@BackOfTheCAGE
Posted By: B_O_T_C Girls 2024 -
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Girls 2024 -
What are the top player development 2024 teams. My daughter plays for M and D but the coaching is just ok. We've also tried out for Skywalkers which was a positive experience and will try out for TLC this week. Thanks. More concerned about player development than winning.
How were the numbers at Skywalkers? How was the talent level?
Best 2024 team (wins and losses) and player development is HoCo. 2025 and 2023 teams are also really good at player development.
HoCo ok. How about Hero's they seem like a good program.
Good numbers. High talent level. Positive coaches. Better tryout experience than M & D.
I've heard that Heros 2024 has a major daddyball problem that might lead to defections.
My daughter plays for C2 2024. Excellent player development. Caring consistent coaches. Was very competitive last year against the "big teams". And most of all made it fun for these young girls learning to play this great sports.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Best 2024 team (wins and losses) and player development is HoCo. 2025 and 2023 teams are also really good at player development.

This is funny. In what parallel universe is HoCo the best team at any age? Maybe if you choose not to play the actual best teams.
Beach Lax champs and Laxin Out Loud Champs. Who did they not play? Facts please...
Beach Lax champs and Laxin Out Loud Champs. Who did they not play? Facts please...

If you really think that HOCO has any chance to continue their success I don't know what to tell you.
There were multiple champs per age division. C2 also won 2024.
Wonder if we can get a separate topic for each club? similar to the boys with Crabs/Looneys etc
Earn it. You haven't even filled one page yet.

Okay - you're saying HoCo clubs development is good - where's the evidence? Don't tell me about tournaments wins and losses - that's not what we're discussing. I want to know about the bottom line or in other words the elephant in the room. The reason why parents shell out the money and give up most of their summers for their girls to play club lacrosse. I'm sure people want to know about the rate of return that they would get from handing over the $1,500 or so to HoCo club. What's their recruiting support like? What sort of networks do they have regarding college coaches? Which schools are grabbing up HoCo club girls?
I've heard that Heros 2024 has a major daddyball problem that might lead to defections.

Heros 2024? Them too, I've heard that about other Heros middle school teams. Is that the norm with Heros now?

Okay - you're saying HoCo clubs development is good - where's the evidence? Don't tell me about tournaments wins and losses - that's not what we're discussing. I want to know about the bottom line or in other words the elephant in the room. The reason why parents shell out the money and give up most of their summers for their girls to play club lacrosse. I'm sure people want to know about the rate of return that they would get from handing over the $1,500 or so to HoCo club. What's their recruiting support like? What sort of networks do they have regarding college coaches? Which schools are grabbing up HoCo club girls?
I think it is a good starter club for those on a budget. It really depends on the Coach assigned to your age group and their actual involvement. I found Cobra to be disappointing esp with parent coaches, favoritism, and good old howard county politics.

I think it is a good starter club for those on a budget. It really depends on the Coach assigned to your age group and their actual involvement. I found Cobra to be disappointing esp with parent coaches, favoritism, and good old howard county politics.

Cobra is not what it used to be - since they are not really winning - people have become less tolerant of the accompanying BS.
M&D 2024 looked dominate this weekend at Fall fest in Hagerstown. Hero's battled in the playoffs winning against a scrappy M&D 2024. Wonder if Hero's will be able to close the gap.

They lost to 2024 (2x) and won a close one against M&D 2025
M&D 2024 looked dominate this weekend at Fall fest in Hagerstown. Hero's battled in the playoffs winning against a scrappy M&D 2024. Wonder if Hero's will be able to close the gap.

Oh yeah. 2-2 in pool play is dominant? Losing by 10 to M&D 2024 black in pool play? I like that "silver lining" mentality.
Wow.....a lot of trash talk for a 2024 level. Let's have this conversation when those kids can all catch and throw.
M&D 2024 was dominate going 4-0. Who said Hero's was dominate, just asked if they would be able to close the gap?

Why is M&D 2025 playing up? they had teams in the other bracket that were 2025? Is it for the competition? Watched them (2025 team) play a couple games, seem like they are going to be really good vs other 2025 teams.
It's 2024. Wow you guys are sad. Get lives and let the girls have fun. Grown men following 10 year olds is pathetic.
Why are you reading the Girls 2024? you must be the sad one.
You realize you are talking about 5th grade girls, right? Get a life.
M&D 2024 is incredible!, Simply dominated each team they played this weekend. Would have been nice to play a 2024 in the title game, but played a Heros 2025 team in the finals.
M&D 2024 is incredible!, Simply dominated each team they played this weekend. Would have been nice to play a 2024 in the title game, but played a Heros 2025 team in the finals.

