Lax Mom-

Having read many of your post on this and other threads I have to give you credit for doing your research before your son gets involved in "elite" travel lacrosse. I think most have given you good advice and agree with the majority of thoughts that were shared. I have three sons in travel lacrosse, all involved in the teams of the more "popular" threads discussed recently. It can seem overwhelming with how you make your descisions. As some have said, initially place your young son in an situation where he is going to have fun. As the season progresses you can assess the quality of the program, team, and his experience. If he, and you, are not happy make a change for next year. Many options that look good initially may not be the best choice. Some of the "larger" programs that are the focus of much negativety on this forum can and do provide an exceptional experience at the "team" level. Some of the more recent conversation about "smaller" programs may provide a good experience for a few. Keep in mind that some smaller programs only exist for the coaches son to play with his friends, they may not have teams at other age levels. Count the adults on the team sidelines, if you see 4 or 5 men (coaches) standing there it may indicate 4 or 5 sons on that team. That can lead to issues down the road. So in short, it is not that the program is "Express or 91" or "Igloo", it is the experience. You will learn much in your first year, well beyond any opinion, including mine, that is offered on these boards. Play PAL, play "elite" travel, have fun, at 8 years old you and your son have time to make your mistakes, learn and move on.

Best of luck-