Originally Posted by Anonymous
The question is then are they qualified parent/coaches with a lacrosse background? or just a parent who learned the sport because her daughter or daughters plays the game?? I have to agree on original post . Most parents who do coach do it for the wrong reasons ,because no one can coach there own kid so they gun for the next available opening to get that position. Yes its common everywhere , but as a parent you have to ask yourself at the younger age is it worth the money of not having a qualified coach especially in this organization ?? If i am correct i would say that if its who i think it is on RED? She is not qualified and go elsewhere !!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
wake up! there are parents coaching at virtually every age group

I am done with teams with parents as the coach. Avoid this at all costs. There may be a good one out there with fair objectives, but I've yet to see it with three kids heavily into multiple sports. We are now playing for a travel lacrosse team with no parent, thank god. Parents are fine for town level, and even there it is a joke to see what they pull.