@BackOfTheCAGE
Posted By: TLaxOne Boys 2021 -
It seems appropriate to break down the discussion by age/graduation year like the LI forum since many discussions get really confusing.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2021 -
Green Turtle 1
Koopers 2
Bethesda 3
Crabs or Hawks 4
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Green Turtle 1
Koopers 2
Bethesda 3
Crabs or Hawks 4

It will be great to see HoCo's combined league. You really think Bethesda 2021 is jumping Crabs & Hawks? Bethesda 2021 lost to Hawks 2022 in the indoor league this year.

Here are the standings at the end of the year for 2015.

2021 NPYLL
Crabs
Annapolis Hawks
Bethesda
Club Blue
Breakers
Next Level

2021 HoCo
Greene Turtle
Kooper's
Bitmore
FCA
Diamondbacks
Lax Factory
Looney's
Rock
Rough Riders
3D Select
Looney's
Hawks then beat Crabs over the summer and didnt lose to Turtle at any tournaments last year
Bethesda went 0 for against Hawks
Hawks is best 2021 right now.
What happened at Homewood Havoc. I saw Team Carolina & The Dukes both went 3-0. How'd they do against Madlax, Rock, and Hawks?
Hawks went 3-0 ..... was hoping to play Team Carolina, Sweetlax and Dukes but we did not. Madlax was not there

Rock
Dukes
Hawks
Carolina
Orange Crush
Twist
Sweetlax
Team Turnpike
Hawks went 3-0 ..... was hoping to play Team Carolina, Sweetlax and Dukes but we did not. Madlax was not there

Rock
Dukes
Hawks
Carolina
Orange Crush
Twist
Sweetlax
Team Turnpike

So three teams went 3-0 and did not play each other. Sounds like the tournament was not set up very well. The information I saw said it was set up by Passport Alliance and National 175, but neither has anything on their websites or social media about the event. What's the deal with those guys?
TC won 10-4 over Orange Crush, 11-1 over Team Turnpike, NJ and a 9-2 over Sweetlax

What were other scores? How did Rock do?
Hawks 15 v Twist 0
Hawks 10 v Orange Crush 3
Hawks 12 v Team Turnpike 1

Watched Dukes play they look legit., Didn't see any other teams play.
TC won 10-4 over Orange Crush, 11-1 over Team Turnpike, NJ and a 9-2 over Sweetlax

What were other scores? How did Rock do?

Watched Rock play Twist and Team Turnpike - those two games were even match ups. Rock was smoked by Dukes, not even close to competitve
Thats what you get from the Dukes. Their falling apart so they control the schedule. everyone knew that Hawks and Team Carolina were top teams. Dukes wanted no parts of them. They just want to push out that they went 3-0. Big deal. play someone. They did the same thing with their 2022. Thats all you saw all winter. Dukes National 2022 win this win that. Our 2023 Bandits beat the snot out of them 17-4.Change your name to dukey

Rock
Dukes
Hawks
Carolina
Orange Crush
Twist
Sweetlax
Team Turnpike

So three teams went 3-0 and did not play each other. Sounds like the tournament was not set up very well. The information I saw said it was set up by Passport Alliance and National 175, but neither has anything on their websites or social media about the event. What's the deal with those guys?
Thats what you get from the Dukes. Their falling apart so they control the schedule. everyone knew that Hawks and Team Carolina were top teams. Dukes wanted no parts of them. They just want to push out that they went 3-0. Big deal. play someone. They did the same thing with their 2022. Thats all you saw all winter. Dukes National 2022 win this win that. Our 2023 Bandits beat the snot out of them 17-4.Change your name to dukey

Rock
Dukes
Hawks
Carolina
Orange Crush
Twist
Sweetlax
Team Turnpike

Im not aware of Dukes falling apart. What I saw on the field was a well coached, talented 2021 group of kids. Politics was not part of Homewood Havoc as far as I'm concerned
Team Carolina 2021 played Bethesda 2021 on Sunday at Landon school. Won 9-6. Would like to have seen them play Hawks and Dukes.

Rock
Dukes
Hawks
Carolina
Orange Crush
Twist
Sweetlax
Team Turnpike

Im not aware of Dukes falling apart. What I saw on the field was a well coached, talented 2021 group of kids. Politics was not part of Homewood Havoc as far as I'm concerned

How can the team be falling apart? The Dukes just started a 2021 team last year-didn't they? If anything, it's surprising they are so competitive already.
Agreed. IF they really just put that team together that's impressive. Now. I didn't see them play any of the top teams (Hawks etc.) so I would reserve comment. Although the little bit I saw they had some nice players.

Its early so we will see.
Look out for Bitmore 2021. Picked up a lot of good players and making great strides.... Probably the biggest and scariest defense around
Watch out for Bitmore 2021. Mundorf is putting together something special and made a lot of roster changes. Their Defense is scarey big and good
Look out for Bitmore 2021. Picked up a lot of good players and making great strides.... Probably the biggest and scariest defense around

Ok Bitmore dad. Good luck with that.
Watch out for Bitmore 2021. Mundorf is putting together something special and made a lot of roster changes. Their Defense is scarey big and good

And notorious for having kids who aren't true 20201s!

Never heard of this team
Is Bitmore new?
Is Bitmore new?

No, they finished 4th in HoCo last year. This year will be tougher with all the Npyll clubs coming over. Finishing 4th again this year will be an accomplishment unless they really overhauled their lineup. I heard they grabbed some kids from Roughriders which I don't think will be enough to put them over the top.
Yes, picked up a few from RR (one is a holdback) and plays midfield and another holdback attackman. The others play defense.
Mundorf probably gives most of his 2021 players free club dues and charges the dope parents of their other teams all that money and they are terrible
Watch out for Bitmore in the A division because they are not in AA.
Watch out for FCA 2021 this year as well. Great Defense
Rough Riders 2021 will probably be one of the biggest suprises
I heard that Green Turtle and Koopers did not get any better this year, and most teams that they beat last year will give them a run this year...It happens with youth sports. Some teams peak at a certain time while other teams continue to get better
I heard that Green Turtle and Koopers did not get any better this year, and most teams that they beat last year will give them a run this year...It happens with youth sports. Some teams peak at a certain time while other teams continue to get better

I thought Green Turtle folded
Watch out for Bitmore in the A division because they are not in AA.

HOCO elite division

Green Turtle
Bitmore
Koopers
Crabs
Looneys
FCA
ClubBlue
Madlax
Bethesda
Hawks
Hawks 2021 probably best in the division
Yes, picked up a few from RR (one is a holdback) and plays midfield and another holdback attackman. The others play defense.

Why did they leave Rough Riders?

I thought Green Turtle folded

It was but then Steve Vaikness who is assistant coach at Loyola U took it over. Mixed bag (like most clubs) in terms of how competitive teams are but 2021 very good
Hawks 2021 probably best in the division

Bitmore scrimmaged Hawks in the fall...7-4 Hawks. Bitmore was missing 3 of their best players
Don't make the mistake of judging teams fall ball!!

Just saying.
Bitmore B team at best.
Bitmore B team at best.

More like a C+ team.
Who cares? All of this posturing before the season even begins. Lets see where everyone sits come end of April/early May when teams have some games under their belt. If history shows, I bet some of the AA teams could beat some of the "Elite" teams. Any given day and oh, let's not forget that they are 7th graders...
7th grade/8th grade kids. In the grand scheme of life, it doesnt matter what these kids do or who they play for in youth lacrosse. Most of these kids skill sets are what they are, some will work hard to get better, some will get by on talent alone. All that matters is they get better and have some fun.
7th grade/8th grade kids. In the grand scheme of life, it doesnt matter what these kids do or who they play for in youth lacrosse. Most of these kids skill sets are what they are, some will work hard to get better, some will get by on talent alone. All that matters is they get better and have some fun.

Hopefully you are joking..I have held my kid back twice, working three jobs to send him to private school, spent thousands upon thousands on private lessons and more on club fees...It better get me a D1 coach knocking at my door soon! Fun is near the bottom of MY list!
Madlax will be the 2021 champs this spring. Book it.
Question. What happened to the Madlax 2021 team that played NYPLL a couple years ago then disappeared for the last several years? Now they appear all the sudden again.

Before anyone has a nasty response I think the 2021's were a very skilled team and I welcome the competition back I just find it odd.
Question. What happened to the Madlax 2021 team that played NYPLL a couple years ago then disappeared for the last several years? Now they appear all the sudden again.

Before anyone has a nasty response I think the 2021's were a very skilled team and I welcome the competition back I just find it odd.

Well they where not 2021 several years ago they where part of a U11 group of two grades, or U9 group. And Madlax has turnover more then the other clubs. Because they have 3 tryouts a year to add kids. They have lots of turnover for sure but that can be a good thing as long as the better kids keep coming. And they do not fall in love with another club before they come to a Madlax tryout.
Two years ago, NVYLL was age-based and had U9, U11, and U13 age groups. At that point, a lot of clubs had already gone to single year teams denoted by grade -- for those clubs, the 2021 teams played in U11AA and the 2022 teams played in U11A. Madlax, however, had not yet gone to single year teams. The Spring/Summer 2014 Madlax U11AA team -- which is the team you are thinking of -- had both 2021 and 2022 players on the team.

Last spring, when NVYLL moved to single year, grade-based age groups, Madlax did not yet move to single-year teams. The 2021s from that U11AA team "played up" in the 2020 division on combination Madlax 2020/2021 teams (some in AA, some in A). The 2022s from that U11AA team played in the 2022 division on a combination Madlax 2022/23 team. Madlax did not enter any teams in the 2021 or 2023 divisions because it was using combined age groups.

Now Madlax has moved to single year teams. So, the 2021s from that old U11AA team are playing in the 2021 division, and the 2022s from that old U11AA team are playing in the 2022 division.
Two years ago, NVYLL was age-based and had U9, U11, and U13 age groups. At that point, a lot of clubs had already gone to single year teams denoted by grade -- for those clubs, the 2021 teams played in U11AA and the 2022 teams played in U11A. Madlax, however, had not yet gone to single year teams. The Spring/Summer 2014 Madlax U11AA team -- which is the team you are thinking of -- had both 2021 and 2022 players on the team.

Last spring, when NVYLL moved to single year, grade-based age groups, Madlax did not yet move to single-year teams. The 2021s from that U11AA team "played up" in the 2020 division on combination Madlax 2020/2021 teams (some in AA, some in A). The 2022s from that U11AA team played in the 2022 division on a combination Madlax 2022/23 team. Madlax did not enter any teams in the 2021 or 2023 divisions because it was using combined age groups.

Now Madlax has moved to single year teams. So, the 2021s from that old U11AA team are playing in the 2021 division, and the 2022s from that old U11AA team are playing in the 2022 division.

What are you talking about? The NVYLL has NEVER had "single year, grade-based age groups". The NVYLL has always been two-year, AGE based divisions. Only the girls side has been grade based.

What has happened to Madlax? Their 2020 and 2021 teams are terrible.
That was a mistake, meant to say NPYLL, not NVYLL.

Definitely one of the dirtiest. One goon in particular. Beware when you play these dirtbags.

What are you talking about? The NVYLL has NEVER had "single year, grade-based age groups". The NVYLL has always been two-year, AGE based divisions. Only the girls side has been grade based.

What has happened to Madlax? Their 2020 and 2021 teams are terrible.

Perhaps previous poster talking about NYPLL
Saw Bitmore play over at K.I. this fall. Decent team, lacks depth though. They do have a Pole (Def.) who is possibly the least disciplined player I have seen in quite some time. Cost the teams hard effort with silly man down penalties.

Definitely one of the dirtiest. One goon in particular. Beware when you play these dirtbags.

Your an idiot....This forum is absolutely useless... Bunch of scumbags looking to be funny only giving lacrosse an even worst reputation...Done with this terrible site. Absolutely no good comes from reading and or posting here

Way to call out a 12 to 13 yr old boy a goon. You do the lacrosse community a great service Here is a better one.. You are a fucktard....

Way to call out a 12 to 13 yr old boy a goon. You do the lacrosse community a great service Here is a better one.. You are a fucktard....

