Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is just a discussion not a national ranking. if it makes you feel better you can take the numbers away and discuss differnet teams or programs. With that said its a 2017 forum. The better forum should be why is it in lacrosse people always get uncomfortable with the competition or rankings? Hockey super competitive at this age, Soccer national rankings u-9, baseball teams are vying to play in the Little League world series on ESPN, Tennis and gymnastics you basically move away from home and nationally ranked. Why are lacrosse people so sensative? embrace competition and know where you stand it will make you better.
I embrace the competition on the field between the players. What I don't agree with is competition among the parents. The difference between youth lacrosse rankings and the other sports you mentioned is a governing, neutral body making the rankings. If youth lacrosse had some sort of governing body (yes, I know all about US Lacrosse)that did the rankings, then we would have something to hang our hat on. I love competition and playing the best teams but hate people talking smack!