Originally Posted by Anonymous
STX essentially "told" on Cascade and Warrior when they released their Stallion. See this, published just 3 weeks ago: http://laxallstars.com/stx-lacrosse-helmet/

It reads to me not that STX "told" on Cascade, but rather manipulated results for its own gain. Remember, STX commissioned the tests on the Cascade and Warrior helmets at an independent lab. How independent is it? I'm willing to bet not so much.

STX teamed up with Schutt in the development of this helmet. We've heard the games played in the football helmet business and how concussion information has been surpressed. STX/Schutt can keep their helmet as far as I'm concerned.

...and "your helmet failed...but we are not releasing some of the test results on some of OUR helmets". Wonder why that is.
Article is a good read.
Think everyone just needs to take a breath here...

Thank you for this article. Whatever position or loyalty people have here, that article is fair and takes a grim position on STX's influences before the release of their helmet. On reflection I really am stunned if it is the case that Cascade and Warrior each have conducted contaminated quality testing, especially considering each use independent third party labs to do the ongoing testing of their products. Cascade has always been a very pro-active company on the safety front, and the article is fair to point out that Cascade originally FUNDED the NOCSAE study from which these standards are set. The Cascade R and the Warrior Regulator by their specs are certified conforming helmets. Neither is being made differently from the time they were originally tested to be certified.

So all in a day BOTH brands are running faulty quality testing at DIFFERENT independent labs (and in Cascade's instance two outside labs are used) and this SAME DAY is only days after STX/Shutt's flashy coming out? AND this SAME DAY is the start of the same week as the largest on-line retail week of the calendar year? I started thinking that once again the lacrosse brands have screwed up, and this negative press is well deserved. After reading that article I have a lot more restraint and am eyes wide open along with everyone else. What data were STX looking at, and what data were NOCSAE looking at and did this data conflict with other independent lab tests which passed the Cascade R and the Warrior Regulator? The consumer deserves to know. The FDA doesn't tell us a food is unsafe for no reason. NOCSAE needs to come out transparent on this now.

In other news, Lee Harvey Oswald killed Tupac. The Cubs just won their third World Series, and Ty Xanders is leaving lacrosse journalism to pursue a degree at Oxford on the Rhodes Scholarship.