Cant we all just get along??
Madlax 2021 will dominate this league, as it does with every age group.
Just like they did in Florida this December? Didn't the MADLAX Georgia Team beat them, amongst other Southern Teams?
Madlax 2021 will dominate this league, as it does with every age group.

Surely the person who keeps posting these things on these threads can't actually be a Madlax person.

Anyway, I think the 2021 team deserves to be in the Elite division. I don't see them getting real close to GT or Hawks, but they will give them good games. I think their 2022's are a better team, relatively.

I see 3D and Roughriders are in the AA division, as is Rock. I guess that makes sense but 3D is at the same level of Madlax and I wonder if Roughriders didn't lose kids, because last Summer they played at a pretty high level at times (see Beachlax).
Why did Crabs 2021 chose not to participate in World Series of Youth Lacrosse Qualifier? They were runners up last year and now they don't even tryout. Weird.
Madlax Capital 2020/2021 both got spanked in their own tournament this past weekend. So much for dominating.
Saw Bitmore play over at K.I. this fall. Decent team, lacks depth though. They do have a Pole (Def.) who is possibly the least disciplined player I have seen in quite some time. Cost the teams hard effort with silly man down penalties.

If the number DELETED, I know this kid, he has the ability to be really good, just doesn't listen and most of the time plays out of control. I would not mention his name on a forum.
He needs a strong coach who could point him in the right direction on playing D under control.

**Are you a complete moron??? How about you name your kid so everyone can at him too..
Why did Crabs 2021 chose not to participate in World Series of Youth Lacrosse Qualifier? They were runners up last year and now they don't even tryout. Weird.

Because this year their 2021 team is loaded with holdbacks and if you take away the holdbacks they are not a strong team.

Ok, now we can wait for the Crab 2021 parents/fans to jump on here and say it isn't true, when we know it is. Some of us have seen their roster with dates of birth. You would be surprised the number of holdbacks. Just the Crabs way.
Madlax Capital 2020/2021 both got spanked in their own tournament this past weekend. So much for dominating.

What were the 2021 scores?

Well now, that just reeks of Bitmore class!

A lot to a little.

A lot to a little.

Wow - you typed that image verification thing just to say that?

2021 Results from madlax madness:

Madlax 7, Lax Factory 3
C2C Richmond 11, Madlax 4
Crabs 6, Madlax 3
Crabs 9, C2C Richmond 2
Crabs 8, Lax Factory 2
C2C Richmond 6, Lax Factory 5
Madlax got worked.
C2C-R is good
Dude. It's C2C Richmond. That is a disgrace losing to a team like that.
Never heard of C2C Richmond!!
Let’s hear your predictions fellas:

Green Turtle vs Crabs = G.T. +2
Kooper’s vs Bethesda = BLC +1
FCA vs Looney’s = FCA +3
Hawks vs Bitmore = Hawks +3
Madlax vs Club Blue = Club Blue +2

If the number DELETED, I know this kid, he has the ability to be really good, just doesn't listen and most of the time plays out of control. I would not mention his name on a forum.
He needs a strong coach who could point him in the right direction on playing D under control.

You might as well list his name....You have already done all but that.... How about we critique you on this site...Dirtbag
Let’s hear your predictions fellas:

Green Turtle vs Crabs = G.T. +2
Kooper’s vs Bethesda = BLC +1
FCA vs Looney’s = FCA +3
Hawks vs Bitmore = Hawks +3
Madlax vs Club Blue = Club Blue +2

Looneys vs FCA = Looney +2
FCA 2021 team is really bad. The lost to Wolkpack in a scrimmage
C2C-R 2021 is legit
A legit B team.....beat Lax Factory by 1
Looking at the World Series Qualifying tournaments in Charlotte and Maryland, who do you think might give Kooper's, Greene Turtle and Bethesda the biggest challenges in the East? Any of the teams in the East adding players just for a WSYL run?

In the South, I think PBR will have a fun game against 3D, but I'd expect PBR to prevail without it being too close. I think C2C will give Team Carolina a good game on the field, but I expect the scoreboard will be more lopsided. Not sure if any other teams in the South will be competitive, but who knows? I would think an all-star team from Atlanta would be competitive but no idea who WLF is.

Hope the kids have a fun time in any event.
WLF is out Bradenton, FL a group started and run by Casey Powell. Some great athletes in that part of the state, but no idea the lax level they are at...
I think Mesa is better than what most expect, they have some very quality players. They should be able to hang in there with the Md teams
So are the two best teams from Npyll last year (Crabs and Hawks) not participating in the World Series of lacrosse?

If so, they "championship" just got a huge asterisk *.

So are the two best teams from Npyll last year (Crabs and Hawks) not participating in the World Series of lacrosse?

Says you. You've got be in it to win it. If your not in it, then you've got no claim.

Says you. You've got be in it to win it. If your not in it, then you've got no claim.

Crabs is not in it because it was a waste of time flying to Denver last year. THe competition was terrible other than Crush. Why fly all the way out there when you play all the good teams in spring and local summer tournaments?

Crabs is not in it because it was a waste of time flying to Denver last year. THe competition was terrible other than Crush. Why fly all the way out there when you play all the good teams in spring and local summer tournaments?

It must be hard for your organization to make a competitive team that would meet the age requirements.

It must be hard for your organization to make a competitive team that would meet the age requirements.

It wouldn't be hard at all but those aren't the rules for any other league or tournament. Why build a team for one tournament against crappy competition?

It wouldn't be hard at all but those aren't the rules for any other league or tournament. Why build a team for one tournament against crappy competition?

Well then why do you care what teams were going to WS whether it be Crabs or Hawks and why do you care who would win and that the championship game should be asterisked lol. It's easy to discount something if you can't step up and meet the requirements.
GT seemed to get off to a slow start this morning. Would have thought they were the class of the East Regional

It's comical to suggest that Crabs just opted out of this crappy made-by-TV tourney, versus being way too told. On the other hand, I can see Hawks being age eligible and actually opting out. I would have liked seeing Hawks v Igloo in the final though.

We know why they didn't- the owner likes to make money, hence the holdbacks for winning teams. They are in it for the money and losing on tv is not good for their business.
It looks like Bethesda (3rd best in npyll) is dominating. So much for being world champions.

Well then why do you care what teams were going to WS whether it be Crabs or Hawks and why do you care who would win and that the championship game should be asterisked lol. It's easy to discount something if you can't step up and meet the requirements.

I could care less who goes to Denver. Was responding to the notion that Crabs isn't capable of fielding a competitive team if they wanted to.
Kooper's wins East Regional. Team Carolina wins South over PBR.

A little surprised to see Bitmore over Hawks this morning.
NYPLL champs Hawks lost to HoCo 4th place finisher Bitmore today and Koopers (also HoCo) won east Regional for World Series of lax. GT (also HoCo) finished 3rd while Bethesda (NYPLL) finished 6th. So much for NYPLL dominating HoCo league...
NYPLL champs Hawks lost to HoCo 4th place finisher Bitmore today and Koopers (also HoCo) won east Regional for World Series of lax. GT (also HoCo) finished 3rd while Bethesda (NYPLL) finished 6th. So much for NYPLL dominating HoCo league...

Crabs was npyll champs, but still a great win for Bitmore.

The scores are fact. Your deduction after one (1) week is premature.....and comical. Feel inferior much? Laughing.
Some good games in the 1st week of HoCo:
Diamondbacks 6, Storm 5
FCA 6, Cannons 5
Bethesda 12, Rough Riders 9
Hawks 10, Madlax 8

MPLL Highlights:
Team 91MD 7, Diamondbacks 5
Hawks 11, FCA 2
Team 91MD 6, RoughRiders 5
Diamondbacks 12, FCA 6
Some good games in the 1st week of HoCo:
Diamondbacks 6, Storm 5
FCA 6, Cannons 5
Bethesda 12, Rough Riders 9
Hawks 10, Madlax 8

MPLL Highlights:
Team 91MD 7, Diamondbacks 5
Hawks 11, FCA 2
Team 91MD 6, RoughRiders 5
Diamondbacks 12, FCA 6

These are 2022 scores

Score seemed close but Bitmore really dominated the entire game... I thought some of the Hawks parents were going to cry....It was fun to watch and not have a kid in it..
GT seemed to get off to a slow start this morning. Would have thought they were the class of the East Regional

It's comical to suggest that Crabs just opted out of this crappy made-by-TV tourney, versus being way too told. On the other hand, I can see Hawks being age eligible and actually opting out. I would have liked seeing Hawks v Igloo in the final though.

Good luck with that Hawks Dad...How was your game today with the 16 kids from Bitmore?
Madlax 2021 will win it this year.
Madlax 2021 got blown out by Club Blue 10-1 in their first Hoco game. Madlax 2021 also got spanked by C2C and Crabs in their own tournament a couple weeks ago. Why do you think Madlax 2021 is so great? I'd like to hear from TLaxOne why you think the Madlax 2021 is so great.
East qualifiers for World Series in Denver:

Bethesda
Greene Turtle
Koopers (winner)
Lax Factory
Leading Edge
Mesa Fresh (runner up)
Tri State

Who has the best shot of winning it all?

Obviously Kooper's, and I think you'd have to say Igloo and Mad Dog West and Team Carolina. I think the latter two only lost by one goal to Igloo last year. And the team from the North that Igloo didn't play that shall not be named.

Igloo has to be the favorite and no doubt will be in the semi-finals, but all 4 teams in the semi's will be legit. And I wouldn't underestimate the hurdle Igloo faces against other teams with summer birthdays and the fact some 13-year olds (and 14 year olds) can be the size of men.
This is a terrible tournament. If they wanted a legit one, it would be on the East Coast.

Bethesda
Greene Turtle
Koopers (winner)
Lax Factory
Leading Edge
Mesa Fresh (runner up)
Tri State

So almost half of the field qualified? What happened to the Top 4 making it?

Bethesda came in 6th place? Marc Dubick leaving as a coach hurt them?

Bethesda
Greene Turtle
Koopers (winner)
Lax Factory
Leading Edge
Mesa Fresh (runner up)
Tri State

Uhhg who cares. Such a nonsense tournament...Really Lax Factory..Please do not claim to be the best 2021 East Coast Club team if you make it to this tournament...
This is a terrible tournament. If they wanted a legit one, it would be on the East Coast.
I so agree with you
Why because you aren't going? It is WORLD CLASS - kids love it, it is growing the sport and the competition will be fierce! Get off the pooper and support the game!!!

Bethesda
Greene Turtle
Koopers (winner)
Lax Factory
Leading Edge
Mesa Fresh (runner up)
Tri State

Dubick likely went back to keeping Churchill the best damn daddy ball high school team ahead of his last son arriving. I think their head coach is really a hologram with a twitter account. The most childish high school program on earth since the daddies started meddling with it. It's the public private lacrosse team.
Why because you aren't going? It is WORLD CLASS - kids love it, it is growing the sport and the competition will be fierce! Get off the pooper and support the game!!!
We have better competition at our HOHO league. Nothing like going to these "World tournaments" and winning every game 15 to 0. Then loosing in the Championship by a few goals to a stacked tournament team usually with older kids.
It's easy to put down the tournament as having a crappy field by looking at last year. But clearly having a U13 game on ESPN has stimulated interest.

I count 21-22 teams got invites. There were a couple of big name teams blown out in the North in just a single game, at least one of which isn't coming. But no other teams invited got blown out in the other qualifiers (some lopsided scores, but a blow out to me is 15-0 or the like). There are probably 2-3 teams in the South and West (combined) that are a little weaker, but not bad teams. And you can't just say these other brackets are pure crap, because their champions have played Igloo close in the last 12 months.

Who are the AA powerhouses that aren't coming or "Elite" teams from Hoco that would come and win? Crabs has the name but not the on-age players.

I personally don't like the 5/1 cutoff and think WSYL could do the sport a real service by going with the 9/1 date, but who's going to tell the parents of summer-birthday Johnny that he is going to be young for his lacrosse team?
Whatever you have to do to float your boat, but it is a shame you have to be little others to feel relevant.
Hoho's and Twinkies? Love them with cold milk.
Bottom line is that WYSL is not exactly a 2021 tourney, it is a U13 tourney with a 5/1 cut-off. Several of the HoCo and NYPLL "2021" teams were not exactly true 2021 teams. Many brought in 2020 players that fit into the 5/1 cutoff. Kids will enjoy the experience if their team qualified and last I checked it was about the kids...
For East Regional, it was announced that at least 4 teams will be selected, not just top 4. I think it's because this is the biggest regional with 14 teams. They decided to take top 6. The last spot was given to the 7th place team due to a team from the North Regional dropping out.
Amen
I can tell you there is one team in the east that declined the invite
I know at least one team has declined the invite from the east region
Heard there are a tew international teams got invited also.
Care to share which team that maybe? I saw that C2C Richmond got the invitation instead?
Mesa
Mesa

They made the final. Wonder why they choose to drop out? They are certainly good enough to be competitive in WSYL.
Mesa

They made the final. Wonder why they choose to drop out? They are certainly good enough to be competitive in WSYL.

$5,000 to participate per kid once travel and tourney fees are included.
Mesa

It's not quite that bad, but it is a lot...

For a family of four, flights (Southwest from BWI to DEN) cost about $2200 and hotel about $700. Rental car probably $300 for four days. Budget, what, $100 per day for food if you try to go on the cheap. So that's about $3600 for a family of four. If you go parent/player that cuts the flight and food in about half.

Tournament fee $300 per player.

So if you take your whole family of four it's about $4000 total, less if you go player/parent. Which is more than most of us pay for annual club tuition.
Mesa

For a family of four, flights (Southwest from BWI to DEN) cost about $2200 and hotel about $700. Rental car probably $300 for four days. Budget, what, $100 per day for food if you try to go on the cheap. So that's about $3600 for a family of four. If you go parent/player that cuts the flight and food in about half.

So if you take your whole family of four it's about $4000 total, less if you go player/parent. Which is more than most of us pay for annual club tuition.

I get that it is quite expensive, but why participate if they have no plan to go to Denver in the first place? Why not give other clubs a chance to play instead of taking up a slot?
Mesa

I get that it is quite expensive, but why participate if they have no plan to go to Denver in the first place? Why not give other clubs a chance to play instead of taking up a slot?

Were any teams actually denied entry into the qualifiers?
They cancelled the Midwest event from lack of participation
Mesa

Were any teams actually denied entry into the qualifiers?
They cancelled the Midwest event from lack of participation

It just makes ZERO sense that they have this game in DEN. Lacrosse is a east coast sport. If you do not want to give the NY,NJ,MD teams a home field advantage have it in South Va or NC. If it was on the east coast along with the TV coverage it a lock that it would be the best tournament of the year.
The WSYL charges a tournament fee??
The WSYL charges a tournament fee??

Why would anyone be surprised by them charging a fee. This whole thing is about making money. Very little of this travel club thing we do is about the kids. Even them getting a kid onto a college team is really just so they can get better and more young kids to give them more money.
Couldn't agree with this more. Richmond Virginia at the same spot as Brine would make the most sense.
Couldn't agree with this more. Richmond Virginia at the same spot as Brine would make the most sense.

For sure I think this spot has several field turf fields.
Have you been to that Richmond facility? They ran out of money and, although fields are pretty nice, it's pretty much a dump once you step off the playing fields. That turf could literally be hot enough to melt the bottom of shoes in July.

Anyway, Denver is good for the West Coast and easy to fly to for a national tournament.

I have heard they make it a great experience, but it is amazing to me that just having the final on ESPN has driven so much interest in it and willingness to blow $3-4K per family on the trip. At least you can drive to Florida or take a cheap flight and spend a few days on the beach.
Have you been to that Richmond facility? They ran out of money and, although fields are pretty nice, it's pretty much a dump once you step off the playing fields. That turf could literally be hot enough to melt the bottom of shoes in July.

Anyway, Denver is good for the West Coast and easy to fly to for a national tournament.

I have heard they make it a great experience, but it is amazing to me that just having the final on ESPN has driven so much interest in it and willingness to blow $3-4K per family on the trip. At least you can drive to Florida or take a cheap flight and spend a few days on the beach.

Ok got it Richmond off the table. Lets pick another place in the middle of the East Coast to lobby for it to be at in 2 years.

Ok got it Richmond off the table. Lets pick another place in the middle of the East Coast to lobby for it to be at in 2 years.

Yankee Stadium
Sounds like someone bitter that he is paying 30K for a private school education to watch your kid sit on the bench when your kid inevitably will go to Community College. Jeff Fritz (Coach of Churchill) is as solid as they come, and factually has won more games than any high-school coach in Montgomery County history. To poke at someone who has been committed to growing lacrosse for public school kids in and around Maryland is poor form.
Bitmore vs Greenturtle tomorrow at 9. Blandair park...Should be a good one. Let's see if Bitmore's win last week against the Hawks was luck
Bitmore vs Greenturtle tomorrow at 9. Blandair park...Should be a good one. Let's see if Bitmore's win last week against the Hawks was luck

It was!
100% pure luck.
Hawks over Bethesda 6-4
Crabs over Madlax 14-1

Any other score
GT over Bitmore. 8-6. A very close game. Both teams played their hearts out.

Not that close. One team scored two more goals. Just sayin'

Not that close. One team scored two more goals. Just sayin'
Obviously you did not see the game..Or just blind.....just saying
Stop crying Bit-less daddy
Not attached to either side, nor did I see the game, but not sure how an 8-6 game is a blowout. Was it 8-2 and Bitmore scored a bunch late after GT took their foot off the gas and subbed out?
Bitmore specializes in moral victories and beating teams by playing down or using overage kids. Really just a silly organization
Score was 7-6 late in 4th qtr and Bitmore pulled goalie to try and get turnover and GT scored to make it 8-6. Both teams look solid. Let's try to keep it real on this board and not slander every organization. More fun to do so but high road anyone?
I really hope that a grown adult is not posting this crap...Truly gutless
Was not aware that VLC Blue Crabs forfeited their first game due to no goalie? Anyone have more information on this? Wow that seems pretty shocking to me.
Sunday predictions? Lots of quality lacrosse in the baby MIAA this weekend.
Predicted winners Sunday;

Bitmore
Koopers
Crabs
Hawks
Club Blue

Anyone else?
Scores??
GT 7 Koopers 6
Crabs 15 Looneys 1
Hawks 10 Madlax 3
Bitmore 7 FCA 5
No score posted on Club Blue vs. Bethesda game
Crabs 10-2 over Leading Edge
Hawks 11-8 over Leading Edge

Crabs seem improved. Attracted new kids, existing 2021's just getting better or is team older?
Crabs seem improved. Attracted new kids, existing 2021's just getting better or is team older?

Lot of new kids. A couple were on other 2020 teams last year and repeated 7th grade and came to Crabs 2021. Most just moved over from Breakers and a couple other places.

Lot of new kids. A couple were on other 2020 teams last year and repeated 7th grade and came to Crabs 2021. Most just moved over from Breakers and a couple other places.

This team, like Crabs 2020, is loaded with holdbacks. A long pole came from Rough Riders 2020 and he could be a decent player if he learns to play under control.

This team, like Crabs 2020, is loaded with holdbacks. A long pole came from Rough Riders 2020 and he could be a decent player if he learns to play under control.

You are completely off base. The team is not loaded with holdbacks. Just because a kid is big, doesn't mean he is a holdback. It's 7th grade. Some kids shoot up at that age. My son is an on age February birthday and shot up to 6 feet tall in 7th grade.

You have no facts to back up what you say so better to keep your mouth shut. Yes, the kid from roughriders is a holdback. But they surely aren't loaded with them like the 2020 team

Uhhg..Another [lacrosse] parent taking the very low road of calling a kid out on this site....Classless

Uhhg..Another [lacrosse] parent taking the very low road of calling a kid out on this site....Classless

Well if you play travel lacrosse in the DMV area and you think you could be a good to great player and change teams and go back a grade group and no one know. These parents are the ones how should of been held back in school two years.

Hey [lacrosse], didn't call him out by name or number. Close to paying him a complement, just needs to play under control. You seem to be the classless one, nick picking everything you see or pretend to see. Now get back to work painting the road markers for the City.

You are completely off base. The team is not loaded with holdbacks. Just because a kid is big, doesn't mean he is a holdback. It's 7th grade. Some kids shoot up at that age. My son is an on age February birthday and shot up to 6 feet tall in 7th grade.

You have no facts to back up what you say so better to keep your mouth shut. Yes, the kid from roughriders is a holdback. But they surely aren't loaded with them like the 2020 team

He is not the only holdback. Remember the Crabs rosters were released by accident last November, so quite a few people know birthdates.
I didn't say he was the only holdback. Just said that the team was loaded with them as was claimed.
There must be a lot of great 2021 teams for Madlax 2021 not to be 3-0.
More than half of the team are holdbacks. That is why they could not even try to qualify for World Series and that birthday cutoff was more lenient than the school calendar. Opinions vary but that to most people would mean the team is loaded with holdbacks.
More than half of the team are holdbacks. That is why they could not even try to qualify for World Series and that birthday cutoff was more lenient than the school calendar. Opinions vary but that to most people would mean the team is loaded with holdbacks.

Again, that is absolutely a false statement. There are only a few holdbacks on Crabs 2021. Crabs didn't tryout for WSYL because it is pointless to fly out to Denver to play a bunch of crappy teams. The only teams worth playing are from MD and LI and Crabs will play them several times throughout the summer without flying to Denver to do it. Had nothing to do with the age limit as most of the "holdbacks" are kids that went to prefirst not kids that repeated grades. Most of the prefirst kids are born after 5/1 so they would be eligible.

Nice try though. Keep spouting lies.

Again, that is absolutely a false statement. There are only a few holdbacks on Crabs 2021. Crabs didn't tryout for WSYL because it is pointless to fly out to Denver to play a bunch of crappy teams. The only teams worth playing are from MD and LI and Crabs will play them several times throughout the summer without flying to Denver to do it. Had nothing to do with the age limit as most of the "holdbacks" are kids that went to prefirst not kids that repeated grades. Most of the prefirst kids are born after 5/1 so they would be eligible.

The point is [lacrosse] hole that it is a [lacrosse] move to critique kids on the site. Keep your comments away from the kids [lacrosse]....I mean what gives you the knowledge and or insight to critique a kid on that plays lacrosse in our leagues....[lacrosse] move....classless

Mad Dog West
Igloo
91 Eclipse
Legacy
LI Express
Team Carolina
Palm Beach
GT
Kooper's
Bethesda
Mesa
Leading Edge

Other than Hawks and maybe a good team from Atlanta, what non-crappy teams aren't going?

PS - I was not OP, but I don't see any kids being criticized. I think noting some teams have a lot of older kids is fair game, especially at 2021 where some kids still under 100 lbs and some are 5'10.

Mad Dog West
Igloo
91 Eclipse
Legacy
LI Express
Team Carolina
Palm Beach
GT
Kooper's
Bethesda
Mesa
Leading Edge

Other than Hawks and maybe a good team from Atlanta, what non-crappy teams aren't going?

PS - I was not OP, but I don't see any kids being criticized. I think noting some teams have a lot of older kids is fair game, especially at 2021 where some kids still under 100 lbs and some are 5'10.

Igloo is the only team on this list worth playing. Would love to see a final 4 of Igloo, Crabs, Hawks and 91 from NY
Surprised that the Crabs aren't playing WSYL. They had such a nice showing on July 4th vs 91. Can't bring the holdbacks so better off to stay home.
Agree, lots of loaded teams heading to Denver. Should be a more competitive event than last year....

The point is [lacrosse] hole that it is a [lacrosse] move to critique kids on the site. Keep your comments away from the kids [lacrosse]....I mean what gives you the knowledge and or insight to critique a kid on that plays lacrosse in our leagues....[lacrosse] move....classless

Ummm. Where in the post above yours was any kid critiqued? Are you off your meds again or just illiterate?

Mad Dog West
Igloo
91 Eclipse
Legacy
LI Express
Team Carolina
Palm Beach
GT
Kooper's
Bethesda
Mesa
Leading Edge

A lot of the teams that qualified are not going. We will see when the final list comes out. In particular, I know 2 of the Maryland qualifiers are not going.

