasn't playing attack this weekend.

And Kori wasn't playing attack this weekend.

m&d moms/dads will not stand for you questioning their team, do you not understand this

m&d moms/dads will not stand for you questioning their team, do you not understand this

You are slacking in the originality department. Keep trying though.
I don't think its M&D parents not wanting their team questioned ..... maybe they don't want 14 year old girls called out by name on an internet forum. And I don't blame them.

What is wrong with lacrosse parents ??????
I don't think its M&D parents not wanting their team questioned ..... maybe they don't want 14 year old girls called out by name on an internet forum. And I don't blame them.

What is wrong with lacrosse parents ??????

Not all lacrosse parents, just certain ones. Donā€™t bunch the good ones with the crazies.
See what happens when you [ChillLaxin] parents call out coaches and players by names?
Itā€™s sad when 14 year olds are more mature than their parents.
Great games at g8 this weekend. I am not sure 2022ā€™s should have been a part of this showcase though with the recruiting changes but it was nice to watch highly competitive games for a change.
Great games at g8 this weekend. I am not sure 2022ā€™s should have been a part of this showcase though with the recruiting changes but it was nice to watch highly competitive games for a change.

M&D lost to a team that went 1-4 and tied Heroes and heroes wasnā€™t able to pull out a win over Skywalkers, M&D or yellowjackets. What is happening?

M&D lost to a team that went 1-4 and tied Heroes and heroes wasnā€™t able to pull out a win over Skywalkers, M&D or yellowjackets. What is happening?

This must be your first rodeo. These teams all end up about the same come high school age. Also, the showcase format evens the playing field as all the teams have pretty similar overall talent. Teams dominate at younger years with one or do dominant players. As the girls get older they play better team defense. Also with the showcases, everyone has to play half the game so those dominant girls aren't on the field as much
If you notice in college not all the D1 studs are from Yellow Jackets and M & D. It helps weaker players around the better players .
At this age, what coaches do a really good job teaching defense? A lot spend time on offense. Looking for positive recommendations here.
Anyone expecting any team jumping this tryout season?
With M&D and Heros playing their second teams in lower level A brackets does this change much?
Anyone expecting any team jumping this tryout season?
With M&D and Heros playing their second teams in lower level A brackets does this change much?

I would expect most top level clubs to remain somewhat the same. I would think these teams are for the most part set going into high school, maybe a new player here and there, but the core of these teams staying in tact. Some could use help on offense, some could use help on defense, some could use help on both sides of the field. Enough to change team dynamics at this age? I guess it will depend on the want to win versus the want to develop the player. You canā€™t win them all and a lot of learning comes from losses. Either way, it will be a fun year to watch this age group. Good luck to all them in high school.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum