BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
New Reply

Bold Italic Underline Strike-through   Fonts Font Size   Font Color Smilies   Insert Image Link Insert Media Tag   Quote Quote Quote List   Insert Link Insert Email Link   Quote Spoiler  
Post Icon
Post Options
HTML is disabled.
UBBCode is enabled.

CAPTCHA Verification

In Response To: "Re: sometimes its NOT all about the kids"
EMTuKnowMe
EMTuKnowMe
My 2021 son is on a competitive B/B+ team. he received hi marks at all of his tryouts and chose his current team. Candidly I think it is the right level for him, he would not standout on a 91A or IglooA. A solid player nonetheless. Works hard, and rarely misses practice. He has a passion for the game. His first year of travel was last year playing for a C team, and he was the top scorer there.

A little past midyear this year, (and after all dues were paid), coach switches him from position he always plays to one that is relatively unfamiliar to him. He never really received instruction on how to play the new position, and he played nervously there. His game playing time decreased dramatically- one minute or less- not exaggerating. His game play was cold and nervous. I tried several times (no screaming, no attacking) talking to the coach about the situation, he is adverse to talking to parents. So I emailed a couple of times, and still no response.

I am not a complainer without reason for concern, and i respect that it is the coach's decision when and where to play his/her players. But I see my son's passion being drained out of him. He is discouraged, he is not learning, not developing. The coach doesnt care about my son, that is clear, and my son cannot continue playing for this team, that is clear too. Tryout evaluations are not an exact science of course. And a coach has to become familiar with his team. But this is really an extreme situation. If my son was good enough to make the team, he shouldnt be treated like this. I wish that the coach's decisions and evaluations about my son were made much earlier, so that he would have had the chance to play for another team. My only concern is my son in this situation.

I see many posts on BOTC about long island lacrosse being 'all about the kids' and I hope that the coaches and directors who have talked the talk about that can now walk the walk, and help my son find a place to play for the rest of the season. I would hate to see him lose his love for the game. He is really discouraged and disappointed. Who can blame him.

If anyone out there needs a solid B+ 2021 player, please PM me. I can provide references to his skill level, willing to try out, and money is not the issue. Willing to travel as well.

Thank you.