So like I said, the Maryland and NY teams will play each other at other tournaments on the east coast this summer and fall. What's the point in going all the way to Denver?
I agree on not worth it to travel to Denver. I just was replying to the false point that the reason not to go is only crappy teams are going.
Who was the new kid that played for Koopers at the qualifiers? Seemed to score a bunch of their goals and really made a difference at the Greene Turtle game. Just curious?? Was he a recent pick-up?
Hawks is best 2021 right now.
Not so fast....Looks like the Hawks are loosing in the HOCO league....Hmmm bad prediction

Mad Dog West
Igloo
91 Eclipse
Legacy
LI Express
Team Carolina
Palm Beach
GT
Kooper's
Bethesda
Mesa
Leading Edge

A lot of the teams that qualified are not going. We will see when the final list comes out. In particular, I know 2 of the Maryland qualifiers are not going.

So like I said, the Maryland and NY teams will play each other at other tournaments on the east coast this summer and fall. What's the point in going all the way to Denver?

Which 2 Maryland qualifiers are not going? Why even sign up if the teams have no plan to go?
They played because it was good competition close to home. Why fly to Denver to play same teams? 4 teams from each region is stupid.

Mesa and turtle aren't going
They played because it was good competition close to home. Why fly to Denver to play same teams? 4 teams from each region is stupid.

Mesa and turtle aren't going

The only reason to go is to get on ESPN and get the swag!
7th grade boys do love the swag...and some 8th graders who's b-day is after random 5/1 cutoff.
Perhaps the super deluxe deal the crabs signed with Nike prohibits them from wearing the warrior/new balance gear they get on tv - so they are boycotting this year.
Perhaps the super deluxe deal the crabs signed with Nike prohibits them from wearing the warrior/new balance gear they get on tv - so they are boycotting this year.
Excellent point
Madlax 2021 will rise to the top of this league.
Scores?

It was miserable weather today
Scores?

Hoco-
Bethesda 8, Bitmore 3
Hawks 9, Club Blue 6
Greene Turtle 11, Looney's 2
Koopers 10, Madlax 5
Bethesda 13, Club Blue 3

MPLL-
Koopers 9, RoughRiders 6
Greene Turtle 13, Looney's 3
Bitmore 10, Nine-D-One 4
Rock 4, Cannons 2

Scores?

Hoco-
Bethesda 8, Bitmore 3
Hawks 9, Club Blue 6
Koopers 10, Madlax 5
Bethesda 13, Club Blue 3

MPLL-
Koopers 9, RoughRiders 6
Bitmore 10, Nine-D-One 4
Rock 4, Cannons 2

Wait. I thought Bitmore was going to kick everyone's [lacrosse].
Scores?

Hoco-
Bethesda 8, Bitmore 3
Hawks 9, Club Blue 6
Koopers 10, Madlax 5
Bethesda 13, Club Blue 3

MPLL-
Koopers 9, RoughRiders 6
Bitmore 10, Nine-D-One 4
Rock 4, Cannons 2

Classy Bethesda Parents...Cemented the fact that you are the worst entitled parents on the sideline..Heard your kids about wanting to fight our kids after the game..You should be so proud..
Bethesda coaches and parents are probably the epitome of how not to act
Before you get ahead of you self Bethesda parents..It's common knowledge that all of your good players leave you Daddy ball pethetic program to play for real programs like Crabs, Hawks, and Bitmore...Good luck pathetic Bethesda dad
Showing your true colors Bethesda. Horrible spotsmanship. Crazy parents..Worst organization in youth lacrosse.That's OK..most of your kids will be playing on our team next year..
Nasty Coaches and parents at Bethesda.Check your sportsmanship manual..Good lord..Horrible..Check yourself
Yeah..Just because you carry a 300.00 dollar unbrella, it's does not give you the right to act like an [lacrosse]..Good luck Silver spoons....
Bethesda parents= epitome of how not to act..
Scores?

Hoco-
Bethesda 8, Bitmore 3
Hawks 9, Club Blue 6
Koopers 10, Madlax 5
Bethesda 13, Club Blue 3

MPLL-
Koopers 9, RoughRiders 6
Bitmore 10, Nine-D-One 4
Rock 4, Cannons 2

Good Luck with your super bowl win.Your team is horrible and your kids are cray babies
Wow. I'm assuming the same person posted all this about Bethesda. The same person that comes here talking smack about Bitmore all the time. You had a point about Bethesda kids leaving for Other teams like Crabs and Hawks. But you really threw Bitmore in there as well? Funny.
Wow. I'm assuming the same person posted all this about Bethesda. The same person that comes here talking smack about Bitmore all the time. You had a point about Bethesda kids leaving for Other teams like Crabs and Hawks. But you really threw Bitmore in there as well? Funny.

Delusions of grandeur: a false impression of one's own importance. To the Bitmore person who keeps ranting on here... get over yourself. It's a game. Your KIDS lost. You didn't lose. Why so angry? And why do you have to make this about silver spoons and the cost of umbrellas? Get the chip off your shoulder. You, my friend, are what is wrong with youth lacrosse.
Only top 4 teams make the HoCo playoffs. If the season ended today, those teams would be Crabs, Greene turtle, Hawks, and Koopers or Bethesda (Koopers and Bethesda are tied). Not many games left.5
Only top 4 teams make the HoCo playoffs. If the season ended today, those teams would be Crabs, Greene turtle, Hawks, and Koopers or Bethesda (Koopers and Bethesda are tied). Not many games left.5

But Bitmore really, really, really deserves it. They said so! And the other teams are so rich. And mean! WAAAAAAAAA.
Please....don't assume that was a Bitmore parent...I smell a troll...Those post are outrageous and should be ignored not commented on...Come on people
What arethe tie breakers for playoffs?
What arethe tie breakers for playoffs?

For HoCo:

1. Number of wins (or winning percentage if teams did not play full 6 game schedule)

2. Head to Head

3. Total number of wins (or winning percentage if teams did not play full 6 game schedule) of teams you have beaten

4. Total number of wins (or winning percentage if teams did not play full 6 game schedule) of all your opponents

5. Total goals scored against

6. Coin Toss/Card Draw
Bitmore 2021 families REALLY do think their team is very special. It is funny. But their entire program is total garbage(go look at the scores of 2022. I don't even think they have a 2020. They dropped 2023 because no wanted to play. Even their coaches took kids to other programs.

They think this one 2021 team is national elite and special because they are the only decent team in the whole program. That is funny if they won't even make a league 4 team playoff. Now THAT is rich.
Bitmore 2021 families REALLY do think their team is very special. It is funny. But their entire program is total garbage(go look at the scores of 2022. I don't even think they have a 2020. They dropped 2023 because no wanted to play. Even their coaches took kids to other programs.

They think this one 2021 team is national elite and special because they are the only decent team in the whole program. That is funny if they won't even make a league 4 team playoff. Now THAT is rich.

Kind of describes the Koopers and Greene Turtle program as well doesn't it?

I have to say this is the most alarming post I have ever read on this site. Alarming because its hard to believe a grown adult would think this way and post this. I for one know coaches, parents, and players on all 3 of these teams and they are some of the best around. Sportsmanship, integrity, and hard work is at underlying goal for all 3 of these programs. You have been given an open forum to post useful information about a sport we all love. I am sorry you have chosen to inflict so much harm on our community by posting this. I am happy for you that your child is a great lacrosse player and plays for an outstanding club. I hope you do not talk to your son like you you talk in these posts. You may be grooming him to be next George Huguely and putting our youth lacrosse community in a place where we do no want to go... Do us a favor when your son plays on Sunday. Sit as far away from other parents as possible so your cancerous view points do not spread. Thank you

I have to say this is the most alarming post I have ever read on this site. Alarming because its hard to believe a grown adult would think this way and post this. I for one know coaches, parents, and players on all 3 of these teams and they are some of the best around. Sportsmanship, integrity, and hard work is at underlying goal for all 3 of these programs. You have been given an open forum to post useful information about a sport we all love. I am sorry you have chosen to inflict so much harm on our community by posting this. I am happy for you that your child is a great lacrosse player and plays for an outstanding club. I hope you do not talk to your son like you you talk in these posts. You may be grooming him to be next George Huguely and putting our youth lacrosse community in a place where we do no want to go... Do us a favor when your son plays on Sunday. Sit as far away from other parents as possible so your cancerous view points do not spread. Thank you

Think you are making a big leap there comparing someone critiquing club lacrosse programs to creating the next George Huguely. Can't call someone irresponsible and then make an irresponsible comment on your end. Pot meet kettle

Think you are making a big leap there comparing someone critiquing club lacrosse programs to creating the next George Huguely. Can't call someone irresponsible and then make an irresponsible comment on your end. Pot meet kettle

Have to agree with you..Comparing this hilarious at times lacrosse banter with somehow leading to that terrible tragedy is telling in itself, wouldnt you think.

I personally heard at Koopers 2022 tryouts the coaches tell the parents that they thought they would be able to beat Crabs and the other top teams this year. Then they put the team in the A bracket of HOCO playing with B teams. Let's not go overboard heaping praise on any of these clubs for their "integrity". They will and do say whatever it takes to get you to pay their fees.

It's a shame that club lacrosse has taken over in Maryland and parents are forced to pay $2000 a year for their kid to play. That was never the intent of club lacrosse. It was supposed to be for elite players to play more and work with better coaches. Now there is a club for every player and the lesser clubs charge as much if not more than the top clubs. Clubs pop up all over because their is money to be made. Marachek has started two in the last 3 years trying to cash in. Until parents decide that they aren't going to pay these fees and go back to rec, more and more will pop up and fold. Parents need to be honest about what they are trying to get out of the sport and where their child fits.
^^^^ This post is 100% correct. ^^^^^

Parents should be honest about their child's ability. Club was meant for elite players. If your child isn't an elite player save your money. Club teams are stealing from you with the AA, A B nonsense

Have to agree with you..Comparing this hilarious at times lacrosse banter with somehow leading to that terrible tragedy is telling in itself, wouldnt you think.

Not to mention that of all the terrible things that have been said on here about peoples wives and children, that criticizing Koopers and Greene Turtle is the most alarming thing that this guys has ever read on this site.LOL
[quote=Anonymous]^^^^ This post is 100% correct. ^^^^^

Parents should be honest about their child's ability. Club was meant for elite players. If your child isn't an elite player save your money. Club teams are stealing from you with the AA, A B nonsense

See this is where I argue with this. Yes those A and B teams are stealing your money and should view themselves and say they are feeder teams for the elite programs. Not lie and say we are also elite and can get you seen and a D1 spot. But I have seen kids in 6 or 7 grade come out and play for a A team or a second team and by the 8th grade summer they are on the top team and attending a top private school. There is a stud at South County sophmore who was a a Madlax 3rd level team at one time. Now he is a stud on the lacrosse field and on there top team.

See this is where I argue with this. Yes those A and B teams are stealing your money and should view themselves and say they are feeder teams for the elite programs. Not lie and say we are also elite and can get you seen and a D1 spot. But I have seen kids in 6 or 7 grade come out and play for a A team or a second team and by the 8th grade summer they are on the top team and attending a top private school. There is a stud at South County sophmore who was a a Madlax 3rd level team at one time. Now he is a stud on the lacrosse field and on there top team.

I don't disagree in any way. But should parents have to pay the exorbitant fees for their kid to play until they are ready for the elite clubs? The lower clubs are sharks feeding on the parents that feel the need to keep up with the masses so their little one can play on a club too. MYLA was a perfect place for these kids and it is a real shame that this has happened. A "B" Club team is kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

I don't disagree in any way. But should parents have to pay the exorbitant fees for their kid to play until they are ready for the elite clubs? The lower clubs are sharks feeding on the parents that feel the need to keep up with the masses so their little one can play on a club too. MYLA was a perfect place for these kids and it is a real shame that this has happened. A "B" Club team is kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

Well this could be a hint that the top clubs should go back to having 2 teams for each grade. They should charge less for these teams for sure. But this will keep the soon to be elite kids in a elite program under the eyes of elite owners/coaches. At least when its a elite teams second team the parents are not under the impression little Johnny has arrived for his age group. The kid and parents can see what a elite player/team looks like. And this is what everyone talks about with the developing players in your program can fit in.