You and the Hero's 2025 dad must be friends.
2025 teams play up because there are not enough teams to have a separate 2025 division. Yes they will get beat up but it will make them stronger the following year.
These "fathers" who "scout" 4th and 5th graders are gross. They should be banned. It's unacceptable. Especially the giant fat man. I don't want him watching my daughter. Administrators need to step in from NGLL.
Ummmm.....its a free country
Ouch, that's harsh and uncalled for
Redshirts beat NEMS, Hero's beat M&D in the semis
Redshirts quietly wins the 2024 Championships
Unfortunately for redshirts, their top players will go to mnd, heros or skywalkers next year.
Redshirts beat NEMS, Hero's beat M&D in the semis
Redshirts quietly wins the 2024 Championships

That's because it's the one team the Kennedy's let someone else coach. That will end soon enough and that team will be done just like the 20s, 21s, 22s, and 23s before them. Why people still pay those guys the crazy amount of money they charge is beyond me. Snake Oil Salesman
What happened with MND 24? Did they play poorly or run into a hot goalie?
Fat dad probably ate a couple of the M & D players. He's creepy be careful.
Seriously, are we back in 2nd grade. Do you have nothing better to do as an adult then to call people fat ?@?@

Heros is ourplayed M&D from the second that game started. M&D started coming back but hero's ran out the clock. It was a well played game
Seriously, are we back in 2nd grade. Do you have nothing better to do as an adult then to call people fat ?@?@

Heros is ourplayed M&D from the second that game started. M&D started coming back but hero's ran out the clock. It was a well played game

Yet again Heros parents prove that very few of them finished high school.
Both semi final games and the championship games were good games. I didn't see any parents from Hero's acting crazy and I was a spectator at all 3 of those games
The fat man speaketh. Mm yum mm yum
Again with the calling people fat.
Grow up
Whats the status of C2 and Redshirts?
Heard c2 only keeps 2022 black, try another team if possible. Well redshirts is not quite same level as the top.
Whats the status of C2 and Redshirts?

I hope you're wrong about C2
C2 having tryouts for all years
You are a jerk.B
[quote=Anonymous]You are a jerk.B[/quote

I'm confused
What in the world is going on in the 24's ??

Is it true everyone is going to M&D ?

I heard that some Redshirts 2024's are moving out to other teams. Curious what effect you guys think this will have on the overall make-up of the NGLL...
What in the world is going on in the 24's ??

Is it true everyone is going to M&D ?

How many spots are open on a team that lost once this year?
There's plenty of spots on a team that lost once cause they lost once by playing the same 10 girls all of the time.kk
Only a few girls play so there spots
The NGLL will be missing 2 strong teams next year. It's too bad
What 2 teams?
Redshirts and ?
C2 won't have a team either. Contrary to what their owners think. After the season they had this year Those girls are gone.
C2 won't have a team either. Contrary to what their owners think. After the season they had this year Those girls are gone.

The C2 haters need to get over it. C2 isn't going anywhere.
That M&D 2024 Black is going to be unreal!! They went like 100-1. Now they are getting 4 or 5 of Redshirts best players. What in the world.
That M&D 2024 Black is going to be unreal!! They went like 100-1. Now they are getting 4 or 5 of Redshirts best players. What in the world.

And probably 4 or 5 of C2's best players. I feel sorry for the bottom half of last year's roster.
Do you think those redshirts girls will get playing time on an already full team?

The C2 haters need to get over it. C2 isn't going anywhere.
[/quote]

I'm not a c2 hater but they will not field a 24 team. Those girls already know where they're going next year.

The c2 owners keep trying to promise things to parents but after this past season it is too late.
Do you think those redshirts girls will get playing time on an already full team?

I think redshirts and C2 girls will get playing time cause the ones who will probably move will bump some of M&D's weaker bottom roster players. They will add a lot of depth to that team. The M&D team may have rolled this year but the competition will get stronger as they age.

That is a top heavy team and some redshirts/C2 girls will help tremendously. I feel for the bottom half of the M&D team cause there's a lot of strong players coming.

And that's just c2 & redshirts. I imagine some hero's, skywalkers, and girls from other teams will try out too.

Should be interesting
What did C2 promise to their players?
Hopefully a C2 parent can say what they were promised.

This year they were coach-less for half the season. And when they had a coach it was a young girl who didn't always show.

They were also told the 24 team would merge with another club's 24s and make 2 teams ( a and b) Also not true

It would be awesome if they can still have a 24 team. We need more good teams in the NGLL - not less. I just don't see girls coming to tryouts like what happened with the 25s last summer
Several things amaze me about these posts:

1. Lack of substance and I am sure accuracy - this seems like a great place to start/spread rumors.
2. Over-emphasized importance of 11 year old girls club lacrosse - parents are CRAZY in what they think this means for them (i mean their daughters)
3. Literally no shame - I wonder if many of these people are psychotically passionate about their job and destroying the other companies in which they compete with.
4. GET A LIFE!!!
I agree, agree, agree !!!!!

Just don't go to the clubs you feel compelled to talk about. Problem solved.

But keep your mouth shut and stop bad mouthing someone's business.
I'm not over emphasizing 11 year old lacrosse. But, when I fork over $2,000 to a business I want what I was promised.

Redshirts 24 coach officially listed on MND website as an assistant coach! Wonder how many girls he's bring over?
Redshirts 24 coach officially listed on MND website as an assistant coach! Wonder how many girls he's bring over?

