it just seems like a lot of wasted time for your son's development. two years of "Five days a week for three weeks. Then the season goes for a little over a month. You have kids that can't catch or throw." I understand the whole playing with friends and such, but it doesn't help the better players at all. I guess maybe from a leadership point it helps, but not from a lacrosse standpoint.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
having been through it twice now i would encourage any group of parents that can pull it off to skip middle school lacrosse. School budgets have created a situation where there are too many kids per team and not enough coaches manage them properly. In 10 years it will be the norm just like soccer.

I get your point but who would they play? Need a bunch of teams to do it.

Obviously you did not see 7th grade pro player town division. Some pretty hot town teams played Smithtown Islip Bayshore West Islip. PAL on steriods

But that's not representative of middle school, where they have 35-40 kids and participation takes precedent over all else.

It was meant to say 7th and 8th grade.

But I believe the poster means that. Pro player type games is what they want not MS format. Have the best play and screw the all participating function of MS lax. Who does it help the developing player. It hampers and holds back up the elite player. If towns wanted their teams to be strong in HS they would support this.

35-40 player rosters helps who. How many teams really cut players.?

You are all nuts!!! MS obviously is not for development but rather team building, friendship building, school spirit and pride. It is the only place my kids can play with friends who don't want to go to that next level or can't make it there. The only people unhappy with it are the crazy parents. Travel teams are for skill building, competitive play and getting looks. Coaches don't come watch school games anymore. Stop knocking the school districts for getting kids involved and giving them the opportunities they otherwise wouldn't get. That includes playing with their friend who is an elite player. We suffered through MS sports and still are but at the end of the day my kid is happy and then goes and plays with travel in addition to school ball. Give us a break already with this. If you don't like it for your kid don't play, it will leave a spot for someone else!!