Some great Bitless logic there.
Did anyone hear about the new club team starting up in Towson? Its called super world Elite plus infinity...Everyone that posts here is invited of course. it's gonna be great. Our goal is to be angriest parents in youth sports and to hate every club team in Maryland. Who is with me!
Wolfpack 2021 making a run in the MPYLL. Good work boys
Wow...Another spam email from Hogan...They are looking for crappy teams from PA and New Jersey so the can make their Hawks teams look better than they are...
Did anyone hear about the new club team starting up in Towson? Its called super world Elite plus infinity...Everyone that posts here is invited of course. it's gonna be great. Our goal is to be angriest parents in youth sports and to hate every club team in Maryland. Who is with me!

nice. how much is it gonna cost? the more the better please
Crabs 2021....4-0.....how do they get the easiest schedule in the league? Really beat the bottom 3 teams in 2021 by a lot to a little....Congrats but everyone has beaten them....Play someone tough and then you can talk....Pathetic

Perfect your gonna love it. 3K per kid and we are looking to keep 30 kids per roster...Its gonna be great...Lots of swag at an additional cost.

oh you have no idea how great it's going to be....You get a tryout penny and get to wear it the entire spring season and halfway into the summer. My kids number is 2,348...It's so awesome
Wolfpack 2021 making a run in the MPYLL. Good work boys

Making a run at what? Taking over for Bitmore parents as the most obnoxious. Have you beating Turtle or Koopers? Didn't think so.
Crabs 2021....4-0.....how do they get the easiest schedule in the league? Really beat the bottom 3 teams in 2021 by a lot to a little....Congrats but everyone has beaten them....Play someone tough and then you can talk....Pathetic

Shut up, they beat Greene Turtle and they play Koopers sunday. The rest of the team are below those two so who are you expecting them to play?

I assume you are from Bitmore?
You are going to attack/insult all Hawks teams because of an email from Hogan? I am VERY happy to compare Hawks Green 2021 (this the 2021 page) to anyone you may have to compare.

Laughing

Crabs 2021 is loaded with holdbacks, not quite as many as the 2020 team but loaded non the less. This is the way they operate and as teams get older, the more holdbacks. [lacrosse], their 2022 team even has holdbacks, that is truly pathetic, 2022 is for kids 11 and 12 years old, yet Crabs even has a few holdbacks on that team.
The entire operation is pure sh*t, led by the most disgusting man in youth lacrosse. Yet Ryan McClernan still has the nerve to show his face at games and feels he is the greatest. Yes, he is the greatest, the greatest at destroying youth lacrosse, simply for his distorted ego and money. Now the Crab faithful will come on here and start their usual pushback and denials. Just wait for it.

Crabs 2021 is loaded with holdbacks, not quite as many as the 2020 team but loaded non the less. This is the way they operate and as teams get older, the more holdbacks. [lacrosse], their 2022 team even has holdbacks, that is truly pathetic, 2022 is for kids 11 and 12 years old, yet Crabs even has a few holdbacks on that team.
The entire operation is pure sh*t, led by the most disgusting man in youth lacrosse. Yet Ryan McClernan still has the nerve to show his face at games and feels he is the greatest. Yes, he is the greatest, the greatest at destroying youth lacrosse, simply for his distorted ego and money. Now the Crab faithful will come on here and start their usual pushback and denials. Just wait for it.

So what exactly is the cutoff to be "loaded" with holdbacks?

In terms of 2022, there are no holdbacks. There are kids that went to prefirst. I know for a fact that FCA 2022 has more than Crabs. Looneys has prefirst kids also. So does Roughriders.

But again, I don't know how many makes you "loaded" with holdbacks. I'm sure the number is somewhere between how many Crabs has at any age and how many the other clubs have so you can throw insults around at hard working kids and dedicated parents and coaches. Hope you are happy with your life. Loser.

In terms of 2022, there are no holdbacks. There are kids that went to prefirst. I know for a fact that FCA 2022 has more than Crabs. Looneys has prefirst kids also. So does Roughriders.

But again, I don't know how many makes you "loaded" with holdbacks. I'm sure the number is somewhere between how many Crabs has at any age and how many the other clubs have so you can throw insults around at hard working kids and dedicated parents and coaches. Hope you are happy with your life. Loser.

Wow, I just read the original posters post and then your reply and it seems that person hit it on the head. Wait for the Crab faithful to start their pushback etc. and here it is, just as predicted. And you call that person a loser? Seems you are not happy with your life and find the need to toss insults around because you were called out. I know of Crabs and how they handle things and it seems the original post was correct. Deflect to other clubs etc. to get it away from Crabs. Dedicated coaches and parents? Really, with Crabs, not on your life. How pathetic.
I heard the Wolfpack/Koppers game was a good one tonight. Apparently WP had a 5-0 lead at the half. Looks like they could not hold on...10-8 Koopers

A prefirst is a kindergarten child not moving up to First grade, It may be due to school holding him back or a parent holding him back, etc..but it is a child heldback !! There is nothing wrong with holding your child back, even to get a edge in school one day, But YOUTH sports is not the place to get your advantage. It is wrong on so many levels with youth sports
3D Mid Atlantic Sucks
3D Mid Atlantic are not very good. Wouldn't pay the money to play on that team.
Prediction...After the GT 2021 team graduates...The club folds...Horrible Club...Useless parents...Much love signed Koopers Dad
Wow...Another spam email from Hogan...They are looking for crappy teams from PA and New Jersey so the can make their Hawks teams look better than they are...
Ha so true...Hershey Champs not looking so good on a Club website anymore.
3D Mid Atlantic are not very good. Wouldn't pay the money to play on that team.
I guess bad press is good press. Who is 3d?
Bethesda 2021...best around..no doubt

OK. Best other than the Hawks team you lost to? And the Crabs team you will most likely lose to? And the Koopers team you will probably lose to?
Bitmore over Koopers today 15-8.

The BitLess parents and directors will probably send the tape to the Hall of Fame!!!
Great game.Much respect for both teams..Great players and coaches
Funny, no mention of Bitmore losing to Club Blue yesterday...guess the trolls only come out when they win.
Pretty decisive win by GT over Hawks yesterday. Those are two teams I respect. Any game report?
Stayed to watch the game, GT won almost every faceoff and #7 from GT either scored or assisted every goal. Good game by both teams. Faceoffs!!!
Funny, no mention of Bitmore losing to Club Blue yesterday...guess the trolls only come out when they win.

I heard the Hall of Fame appearance for that great team after they won Saturday worw them out. That team is special ya know.
G.T. dominated at the dot. Very nice faceoff guy, he won 90% of draws. #7 scored almost all the goals, Hawks lock that "young man" off and they could have had a game....but they didn't!

Rough Weekend for Koopers 2021. What's going on with this Club??

G.T. dominated at the dot. Very nice faceoff guy, he won 90% of draws. #7 scored almost all the goals, Hawks lock that "young man" off and they could have had a game....but they didn't!

I know it's hard Green Turtle Dad to not get to full of yourself a few games into the season.. If you have ever witnessed this team loose it's quite entertaining. Their parents and photographers flip out and start questioning parents from opposing teams about the age of their children...Hilarious... The top 5 or 6 teams in the 2021 Elite group all have great players and any team can win or loose on a given day....I say this based on the close scores....Don't go getting your championship T-shirts printed yet....

The BitLess parents and directors will probably send the tape to the Hall of Fame!!!
Funny Koopers Dad... Are you the Koopers Dad that acts like a professional wrestler on the sideline?..If you are keep doing what you are doing...Makes for fun people watching..

Funny Koopers Dad... Are you the Koopers Dad that acts like a professional wrestler on the sideline?..If you are keep doing what you are doing...Makes for fun people watching..
Ha...Seen that guy many times...It's as entertaining as watching a [lacrosse] eat a carmel apple

There parents have all gone radio silent from their rude posts....Thank God...Maybe we can have some good content now...

There parents have all gone radio silent from their rude posts....Thank God...Maybe we can have some good content now...

Getting smoked twice in one weekend will do that.

and they got smoked 9-1 by Greene turtle last night. Did they lose kids?

Looking at the schedule, they might not win any other games at HOCO or MYPLL. Thank God they are going to Denver..... Maybe they will win out there

Most likely a post coming to blame holdbacks...Wait for it....Wait for it.....Or it must be Crabs fault or they Hate Bitmore for some unknown reason....Wait for it...

Most likely a post coming to blame holdbacks...Wait for it....Wait for it.....Or it must be Crabs fault or they Hate Bitmore for some unknown reason....Wait for it...

Crabs 2021 has the 6th grade goalie playing up right now as their goalie broke his hand. Still beat Koopers by 10.

They must have lost some kids or something as they beat GT twice last month. Or maybe the fact that most of their best players are actually 2022s is catching up with them. Might be time for those kids to play on grade.

Crabs 2021 has the 6th grade goalie playing up right now as their goalie broke his hand. Still beat Koopers by 10.

They must have lost some kids or something as they beat GT twice last month. Or maybe the fact that most of their best players are actually 2022s is catching up with them. Might be time for those kids to play on grade.
Huh...Kids on age as a 7th grader but play down a grade lever..That would be cheating.....Ohh the shame

apparently they had some outside help beating GT

Huh...Kids on age as a 7th grader but play down a grade lever..That would be cheating.....Ohh the shame[/quote]

Think you misread that. Most of the best kids on Koopers 7th grade team are in 6th grade and they are playing up. The club owners son is a 7th grader so of course he wants his son to be the best.

Yeah, they might be more successful if they "dropped" back to 2022 and were a year older than everyone else. To their credit, they are playing to their age not credit. Don't find many doing that these days

"Crabs 2021 has the 6th grade goalie playing up right now as their goalie broke his hand. Still beat Koopers by 10".

Goalie may be in the 6th grade but the D Poles in front of the 6th grader should be in high school!!!
"Crabs 2021 has the 6th grade goalie playing up right now as their goalie broke his hand. Still beat Koopers by 10".

Goalie may be in the 6th grade but the D Poles in front of the 6th grader should be in high school!!!

Completely false. Stop making up lies. There is no kid on Crabs 2021 old enough to be in HS. Find another excuse
Comical how folks dig on the biggest and badass teams out there, pompous crowd, I watched many teams play throughout the year and have seen all of these afore mentioned clubs play that are referenced on this forum and others. The kids are good and you all should be proud of the fact that they are. The better clubs are just that, good at providing practices and player improvement. If your bitching then it's obvious...your kid is not that good, again your kid is not that good. If they are talented and driven then the best clubs with top notch coaching and resources to make them better will find them and they will make those teams. That's the honest truth. At the next level many of the best kids do work hard to get to it doesn't matter if your a year or two older or younger...if you can flat out play...coaches and best teams are going to find you. I have done the research and this 2021 class (Maryland) amongst all the teams appears to be legit, safe to say you are seeing 2002 aged born kids and or younger on these clubs. (Unfortunately Crabs included) Seems pretty inline with future plans with regards to age and grade alignment (2020/2001-00, 2021/2002-03.....what for it...what for it...and No Crabs, FCA, Loonies, Koopers loyalist here....mic drop
Still confused about playoff schedules for HOCO...How many teams will be playing for the championship...I hear top 4...Some say top 6???? So confused.... Also are schedules coming out for the Mypll Saturday playoffs?
Still confused about playoff schedules for HOCO...How many teams will be playing for the championship...I hear top 4...Some say top 6???? So confused.... Also are schedules coming out for the Mypll Saturday playoffs?

top 4 teams in each group play semi final and the championship. If group has odd # of teams the #4 and #5 have play-in Friday to choose 4 seed. All other teams play 1 seeded game.
Blah Blah Blah....coming from an Expert in youth lacrosse....which club dad coach are you? Justifying the holdbacks?

