BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Thread Like Summary
HP2008
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Club Teams And Multisport Athletes #310218 09/22/2020 2:21 AM
by HP2008
HP2008
New to club lacrosse. Son typically plays PAL football from July to November. Season cancelled, decided to give club lacrosse a try. Only played PAL lacrosse outside a few different camps/clinics, but so far really likes it and is learning a lot.

Just curious how club teams go about accommodating multi sport athletes or if they even accommodate them at all. Football, wrestling, basketball - there are going to be conflicts, especially if you’re in season for those sports. Is it club by club? Or are you typically expected to be “all in”? Do clubs encourage participation in other sports?
Liked Replies
Re: Club Teams And Multisport Athletes #310246 Sep 22nd a 02:36 PM
by **DONOTDELETE**
**DONOTDELETE**
Originally Posted by HP2008
New to club lacrosse. Son typically plays PAL football from July to November. Season cancelled, decided to give club lacrosse a try. Only played PAL lacrosse outside a few different camps/clinics, but so far really likes it and is learning a lot.

Just curious how club teams go about accommodating multi sport athletes or if they even accommodate them at all. Football, wrestling, basketball - there are going to be conflicts, especially if you’re in season for those sports. Is it club by club? Or are you typically expected to be “all in”? Do clubs encourage participation in other sports?

We established a hierarchy. When we made the decision on club lax and the expense, that was moved up to 1. We communicate a lot with his other coaches and they and his lax coach knows it is #1. He plays 4 other sports in addition to club lax. The other sport coaches know he will be there for every single solitary thing as long as lax is not going on. (We will literally pull up to hoops still in lax gear and he changes on the court) At this point, since we communicate his schedule well in advance, all the other coaches are accepting if he misses time. With that said, if my son misses a week of basketball practice, then only plays 8 or 9 minutes in the game that weekend, I shut my mouth and don't ever say a word about playing time since they are so accommodating. On the off chance there is another sport where he has to go, for example, his team is missing a lot of players for something and would forfeit and he has lax, since we always make that #1, his lax coach doesn't mind us missing a practice if he has something else every once in a while. But the #1 key to being able to do this is communication. Be up front before you even tryout for other sports and gauge the coaches reaction. If I told his lax coach what I told his other coaches about not always being able to show up, he would tell me to go eat a big one and see you later. You have to feel out each coach. I hope this helped
1 member likes this