Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah, nothing wrong with playing a kid who is age eligible who is in the higher grade. In fact, as that is the opposite of people holding back their kid for athletic reasons, perhaps it is laudable. Of course, if mature enough, he might want to play up to be with this friends, but that is their choice.

I want to vent for a moment. I was in a U11A division early this month in a big tournament under U.S. Lacrosse age rules. The tournament director let a U13B team play in our division, because they were missing half their kids and pulled up some U11 kids . I emailed the fact it was a U13 team to tournament director well in advance, but since I was not scheduled to play them, I did not make a bigger issue of it. It was frightening to watch the difference in size between some of those U13's and the U11's they played (7th grade D vs 4th grade A!), particularly as some of tournament refs still thought bodychecking is allowed at U11 as long as the player takes less than 3 steps (one cited that to me as a U.S. lacrosse rule). Anyway, to add ironic insult to (thank god no) injury and to stray a bit off topic, the director's U11 team beat my team pretty bad in pool play but we earned a rematch in the championship and got up on their (admittedly better) team in the first half and the tournament director came over to our sideline in the middle of the game and in front of the kids and accused our team of adding (presumably U13) new players or else how could we get up on his program's team? Huge distraction and other team went on 4-goal run before he calmed down and believed we had the same kids and we coaches were allowed to coach again. True story. Too bad he only cared about age rules when his team was losing. We are going to be pickier with our tournaments next year, for sure.

TOO MUCH MONEY INVOLVED FOR ANYONE TO CHANGE, SORRY