2021 Elite: 4 teams
2021 AA: 4 teams
2021 A: 5 teams (4 and 5 seed will play a play-in game Friday night)
2021 B: 4 teams

Cool Thanks...2021 Elite could get messy with the possibility of a few ties...Gonna be some 5th teams pretty disappointed depending on what happens this weekend

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

email from Hoco. If you are on a team in the league, check with the director or coach, they probably received it. It has the tie breakers too. The tie breakers might really catch people off guard. I haven't seen one like their's before(wins of opponents before goals against for instance)
Did Koopers play Bethesda last night? Score??
Did Koopers play Bethesda last night? Score??
Koopers lost again...10-3 to Bethesda.....
Potentially a 4 way tie in the 2021 division.....Koopers, Club blue, Hawks, Bitmore all need wins this weekend.....My thoughts is that all of these teams will be 3-3 after the weekend.....tough tie breaker to make the semi's
Potentially a 4 way tie in the 2021 division.....Koopers, Club blue, Hawks, Bitmore all need wins this weekend.....My thoughts is that all of these teams will be 3-3 after the weekend.....tough tie breaker to make the semi's

Doesn't really matter. Not like any of them can beat crabs

That is true. They have beat every team by 10-15 goals except GT..That was by 3.. Of course we all know why..

That is true. They have beat every team by 10-15 goals except GT..That was by 3.. Of course we all know why..
No one cares....Keeping making up excuses....Not a Crabs Dad....Tired of the God Damn Babies on the site... Go [lacrosse] in your hat

No one cares....Keeping making up excuses....Not a Crabs Dad....Tired of the God Damn Babies on the site... Go [lacrosse] in your hat

Yea ..You are a holdback Dad...

Yeah we know why. Because their 7th graders are better than the other 7th graders. Therefore, they are the best 7th grade team.

Yeah we know why. Because their 7th graders are better than the other 7th graders. Therefore, they are the best 7th grade team.
Love how people come on here and pretend to be Crabs parents by posting this bull [lacrosse]....No Crabs parent would ever be so bold and disrespectful....[lacrosse] off whoever wrote the Crabs comment

Love how people come on here and pretend to be Crabs parents by posting this bull [lacrosse]....No Crabs parent would ever be so bold and disrespectful....[lacrosse] off whoever wrote the Crabs comment

Crabs 2021 has more holdbacks that any other 2021 team in HOCO and I know this for a fact. So Crab dad, STFU. And, Crab parents are disrespectful wherever they are, here, at games anywhere, I have been around them too many times. Must get it from Ryan's rulebook of BS.
GT and Bitmore advance to the MYPLL championship

Bitmore 9. Koopers 8
GT 8' Rough Riders 6

Good games and hard play by all.
What are the playoff matchups for 2021? When and where?
Last year the first playoff game was in the morning and then the SHIP game later that day. Same day. This Elite bracket has been on Sunday morning typically. Cant see HOCO changing much
Bethesda is back!
$300 umbrellas must be scaring off the opponents

GT didnt have DELETED. Sad to hear he got hurt and couldnt play.
GT very ordinary with out the DELETED
GT very ordinary with out the DELETED

It's just nice to hear people complaining about a position other than Fogo being the difference maker in a game. Defenses can double team and face guard the dominate turtle and make the rest of the team beat them - then you'll see how average the rest of the team is.
dominate is "code" for holdback I guess
dominate is "code" for holdback I guess

Dominate is a verb. Dominant may be the word you goofs are looking for.
This kid is definitely not a holdback. Know him well.
Ok. My mistake he did "pre-first"
Ok. My mistake he did "pre-first"

If it is the really good player..He is neither prefirst or heldback..He is just a good on age kid. Which this league has plenty of. Problem is the top teams have plenty of holdbacks to.
GT vs Bitmore 8-6 MYPLL championship. Koodos to GT on the win....An absolute great game with great parents on both sides....Bitmore 2021 made great improvements this year and obviously proved they can play with anyone........GT kids legit and a force......
Hoco semis GT lost to Bethesda and crabs beat Hawks

Crab beat Bethesda in final
Hoco semis GT lost to Bethesda and crabs beat Hawks

Crab beat Bethesda in final

Just goes to show that sometimes Crabs gets a win with their holdbacks. Now will just wait and see how many Crabs 2020 drop down to the 2021 team.
Again. I don't mind my on age son playing against these true 2019/2020 Crabs. It makes him better. But. I sure would like to see the true outcome of a game with an even playing field though.
What do you have to say now?
Cesspools and slimeballs....Blah blah blah
Chesapeake Storm win the Salisbury Summer Faceoff!

Was the Purdue family there with all the chickens, ready to feed everyone, a real Eastern Shore tradition.
Be proud of that one.... That is huge beating the lacrosse power houses of the infamous Falcons and and always Eastern shores finest Dark Horse.....Put that trophy high on the mantel....One to be cherished....Good Grief...Boring
2021 Crabs. Come on......how old are these "kids". What a disgrace. Are there any ethics in youth sports anymore?
Okay angry parent who just went 1-2. Try again next season ... sore loser... its not always about all the conglomerate of best players on one team... you need to have a connection amongst the players which certainly isn't the case for your team.

quote=Anonymous]2021 Crabs. Come on......how old are these "kids". What a disgrace. Are there any ethics in youth sports anymore?
[/quote]
Okay angry parent who just went 1-2. Try again next season ... sore loser... its not always about all the conglomerate of best players on one team... you need to have a connection amongst the players which certainly isn't the case for your team.

Haha......not angry. Simply amused. See you in Denver.

quote=Anonymous]2021 Crabs. Come on......how old are these "kids". What a disgrace. Are there any ethics in youth sports anymore?
[/quote]
Some parents were complaining all game. If I were a those parents I would get used to these outcomes. Stop telling everyone you're the best because right now it's not the case and people are figuring that out.

I guess it will be a quiet Facebook night.
2021- NLF - Bethesda 8 crabs 5 in semis.

What happened to the mighty 91 Blaze Team. Seems that they cannot compete with the better teams. I have watched them play and I agree with the original poster, too many "ME" players and issues and no team chemistry. It gets very old, VERY QUICK, when you declare you are the best and cant back it up! Lacrosse is a TEAM game folks, they will never succeed.
To Many "ME ME" players and too many "MY SON MY SON" parents , yes you may have great skilled players!! but unfortunate not enough Lax IQ amongst the "TEAM" .Like it or not Way to many swollen heads all across the board sporting the apparel and looking for respect without proving their existence . Cut those out and play the game like a team and you will compete against the real competition . One other thing, Stop going around saying your not worried about IGLOO , you will never compete against them , especially without the 4 golden players.

What happened to the mighty 91 Blaze Team. Seems that they cannot compete with the better teams. I have watched them play and I agree with the original poster, too many "ME" players and issues and no team chemistry. It gets very old, VERY QUICK, when you declare you are the best and cant back it up! Lacrosse is a TEAM game folks, they will never succeed.
To Many "ME ME" players and too many "MY SON MY SON" parents , yes you may have great skilled players!! but unfortunate not enough Lax IQ amongst the "TEAM" .Like it or not Way to many swollen heads all across the board sporting the apparel and looking for respect without proving their existence . Cut those out and play the game like a team and you will compete against the real competition . One other thing, Stop going around saying your not worried about IGLOO , you will never compete against them , especially without the 4 golden players.

Trouble in Paradise!!!!!If you look closer and analyze the TEAM. They actually had a (-)NEGATIVE goal differential after 3 games. Outplayed on both sides of the ball. There is no TEAM balance.

Trouble in Paradise!!!!!If you look closer and analyze the TEAM. They actually had a (-)NEGATIVE goal differential after 3 games. Outplayed on both sides of the ball. There is no TEAM balance.

Wolfpack attitude, jump on them when they are down. You give those kids a little more time and they will find the chemistry. Yes they are the giant self proclaimed greatest club but I know a few of those kids and they are good kids. I hope they stay together, they will be something to watch in a couple of years. Ok let the onslaught begin.
Yes most of the kids are skilled, but their skill is overshadowed by the "ME ME" attitudes coming from the toxic parents. I personally don't know many of them but the ones that talk are talking I hear and this weekend was not good. They better clean it up before Denver or else its gonna be an embarrassment especially coming off of last year's dominance. I feel bad for the Head Coach because I truly feel he is a great guy but he always tries to please everyone and people take advantage. The people calling the shots now are the real clowns. The program lost their way and its not about the kids anymore. Get rid of the ego's and go back to making it fun and getting it done. TEAM FIRST!!

Its never too late to start again.
Yes most of the kids are skilled, but their skill is overshadowed by the "ME ME" attitudes coming from the toxic parents. I personally don't know many of them but the ones that talk are talking I hear and this weekend was not good. They better clean it up before Denver or else its gonna be an embarrassment especially coming off of last year's dominance. I feel bad for the Head Coach because I truly feel he is a great guy but he always tries to please everyone and people take advantage. The people calling the shots now are the real clowns. The program lost their way and its not about the kids anymore. Get rid of the ego's and go back to making it fun and getting it done. TEAM FIRST!!

The previous post sounds very mysterious. Sounds like its someone from the "inside", on the team, secretly explaining how many feel. Heads-up! Could be the beginning of the end. Watch your back everyone!
Does it matter?
Bethesda is going to just crush everyone this summer
Does it matter?
I smell a turd. Go put you Dad's computer back
Does it matter?

Sweet where are all those boys going to play next summer. That team should bring a good mix of talent to the big clubs when all the boys leave this Rec team to play for the big boys.
And if its from the inside ? I would say that is what some other parents are feeling as well!! I can mention that some of those parents are having regrets from jumping established teams , or having other opportunities for their son to play elsewhere in a better atmosphere. You can get better effects with some lesser skilled players then when you have a team full of egos that will never go away , its bound to give everyone second thoughts of "why are we here ?" and "What do we do" ? Track record for many of those players or parents should be a tell tale sign of TOXIC.

The previous post sounds very mysterious. Sounds like its someone from the "inside", on the team, secretly explaining how many feel. Heads-up! Could be the beginning of the end. Watch your back everyone!
Does it matter?

Sweet where are all those boys going to play next summer. That team should bring a good mix of talent to the big clubs when all the boys leave this Rec team to play for the big boys.

price is 50% of what the "big boys" are charging and the teams is better
When its time for HS, the boys will just take over the roster spots that are being kept warm by the current playes
How did Kooper's win Beach Lax? They lost their last 4 games in MPLL and did not even make playoff in HoCo league? Did they add guest players for summer?
Who won Beach Lax?
Who won Beach Lax?

Koopers over Greene Turtle 6-4 in championship.

Koppers and Greene Turtle beat most all other teams by at least 4 points. FCA gave Koopers the best game but lost 9-8. (Other teams present - Bitmore, Diamondbacks, Looneys, Club Blue, PA RoughRiders.

Who won Beach Lax?

Koppers and Greene Turtle beat most all other teams by at least 4 points. FCA gave Koopers the best game but lost 9-8. (Other teams present - Bitmore, Diamondbacks, Looneys, Club Blue, PA RoughRiders.

This is not the best line up ever but this must of been a very good tournament. Respect to beach lax for having such a good line up of teams show up.
Greene Turtle beats Hawks in championship 7-3 a day after losing to them 6-4.

No one cares....Another pompous Greene Turtle parent tooting their own horn...Play in a good tournament and then you can talk about your terrible organization

No one cares....Another pompous Greene Turtle parent tooting their own horn...Play in a good tournament and then you can talk about your terrible organization

And what, Mr Sh*thead, is the organization you are associated with? Seem pretty quick to trash talk. Oh wait, could it be Hawks???
Why would you just randomly say it's the Hawks? That makes absolutely no sense.
Who won Beach Lax?

Bitmore deserved to win....poor officiating was the reason they lost...this team deserved better.
Who won Beach Lax?

Bitmore deserved to win....poor officiating was the reason they lost...this team deserved better.

Poor officiating might explain an OT loss or even a goal or two, but Bitmore lost 11-4.
Score I read was 11-4. Sounds like a lot more than poor officiating to me...

[/quote] Bitmore deserved to win....poor officiating was the reason they lost...this team deserved better. [/quote]
Who won Beach Lax?

Stop starting nonsense...No one from any team would claim poor officiating was the result of a 11-4 loss....You big dummy
Score I read was 11-4. Sounds like a lot more than poor officiating to me...