Just the good ones. Another Redshirts team bites the dust. So sad that people continuously get ripped off by the Kennedys. When will people learn?
What will the Redshirts impact have on the surrounding clubs? Is Hoco getting stronger?...sure are and they have very good coaching paying off..Will Heros & Skywalkers best players potentially leave to join Redshirts best players for a developing M&D team (McD future team)? Many club teams need to take a hard look at what they have, who's potentially coming out for tryouts and up their game when it comes to coaching or things are going to spiral out of control rather quickly. Middle school years are huge folks.....be good consumers and put your daughters in the best situation possible. The lacrosse club scene is evolving so hold on.
My understanding is the redshirt coach is leaving for family reasons - not because he had a bad experience.

The parents I know from that team have not had any bad experiences
My understanding is the redshirt coach is leaving for family reasons - not because he had a bad experience.

The parents of the 2019, 2021 and the original 2022 team had good experiences for a bit too. Things change as they get a little older.
Relax and lets your girls grow and have fun. Its elementary school for goodness sake. Cant we discuss ways to improve, training techniques, lessons etc

Such a good example of social psychology though 🤣
Saw this on the 2022 forum page in response to donations adding about stacking all the club tryouts on the same week...
"Were you at the Rebels tryouts last weekend? They were not "stacked". I think the clubs would not all try to get their tryouts in if the parents stopped trying to "hedge" their bets and attend multiple tryouts. If you are as honestly confident about your kid's ability then it would really be simple enough to pick one club and hope for the best. But, if you want to go and spend the $200 plus trying out for as many as you can - have at it. Besides, the club directors and coaches all know who is attending which tryouts. Those parents that you see at the various tryouts are dropping the dime on you in order to secure a spot on M&D black for their kid."

What are your thoughts about attending multiple tryouts? I didn't grow up around lacrosse and came from a house of football players, so this is all new territory for my wife and i. We thought attending multiple tryouts only made sense, since there is no guarantee our daughter will make a certain team. Isn't that what we should do?

Doesn't hurt when the older child already plays at M&D
Saw this on the 2022 forum page in response to donations adding about stacking all the club tryouts on the same week...
"Were you at the Rebels tryouts last weekend? They were not "stacked". I think the clubs would not all try to get their tryouts in if the parents stopped trying to "hedge" their bets and attend multiple tryouts. If you are as honestly confident about your kid's ability then it would really be simple enough to pick one club and hope for the best. But, if you want to go and spend the $200 plus trying out for as many as you can - have at it. Besides, the club directors and coaches all know who is attending which tryouts. Those parents that you see at the various tryouts are dropping the dime on you in order to secure a spot on M&D black for their kid."

What are your thoughts about attending multiple tryouts? I didn't grow up around lacrosse and came from a house of football players, so this is all new territory for my wife and i. We thought attending multiple tryouts only made sense, since there is no guarantee our daughter will make a certain team. Isn't that what we should do?

Where I choose to spend my money is my business. And where I so choose to take my daughter for tryouts is also my business. If it gives parents a little more "leverage" with the clubs as far as accepting spots on a team - then that's good. As a consumer - it's my choice. Offer me a product that I want to buy into and I will write the check. This is not a birthday party we are planning at 'Skyzone' or whatever - this is an investment in our daughter's future.
God will you just go away. The girls that are there now are not having a bad experience at redshirts. Were not talking about when 2019s and 2020s eere in 5th grade. That was 4-5-6 years ago.

Go troll somewhere else
I don't understand why someone would say that about tryouts. Why would you not attend multiple tryouts. Supposed you tryout for one team and not multiple tryouts and your daughter doesn't make that one team. You're screwed unless you actually want to call up a team and say "hey I tried for M&D but didn't make it - you were an afterthought - but since I didn't make it can I now come to your team. That's preposturous. People on that 22 board are nuts.

Go to as many tryouts as you see fit. Especially since you're going to spend $1,800 - $2,300 depending on where you land
I would have to agree. From the families I know on that team, they are considering a move because they love the coach who is going elsewhere to have his kids playing for the same club not spread out. Not problems with the organization. Jeff Peek had done a great job with those girls.
I would have to agree. From the families I know on that team, they are considering a move because they love the coach who is going elsewhere to have his kids playing for the same club not spread out. Not problems with the organization. Jeff Peek had done a great job with those girls.

I agree. The future is bright for 24 Black with him at the helm.

I agree. The future is bright for 24 Black with him at the helm.

Redshirts does do a good job developing girls with their softhands training. Maybe that's why the bigger clubs like to go after the redshirts girls. This way they don't have to worry about developing them. I don't see a problem with starting with one club then moving on to bigger things.

The teams that the kennedy's didn't coach were never the problem. With Jeff gone it's just one more team they will be coaching
Looks like he is coaching the 23 Black team now! Current coach got demoted to assistant!
Why in the world would he do that? That 24 team will be awesome. The 23 team is average at best
That is a unique view of "average at best". Winning 2 of 4 tournaments and 7-1 in spring league is hardly average. It's a really good team. Assuming a coach simply wants to coach the best team is also not exactly logical either.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum