2012 Preseason Boys Fab 50 High School Varsity Teams - New [lacrosse] Teams

Source : Preseason Boys Fab 50 Via ESPN/Powerade

St. Anthony's (#3)
St. Anthony's has won the CHSAA title in each of the last three years and with 13 seniors already committed to Division I colleges, the Friars should be the favorite heading into this season. Four seniors are in the ESPNHS 100: No. 11 Tim Stackpole (Army), No. 38 Sean McDonagh (Harvard), No. 41 Brian Sherlock (UNC) and No. 54 Kieran Burke (UNC). The Friars play a tough out-of-state schedule with Darien (Conn.), Delbarton (N.J.) and California power La Costa Canyon (Carlsbad, Calif.).

Jamesville Dewitt (#6)
Jamesville-DeWitt has allowed double-digits in goals just twice in the last two years. The Red Rams boast the longest active winning streak in the nation at 44 games and return four starters. It could be a different dynamic in 2012 for head coach Jamie Archer with the team returning three of its top four scorers from last year, including Syracuse commit and ESPNHS Top 50 junior Jordan Evans (58 goals, 49 assists). The defense will be young, but the Rams have allowed double-digits in goals just 14 times in Archer's 132 games as head coach.

West Islip (#8)
West Islip was upset in the playoffs last season, but finished 19-1 and returns a talented team in 2012. Six seniors have committed to Division I colleges, including attackers Thomas Moore (Denver) and Brendan Smith (Marquette). Starting goalie Jack Kelly (Brown) also returns. The midfield should be strong with seniors Jon Resse (Yale), Paul Riportella (Marquette) and juniors Ryan Wieczorek (Delaware) and Nick Aponte (Penn State).

Chaminade (#9)
Could this be the year Chaminade breaks through and wins its first CHSAA title since 2008? Twelve Flyers are committed to play Division I lacrosse, including ESPNHS 100 midfielder Greg Rhodes. Overall, eight seniors and four juniors will be playing D-I lacrosse. Defense should be a strength, with goalie Ryan Ricciardelli (Albany) and midfielders Matthew Graham (Michigan), Joe Reilly (Holy Cross), Rhodes and Paul Urbank (Delware) along with defender Brian Porter (Marquette) returning. In addition to its senior class, two juniors from Chaminade made the ESPNHS Top 50 Juniors list: No. 7 Ryan Lukacovic (Virginia) and No. 20 Danny Fowler (Duke).

Garden City (#10)
Garden City reached the Class B final last season and returns five starters. Seven players have already committed to Division I programs, including Warrior 40 alumni Patric Berkery (Pennsylvania) and Justin Guterding (Duke). The Trojans lost three All-Americans on defense, but Virginia commit Dan Marino returns in goal.