Bitmore deserved to win....poor officiating was the reason they lost...this team deserved better. [/quote] [/quote] How can you even think that comment is real...You are as dumb as the original poster...Clearly someone trying to start something and has issue with Bitmore
Seemed like Lax Factory had some help this weekend at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament....
Seemed like Lax Factory had some help this weekend at the Maryland Lacrosse Tournament....
How does their 2021AA team absolutely embarrass the Hawks 2012 Elite team??? Something fishy going on....
They used their World Series of Youth Lacrosse team in this tourney. WSOYL had a 5/1 age cutoff and they had a few really good 2020 players drop to their 2021 team for the qualifier and this tourney. Probably about 5 kids.
They used their World Series of Youth Lacrosse team in this tourney. WSOYL had a 5/1 age cutoff and they had a few really good 2020 players drop to their 2021 team for the qualifier and this tourney. Probably about 5 kids.

Uhhh, no we didn't... just a great group of on-age kids (no holdbacks) that have bought into what the coaches have been selling, have worked really hard this spring and early summer, and are peaking at the right time.

For WSYL, yes... a few 2020 kids that are age-eligible for that tournament (that number is probably about right). But not this past weekend.
Why is that OK for them to put these kids in a 7th grade bracket? Complete nonsense
There are no rules to this game anymore. Teams play with whoever they want. It doesn't matter their age or grade. You now have several 8th and 9th graders who say they are going to do a PG year AFTER hs graduation so they play down a year. Literally it is like the Wild West.
Big asterisk on Lax Factories win at the Maryland Lacrosse tournament. Shame on them
I'm surprised any Maryland 2020 teams would have any kids born after 5/1/02 . . .
Those kids are tiny and have been playing up on the lax factory 2020
Those tiny 8th grade kids were definitely a factor in this weekends games.....I believe at one point you guys were beating the Hawks 2021 Elite team 6-0...That does not just happen overnight...You guys cheated and brought in some players from your 2020 team....Very dishonest LaX Factory...How can you be a parent on that team and be OK with that????I hope word gets out about your shady organization
Those tiny 8th grade kids were definitely a factor in this weekends games.....I believe at one point you guys were beating the Hawks 2021 Elite team 6-0...That does not just happen overnight...You guys cheated and brought in some players from your 2020 team....Very dishonest LaX Factory...How can you be a parent on that team and be OK with that????I hope word gets out about your shady organization

The Lax Factory 2020 team was at Crabfeast this weekend so I dont think they had a bunch of 8th graders with the 2021s this weekend. The kids on the 2021 have played together for many years are good players and are hitting their growth spurt. The Hawks just got schooled by a better team. Deal with it.
Either way, most teams have a few holdbacks so it was probably an even playing field. Kudos to LF, good to have more quality competition.
There are 4 lax factory 7th graders (2021's) playing up on the weak 2020 team. Two are twins. None of the 4 are big or dominant. They are playing with the 2021's on age for the World Series of lacrosse

The Lax Factory 2020 team was at Crabfeast this weekend so I dont think they had a bunch of 8th graders with the 2021s this weekend. The kids on the 2021 have played together for many years are good players and are hitting their growth spurt. The Hawks just got schooled by a better team. Deal with it.

Speaks the truth. 8th graders were at Crabfeast, so sorry, these were all 7th graders. WSYL will have those age-eligible 2020 kids.

The Hawks made a game of it once they realized they had a game. They just got too deep in a hole and couldn't climb out.

LF came on strong towards the end of spring and convincingly won the HoCo 2021AA tournament, so they should be competitive with the middle of the Elite division. And I think they demonstrated that this weekend.
It was a 1 goal game at the end.

Shame on the Hawks for not taking Lax Fax seriously.

Although I still don't believe that "all the sudden" L.F. found their inner zin. I get a slow transformation but to show up one weekend and beat elite teams......nope.

JMO

Although I still don't believe that "all the sudden" L.F. found their inner zin. I get a slow transformation but to show up one weekend and beat elite teams......nope.

JMO

Sorry but it is a ....Yes they did..

JMO

Add to it that they didn't even win the 'B' division at Beach Lax and it seems really hard to imagine there wasn't a little help this past weekend

The next excuse will be that players were hurt or missing from Beach Lax
Yeah....Not believing that Lax Fact all of a sudden had this "growth spurt" this week and beating the Hawks and Bitmore. They are not the strongest Elite teams but in the middle of the pack. Lax Fact did not blow either of these teams out but had 3 really good kids on that team that seemed to be out of place. There was a B bracket for 2021's as well. Lax Fact competed B all Spring and Summer. Why all of a sudden compete and win at A?...Not buying the Lax Fact parent arguments.....
It's unfortunate when youth sports teams cheat to win games. Almost always it's the adults involved.

What is also a pervasive problem is adults not allowing the kids to have accountability for losing. Time and time I hear at tournaments and read on this anonymous forum unfounded accusations of guest players, too old etc. Sometimes your kids don't play well and lose to a team not as talented. It happens to all team in all sports in all levels. I have no direct knowledge of or connection to the teams being discussed. But I can tell that it's all just speculation and to do so w/o putting your name to it just weak. Congrats Lax Factory 2021! When you get trashed on Back of the Cage it means your team is making a move in the right direction
Lax Fac 2021 got 4 kids from 2020. Those 4 are 7th graders and were playing up to a very marginal 2020 team that needed help even tho they are actually 2021's. 2 of the 4 are twins and look like 2021's (i.e. They are small) but have good skills. I see nothing wrong with that.
Lax Fac 2021 got 4 kids from 2020. Those 4 are 7th graders and were playing up to a very marginal 2020 team that needed help even tho they are actually 2021's. 2 of the 4 are twins and look like 2021's (i.e. They are small) but have good skills. I see nothing wrong with that.

Playing UP!!! Come on!! That is not the Maryland Lacrosse way. We play down here with our holdbacks! You obviously are not a private school parent or have any interest in an MIAA school. Holdbacka are the rule of law in the MIAA!

This is not quite true... those four kids are 8th graders (though they're on the young side and meet the WSYL age cutoff).

Those four kids did NOT play with 2021 at MD Invitational... they were playing with 2020 at Crab Feast. And there were no other new players or other ringers. Same team that played together in the HoCo 2021AA regular season, same team that won 2021AA HoCo tournament. And, yes, same team that lost in the Beach Lax A semis. Whether people want to believe it or not, that's the truth. 100%. Anything you hear to the contrary is probably the grumbling of bitter parents or coaches.

For those of you that think LF was cheating because they apparently made a "sudden transformation" and didn't do well at Beach Lax, let me remind you... these are kids. Sometimes they can really pull it together, and sometimes they completely lose it. It has been a steady trajectory up through the spring, with a few hitches now and then. This past weekend they really pulled it together.

They lost in the Beach Lax semis because they didn't play very well that game. No excuse. Particularly in one area of the game the other team was able to exploit a matchup weakness. Plain and simple. Happens from time to time.

Quite honestly I think some of what happened this weekend is Hawks and Bitmore underestimated them. Not saying they'd win every time against teams of that caliber, but they're more competitive than given credit for.

This is not quite true... those four kids are 8th graders (though they're on the young side and meet the WSYL age cutoff).

Those four kids did NOT play with 2021 at MD Invitational... they were playing with 2020 at Crab Feast. And there were no other new players or other ringers. Same team that played together in the HoCo 2021AA regular season, same team that won 2021AA HoCo tournament. And, yes, same team that lost in the Beach Lax A semis. Whether people want to believe it or not, that's the truth. 100%. Anything you hear to the contrary is probably the grumbling of bitter parents or coaches.

For those of you that think LF was cheating because they apparently made a "sudden transformation" and didn't do well at Beach Lax, let me remind you... these are kids. Sometimes they can really pull it together, and sometimes they completely lose it. It has been a steady trajectory up through the spring, with a few hitches now and then. This past weekend they really pulled it together.

They lost in the Beach Lax semis because they didn't play very well that game. No excuse. Particularly in one area of the game the other team was able to exploit a matchup weakness. Plain and simple. Happens from time to time.

Quite honestly I think some of what happened this weekend is Hawks and Bitmore underestimated them. Not saying they'd win every time against teams of that caliber, but they're more competitive than given credit for.

My kid's team (which I think has actually played LF in a close game a few years ago) once got blown out - I mean just wiped out - at an 8am Saturday morning game. The kids pulled it together, advanced to the championship for a rematch and actually got a lead in the championship. Parents of teams they had beaten to advance and parents of the (host program's) team in the championship just went haywire accusing my kid's team of cheating by bringing in older players after the 8am game to a point -and this is absolutely true - that the tournament director came over and during gameplay accused the team of cheating and adding older kids. You could see him red-faced across the field yelling 10 feet from the kids. The host team scored 4 goals during this tirade before he walked away.

Anyway, these are kids and parents need to realize that sometimes one team will have a bad game and another team will have a great game, without thinking the referees are out to get their team or the other team is cheating. Come one, this is kids sports.* (*This is literally what the parent statskeeper said to that tournament director during his tirade, for which he was kicked off the sideline by him. Lacrosse - you can't make this stuff up!)
Epic novel you wrote...cheaters gotta cheat..keep writing your lies
Young gunz 2021 AA ?
Mesa over Icon in final 5-4. Icon at half had lead 2-1. Mesa has some very nice players face off/attackman/pole. They beat Hawks and Madlax national to get to the ship. Icon is very small but what an impressive group moving the ball. Their speed was to much for Crabs in semis. Crabs got frustrated in the end and lost focus a bit.
Area teams looked pretty good at the World Series - Surprising that Crabs and Hawks did not make a run at it.

Greene Turtle
3-2 – lost to T91 Blaze and Team Carolina

Bethesda
4-2 – Lost to Eclipse and Mad Dog

Koopers
4-1 – Lost to Bethesda

Lax Factory
2-3 – Lost to Leading Edge, Igloo, Mad Dog

3D Mid Atlantic
1-4 – Lost to Mad Dog, Igloo, Lax Factory, Leading Edge

Mesa over Icon in final 5-4. Icon at half had lead 2-1. Mesa has some very nice players face off/attackman/pole. They beat Hawks and Madlax national to get to the ship. Icon is very small but what an impressive group moving the ball. Their speed was to much for Crabs in semis. Crabs got frustrated in the end and lost focus a bit.

Also making playoffs: express, freedom, Hawks, Madlax and true.
Where can I find game results for WSYL? Looked all over last night?
I hope your a kid.
1.Type in World Series youth lacrosse

2 go to event info

3. Championship schedule will give you all results

http://www.worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/Championship-Schedule.aspx
icon lost all of their energy from beating the crabs, which influenced them to loose against mesa. Although icon had many chances due to faceoffs, but they could not convert on their chances. They deserved to win the young gunz tournament.
icon lost all of their energy from beating the crabs, which influenced them to loose against mesa. Although icon had many chances due to faceoffs, but they could not convert on their chances. They deserved to win the young gunz tournament.

Crab parent here and Icon played faster and harder than us and were impressive.

Funny thing happened on the field before our game against Icon. There was a 2021 lower division game between API and VLC. API had two teams at Young Guns, and we crushed their AA team in our division. But in the game before us, some of their API AA kids were playing on their A team. We already knew some of the kids and recognized a few others from our game the day before.

That's pretty weak to move kids down to win a game. I looked it up and the API A team lost by 10 goals on the first day and then won this game because of the help of those kids.

Add API to the list of clubs that cheat to win a meaningless summer game.
"icon lost all of their energy from beating the crabs, which influenced them to loose against mesa. Although icon had many chances due to faceoffs, but they could not convert on their chances. They deserved to win the young gunz tournament."

Comical. God forbid a L.I. Team lost. Humility. Look it up you clown. Mesa played the same amount of games as Icon. Icon deserved 2nd place.
I heard that at last week's Bay Bridge Brawl, there was a bench clearing fight between FCA 2021 and Wolfpack 2021...Anyone have the details?
Icon parent here, Mesa won. Congrats. Our LI boys are legit 2003 kids and we are proud of our boys. We often play vs. whatever age these tournaments throw at us. No sour grapes. Can't win them all , but when age, puberty , size = level field. I think the people who have played us know what's coming. Good luck to all the rest of the summer.
Icon parent here, Mesa won. Congrats. Our LI boys are legit 2003 kids and we are proud of our boys. We often play vs. whatever age these tournaments throw at us. No sour grapes. Can't win them all , but when age, puberty , size = level field. I think the people who have played us know what's coming. Good luck to all the rest of the summer.

