Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone tell me what happened to the Beach Bums? The club website doesn't seem up to date and provides little to no information other than minimal infomation on the Babylon Lax Blast. I've attempted to contact the club throught e-mail on numerous occasions and my messages have all gone unanswered. I know they still participate in the summer tournament circut and host an event but given the unresponsiveness and lack of current information on the website, it appears as if the club is regressing.

My daughter left there last year and moved to Team Elevate, you can not even compare the two clubs. Elevate communicates everything to you about tournaments, schedules, hotels, organizes team dinners, etc. Elevate also has year round offerings for clinics, camps and winter league. you do not have to do them but they are offered. The coaches are very good and the organization is very family oriented, I just wish we found this club sooner. With clubs like Elevate out there I doubt the Bums will survive too much longer.

A beach Bum parent directed me to this post. I went to the Elevate site and see that they have already listed tryouts for next year on their website. It sounds like they are limiting the number of kids on a team next year, do you know how many teams are in eachage group?

I also left another club to go to Elevate this year. My daughter had an incredible year. For the first time, we felt like we were "part of a club". There is a tremendous amount of information sharing/communication NOT just with the top team in each age group (like other clubs) but with EVERYONE. They treat all of the teams the same. I have had kids on the top team and 2nd and 3rd team in other clubs and in those clubs we have felt completely left out an isolated where we were not on the top team. To answer the question above, I know Elevate has 2-3 teams in each age group. Given our experience and the fact that they are a growing organization, I believe that they will expand that next year especially since their webite says that they are reducing the number of players on a team which is a great move. Again, I think this club does a lot right and does things vastly different than the other programs that are out there today.