BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
New Reply

Bold Italic Underline Strike-through   Fonts Font Size   Font Color Smilies   Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag   Quote Quote Quote List   Insert Link Insert Email Link   Quote Spoiler  
Post Icon
Post Options
HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.

CAPTCHA Verification

In Response To: "Re: Holiday Magic Charity Event - Tuesday, December 13th, 2011"
CageSage
CageSage
Reposted on behalf of Dave Kotowski and Team Elevate.

BOTC asks that if you enjoy reading our forums and have even a small amount to give, please do reach out to Dave and support the Holiday Magic efforts. Thank you in advance. Happy Holidays!

Sincerely, CageSage

Holiday Magic

To the entire Lacrosse Community,

For the last few years my family, my friends and our girls from Team Elevate have been working with Charlie Russo and his charity Holiday Magic.

The charity started out as a small way to take care of a few kids who needed help from Santa Claus many years ago. Last year, we delivered presents to over 7,500 homeless kids on Long Island. Yes, the number is correct – SEVEN THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED. The last few years have been very hard for so many and due to the economy, the homeless population on Long Island has skyrocketed.

The one important point I want everyone to know is that these are all really good kids who’s families are in a tough spot right now. These kids go to school and they see their classmates with things that any kid would want, but they can’t have it or afford it. So we ask these kids to write letters to Santa asking for specific gifts that they want. Some kids will ask for a computer or laptop. Other kids ask for boots, jeans or a coat. The little ones will ask for a bike or a Barbie doll. We do all that we can to make each of these children’s wishes come true and get them what they ask for.

I received the letters to Santa the day before Thanksgiving. I sat and cried while reading them. These kids need our help and I am asking for your help in any way you can. Here's how you can help:

1. Adopt a child: we will send you there wish list and you will go out and shop for the child and wrap the presents so they have something to open ($150-200 per child based on their age). We do have some requests for more expensive items like laptops, cameras, etc.

2. Donate Money: no amount is too small (or too big). We get ZERO government funding and we are an approved 501(c)3. Checks can be made payable to HOLIDAY MAGIC and sent to 300 South Oyster Bay Road Syosset, NY 11791.

3. Team Effort: get your youth lacrosse teams involved and collectively adopt an entire family or group of children. I can't tell you how much the kids love to help other kids in need and it makes a big difference in all of their lives. SPREAD THE WORD!

4. Wrapping: we always need help wrapping everything we buy and need volunteers.

5. Friends and Family: please forward this message to anyone you know that can help in any way.

6. Companies: If you have a connection to a company that can help us get great pricing on gifts, please let us know.

Team Elevate is hosting a party at one of the shelters we adopted on Tuesday December 13th, so we need everything done by the 12th at the latest

However you can help us, we appreciate anything you can do. Let us know.

On behalf of the children and the families we will be helping - THANK YOU!

Coach Kotowski
email: davekotowski@yahoo.com
work: 516-629-9061

p.s. COMMUNITY SERVICE HOURS are available for those who need them for school.