I think the WSYL championship showed that a few months matter. Sounds like, though, ICON had a great win over Crabs.

Crab parent here and Icon played faster and harder than us and were impressive.

Funny thing happened on the field before our game against Icon. There was a 2021 lower division game between API and VLC. API had two teams at Young Guns, and we crushed their AA team in our division. But in the game before us, some of their API AA kids were playing on their A team. We already knew some of the kids and recognized a few others from our game the day before.

That's pretty weak to move kids down to win a game. I looked it up and the API A team lost by 10 goals on the first day and then won this game because of the help of those kids.

Add API to the list of clubs that cheat to win a meaningless summer game.
. Hey Crab dad, what are you talking about. CrBs cheats all season including summit tournaments. Your 2020 and 2021 teams are loaded with holdbacks, you know it and so does everyone else in youth lacrosse. Stop pointing fingers and take a long look at your leader Ryan M and all the Crab parents/fans and how disgraceful and pathetic the Crabs organization is.
No fight, just a few questionable calls which referee could not clearly articulate to sidelines which led to delay in game. No benches cleared, just a lot of penalties in a 10 minute span. Both are solid programs.
Please provide numbers with your accusation. Maybe just maybe the Virginia Crabs were way over confidant and looking past the game. The coaches certainly were
Not a Crab parent, but unless a tournament specifically is aged based, no rule is broken if a team has holdbacks. Almost every team has holdbacks now, so it doesn't matter to us. I just want my son to have fun and improve, so I don't care if we lose a game. I guess that makes me different that most parents.

But moving kids from one roster to another? That is definitely shady.
MD Parent-IMO:

Icon is very good. Small but talented and well coached. Mesa has some nice pieces as well.

Also. No more BS about MD Holdbacks. Why? Because Legacy (Long Island) which won the WSYL a 7th grade tournament with 8th graders. All of their scoring came from 8th grade players. Legacy (Long Island) took advantage of the written rules (just like they accuse MD parents/players of doing every year) to game the on age Igloo. Igloo a very good and well coached true 7th grade team was out muscled by 8th grade players. Dominating players on Legacy (LONG ISLAND, NY) were their 8th graders. Hypocrites!!!!!

Legacy (Long Island, NY) same as Crabs.
MD Parent-IMO:

Icon is very good. Small but talented and well coached. Mesa has some nice pieces as well.

Also. No more BS about MD Holdbacks. Why? Because Legacy (Long Island) which won the WSYL a 7th grade tournament with 8th graders. All of their scoring came from 8th grade players. Legacy (Long Island) took advantage of the written rules (just like they accuse MD parents/players of doing every year) to game the on age Igloo. Igloo a very good and well coached true 7th grade team was out muscled by 8th grade players. Dominating players on Legacy (LONG ISLAND, NY) were their 8th graders. Hypocrites!!!!!

It wasn't a 7th grade tournament. The age based rules keep it fair so holdbacks can't hide in a 2021 grad year like Igloo has and pretend they are younger.
Leg. winning WSYL team top 3 leading scorers all 8th grade "guest players" from the 2020 Taz team. Won't play this weekend or ever again with 2021 Leg

Classless. Real roster of 21's watched the entire tournament. I bet they had a great time in Denver.......watching.

Leg. winning WSYL team top 3 leading scorers all 8th grade "guest players" from the 2020 Taz team. Won't play this weekend or ever again with 2021 Leg

Classless. Real roster of 21's watched the entire tournament. I bet they had a great time in Denver.......watching.

Well those kids who watched can come back next year and quest play and win.

There were no "guest players". This was a special team for wsyl. Get your facts straight. All the players played. That's what is so great about the Leg coach.
"Special team" = Guest Players........laughing. Not spring/summer roster now that's a FACT.

The rosters 21s enjoy watching........sad.
"Special team" = Guest Players........laughing. Not spring/summer roster now that's a FACT.

The rosters 21s enjoy watching........sad.

It was a wsyl team, everyone played and they WON! Igloo's best middie is '02 birthday aka holdback so go pretend he is younger and not a HOLDBACK trying to dominate in '21.
MD Parent-IMO:

You are too Funny! There is a HUGE difference in letting a select group of kids play down ( GRADE BASE ) due to being heldback... and a tournament that is AGE BASED that allows 7th and 8th graders without any restrictions beside being born after May 1.
Any team could have the same age players as Legacy. Many decided it seemed to go with their mostly U13 team. Legacy looks like they went out and got a bunch of older players. While I do think the age cutoff is stupid (May 1). It is differently available to any one within that May 1 cutoff. Cut off should be in line with USL guidelines.
No argument reference your point 8th grade could participate. My point is the usual roster of players for Legacy was not the players who played/dominated WSYL. Legacy decided to "follow the written rules" and bring in 8th grade kids who aren't part of the spring/summer team because they could. Meanwhile the regular roster of players (spring/summer) watch. Same with MD holdbacks. They are following the "written rule". You see its the same thing. NY/MD/WSYL may have diff. rules but the teams are following 'the rules". But many L.I. people cry about holdbacks in MD. Why? They are following the "written rules"

Personally I think its all comical.
Pretty simple JS kid is a June birthday, so to make it look good they made cut off a month earlier. He will play in this event 3 TIMES.
Pretty simple JS kid is a June birthday, so to make it look good they made cut off a month earlier. He will play in this event 3 TIMES.

Right, the 5/1 cutoff was established for one player. Great argument.

Speaks the truth. 8th graders were at Crabfeast, so sorry, these were all 7th graders. WSYL will have those age-eligible 2020 kids.

The Hawks made a game of it once they realized they had a game. They just got too deep in a hole and couldn't climb out.

LF came on strong towards the end of spring and convincingly won the HoCo 2021AA tournament, so they should be competitive with the middle of the Elite division. And I think they demonstrated that this weekend.

LaxFactory entering their team in the 'B' division at fl$ this weekend.
What happened to competing with the Elite Division?

They must be short of the older players they brought in for WSYL and the Maryland Lacrosse tournament. Maybe in that short amount of time from when they peaked, they have regressed terribly....
That's a very sharp peak. Total clowns
Little league world series is 5/1 thats there model enough with all that it is what it is ...i dont agree it should conform to US lacrosse but it doesn't
like us lacrosse has a standard? cmon us lacrosse hasn't done crap for this sport. why would they use them as their model 5/1 is fine

They must be short of the older players they brought in for WSYL and the Maryland Lacrosse tournament. Maybe in that short amount of time from when they peaked, they have regressed terribly....

Wasn't our choice... we asked to get moved up, and we have been...
Season Ending Top 10 anyone (MD and/or National)?

Any changes since the end of the Hoco Season? Guest players making an impact? Where do the LI teams fit in? Any other teams in the US deserve to be on the list?

HoCo Standings final-
1. Crabs
2. Bethesda Blue
3. Greene Turtle
4. Hawks Green
5. Kooper's
6. Club Blue
7. Bitmore
8. Madlax - Capital
9. Looney's - Orange
10. FCA
1. Crabs
2. Green Turtle
3. BLC
4. Hawks
5. Bitmore
6. Koopers
7. Club Blue
8. Looney's
9. Chesapeake Storm
National Top Ten of 2021s (my thoughts only)...but any of these teams are close enough to beat any team on this list on any given day.

1. Igloo BI
2. Team 88+3, Blaze (no crush players)
3. Crabs
4. LI Express
5. Team Carolina
6. Mesa Orange
7. Bethesda (BLC)
8. Green Turtle
9. Hawks
10. Koopers
National Top Ten of 2021s (my thoughts only)...but any of these teams are close enough to beat any team on this list on any given day.

1. Igloo BI
3. Crabs
4. LI Express
5. Team Carolina
6. Mesa Orange
7. Bethesda (BLC)
8. Green Turtle
9. Hawks
10. Koopers

1. Igloo
2. Mad dog west
3. 88+3
4. Crabs
5. Team Carolina
6. BLC
7. Greene Turtle
8. Mesa
9. Icon
10.Koopers

1. Igloo BI
3. Crabs
4. LI Express
5. Team Carolina
6. Mesa Orange
7. Bethesda (BLC)
8. Green Turtle
9. Hawks
10. Koopers

Icon beat Crabs last two times they played, I would think you would have to put them ahead of Crabs. Shuffle further as you see fit, but Icon should be represented, and ahead of Crabs.

1. Igloo BI
3. Crabs
4. LI Express
5. Team Carolina
6. Mesa Orange
7. Bethesda (BLC)
8. Green Turtle
9. Hawks
10. Koopers

1. Igloo
2. Mad dog west
3. 88+3
4. Crabs
5. Team Carolina
6. BLC
7. Greene Turtle
8. Mesa
9. Icon
10.Koopers

So to up it to top 12, I think you'd keep Icon and Hawks and add in Eclipse.

1. Igloo BI
2. Blaze (no crush players)
3. Crabs
4. LI Express
5. Team Carolina
6. Mesa Orange
7. Bethesda (BLC)
8. Green Turtle
9. Hawks
10. Koopers

1. Igloo
2. Mad dog west
3. 91
4. Crabs
5. Team Carolina
6. BLC
7. Greene Turtle
8. Mesa
9. Icon
10.Koopers

So to up it to top 12, I think you'd keep Icon and Hawks and add in Eclipse.

Right, I forgot Eclipse. Great team. Definitely top ten.
1. Igloo
2. Eclipse
3. Crabs
4. 91
5. Icon
6. Mesa
7. Green Turtle
8. BLC
9. Hawks
10. Carolina
91, just beat up eclipse on Saturday.
91, just beat up eclipse on Saturday.

And Sunday
LI Express 2021 is between 14-16 on a good day!

91 15-3 over Express (Icon players included) at nlf.

all 35 of them!!
As Channy Stood there outcoached and all quiet arms crossed with disbelief as his dream team ends the season off with a kick in the gut.. Bet he made his used car salesmen phone calls already for next season so he can hold onto players once again for another year He may have even reached out to Blaze kids to get them back onto his broken promise organization .

91 15-3 over Express (Icon players included) at nlf.
Anyone gonna try out for new DC Express team?

Yes all the kids from the three teams combining to make this new team.
What 3 teams?

Any changes since the end of the Hoco Season? Guest players making an impact? Where do the LI teams fit in? Any other teams in the US deserve to be on the list?

HoCo Standings final-
1. Crabs
2. Bethesda Blue
3. Greene Turtle
4. Hawks Green
5. Kooper's
6. Club Blue
7. Bitmore
8. Madlax - Capital
9. Looney's - Orange
10. FCA
Sure...But the margin of who is better is really small considering a lot of the teams in the middle and end of the pack have exchanged wins and losses all year long... Youth lacrosse rankings sometimes not as clear as some would think...If you are looking to pound your chest and say that your kids is on the best team....You may never find out that answer
What 3 teams?

Person pobably ment Bethesda A and B 2021 teams and Performance 2021 summer team which was mostly 2022 kids

I'd rather eat my own poop
I'd rather eat my own poop

Have they named coaches?

I can see the 2021 Bethesda coach moving up with the team but where would the other coaches come from?
Doesn't matter who they are because people on this forum will bash them no matter what because they hide behind the anonymity of the internet.
Doesn't matter who they are because people on this forum will bash them no matter what because they hide behind the anonymity of the internet.

The ignorant people will bash out of hand. I think most people just want to see who the coaches are as a way of evaluating the club.

I think it is a safe bet that Brian Megill, Ray Megill, Bobby Horsey, etc. will be among the coaches.

I know there are some recent college graduate lax players of high caliber that are thinking of joining as well.
With tryouts coming...Seem like a lot of players on the move...
With tryouts coming...Seem like a lot of players on the move...

Welcome to DMV travel lacrosse. 3 to 4 kids will come or go from all teams in the area every year. And the lower clubs will only lose 3 or 4 kids as you 2021s get older.
Why the big shake up at Hawks 2021... All new coaching staff?

Dad coaches moving out. Former high school and college coaches moving in.

Why the change? Parent revolt or just a mutual decision?

Why the change? Parent revolt or just a mutual decision?

I think it's just the hawks policy to allow dad coaches at the younger ages and bring in the professionals (and their connections) for the older ages.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum