Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm so confused! I guess I will go if I waoke up in time. Sounds like a long day and if the evauators all know who they want then I will just chalk it up to another experience.

go, play hard, do your best.... You can't control anything else. Be proud of your effort.
Just dropped off my daughter at the try out, and on the way up she is tearing up and I ask whats wrong. She looks at me and says whats the point in trying for this, they all ready know who will be on the teams . She is a goalie and despite the edict that you must go in black shorts,and white top, she knows exactly who will be picked because the helmet gives the girls away. I tell her exactly what you just wrote. To any girl that may read this,after finishing the recruiting process the one thing we heard from almost every college coach was that they know how politicly driven Long Island lacrosse is. Do not let todays result define you. Use today to hone your game. good luck

Listen....this conspiracy theory stuff if ridiculous and untrue. FOR EXAMPLE.
Last year the Under Armour tryouts were moderated by all YJ coaches. The coaches of the team were Carol Rose and Tracy Weiner. One of the two goalies was a TOP GUNS KID.
STOP WITH THE NONSENSE AND ENCOURAGE YOUR DAUGHTER TO PLAY HARD. THEY READ THIS SO THE NEGATIVE STUFF HAS GOT TO END ALREADY.
I never said anything about club teams, All I said was when a goalie walks on the field all coaches know who the top touted goalies are and that creates a bias. those 2 goalies walked on that field with E.S.M. AND S.W.R. on the helmet. and as soon as the coaches saw that they knew who they were and they would get a better look than a goalie with a B.B.P. helmet on. no conspiracy, just a fact. If every field player is anonymous, goalies are not. If you don't believe that to be true than your either a fool, or a benefactor of the bias that is trying to justify it. and stop yelling

I'm not sure how the evaluators who have been around these goalies at camps, clinics and tournaments since they were young and have seen them play for all those years creates an unavoidable perception of their abilities. Is that a bad thing or a testament to those kids abilities? You call it a bias because why? Is your daughter a goalie? Who is she since you called out the two kids you mentioned? I'm not sure how you can logically make your argument. I'm interested in knowing how the ESM and SWR goalies are supposed to try out for this or any team? Let me know your thoughts on how to accomplish this.